Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington, D.C. Downtown 3 stars

1475 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC 20005, USA

#69 of 143 hotels in Washington

We had a great stay and certainly would come back.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

It is silly but I had a difficult time with my key card and the elevator,

The room was spacious and clean. It is a great place if you plan to stay more than a day or two,

Great affordable, comfortable stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The location of the hotel is kind of confusing. It's actually located on Highland Street not Massachusetts Ave.

The room was really nice. The free breakfast and social event were a major plus.

Fabulous
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View - Non-Smoking

Haven't thought of anything yet.

The breakfast was properly made and the staff so welcoming. The receptionist were very articulate in answering our questions the only problem is booking.com never gave them my proper name but it was eventually sorted iut.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Perfect for my family’s first trip to Washington dc
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Traffics. But there is not much you can do about that.

All the staff were extremely helpful but the Evening consierge was amazing. I don’t remember his name but he went above and beyond every encounter. He was from Ethiopia.

I liked the suite and the room was a good value.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought it was closer to the sites but it was a short ride to the attractions. Also, some bars and restaurants in walking distance.

I liked the suite and the room was a good value. Also, like the kitchen with full fridge.

I'll be back like Arnold Schwarzenegger
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The staff are very friendly, the room had a mini kitchen with all the amenities you can think of such as a microwave, stove. Pots and dishes. It had just about all you c ould ask for.

Valet parkers (2 on varied days) touched my heart, with...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The female clerk who "greeted" us at check-in seemed to instantly not like me! I quickly handed her my driver's license, and my credit card that I used for our reservation. But she seemed to study me, instead of focusing on quickly and enthusiastically getting all of us into our suite. When I asked about my parked car needing to be parked by the then absent, (1), valet parker, my "customer service rep." looked at me a while, and remarked we should wait a few moments for the valet parker to come to us, and get my car rightly parked. We waited a few seconds before my mind thought, "I don't think so! If this woman won't help us, we still will proceed with being treated as guest SHALL be treated!" So I told my daughters, "let's go to our room!" And we did just that! My mom had been in a bathroom, but when she walked back to the lobby where we all had waited, she approached that same lady worker, got that worker to hand her a room key, and got up to our room! After I set down our luggage in our room, I returned to the lobby, watched for a few seconds until I saw Valet Parker 1, and got the service that the female "greeter" should have arranged! Valet Parker 1 sprang to action, taking my key, and assuring me that he would safely park my car!

Valet parkers (2 on varied days) touched my heart, with their genuine, down-to-earth demeanors, and their diligence. The hotel only had one valet parker per shift(s). But these workers managed to park all cars, and also, converse with us travelers. The valet parker who walked and moved quickly in spite of his disabilities, opened up to me about his troubles, and I did the same (smile)! We smiled together while sharing our blues. And a second valet parker went into his personal car trunk one day, to get his "real" cork opener. My mom had bought a flimsy opener from a local merchant, only to see that it would not get two wine bottles opened. So Valet Parker 2 quickly got both bottles opened, after all, with his handy cork remover! Neither parker asked to tips, but we gladly gave tips to each one, since each went above and beyond their laborious duties.,

Not too far from National Mall.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to pay $50 a day for parking in addition to room cost.

Not too far from National Mall. We walked there. Room was nice. There are a few markets a few blocks away. Staff was friendly. It was the first quiet hotel we had on our trip.

Great place to visit DC
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing. It was great value for the price we paid. The room was a bit old stylish but clean and tidy. They could offers some veggies for breakfast.

It's a great place if you plan to visit DC. Staff is helpful (we had issues with the reservation, they solved it and even offered a better price). They serve good breakfast which is a great start of the day. The rooms is big enough and well equipped (kitchen with toaster, dishwasher, pots, pans, etc.). The hotel is close to the White House (about 10-15 minutes walk) and to metro/bus stations.

Good location and price
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Some odd cake type donut objects for breakfast and the coffee is not good. Maybe there is a shortage of Coffee Beans following trade embargos in North American !

Location is pretty good, particularly if you're going to the big conference centre of the National Mall. 10 minute walk to the Metro. Fairly quiet neighbourhood given the size of the roads right outside.

The staff was friendly, warm and inviting.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There wasn't anything I can think of.

The staff was friendly, warm and inviting. The room was clean, housekeeping did excellent job. Great location .

Will stay again. at Homewood Suites
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Stayed seven days in May, Rained for five. Could not argue with Mother Nature. But we still enjoyed ourselves as we had rain gear,

Location, easy to walk downtown, to Subway. Able to cook our own meals. Many restaurants in area. Staff were excellent, Front desk, Housekeeping, Breakfast staff, cheerful and attentive. Manager introduced himself on arrival, and saw us off.

Overall good stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not top notch re cleanliness and the hotel was somewhat out of the main tourist area.

Breakfast was really very good! One of the best inclusive hot breakfast for a normal hotel. Good variety. We also liked the fact that the room had a kitchenette with full size refrigerator. Market near by.

Nice place to stay in DC
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lowest A/C temp which can be set is 20c, I would like to have it even cooler!

Friendly staff, good location close to city center and white house with walking distance to metro station, room is spacious with separate bedroom and living room each room has TV, breakfast is good, free hot drinks (tea/coffee) 24/7, overall is good!

A great place minus the front desk stas
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Thd front desk staff. They hardly smiled, no greeting upon arrival or comings and goings.

The valet parking was quick and convenient. I was able to retrieve my car as much as I wanted within 2-3 minutes.

It's a good choice for family with 4!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The breakfast doesn't meet my expectation.

Awesome kitchen and quiet neighborhood! Just a few minutes to the nearest CVS and not very far from the White House that can be easily approached by walking.

An excellent hotel at the heart of Washington DC. Perfect for visiting the city. Great breakfast too
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to pay for parking as guests at the hotel.

Great room - really large for a family of 3. Very comfortable beds and an excellent choice of food for breakfast. Very convenient to visit the sights of Washington DC. We thoroughly enjoyed our 1 night stay here.

Nice place but probably will
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

People next door cooked fish two nights and the odor of the fish was in the hallway and in our room. Was very concern of them possibly causing a fire in their room.

Staff was great.

Staff was fantastic.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

There is no internal stairway so you have to take the elevator up - this causes a clog in the morning as people are heading up or down for breakfast/to start their day.

Staff was fantastic. Good distances from sights.

Great staff but average accomodations. They need to replace worn out mattresses & extend b’fast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

King size mattress was worn out and sagging. Mattress on the pull out couch was too thin as well and completely worn out. Complimentary breakfast ending at 9AM is not designed for leisure travelers who sleep in. Also they kept running out of food and the lines were very long trying to push too many people through breakfast in too short of a timeframe. We ended up only eating breakfast there two of the five days we were there because it was not worth the effort.

Location and staff

Spring Break Overnight

Nothing was bad.

Plenty of room for 6 people. Really nice "Happy Hour" in the dining area for guests of all ages. The staff during the happy hour and breakfast were very friendly and always attentive.

Beds were comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Hard to get in and out of. Cost of parking at the hotel was too high. Not enough help at breakfast for the number of people staying there. They kept running out of food and plates. The help worked super hard but they just couldn’t keep up.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean.

convenient location and setup for families
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom located inside the room so little challenge for us to access it while baby's sleeping in the room. Also while staff were friendly, they were very short-staffed and our room was not serviced until we asked for it at 6pm.

It was great to stay in a suite with separate bedroom as we have a baby, however, since the bathroom was located inside the room, it was a challenging for us access it while baby was asleep.

What a great staff!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Wish breakfast could have been extended to a little later in the morning.

What a great staff! We left our grandson's Kindle Fire and they called us to let us know. They took care of it until we could get back to the hotel. They kept our bags as we toured the day we were checking out and provided us a place to change before we left. Very kind, friendly, and trustworthy staff.

great location, free breakfast very convenient.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

lighting in bathroom/sink area way too dim.

Location for easy walking to the mall and to metro stop. King suite big enough for a family of 4. Breakfast has good number of choices

I almost miss the flight going home because of this
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

When checking out, the rate the hotel gave us on the bill was different from the one at which I made this reservation on Booking.com. I claimed so. But the hotel clerk never checked the records relating my reservation making between Booking.com. However they INSISTED that I myself should call Booking.com and Booking.com called the hotel. So basically they did not do their obligation at all - explaining why they showed the different rate than the one I had. They did not even explain why and depending on what they say it is correct. I have never experienced such an unkind customer service over the world. I called Booking.com and they helped me to solve this issue. I thank to Booking.com. But I’m not going to use this groups hotel and I will tell this just fact to my cowerkers and friends who even try to stay there just as a precaution. Of course I will let them decide whether they dare to stay. Thanks.

Rooms are clean. Complimentary social is nice. Free coffee, especially robust one, wake me up in the morning.

Beautiful hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to pay $50/night for parking which wasn’t disclosed when I booked the room.

Beautiful hotel. Excellent location. Very clean and staff was great.

It was very enjoyable to have a free light evening meal for...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

some staff working at the reception are not helping hotel customers. As a frequent customer of Booking.com's most-traveled customer class, I wanted to check out at 13:00, but they did not accept it ... so I do not even think about traveling with you anymore. the reception is your face and your reputation brings bad points.

It was very enjoyable to have a free light evening meal for 4 nights a week including monday - thursday.

Great stay in D.C
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Overall the property was great. The room felt a little dark but that was the only little thing I didn't love.

The staff was awesome. Extremely friendly and accommodating. Location is great and hotel was very clean and comfortable.

I really enjoyed the small plate receptions in the evening...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

At check out the receptionist didn't know how to print a receipt from a third party reservation. I had to request bookings.com to call the hotel to get the receipt that the receptionist said was not possible.

I really enjoyed the small plate receptions in the evening during the weekdays.

Great stay mad my windows got busted
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

$50 a night for parking, unfortunately i didn’t have it so i park on the side of the hotel & my windows got busted. The some staff wasnt very concerned but the lady at the desk got me tape & trash bag to help. Other than that it was great!

The room was amazing, over the top! The breakfast was great!

It was the perfect choice and excellent value. We will stay there again.

No complaints at all!

Breakfast was very good with plenty of options and something different each day. Staff was extremely courteous and friendly. Room was as comfortable as being at home. The location was ideal - close to restaurants, points if interest and shopping.

Good location for purpose of business and stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast would be better if personnel knew difference between salt and sugar. I am restricted on diet and it was not what I expected from this facility. The response was surprise and then negative. Desk staff most part was positive. Not accustomed to having to pay for toiletry items such as soap or shampoo. Was guided to the side where there is a fee for everything. Kept vehicle in parking until time to check out, then discovered scratches and paint on passenger side of van, It Did not come in this condition.

The room was roomy for business purposes.

Feels like home
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The location is great! The suite itself is awesome! Very comfortable stay. I love that there was a door separating the beds and the living room space.

I would highly recommend this hotel.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Uphill location some times UBER drivers can't find the loby.

everything I like breakfast, living room, staffs are helpful and frdiendly. everything like real home.

I had an upper suite.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View - Non-Smoking

I had an upper suite. It was perfect for a work trip, for someone that is always on the road, because it had a nice kitchen (microwave and two element stovetop, big fridge, no oven) - the Whole Foods store is two blocks away, so you can stock up on good quality, healthy meals rather than dine out all the time.

Very nice suite with kitchen and large bedroom, pleasant...
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Very nice suite with kitchen and large bedroom, pleasant front desk service, breakfast and free coffee provided. I think it would be a great place for a whole family to live for a long run.

HIDDEN CHARGES EVERYWHERE
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Hidden charges on many things. We had no idea of the $49 a night parking fee. When they told us about it, the woman on the phone was so rude and didn't even try to help us. We were going on this trip with a budget and staying for three nights and we ended up having to pay $150 over our budget for parking at the hotel. When we called for parking accommodations, she told us that is was $49 a night and my husband told her that we had no previous idea that we would be having to pay that much extra for parking when it hadn't told us anywhere on booking.com. She said in a rude tone that "everyone tells her that they never know about the parking fee, but it is on the actual Hilton Website." So I go to look on the website, and it is at the VERY BOTTOM of the page and in TINY LETTERS. The hotel and the staff would not even try to help us. My husband and I like to travel to many different places, and we both agreed that we would NEVER be staying at a Hilton Hotel ever again!

Good stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to talk with the manager to refund money due to overcharge. They didn't give us the quoted price from Booking.com. She adjusted it and we did finally receive the correct price

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

No Reservation at Check-in
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We didn't like that Homewood Suites by Hilton did not have the reservation that we had booked through Booking.com.

We did not have a reservation when we arrived. We had originally booked the room from April 26 - May 3, but changed it to May 3 - 10. We got a confirmation email of the change from Booking.com, but when we arrived Homewood Suites by Hilton did not have a reservation for us. When we showed them the email with the confirmation, we were told that since we didn't show April 26, we had been charged a no-show fee, and we should take it up with Booking.com. It was in the evening and we had flown several hours and were tired, so we asked if they had a room. They did, and we stayed there for a week. We intend to follow up being charged a no-show fee when we had a confirmation email of our reservation.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice rooms, good beds, and attentive staff who really try...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Kitchen is very, very poorly equipped. Not even a large bowl. We asked for a salad bowl and were refused. Had to ask for a big pot instead. Breakfast is not very healthy at all and breakfast room has very irritating loud music. Very processed, high carb, white sugar overload. Coffee very weak. Laundry soap was super expensive-you have to buy it in the small shop.

Nice rooms, good beds, and attentive staff who really try hard.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The room is very comfortable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I contacted booking.com to change the reservation and get a confirmation at check in, but was told need to contact booking.com again for the reservation kept unchanged. But everything was Ok finally.

The room is very comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Pretty hotel doesn't make up for rude staff
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The front desk staff had a horrible member as part of their team. Harassed my guests each time they walked into the door and kept insisting on charging me extra money for things that weren't true. I was extremely unhappy with the front desk service at this location.

The rooms were a decent size.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

A very pleasant visit.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

All the staff at the Homewood Suites deserve our appreciation for a very pleasant stay. Their service was professional, friendly, kind and useful. The location was just right, the accommodations met our needs, and the breakfast and social hour were additional positive benefits.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Everything is good.

Everything is good.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The Location was great, the room was spacious and clean, and...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The Location was great, the room was spacious and clean, and the staff was very nice.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Very small room Breakfast correct but served with low level furniture (plastic)

Location Laundry available in the basement

I loved the separated rooms.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved the separated rooms.

Too much walking need a shuttle for dinner and such

Too much walking need a shuttle for dinner and such

The room was perfect for a family.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The room was perfect for a family. I would definitely stay here again.

Great room, so-so service.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rate for parking overnight extremely high.

Room changed without notification.

Awesome
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View - Non-Smoking

Pet fee was unusually high

Breakfast, centrally located, comfortable room, friendly staff

Parking is $50!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Parking is $50! The is way to expensive.

Decent, provided expectations.

Low water pressure

Bed was comfortable, good location, refrigerator with ice maker

Convenient location, good wifi, great breakfast !!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Convenient location, good wifi, great breakfast !!

Great free happy hour M-Th with some food to go with it.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great free happy hour M-Th with some food to go with it. It's not fine dining, but was often a good snack before heading out for the evening.

Loved our mini vacation.Wish I had more time to stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There wasn't a pool and it was a hot day

I liked having a suite because we have 2 adult sons with us

Enjoyable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Water pressure in sink near bathroom - very low

Had a very comfortable stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

All was good. No regrets.

They always answered positively with a smile and acted promptly.

Happy & satisfied.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast spread can be better.

Central downtown location. Very homely with comfortable bed. Frontline staff friendly.

Was a comfortable stay. Staff were welcoming & helpful.

Not enough lighting

Friendly staff

Well worth the cost
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The beds were hard for me, but still comfortable.

The social hour was awesome!

Food variety

Lovely

The room and service

Great location and the staff was friendly and helpful.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great location and the staff was friendly and helpful. Great breakfasts every morning. Wide variety of choices.

I was there for a race and the room I booked was not what we initially received
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The price was a bit high for the facility

We had a problem with our reservation but it was resolved

good place for families with kids, good location
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

breakfast was cold every morning; eggs, even the oatmeal, which is tough to eat cold

Bed great; nice to have the nightly snacks; good towels

Very good. If they can improve the breakfast facility then it will be great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was finishing early and we had to waiy

Comfortable and Pleasant
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Great place to stay with great amenities. Great staff and service. I am a satisfied customer.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not the best

Very nice staff. Great clean rooms. Would stay there again.

nice location, friendly staff, trouble sleeping
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

beds and pillows were extremely uncomfortable.

friendly staff. breakfast. being able to park.

My stay was wonderful!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The view. We were facing the back of the hotel which overlooks a parking lot and the backs of other buildings.

My kids enjoy the breakfast and nightly reception. Also nice to do laundry when staying with family.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows were flat and uncomfortable. The heater sometimes would turn on with s loud noice.

The staff at the nightly reception was awesome.

Had a great time in the city , nice place to stay .

Parking fees

Place was fine we asked for a king bed we got 2 queens. We were not in room much.

Location, included breakfast