Reviews of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel 3 stars

#60 of 69 hotels in Omaha

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Never again!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

the doors were broken to get into the building and terribly dirty and pounded in with marks, the door that was open was open all the time,, the first room stunk really bad and the sheets and top comforter had stains on it. the security guard could bring us nw sheets for us to put on. The second room smelled stale but the sheets were clean, The mattresses had to be 20 years old. There looked to be nicer buildings in the property, not sure putting us in this one was a great choice. It was really bad. Kind of scary, not safe feeling. NOT happy at all!

Not much, the security guard/helper ect was very nice, The coffee maker and coffee choices in the room were nice.

Needs Owner Investment
    • King Suite

There was a funk throughout the building we were in. The rooms were very outdated. Might have been a nice motel 20 years ago, but the owner needs to invest in some updates.

Breakfast wasn't bad.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Stay away
    • King Suite

Service at front desk was terrible. Everytime we went to the desk they wouldn't greet us or smile at all. Lock to get in the hotel was taped over so anyone could get in. Room was dirty. Saw used drug needles in the parking lot multiple times.

Cheap, but wouldn't recommend it!

comfortable, easy access to highway,
    • King Suite

coffeemaker in room did not work, breakfast did not meet expectations. was good but expected a little more variety

comfortable, easy access to highway,

I was absolutely annoyed the whole time.
    • King Suite

The staff was absolutely horrible. I had to ask for extra towels more than once. I booked online and when I got to the hotel they had no reservation which was irritating because I called ahead of time and they seemed to have it. I was so annoyed. I most likely will never go to that hotel again. I didn’t get to enjoy my vacation as much as I should have.

I like how it’s like an apartment type feel so it makes you feel like you are at home.

Peaceful
    • King Suite

The price was a little high but we do appreciate working with us on short notice.

The room was very roomy and we loved the fluffy king size bed. Staff was very friendly. We loved that there was breakfast available too! Thanks for the pleasant stay you provided my husband and I.

We loved having a separate room to let our toddler sleep in!
    • King Suite

The hallways we're a bit worry some till we got in our room. Parking was hard in a big truck.

We loved having a separate room to let our toddler sleep in!! Room was clean and neat!

The staff was rude, highly disappointed by breakfast, they...
    • King Suite

The staff was rude, highly disappointed by breakfast, they didn't stock anything so everything was gone by the time we got there. Staff wasn't there to even ask her to refill so I had to go into the backroom and get milk for my boyfriend and another little child. Rooms need updating. Highly disappointed.

Wasn't too bad of a place to stay
    • King Suite

the feeling of safety was gone once we walk into the building of where our room was. the door we went in didn't have a lock to side the key, it was just open. the building seem to be very old because some of our windows didn't work. the ceiling was peeling in the bath room. it was a hot day and we were looking forward to the pool but it wasn't open for the season yet. our room smelled like smoke so we bought spray to cover it up while we were there

the front desk person was very nice. it was a nice big room that felt more like an apartment. the outside and the lobby looked very nice and well kept.

The water was hot.
    • King Suite

Breakfast options were lacking. The muffins were drrrrrry. I literally ate boiled eggs at breakfast during both days of my stay. The hotel was aware of my check in time yet, when I walked into my room I saw chewed gum on the table, a half drank bottle of water and an unmade bed. I was given a new room that is in need of updates. I purchased sheets from the nearby walmart because the sheets on the bed did not appear to have been laundered. The daytime front desk staff was less than pleasant. During breakfast she was overheard screaming "maintenance said you're double parked again! Don't make me tow you!" She appeared to have a relationship with the tenant but this got the attention of everyone in the dining room and it was very unprofessional. She was also dressed as though she had just rolled out of bed on both days. The PM staff was polite and presented herself in a professional manner. I love this hotel chain but will not be staying at this particular Sunurban Ext Stay again.

The water was hot.

A Good Basic Property
    • King Suite

The room had two doors to the outside. We accidentally locked ourselves out because we didn’t realize one door did not have reentrance access. Luckily the staff was very helpful and the persistent housekeeping person Marta got us in. Very personable staff!

It was close to our destination, the price was right, and it was clean. Everything is a bit dated but we just need a clean place to sleep and this property provides that and more.

Never again.
    • King Suite

The overall facility was a mess! It looked like nobody had maintained anything for years. Entrance doors were all beat up. Needed painting and lots of TLC.

The room itself was comfortable. Quiet and two nice tv's.

Will not stay in another extended stay hotel.
    • King Suite

Clietel appeared to be otherwise homeless, hookers and low income people. Did not feel comfortable with security. Furniture, facilities and exterior locks had been trashed.

Breakfast was good although somewhat cleaned out by residents.

Overall it was okay
    • King Suite

Breakfast could improve. There were no scrabble eggs,bacon,sausage, biscuits and gravy. Everything on the breakfast bar was filled with carbs and sugars not very diabetic friendly. Only healthy choices were 2 % milk and fit and healthy yogurt. There were kids in the pool area running and jumping in constantly while the parents just sat and watched and two were not being watched by anyone.

The cleanliness of the rooms.

Really liked location - stayed there 7 years ago and interior had not changed.
    • King Suite

Dismal lighting, front door sticking, outdated décor. Porch light was only on 1 night - made it difficult to see when inserting card at night. Not your fault but TAXES were excessive!!

Liked spaciousness, closeness for handicap parking & windows.

great place
    • King Suite

ramp would be nice instead of steps to get into building. once inside an elevator was available

large room, great friendly and helpful staff. location "tired" but clean facilities

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Run down but a clean comfortable place to stay.

Run down.

Run down but a clean comfortable place to stay. Also, quite.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Dirty beds carpets was stained didn't wanna take my...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Dirty beds carpets was stained didn't wanna take my shoes off look really old inside nice on the outside...

Pleasant
    • King Suite

Room was larger than expected, bedroom could be closed off from living area.

Nice and clean

Nice and clean

We've stayed there numerous times and will continue to book there.
    • King Suite

The small mirror in the bathroom. Not good for 2 people trying to get ready.

The large handicap room and walk in shower.

The breakfast was good.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

It was very dirty and smelled bad in hallways.

The breakfast was good.

The Rugs in the building Hallway and My Room Had a Bad Odor.
    • King Suite

The Rugs in the building Hallway and My Room Had a Bad Odor... You should remove the rugs or Shampoo them Throughly..

just right price to comfotable ratio

Comfortable bed.

The carpet was stained and dirty the couch was falling apart...
    • King Suite

The carpet was stained and dirty the couch was falling apart the sheets had bugs,hair and stains

Not good _ staff was good and did the best they could for what they had to work with.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Your Web site did not reflect actual condition of property, rating was not accurate rated three Star at best is two star.

DId not try

Terrible experience
    • King Suite

The place was dirty. The couch was destroyed. The beds were terrible. Smelled like a huge cigarette. Found cat toys under chair. Mold in bathroom.

Love this place
    • King Suite

Nice facility wonderful staff and overall nice experience

Very pleasant

Internet connection

I could never get connected since the wifi did not work.

It should have a inside pool

It should have a inside pool

good bed
    • King Suite

old appliances and furniture. very poor breakfast bar

good bed

Review
    • King Suite

They don't except cash for payment.

The layout and ..well... personally.. I loved it.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2015

It is a convenient location with an average breakfast bar.

It is a convenient location with an average breakfast bar. The rooms are clean, but they have cut back on some amenities. For the money,ita great for the space and privacy it provides

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

I stayed here, and was working at Anime Nebraskon.

I stayed here, and was working at Anime Nebraskon. The staff was nice enough to let me borrow a pan and something to use as a strainer, so I could make them food! Would recommend for anyone needing to cook while away!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Bed was very comfortable.

Dining chairs were filthy, tv guide did not work on tv, frig opens wrong way, dishwasher coming apart at bottom, coins found on floor so how could room have been vacuumed.

Bed was very comfortable. No problem with water like previous reviews.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

The price couldn't be beat- we basically had 2 rooms...

We had two doors leading out to the street, and because it is a smoke-free facility (which in theory, I'm thrilled with) there were people standing outside our door allllll night long, smoking. It was quite disconcerting to hear voices by your door at 4 am. Also, there were lots of dead bugs in the light fixtures.

The price couldn't be beat- we basically had 2 rooms turned into one huge connected "apartment" (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and kitchen), and my price was under $100 for the night.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

I like that the bedroom was separate from the living room.

Could have done without the stairs. There are elevators inside but there's a flight of stairs to deal with outside first. Some of the guests there got a little loud a couple of the nights we were there.

I like that the bedroom was separate from the living room. Almost like staying in a small apartment. Gave my 13 month old great grandson room to move around.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

Spacious, location, breakfast

The bed was horrible, worn out could, uneven, should be changed out. The chair/ottoman stained, torn needs replacing, elevator light broken and taped up- hopefully no one gets stuck at night- safety concern

Spacious, location, breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 August 2015

Room and location

Previous owner had full breakfast - now just cold items, except for waffles Facility needs maintenance to better secure building and pool entrances.

Room and location Friendly staff Business room for printing

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

the swimming pool was very clean.

I just think the furniture and carpet were very old and worn. An upgrade would be very impressive.

the swimming pool was very clean. The employees were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Sometimes the coffee so cold , and when come to breakfast ...

Service

Sometimes the coffee so cold , and when come to breakfast area most of the kind of food out , the employees not take care of it. Two times I was in side the suite and the sign on the door don't distribute , the house keeper still opening the door by her master key without even knock the door.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Price was right.

This is NOT a knock on the staff at all as they were all nice, polite, and helpful. What we didn't like was: 1). The room was suppose to be "newly renovated"? Based on the toe-kicks under the counters, the WRONG way opening of the refrigerator, the poor job of chalking; all indicate to me the skill levels of those renovating our room at least was no better than if I personally did the renovations. 2). The breakfast was subpar. The only hot food was a waffle, which you had to make. Bread, fruit, cereal, yogurt; none seemed to offer much of a choice.

Price was right.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Great price for a large, comfortable suite.

The phones weren't working in our suite, but the staff was very friendly and helpful when we told them about it. They tried to fix it right away and when it didn't work, they gave us our choice of rooms to move to.

Great price for a large, comfortable suite. Bed was really comfy. Location and staff were great.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

The room was nice and clean .

When I originally booked this room, it was a completely different hotel name not Suburban. Advertised on the site was a buffet breakfast. Nope, just a plain continental breakfast. The pool was never open. My hair dryer never worked. A.c. went out on us. They tried to charge us 50$ more then my booked price. Not happy at all. The room was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. But, I won't be returning. Oh, and they need to add a texture coat to the newly build decks. My last day there it was only sprinkling, I slipped and busted my knee all up and split my hot coffee all over my foot.

The room was nice and clean .

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Nice breakfast buffet.

The ceiling in the bathroom was leaking from toilet above us, it was reported to staff but there was never an offer to move us to a different room. Shower was rather dingy. This whole facility needs updated badly.

Nice breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Location, room size and convenience.

Everything is dirty, stained and gross. Curtains, rug, mattresses, furniture all need replacing. Metal gate to pool and drains are dangerously rotted. Wake up owners, this could be a top rated facility with a little re-investment money.

Location, room size and convenience.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Location was good, beds were ok but not great

Security was bad most of the locks to get into the buildings were broken left us with an unsafe feeling.

Location was good, beds were ok but not great

• Reviewed: 19 June 2015

We had 2 boys sharing the sofa bed and they had only 1...

We had 2 boys sharing the sofa bed and they had only 1 pillow! We went to the front desk and they had no more pillows and not a single blanket available in the place! We had to put on an extra sheet set for warmth!

Nice room,clean,nice breakfast.

Front desk little short l sat in heat outside for 40 min waiting for a room hskp no report of clean yet then we sat in lobby cause now in middle of shift change then man came in and she gave him his room then l got my room

Nice room,clean,nice breakfast.

Space of room good.

Many repairs are in the works. Still in need of work. We checked in on Thursday were told we would need to let front desk know if maid services were needed on the weekend dates. No services were provided on the next day, Friday which is a week day! Went to desk to ask for towels and we're told we could only have two because none were left by maid staff. We had two adults, two teen boys, and now...two towels.

Space of room good.

close to the omaha zoo.

my son (3) found a few random toys around the room behind things or in drawers. Made me think the room wasnt looked over by housekeeping. The exterior door appeared to to be in working order (didnt lock). we were right by the exit and the door slams loudly had we been getting up early for events it wouldve caused us to be woken up by it which wouldve been disapointing.

close to the omaha zoo. felt more like a condo complex than a hotel which was nice. quiet location as well as quiet residents of the hotel. close to lots of places to eat or shop. We would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

This hotel is a series of small apartments, you have to walk...

This hotel is a series of small apartments, you have to walk outside to get to the lobby. It is an old facility and they are in midst of upgrade. Would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

The suite was well furnished with appliances.

The clerk that did the check-in was a bit snarky, but the other personnel that I met were very nice. The room was clean but the shower head was caked in calcium and I cleaned it myself (I thought it would be faster that way). Also the room felt a bit dated (especially the bathroom).

The suite was well furnished with appliances. The living area and bedroom were nicely sized. Wifi access was excellent with no hassles.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

Location was good.

Poor insulation between floors for noise. Chair and foot stool torn and stained and should have been replaced. Lights burnt out and on request still was not replaced. Room needed cleaning upon arrival and was completed the next day. Number 4 will not let you describe in your own words.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

It was fairly close to where we wanted to be.

Orange juice at breakfast was not orange juice, but Tang...not cool. Also hallways need to be cleaned better.

It was fairly close to where we wanted to be.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

The outside door closest to our room wouldn't open with...

The outside door closest to our room wouldn't open with a key card. The parking lot was very tight to maneuver. The pullout couch was extremely uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

We were very pleased with every thing.

The only thing we did not like was the suite smelled of smoke and we are not smokers.

We were very pleased with every thing. The staff is very friendly and personable. Breakfast is great. The suite can't be beat.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

There were some repairs needed in room.

There were some repairs needed in room. Parking was very tight. Breakfast was only ok. However the most disappointing is that I was charged about $20 more than quoted online price.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Convenience to freeway.

This facility is well beyond the timeframe for updates/remodel - the "security" doors to the various buildings do not work; the carpet in the hallways is curling, creating a trip hazard; the rooms are dirty - carpets have not been shampooed routinely; rooms, though non-smoking, smell like smoke; there is mold in the showers/shower doors, the furniture/carpet is stained and the shower head leaked - lots of deferred maintenance. And for the rooms that have outside room entrances, people who I assumed live there full time, are sitting on the stairs, smoking, loud music, drinking and loud talking right outside your door - does not make me feel very safe and I should not have to deal with secondhand smoke. The numbering system for the buildings is very confusing and the staff do a poor job of explaining directions. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Convenience to freeway.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

I like the layout of the suites,parking and location close...

I had stayed in the same suite six months ago and enjoyed it very much. This time the suite seemed very "worn". Door hardware was hanging loose, sheer curtains looked dirty and the bathroom ceiling fixture was hanging down enough to show the hole in the ceiling. I mentioned this at checkout with a response of "I guess the room had lots of use, huh?"

I like the layout of the suites,parking and location close to x-way

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

After coming back to the room very late, we discovered a...

After coming back to the room very late, we discovered a very large wolf spider at the head of the bed...on a pillow. Sure made it tough to sleep after getting rid of it. Staff was less than helpful when I called the desk about it

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Breakfast was great bed is comfortable but have stayed here...

Coffee filter from last person still in coffee pot so u know it wasn't cleaned

Breakfast was great bed is comfortable but have stayed here over the years and have not seen updates an it shows. Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

We were attending conference held at the Ramada and this...

We had to ask for more towels everyday. The rooms needs to start being updated some.

We were attending conference held at the Ramada and this was on the Hawthorne side of the building so it made it great for access to the meetings. There was three of us that stayed in a double king suite and we had plenty of room and they listened to my request for ground level or partially handicap accessible.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

The dining area was okay and the breakfast was pretty good.

When we arrived, there was a shift change at 11pm or so so we had to wait to be checked in. The room had 3 pillows on the bed that were basically half pillows and flattened easily. It didn't look like the carpet had been vacuumed in the room. New carpet was put in the elevator during our stay but it was not vacuumed after it was placed so it didn't look nice. The hair dryer quit working after less than five minutes. The kitchen staff spoke in Spanish to each other but there was no greeting guests in Spanish or English. The door that we entered to go to our room from the parking lot was jammed or something because it quit working on Sunday morning as we tried to take things to the car in the rain. It wouldn't open with our card and it looked like it wouldn't close completely. Overall, we overpaid.

The dining area was okay and the breakfast was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Comfortable beds, breakfast was generally good

Bathrooms were clean, but furniture etc were soiled, silverware and dishes were dirty. The whole property had a run down air about it. Weekend maid service only upon request is unheard of, and although we requested it, it was not provided. Had to ask the desk 4 times for a blanket for the sofa bed. Very disappointed with Hawthorn.

Comfortable beds, breakfast was generally good

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

The bed was great.

Outside of the room, the place was in big need of super cleaning, or a huge renovation. Hard to actually find via GPS. Outer doors were in poor repair and difficult to get into or out of building. Elevators needed cleaning and work.

The bed was great.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2015

The size of the room and comfort of the bed were excellent...

The room could use some updates. Kitchen and bathroom amenities weren't great.

The size of the room and comfort of the bed were excellent and I appreciated the ability to park near my room.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2015

The location was convenient, the price was great, and the...

The breakfast wasn't great but ok for a free breakfast. The eggs were a little strange in my opinion.

The location was convenient, the price was great, and the staff was nice. We also enjoyed that the room was a suite, espescially sine we had our 1 yr old in tow.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

Close proximity to the zoo.

The picture of the lobby is nothing like the way the room looks. Everything from the holes in the walls going up the stairs to the bubbled stained carpet in the hallway should have been an indication this was not like the picture. The room itself was stuck in 1989 (yes, you see the manufactured date inside on the label of the refrigerator), with a sad mattress and a refrigerator that whined all night long topped off with a dishwasher that looked like it had been kicked in. I was almost afraid to sit on the furniture with the stains that were on the chairs. The decor was so far off the 4 star review I read before booking for my family. The parking lot is extremely tight, so be warned if you have a big vehicle.

Close proximity to the zoo.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

The main lobby and breakfast were very nice.

When I originally called to book I was put on hold for over 7 minutes. I finally hung up and booked online. The room was old and literally falling apart. The floor was soft in places causing the tile in the kitchen to separate. The bottom was falling off the dishwasher. The fan only had 3 out of 5 blades. And the bathroom.... Speechless. Upon checking out I was informed that we may have been given a non-refurbished room.

The main lobby and breakfast were very nice. The staff seemed nice. The room/suite sizes are large.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2015

breakfast

no hair dryer, master t.v. did not work, no glasses or cups in kitchen, internet did not function, stained furniture, cracker mirror on closet door, no cleaning products in kitchen area, paint on mirror in bathroom, poorly "fixed" bathroom tub

breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

I liked the kitchen facilities microwave and refrigerator ...

small coffee maker and lights in kitchen area aren't bright enough

I liked the kitchen facilities microwave and refrigerator Bed is quite comfy and large. Heating is good throughout. 2 television's. Shower is nice with good flow. Bath towels are nice. Cutlery and cups.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2015

The manager was very rude but the rest of the staff was...

It had snowed the day before but they still hadn't gotten around to scooping the steps leading to our room nor in front of our door or the deck.

The manager was very rude but the rest of the staff was polite.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Price, location.

broken lamp in room, partially/mostly clogged shower drain, shower head frozen in one position due to buildup of crud, rusted out fence and gates surrounding pool area, door without handle when entering lodge area from parking lot and to top it all off a nice cold plate of eggs for breakfast.

Price, location.

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.