Reviews of Hospitality Suites 3 stars

409 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257, USA

#78 of 84 hotels in Scottsdale

6.2

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Planning a trip to Scottsdale? This should be your hotel!

That we could not spend more time there...

Excellent location, spacious room and all amenities you could possibly want. The rooms are freshly decorated and the beautiful garden/pool area is also being refreshed. One of the main attractions of this hotel is the garden and although it is in a transitory state now, by the time the big rush starts, it will be as beautiful as we remembered it, if not even more so.

Enjoyable!

It would be nice if hotel had room service but that wouldn't stop me from checking in.

The professionalism in the staff and The New Hospitality inn & Suites! We LOVE IT!, we had a problem with our credit card and the staff was understanding and at no point did we feel any less then the rest of the guests. Thank you to all the staff specially to Lance!

• King Studio

The hot tube was dirty and luke warm. No menu in the room. I had to call for someone to bring a menu to my room and I was unable to keep menu because the guy needed it for his restaurant.

The location. No waiting in line to get my room key!

We would certainly stay there again. We liked it a lot.
    • King Studio

The water tasted bad....We used bottled for coffee. Not a big deal!

Location, we really like our room the pool area was great.The staff was very friendly and helpful we enjoyed staying there. Close to everything we wanted.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
    • King Studio

They ran out of pool towels a couple times. The shower stall had no tray or shelf to put the soap and shampoo on. Why would anybody have a shower like that? We had to keep those items on the floor of the shower...very aggravating. Also, the shower door opens the wrong way. It should open on the side opposite of where the toilet is. The sidewalk near our room was crumbling dangerously. It needs immediate repair. Since we did not book through their website, we did not get breakfast included. It was very noisy on a couple of nights.

Pool & pool area were nice. Most of the time, plenty of pool towels but a couple days they ran out. Staff was nice and helpful. Quiet most of the time. The grill was great to have and was nice and clean.

Quick stay avoided being out of my room and walking around
    • King Studio

The exterior of the property doesn’t match the interior. The surrounding area was very sketchy. Didn’t feel safe. Noisy, the pool looked dirty

The room was very modern and clean

Bed was excellent, maid service was efficient.
    • King Studio

Major negative changes since last visit - no cooking facilities, so much higher costs eating out for every meal, the old poolside happy hour which contributed to the most enjoyable sociable evenings has gone.

Bed was excellent, maid service was efficient.

Stay was good. Not happy with Hospitality Suites policies.
    • King Studio

No complimentary breakfast, Had to pay for it because booked my stay using Booking. com.

Nice clean room. Large room, room had a coffee pot, larger refrigerator than normal, lots of storage, comfortable king bed.

Hidden Paradise
    • King Studio

I had no problems. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place to amybody.

The Hospitality is a paradise hidden in the middle of the city. Beautiful, I will definitely be back!

Bed comfortable, room real good remodeled, out side picnic...

Parking was bad

Bed comfortable, room real good remodeled, out side picnic tables/chairs needs cleaning but still in remodeling mode. Parking needs improvement.

mediocre hotel, used to be a lot nicer

no internet, no phones at the time of our stay. No airport shuttle as mentioned on the website when booked so had to take a taxi from airport.

not much

Get what you paid for.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

There spending a lot of money turning the hotel into apartments. No money on the rooms. Rooms are still in the 70's. Pictures showed online are not true.

Newly panted

I would give it a 2nd try and see how the renovation has done for this property now.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The time we stayed there, it was under renovation. The A.C. system was not working at all. Had a restless night and wasn't good cuz we had a death in the family. Couldn't complain because we needed to try and sleep before we had to drive with family next day.

I love staying there before. My older cousin recommended it.

I liked how open the room was with the additional living...
    • King Studio

I didn't like the fact that we had to change rooms in the middle of the night because the a/c wasn't working.

I liked how open the room was with the additional living room as well as having a stove/oven and full size refrigerator.

Please read!!!
    • King Studio

I was over charged $575 when I only stayed one day. I was also charged $62 for the one day stay. I just moved to Arizona and don't have the funds for day to day life. I am very upset with this and will never stay at this property again. The man that checked us in was rude, charged me for nine days on a reservation that was changed two weeks prior. He didn't want to bother to do his job efficiently because he was to worried about wanting to leave. There is no excuse for the ball being dropped like this.

Spend an extra $10 and stay somewhere else
    • King Studio

The shower didn't work right the amenities were not as advertised online and this is an old apartment complex turned into a hotel and you can tell nothing spectacular at all I would not stay here again should have spent an extra $10 and got a much better room somewhere else

Location was the best thing going for this place over all I would not recommend staying here

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Chill staff, extremely large suites.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Wish we would have been able to get a remodeled suite. Ours was quite dated compared to the new remodeled rooms but overall it was a nice place to spend 3 weeks.

Chill staff, extremely large suites.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

You pay for what you get🖓
    • King Studio

The jacuzzi was dirty and the bubbles didn't work well. I ask for a extra blanket and they didn't have any available couldn't even give us a other room with 2 beds even though there was 1 available so we can have a extra blanket. The room was dusty.

I like that it was close to alot of things.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Not a resort...it's an old motel in disguise
    • King Studio

This is a run down hotel with rooms that smelled of old carpets. Bed was OK but I only stayed 1 night out of 3. OK for the low budget crowd looking for price and nothing else.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

So disappointed!
    • King Studio

If I didn't think I prepaid my reservation I would have checked out after first night. Place was old and in desperate need of renovation. Furnishings, shower, bed, air conditioning, window shades were old. Sheets were too small. Poor value. Disappointing. Pictures outdated

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

It felt dirtyou and very dated we didn't want to walk on...
    • King Studio

It felt dirtyou and very dated we didn't want to walk on the carpet without shoes. The fan in the bathroom was so loud you didn't want to run it. We only were in the room to sleep overnight. If we had been there any longer we woukd have changed motels.

OK but not great
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The light over the bed shortin out the breaker then falling on y he's the next morning. General upkeep of the property didn't seem to be very well-maintained.

General upkeep of the property didn't seem to be very well-maintained.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Nice property with good pool and hot tub, pleasant staff, suite rooms a little cramped.
    • King Studio

The room was a little musty and the layout a little odd, trying to cram a kitchenette suite and desk area into too small a space. We stayed in the King suite.

The grounds are quite lovely, barbecue facilities available, nice communal pool and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Good Time
    • King Studio

Needed a good clean throughout the room, (vaccuum into corners,dusting of all the furniture as drawer handles were quite dusty) basics were done daily. Language barrier with housekeeping staff had to request often for dish cloth/dish towel, not automatically placed in room even though there is a kitchenette. Fridge wasn't working, another brought in, but it was freezing things.

convenience to places in Scottsdale room was large enough, but could have had a little more space for table/chairs area, as it was the only lounge spot. Bathroom was roomy, large Resort was well kept on the grounds, buildings were being painted. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Terrible. It was almost the worst place I have ever stayed, and I travel a lot (Road Warrior)
    • King Studio

Just about everything the location.

No heat or AC. Fan would not turn off. Could not control temperature and it was over 90 F in the room Slept with door open. Very unclean. I took photos and would like to share them with you. See below

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Nice stay!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Little musty smell. Room could use some modernizing/refreshing. The big closet with an ironing board in it is a space waster! I'm sure you could utilize that space for the better.

Having a fridge, microwave and stove was nice. Lots of seating areas.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Hospitality is not a good description of our stay.
    • King Studio

Airport shuttle was listed as an amenity when booking, but was no longer operated and the staff was not interested in reimbursing taxi. Bed was poor. Staff in the evening was very unfriendly. The AM staff was very helpful. Another stay had been booked but was cancelled.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Overall stay
    • King Studio

It was noisy on a daily basis, near the pool area with workmen constantly at it with banging, scraping, dragging stuff. Plus the TV picture quality was poor.

Having an elevator to use!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Never again.

Everything.

There were flies in the room. There was a lot of noise from people and the security was walking up to windows and doors looking in. Very unacceptable

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Doubt I would stay here again.
    • King Studio

Water from shower still leaked out from shower door soaking the floor. Advised front desk and they did change the rubber strip but it still leaked. Although smoking was allowed outside, there were cigarette butts on the sidewalks and the smell of smoke was noticeable. Building looked rundown and elevator was old.

Location was good, free parking. And front desk staff was great.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Decent place for a last-minute stay, but I didn't love the rates
    • King Studio

The property is not ADA friendly: I've got "sports knees", and all the cement steps (even to my ground-floor room) were not good. The rooms and facilities are very worn--clean, but worn--and clearly no funds have been spent since about 1979. The layout of the room was odd, with the closet in the bathroom (although its a big space), and the shower was a "coffin" style. There was no good ventilation in the bathroom, so my clothes and luggage were damp from being in the same room with the shower. Weird in the desert, lol....

Proximity to my event was good, hotel was easy to access. Bed was fairly comfortable. Room was clean, and internet access was good enough for me to work remotely (didn't try streaming). The kitchenette was a nice surprise, and my leftovers from dinner were easy to re-heat and eat with real plates and flatware. Water pressure was fair enough with good temperature.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Coming back in April
    • King Studio

The shower faucet was a little goofy and took me a while to get hot water.

Although this place was a few extra miles from my meeting, I picked this property based on a previous stay. I will continue to stay here when traveling to the Phoenix area. Friendly staff, great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Will look else where when in Scottsdale next time
    • King Studio

parking is a lengthy distance from rooms. morning desk person wasn't very friendly-didn't act like he wanted to be there.TV program choices were limited. People swimming way too late and way too early during the day.

bed was comfortable. the kitchenette was decent.bathroom had lots of room glad I was on first floor

Great staff, room clean and modern.
    • King Studio

Coffee pot was not tea friendly.

Great staff, room clean and modern. Air con works great. Pool lovely after a hot day. Hotel right near a Starbucks.

Bed was uncomfortable.

Couch with tv

Bed was uncomfortable. Room was great.

Room was clean and well maintained.
    • King Studio

Shower lacked a soap dish

Room was clean and well maintained. Staff was professional and friendly.

Very pleasant.
    • King Studio

It took a long time and a lot of water before receiving hot water for bath.

The new remodeling and it was quiet.

As always: very quiet and relaxing
    • King Studio

As always: very quiet and relaxing Nicely heated pool and whirlpool Nice renovated rooms

Had a great stay.

N/a

The room was clean and nice. The staff were friendly.

Sorry

The hotel

I was very disappointed of he place

Great stay.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Location was great. Easy to get to where ever we needed to go.

Slept well. Friendly staff

Could have had breakfast

They need a breakfast

Nice stop over in Scottsdale

No wifi

Easy to get to and decent swimming pools

If the AC works

Kitchen

Pool

Fun but very hot
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The air in room did not work well super hot humid could not sleep well

Very nice room very clean

Spacious, clean accommodations at a reasonable price.
    • King Studio

The front desk clerk was not friendly at all.

The room was very spacious and exceptionally clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Walking distance to the mall overall area was very nice.
    • King Studio

Walking distance to the mall overall area was very nice.

Nice

Na

Clean, nice and roomy.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Bed comfortable, nice pool, room clean with kitchenette
    • King Studio

Pillows too hard, shower too small, sink in bathroom very low, bad selection for tv stations

Bed comfortable, nice pool, room clean with kitchenette

Very pleasabt

More towels in rooom...the ac co9l better

Weekend Value
    • King Studio

It would have been nice if the bar stayed opened a bit later. Closed at 9pm.

Price of the room and patio area.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Our stay was awesome. We wouldn't stay anywhere else if in the area again!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

pillows could have been better

The room was so spacious. The bed was very comfortable.

Comfortable and we also tried the restaurant and enjoyed our food.
    • King Studio

It really needs updating, which I guess is underway.com

Convenient to our next stop. Comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Airconditioning nor heating worked.
    • King Studio

Airconditioning nor heating worked.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Convenient to everything!
    • King Studio

Hotel just needs some renovations.

Rooms were spacioudoing and clean.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Not going to stay again thats for sure
    • King Studio

No A/C very stuffy and sheets were still "used" if you know what I mean.

bed very big

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The room look tired and would benefit from an update!
    • King Studio

The room look tired and would benefit from an update!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Renovations taking place.

Renovations taking place.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I would stay there again, close to downtown Scottsdale restaurants.

More TV/Movie Channels.

Quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Reasonable price.
    • King Studio

Facilities are dated and showers are very small.

Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice quiet place for good price
    • King Studio

Passed on the first time trying to find the place. Located on busy street.

Location, close to shopping and small stores. Close drive to bigger cities.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great for the price
    • King Studio

The room was perfect and it was centrally located for the activities we had scheduled

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

I liked the kitchenette facility, did not have to do take...

It is old and needs to be updated. It would be so much nicer if the bathrooms were up to date

I liked the kitchenette facility, did not have to do take out all the time. It was comfortable for our family. Kids loved the pool

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Pools, kitchenette, parking, accessibility.

2nd story walkway is a lawsuit waiting to happen. No guest should be allowed to walk over the upstairs gangplank that goes from the stairs to our room. We were in room #561. The wood has dry rot and has sunken 4-6" from dead level.

Pools, kitchenette, parking, accessibility.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

It might have been nice had the staff responded to our...

It might have been nice had the staff responded to our complaint about noisy drunks screaming until ten thirty at night... just below our room... and it started as soon as we got there mid afternoon.. I asked where laundry facilities were and was told... building three... that was it... I had to find it on my own... thanks a lot No place for breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

Excellent location

Does not have individual temperature control in the room. It got cold in the room and had no control of heater. The fact that it has central control for the entire building it was cold the heater does not get turned on until a very low temp is reached. Staff tried to locate a portable heater but did not have any available.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Good location.

Misleading price at booking. Thought I was on property website when I was re directed to Bookings.com No free breakfast as was advertised. Rooms were very worn and dated. Shoddy repairs. Mold in the shower. Almost no water pressure.

Good location. Clean rooms. Nice pool and spa.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Your staff was most helpful and very pleasant!

The room we stayed in # 542 Oct 29/15 had a faulty shower tap! We could not get any hot water! We had to take cold showers which was most uncomfortable! I advised the front desk when we checked out on the 30 th and they said they would have someone look at it! Unfortunately that was too late for us, and they did not offer any compensation for our discomfort!

Your staff was most helpful and very pleasant!!! They helped us pre book on line for our flights!!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

Returned to HSR at short notice after a scary experience at...

Other guests not obiding by the rules at the pool side

Returned to HSR at short notice after a scary experience at another hotel, felt very secure here.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2015

The 5 to 6:30 pm free beer and wine is a nice touch.

I didn't get the free breakfast because I booked through booking.com. I checked it out though and at $10 for steamed eggs and sausage, I passed. The refrigerator in my room was the college dorm size, so the freezer part was tiny. A shower, but no bath might be inadequate for some.

The 5 to 6:30 pm free beer and wine is a nice touch. The room was made every day, and was clean and quiet. Also, this motel is a favorite for vacationing Europeans. English, Irish, French, Dutch, and Germans were there. Many were dressed in full western wear with cowboy hats, etc. I learned from some that they stay here every year and some have come for decades. Interesting conversation over wine and beer!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

The place was old and a bit grungy, but sufficient for my...

People hang out at the pool late at night, which might be a problem if you are sensitive to noise. It didn't bother me too much.

The place was old and a bit grungy, but sufficient for my budget and a nights sleep. They clearly cater to budget minded snowbirds (retired people from northern states who spend their winters down south). The room is set up for a long stay (large closet, kitchenette).

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Convenient location.

I had to buy items that were missing in the kitchen...like measuring cups and spoons. The washer and dryer were in another building.

Convenient location. Nice pool. Enjoyed the happy hour. TV's were upgraded while I was there.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

Economical and not a bad location.

Although you bedding and kitchen were ok in cleanliness...the smell through out the room and the bathroom needed extra attention.

Economical and not a bad location...Easy to find Great amenities on premises Very kid friendly

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

Friendly staff.

Room on second floor. No elevator - knees do not work well. Very confusing arrangement of buildings and rooms. /shower impossible to control water temp. Either ice cold or scalding hot - no in between. Maintenance tried.

Friendly staff. Felt safe.- clean - modern kitchen appliances with really good freezer in frig.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.