Reviews of Homewood Suites Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon 3 stars

5500 Blue Lagoon Drive (Waterford Office Park), Miami, FL 33126, USA

#90 of 213 hotels in Miami

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is clean the staff was courteous and professional, the breakfast is delicious I’ll go back and stay again on my next trip . The bed is comfortable and the room is big

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved the kindness of the workers the socialization time is perfect to meet people I had never seen it as something so entertaining. We are delighted with the place for which I recommend and will return very soon ..

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I realised that the person who cleans the tables, doesn't use a desinfectante spray to clean the tables. He uses the same cloth for all the tables which I think isn't higienic.

We liked the facilities and the staff were great! The location is good to relax. They have a free shuttle to the airport. If you like to walk around the shops or go to cafés, this hotel is not suitable for you.

• Premium One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Tha AC compressor unit is IN THE BEDROOM. Who in his right mind would design a hotel room with the AC compressor unit in the bedroom? It woke me up almost every time the thermostat restarted de condenser unit, which obviously happens many times during the night.

Almost everything but what I disliked is bad enough to never come back.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The place is very conveniently located to airport and restaurants. Staff were very professional, helpful and friendly. We were even offered a shuttle to dinner at local restaurant and picked up. This was very accommodating and gladly accepted as I had hurt my foot the week before. The rooms attentively decorated and included everything one needs. Loved the place and staff.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good and fresh. The location of the hotel was great. You felt like you were not in a Metropolitan city and the hotel was on a beautiful lagoon. Great place to stay while waiting to leave for my cruise. Had plenty of room for all 3 of us - never felt cramped.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Off was amazing we had just come off the crew ship and were extremely tired and they were so gracious got us into a room as soon as possible and we just loved our stay there will definitely be returning and will be telling all of her friends about the amazing service and comfort at Homewood suites

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I received an Amazon package, and was charged $5 handling charge. Stayed at tons of hotels. I have never incurred this fee. The hotel is need of upgrades. Shower flow inconsistent. Toilets don't flush properly. Air conditioner extremely noisy. Poor lighting over face basin

Location. Complimentary breakfast. Free parking

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our first stay the room had some noisy plumbing that kept us awake at night. Maybe change up the breakfast items a little more and add some new choices. The large clothes washer made our clothes smell a little funny.

Room was big and it was great having a little kitchen to prepare meals. We also used the grill to make dinner a couple times. Loved the pool and hot tub! They also brought you to nearby shopping and restaurants! Front desk was extremely helpful!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

When I booked the room I asked for a 1st floor room or at least the lowest possible floor. When I checked in and asked if they were able to do my request they told me that the room they had ready was in the 4th floor and that if I wanted they could ask housekeeping how long would it take to get a room ready on the 1st floor. After this we had to wait 1 hr in the lobby until they were able to clean the room. So, they had rooms available om the requested floor they just did not cleam it or did not care foe my request. We stay at different Hiltons each time we travel and this is the 1st time something like this has happened. The treadmills at gym were not working. Finally, the same day we arrived we asked for extra towels and an hour passed and no one came, I went to the front desk and the lady at the counter went and got me some, but gave me several bath mats instead of towels. I went back and was told that the housekeeping dept was very busy because it was a holiday, but an hr for 2 towels!

The breakfast provided was good. The room was clean and spacious. Great location.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

They didn't have a bar or restaurant but they did recommend the local plaza which was just a short walk away or delivery from a number of restaurants.

Airport shuttle was very convenient, They upgraded us and the room was really nice and bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was included and the waffles (make your own) were great as was the fresh fruit and yoghurt. The staff were really friendly and helpful as I didn't have an adaptor to fit our plug and they loaned one to me. The room we had was nice and quiet and we slept very well.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

All was nice, service, cleaning, good from the start. I stayed in this hotel twice that is why I booked it now. There is the transfer from airport without delay, fast check in, good breakfast and if you need transfer to port cruise it is possible too. nice view from the window.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking was cancelled due to a declined credit card (assume as States transaction) and U.K. Resident. Turned up to find no reservation. Linda at hotel was fab and sought alternative.

Convenient, spacious and ideal for a overnight stop

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Rooms and hotel in general was very hot, muggy and air conditioner could not be set below 75 degrees. Other that the discomfort of a balmy room, it would have been a great place to stay.

Location was excellent. Property was quaint, rooms were spacious and well appointed. Very clean and comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Airport location was far from downtown and beaches, but lyft pickup was easy. Also the pool area was right off of the street so it didn't make for a nice quiet view or atmosphere

Delicious breakfast, very nice clean and spacious room, comfortable bed, loved having the sitting area and kitchenette for eating in room

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff at Homewood Suites, Blue Lagoon are always so friendly. I like that. It's one of the reasons I return to the hotel. I also like the location of the hotel. It is close to every place I need to go. There is a Publix nearby for grocery shopping and parking is no problem. I like the scale in the lobby which allows me to weigh my luggage pieces at check out prior to going `to the airport. If one piece is a little too heavy then I can redistribute some items to another piece that isn't as heavy. The breakfast in the morning is adequate to get my family going. Personally, I am not a big fan of breakfast. Anyway I always enjoy my stay at the Homewood Suites.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had to wait till almost 7 to be able to check in.. there were no room available

All the staff was great.. attentive and smiling. We needed pool towels and asked one of the workers, he came back in less than 5 min with them

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast the scrambled eggs had pieces of what seemed like onions in them. I can not eat onions so I feel maybe the should make that information available before people add to plate. Other than that the breakfast was decent.

The beds were comfy. The pillows great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel offered upgrade room, but offered upgrade room smelled for smoking. So they had good intentions but had to ask room change ;( In Lobby lot of chemicals used for cleaning, so the whole hotel and corridor smelled for strong chemicals. Did stay in this hotel 3 years ago, then had better experience really, this time experience was disappointment! Orange juice was sugar lemonade actually in breakfast buffet...

Nothing to mention here.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pam at the front desk was exceptional. I checked-in at 10:00a.m and even though breakfast was just breaking down, she called the kitchen to bring out some breakfast for my family. The staff is friendly and helpful and the room is spacious and comfortable. I returned to this hotel because of the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Also, parking is not an issue and there are restaurants and a Publix really close by.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I really can't think of anything that I didn't like with my stay at Homewood Suites

I enjoyed having coffee available 24/7. The staff was very helpful with information that helped us with contacting the Shuttle to get to the port as well as helping to get back to airport from port.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Although I only stayed one night...I have no complaints.

The front lobby was very modern, roomy and appealing. And I also noticed how pleasant it smelled in the lobby. That was very nice. The set up for my room was nice. I liked how the bedroom was totally separate from the living room. It provided good privacy.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The toilet was not working. The dishwasher was not working. the Master room door lock was not working. The breakfast could be better. The smell of cigarettes.

Facility for a villa for 7 people (1 2 bedroom villa). Facility to check in for the flight and print the tickets Facility of shuttle to the airport

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought the pool and tub were heated ? Not sure if I misread but I didn't enjoy it because of the cold water. The room would have been perfect if there was a balcony.

Loved the ducks on the outside. Lovely touch. Staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't appreciate having to pay for parking.

Enjoyed the flatbread and pizza. Location close to the airport was perfect for us. Loved not having to use plastic cutlery for breakfast.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

as foreigner we like to mail question, call is little bit expensive, thats why the shuttle bus didnt pick us up @ airport

staff was friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We arrived too late for the free food that was available earlier in the evening!

Great room with loads of space. We were upgraded to a two bed which was a nice surprise. We didn't need the kitchen but it was fully equipped. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I think I was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before the official check-out time.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and made me feel very comfortable. The hotel felt homely. The room was spacious and comfortable. I would definitely stay at this location again and would book with Homewood suites again.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Only one working elevator. A real pain. Management must do something about this issue.

I really do like this place. The king bed was nice and comfy, room was very spacious, nice size fridge, good breakfast, the bedroom was private, friendly staff, airport shuttle a plus, able to print boarding pass, the list goes on.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A lot of problem with the flush of the toilets. No waste basket in the toilets AC's do not work very well. Breakfast very poor and finish to early

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool edges looked like it had black mold. 'Hot tub' is not a hot tub! Jets had hardly any power coming out, water was actually cold and kids wearing floaties were playing in it! Room was not ready at 3pm as promised. Had to wait almost an hour later. While that may not seem unreasonable, we had to arrive early (11am) so it was an extremely long few hours. Toilet was broken. Maintenance man didn't speak English at all so it was hard to communicate. Problems with bolt lock on door (major safety issue with that one ) kept losing satellite on TVs even though it was sunny. I arranged a shuttle to the airport a day before. Come down, earlier than told no less, find out it was wayyyy over booked! Expressed my dis-pleasure with front desk about EVERYTHING. They paid for a taxi for us. Will not return.

Close to airport. Staff at desk was friendly and tried to be helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

1. BIG problem...room hot. We lowered the thermostat, an hour latter still 75 degrees so we called the front desk and they said that they would send maintenance. An hour later, no maintenance, so we called again. Long story short (meanwhile temp in room at 78 deg.) they relocated us...in the middle of the hot night. Took a while for the new room to cool...fan made a constant clicking sound so we turned that off at 3 AM. And if that's not bad enough, the toilet ran. Had to take off lid of tank each time it was used and fix the flap. Mentioned all this to the front desk staff when we check out. Was told that we would get a call. We have not gotten any calls from them. 2. Breakfast service on Sunday does not start until 7 am. We had to leave at 7 am and they had not even started to put out any food.

Nice location, nice bed, nice kitchenette with full size refrigerator.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I love this place the people at the hotel are very nice and helpful 🤗I totally recommend this place!

Lift was slow

Bed was comfortable

Reception

Breakfast and bed

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Near the airport and not far from cruise lines

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk employees were great!!!

Bed was just ok

Large room, clean

not really

too good location and property

BEDS COMFORTABLE, ROOM CLEAN, EXCELLENT BREAKFAST, FRIENDLY STAFF VERY HELPFUL

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

la manteniente general y la limpiase

la ubicaqcion

Comfortable. Good vicinity

Everything was just ok

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The showers are not comfortable to bathe kids.

The accessibility to the roads. Good location.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff. Need to be more pleasant

Always a pleasant stay

EVERYTHING.

• Two-Bedroom King Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was not adequately stocked. We had to request refills for several items

The rooms were spacious enough for all of us.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Such a great place! The staff were so friendly and really cared for us. Breakfast was wonderful too!

No hot water

Great beds

free food and drink

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the carpet on floor.

We had the good surprise to be upgraded. The appart was very clean and comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Close to the airport. Easy to go south.

Bre

Breakfast shuttle

Room

I had more time there

we were stuck in weather and they accomodated our son and family with our checkin so they could get in .....

the carpet smells

Everyone was very nice. Wonderful breakfast. Very comfortable. Will stay again

wifi instability, needs renovations

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't ready at check-in.

Staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel is nice amd smells sooo good.

Cleanliness, courteous personnel

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had ants in the room and on bed

Very nice facility

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We paid too much at $200+ and expected more. Room smelled old.

Nice breakfast, big room, close to airport

nil

Excellent customer service by staff who were very helpful and courteous, Location and overall ambiance

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Courteous and helpful personnel, location, cleanliness

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They kept us safe through Hurricane Irma. Many thanks!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Superb food, especially afternoon, with beer or wine. Free.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms need updating. Pricey for the standard

Central location close to airport

Cheaper rate

The breakfast was very good. The children enjoy swimming in the pool.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast very early in the morning was very good, catching a flight early in the morning

• King Studio Suite - Non Smoking

They were not aware of our reservations.

The suite was very spacious

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My room smelled a lilte funny like mold or like there was water damage in the room

Great for business

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Really good breakfast, but at many times we had to wait to get utensils, food or drinks

The comfort, spacious, clean and nice vibes

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff and the receptionist was excellent, and very nice. :)

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was older than anticipated. At the manager's reception, they ran out of food and didn't replace it, even though it was before 7:30.