Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Arlington Ballpark / Six Flags 3 stars

2001 East Copeland Road, Arlington, TX 76011, USA

#34 of 56 hotels in Arlington

I liked that It was close to the attractions such as six...

Would have liked for the side doors to be locked at all times, came in late one night and walked right in. The vending machines are trash. Don’t use!

I liked that It was close to the attractions such as six flags, Rangers stadium...it was close to a lot of food places but if you were walking you had to walk up the over pass just to bypass the long walk around (outdoors people would understand). Our Lyft rides weren’t expensive because we stayed in the area most of the time. Breakfast ends early so be aware of that. Quiet on the weekdays, Overall great stay.

The hotels elevators smelled bad, we got into our room and...

The hotels elevators smelled bad, we got into our room and there was per in the toilet, a hair let on the tub, a dried booger on the shower curtain, and there was a dirty towel be hide the tv. Getting to the hotel when there is a ranger game letting out is stupid crazy took us 45 mins to get to trying to figure out how to get back with all the roads blocked off. Over all we will never stay here again, I’m not one to complain but this is the worst I’ve ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Super hotel, walking distance from the stadium!

Just the orange wall 😂 though i know it's their color motif. Nothing actually

Super hotel, walking distance from the stadium! It's quiet even we are beside elevator.

Old But Clean & Cheap

Property needs a facelift. My room was on the "highway" side of the building and traffic gets pretty loud sometimes.

Location. I could walk to the Arlington Conference Center.

Convenient to AT& T Stadium

Old exterior, building needs a face lift. No free shuttle to close by sports arena. Overall comfortable stay, rooms clean, great pillows.

Convenient to AT& T Stadium

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice overall, but be careful

We reserved a king room, but were given a double room at first. When we were finally put into the correct room we were charged for the "upgrade" and charged twice for the first room. We were here on vacation on a budget and this extra charge (which, as of this posting has yet to be resolved) meant we had to cut out some of our other vacation plans. Also there was only one set of towels in the bathroom (enough for one person)

The room was very clean

Great location for AT&T Stadium/Rangers...

The pool was open every night of the stay except our last night (Sunday) when really wanted to use it.

Great location for AT&T Stadium/Rangers ballpark/six flags.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great Location for all the Arlington sites!

The air conditioner blows directly on the bed. It was quite drafty and cold.

Breakfast was great. Location was wonderful. This was our 3rd or 4th stay. We'll be sure to book again.

Not great.

The staff wasnt very friendly. I stayed a whole week and they didnt help us or anything. The breakfast was a joke.

The bed was comfy and the location was convenient for those going to a baseball game or visiting the amusement parks

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Easy access off the freeway, and very close to the ballpark.

There was a bad smell in the elevator. Like real bad body odor.

Was glad to find out that a shuttle stopped right out front to take us to the Rangers baseball stadium. There was also no charge, saved $20 for parking.

Aged Hotel

My bed sheets we're stained with something that looked like blood and the tub was dirty with hair in it, also bed wasn't very comfortable.

Not much of anything

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Great place to stay, it was in the middle of all the attractions we went too. There is even a trolly bus that takes you to and from the rangers stadium

Very close tomsixflax and cowboys stadium, you can walk , no...

The hotel side close to the hiway 30 is too laud, then i recomend you ask a room on the oposite side

Very close tomsixflax and cowboys stadium, you can walk , no need car taxi o huber

Other than that room was ok

The room was not throughly checked , there was vomit behind the curtain , had a bad stinch in the room ,, asked to be moved to another room, told there was no vacancies.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Rude staff

The breakfast... Was just waffles and coffee, all carbs no protein. Breakfast area had only three tables, crowded, had to wait in the lobby for our turn. When we finally got the chance to make the waffles, they took everything away, I asked the attendant if we can get something but she was very rude. Staff was unfriendly and not helpful.

The room was comfortable

Clean

Staff were rude and not helpful. They were unable to make adjustments to fees (senior discount and pet fee) because booking was not done through them! When asked about times for pool use and breakfast, we were given permission for exception. We were told by other staff to get out of the pool after being in for 5 minutes and very atimate that breakfast was over even though we were given permission at the front desk. Asked for pet accommodations through booking.com but was not charged until we checked in. Staff at front desk said that he would leave a message for manager to contact us by 9:00 the next morning about waving the pet fee which he didn't and refused to talk to us.

Clean

Close to UTA

It smelled bad, loud Highway noise - couldn’t sleep, only few choices at breakfast and coffee was terrible , too expensive for what you get.

Close to UTA

The room was nice and the pool area was nice also but...

The elevator on the reception end was too hot and slow

The room was nice and the pool area was nice also but someone should come out and make sure that the parents of some of these kids are out with them, some of them were too loud and played to rough around the pool area, I really thought someone was gonna get injured

The room itself was clean.

Horrible parking, consistently dirty floors in lobby & elevators. Strong unpleasant smell in all hallways. Very dirty carpet throughout the whole building.

The room itself was clean. House keepers were friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The location was good.

The hallways were hot as if no air conditioning was on. The elevator was not really safe it was too small. The elevator tried moving while doors were open. Our a.c. in our room didnt work all that well the bed was hard. The parking lot is not all that big couldnt hardly turn the car around. The coke machine was the only vending machine on our floor and it didnt work it look like parts of it was melted.

The location was good.

🤷🏽‍♀️
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is a customer service rep that works here who is extremely rude! She actually took it upon herself to cancel one of the rooms I had had booked for months and called me and said that she couldn’t hold them until 3 o’clock, which is the check in time. But when I told her I was on my way as we were speaking, she then said she could hold them “only” until 3 o’clock. Her attitude was just nasty as if she didn’t care about her job or the people who were staying at this hotel. As for the breakfast, I have had a better selection at an $80 hotel. Your only selections are waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, or a choice of 2 fruits. And then they have coffee, juice, and milk. I believe the pool could use a nice cleaning. My first night there my family and I went to the pool and when I got out I was really itchy. As I was about to shower I noticed i had some rashes. (I’ve never had a rash before so I had to get my mom to tell me what it was)

The location was great, just minutes away from most stores! The rooms were decent. The fitness room is nice!

We loved it great location to all surrounding areas the beds...

The only thing we were concerned about is the pool where it says that its 4ft its actually deeper and the drop off are very sudden as the pool get deeper if you have kids make sure to watch them close

We loved it great location to all surrounding areas the beds were really comfortable the room was very clean and very roomy the heck in was super easy fast and the receptionist was very nice the front lobby was very clean as well

I liked that the room was very neat and the beds were very...

What I disliked about my room was that there were no vents in the bathroom. Also the hallways were very hot and stuffy.

I liked that the room was very neat and the beds were very firm and comfortable.

Overall it was a good stay for the rate. The pool was very clean and accessible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room where we were at was right by the pool and a smoking area. So there was several people acting up outside of our room the following mornings

Rooms where clean and very roomy. The breakfast bar was good with a variety of continental breakfast. Front staff was great also.

We asked for towels and blankets for two days and didn’t...

We asked for towels and blankets for two days and didn’t receive any the first night we were out of towels after our showers that we didn’t get any new ones for the second night when one of the next a blanket but we’re told we could not have one

Overall good experience there
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Room was close to pool. Could hear the children in pool early in the morning. But other than that it was nice

The bed was comfortable and room was a nice size

Lovely hotel, unhappy staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

This was my second time staying here and the facility are always pretty sullen and very obviously don't want to be there. They're helpful enough, but they don't seem to like people or their jobs very much.

The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. The pool is pretty, the people that stay there are usually courteous, and breakfast is delicious.

When I arrived the lobby was smelling awesome.

The carpet wasn't clean. I could smell it and it wasn't a pleasant smell. And the cleaning lady came in the room and we wasn't pleasantly dress. And it wasn't check out yet. It was around 9am when she just walked in. Didn't appreciate that at all.

When I arrived the lobby was smelling awesome. And I love the balcony.

Really nothing.

Customer Service was VERY RUDE & VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!. She actually told me if I didn't like it here for me to go look somewhere else to stay!!!

Really nothing.

Located close to six flags, Rangers ballpark, and the...

The parking lot is very small. There is one one each side of the property but no one wants to park on the opposite side from their room.

Located close to six flags, Rangers ballpark, and the Arlington convention center. It is right by the highway but was still pretty quiet for sleeping.

When we arrive there were like bunch of rowdy people in the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

When we arrive there were like bunch of rowdy people in the pool area until 4 am in the morning our room on 4th floor facing pool. I was surprised no one complain about this. Dont you have a cut off time in the pool area. We couldn't enjoy the pool after baseball game becase we had small children with us.

It was a great location where I could get where I wanted to

We could hear our neighbors all night long. It was very hard to fall asleep. Also, the water smelled like sewage.

It was a great location where I could get where I wanted to

Bummer stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelt very musty. They had no late check-out. Breakfast was horrible and they called 25 minutes before 11 and rushed me on checking out and checkout was not till 11.

Not much at all

It was ok

You can't check in early usually hotels are great about checking in but this was the first hotel I stayed at where they didn't even make a effort to accommodate me so my event started at 330 and I was late because I couldn't check in until 3

Breakfast was great Texas waffles and I love bagels orange juice was great it's close to six flags

I like that it was a very clean environment, very...

I can’t say that I didn’t like anything from the property since I was only there for a few hours, but the hours I was there I have no complaints at all

I like that it was a very clean environment, very represented and it has a beautiful view for me

Great Location, great price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Perfect location for all the attractions! Right by the ballpark, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, and close to the outlet mall! Loved the sliding doors on our first floor room to the pool.

Great location. Comfy beds, cool pool!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Breakfast could run another hour, till 10 am on weekends would be better, if your a late sleeper, it's hard to get any with the weekend crowd.

Great location, right next to sixflags. The pool is great, its shaded in the evening hours, with a breeze blowing, great for cooling off.

Everything was nice and it was clean!

Everything was nice and it was clean! Plus they’re cheaper than other places who aren’t near as nice and clean. Definitely staying here next time I visit Arlington

Good staff, fine location, very clean, but pool needed work.

The pool area could use some help. The complexity of getting to the hotel, given the street construction, was no minor matter.

Very nice value for the location. Good staff. Very very helpful!

Howard Johnson was AWEsome

needed more shade by the pool area

This property was amazing!!!!!! I was hesitant because of the reviews but none of the reviews was anything like i experienced!! will definitely stay again

The awesome stay at Howard Johnson

There was nothing I did not like about the property. I enjoyed my stay.

I like everything about the property. The beds were comfortable and the room temperature was perfect.

It was a pretty good stay overall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is not enough room for breakfast tables and the only thing you get is a waffle, rolls or muffins. That is your only selection besides fruit. Be better if there was more like a continental buffet breakfast. Especially for the cost of the rooms.

That there is a trolley to the ball fields and they give you a ride back.

Location is great.

Rooms small floors very very dirty. Bathroom was old and falling apart. Just an old hotel.

Location is great. Very old Needs massive renovations. But staff was very friendly and the trolly was a great surprise.

Overall the value for the location/room was awesome!

Could use some minor repairs here and there. Door knob in stairwell, vending machines, maybe a febreze automatic sprayer in lobby to be more pleasant?

Breakfast is okay, normal waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins & fruit. Great price for location/trolley services. Beds were comfy. I was a little hesitant after reading reviews about cockroaches on their website, after I had booked but honestly didn’t see one kind of bug at all (even in the stairways). The staff could work on being more welcoming/professional. But they were not terrible (I’ve had worst customer service). And I can’t say all of the receptionist were like that. There were two (night shift) that were very friendly/helpful. Housekeepers were awesome & helpful!

It was very close to Globe Life Park
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

The elevators stayed dirty and smelled like B.O the entire time we were there. Cleaning staff just looked at you no hi or smile.

It was very close to Globe Life Park

Will not return!

The breakfast was subpar. The A/C kept turning off when not on auto. The only 2 staff members I had interaction with were very rude. The pool area must have had a party because there was trash all over the place.

Pretty much clean

The location if it was in a better location then I would give this place a ten but the location just lowered it for me but other than that it’s pretty good

Pretty much clean

I like the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was nothing to write home about. I had never been to a hotel that looked so nice but where there was no egg, bacon, sausage or yogurt for breakfast. Also, I stayed on the first floor but had to go to the third floor to get ice. There should be an ice machine on every floor.

The beds were big and comfortable. The atmosphere was quiet and beautiful. I had a very restful night.

it was ok. close to my sorority function @ other hotel

It was ok. Coffee was terrible

upon check-in the price was $180., guy said he gave me my military discount & he did not in fact do that. I ask could I get a room on the pool side , I was told that i would have to pay more money. Road side was quite noisy. I eventually would like to go to to sleep.

great price and location.

many of the streets were closed so if you're catching Uber or Lyft it might be difficult for the driver to get to you.

the price was great and the rooms for comfortable and clean

Had great time at the NFL Draft and hotel was in walking distance.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price was a little higher than I expected and did not offer a free ride to event (NFL Draft).

Close to event that we attended. Clean, good breakfast and easy to locate.

fair value, near att stadium and six flag; could use upgrade

room was only okay cleanliness and location next to freeway can be loud at night for sleeping; the shower head and faucet could use some cleaning or upgrade

Excellent stay, very clean at a great price.

About the only observation, was the mattress was comfortable, but it could use an upgrade in the near future.

I read several bad reviews about this motel, which made me hesitant about staying with them. But, after my stay, i dont see why the bad reviews were made. The room i stayed in appeared to have been remodeled recently. The room looked great, very clean, the bed linen was very clean. Overall excellent and the price was definitely great.

Overall it was good only downside for us was the breakfast area but everything else was great.

Wish there was a better breakfast area. There is only 5 tables so by the time we came down for breakfast at 7:15-7:30am there was no where to sit. We ended up just stopping at a gas station so we wouldn't have to wait in line and for a table nor have to balance carrying plates and drinks up to our room.

Room was clean. Easy check in. Nice staff. Was close to Globe Life Park.

Ok stay. But very poor customer service from the night shift clerk

The hotel clerk was very rude. No customer service skills at all. I will never choose this hotel again. The night shift clerk is awful with a bad attitude and not very helpful at all.

Room clean

The rooms were clean and nice.

The smell of drugs in the hotel and elevator at times. Had another customer there that made me feel very uncomfortable especially when my kids were around.

The rooms were clean and nice.

Nice staff, easy in and out, good breakfast, great accessibility, bad holding of funds.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

The hold of funds on my debit card. I have bills to pay, I can't afford to have my money tied up like that. I owed 218, the hold was 436. Also, no big deal, but the handle fell off the shower water controller.

Great location, really great!! I couldn't get to the hotel the first night, but the staff checked me in and the room was waiting when I got there the next morning.

Given the price, the hotel was acceptable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Bathroom was very small. Building appears to be old. Breakfast was rather basic with a limit menu.

Located right off I30 very close to Six Flags and the two sport stadiums. Room was clean and comfortable.

The stay was great, just my inital experiance when checking in was horrible.

When I arrived the front desk had no record of my booking. Lady was getting extremely rude to me when I showed her all of my emails and records for my booking. I waiting about 30 minutes for her to finally give me a room and she was not happy with getting me that room.

Bed was comfy. bathroom was clean. room was clean.

Room was clean , check in and out painless but the breakfast even though free could do with some hel

The breakfast was almost non-existent, there was no coffee available and no staff to ask.

The location from the hotel to the surroundings where we were going.

They explained to us that it was a non-smoking hotel but...

They explained to us that it was a non-smoking hotel but what they do not tell you is if they find any cigarette butts or cigar residue anywhere in the hotel they're going to charge you for that as well. It does not say it on the forms that you signed but they kept my deposit anyway because I dropped cigarette butts out of the container I was using to smoke outside.

I enjoyed myself.

No smoking on balcony. I don't see the problem with allowing smoking as long as it's done on the balcony with the door closed.

The balcony was a great addition.

Breakfast was good.

Really couldn’t understand the check in staff. The payment system needs to be updated, it charged me money that it shouldn’t have and I still haven’t received it back yet

Breakfast was good. Cleaning staff were nice. Good location to the baseball stadium.

Location was great.

Not wild about the rigid check-out policy. I can understand the 11:00 check-out time, but it would be nice to accommodate people who need just a few extra minutes. We received a call at 10:53 informing us we needed to be out precisely at 11:00 because some people had requested early check in. We got a second phone call from the office at 11:15 as we were leaving the room. Relax, already.

Location was great. Fairly easy walk to the ballpark, though City of Arlington doesn't see fit to put in sidewalks to access the hotel.

Staff was very friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Our balcony door sometimes got stuck when trying to open/close it. The elevators are VERY worrisome. The carpet in the room was very stained. Vending machines on 2nd floor did not work.

Staff was very friendly. Hotel is in a great location with everything nearby. Our beds were extremely comfortable, loved the light blocking curtains in the room and heating lights in the bathroom . Air conditioner did great at cooling down our room.

Horrific will never ever stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Staff n lots of random ppl walking around

The staff was horrible at check out they entered the room held the door while we dressed and called police cause we were 10 minutes late

The location and free trolley to six flags is all this hotel...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

The hotel smells the breakfast is bad and the customer service was horrible.

The location and free trolley to six flags is all this hotel has going for it!

Awful experience...wouldn't stay there again or recommend to anyone
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds w/ Balcony- Non-Smoking

Air conditioner didn't work..all rooms booked so couldn't change things. I have asthma and extremely hot natured. Luckily we were on the 4th floor so we opened the balcony door for air,but couldn't rest because of traffic and outside lights.

Closeness to six flags

It was walking distance to the AT&T Stadium

Our keys to the room did not work after we got back from the Supercross race that was that night so we had to go to the front desk and get new keys

It was walking distance to the AT&T Stadium

Best Place Ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing not to like. Everything was absolutely amazing.

Very clean and close to Six Flags.Very nice staff helpful when needed .Room was amazing and exactly where we wanted even better than we thought. LOVED IT

I can only say the best thing about this hotel is it is...

I didn’t like that there wasn’t a variety in breakfast. I didn’t like that the staff didn’t notify us on the different hours of breakfast. I didn’t like that there wasn’t a manager on site. I didn’t like that I had things stolen from my room when I didn’t have service requested for the days that I stayed.

I can only say the best thing about this hotel is it is close to Six Flags Over Texas. It is literally walking distance.

No breakfast, things were empty not filled.

They did not allow to keep the bag at the reception as I had checked out and wanted to collect it later in the day. All these factors are available at all the other places.

No breakfast, things were empty not filled. Check in problem, as we had paid thru booking.com and it was by our company card and the boss was not with me and I had to pay as he had already done so.

It was overall ok won’t stay again tho..

Then smell in the hallways and rooms was like a old musty smell and I didn’t like the other doors that connect to the other rooms in our room. Someone tried to get in our room!!! And when we turned on the air conditioner we smelled smoke like someone was smoking and we was in a non smoking room!! Will not want to come again until it’s updated

You get what you pay for.

The breakfast was not the best, the coffee was old and that was at 7am, not very many choices on the breakfast bar either but breakfast is just always something i look forward to and not a deal breaker in the least. i think for $50 a night this is a nice, clean, friendly place that did not make me cringe or want to puke lol.

the room was clean and comfortable, we loved the balcony, you definitely get what you pay for.

Hidden fees and breakfast!

We booked the room through booking.com. The app said that we would not be charged until we got there, it easy just to hold the reservation. There was no mention of an incidental deposit or a safe deposit if you use the safe. So before I got there they charged my card for the room and safe. Then when I got there they charged another $50 for an incidental deposit! Oh they said but your $50 will be put right back on the account upon your checkout. But almost 12 hours later I still don't have access to my $50. Ridiculous! I guess I'll have to wait to see if I getit back tomorrow. As for the breakfast, it ain't nothing. Cold cereal, mini muffins, Danish, waffles, coffee,milk,juice and bananas. 😂

Quiet, clean, comfortable. Courteous & friendly staff and very accommodating to our need. Good value.