Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Augusta-Fort Gordon 3 stars

4045 Jimmie Dyess Parkway, Augusta, GA 30909, USA

#41 of 80 hotels in Augusta

Great staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wasnt super clean in room. Found spiderwebs and old bobby pins

We evacuated from the coast to Augusta because of hurricane florence. Staff was wonderful and very understanding. Room was fine .

The bed was comfy just needs a little update.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The muffins were not good. The hotel has some potential. Just needs some updates and a better cleaning, The rugs in the stairway look disguising.

The bed was comfy just needs a little update. The staff was great! I liked the options for breakfast.

I was traveling an because I got there after 12 am I...

I was traveling an because I got there after 12 am I couldn't check in because they put me as a no show. Could check in only if I paid for another night. No wasn't right

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great stay

Everything was great. I didn't have a problem with anything. No complaints

The location was very convenient. The staff was very helpful. Very clean and comfortable room and beds. Slept very good. Even enjoyed the exercise room.

I'm glad I'm home

the breakfast was horrible, no eggs, no meat the orange juice was brown, the first room they gave me was disgusting, I stripped the bed before I brought my luggage in the room, thank god I did, there was piss, blood, and bodily fluid stains on the mattress pad, totally unacceptable and unsanitary, so I went to the desk and the man Chad Patel, Gabe me a new room, which we inspected together

the location

I won't return

I was truly looking forward to my stay. However, when I sat on the bed the side went down. The shower did not work so I was forced to take a sink bath or sit directly in the tub which I am not comfortable with either one. The walls are so thin, that I had a couple who was up half the night with a crying baby and when the baby wasn't crying they were fighting and slamming doors. In between the crying baby and the fighting, the guy was singing to the baby real loud as if he was doing a concert. I would have enjoyed the breakfast if I had a decent choice. The beverage machine was out of order in which they only had a pitcher of orange juice (in which I can't drink) and a pitcher of milk in a small fridge. Only chocolate and banana muffins. Then a sign that says we have to eat all food in their area located right across from the front desk. No privacy at all. It was however clean, but I should have been given a discount or something for being so badly disturbed all night.

Pleasant, clean, and quiet hotel for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was impressed with the rooms and facility. They were very clean and smelled quite fresh. The breakfast was simple but sufficient, especially the fresh fruit. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Good hotel for the price!

Good for value, professional staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had some construction issues, there were tiles missing from the shower. It looked like they were doing construction and rented the room out anyway.

Good for value, professional staff.

would not book again

1. poor security. when we arrived back to hotel late at night, back/side doors unlocked. no key/code needed to enter building. Felt extremely creepy and unsafe 2. no blanket on bed or available in room at all...only top sheet 3. wifi not available in early AM hrs 4. charged a different fee at check out than what was verified when booked thru booking.com. concierge unable to explain why and had difficulty correcting charge.

housekeeping extremely pleasant and accommodating

It was a pleasant stay, I enjoyed my stay, and not far from a mall and shopping centers and restaura

The breakfast could have been better. There was only cereal, waffles, and bagles.

I liked the cleanliness if the hotel. It was a very nice place. I was very comfortable.

You get what you pay for, but paper thin walls are hard to ignore

Walls are paper thin. Could hear the front desk answering their phones and everything that was happening on our floor

The price is great and morning breakfast was average

Happy with the hotel and staff!

The side doors were not operational with the room key.

We were there for the Masters so we paid $ 375.00 for the room. Which is ok because we decided to spend that money. But that effects the "value for the room" answer. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean. They had beer and wine available with a happy hour! We were happy with the hotel and staff! We had a great time and appreciated their hospitality.

It was quite and the beds slept good.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

One day they didn't clean room, one day they didn't leave soap or shampoo and one day they didn't leave coffee.

It was close to Fort Gordon.

Howard Falsified

The hotel was nothing like the images seen on the website. There was mold on the roof and shower curtain. The smoke detector was broken in the room. The room had a odor. There was a 2 dollar holding fee for the card key. The towels had stains. The ice machine had mold coming out of the machine with the ice, and stains on the sheets. I hate to give a bad review, but the hotel showed false advertising and I was uncomfortable during my stay.

The staff was nice, there was a microwave and refrigerator in the bedroom.

Would not stay here again.

The room was dirty. Like it hadn’t been cleaned. I guess the maids just went in and took out trash/ made beds. The shower still had someone’s hair in it. I guess the guests before us? The bed skirt had old bbq sauce on it. So gross. Guess those don’t get cleaned either!

I will look else where if I have to go to Augusta. The staff felt anoyed with having to change rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was not friendly and the room smelled. I had to pay $2 for a room key which was supposed to be refundable. They didn't act as if they wanted to give it back. So if every visitor gives them $2 for a room key and doesn't get it back where is this money going. They advertise that you will get your money back, but catch an attitude when you ask for it.

The location to the highway and food.

got no sleep, location was shady, just gross feeling.

honestly, everything..

very disappointing stay, staff was not too friendly , the place looks dingy and stinky, the room was ok but, a bit stuffy smelling and hot, had to turn air on in winter which is fine but, the walls are so thin , my self and husband didn't get more than 2 hours sleep as it was too noisy all night and day.

The parking was great, right in front of the door everytime.

The computer lab as they called it (laptop and printer/copier) was inoperable. I took the stairs because the elevator was too slow, and the stairs we're filthy. They seemed to have just one person on staff (working front desk, managing breakfast, folding sheets, towels...).

The parking was great, right in front of the door everytime. The cost of the hotel was well below it's competitors.

I would stay in this hotel again.

You cant see the sign from the main hwy. I didn't like that my pillow cases were stained. So I was not able to use any of the pillows and felt uncomfortable sleeping in the bed.

Night front desk was very polite and accommodating. Breakfast had a nice variety.

The hotel was in a good spot surrounded by restaurants.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

My room didn’t have a fire alarm detector, the mattress was uneven meaning bottom part was lower or dips down them the top part. The furniture needs an upgrade. People were noisy late at night and cooking in their rooms which the smell bother me.

The hotel was in a good spot surrounded by restaurants.

Not what we had hoped

The breakfast was null at best. The room was dirty and had BBQ sauce on the walls. The halls were not well lit and the whole property had an unclean smell.

The only positive thing was the desk clerk was very willing to change us to a quieter room .

They did everything to make our stay enjoyable. Thanks.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Well, we could have lived without hurricane IRMA.......

We were guests at this location during the recent evacuation from Coastal South Carolina and IRMA.. Some of the previous reviews were less than stellar. GOOD NEWS-this hotel is under NEW MANAGEMENT. The new owner/manager, Mr. Chad Patel has made amazing improvements in a very short period of time. The smoke smell is gone, the carpets are clean and the towels are fresh and new. The pillow top bed was wonderful. The front desk staff (Brandon and company)and all of the housekeeping staff were friendly and smiling and took care of any requests that we had. We would definitely stay there again.

It was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough chairs outside.no umbrella.the pool was stained. The grass was tall.we had to walk threw it to get to the pool.

It was comfortable.new carpet.

2 days

The first room i had was not cleaned and i didnt feel safe. I asked if the i can get a different room and different floor. It was changed but couldn't sleep well due to people urging in different rooms.

Not thing

This hotel was awful and smell very bad!

The hotel period was disgusting, very dirty, odor, my room was dirty. It was kids next door that kept up noise all night. If was a smoke scent and I asks for an on smoking room. NEVER WILL I COME BACK!!! The staff at the desk his attitude was horrible.

This hotel was awful and smell very bad!! I will not be coming back.

Good location.

The shower had a couple bars of used soap still in it. And the sheets on the bed were soooo incredibly thin so I turned on the heat and the smoke detector started sounding!

Good location.

i liked the privacy.

i didnt like the curtains.. they let in too much light. didnt cover the window also the bed didnt have enough blankets. just had a small blanket on it

i liked the privacy. noone bothered me and it was very quiet

Didn't have eggs or meats like in the past staff...

Everthing

Didn't have eggs or meats like in the past staff didn't speak to much except Housekeepers,complained about noise all night no response

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

It has potential.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty. Coffee pot hadn't been emptied from previous guest, food in fridge, and I saw a roach. My mom left her purse but I had to wait the next day to talk to Day staff about lost and found. Breakfast was very limited. The elevator wasn't working but was fixed the next day. No air in the hallways on 3rd floor.

Overall it seemed as if it has great potential to be a good hotel because the problems were easy fixes.

Great staff, clean facility, big comfy rooms and a great location!!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I initially booked my room for five days. The first night consisted of the entire third floor (where I was) hallway being filled with marijuana smoke. I have asthma and other breathing problems. Also, the man and woman in the room next to me had to have been on their Honeymoon!! To make matters worse, their headboard was against the same wall as mine!!! Needless to say, I spoke with the manager. He charged me for the one night and refunded me the difference.

The prompt attention that the staff provided to meet my needs. The bed was made with a winter blanket and a sheet. It was made with the blanket on the bottom and the sheet on top. I don't like the blanket next to my skin or my toe nails. The staff provided me with a thin bed spread and I made the bed myself.

Wasn't very impressed, kinda disappointed.

As soon as you walk off the elevator it smelt like someone was smoking pot in the stairway. It lingered for most of the night and gave me a headache. The hallway on the 3rd floor was very warm.The pillows were awfully small for a king size bed. So glad we had brought a few extras from home.The continental breakfast was bland.

The bed was comfy & and the shower worked great.

6.0
    NEVER again at this hotel

The bathroom door didn't lock when closed. We were in room 207, the view (if that's what you wanna call it) sucked. Whenever they 're-vamped' the room the job sucked. There was spots of orange paint in different areas. The bathtub plug wasn't even in the tub. Not sure if it was gonna work in the first place. The shower head spit everywhere, not so much at the person taking a shower.

The microwave worked!! The fridge just about froze food.

Not What they said it would be!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. Air did not work properly, bottom drawers from dresser missing. Bed skirt from one bed missing. Breakfast was terrible. Back door beside the elevator stayed open (it was a key door) did not make me feel safe. Will not stay there again. I depended to much on the fact that it was a Howard Johnson, I thought they were better than that.

The bed was very comfortable!!!

Hotel near Ft. George
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of hallways and elevator. No coffee provided in room even though there was a coffee maker, no toiletries provided.

Continental breakfast, attention of the staff, specially the Hispanics one

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

I expected much better associated with the name.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk was a mess. Office area was messy. Room not well cleaned. Cigarette burns in bed spread. Smell of Marijuana in the building. Parking lot not very big.

Staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Very spacious rooms and bathrooms.

Facilities were very messy and dirty ; housekeeping did not restock toilet paper when the roll ran out and also did not change the sheets when there were noticeable stains on pillow cases and sheets; complimentary breakfast could have been a bit more bountiful not many breakfast item options.

Very spacious rooms and bathrooms. The staff were extremely kind and facility was so close to everything and anything!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

I'll use this place as a last resort.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1st of all the room needed a lot of repair, which didn't happen during our stay. There was no chair for the desk. One of the dresser drawers were broken and unusable. The hair dryer didn't work. One of the hinges on the toilet seat was broken. Which on the second day did get repaired. On our final night I asked the manager for a wake up call. I didn't realize until later on that night that there were no phones in the room. Even though the manager assured me that our room had a phone. The second lock on the door was broken. As far as breakfast was concern HJ would do better not to advertise it. Worst breakfast I have ever had at any motel. Coffee was so watered down and the main items were stale cereal and bagels. Over all I believe HJ owes me a partial refund.

The room was clean and my wife enjoyed sleeping on the mattress. The price was the only saving grace. If all your really interested in is crashing for the night, the price would temp you.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Will definately stay here again...staff friendly, pretty clean, good pricing.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Remote didn't work, bathroom spotless except missed sink top, the early rising workers kept taking all of the coffee. Need 2 coffee warmers/makers.

Upgraded at no charge...Room was clean, nice bed.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Hj

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Will stay again as I know the area, so convenience is of the utmost.

No complaints

I only grabbed milk and oatmeal for baby.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great stay

Concerned about locked exit doors on the first floor at the bottom of the stairs.

Clean and the manager was very friendly and accommodating.

Clean and the manager was very friendly and accommodating.

The beds were the best I have ever slept on

The beds were the best I have ever slept on

Room was comfortable

Breakfast was ok

Room was comfortable

Great hotel.

Great hotel. Great location

Nice place

Cable was not good at night but good during the day

It was clean the staff was nice the breakfast was nice and neat

Friendly staff, clean

Friendly staff, clean

Hot but fun

The AC didn't work well at all

It was quiet

They are nice ppls it’s clean and it’s peaceful

They are nice ppls it’s clean and it’s peaceful

I was pleased with my stay.

Breakfast selection was small.

Rooms are very clean.

Clean

No pool and breakfast wasn’t the greatest

Clean

Ok
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had a leak. Bathroom not cleaned daily

Good shower head.

Bed sunk in the middle.

Good shower head. Large room.

The room was large and spacious.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was disappointing.

The room was large and spacious.

Good!

Taking a shower, the water was not draining properly

clean room

Overall it's my choice hotel in the csra. Great staff, clean rooms and request are promptly attended

it's my choice hotel when I'

For the price I can't really complain.

Can't complain you get what you pay for.

Staff and location

I can't believe the disrespect
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My kids had to hear a group of men have sex

Area

Na

My check-in experience was amazing.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

My check-in experience was amazing. He was very nice and made sure I was very comfortable in my stay. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful.

Blood in the bed on the sheets

Night agent didn't know what he was doing

Blood in the bed on the sheets

Everything from customer service to room

N/a

Everything from customer service to room

If we have the privilege to attend the Masters again, I would not hesitate to stay at this location.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No comment

We booked last minute for the Masters and were very happy with our choice.

It was quick and no major problems

There a little bit of mold on the ceiling of the bathroom around the shower or maybe it was mildew have no idea I didn’t touch it and check.

Was cheap. U get what u pay for

Bed was terrible. No comforter just a sheet

Free beer and wine

The check-in was very pleasant!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The check-in was very pleasant!

The staff were very friendly.

The staff were very friendly. For breakfast there was a good variety of choices. The hotel was very clean. Close to restaurants and activities.

N/a

The staff chad patel

Wife was not happy with room, and I will agree with her

No couch or extra seat in room beside a desk seat.

No Opinion on this, needed a cheap room, and this was a great price.

Very comfortable and affordable

Cleaneds.brkefest.friemdly

Would not recommend until renovations were considered and completed.

Dark, dirty, and smelled like smoke.

If your passing through good for 1 night if you don't mind loosing sleep.

The bed and bedding.