Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington Vermont 3 stars

870 Williston Road, Burlington, VT 05403, USA

#21 of 34 hotels in Burlington

Cookie at check in is always a bonus!

Location is 20min walk from down town. This is countered by the free shuttle service which is great, with very knowledgeable drivers but it falls down when the driver is away doing say, an airport run.

Cookie at check in is always a bonus! Very friendly staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Good size comfortable bed. Free shuttle service to downtown.

Who doesn't love a large warm chocolate chip cookie when you check-in

It's away from the traffic of both cars and people, causing less anxiety. The hotel provides a curtesy shuttle in a two mile radius. No downtown parking hassles and no DUI's.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Well-equipped hotel a few minutes drive from the town centre

Well-equipped hotel just outside of town centre. It was pricey like everywhere else we looked at in Burlington. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There was a useful shuttle service to centre. Clean and modern rooms.

Comfortable hotel in good location for UVM and free shuttle into town
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Room near ice machine and doorway so noisy. Breakfast expensive. Limited outdoor seating in hot weather.

Room large and beds very comfortable. Shuttle service within 2 mile radius was excellent! Breakfast had good variety.

The frer shuttle was fantastic!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The atrium area and the pool lighting was very low, it made it feel a little sombre and dead in the evening. And the air con in the breakfast area was way too high, we found it uncomfortably cold. Also, we were three adults in our room but there weren't enough coffee pods. We had to call for more twice.

The frer shuttle was fantastic! The breakfast staff were super friendly and welcoming. The pub waiter was lovely too. The free cookies and fruit water were a really nice touch.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Comfy but slightly pricey fallback option for overnight stay due to cancelled flight.

Physical layout of the hotel is a bit confusing and counter-intuitive. Front desk could've used a second person.

Restaurant was especially accommodating, sympathizing with me after my flight was cancelled.

Horrible. A dismal experience. Don't go there. Avoid this accommodation.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds and Mountain View

This is a con operation. We paid 260 Dollar for a room we didn't get, were given an inferior room instead, but no refund. Instead of a refund we were urged to take a restaurant voucher where we were served a "steak" that was basically inedible and hard as leather. Don't book this hotel. Avoid at all cost.

There was nothing to like. We were cheated. This is a con operation. We had booked in advance, called from on the way to find out whether our room was really reserved for us and when we arrived there was mayhem. The passengers and staff of several tour buses were milling around and we were told by staff that we could not have our room with two beds which was very expensive to begin with (260 Dollars). We were given to understand that there were more important people than us in town: Obviously busloads of nurses for some hospital on strike had been carted in and some of them were given OUR room. We had to make do with a room with one uncomfortable bed instead of the two ordered, the room was dark, instead of the mountain view we had booked, we had a view of the parking lot. But apparently we were lucky to even have some accommodation that night. The hotel staff offered us restaurant vouchers to make up for the loss they imposed on us, they refused to refund the difference between this bad room and the one we had booked. So we went to the restaurant, voucher 70 Dollars, ordered two steaks for that price and were served with something that resembled leather and was basically inedible. This is the worst experience we ever had in a hotel. I cannot recommend this accommodation under any circumstance. It is probably better to find a camping site by the lake and spend the night there. We were extremely disappointed and will definitely not come back.

A definite upgrade from another hotel we stayed at in the area.
    • Deluxe King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

The coffee creamers weren't topped up the 2nd day, and there should have a mini fridge in the room.

The bed was so great and the room was quite spacious! Loved the temperature of the pool and the gym facilities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air vent in the bathroom was discussing. It needs to be vacuumed. Needs small refrigerator in room. Restaurant at hotel was very expensive.

If you like hotels it will meet your expectations.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

All the bath products had lavender in them which i am allergic to. Bathroom could use some work. Chair and ottoman had stains on it which were a little skeevy. Not deal breakers, but a lack of detail.

Good accessible location right next to the expressway. Great jump of point to get to other towns like Waterbury & Stowe. Bar has Fiddlehead Second Fiddle on tap regularly. Not a bad stay if the price is right.

I was not happy with this hotel experience.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Almost everything. See above. Lack of cleanliness and privacy mostly.

Very poor signage and layout. Not much direction from staff members. Room was dirty. Poor noise control (loud). Staff members disrupted/ walked in on us.

Disappointed with this Double tree.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Doors in other rooms were slamming shut all night, waking me. The shower still had shampoo that was left from previous guest. Made me wonder if it was even cleaned. Very noisy there.

The pillows were nice

We could not turn the heat down in our room so we did not...
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

We could not turn the heat down in our room so we did not sleep well. Waiting to be seated for bfast took forever. Waiting for staff to clean off tables was the issue. Then we waited for new coffee to be brought out. Food was good however.

Awesome!!!! Beautiful hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the website for this hotel stated "smoking rooms available", hotel is non smoking! I think you should correct your website.

Staff were great! Room was very comfortable including the bed and pillows! Nice and quiet!

The hotel was beautiful the staff was great the pool and gym...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like that my room was next to a staff bathroom and staff room all night I heard door slamming in and out to much talking and bathroom smelled .

The hotel was beautiful the staff was great the pool and gym looked great

Pillows were awesome!

Nothing, they are just under construction at the moment. This meant the front desk was small and short staffed. Had to walk a ways to car as front entrance was not open.

Pillows were awesome! Bed very comfortable. Nice room.

Short but very sweet!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

sadly, I was unable to enjoy some of the perks, like breakfast, the gym, etc but the Concierge at the check-in was so friendly & informative. My friend and I used the shuttle service and our driver was incredibly friendly. He gave us recommendations about the restaurant we were going to - just super nice. Also, he was training someone and she struck up conversation about where we were from, why we were visiting, etc. Just an overall great experience.

The view was nice and it was only a minute away from center...
    • Deluxe King Room with Mountain View

Everything about our room was nice except the fact that we had no fridge or microwave in our room... it was nice size but the pics on the site made it look like my room was going to be a suite and it deff was not, but besides that, it was a very comfortable stay and a very clean environment

The view was nice and it was only a minute away from center of Burlington

Perfect location with a student at UVM just needs a good cleaning.

Everything was dirty. They needed a good vacuum and dusting on the walls. Even the bathroom tile and curtain was dirty.

I would wait until the construction is over before I stay here again.

Generally happy with Doubletree - but construction was a bummer
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the construction right outside my window - banging from early - and guys on forklifts right by my window. I wish they could have given a room a little further away - knowing there was construction - its not like it was super cheap.

I wouldn’t recommend if you have allergies because it was filled with dog hair.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Didn’t have dog free bedrooms. Dog hair all over the rug and I’m allergic. The room was a maze to get to because the elevator was broken.

Close to downtown.

Everything was adequate except the sheets were the worse. Next time I’ll bring my own.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets were like sandpaper! My elbows and knees were extremely chapped. Getting to the lobby was tough from our room. Had to go through multiple buildings and fire doors cause the elevator near us was out of order

The bed was very comfortable ( except for the sheets) and we could open our window and get fresh air

Good.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

When searching for the front desk button, we accidently pushed another button on the phone. I just looked at our bill. They charged us 2 dollars for the call. Bar not designed well. Staff had to walk really far to get to the kitchen from the bar area to pick up food. The bartenders were awesome! really friendly.

Bed was nice, and staff switched to non feather pillows upon request. Thank you! Food was great.

I had a huge room with a super comfortable bed

Coffee in the lobby would have been nice and some kind of breakfast would have made my morning easier. I think the beautiful pool should have a hot tub right next to it!

I had a huge room with a super comfortable bed

Under construction now Jan 2017; cat show last weekend so book accordingly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel under construction which was not noted anywhere during booking. Paint odors, dust, fire alarm testing, notices of possible unannounced room entry by workers, construction noise, etc. They also were hosting a cat show and the room we we were first given reeked of cat pee as did several of the hallways and triggered allergies in both of us. Again this was not noted anywhere during booking. Most rooms lack Minifridge and microwaves. On the plus side the staff and location were great.

Staff and location.

Good first time experience. Property is under construction, so some minor inconveniences.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds and Mountain View

Just wished they had hot chocolate, the fruit infused water was refreshing. With this type of hotel and brand surprised no complimentary coffee, tea or cookies available 24-hours. Also no pet care package; I have received complimentary dog biscuit and waste bags at another nearby hotel which was a really nice touch.

Nice location. Comfy beds and room. Super friendly staff.

Food terrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food terrible. In the Tuck's restaurant there was one waitress and she was also doing room service. Felt very bad for her. Waited a long time to be waited on and finally just gave up. Caught the one waitress and she was great in getting me room service

Nice place near airport
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

When searching for a hotel on booking.com, I put free breakfast in my filters and this hotel was among the choices. Unfortunately while having my breakfast with my family, I was presented with a bill equivalent to 16$/pp ! Which we found expensive for less than an ordinary choice. I wasn't expecting that at all. I would return to this hotel but avoid the restaurant.

Reasonably large, clean and nice room. Comfy beds. Warm indoor swimming pool as we like it during winter time! Polite and avenant staff.

Nice room and staff but the hotel was hard to move around in and the shuttle wasn't available.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was under construction and difficult to move around in AND we needed shuttle service to the airport early in the morning but it was NOT available. VERY INCONVENIENT!

The room was comfortable and staff friendly.

Great value. Good location. Clean. Fun swimming indoors in the winter!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Construction going on. Wasn’t loud or anything just the dumpsters took up parking spots on side of building so we had to walk far with a little one to our car. That was the only down side to our stay.

Friendly staff. Clean room. Indoor pool. Love the Crabtree & Evelyn products in the rooms!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Staying in a construction zone with poorly trained unhelpful staff was not good.
    • Traditional King Room

This property is under major remodeling and the staff is poorly trained. Signage is terrible and the taxi driver was uncertain about why the Sheraton signage was down and so was I. I had confirmed by phone the night before my stay and NO ONE thought to update me on the issues. There were no room service menus available in the room and you had to go to the restaurant to get a menu. No one at the Front Desk offered assistance with my luggage nor retrieving a menu for room service. The hallways had construction debris and plastic taping on the carpets. The ballroom had been converted to the restaurant and the wait staff had difficulty getting anything replenished. I had the breakfast buffet at $16 the first morning with overcooked scrambled eggs, no juice until 2/3rds of the way completed with my meal. The coffee was average, the waffles were tough and overcooked and the real Vermont maple syrup was cold and there was no butter for the waffles on the buffet table.

Daily Wall Street Journal was nice but not much else.

AwFUL.
    • Traditional King Room

No Fridge in the room completely renovating the entire lobby was under construction no room service one of the days. terrible experience will not be back

We had a lovely time.
    • Traditional King Room

The area in front for cars and buses to pull up was crowded but that could be due to the construction. Also we were offered points if we didn’t use maid service which we agreed to but she came anyway. We weren’t expecting anyone to enter our room.I️

It was a short ride to downtown Burlington. There was a restaurant on the premises. Lovely cucumber water in lobby.

not sure i would return.
    • Traditional King Room

It wasn't as clean as I would have liked. shower curtain was moldy and bathroom generally not up to standard. it is also under construction.

I liked the proximity to UVM and the gym was nice.

It was okay but the room we got was super small.
    • Club King Room

When we arrived at the Sheraton around 4:30 pm we could not check in because our room was not ready. Several other guests were in the same situation. We were standing around waiting for about an hour. We had dinner reservations and just arrived after traveling 4 hours. I finally approached the manager and asked if she could accommodate us in any way. She said she had one room ready but it was a downgrade from the suite that I had originally booked. She explained that she was short housekeeping staff and had 300 check outs along with 300 check ins.

Second Time Around
    • Traditional King Room

Each visit their were things wrong in our room, this time bathroom plumbing. Each time issues were handled quickly, and with offer to change rooms, or voucher for buffet-Which had us stay in purchasing following morning.

This is our 2nd time up for R & R. We especially love the pool, & excellent morning buffet!

Hoping for all exclusive weekend getaway, disappointing....................
    • Superior King Room

The room was out dated, the configuration of the building footprint was very confusing,. Bathroom in room had patches in the ceiling that were not completed. No refrigerator in room. The restaurant menu was not pleasing, forcing us to eat elsewhere. The bar atmosphere was less than desirable.

The breakfast buffet was very good

GOOD, WISH IT WERE EXCELLENT!
    • Traditional King Room

1. Renovations in the hotel, dust from renovations 2. Stained carpets everywhere 3. Dirty door in our bathroom - needs thorough cleaning 4. Old elevator

1. Staff 2. Location 3. Room comfort 4. Cleanliness 5. Room size

Door didn't lock In our room.
    • Traditional Double Room

Door didn't lock In our room. House keeping took forever. Iron was broken no toiletries upon arrival. Bugs all over the door to get into the property they were treating with a chemical. Overall disappointing

Unsatisfactory for a "Sheraton" property.
    • Traditional King Room

The design and layout of the room. As soon as you walk in, the door is hitting the bed. No elevator. There's a smell in the building that reminds me of being in a hospital full of patients. We stayed in 7 locations during our 2-week road trip. Sad to say, this is the most expensive we paid and the worst place of all.

Location was very convenient to the Charles Market street, one of the famous places in Burlington. Close to a restaurants and freeway.

It was fine, what was expected (except the major renovation work)
    • Traditional Double Room

AC very uneven throughput facility. Dated and in need of repair like broken toilet paper holders or tiles in tub area. Having said that, hotel is under construction.

Great staff

Convient location, disappointing staff
    • Traditional Double Room

Staff didn't let us check in until 2 hours past check in time. They were supposed to give us adjoining rooms but messed it up. We had to call twice for extra towels because they gave us bathroom mats instead. Someone from housekeeping entered our room to clean it at 8 am on Sunday while we were sleeping. This was especially frustrating because we weren't even allowed to check in until 5 pm on Friday.

Nice breakfast , Paid for deluxe. Not a deluxe room as advertised, small with little amenit
    • Deluxe Double Room

Check in desk shld gave mentioned breakfast info. And where restaurant was located. TV didn't have anything of value. TV guest services channel didn't mention anything of value other than checking out . nothing on complimentary breakfast info. No refrigerator as expected in deluxe room , Nor seating for 2 people. IE table. Room was small for deluxe. Not good value.

Great breakfast, found out only by calling frt desk if included.

everything can be better
    • Traditional Double Room

small and smelly room. Can’t open a window, so you need to breathe air from AC the whole night. Very bad room for $200

Only polite staff and location of this hotel was good.

lots of potential here and some staff were brilliant;
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lobby very noisy, not shielded from the rooms; housekeeping staff shouted up and down the corridor--even after complaining. Construction not too difficult to manage though.

lots of potential here and some staff were brilliant; others very diffident.

Rm clean, comfortable. Front desk staff need to be smarter or trained better.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had requested a room with a view of the courtyard. I got a room on 1st floor which was fine, but the window in the room looked out onto a courtyard entrance into the dining area, with a wall about 15 feet from my window which was my view. If I peaked from the far corner of my window down the entrance, toward the courtyard, I could get a glimpse of the courtyard. Unsatisfactory to be called a courtyard view! Then in the am, I asked at the front desk if there was complimentary coffee and she said no. So I went to the breakfast area to order a cup of coffee, where a nice gentleman staff member showed me the complimentary Starbucks coffee. What did the woman at the front desk think complimentary meant?

Dining room food was good and the waitress was very friendly and efficient.

I've stayed here a number of times before and been...
    • Traditional King Room

I've stayed here a number of times before and been perfectly satisfied -- that's why I return. This time, the hotel had construction going on, and I think we should have been warned, especially at this price! I arrived late, expecting the variety store and cafe that I'd depended on before, but it was gone. The main entrance was surrounded by fences, there was crud on the steps near my room, and it is challenging to find your way around the hotel even without construction, but this time, even more time was wasted. Also, it was very noisy above my room. If I'd been advised that the place was under construction, I could have chosen to stay elsewhere or, if the price had been considerably lowered, I could have chosen to put up with the construction. The way things now stand, I really don't care to return to the Sheraton.

Might give it another try only because of the shuttle service.
    • Traditional Double Room

My room was not ready for almost an hour after check in time. When we returned to our room at 4:00 in the afternoon from being out all day the room had not yet been cleaned. Hotel restaurant is overpriced. No parking in front when you check in.

Bed was comfortable. Hotel had everything you might want in a facility. Shuttle service around town was great!

Other than those few things the stay was acceptable
    • Traditional King Room - Disability Access

The hotel was under construction and we were unaware of that, we booked a king room and the 1st night was put in a double , we had to ask to be moved the 2nd night. When they cleaned our room they didn't leave towels, I had to ask more than once to get them .

Very comfortable and happy stay, would definitely return.
    • Club King Room

The barman in the Tuckaway Bar was somewhat disengaged from the customers. The dining room was a bit cold, probably due to its size and where it is situated within the hotel. However we didn’t eat there, only observed as we walked through as that was the only way to the elevator. The elevator was quite tired but probably about to be updated with the current work being undertaken in the hotel entrance.

The bed and bedding were wonderfully comfortable, we loved the facilities of the Club Lounge and the staff who worked there. Our Club Room was excellent, spacious and kept very clean.

Central location to University of Vermont, downtown...

Hotel is in a period of renovation, but it was still a pleasant stay.

Central location to University of Vermont, downtown Burlington and easy highway access to Stowe and other cities in Vermont.

Potential is there but missed the mark on this trip
    • Traditional Double Room

Shower didn't work , called no one came. Room right next to house keeping, doing their job but talked all night, horrible night sleep. No continental breakfast for price should have been included

Location oh hotelvwas good beds were comfortable, room was clean

It's dirty, doing renovations which no one warned us...
    • Traditional Double Room

It's dirty, doing renovations which no one warned us about and we were not compensated for this. Overcharged by the bar. Bar staff unfriendly. Altogether a horrible experience.

Disappointing.
    • Club King Room

The hotel did not honor my reservation. I checked in and found my room to be a lesser quality/size room than what I had booked. No mention of this when I checked in. When I called Guest Services about this they apologized for not disclosing this to me but they had no rooms available in the category I booked. Also, hotel renovations were going on and there was a mess everywhere.

Not much.

The room is clean, beds are super comfortable, the staff is...

Horrible sewage smell in hallways !!! So unacceptable ! In addition there is renovations going on in the hotel which is very unsightly as soon as you walk in the hotel lobby.

The room is clean, beds are super comfortable, the staff is professional (receptionists, housekeeping and waiters).

Great bed, appreciated the shuttle service, good location
    • Superior King Room

The hotel parking lot/logistics were strange. We feel like we paid too much, but it was a very busy weekend in Burlington, so I assume the rate was inflated.

Great bed, appreciated the shuttle service, good location

Loved the place - great location and excellent service.
    • Traditional Double Room

Television service not very good - too few channels - movies limited and too expensive.

Beds were great - service was great, especially transportation - staff was friendly and helpful.

Nice room but hotel needs to get it together during their renovation.

Lack of informing guests about renovation. Appeared terribly short staffed. Saw many angry guests waiting in line at the front desk in the lobby. Guests who never received room service that they ordered. Guests never attended to in the bar/restaurant ended up leaving. Dishes at the tables in the restaurant were still sitting in the same place an hour later. Not enough staff to keep this hotel running properly. Never saw a manager around trying to rectify issues. Should charge less when going through a renovation, not jack up the price $100 more a night than it's worth.

Staff made best attempts to make up for hotel shortcomings and issues from being clearly short staffed.

Safety concerns and little details
    • Traditional Double Room

Outside back door unlocked whole two days we,were there. Fire safety doors wedged open whole time (nearest to 163). No outlet covers on any of the outlets in room. We asked not to have our towels changed, we wanted to be green, but came back and had fresh towels. Pool towels are ridiculously small.

Convinient location, nice pool, free parking

5.5
    See above
    • Traditional Double Room

The hotel is being renovated. As a result, the lobby has been moved around the side of the building. Not a huge deal, but it required me to park my car quite a distance from the door and walk w/ all my bags (no space to drop off at the entrance). The renovation might also explain the ridiculously long walk from the desk to my room w/ luggage in tow. The room was dark and had no natural light. I opened the curtains in the morning to a view of people eating breakfast in the dining room. Strange. Other guests arrived very late at night and were noisy, as was their dog (which barked at night and in the a.m.). It was a $179.00 room, not a $300. room. #NeverAgainBooking.com

It's close to UVM and the employees were all very kind and helpful.

It was okay but we expected more from a Sheraton as we have stayed at many of them.
    • Traditional King Room

Could have had closer ice, snack and drink machines. I had to walk to the end of my hall, through the pool area, through the dining area, through a door and up an elevator to get ice. All this with two knee replacements and my cane! Didn't leave us the free bottles of water that they advertised......had to ask for them.

Server at breakfast happily brought me gluten free toast even though it was a buffet. Server in bar was very friendly. Towels were nice, bed comfortable and pillows were nice.

Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.
    • Traditional Double Room

Water pressure in the shower was poor. The hotel seemed outdated, especially the bathroom. Tub had stickers on the bottom that seemed dirty and shower curtain was very wrinkled. No continental breakfast. Paid $65 for breakfast for three. Not what I'd expect for the very pricey hotel rate.

Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.

Great place to stay for short stay in Burlington. And Shelburne Museum is amazing!
    • Club King Room

Separate breakfast room for "exec" rooms although not sure it is as good as the main breakfast room having had both. Not sure what the point of it is.

Facilities were great, including pool. Nice bar (great espresso martinis!), big comfy bed, shuttle to and from downtown was brilliant.

Great place!
    • Traditional Double Room

Decaf coffee in rooms. The regular coffee was excellent.

Beds are dreamy. Air conditioning works beautifully. Cozy sitting area with fireplace off lobby. Shuttle had excellent service - never waited over 15 minutes and often much less for restaurants, etc. Excellent hotel for the money and location is also very good.

Just a bed to sleep in
    • Traditional King Room

Dirty bathroom and tiny, room service didn't come all day until 4pm when we were back in the room so we didn't want them to come in. Was charged twice for my 2 nights then when we checked out there was a $2 balance. It was told to me it was a service advertising fee?! Which they do not voluntarily tell you about, so they did remove the extra charge. Not worth the money you pay.

The bed was comfortable

The pillows and bed were more comfortable than previous...
    • Traditional King Room

When we booked this property, we assumed it was located closer downtown from looking at the pictures online. It was too far to walk and parking was difficult in the downtown area.

The pillows and bed were more comfortable than previous hotel stays.

The included breakfast.
    • Traditional King Room

The hallway was especially cold.

The included breakfast. The location-easy access to the highway and downtown. Spacious room with very comfortable bed.

Except for the details mentioned above, the facility is great... but the room needs to be looked at.
    • Traditional Double Room

There was insects flying in our room... killed a few And ask someone to come, and they never came. I was not sure if the bath tube was clean, asked cleaning lady who told me that the color of it was like that because the painted it like that... and pillow case had hair on them, asked to change the pillow cases. The glass in the room was dirty.

The breakfast and easy access

Never again. Shame on Sheraton Burlington.
    • Traditional Double Room

3 hour delay in checking in...didn't have room ready until 6pm. The staff blamed housekeeping being behind schedule. There were approx. 50 people in same situation...totally unacceptable.

Beautiful hotel, Bill at the breakfast gave us lots of...
    • Traditional King Room - Disability Access

Beautiful hotel, Bill at the breakfast gave us lots of informations on where to go and was more than kind! Close to the major routes, found an unbeatable price for the service.

Nice hotel - but we had problems with our stay.
    • Traditional King Room

We had a poor experience with hotel check-in. Our room was not ready when we arrived at 4 pm. Initially, staff told us it would be half an hour so we decided to wait. After an hour we asked what the holdup was. Staff looked stressed and rushed but no one gave a clear answer. By then we realized we were not the only ones in this situation. The lobby was packed with people waiting for their rooms. So we left to do some sight seeing. But we were annoyed to have lost an hour of time. When we returned at 7:30 pm, staff said they still did not have our room ready for us. We complained that it was well past our toddlers' bedtime. They gave us a different room and a 50% discount. But I wish the delay had not happened, and that staff had been more upfront about the fact that they were slammed and that we had a long wait ahead of us.

I will say that after the check in debacle things got better. The rooms were spacious and clean. We were travelling with twin toddlers and found there was plenty of room for them to toddle. When we needed something -- coffee or a fridge -- staff were quick to accommodate.

Free shuttle to down town Burlington was great.
    • Traditional Double Room

Free shuttle to down town Burlington was great. Sometimes took a little longer than estimated but drivers were courteous and it was great not to have to worry about parking near church street.

Good for a day, not for more
    • Traditional Double Room

- location outside downtown next to the highway - way too big hotel, i guess that is the problem why the rooms aren't clean enough. The cleaning staff has too many rooms to finish up

- free parking - good room size - comfortable beds - free shuttle bus to downtown (!)

It was clean and comfortable and worked for our first stay in VT
    • Club King Room

You advertise a mountain view but there really isn't one and there was a tree blocking our window anyways. A little pricey for the location

Love that there was a shuttle to down town! Made it very easy and cheap to get there!

Pretty good overall, esp for Burlington
    • Traditional King Room

Terrible in room pay per view. Tried watching a movie and the quality was grueling awful. Mentioned it on check out though and they took it right off.

Great location for us, comfortable bed and linens