Reviews of Hotel Indigo Savannah Historic District 4 stars

201 West Bay Street , Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#48 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Overall a couple of minor nuances but really quite a nice stay.
    • King Suite

Furnishings looked okay but not awesome; view outside window is construction and a peek at river (may be expected here as this is going on right now); additional fee to park although public parking is not that far away (also to be expected in a place like Savannah). A bit of distant noise into the night from the street (also may be expected for Savannah in the summer near riverfront)

Very nice comfortable and convenient place to stay in Savannah. Close to everything.

Excellent facility, very clean and comfortable, Great location

My room got skipped 2 days in a row for servicing and We would be out of the room for about 7 hours each day. I can see making a mistake one day but 2 days. Tells me there's a communication problem somewhere or someone's not doing there job. I contacted management the first day and they apologized and sent someone up write away to service it but the second day, I got the run around and no one would help. I ask to speak to a manager and the guy on staff named Chris said he was the manager and he couldn't do anything else for me besides send someone up to service it. Upon checking out on Friday, I ask to speak to the manager and they informed me that she was off for the weekend because of the Holiday. I ask for a business card and I left my information for her to call me but I never received a call. Furthermore the guy named Chris said he spoke to the House keeping manager and he said I had the do not disturb sign on the door. I know this to be not true because we were out all day. I stayed there on a recommendation but no one bothered to help me to see where the break down occurred.

Excellent location. Very clean and the front desk staff were very nice and polite. Very stylish and upscale

Hotel Indigo-Hotel oh no!
    • King Room with River View

Staff need customer service education. Tiny room. Bathroom sink in bedroom, NOT in bathroom. Halls with trash, including cart with paint cans, tools A/C worked poor-and bed placed so cool air constantly blows straight on you. Noisy. Decorative pillows on bed dirty and musty smelling. The expensive "river view" was actually a small patch of water mostly covered by warehouses.

The name.

BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!

The Indigo was the best hotel on our East Coast trip. They upgraded us for free to a king suite, and we could not have been happier. We were given a Peach Bellini during our check in process, which was smooth and easy. Plenty of ppl working the front check in locations. The cleanliness and style of the hotel were awesome. I also found the Valet parking attendants to be very friendly and helpful through out the process. I could not have been happier with everything!

We were on our first vacation without kids. New empty nesters.. It was awesome
    • King Room with River View

I would have liked to have had a pool.

We were so close to everything we wanted to do. It is a perfect location. We walked everywhere and only a block from the City Market area. The room was clean and the bed was soooooo comfortable. The rooms are decorated with art from around Savannah. Very cool hotel.

Sleepless in Savannah
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

The beds were so hard, my wife and I neither could sleep. Mixed with all the street nose, not being able to find a happy setting on the AC. It was a long night.

The art deco design off the room was beautiful.

A breakfast included in the price of the room would have been great.

The art deco design off the room was beautiful. Very clean, courteous staff, and the entire layout of the room was really a plus. I would recommend this, and I have recommended this hotel to others. And I just arrived home yesterday. Will stay there again in the future.

The staff at front desk and bar were extremely friendly.
    • Standard Room

The breakfast was not good at all. Our eggs were burned, the coffee was cold and my sausage was not cooked. Pancakes we microwaved and hard .

The staff at front desk and bar were extremely friendly. It was close to riverstreet so we did not need our car.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend the hotel if you want to explore downtown Savanna

The price to park was a little high. I thought for what we payed for the room breakfast or the parking should have been included.

The location and comfort of the bed were the best. All the employees were very helpful and friendly.

Great luxurious place to stay for comfort and perfect location!
    • Standard Room

Some small hiccups that I didn't like, we had a small wait for our room due to a very busy booking weekend. The woman checking us in promised us vouchers for a free drink at the bar for the inconvenience. However, she didn't not give us any vouchers and it was soon forgotten. If someone is talking outside your door you can hear everything, and there was a small child being very loud in the morning. No noises were heard when everyone was in their respective rooms at night. Lastly, valet service was very slow upon check out due to the volume of people checking out at the same time.

The pillows were extra soft and fluffy and the bed was super comfortable! I loved that the floors were a dark hardwood style floor and not disgusting carpet. The lighting for the mirror vanity was superb for getting ready. I truly loved the room we stayed in and the facility was kept clean and very close to all that is happening in Savannah! Perfect location.

The property had a nice patio for relaxing and enjoying the...

We were placed on the first floor and there was so much noise from traffic and people outside that it was impossible to sleep. We requested a room on a higher floor, but it became such an issue we just stayed on the first floor. Also, we needed to use a crib and requested it twice...it never was delivered to our room after we were told it would be there in ten minutes.

The property had a nice patio for relaxing and enjoying the evening

Had a great time in Savannah just was upset with cleanliness of the room overall.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty hadn’t been cleaned like it should have been before we checked in. Also room was not cleaned one day that we were there.

Location was great

Bed was comfortable.

Floor in room was dirty. No soap in room. People loud in hall at 2:00 pm

Bed was comfortable. Staff very friendly especially the Concierge breakfast buffet was a good value and tasty. Great wait staff

I liked the bathroom and the sitting area in the suite.
    • Standard Room

I didn't like the fact that dog owners were allowed to bring their dogs to the hotel and stay. I don't dislike dogs, however, I don't want to stay at a hotel that allows dogs.

I liked the bathroom and the sitting area in the suite.

it was great. excellent location. comfortable rooms and clean.

they didn't made the room one day. the housekeeping lady they sent to make the room was impolite and rude, she was mad. manager gave us one night compliment due to this, which was fine with us.

I liked the room. beds were very comfortable aswell as pillows.

Would stay here again.

Nothing really, although elevator wait time can sometimes seem a bit long but not a huge deal.

Great location, breakfast was good and a nice bar arear to relax in after a long day.

Nice hotel and very friendly, attentive staff--really...
    • Standard Room

Little bit of street noise...but you are in the middle of downtown Savannah--GREAT LOCATION

Nice hotel and very friendly, attentive staff--really can't beat the location--next to City Market and within walking distance of pretty much everything you could want

Uncomfortable and loud.

Even though I booked the hotel two months ago, I was told there was no room left the upper floors; they gave me a room on the first floor, a room that was facing the street and it was so loud that we couldn’t sleep all night. Also, the staff who checked us in wasn’t friendly.

The location was fantastic.

Location to river street
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Market Square View

No mini fridge or microwave in rooms. They also charge $30 a day to park your car at the hotel. I ended up parking about a block away for 3 days and it came out to $22 for the entire trip. The wifi is VERY slow and you’re honestly just better off using your regular cell reception.

Location to river street

Great location, and very friendly and helpful staff. Dayne was super nice and funny.

Carpeting in the common areas (near main elevator) in desperate need of replacement—smelled like a gym locker. I also choose to use the stairs and they weren’t swept/vacuumed and handrails need a wash/paint.

Nice toiletries. Good coffee in the lobby. Nice gym. Quality HD TV.

A perfect 10

I had no dislikes

Location was perfect, easily accessible to everything. The staff were very courteous, helpful and friendly. One of the receptionists went out of her way to help me with scanning an urgent document. The room was very clean, a good size with a large and comfortable bed. We received a free upgrade giving us a lounge area which was much appreciated. A great hotel which I would recommend to others visiting Savannah.

Great location makes up for service!
    • King Room with River View

Very subpar service. Everyone's attitude was a little meh. Our room didn't even get cleaned one day even after asking in the afternoon when we went out for the second time

Updated/new/comfy bed/great view

Nice faculty, nice location but too noisy from street. I
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Due to being on Bay St room was very noisy from traffic, starting at 4 am. The booking process was not clear and changing dates of reservation was costly.

Room and hotel nice and convenient

Hotel staff was very friendly.

Room was a bit crowded but it had everything one could want.

Hotel staff was very friendly. We arrived early and only hoped to leave our bags but they found us a room and let us check in.

A weekend get a way

It was beautiful they greet you with Mimosa’s the staff was very gracious and accommodating . It was a great location one block from river street and one block from Market Street. Everything in walking distance. I thought it was a little pricey ...

Great location, nice people and the most comfortable bed I ever slept in.
    • Standard Room

Food and coffee was terrible. Way below par for a hotel of this caliber. The way you make up the bed is terrible. Had to tear it apart to get the sheets to stay up to neck.

Will return
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

Need lighter weight blanket options Comforters too hot. We asked for different ( lighter weight) blankets and received the identical comforter

Location is perfect Beds very comfortable Breakfast foods very good Bar, great atmosphere, comfortable seating

Not happy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Market Square View

We booked for 239.00 a night. We were charged 329.00. When we checked out there was no one available to discuss the problem. We had to leave and couldn't wait .Won't be back

Comfortable

It's a beautiful, clean, historic hotel right in downtown Savannah's historic district.

I was pleased overall.

Hotel Indigo was right in the historic district with easy walking to most places. It's a beautiful, old hotel with great staff. They were welcoming to my small dog and very friendly. A+ on all areas! I used valet parking which seemed easier than finding my own spot and at $30 it was well worth it.

For the price and location was a good stay.

We had a leaky toilet which made high pitched sound intermittently. Reported for three consecutive days and was never repaired. Also last day maid service was sketchy. Left towels and replacement soaps just dumped on counter. Room was very small.

Breakfast was very good. Ate from buffet one morning and from menu the next morning. Both were hot and tasty. Breakfast price included with room rate which is a plus if you eat a full breakfast.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very...

Didn't like that our parking was an extra $30 per night. At the rate of the room, it should have been included.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. I did not know the hotel was pet friendly. I would have taken our baby if I knew.

Had a wonderful three days. Will return to this hotel

Bar area very nice. Staff all throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful Hotel location is perfect for City Market and all events happening

The only negative thing in a beautiful city. Would never stay at an Indigo property again!

Didn’t like my room, paid extra for an upgrade the following night. Was moved into exactly the same room one floor up. When asked for the KING suite I was promised was told there was no availability and no note to indicate that I was promised a king suite for 60 more a night. Finally after I insisted (why would I move to exactly the same room) they magically found a suite. The elevator to the 3rd floor was broken all weekend so had to take the stairs. It was very confusing to find the flloor (suites are on the 3rd pass the 4th floor?).

Staff were not friendly. Dismissive and argumentative

Liked location, friendliness of staff, just taken aback by high fees/taxes for 3 nights.
    • Standard Room

We somehow missed seeing The coffee until our final day. The taxes, and added fees were exhorbitant and added so much more to the cost of our three day stay.

The concierge was knowledgeable and gave us a nice historical walking tour.

The room was clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

We requested a menu for room service and had to wait 1.5 hours for it. The food that we finally ordered was awful. Completely inedible. The price is high due to the location however the services are lacking. It is a very touristy area and it seems they have no interest in ensuring repeat business.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly.

Great stay

The front desk was unable to accept a virtual debit card. This is the future with smart phones. I had hoped to pay like that. I was disappointed the staff had never heard of it or was willing to ask anyone.

Location was fantastic

I did not find the staff paticulary friendly or helpful. Having spent the previous two nights at the Hilton in downtown St Augustine, I was very disappointed with the Indigo - more expensive, $30 for valet parking - my husband is disabled so we parked ourselves in the handicap spot outside the front door. No breakfast, no complimentary water bottles. I would not stay there again nor recommend to friends.

The bed was comfortable, pillows were nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Market Square View

It smelled musty, the room was very small, it was St. Patricks Day so we didnt complain. Housekeeping didnt leave clean cups or glasses in our room. I paid top dollar for this hotel because it was St. Patricks Day, but still very dissapointed.

The bed was comfortable, pillows were nice. Hotel felt safe snd sevure on a crazy weekend.

Ioved Indigo Pearl

I spoke to Alicia when booking this hotel. She was extremely helpful,patient and friendly on the phone. Loved her! We were upgraded to a suite. Complimentary breakfast was offered when room wasn’t ready at check in. The location is the best!!! Loved the Indigo

Great place, just a little noisy.
    • King Suite

The hotel was very noisy both inside and out. The windows let in all the road noise and it was very hard to sleep well.

The hotel was beautiful and in a great location. The room service was very good and the staff friendly.

The hotel is conveniently located.
    • Standard Room

The rooms were extremely loud during the night. You could hear the traffic and noises from the street as well as the neighborhood. We had rooms facing to both sides. The breakfast was not what we expected for $16 p.p.

The hotel is conveniently located.

Absolutely amazing!!!!
    • King Room with Market Square View

That we couldn’t stay longer

The list is so long!!! Loved the location, LOVED the staff, loved the decor, and the beds and showers were the best we had on our 2 week long road trip. I had to store an insulin pen, and unfortunately they didn’t have a fridge for our room. Which wasn’t a huge issue because it could have stayed out for the 2 days as long as the room was kept cool. When they realized we wouldn’t have a fridge for medication they immediately offered to store my medication in their fridge in the lobby where it would be secured. The staff went above and beyond to help us, everyone was so incredibly friendly.

I liked everything about the room!

No microwave

I liked everything about the room! It was well stocked on towels and etc, very presentable and clean, and the bed slept heavenly. The only thing I didn’t like about the king suite there wasn’t a microwave in the suite to warm my food. I believe that should be looked into, but everything else was a plus! Thanks

Dissappoint experience for my first 4 star hotel, Holiday Inn is better.

No Min Fridge or micro wave. Toilet paper holder fell off enough that I placed it on the towel rack. Ran out of regular coffee for the rooms. V/P put my name in incorrectly 20 mins to get my car.

The location was great.

Perfect location!

Perfect location!! Easy access and parking. Our room was downstairs and was nice just a little noisy.. traffic and people partying and walking by, other than that it was great! Would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel!

Great hotel, close to everything no need to drive, clean, comfortable room, friendly staff

Room was a little small but it was only me and my husband for one night so not too bad.

Comfortable beds, clean room, excellent TV. Close to everything in Savannah, could walk just about everywhere. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and...
    • King Suite

You could hear a lot of the street noise on the riverfront - e.g. transport trucks. Staff did not seem to know how to call/arrange for a taxi - ie. to the airport. Complimentary bottles of water in the room would have been nice.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and modern.

Great location, great staff, clean and comfortable room
    • King Room with River View

The parking fee was outrageous at $20.00 a night but that is pretty much on par for the other hotels in the area. Bathroom was small but not that big a deal.

The location was great as you right on the river. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable.

Nice Place

I stayed in the 2nd floor, it's a little bit noise, maybe in higher floors this is not an issue.

Location is amazing and it's a fair price. I would stay again.

Location and atmosphere are great. Cleanliness, parking, and service not so much.

It wasn’t very clean. They came in and half made our bed.. but I guess got side tracked half way through so when we got back nothing was cleaned.. no trash emptied... no bed made etc. very weird.

The main area was nice looking and location was great! Can walk to a lot of great places.

We had a good time and nice hotel.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

The noise level was insane! We were on the 3rd floor corner room, facing the street. The street noise with people partying, the club next door with people outside till 4 am! There were also street racing noise. The valet parking is 30 per day, we had a hard time leaving for check out...took over an hour with call down for cart (never rec'd one) We ended up going down with 3 carts sitting and 3 attendants standing there. They did pull our car around and left down the side of the bldg. We ended up pulling the car around in the loading zone and packed our own car with them watching. Also, at time of booking, they didn't want to honor a Booking.com mistake, spoke to Jose who was so rude and suggested we go elsewhere. Thank goodness for Britney , who was wonderful and honored our reservation.

The room was excellent, bathroom a little small, but nice. The beds and pillows were wonderful, bed was one of the best I've slept in. The room was beautiful. The hotel was close to everything, we walked everywhere.

Amanda was the consignor.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

bathroom was tight and sink right at doorway is not very private

Amanda was the consignor. She had a lot of knowledge and was very helpful. Breakfast availability and value were great.

Other than check in we enjoyed staying here
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Market Square View

Check in experience was unpleasant. The rooms weren't ready on time and the lobby was full of people with thei personal belongings.

Overall decor, bar

Location & bathroom & coffee
    • Standard Room

AC not calibrated. Set 71 and room would go to 68. Squeaky bed. Undisclosed mandatory parking fee ($30 + $15 tip).

Location & bathroom & coffee

Was a good trip.

Parking was exorbitant...out ragious! Bookings mane a mess of the hotel confirmation and it took 15 min and two employees and two calls to bookings to find it.

Friendly service.
    • King Room with River View

Overall it was a pleasant stay. However, the sink outside the bathroom did not appeal to us. A person using the sink would disturb their company (if they were still asleep). I am not sure if all the rooms are that way. The rooms were small too. We pretty much paid for the location and not the room. The valet should be complimentary.

Friendly service.

Perfect overnight stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Market Square View

The bathroom was super small. No mini fridge.

Excellent location in relation to the shopping and restaurants! Excellent view, clean beds, and nice room size! Friendly staff!

Far beyond my expectations, the staff deserves the highest level of rating possible.
    • King Suite

Needed more coffee for the rooms and real creamer.

The breakfast buffet was amazing. The menu items for room service were good but needed a little more normalcy. Overall it was a great experience.

The hotel is in the ideal location to allow easy walking to all areas of historic Savannah.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

The thermostat in our room had a short in the wiring which caused the room to stay exceptionally warm the first night. It took a couple of calls (one from housekeeping and one from me) plus an in-person trip to front desk to speak with a manager to get it resolved before bedtime of the second night. Once resolved, the room was very comfortable.

Everyone was Extremely nice - Valet service, Front Desk, Maintenance, but Especially the Housekeeping Staff! All had smiles, greetings, and kind words.

Beautiful place.
    • King Suite

The bar and restaurant and parking are all very expensive. Drinks at the bar were 10 dollars and up. Service was very good.

Beautiful place. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff.

Nice visit to Savannah!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with River View - Non-Smoking

Check in took at least 20 mins...had 2 ladies training and only one who knew what she was doing. I was given the wrong room number, and had to return to the desk to straighten it out.

The bed was very comfortable. Location is excellent....walking distance to everything.

Exceeded expectations. Very nice place.
    • Standard Room

The room was not huge but it was comfortable. Liked the quirky décor. I appreciated the ambient music in the restaurant. Electronic/lounge. It seems like a small thing but I'm so sick of the usual dated garbage I'm generally forced to listen to. Friendly, helpful waitstaff.

Great location and nice room.

I didn't like being charged an extra $10.00 to change from two queen size beds to one king size! Also, charging $30.00 for parking!,, that is ubsurd! Didn't see it while I was booking the room, I recall it saying that there was parking...until you get to the bottom of the page. Plus all the extra taxes, why not just say the total price! It cost us double by the time we finished😡😡😡

I liked the view. Slept well. They brought us a small fridge to keep our stuff cold. Great location.

Excellent hotel in a convenient location with a great staff.
    • King Room with Market Square View

Not much to comlain about. We tried checking in early to no avail but I'm sure like most service industries they are struggling with labor. Check in is at 4pm and we received our check in room ready text at 5pm but we were already out. While I understand their desire to provide healthy snacks in their snack bar but even a small assortment of candy bars or sugary snacks would be a nice addition.

Great location. Updated, staff was helpful and friendly. Room was excellent. The bed comfortable, the vanity was outside the bathroom which is always a nice touch, shower was huge. Valet parking was convenient, always helpful, and kept our car close when we going back out shortly. Overall the entire staff we dealt with were professional, courteous, and accommodating.

Excellent!
    • King Suite

The staff especially April, the Valet Expert, went above and beyond her duties. She showed my husband where to park our Penske Truck, helped bring our cats to the room, told us to contact her if we needed anything. She had a smile on her face the whole time The staff was so friendy and accommodating, I wish we were staying longer than one night. The room was beautiful!!

Great hotel in a great location.

Location could not be better. The staff were welcoming, efficient and caring. We arrived the day after Grayson and everything was 100% up and running. We had a great dinner at the bar and enjoyed the live music. Great job by all!

Our room wasn’t cleaned at all the first day.

Our room wasn’t cleaned at all the first day. When I asked for an explanation the young woman at the front desk first said we must have left the do not disturb card on our door (we had not, and we’d been out from 10am -7pm), then told me they don’t always clean the rooms every day, sometimes it’s just every other day. This was either a lie, or it’s the first hotel I’ve ever stayed at that doesn’t offer daily room service. The second day, the room wasn’t cleaned when we returned at 4 pm. I asked the housekeeping staff on my floor about it and they said someone would do it in 20 minutes. The room was finally cleaned (by a very nice woman) at 6pm, after I made two more requests.

Too little for too much

I did not need to eat breakfast on site as it was too expensive and I do not drink so that was not important to me. I found lounge and restaurant took up space which could have been better used, larver rooms and more space in lobby.

Near riverstreet

No option to self park.
    • King Room with River View

No option to self park. Valet of $28/day is way too much. Also long line to check in on Thursday 12/28 made it difficult for us to get our car out of valet lot. The lobby was literally packed with tons of people waiting to be checked in. It made me wonder about the staffing level, competency, and computer issues for check in. I don’t know what the issue was but at 5pm ish on a Thursday (even during holiday season) should never be that backed up.

Very beautiful hotel with the best bartenders ever!

We wished our room had a refrigerator in it. Service was a little slow at check-in.

We enjoyed the room; the view was nice and we were close to River Walk. The ambiance of the room is cool, too. The staff were REALLY nice, especially the bartenders Audrey and Tiffani!

The location is perfect, but there are a lot of other hotels...
    • Standard Room

The rooms were very small, the amenities were limited, and parking was expensive.

The location is perfect, but there are a lot of other hotels steps away that are better.

The area was safe and very convenient

NO pool, no continental breakfast, No wifi surfaces available to 2/3 of my devices and spent 45 min of my vacation on the phone with tech support and they told me in the end that they were sorry and could not help.

The staff

I would go back to this hotel because of the location and friendly staff.

The room was not planned out well so it was cramped around the bathroom. I wasn’t offered to park myself. I arrived and they just automatically put me in valet.

The location was PERFECT and the staff was very helpful when I arrived.

Stay was great. Hotel was clean and beautiful.

Only Valet parking is available. Self-park option should be offered.

Loved the location and cleanliness of the hotel. Staff was courteous and friendly.

Design and Comfort
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Market Square View

The breakfast is good, but expensive.

The location is perfect. The comfort and cleaning is excellent. The hotel design is amazing - beautiful, modern and creative.

Browse Hotel Indigo Savannah Historic District traveller photo gallery