Reviews of Homewood Suites Boston/Peabody 3 stars

57 Newbury Street, Peabody, MA 01960, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Peabody

Poor breakfast and dirty room for an expensive stay
    • Double Suite

Dirty and stinky room Awful noise from the a.c Poor breakfast The lady at the front desk was not helping We ordered 2 queen bed and got a one bed suite for 3 persons. One of us got a punishment to sleep on the couch

Nothing really

Nice hotel but poor location.
    • Double Suite

The location. Peabody is approximately 15 miles from the centre of Boston although the hotel is named as being Peabody, Boston. Feel this is misleading. There is no direct public transport from Peabody into Boston. Underground is quite far away and there are no public buses. Had to use taxis all the time during our stay and it became very expensive. No restaurant for evening dining.

Bedroom was very comfortable. Large bedroom with additional seating area. Staff were very friendly.

Very pleased would definitely stay again and I highly recommend this location. Just 10 miles or so o

SOFA BED - PAINFUL

TWO NIGHT STAY - Very clean newly renovated facilitated with two room suites. Check-in around 5 PM was very slow. We had reservation but there was just one desk clerk who was already involved with a customer and she looked and sounded confused. Not sure of the issue but it took almost 15 minutes for our turn to start which then proceeded smoothly. STAFF Cleaning and kitchen staff goes out of their way to engage with friendly comments. ROOM Two rooms suite was super clean. Two queen beds in a separate bedroom area with a kitchen and living room. I needed to use the sofa bed because I was traveling with two grandkids and I wanted to bed them early in the bedroom area that you can close off from TV living room with sofa. SOFA BED The sofa bed was HORRENDOUS. Super thin mattress with springs that were covered by a very thin layer of materials. Spring poked into my body all night long. "Painful." If you only need the King or two double, or two queen beds they offer you will be fine. KITCHEN Nicely stocked includes: Basic cups, glasses, plates, flatware, dishwasher, dish soap, paper towels, dishtowel, coffee maker, and apartment size refrigerator with ice maker all in the room. BATHROOM Good size bathroom, tub and shower, were all clean. Hairdryer with plenty of towels and free soap, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, etc. POOL (Pool was shut down for at last 36 hours under some sort of repair.) When it did open water looked a little cloudy but seemed to be fine. WEDNESDAY EVENING RECEPTION After traveling all day it was nice to have he complimentary food supplied. BBQ pulled chicken sliders. Very little meat, but were tasty. Clam chowder was watery but also tasty and the serve yourself salad was plentiful. Slices of German Chocolate cake for dessert. BREAKFAST Breakfast buffet better than most but don't expect excellent food.

You guys are doing a great job. I will be back again and again.

Everything great.

Everything is good, I really enjoy my stay there home from home. They met my demand one of the best hotel for me. You guys keep up the good work God bless you.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!
    • Double Suite

There was not one thing I didn't absolutely love about our stay, the hotel or the staff!

The staff was amazing! Friendly and very knowledgeable! They truly went above and beyond especially upon check-in when Booking.com had made a mistake in booking the room.

Home away from home Perfect spot
    • King Suite

Just me wish there was a bar in-house but again no need as it’s a family gig and plenty of restaurants in vicinity some even walking distance

Great staff Very pleasant to talk to and very welcoming and seemed knowledgeable Clean facilities just right breakfast Lots of parking The best part was the room It has everything for someone here for work or family for short stay Very comfortable bed

Everythig,rooms(suites)were big and clean very quiet...
    • Double Suite

Nothing everything was great,can’t think of anything bad to say.

Everythig,rooms(suites)were big and clean very quiet,breakfast was great we stayed for 2 nights and every morning there was different menus for breakfast and lots of varieties to choose from and staff were very nice and lots of stores and a mall near by to shop and restaurants easy to get to.

Happy Home Feel
    • King Suite

No movie selections on the television. Even the ability to use my Netflix account to pick a movie would be good.

It is always a pleasure to stay here. It is always neat and clean.

A rtVery Good Option for a Comfortable Stay.
    • King Suite

Towels were fairly small, and a little scratchy, but that was about it. It was not at all a problem as most hotels due to needs I find do not have high quality towels for use, so I generally bring my own. I am a heavy set guy so bigger towels are preferable. But because of laundry costs often impractical at most hotels.

Very Clean, Very Neat, Very Quiet. When I stay in a hotel, its generally for a trip for work or for pleasure. I like to have the options of breakfast on site, a pool is good as an option, and a fitness room is good. This had all of those things and it was quiet and very enjoyable.

Vacation get away!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

During the night you can hear the dinging of the elevator. Location...we got it down pat but...its not easy to get too.

This was our 3rd yr staying here(5-6 days at a time)...love it for a couple who sleep separate due to snoring, we get a room with a bedroom and rotate. This was also the first yr remodeling...WAS DONE!! Breakfast is good...the evening we never get back in time to enjoy so don't know. Room was always nicely straightened up...except for a broken pieces of chip...not sure if they swept.

Good location,convenient .
    • Double Suite

Swimming pool had cold water.bathrooms were not clean as they should be,especially tubs where water was stuck during showers.

Good location,convenient .hotel is just ok,good for 1 night

Comfortable accommodations.
    • King Suite

Pillows not supportive enough. Toilet paper was crepe paper in quality. No ventilation or heat lamp in bathroom. Carpeting in lobby area looked dirty until you realized that it was the design ... Not a good choice.

Room size was excellent as we're appointments. Fan in bedroom provided white noise and air movement for sleeping. Breakfast was delicious and generous.

Disappointing.
    • Double Suite

we waited for 15 minutes to check out and couldn't get the office staff to come out. We had to leave to catch a plane and we are still waiting for the return of deposits.

Overall it was good
    • Double Suite

The pool was out of order so that should have been on the website when booking. We were able to go next door to use their pool but it was not convenient walking in the November cold with wet hair.

The staff was great and the rooms were nicely decorated

Wonderful.
    • Double Suite with Accessible Tub

Pool was closed for renovations, which is fine but would of preferred advance notice. They did give us an option to use the pool at the hotel next door though.

The breakfast and evening social were a nice feature. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they make for an enjoyable stay.

Everything was great.
    • King Suite

The only issue was the fact that breakfast ended at 9 on weekdays. We were on vacation and would have really liked to sleep in until 10 or so. Wished it was offered longer.

Everything was great. Couldn’t have asked for any better!

Fine
    • Double Suite

I would have lijed the opportunity to know I could have checked in early, although the hotel was accomodating to other guests who came early

I just checked in at midnight. I had attended my son's wedding in Salem

We really enjoyed our stay here.
    • King Suite

The pool was being refinished so we couldn’t use it but it looks like a really nice pool area. They do own the hotel next to it and allowed us use of that one but we didn’t have suits anyway. They were very accommodating about it but we hadn’t brought anything to wear for swimming so it was ok. We also didn’t see on the booking.com web page that this was a pet friendly hotel or we would have been able to bring our dog. Instead a friend stayed at our house with him. We did find out the pet fee is an extra 125 a nice which I do find to be a little steep considering our dog is completely house trained and non destructive.

Room was very nice and clean. Hotel was quiet and the breakfast was really nice. The eggs were great!

Everything was great.
    • King Suite

We had no complaints. Everything worked in the room and it was a very comfortable stay.

Everything was great. The bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately, we had to leave prior to breakfast in order to catch our flight home.

Restful and big rooms
    • Double Suite

There wasn't really anything we didn't like.

The bed was so comfortable and felt so nice after walking around all day. It was so quiet and we never heard any other guests until breakfast.

Usually stay at Hampton Inns for microwave and fridge are usually in the room. This was better
    • Double Suite

address for gps should be route 1, not Newbury St. (or whatever it was)

bacon was crisp hash brown nuggets were deliciously seasoned. fruit selection (fresh and fruit bowl) exactly as we wanted.

Loved it! Will definitely book again next time we come to Boston /Salem!
    • Double Suite

We were four adults and there were only three towels. Had to bother the girl at the front desk twice to request a fourth towel.

The room was beautiful! Plenty of space for a family of four.

Very nice stay here.
    • Double Suite with Accessible Tub

Could use more seating at the table in the room. There are only 2 chars in a suite that sleeps up to 6. Fitness room is small, with only treadmill, elliptical and weight bench.

All the lamps and lights have USB ports for charging your devices, which is very convenient. Computers and printer in lobby for guest use. Clean rooms, nicely decorated With comfortable beds. Kids loved the pool. Decent breakfast included every day and dinner Monday-Thursday Walk right next door to Sonic for icecream /food or Wendy's a couple of buildings down on the other side. Hotel is in a main strip with many restaurants and shops including mall nearby. Relatively easy drive into Boston or to Wonderland T station to take the subway in.

This hotel was an enjoyable stay from check in to check out. I would definitely stay here again.
    • King Suite

Not the easiest place to get in and out of road wise. There is a divider in the middle of the main road that runs for miles.

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. I loved that it had an indoor pool and workout facility.

Booking.com screwed up our reservation and front desk staff did not give a d**n!
    • Queen Suite

Booking.com overbooked our reservation at the homewood suites. They only booked 1 room instead of 2, so when we arrived with lots of family to prepare for our daughters graduation - we were out of luck. The hotel front desk staff (including the manager) were completely unhelpful, belligerent and basically absolved themselves of any blame - just blaming booking.com's computer system. Bottom line - treated like crap. Will never use booking.com again - nor stat at that particular homewood suites.

nothing - see below.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Staff very friendly
    • Double Suite

Difficult to see the sign by the highway entrance in the dark. Entrance very narrow to access or exit off of a highway with speeding cars.

Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Exceptional hotel, all amenities inc.
    • King Suite

My room view was a parking lot.

Beautifully renovated, plush, very clean, comfy. Has all amenities right down to a dishwasher in the room. Large refrigerator/freezer. I feel like it's my home away from home. Many area restaurants, fast food places, coffee shops, and shopping/malls. I love it here. You won't find nicer.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

All the comforts of home.
    • King Suite

The handle was missing of the closet door in the bedroom and the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. Little stuff but bothersome.

I liked the kitchen, it was nice that it was stocked with eating and cooking utensils. I also liked the apartment feel, I'll definitely stay at other Homewood Suited.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Customer service was excellent they could tell when you were...
    • King Suite

Lack of towels in swimming area.

Customer service was excellent they could tell when you were looking for or thinking about something and would come over and ask what you need.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Nice place more info should of been provided
    • King Suite

Room wasn't ready when I checked in I asked for a certain room and that wasn't available and I wasn't aware they were going to charge my card and extra $50

Very friendly good breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Good value for the price
    • King Suite

Breakfast was blah, no options for healthy eating at all. Our first room was at the end of the hallway next to a mechanical room, and it was too noisy. But the helpful staff worked to find us a quieter room.

Staff is extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

My home away from home.
    • Double Suite

There wasn't anything I didn't like. I love Homewood Suites and stay with you when ever we are in the area. It is sparkling clean and quiet and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Beautiful place
    • King Suite

Not a good view. The view was of the highway. From the 4th floor.

The rooms were beautiful and clean. The bathrooms had a nice supply of good soaps & facial wipes. The blinds were fantastic if you like to sleep in.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great hotel for short or long stay!!!

Nothing, it was perfect!

The staff was extremely halpful and curtious. The room was clean and much more than what I was expecting. I would recommend staying at this hotel to any friend or family that asks. And the complimentary breakfast was delicious!!

Room set up, location, and breakfast

Room set up, location, and breakfast

Stay here, I would again.
    • One Bedroom Suite

Clean, free breakfast buffet, own little apartment, quiet.

The hotel was nice just the people at the front desk sucked

The staff

Staff was awful and cluesless about everything

The worst stay ever the manager was horrible and very...
    • King Suite

The worst stay ever the manager was horrible and very unprofessional stay at your own risk !! Wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay at this hotel

The hotel was nice that’s about it
    • King Suite

The manager is a rude Prick if you don’t check out 12 on the dot he will call the police on you beware

The hotel was nice that’s about it

Very please will trust your Homewood to return again. Excellent customer service. Which we lost.

Pillows, feathers I have allergies

Staff was friendly and professional also very accommodating

Great stay. Recommend it.
    • Double Suite

Very pleasant staff. Great breakfast.

Comfortable Stay at a Quality Price.
    • King Suite

Inconvenient to get back to easily once you left. But that's a Highway issue mostly.

Easy to get to, neat, clean, and professional staff.

Very comfortable
    • Queen Suite

Super accommodations like a home away from home. Very modern and they covered every need

My favorite place
    • One Bedroom Suite

I couldn't stay longer

Had a wonderful time

Pool was under renovation

Breakfast was awesome

Overall it was a nice experience
    • Double Suite

They didn't inform me the pool was being fixed and it wouldn't be available during our stay

Everyone was very friendly

attended a wedding in Salem/Lynn area
    • Double Suite

The indoor pool was not up and running when we arrived even though it was supposed to be as stated on the website

The breakfast was very good loved the waffles
    • Double Suite with Accessible Tub

The pool was out should be on website ,we made plans to use

The breakfast was very good loved the waffles

Extremely pleasant
    • King Suite

Staff were extremely accommodating and very helpful.

Pool renovations. No call to tell us if was not working
    • King Suite

Nobody called to tell us the pool was not working.

Everything but the pool was not working and that was the main reason why we got this one.

Complimentary breakfast in a nice setting, I will always try...
    • Double Suite

Complimentary breakfast in a nice setting, I will always try to stay at a Home suite hotel for now on

Enjoyed everything about it.
    • Double Suite

Everything was clean, everyone was friendly, felt secure.

Good stay

Space and comfort

Even though stay was short my family and I felt very comfortable this is one of the best hotels.
    • Double Suite with Accessible Tub

The beds were really comfortable & excellent customer service.

Too expensive pet fee for one night

Too expensive pet fee for one night

I liked the interior design, the pool and the full breakfast.
    • Double Suite

I liked the interior design, the pool and the full breakfast.

Trying to call because I left something in room can't...
    • King Suite

Trying to call because I left something in room can't through

It worked for us!

It worked for us!

The front desk attendant was very helpful especially...
    • Queen Suite

The front desk attendant was very helpful especially relocating us to a room that was more appropriate for out party size.

Bigger pool!

Bigger pool!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great place!
    • Double Suite with Accessible Tub

The sign for the hotel was hard to see at night. The words should be lit up.

The room was great.

The suite was great for family's.

Ants in the bathroom.

The suite was great for family's. Great breakfast and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Would have wanted IMPECCABLE CLEANLINEAS. My bathroom reeked.

Eating with riff-raff.

Convenience & value of it all

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Hotel recently renovated
    • Queen Suite

I tried to reserve a wake up for 1 hour and finally gv up. Not sure why noone answered the phone

I was very happy with hope will the service and the size of...
    • Double Suite

I was very happy with hope will the service and the size of the room

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Poor internet service
    • King Suite

Awoken by company dumping trash dumpster at 6:00 A.M., Kept losing internet connection. Resigning into was a constant problem.

internet was

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

We will be in the pool more warm

We will be in the pool more warm

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Home away from Home
    • Double Suite

I should have eaten my eggs and sausage immediately beforeI got up to make a waffle. So they were cold, which was my fault.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I loved everything about it.
    • King Suite

Cant say cuz i liked it all

I loved everything about it.the pool the room the breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Enjoyed our stay
    • Double Suite

The pool was cold and we went there - just - to use the pool.

The Breakfast was Very good

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Great hotel for Thanksgiving weekend!
    • Double Suite

Nothing was unsatisfactory so kudos to Homewood Suites Peabody.

Staff was very helpful and breakfast was good selection for the price.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Great Stay For Your Money
    • King Suite

The staff and place were exactly were perfect

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

I loved everything

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Very clean, some free meals, complimentary lemonade anytime,...

Only two elevators for entire facility and they were not working for most of our stay.

Very clean, some free meals, complimentary lemonade anytime, on site store

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.