Reviews of Homewood Suites Columbus-Worthington 3 stars

115 Hutchinson Avenue, Worthington, OH 43235, USA

#8 of 14 hotels in Worthington

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

Our car was gone through while we were sleeping, by no fault of the property owners, but it was still unnerving.

I love the large room, 2 tv's, and an amazing breakfast! Hot and great choices!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We struggled to consistently have hot water. It seemed that showering at night was out best option.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well organized and satisfying.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No hot water, bulbs burnt out, ice maker not working, and the lack of response from the hotel day clerk. Night clerk was great.

The spaciousness of the room.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Sheets had not been changed. Badly wrinkled with black hairs all over them. Had to change our own bedding. Barely an apology. Will not stay there again. Room had stains on the wall and in poor repair.

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

The room was excellent, very nice size , clean, great location for our business trip. Loved that they served an evening meal and breakfast, both were very satisfying.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Good breakfast every morning. Liked having a kitchen and living room separate from the bedroom. Very clean and comfortable.. Had TV in bedroom and living room.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The pool was closed for maintenance for our entire stay. Our grandson was looking forward to swimming. The fold out couch was not comfortable.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Large King Suite

There was pot and cigarette smokeing going on in the rooms on our floor . Pool area was occupied by people partying

Really liked the size of room, breakfast was descent

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The basketball court was loud a night.

The suite was very nice to have the extra living space. I also liked having many food options nearby- I could even walk to multiple restaurants. Downtown Worthington was also a short drive, making my commute to work that week less than 10 minutes. Breakfast had many options, including healthy ones.

Facilities in general could use some maintenance. Doors dirty, halllways could use updated. Line at check in was longer than I was use to due to rooms not being g ready. This 4:30 pm.

Room was clean and comfortable. It had an outdoor pool. We didn't get a chance to use it but it looked decent and basketball: volleyball court.

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

Doors to building with rooms were difficult to enter some said out of order. Beds were tiny. Carpets were dirty everywhere. We're told no extra pillows available. Key card didn't always work. Tub didn't drain while showering.

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

Right next to major highways, far too noisy. Bedroom window would not close. Bath tub wasn't draining properly. By the time I was done my shower, I was ankle-deep in water.

Wife hurt her foot on pool cover bolts that were not screwed down or removed. And this was s couple of hrs after someone complained about them. Next day they still had not been taken care of except the ones we removed after the incedent. Also was under the impression we were getting a suite for the price we paid. And our friends room had no refrigerator or microwave in their room.

Comfortable bed. Clean. Nice shower

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The dead bolt lock on the room door was broken. The door push bar on the door leading from the lobby to the rooms was broken and hanging off the door. The trim around the doors and elevators was scarred and damaged. It just looked like the property was being let go.

hotel was located where I needed to stay

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The room rate increased by over $70 since our stay at the same time last year. Previous weekday stays included a complimentary dinner. This has been replaced with finger food. Our room that cost more was much smaller than the ones we previously stayed in. The A/C did not work, although our view was of the all the A/C units right under our window. The room was over 80 degrees by the time we checked out.

Not much. This was our third stay here, and our last!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

Door 5 had problems with its lock (this is an outside door) and all of us had trouble getting our cards to open it. It was a replacement lock and it was not working correctly. That is the only negative.

The help was cheerful and friendly. They seemed to like their jobs. That extended from the kitchen people to the front desk and even a janitor type. I have stayed here multiple times because that has been my experience. I was attending a conference at a nearby hotel but choose Homewood over that hotel because of my consistent experiences.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Killed a roach. Security was terrible because to outside door to the building was supposed to require a keycard for entry. The lock did not work though. I reported it to the manager and it was not fixed.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Getting told I could extend stay on Saturday- when checked on Tuesday, they didn't let me stay'oversold' . No help Place old, some mold, ready for demolition

We arrived at 10:00 pm we got checked in, the key cards didn't work had to reload drive back to office no one there, called the front desk found they were on smoke break. Got room keys found bathroom floor was sticky, light out in bathroom and trash had not been emptied from prior guest . We went to our hospital visit on Monday room appeared to have been cleaned but we called The front desk to tell them about the light to which maintenance responded immediately ☺️ There was also a nasty looking stain on the arm chair in our suite I've included Pics of stained chair, crack in sink, mold in shower and trash that was left in our room prior to our arrival

The food for breakfast was Good the evening hospitality was excellent

It was my daughter and I. We had a room with the King bed ONLY.We were Extremely DISAPOINTED that there was no refrigerator or microwave. Would it be to much to add a mini refrigerator and a small microwave in the King rooms? We had left over dinner and I had to keep it in the cooler. It was not convenient to keep running to the ice machine to fill the cooler. I know the larger suites have full size appliances. I thought a mini refrigerator was a stanard item in rooms. The bed was comfortable and everything else was nice. However, if I knew those items were not there, I would have stayed a another hotel.That is a deal breaker.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

No complaints

We needed a room with a refrigerator,was upgraded to room with kitchen complementary we were very pleased with accommodations and service. The breakfast was a plus!!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Odds smells, old facility needs updated. Sink drained extremely slow. Water was running in another room's commode making noise and wasting water.Worst of all, pungent cigarette smell in a non smoking room. Had to be switched just after checking in.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pull-out couch was not very comfortable for the little ones

The King b d was very comfortable, breakfast was fantastic and offered an excellent selection daily, very clean suite, and staff was very courteous and friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

I made a reservation for a 2 room suite and when I get there, they only have single rooms available. The concierge tells me that when you use Booking.com, the hotel only holds a room for you, not a suite like I thought that I had a reservation for.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can't think of anything I didn't like. Besides having to leave.

The room was so clean. The room decor was very nice. The kitchen was nice and the fireplace was a nice touch to the room. The bed felt like I was sleeping on clouds. I love staying here and would Definitely stay again. Stayed in three hotels that weekend and this one by far was the best!!

Our room was not cleaned two of our three days there.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Terrible pillows. Scrambled eggs awful. Closet doors wonky. Traffic noise from nearby expressway.

They only had Ice machine on 2nd floor

The bed was comfortable and soon as you walk into the room you could smell the cleanliness.

Nice room

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The hotel was very smoky and stale smelling. Staff needs to work on customer service skills.

Hallways weren't clean; smelled like cigarettes No sidewalks to walk on

No hot water in shower Front desk person on check out eating b fast

Fridge

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

C Very comfortable room and good breakfast.

Needs to be refurbished

Staff

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

The bathtub did not drain.

The room was spacious and the breakfast was awesome! They said they are starting to renovate the rooms.

Vending machine on first floor was out of order the whole time. Not a very big selection of non alcoholic drinks in lobby.

Bed was nice staff was nice

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Going outside to go to lobby to eat.

Separate living room area

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Breakfast/Dinner area could've been bigger.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double One Bedroom Suite

House keeping not cleaning well

Good location . Nice stuff and and thanks to said

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The sidewalks need to be pressure washed. Dirty entrance. Dumpster are was open and disgusting.

Breakfast was good. Clean dining facility.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Breakfast was really good

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

I thought the price was a bit high, but understand the gouging that goes on when a special big event is in town. Everyone does it and gets away with it because out-of-towners have to stay somewhere.

Room was large, very quiet, and comfortable. The facility was near the event we were attending. Non throw-away flatware, plates, drink glasses and coffee cups were used to hold the delicious hot breakfast!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Asked for a kettle but they couldn't give us one. There is hot water at the reception but it wasn't always available/hot enough for tea. The bed was made but not neatly (the fitted sheet was inside out and for the life of me i couldnt get the corner to stay down)

Breakfast was good, not a wide variety but enough! They made something different everyday and there was a waffle machine. "Social evenings" Mon to Thu included complimentary dinner which was great! A few minutes walk to Chipotle and a big Marcus Cinemas. Staff were okay! Rooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

I can not think of anything as of yet.

I loved the cleanliness of the rooms. I was especially appreciative of the wonderful staff with my initial contact, breakfast buffet staff, housekeeping and front desk. In fact I am attempting to find a Homewood Suites facility in Houston where I will be visiting my daughter.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

Some staff serving breakfast really could do better at cleaning and tidying up the place during service. One night the plates that were put out for complimentary dinner service were half cleaned - looked like someone forgot to put detergent in the dishwasher!!!

Friendly and accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Room wasn't ready at 3pm as promised had to wait another half hour.

Staff was very accomdating. We thought we reserved a room with a kitchen, we were misled on booking.com. we had bought frozen food to cook but nowhere to cook it. We spoke to the staff and they offered to cook it in thier kitchen. They even offered for us to keep the extra food in thier freezer. Very nice since we felt cheated

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

Basketball court right outside my window. No time posted when you could play so it was used until10pm and started at8am. Hard to sleep....

Nice clean room, great eats on Thursday night in lobby.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

You show pictures of a fireplace with the king size room but smokers don't get a fireplace, very disappointed

The bed was great, comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Breakfast was just OK

Clean, spacious rooms, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The staff was nice and very helpful. The cleanliness of the hotel from our room the the front desk.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Did not like the fact that I was gonna pay and I couldn't and booking overcharging my account

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Had to change room because of smell if smoke in room with having a baby.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 February 2015

We requested to upgrade a room and because we booked through Booking and not direct they would not upgrade even having the rooms available.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.