Reviews of Motel 6 Cedar Rapids Airport This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

616 33rd Avenue Southwest, Cedar Rapids, IA 53404, United States of America

#26 of 33 hotels in Cedar Rapids

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Just passing through
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Microwave and fridge would be nice.

The price. We drove 12 hrs and needed a room to crash for the night. It’s a cheap room folks. It served its purpose for us. There’s no microwave or fridge. There’s plenty of other hotels around if you’re looking for nice, this isn’t it. There’s coffee in the am but NO breakfast. McDs is literally in the parking lot. We’d stay again just passing through.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Close to gas station and food.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The air hardly worked. We had to get another room right away. Plus pay $10 extra dollars for my new room with better air conditioner.

Close to gas station and food. Friendly and helpful stuff.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Dissatisfied
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Non smoking room stunk like cigarettes!!! So bad that I couldn’t fall asleep and I was exhausted! Additionally, bathroom was gross! Floor was dirty and also around toilet, pee evident!!! Showered with my slippers on!

Security as far as door was locked after a certain time and the front desk had cameras all around

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The worst Motel 6 ever!
    • Standard Room - Smoking

First of all, we booked a queen size room. What we got was a room that used to have a queen size bed in it that they shoved a double size bed on the frame. Cracked my shin on that by the way. The bathroom there was hair behind the door that was not ours. The table next to the bed was still sticky. Why was there only one table in there on this side of the bed? You could clearly see there used to be two. That double sized bed? Was as hard as a rock. The pillows, did they come from the dollar store? The blanket barely covered the bed, much less two people. The television? I swear that was from the 90s. That was definitely an old television with an awful picture. It might have only been $50, but where I come from, that same $50, gets you a decent room. With the queen size bed and decent pillows. We went to a different Motel 6 on our route to Montana, 600 miles away spent a little bit more money, and the room is 100 times nicer. The pillows are great, the bed is very comfortable, huge shower clean bathroom very nice sink area, more than two towels to bu the way! And the TV, is brand new. 32in. Much bigger room. Much nicer. And the pictures that you showed of your Motel, was nothing in real life like the pictures.

I like the young lady that checked us in and that was it.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

The cost.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Scratchy towels and washcloths. Tube tv. No microwave or fridge. The stale cigarette smell in the non smoking room. The smell of pot in the hallways. My key card had to be reset everyday I was there. Twice a day a couple of times.

The cost. For $10 a day more the Baymont across the street is very much worth it.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

It was safer than sleeping in my car? The bath tub was...
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms had moldy walls and smelled bad, almost like urine. Also, the cleaning staff clearly overlooked stains.

It was safer than sleeping in my car? The bath tub was surprisingly really clean.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Don't leave the light on....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Burn holes in the carpet a non smoking room. Not enough towels old old TV... did I say smoking room that we were told it was a non smoking room? Horrible beds very uncomfortable and no breakfast. I have paid that same rate and had breakfast.

Not a whole lot.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

The staff handled the situation perfectly and even...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The area was not the best and there was a couple fighting on the halls and the cops had to come. The building and rooms are also very outdated.

The staff handled the situation perfectly and even apologized the next day. The room was clean and the staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Best kept and managed motel 6 ive stayed in

Some rooms did have carpet but ive come to expect that this far up north.seems to be the norm

Beds were newer and fluffy pillows. Unlike motel 6's ive been to in past. Staff was great, rooms clean, smelled clean and took pride in place.pets stay free which was great

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Won’t stay again

No breakfast/doors except front door lock at 9:00 so had to walk along ways just to take our dogs out/no amenities /had to have our card keys redone several as they wouldn’t work

Bed

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

great value for the price

the noise from other guest kept me up all night seem to be a little busy. The air didn't work too well thankful that it wasn't too hot outside. the bed wasn't that comfortable but I made it work. I did not know that animals were allowed so I had to be careful were I walked outside some of the guest did not pick up after there dogs.

I Loved the location right off the freeway. I also like that it was surrounded by restaurants in walking distance. The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

when we arrive we have to wait for the Receptionist to assist us when we arrive, saying she's assisting other customer but seen her with cleaner and used sheets, we have to call some freshener when you enter the room its smell musky, smell smoke in the hallway to the room, I have to call and ask for a hairdryer, really!!

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Wish i would have slept in my truck and saved the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1.Tv did not work. 2.shower did not work was like being spit on. 3.sheets and pillow cases were dirty when i arrived. Neighbors were up all night yelling could not sleep.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Felt like I stayed in the ghetto
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Old, outdated. Noisy, uncomfortable beds. People fighting in halls, police investigation at front desk in AM, cars full of trash to roof in parking lot. After a 4 AM complaint to front desk I was told I would get a refund. At checkout at 11,AM I was told no notes were left about a refund, so now they can't do anything for me

Central location to restaurants and gas station.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

I would stay there again, I would just bring a can of air freshener.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled like cigarettes, and the hallway smelled like cigarettes. When I ran the microwave the TV reception disappeared.

The room was reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

I’m so very happy that they allowed my german shepherd to be...
    • Standard Room - Smoking

The first night there the hallway reeked of smoke from a cigarette. The second night they had been able to get rid of the scent mostly.

I’m so very happy that they allowed my german shepherd to be allowed in with me. She’s a great traveling companion for me and I love to have her at my side.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Walls and floors are rather thin, so if you have rooms above or below you, you will most likely hear other patrons. We happened to have some VERY noisy ones above us both nights, but ear plugs will help you sleep!

It has a great location off the interstate and the lobby was very welcoming and clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly, and the building is tucked a little bit off the road so it is quieter. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, but no breakfast if that's what you're looking for. It is by several fast food options, and plenty of restaurants just a short drive away.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

It's what I needed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walls are pretty thin and I could hear several of my neighbors. Coffee ends at 10 AM but nobody told me that at check-in.

The heater kept me warm and helped drown out other noise. No weird smells this time in the room!

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Good price point for a short (6hour) stop on trip.

Hotel is old and badly in need of renovation. Toilet chipped and grungy looking, even though it was clean. Carpets old and weary. Bedding threadbare. No shampoo in room.

Location and price were factors in choosing this hotel

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

I will always choose this Motel 6 for the money since I am on a budget!

The cigarette smell sometimes. The scratchy towels but I always bring my own when I stay here.

For the money I paid per night it was a great value! Even though it is a non-smoking facility I could smell cigarette smoke in the hallway sometimes. The staff is very nice and accommodating. I always bring my own towels as theirs are a little scratchy. But other than that I enjoyed my stay. There are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby so that is a plus!

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Couldn't beat the price, but it wasn't super-relaxing because of questionable maintenance practices.

The double-pane glass in both of our rooms were mildewed in between the panes. Understandable, but didn't lend itself to an impression of overall cleanliness. One of the bathrooms had a wet floor.

There was a small exercise room that was not mentioned in the facility description online. The bed was comfortable and the bathrooms in both of our rooms were clean, though one had a maintenance issue.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Aweful, Unsafe, Lots of Druggies - Go Someplace Else..
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Managers making an effort to patrol property, managers making sure no loitering in hallways, managers making sure hotel not being used as a brothel and managers ensuring guests stay is safe..

Awful, awful, awful... Smell of pot everywhere and police on site regularly for numerous issues. Managers did nothing to remedy problems, people loitering in hallways and I felt unsafe staying there as woman traveling alone. People checking in 'by the hour' and lots of noise while they are 'doing it'...No security for parking lot and vagrants hanging around vehicles, apparently only one security camera and not in parking lot. Price was reasonable so I'm guessing that is why. If you don't mind the sub-standard accommodations, it's better than sleeping in your car... Honestly, spend more money to stay somewhere else... I paid for a week in advance and left 2 days early due to all the problems there.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

It's a Motel 6 folks . . . if you're looking for a Ritz Carlton experience keep driving.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room decor and facilities are dated, walls are thin, but the room was clean and facilities were functional. Also, check in / check out was efficient. Hallways present the smell of smoke, however upon arriving in our room - no smoking applied. Again, you get what you pay for.

Value - sure beats the comparative cost per stay for name brand chains in town or in a neighboring city. While I wouldn't recommend you stay at this property for your honeymoon, the money you save might be applied towards a honeymoon in a favorite destination.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

The staff was friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We requested a nonsmoking room due to my daughters asthma. The hall and room smelled of smoke as well as there being a strong, off putting, nasty lingering smell in the room requiring us to open the window to air out the room and go to the Walmart down the street to purchase room fresheners. The smell gave my daughter a headache and we had to leave the room while we aired it out with the open window. Staff was friendly, however, we couldn't change rooms and were told the motel was full.

The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

All good except 1 thing
    • Standard Room - Smoking

The fact that after 9pm we couldn't enter the closest entry to our room we had to enter through the front office door and walk all the way to the other end of the motel to our room! Very inconvenient!!!

Almost everything

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Friendly staff, great location, and fair prices made my trip enjoyable.

The security system drops your card frequently, which means trips to the front desk to reset the system to accept your card both at the side entrances and your room. Some rooms may be smaller than you'd hope for, but the comfort is well worth the stay.

The convenience and location of the hotel made my trip a snap! A little confusing at first having to drive through the McDonald's property to access the hotel, but got easier as I ventured out with my wife. Got a good deal for the room, and would gladly do it again in the future.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Stayed here twice (2016, 2017). Consistently good value for the money.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

My room was not cleaned every day. The cleaning personnel seemed reluctant to do so even when I specifically requested the service: they offered to do minor things like change towels instead.

Quiet rooms. Irons and ironing boards provided upon request. Several fast-food options within walking distance. Downtown within a 10-minute drive. Acces to a major highway less than a mile away. Airport close by.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

I really dont wanna say
    • Standard Room - Smoking

First of all the night front desk guy did something that scared me when i went to get ice. I was on 2nd floor it was about 2 something a.m. coming back from ice machine he was letting this to me look like a drug dealer in from exit door. It freaked me out. I have sleep paralysis really bad. So a few hours later when i woke up for the day my boyfriend and I was so beaten up by bugs. i went down and asked the manager if she could move me downstairs. first of all she was rude about it until i should her my bites. i went to bingo later that evening and when i got back my room key was deactivated so i went down to front desk but no one was at desk. I had to wait to me too long. So the front desk guy from night before came in but could not clock in at that time. Im thankful that he jumped over counter and redid my key. So after having to wait too long to get in my room i over slept 10-15 after 11 a.m. the house keeper bang on my door it freaked me out and said im passed check out time. i asked her to give 5 minutes i was just waking up. when i went to check i told the manager about the guys being let in on 2nd floor by desk clerk which that was so ood when you guys have a front entrance. She got so defensive and rude and told me when i asked gen.manager contact number, she i dont apprecaite you yelling at housekeeper wheen she trying to get into the room. I was like no i didnt and what do that have to do with what i went thru last night . happen to not being able to get in my room cuz your front desk clerk was out doing i dont know what. I talked to my attorney for awhile but im not that kind of person to get anyone in trouble. All i have to say when i asked for general manager number she got really mad and said im band from motel 6..... If i wanted to i could've wrote all kinds of bad reviews cause that wasnt fair or right at all, but I didnt

how respectful the young woman was that checked me in. upfront they had to change my room because of bed bugs. thats life tho things happens.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Weekend Getaway
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

People were checking ouy late or not at all and prevented us from being able to check in and had to wait.

The staff was very accommodating and attentive to I and my husband.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

I'd Say that I've stayed in worse places but this tops it
    • Standard Room - Smoking

How the cable would not work

I liked how we hear the people next-door having sex the whole time and the fact guy at the front desk being disrespectful and awkward. It hear the people next-door having sex the whole time and the fact guy at the front desk being disrespectful and awkward.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Alright
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No mini fridge, no microwave, no Kleenex, looked like ceiling was going to fall on us, and we were on 2nd floor

It was set back off the road, and fairly quiet

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

One night was more than rnough
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hall and room had an oder, the beds were not comfortable, bathroom extremely small. The worst part was when booking I said we were a family of 5 and they were not able to accommodate an extra bed.

Parking was great and so was the staff

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Clean, comfortable and would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't get the tv volume to increase. It only would get so loud.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Not bad for the price coulda had more appliances
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

loud people in parking lot kept us up all night all week no microwave or fridge could only enter from main entrance after nine pmw

the house keepers were nice

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

It was OK as I sai for the price but I would not rebook there at Motel 6
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Towels were quite small and not what I am used to. Could have been BATH size. The soap was extremely small so glad I had brought my own.

It was OK for the price and that is about it

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

It was not that good they had bums asking for money out by the cars and the fresh blood on the sheet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was blood on the sheets I have pics to send so I took the sheet off the side I was sleeping on didnt wanna say nothing to the staff at the desk but I was not happy at all it was disgusting to have blood that was fresh and not a clean sheet and the card would not work on the 2nd day I had to get a new one

It was OK for or tournament for location

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Clean, kind, friendly I'd highly recommend
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Went to walk in the side door closest to my room and stepped in dog poop right where the key pad entry was. NOT PLEASED! staff immediately cleaned up.

Staff was extra kind and very out going. Willing to help me with issues I had. Great experience!

• Reviewed: July 22, 2017

Unfortunately the only things I enjoyed about this hotel was...

Pretty much, unless you just came to sleep and do not have a lot of luggage, EVERYTHING!

Unfortunately the only things I enjoyed about this hotel was the staff and location. The young man who checked us in was tremendous but that was about it. The room had an awful layout including a bathroom sink which was just inside the front door. Not only could you barely get inside the room with your luggage, luggage which thanks to absolutely NO luggage carts had to be lugged in by me alone although the young man DID carry in my cat cage, you practically bumped into the sink unit when you entered. My pets could have easily hidden in the exposed compartments and gotten OUT. There was no reason it needed to be there and should have been included with the rest room. Also parking and access to our room was deplorable. Although we did park close to a door/entrance way to the hotel, you had to walk a very long way down the hall to your room. My mother is handicapped and I did not appreciate carrying all luggage down 19 rooms. There was once a gorgeous lobby where breakfast USED to be served. That too is no more. Overall I was VERY unhappy with my stay. The bed and young man who checked us in were about the ONLY comfortable things about it.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Don't, just don't
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is well aged and smells terrible (mixture of cigarette and dirty dog). It seems like a low level housing project. Not fit for a family to stay.

Staff were courteous enough to refund our money. My rating show 2.9, don't flatter yourself booking.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Super well lit!

The walls could use some updating! Smelled like smoke! But overall GREAT hotel for the price!

Super well lit! Many tv channel available! Close to Mcdonalds!

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Kind staff, broken outside entrance and non functioning bolt on my own door left me feeling unsafe
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The outside door near my room was broken, as was the bolt on my door. As a single female traveling alone this was disconcerting. The noise of doors slamming shut til after midnight affected my ability to sleep. Staff was kind about this and did let guests know about the broken outside door. It felt unsafe too as there were signs everywhere about deadbolting one's door. Whew.

Bed was very comfortable. Wifi worked fairly well.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Great place for the money!
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hair dryer had come off the wall and hadn't been replaced, but front desk gave us one upon request.

More than we expected for a budget minded motel. GREAT staff friendliness, decent, clean room with good TV,and clean working shower.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Would not recommend if you want a clean comfortable place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Bed was broke down and badly water stained. Very uncomfortable. Chair was broken. Floor was not clean. Cable tv kept going in and out.

Bed was hard and very stained and dirty. The only thing we can say good is the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Hallway was not vacuumed.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Hallway was not vacuumed. Pipes were exposed. The was dated not kept. There drunks hanging out in the parking lot. It appeared illegal activity occurred on site.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

It was easy to check in, the location was by a lot of places...
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We got to the room our fridge didn't work so I asked if we could get another room that had a fridge and so we got another room but we had to pay extra for something that was not our fault, so next time something like that happens we should NOT have to be charged for it.

It was easy to check in, the location was by a lot of places to eat.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Just ok
    • Standard Room - Smoking

Plumbing is rusted old and toilet stained Toleit seat needed replacing cracked and stained. was lumpy pillows were limp bags of rags. Did not get room promised. Booked smoking standard room got. Single queen non smoking. Staff blamed booking dot com. No interest in trying to fix problem. Gave me a dollar discount to compensate. Really? Insaults don't fix anything. Man at desk was polite. But did not take ownership for results.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2017

Price was only thing good about it
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Bed Bugs! Changed rooms. Even second room had bed bugs. The bed covers were torn and mattress cover had dried blood on it! It was gross. Room was dirty. Needed vacuum badly. Had there been any vacancies we it 20 miles radius I would have changed hotels. Overall condition of prpoetry was poor.

Close to lication I was visiting.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

You get what you pay for
    • Standard Room - Smoking

Other than the front door, there is no access to the building after a certain time. To get in the front door you have to ring a bell to get someone to let you in. We were in the very last room on the other end of the facility. This motel is LONG! If you have a considerable amount of luggage it would be terrible. Also it is way outdated.

It was cheap

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Bed bugs and crackhead pay by the week motel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Disgusting sticky carpet, beds were rock hard, pillows were smelly and flat from over use. It's a pay by the week motel to crackhead, Black mold all over the bathroom, towels were rock hard and stiff.

Nothing this is a run down rent by the week to crackhead establishment. Bed bugs!!!

• Reviewed: February 16, 2017

We went in cautious, but were pleasantly surprised
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was springy, especially the side with the night stand. The blanket between the sheet and comforter was tiny and had weird texture (stuck in place). I don't know if the bathroom could have been any smaller, but it worked for us old married folks.

There was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. Also facial tissue. Things that some of the reviews said the room didn't have.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Cedar Rapids, the City of Five Smells
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpets could have been vacuumed a little harder. The bed coverings were old and had some stains, and the mattresses were okay but not very firm. There were strange smells everywhere: room upon entering, hallways, and especially that microfridge. The freshest smelling place was the exercise room, which really did smell nice (maybe it was from the guest laundry tucked in there too).

The front staff were always nice to me day or night. The front-door only policy after 9 PM was annoying but it probably reduces disturbances. It was quiet; no parties, screaming kids or barking dogs. I liked that they honored my request for a ground floor room near a door for my mother in her 70s who uses a handicap permit. Unexpectedly, our room had a microfridge, something that was in some pictures but not advertised for all rooms. Plenty of hot water. Good price for 2 nights. Just like Tom Bodett says, they left the light on for me.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2017

cheap for the price that's about it
    • Standard Room - Smoking

Night watch guy made rude comments after asking why my family was leaving at 4am. When checking in was told I reserved a different kind of room then what I had reserved online.

It was cheap

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

excellent overnighter for me

no elevator.

The staff is very friendly and helpful!!!. I like the location next to a variety restaurants. And the easy access to the highways in the area.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2017

It was clean and quiet.
    • Standard Room - Smoking

Only thing was I didn't like the fact that after nine the other entry ways was not accessible and my room was on the other side of the hotel.

It was clean and quiet. I like the fact that they take extra steps to keep their customers safe.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2016

Extremely Upset Customer
    • Standard Room - Smoking

I have been staying at Motel 6 quite often. I am currently homeless, and whenever I got extra cash rounded up, it felt good to get a room, and get cleaned up. Most recently, I had been staying there the past 2 nights. Even recommended a friend to stay there and he did. I had a room reserved for New Year's Eve for my children and I to spend the night together and ring in the new year. As I approached the front desk on Saturday morning to ask if instead of waiting until 3 to check into my other room if I could just switch the rooms at that time because I would have rented the same room I had been in, but it was already sold out. I was told by the front desk attendant that I was no longer allowed to stay there. I was completely caught off guard. In fact so much so, it brought tears to my eyes. About 3 weeks ago, my children's father had stayed there, invited me over, and unfortunately he didn't behave correctly and the CRPD did a room search on his room. I admit, I had been visiting him. However, I was not charged with anything, nothing was found on me, and I did not get into any trouble from the police that day. I had to stay in that motel room for HOURS waiting with one police officer so they could get the search warrant even issued. After the police had left that day (December 10, 2016) I in fact still hung around in the kitchen/dining area because again, I am homeless and really had no where to go. At that time, I chatted with the front desk attendant, she went so far as allowing me to put my boyfriend's back packs and pillows in the lost and found because I was walking on foot and he had quite a bit. I also had stepped outside to smoke a cigarette and the gal that informed me today (December 31st, 2016) that I was no longer allowed to stay there, was out shoveling. we carried on a conversation as well. I apologized to her for what had happened and expressed how embarrassed I was.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

Spend more. You'll be sorry if you stay here.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The check-in clerk was unfriendly, bordering on rude. Even the question of where might I find a cocktail nearby was met with a snarl and, "I don't drink." (I didn't really ask if he did.) The motel room stunk, an odd odor beyond musty. The toilet leaked all over the floor and the shower did not drain. These two things would be evident to the cleaning staff.

This place was easy to find.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2016

Bad place don't go there

The score says 2.5 not even a -1 rating should be given to this place.. Total drug infested place..I Was met in the hall with k9 drug sniffing dog at each and every room...BAD Place!! If my wife had been with me I would have gone on to another place. Doors were unable to be secured. ..Was a non smoking room however stale smoke was very present...Horrible horrible horrible!!

• Reviewed: October 23, 2016

Almost turned away after 350 mile drive
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Thin blankets and the last second requirement of photo identification at the check in desk. My companion could have very easily not have had hers. It was indicated only at the check in desk that we may not be able to checked in without her ID .

Affordability wss excellent. Staff was very friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2016

Great place to crash on a tight budget
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Had kind of a cigarette smell and everything seemed a little old, like the tv and ac, small bathroom. But those weren't deal breakers for me, considering how little I paid on this occasion.

It was right next to a main road, beds were clean and comfortable, the staff were really relaxed (nothing they did was forced or rehearsed), it was a great deal for the money, I'd stay there again!

• Reviewed: September 19, 2016

Easy to please traveler happy with cheap simplicity.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

There was a big generator that looked like it was firing things up. And a table lamp might have needed a bulb. But, hey, who cares? I'm there to sleep and get up and be on my way.

I am easy to please. I like simple, cheap, comfortable, clean and friendly. This was all 5. Particularly cheap. If you need to spend more, there are plenty of options within walking distance.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2016

Good Motel, if you don't have much Money and don't have a Flight to catch.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The name "Motel 6 Cedar Rapids Airport" is not remotely correct. It is 5 miles away in the city. Crazy. The room was pretty shabby. Not the worst, but not so good. Innflux internet is terrible. I gave a bad score for location, because it is not anywhere near the airport!

You get what you pay for. Office decor and staff were good. It was cheaper than other motels in the area.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

Services good
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

No Refrigerator, microwave,and Iron. On Sunday night the card couldn't open the door, i had to walked up and down three times the hall way and stairs before getting the man in the office to come along and see what was going on, he also try over and over and could not get the door open, he offer to give me another room which i didn't feel good about because i had my everything in the locked room (239), he continued again to try a few times and finally got the room door opend.

The prize was good, housekeeping,and comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2016

Good, clean motel that does what it needs to with no frills.
    • Standard Room - Smoking

There were no hairdryers available for guests - a personal pet hate of mine! Other than that I was happy with everything within this motel & room. The location itself - there isn't much to do in Cedar Rapids itself, I was stopping off here before heading onto Chicago in the morning and so location wise there isn't much around!

The room was relatively small but a perfect size for one or two people. There was a mini fridge and a TV with multiple channels, the bed was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was clean & worked well. The car park is huge, as is the motel itself.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2016

My home away from home.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. No complaints.

The location was close to family I was visiting,it was quite and had all the amenities that made my stay more comfortable for a first time solo traveler.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

A/C unit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I requested a non-smoking area and we didn't sleep well because it was a smell of cigarettes.

A/C unit

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Staff
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Room and hallway smelled like mildew

Staff

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Cheap, clean and comfortable.

The motel is old and feels a bit rundown, would be a lot nicer if they gave it an update.

Cheap, clean and comfortable. Was good for the night.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Price

Couldn't get in the side doors at 7 am

Price

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Sucked. Slums

Air conditioner extremely loud. Lady at front desk was rude. No clock, pictures, soaps. Terrible.

Everything was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needed a fridge and microwave

Everything was good

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Didnt like
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The smell of marijuana in the halls. Supposed to be no smoking, but the smell filled the halls.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Great value and ideal location for food and the freeway !

No complaints !

Bed extremely comfortable. No lumps. Very happy for the value !

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor was wet, don’t know how it happened, and has caused the undesirable smell.

Good value.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

3.5
    Terrible

Everything was bad

The walls weren't painted the carpet was dirty the towels were old and very worn

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

very comfortable and just what I needed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very comfy and food was just across the street