Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East 3 stars

5811 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38119, USA

#20 of 88 hotels in Memphis

Had a wonderful time. Would stay again.
    • Large King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have a few more Hot ideas.

This hotel was great for the price and location. The breakfast was not as great as other Homewood Suites I had stayed at. Overall it was a nice stay. Would book again.

Could have been better.
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

We had to change to room. First room bed was uncomfortable and to small for two people. Second room the water took several hours to drain out of the tub after you took a shower. The maintenance person did not show up after we reported the problem..

The second room was nice just had problems with plumbing.

Stayed in the 2 bedroom King/double room.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Stayed in the 2 bedroom King/double room. Was plenty of space for my husband and I and our four children. My 3 girls slept in the double bedroom and my son slept on the sofa bed. It was very spacious with the two bathrooms and the kitchen. Another good thing is that Monday through Thursday they have an evening dinner reception. Lots of hotels have evening receptions that are just cocktails, but this one was family-friendly and offered a meal that included some form of sandwich plus soup and a salad bar. It was nice to have every evening especially if you did not feel like going out for dinner. Now the things that I didn't like. The master bedroom did not get any local channels on the television. It would say no signal. So in order to start my morning off with the local news I had to go in the room with my little girls and watch the news. Minor inconvenience. We saw a lot of sites in Memphis so every day we were gone most of the day and hoped to return in the evening to a clean room. On our third night there we got back at 5:30 p.m. and the room still hadn't been cleaned. I called the desk and spoke with Reagan and she said she would call me back but never did. A few minutes later housekeeping showed up at the door but they were not able to clean as we expected with all six of us there, so we just had them empty the trash and leave fresh towels. Another day they clean the room, took all the dirty towels, but did not leave one clean towel. When we arrived back at the hotel and asked for towels they said that they needed to wash some.

My Stay
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The location not that it was bad but it was easy to miss straight off the interstate and the pool was closed for cleaning

It was great, The set up from the outside to inside felt like home and it was very clean, and the breakfast was delicious!

We’ve stayed before , we will definetly stay again as downtown Memphis is just too expensive .
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The location has a tricky road to get out of parking lot , sometimes it’s very heavy traffic, There were no suitcase racks in room

Great value, nice clean room , perfect for 5 , we had a suite with s sofa bed, great fresh breakfast every morning

I would not stay here again.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I booked a suite with a king in one room and two doubles in the other for 4 adults and 3 kids. They put us in a suite with 2 kings and told me they would move us if someone checked out early. The room they put us in had a shower that did not drain. So they agreed to comp us for the night. Next day they let me know they had a room available for us to move to. This room had roaches, a shower that did not drain, a toilet handle that broke with the first flush and we also had to go borrow a plunger for the other bathroom in the suite. But it had the two beds!!!

Breakfast was nice, and the Monday evening reception was nice too. The basketball goal on property was a nice touch too! The room very was spacious for my family of 7.

Besides the light fixture falling on meand no visible security.Everything was pretty good.....
    • Large King Suite - Non-Smoking

The glass cover on the light that was over the bed fell and hit me while I was sitting in the bed. And you could see where it had tape on it. So it must've fell before......

Everything was okay......

Worse experience ever

Staff

Front desk supervisor was extremely rude and so was the security. She was loud and rude. I paid $400 for a two bedroom suite. The front desk supervisor put me out without a warning when the paper says that you get a warning first. She lied like I was smoking in my room when I don't even use drugs and had kids there. I asked her to come into the room and check herself because I guaranteed her that there was no drugs being used and especially around children but she refused and told me I had to go. I wasted almost $2,000 on my daughter's sleepover that did not happen.

Stay was great. Breakfast could have been better.
    • Large King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing that I didn't like was the breakfast. There was no meat except chicken patties and my daughter is allergic to chicken so she didn't have any meat with her eggs and toast. They said that they only cook bacon and sausages on days that the hotel is full. I think it should be served everyday. The breakfast use to taste way better in my previous stays.

Everything was great. We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

Would definitely go back, great value for the price!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Getting to the hotel was confusing at first as GPS did not identify the U turn you have to make and the parking spots are tight.

For families with children who haven't learned to swim the pool was perfect at 5 ft at its deepest but big enough to swim laps, fully gated. Surprised at how big the suite was, two bathrooms and bedrooms with a living room and kitchen in between, a blessing if someone snores! We they say full breakfast they mean it, eggs, sausage, the works! Only 1 mile from some of the best barbecue in town, Corky's, and famous Gibson donuts, with convenient grocery stores and Starbucks nearby.

Had a wonderful time
    • Large King Suite - Non-Smoking

The ice maker didn't work and they breakfast was not good

Yes the bed slept wonderful but the ice maker didn't work but everything else was wonderful my son didn't want to leave

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Pissed the #$%% off!!!
    • Large King Suite - Non-Smoking

TV channels didn't work and a party was allowed to go on from about 2130 to 2345..the next morning Someone knocked on the door and ran away about 6:30...never will i stay here again.

Nice room

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

AUMY, Poppi and the 4 crazy boys
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We booked in January for a 3 room family suite. Got there, they had overbooked and didn't have 3 room family suite. But they made it right, gave us a double with a sofa bed and comped our stay for the night.

Comfortable beds and clean suite. Spacious enough for the 6 of us, weekday social @ 5:30 pm was ok, breakfast was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

All in all good experience
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

One of our rooms had and overhead fan an lamp that did not work and we need to get maintenance in the same room to attempt to get the room temp working. it ended up being much warmer than we would have liked as it apparently could not be readily adjusted to cool it down to 68

Very efficient and helpful front desk

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Felt like home.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

???? nothing comes to mind.

This was such a comfortable place. We stayed only one night, on our way back home, but I wish we could have stayed longer. Great space, wonderful and safe areas to walk our dogs. It was just right. I love Homewood suites.

Party all night long
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

People had a loud party and the hotel security refused to do anything about it. We got very little rest. Loud music into all hours of the night. People banging on my door.

The front desk gal was nice, she sent text messages to make sure you had what you needed.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Awful stay at Homewood Suites- Poplar
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I made my reservations through booking.com about 3 months ago. I reserved the 2 bedroom suite with a king in one room and double beds in the other room. I also had reserved an additional king suite. On Friday morning, I called and spoke with Crystal. I told her I wanted to cancel one of my rooms and she asked which one the king suite or the 2 bedroom suite. I told her the king suite, and she said okay. On Saturday morning when I arrived in Memphis, I called to ask about the check in time and once again I spoke with Crystal. She went on to tell me that the room that I had reserved was unavailable but she could put me in 2 king suites for the same price. I told her that I would be arriving to the hotel to continue this conversation. The other 3 guests and I arrived at the hotel and was basically told that the hotel was overbooked, and we weren't the only guests this was happening to. I asked did this happen often, and she said that was something they couldn't control. She gave us a key to go look at the king suite and a guy that works there walked with us. While in the room, he went on and on about how there were plenty rooms like the 2 bedroom suite we had originally booked available. Remind you we had just been told that there were none available. We went back to the front desk and checked into the 2 king suites for a discounted price. Both phones in both of the rooms would not work. When I arrived back to my room around 10 that night, the door would not open. My mom went and got 2 new keys and those didn't work either. I called the front desk, and Victoria sent a man around there with 2 additional keys. He got around there and preceded to tell us that our battery in the door was dead. He called on his personal phone to the front desk to ask if the maintenance man could clock back in to fix the problem. He was told no, and they were trying to call a locksmith.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Memphis Trip 2016
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

No Complimentary evening meals on weekends

The rooms were great, separate baths for each bedroom and nice space to all come together. The kitchen was the perfect size with all necessary utinsils

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Breakfast was good and I did like that you had a variety of...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The television was not working. You could not get local channels nor did the regular stations match what you selected. If you selected 39 you may have gotten channel 60. The fire alarm went off at 4:00 am Sunday called the front desk no answer. Repeated the call and the person on the other end of the phone did not know what to do. Stated someone would be in at 6:00 to fix the problem . The alarm went off for six minutes. My husband and I seem to be the only ones upset.

Breakfast was good and I did like that you had a variety of items to select from.

Enjoyed my stay
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The kitchen lacked few necessary items like cops and plates, etc.

Cleanliness

Fair
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My part was split all over the hotel. Some rooms were not ready at check in time.

Breakfast, the rooms

Relaxing.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I could hear the person above me, (third floor), walking around as the floor creaked.

Breakfast staff was very friendly. Bed was awesome.

My stay was absolutely amazing
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The layout of the entire facility was amazing! I loved the rooms, bathrooms, the air conditioning, etc!

great stay overall.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better.

I really like the room. It was spacious and clean.

I really enjoyed it!

Everything!

Great stay and nice and close to Gracelands which we came to see

More coffee in the room

Beds and pillows were to die for

Really friendly staff

Really friendly staff

Would love to stay here again
    • Large King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a very comfortable place. Breakfast was great. Friendly staff too.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice

No complaints

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great place to stay
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Serve wine with dinner, not just beer-other Homewoods do

Excellent front desk-kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Great size of rooms for my family of 7.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Carrying all our bags up a flight of stairs 😃

Great size of rooms for my family of 7. Did not feel cramped at all. Layout of rooms worked great

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

great stay
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

parking

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Clean room.

Clean room. Privacy.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Wonderful place to stay!!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was very nice and clean. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great place for group trip
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly and helpful. This was our 1st time stay at Homewood and it was great. Will book here again.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

The suite was large with a kitchenette, which

Girls on reception, room not ready at given time, poor choice for breakfast, no bowls for cereal, knives and forks, hot food fresh fruit, bread etc were not replenished when asked, so went without breakfast. Managers reception a bit scarce not much choice.

The suite was large with a kitchenette, which included a fridge/freezer that made the ice for you. a two ceramic hob, dish washer, coffee facilities, extremely clean and comfy

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

The breakfast

Pool was dirty and out of order..basketball court was in terrible shape rim bent n net hanging....hallways and doors were in terrible condition..bathroom was not cleaned well found hair in the bathtub...

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Comfortable beds, very friendly staff.

I only stayed 1 night and cannot think of something negative.

Comfortable beds, very friendly staff. Quiet despite of location between highways. Free parking. Possibility to darken the bedrooms. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The staff from arrival to departure were very professional...

I thought the quality of the breakfast meats could have been better. I did like the Canadian bacon.

The staff from arrival to departure were very professional and helpful. I liked the assorted firmness of the pillows on my king size bed.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

I felt safe and secure and there plenty of handicap parking!

Just out a ways from the city. Had to do a bit of driving. But worth it for the safety!!!

I felt safe and secure and there plenty of handicap parking! The room was large and inviting I have COPD but felt very good in The sitting area and bedroom. The staff were warm and friendly! The breakfast area was very nice with fresh fruit, hot food, hot coffee and juice.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Breakfast and fitness center are good;

The hotel cheated us - the booking.com indicated that the hotel had rooms with fire place, and it was the reason we decided to stay there over Christmas night. However the hotel didn't have a fireplace and didn't correct the information in booking.com. The hotel staff was pretty ignorant about it. Also, the air conditioner was too noisy, and rooms are fairly small. The hotel is located in the large street, albeit pretty far away from the downtown.

Breakfast and fitness center are good; nice clean room

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

Very comfortable and clean rooms (or, better say apartments)...

It is really better to rent a car if you stop at this hotel and do not have your one with you. Public transportation is not well-developed in the area, you can wait your bus for more than 1 hour. On Sunday mornings they do not operate at all.

Very comfortable and clean rooms (or, better say apartments) with all the facilities one can expect for the price. Really friendly staff, good breakfast. There are some shops in the foot distance and there is no problems with cooking in the room.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

The staff was very nice.

Breakfast needs to be reinvented...biscuits but no gravy?? Warmers didn't keep food hot. In fact it was cold, and after 3 days of being there we were very tired of the same thing. It really doesn't take much to have pancakes one day or bacon instead of sausage or where we are now ( also Hilton) a muffin with egg and cheese baked. And country potatoes ...change it up...for those of us who are staying more than a day or 2. This property needs updating....I

The staff was very nice...however, when asked about Graceland few had been there ( but, one young man got a print out for me). I think your company should have staff versed on these major site and comp them for if. Our air didn't work and they tried to fix it but ended up moving us

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Everything except my booking request.

I had a double king suite reserved for over a week. When i arrived, one was not availalbe due to another guest extending their stay. I was offered 2 separate, side by side, one king bed suites for the price of one which i accepted. I appreciated the effort but still felt as though my original booking should have been honored.

Everything except my booking request. The facilities are up to date decor, comfortable and cozy. Wonderful beds with lots of extra linens for couch pull out. Wonderful place to stay.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

It was very nice.

My bathroom was nasty with pubic hairs on the toilet n it was unclean. The maid service clean it three times before it was done correctly.

It was very nice. It started out rough. But the manager Paul made it very good.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

I liked the friendly and helpful staff.

I liked the friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

How big the room was

The entrance is awkward

How big the room was

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

It was extremely comfortable for our family of 6.

It was extremely comfortable for our family of 6. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the hotel as well.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

clean and spacious

took till 4 pm to get a cleaned up room

clean and spacious

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

The two bedroom unit

The matress on the pull out sofa was awful;

The two bedroom unit

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Not enough handicap spots.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2015

Staff helpfulness, great value for money and the place was...

Staff helpfulness, great value for money and the place was spotless.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2015

everything

wi-fi was a bit slow

everything

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.