Reviews of Homewood Suites Dulles-International Airport 3 stars

13460 Sunrise Valley Drive, Herndon, VA 20171, USA

#7 of 20 hotels in Herndon

• Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Registration/checkout desk needs a pager button to summon service when no one is there (which was often).

Kitchen :) Privacy door for bedroom Complimentary snacks in room Uncrowded breakfast area Airport shuttle :) Decor was nice.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

My only complaint would be that I had included my arrival time in my reservation details it was at 11 pm When I called for the shuttle they told me it stops at 10:30 pm I grabbed a cab to the hotel

So close to the airport Perfect for a late arrival

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room was smokey in a nonsmoking hotel and at 130am (late flight in) to have to change this was a bummer. The staff should've caught this when they were cleaning the room.

It was clean and convenient. The first room didn't work out but they were able to change our room and the second room was fine.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was never cleaned after our first night. When I called downstairs they informed me housekeeping will be up shortly. Housekeeping never came and when I called back they said housekeeping was gone for the day and there was no one else to do it. Same thing happened when I asked for extra shampoo and conditionerers.

The evening manager Sam was attentive and professional. The location is great if you are leaving for the airport and the rate was good.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room had a kitchen with a stove, but no opening windows and poor ventilation.

Communication with staff was easy. Room and amenities were satisfying

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It is kind of in a commercial area so you have to drive to any restaurants.

Very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Very good free breakfast.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only negative thing I can say was that there weren't enough ice machines. But I also have to say that the staff brought me ice whenever I asked for it.

Friendliest staff I have ever seen. Everyone was extremely helpful and courteous.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Arrived after 10.30 pm and no airport shuttle offered. Breakfast lacked fresh options. Overall, I paid a little extra for this hotel because of good reviews. It is a generic decent American hotel with all that that suggests - you are paying extra for fact it's new but you still get gross fruitloops and cling wrapped apples for breakfast

Comfy hotel, convenient for Dulles airport, new fresh facility, big rooms

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would like to have had a few more kitchen implements like a cheese grater, and a wine opener.

Staff were very friendly! Always greeting us, asking how we're doing. Shuttle service readily available. Went to the Air Museum (wonderful!) and grocery shopping. Had a nice compact kitchen. Hot breakfast was a plus. Nice looking pool and Jacuzzi. Walk to grocery, pizza, bar, restaurant, park, wetland area.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing not to like!

Sam was an excellent associate to talk to, the whole staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was incredible for the price we paid, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be more diverse, however it relates to amercian breakfast in general. Swimming pool could be bigger, but facillities were ok.

Great advantage is neighbourhood, especially if one expects more than stay in hotel or business meetings only. During walk or nightly jogging chance of meeting roes, hares and beautiful birds. Shop center with pubs in 5 minut walk distance.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was perfect for us; 5-10 minutes from Dulles Airport and 5-10 minutes from Reston Town Center. During the weekend there were plenty of quiet places to take a walk right from the hotel.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom floor needed cleaning. When I step out of the shower and my feet are too wet to put on my slippers, I sort of shuffle around on the bath mat. When I hung the mat up, the side toward the floor was pretty dirty. Also, some of the pleats in the curtains and drapes weren't attached to the rod. There was a hole in the living area curtain. It looked somewhat shabby. In addition, the faucet in the kitchen sink dripped. I managed to turn the handle to keep from wasting water. I reported these problems to Sam, but asked they be fixed after my departure. Sam was grateful and said he would take care of them before the room would be booked again. Also, the non-skid surface in the tub needs to be refurbished. It is very slippery and I was afraid I would slip and fall. For someone my age that would be particularly serious.

Sam and all the employees were great! Sam was particularly nice. His demeanour was very welcoming and he's quite charming. Any requests were addressed immediately. The was a problem with the air conditioning in my suite. Sam had a Heat and Air Technician in my room in 15 minutes. The technician was very nice and extremely competent and fixed the problem in no time flat. Free breakfast and Wi-Fi are great amenities!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I only had a few complaints, the pool is only open from 5pm -10 pm during the week which was a let down as we needed something to do Thursday during the day as my husband worked nearby. The website should have stated this. The pool was also extremely chlorinated.

The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The suite my family stayed in was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast had an amazing variety, it pleased my whole family. The evening free food Monday - Thursday was a nice bonus too.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

This was by far the best hotel experience I've ever had! I had to call multiple times in the months leading up to our trip with different questions and every time the staff was super helpful and very polite. Everyone went out of their way to make sure my friends and I had a wonderful stay. The rooms and facility were clean and comfortable, and the continental breakfast was delicious every morning. In the end though, it was really the staff that made our stay so great...especially Sam, Ivan & Kurt! Can't say enough, thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a king suite that had the bathroom inside the bedroom. The teenagers had to go in our bedroom to use the shower/bathroom.

The internet was wireless in the hotel rooms, not wired. The staff met our every needs. There were a few things missing from our room like dishwashing liquid and a skillet but it was taken care of immediately. We used the free shuttle service to go the Air and Space Museum and the supermarket. The hotel had an outdoor gas grill that we used to bbq hamburgers. We were so impressed that we stayed an additional night.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tv server was down were unable to listen to the news.

The people,from maids to desk clerks everyone always said hi and asked if we were having a good day. It made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great! Thank you!

Every time I've stayed at this hotel it has been nothing but enjoyable. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, and everything is always spotless! Lovely hotel and I will continue to stay here when I'm in the Herndon area!

• Two-Double Bed Suite Mobility/Hearing Access Roll In Shower - Non Smoking

The shower

The hotel was great!!!

Good breakfast

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the breakfast bar could have a better variety of food.

The room was huge and beds were so comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel cleaning Dirty bed sheets, towels with stains Dust room, not vacuumed at all.

Friendly staff and location

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The room size and the eating area

The room was small

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Elevator didn't work half the time

Clean and comfortable

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

running machine was out of order, not enough equipment

nice room - plenty of space, 2 TVs

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV HDMI ports did not work. I couldn't watch my blue ray player.

Staff was excellent and the hotel was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The toll to get to and from your facility,wet carpet in our room,tv did not work at first

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The flapping tarp outside our window. Hall noise.

The room was nice. The breakfast was wonderful both mornings.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I couldn't connect with their Wi-Fi

Location and many other things

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Alot of construction around but not the fault of the motel

Very nice staff

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

complimentary dinner and drinks swimming pool

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

i wish me and my family stayed a little bit more..

staff are very friendly and accomodating. facilities were very clean and our suite is really like being home.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

The bathtub faucet was tricky to get water the correct temperature and the tub drain did not seal.

The beds and suite were perfect for us and very comfortable. We had just completed a very long flight and the staff was very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

I didn't really like the food, I only eat organic non-processed foods.

I like how there was so many items that were helpful for the kitchen like pots pans toasters dishwasher available in the room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

The cleanliness and facilities were great. The breakfast was a big plus in helping me to plan our days touring Washington DC. Being very near a super market was key to having as close to normal food on vacation as reasonable.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Aircon controls in the room was not working properly making the heat/cold unbearable at times.

Really friendly and helpful staff, went out of their way to assist and make our stay pleasant. Supper is a fabulous bonus!!

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

Not a bad experience but leather furniture arm rests in my room was well worn and should be replaced. Hallway carpeting starting to show folds indicating extensive wear.

Price included both continental breakfast and dinner.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

we had ongoing issues with the wifi that made keeping up with communications and doing research for our daily excursions difficult.

The staff was very responsive and immediately addressed every issue and request we had.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

I did not like the WIFI. Stay Connected from AT&T is the provider. Only connects .one device and disconnects other devices - Though the hotel insisted is not suppose to be that way. I called Stay Connected very often and on a daily basis - they never resolved. The hotel windows do not open. If you cook in the kitchen, you are stuck with the food smell. I wish the hotel had two waffles cooking machines - early at breakfast, the lines were long.

They extended me a free conference room to hold half an hour webinar. The business conference room is also excellent and charged no money for printing. They also offered a complimentary buffet dinner with wine at no charges. The hotel desk staff are marvelous and very friendly and tried to resolve any problem and called AT&T as well many times. The bedding is great. The hotel is very close driving to the airport, highways, and to shopping centers. Free Dryers. Only washers are at cost. Very quiet. Thanks to AL, hotel manager. They also extended us late checkout (3:30 pm) at no charge.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

Got stuck on the smoking level could have changed but this hotel still allows smoking one of the few in the area.

Accommodations were great bed was ultra comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

All things are great.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

No support from staff to carry baggage

Close to shopping center and airport

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Staff not helpfull

Close to airport and shops

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

none

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Loved the dinner option!

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Ivan, Adam and the rest of our staff were amazing. So friendly .

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.