Reviews of Hampton Inn Atlanta-Northlake 3 stars

#27 of 226 hotels in Atlanta

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Most pleasant
    • Queen Room

Overall quite a pleasant experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms comfortable and the breakfast was varied and tasty. I would stay there again when in the Atlanta area. Access to the interstate and area restaurants was easy.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Friendly staff
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Bed was kinda hard Noise carried from upstairs rooms, people playing music really load and slamming doors, fortunately they did not stay up too late.

Friendly staff Coffee available

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Highly Recommend Staying Here....

That we had to leave!

Everything!!!!! There is nothing to complain about, I mean N O T H I N G !!!!!! Everyone, and everything, was great! Will definitely be staying here again!!!!! You could NOT have ask for a more courteous staff.... period!Would highly recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

It was better than expected
    • Queen Room

The staff was great. One lady helped us from the front counter. The pool was also enjoyable. We enjoyed the outside pool scenery. Want one at my home.

it was all excellent. The bed was comfortable. Had a great night sleep. My wife was very pleased also. She is hard to please. She also thanked me for booking this hotel.

Could do better.
    • Queen Room

Dangerous electrics (see photos). The fridge leaked and made a puddle on the carpet. The housekeeper blamed us for her staff not making up our beds! She said we left things on them: we didn't.

The breakfast was good - plenty of choice. Quiet location.

The staff was professional and friendly.

The only con, is I wish they had more fresh fruit. For example, strawberries and blueberries for the waffles.

The staff was professional and friendly. The room was updated and very clean. Overall, a great decision to stay at this hotel, and the waffles are always my favorite

Everything was GREAT
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The bedroom didn't have a door. There should be a door for more privacy if you're a couple and traveling with children.

I really enjoyed the way that the suite was separated so that you can have space. I also loved the staff. And breakfast had a gif variety.

Very disappointing stay!!
    • Queen Room

Room was noisy, large gap around the door allowing light to come into the room from the hallway. Room and bathroom desperately needs an update, popcorn ceiling flaking and falling on to the floor. Poor lighting very dark room, pillows were horrible! Very dirty carpet!!

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

OK stay but will not return

Sheets had been laundered but had a stain right in the middle. We pulled out the blanket and it was sealed in plastic where it had been laundered. When we pulled it out it had a stain looked like dried blood on it. I did not call the desk since it was so late and I was exhausted. My expectations are that I should not have to call the front desk for a situation like this. Housekeeping should cull out bad items like this, common sense I would think.

Nice location and convenient to Stone Mountain

• Queen Room

Kids running through the halls at all hours of the night. People in the pool yelling after midnight. No vending machines in the entire hotel. If you want a coke you have to go to the front desk and purchase one directly from them. Staff at desk was not welcoming or helpful. Upon checkout I was not even asked how I enjoyed my stay... just handed a receipt. I had just came from the Hampton Inn in Nashville that was wonderful the night before. These 2 hotels are night and day. Hotel needs renovation and new management. Waste of money. If I stay in Atlanta again, it will not be here.

The hotel was very welcoming and comfy.

Everything was great.

I just loved how welcoming all of the staff were. The rooms were so clean. The beds....omg....they were so comfy. I did not want to leave! I definitely recommend this hotel.

Nice staff, clean attractive hotel in the right location for my meeting.
    • Queen Room

No complaints, except other guests allowing their room door to slam which can’t be controlled.

The bed was very comfortable with nice quality sheets and great pillows. Most of all, it was very clean!

The breakfast was good.
    • Queen Room

The room smelled like mold and was always damp. There was a mold spot by the window. The rug smelled moldy and was damp.

The breakfast was good. Staff was nice.

We were very pleased with this hotel .

We have no complaints. It was all good.

The easy access to parking and close proximity to shopping and restuarant s. The beds were so comfortable I was in heaven the minute I got in. The staff were all very proffesional , friendly and helpful.

Not happy!!
    • Special Offer - King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite was not ideal. No door to bed room no bath tub and the TV’s was so close to each other that every time someone changes channels in one room the other changes too!

Was not impressed with the breakfast and didn’t think the staff was too friendly.

Overall good experience besides the walls being thin
    • Queen Room

Walls were thin so we heard everything that went on in the connected room next to us on the first night. Glad they checked out. It was inappropriate for a child to hear.

Terrific choice to stay in Atlanta.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I wish the pillow were fuller.

The staff is wonderful. We look forward to suing Kay’Dee every time we are there. Wonderful employee. The showers are the best!!!

I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely stay here again.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Eggs appeared to be powdered reconstituted. OK, but so, so. A few shelves in closet area would be good. Most of my clothes items could go on hangers, but others might need shelf or drawer space. There was one long shelf at top of closet, but it was high so when I put items up there, it was hard to see them.

There was nice fresh fruit at breakfast and coffee was very good. Waffle maker worked well and apples were available all day. The location was very good. I was visiting in North Druid Hills area of Atlanta and I was visiting my daughter in Oxford, GA, a bit east of Atlanta. This place was in between, near the highways, so made it pretty easy to get to everywhere I wanted/needed to go. Room was very big and comfortable. And if you like shopping, this hotel is very near the Northlake Shopping Mall area. I used to shop there all the time when I lived in Atlanta.

Not happy. More tense
    • Queen Room

Shower water was not regulated and o was scalded. My room was left untidy for 24 hours and no one seemed to care. ) it was Not cleaned when I came Back at 3 and was still not cleaned when I returned at 10pm

Execeptionable
    • Queen Room

Everything was good no complaints Except the closet space could have been bigger other than that no complaints

The room was clean the beds were comfortable everything was great the breakfast was awesome the kids loved it one morning we weren’t able to make breakfast we got a to go breakfast that was awesome

The wifi could have been better keep cutting in and out.
    • Queen Room

The wifi could have been better keep cutting in and out. But it was not a big deal since I was not there on work but would have been a problem if I had been.

Overall it is a good 4/5 experience.
    • Queen Room

Overall it met my needs (good). The bathroom door is facing the bed. When a person gets up early and rest are trying to sleep; the light, movement and sound from the bathroom is disturbing. If I were traveling alone, this would not matter.

Overall it is a good 4/5 experience.

The size of the room and bathroom.
    • Queen Room

I always bring my own Clorox wipes when traveling. I wiped dirt and dust off the bathroom counters. The shower wall had brown and red drippy marks down the wood. I cleaned it. Then noticed this all around the bathroom casing and wiped it completely. My husband and I then proceeded to wipe the top of the wooden coutner in the room, the desk,below the television and the desk between the two beds. I'm not sure when the room was last used but it was quite dusty.

The size of the room and bathroom.

Drove from Ft Benning to be closer to airport bad idea they were so rude
    • Queen Room

The gentleman that was working in the evening was very nice & helpful when we asked for pool towels but the morning staff was so rude, the lady setting up for breakfast was the rudest person I’ve encountered in a long time & the lady at the front desk that morning wasn’t as rude but she didn’t say anything about how was your stay, hope you enjoyed your stay, nothing she just had me sign a piece of paper for checkout & took our keys & didn’t say a word but this was after her kitchen staff was already starting to be rude. We had an early flight and had children with us, it was 5:45am the lady was finishing up setting up for breakfast, cereal was out so I asked if I could have some milk for my 6 year olds cereal & she very rudely said no breakfast is at 6am & I’m still setting up. Ok fine I understand there’s hours & rules for a reason so I told my son to just eat his cereal dry & we’d get something to eat on the airplane. Well she then came & rudely sat the milk out next to the cereal so I thanked her & she rudely ignored me. Then a few minutes later the rest of my family came down & my father went to grab a bagel & she got very nasty with him & said No everyone out of the eating area you can have coffee or cereal & that’s it nothing else until 6am I’m still setting up & by this point it was like 7min until 6am. Then friends of ours we were with purchased 4 bottles of water & the front desk girl rang them up, then a few minutes after that bags in the eating area appeared with bottles of free water & breakfast food for those on the go. It would’ve been nice for them to offer a few of those bags to us I’m sure they were already made up prior to 5 minutes to 6am. We had 2 rooms at the hotel & we had 2 young children with us, a little more understanding & courtesy would’ve been really appreciated.

The bed was comfortable, the pool area was nice. The Mexican restaurant we ate at near the hotel was very good & the staff was wonderful at the restaurant.

I only stayed for one day but it was a great experience and the breakfast they offered was great.
    • Queen Room

The location to the airport. I thought this was located close to the airport but it was a 30min+ drive

The breakfast was very delicious and it was a fit for all types of eaters.

Bad experience will not be returning
    • Queen Room

First room I had to be moved away from had multiple issues including stains, hole in the ceiling and toilet seat falling off and putrid smell. Second room was better but had pot smoke for 3 days straight in the hallways and infiltrating my room front staff did little to resolve that issue. And booking got the room price wrong they were off on the city tax so I had to pay more than what I was quoted online for 2 months.

Nothing worst stay I've ever had at Hampton Inn

Cleanliness of the room.
    • Queen Room

The bed/mattress and covers were fine, but the pillows could have been better. A food spill remained in front of the elevator on my floor (2nd) from cocktail hour and was still there when I checked out the next morning.

Cleanliness of the room.

Excellent exceed my experience

No complaints

The hotel provided snacks in the afternoon (wine, beer, cookies, cakes and soda) First time experiencing that. I would definitely come back that again and recommend friends and family

We enjoyed our stay, a very pleasant experience!
    • Queen Room

We could hear every word our neighbors said. Their child never slept, so I didn’t sleep very well either 🤨

All staff were friendly, room smelled pleasant, bed was comfy!

A very comfortable stay!!
    • Queen Room

The room was very spacious. All of the staff were very polite and eager to meet my needs. The breakfast was a nice addition to the room withmany options to choose from. I plan to stay at this location in the near future.

Comfortable bed, clean room, friendly staff.

While the breakfast was adequate, it lacked in variety, and there were too few tables for the crowd that showed up.

Comfortable bed, clean room, friendly staff.

We cut our visit short due to the noise levels. However staff, breakfasts & cleanliness were good.
    • Queen Room

The hotel room doors auto-close very loudly unless a person stands at the doorway to stop them. With traffic at all hours it was impossible to sleep. In fact my wife actually left the room at 2:30 a.m. to sleep in the car. Also, it appears to me corners were cut regarding noise reduction. It's never a good thing when you can hear a person urinating from the room above you along with every sound a child makes.

Everything was nice with the exception of the doors of the rooms and the noise level.

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

The hotel was a little far from where my meetings were taking place.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They were able to answer all of our questions. The room was clean and breakfast was good.

The location was convenient to restaurants, shopping and...
    • Queen Room

The room was on the small side. Not enough light as more than 3/4 of the wall where the windows are located was a closet (strange location). There was only one chair (office chair) in the room and it was on the lowest setting and couldn't be raised. The bed was high, so if you have trouble getting on an elevated bed, I don't recommend staying here.

The location was convenient to restaurants, shopping and I-285. The room and grounds were very clean.

I traveled for business and i was on the floor where kids had a party and it was not a good night.
    • Queen Room

The doors slamming when someone leaves the room is horrible. There should be some kind of traction in the doors to make them not slam

The comforts of.the bed!

It was nice.
    • Queen Room

One staff member gave me guest a slight problem even after I spoke with a previous staff person at the desk to let them know I had someone that would be arriving, gave them the name and left the key.

Staff was mostly accommodating and friendly.

Weekend Trip
    • Queen Room

Beds were comfortable. Rooms are clean. The staff was AMAZING! Will book this hotel next time I visit Atlanta. 4 minute drive / 15 minute walk to the mall. Overall my stay was absolutely wonderful.

• Queen Room

Everything was awesome from the breakfast the bed the room.. Also they let me check in when I arrived I didn’t have to wait until 3pm... I loved everything about this hotel

Wonderful stay!!

The noise level was louder than expected. Doors constantly were slamming (even through the night) along with people carrying on in the hallways.

The room was set up in a very convenient manor. Everything was neat, clean and in great condition. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The staff made me feel welcomed and were extremely friendly. Felt very safe within the location and parking was great. Great breakfast and yummy snacks.

Front desk staff very friendly and cheerful.
    • Queen Room

Cleaning staff came too often on the morning of checkout, we were sleeping. The bathroom counter has a bad design and keeps splashed water flowing toward me. Umm also need to improve sound insulation, we can always hear clearly what is happening on the hallway

Front desk staff very friendly and cheerful. Facility looks great.

Bed very comfy, suite was roomy, bath was very clean
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Never could get on the wireless internet system. Would not connect. No signal, or so weak couldn't connect.

Bed very comfy, suite was roomy, bath was very clean

Very convenient to where we were visiting.

That, as part of the question "Who did you travel with?" you did not include spouse. You have to be PC but c'mon! I saw a number of couples and I bet they were married. Why are married couples now discriminated against?

Very convenient to where we were visiting.

the bed east awesome!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

breakfast. I feel like they really cut corners on the breakfast

the bed east awesome! nice and comfy although the pillows were a little flat. room and shower was spectacular otherwise

Wont ever stay at a Hilton owned hotel again. Sneaky business practices.
    • Queen Room

Got charged a $50 fee without my knowledge that Hilton says they give back in a couple of days. I don't like this. If they would have told me this up front before I allowed charges to my card, I would not have stayed there. This is sneaky and an unauthorized use of my funds without my knowledge. It's snuck in the fine print. Imagine that. I'm sick of sneaky business practices.

The bed was EVERYTHING!
    • Special Offer - King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was EVERYTHING!! I had some of the best sleep. The pillows were like clouds. Just the amount of relaxation that I was looking for during my stay.

Great location and about 15 minutes from downtown.
    • Queen Room

My only complaint is the elevator was scary.

Great location and about 15 minutes from downtown. The staff was friendly and the breakfast is awesome. We actually had bacon! A full breakfast and it was included at no charge. Definitely rebooking for our return.

I had an awesome experience.
    • Special Offer - King Suite - Non-Smoking

Small problem with the air conditioning in the lobby. However the blower placed in the doorway kept a decent flow of air and it did not affect my stay in the least. *all I could think of that could have been different*

The King suite was better than I expected. The bathroom was a great pleasure as i needed the space and the decor was a bonus!

We had a nice stay, would have changed rooms to a more traditional layout
    • Queen Room

The build had a backwards layout and design.Bathroom door on a roller bar that opened to the bedroom. Closet was on the wall of windows, no doors,just a curtain. The curtain on the little bit of window that was left, opened to the wrong side so you can’t hardly see outside. Elevator was in an odd location and only one working. Toilet seat was loose, small stains on the walls in the bathroom that should be cleaned off. Stains on the walls at the elevator entrance.I cleaned the room phone off with the Lysol wipes I brought and it took about 4 before the yellow brown crud stopped coming off. Details should be cleaner, beds, counters, toilet and bath were clean enough.

Beds were comfy and clean. Breakfast was fine for free breakfast, good choices. Good location by a mall.

It was quiet.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The location... you must have a car when staying there because hardly anything in walking distance.

It was quiet. The breakfast was sufficient. The coffee was cold upon arrival but was better the next day.

It was awesome!!!!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The location was a little remote (the quiet was nice) and having some non-sugar alternatives in the "gift-shop"/convenient shop would have been nice.

All the Staff was amazing! Literally from the front desk to breakfast staff & great smiles & very nice.The night staff at check in were great & Luis (breakfast staff) & Tricia(front desk) were awesome!! My room was very clean,perfectly cool temp. And my bed was comfortable. Even though the location was a little remote, I would stay here anytime. Oh and the best coffee ever!!!!!

I was pleased with the room until I realized that my daughter was eaten up with bedbug bites :-(
    • Queen Room

Room had bedbugs. Didn’t like bathroom door which was the style of a sliding barn door which did not close very well

Staff friendly. Satisfactory breakfast,

The management and staff were friendly and very professional.
    • Queen Room

There is nothing to report on this subject.

The management and staff were friendly and very professional. Every request for services was met in a prompt manner which was very refreshing. The breakfast was excellent, along with the after hours mini-mart.

It was only overnight for the Falcons game...my daughter and I enjoyed our stay
    • Queen Room

The entrance,very small,not very appealing at all..and it took a while to find my reservation...thanks to the female that came and didn't give up trying to help me

The room itself was the best,very comfy..fridge and microwave was a plus

It was a great hotel for me.
    • Queen Room

I enjoyed everything at the hotel. This hotel made the trip very pleasant.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. If we come back to Atlanta, this is the hotel that I will book again. Thanks.

Overall, the stay was great.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

There wasn't a snack machine available, only a small selection of snacks at the front desk that you could purchase.

The bed was extra comfortable and the sofa bed was comfortable as well. The staff was very courteous.

perfect stay. I enjoyed it very much, highly recommend!

This was my second stay within 120 days. I plan on staying here again in December for another business trip. The bed, evening reception and staff are top notch!!! 2 thumbs up! Thanks!

Good location, but they clearly don't mind giving sub-standard rooms to travelers
    • Queen Room

Dog on property of this "no pets" facility, for which I paid a higher price. Thermostat didn't work -- told front desk after first night, they said it would be addressed, it still didn't work the second night. White towel shelves were taped with blue repair tape, bathroom door was damaged.

Décor, free happy hour drinks

Disappointed
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I left a necklace and returned the same day.i was allowed to go check the room and when I couldn't find it I was told they had to wash the sheets and then it will show up. I called and checked for a couple days with no success.The manager said someone would call when it was found.i never got that call!

I liked the location

Best all around
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Hotel and room were clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff were pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious! And offered something for everyone, even omelets made right in front of you. This was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. We will definately stay at this property again.

Staff was extremely friendly!

The breakfast area is horrible. It is not set up well and becomes too crowded in the morning. Our air conditioner unit could not be controlled on the wall and was noisy. TV didn't work properly. Everything needs updating!

Staff was extremely friendly!! The property is close to restaurants and shopping.

Good price, delicious complimentary breakfast, but would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room

No exhaust fan in bathroom. No closet. Found clothes hangers quite by accident hidden behind the window curtains of all places. Tray w/coffee maker on a shelf near the floor.

The room and bathroom were very clean, the towels were thick...
    • Queen Room

The room and bathroom were very clean, the towels were thick and plush, and the bed was extremely comfortable. After a long day of traveling, it was great to relax and have a good night's sleep.

Very dirty!
    • Queen Room

Our room wasn't clean. We booked the room for 2 nights, and got no clean towels , or any soap ,shampoo etc. And although the cleaning lady saw us leaving the room( she was right at our door when we left the room!!) , she didn't bothered to clean it . There is no excuse to get back in the evening and find the room as we left it, with trash in it, without clean towels or any hygiene products in the bathroom! We are definitely not going to book this hotel anytime soon and we are not recommending it to anybody else.

The location was great, close to shopping center and to the park we wanted to visit.

Very nice Hampton Inn, hot fresh coffee....
    • Queen Room

In the morning at 7am there was a huge police presence around the hotel. There were cones in the streets and you could tell that traffic would be a problem. When I called the front desk to ask what was going on the answer was "I dont know...I got here at six, I haven't been briefed..." poor answer...when the hotel is surrounded by cops the staff should find out what the heck is going on so they can inform the guests...that part of the guest service sucked.

Would definitely stay there again!
    • Queen Room

Clean, quiet, good location and affordable. Staff was efficient, welcoming, engaged, very helpful. Couldn't figure a way to take the mattress home - WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL - what a great night's sleep!

It was comfortable and quiet. Thank you

Nothing at this time.

The set up off the room was nice. I liked the barn doors to the bathroom. My mother is elderly so it made it easier for her to get into the bathroom. The breakfast was great and there were healthy choices.

Stay was short, and uncomfortable ...

See above

Not enough handicap parking, and all other parking very small. Tiny rooms, too compact. Very difficult to find, nestled in a business community. Very very dark at night, not on main road.

Out of town visit
    • Queen Room

the surrounding neighbors were not very quiet at night. I was not able to get extra towels when I asked.

It was very close to the family members I was visiting.

I was in Atlanta for Dr appointments and the hotel was clean and comfy and I was able to get some re
    • Queen Room

I think it would be a little better if the floors was hardwood or tile.

The bed was very comfortable and clean . I have health problems and I need a comfortable place to rest after I see my Dr. I appreciate the breakfast choices and the coffee was good .

The Staff are Eager to Please
    • Queen Room

The coffee was too bitter to drink.

You'll have to keep reading to discover what I liked: I was convinced upon entering the room that we were put in a two full-size-bed room though we reserved a two queen-size-bed room. I went down to the desk and I explained the problem as I perceived it. The desk agent insisted that none of the hotel's beds are full-sized. I was still convinced that these beds did not meet the dimensions of a standard queen-size bed. It wasn't an ugly exchange, but, a few minutes later, the desk agent called our room and offered an upgrade to a king-sized room with a sleeper sofa. That wouldn't work for our family size, and we had already settled in--and didn't want to move rooms. In the end, I believe that I was (and other members of my family were) wrong about the size of the beds. I appreciated that the desk agent went out of her way to please us anyway. We slept great! This is what led me to believe that I was wrong all along. If they were full-size beds, I would have been bumping into my wife all night. I would definitely stay here again.

It was clean comfortable room and I was able to sleep peacefully.

The room did occasionally smell musty or like old carpet fresh. I think it's time to change the vacuum bag.

There was a variety of breakfast items to choose from and it was always hot. I suggest offering if possible almond or soy milk for the cereal as I have an allergy to milk. I was able to eat other choices. The linens were clean as was the room and restroom. The staff was very helpful and friendly when I had questions or needed something. It was a very pleasant stay but the location was farther from downtown than I anticipated as it took 25 to 30 minutes to get to downtown. I enjoyed my stay .

The hotel was very nice and clean the room was excellent and...
    • Queen Room

The hotel was very nice and clean the room was excellent and the bed was comfortable and breakfast was very nice. Would stay another Hampton Inn in the again.

Will be back !!
    • Queen Room

Arrive earlier than expected and was allow to check in early the staff was very helpful. It was so nice to be able to come off the road with a 6 year old to a very nice room . Love the barn door.

Kay Dee at the front desk was really nice and took care of...

I didn't like how they want to put a hold on my card and messed my account up and if they could hold the charge they would not give you the room

Kay Dee at the front desk was really nice and took care of my needs

Great facility and quiet neighborhood
    • Queen Room

The wall is still a bit thin. You can hear people talking in the hallway.

Amazing breakfast and very comfortable beds. The room is very new and and clean. Hotel is a bit far away from Atlanta downtown but if you take I85 it's only 20 minute drive.