Reviews of Clarion Inn & Suites Kissimmee/ Lake Buena Vista South 3 stars

#177 of 300 hotels in Kissimmee

5.6

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Beware bad service

They were in the middle of a remodel. They put us in a room that wasn't finished. The toilet wouldn't flush, no hot water and fridge wasn't cooling. Ice machine on 2nd floor wasn't working. Went down to get plunger didn't have one and maintanance didn't come in until 9 am. Called front desk at 6 am. When I went down to look for a working toilet front desk pointed me to a bathroom, no toilet paper in bathroom, went back and front desk person was rude, then took me to another bathroom in fitness area, that bathroom had holes in walls and baseboard was stapled to wall, no way to wash hands. Told front desk when I checked out said manager would call and they never did.

Remodel looks like it will be good when finished.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Clean and good valuie for the money you pay.

I did not like the fact that today when I was checking out at 4:30 AM there was no one in the front desk. I needed to collect a $50.00 deposit that I made in cash. My flight was for 6:00 A,M and I could not get through front desk it was all closed. I had to call Choice Reservations Department fpor assistance and finally at 5:15. The front desk agent appeared and apologized, open the door , I gave my keys but walked out without my $50 deposit, because accoording to her there was no sysytem. She promissed to reimbursed my credit card. We'll see.

Clean and good valuie for the money you pay. Great location and breakfast included

The stuff was friendly
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

For 20 nights the WiFi did not work at all and when we ask about more you hear more and more excuses. The house keeping is not professional at all. Even the laundry room didn't work for the whole stay. Wouldn't come here again

The stuff was friendly

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

3.0
    brutal

Staff the rooms the breakfast everything

Didn't like it had to check out early no Internet connection on in reception staff very grumpy staff didn't care they didn't even try and make any effort to help you and tge breakfast was rotten

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Bed was comfortable, I love the mirror over the vanity.

The floor didnt look dirty but it made my feet black. The room was kind of dark, the lamps didnt brighten the room as much as i wanted it too.

Bed was comfortable, I love the mirror over the vanity. Lovely room, very modern

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Comfortable, but place is severely run down, would NOT recommend

Nowhere to plug coffee machine, no WiFi, hairdryer not working, telephone not working. No maid service on 2nd day. Addressed the issues from day 1 at reception and the telephone was finally fixed on Thursday but nothing else. We left Saturday! Horrid cheap quality breakfast too.

Slept well due to very comfortable bed.

Room had nice updates and beds were comfortable

The A/C did not work very well and would blow my curtains up causing a lot of light to come in during the mornings

Room had nice updates and beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

A great experience away from home.

Whenever we were getting breakfast and the milk ran out no more was provided. .

Everything else was great the staff was very friendly and spoke to each guest. You tend to notice little thing like that when you are staying away from home. Keep up the good work. I will be back again.

It was 13min from Disney world, restaurants and shopping a...

The rooms and beds were very comfortable. The only thing that would look questionable is the exterior where you park your car and look on to the hotel

It was 13min from Disney world, restaurants and shopping a short drive

Comfy beds, good showers, plenty of options for breakfast,...

Wifi did not work in my room, water tastes like chlorine and staff did not advise not to drink water, free shuttle bus to theme parks ran at odd times

Comfy beds, good showers, plenty of options for breakfast, free shuttle to theme parks

Will DEFINITELY stay here again when visiting DW

Breakfast was fairly typical, so having a few more options wouldn't hurt.

Not sure when room remodeling took place, but the exterior (which is typical of Clarion's) looks mediocre at best...BUT the room was really great. Definitely looked like a room I would expect to pay MUCH more for. Bed was comfortable, showering was good. A hidden gem for sure.

The beds were fantastic.

Too much construction. Didn't interrupt my sleep but it made the property look bad.

The beds were fantastic. The room was very clean. The staff were amicable and assisted us when we needed help. The pool was clean and the hot tub was deliciously warm. Breakfast was also great.

Out of 10 I rate u 6

The room was okay but had a lot of out dates stuff plus toilet we had to plunge twice the upstairs bathroom wouldn't drain when u take a shower the carpet was real dirty.

Value for your money. Perfect for short stays.

Outdoor bathrooms near the pool are in a disgusting state.

As many people stated here before, don't expect much of the breakfast. Some limp sausages, over-cooked scrambled eggs, "fine" coffee and orange juice, waffles and bread/bagels + cereals and milk. Location is quite OK, only 20min away from Disney. Outdoor (pool) bathrooms emulate the ones at a gas station and would recommend to go to the one in your room if you haven't checked out yet.

Will not move to Florida

Overall the front desk staff were helpful, but I was disappointed because I requested a king bed and was told it was reserved for me. After checking in I was told that I reserved two queens beds. The room was newly renovated and clean, but no racks to hang your cloths in the closet. The hotel is on the East side of town, and how/where outside of the rooms are located, they look like an run down motel. Something needs to be done to change the outer appearance of the rooms to give them ambiance. The pool and hot tub needs to be redone and not smell like BM. My overall stay was alright, for the price of the room, but I will not move to Florida.

The house keeping supervisor was very friendly and accommodating. I appreciate the hot breakfast every morning. and the area was clean. The coffee was horrible, it tasted like real mud Please do not use that band of coffee.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Ckean room

The a/c units drained all over the side walks so the side walks were covered in water. Very dangerous. Our roo. Was in the VERY back where rooms were being renonivated. They kept pouring water off the upper floor walkways and it was very dark at night. Breakfast was not very good.

The staff were all very friendly and the room was clean.

Comfortable once i was relocated to a new room. Inside room was real nice. Outside not presentable.

The AC did not work in the room. Ended up having to pack everything i unloaded to switch to another room. Also had to go to the frobt office to pick up the new key instead of them bringing it to me. Parking lot of hotel had alot of dips and pot holes. Lot's of remodeling/ construction.

Room was remodeled. Waffles were good, lady at front desk was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

When we checked in at 1am after driving all day the man at...

When we checked in at 1am after driving all day the man at the front desk was horrible!!!! The room had been paid ahead of time. However he demanded a “resort fee” that hadn’t been included. There wasn’t supposed to be any additional charges. He said if I didn’t pay it I would not be able to stay the 1 night I had paid . Not to mention I am traveling with 2 kids!

disappointed

Things like table , mirror and the water stopper in the sink, dirty floors , hair in bathtub. , dirty and stained linen , old and broken towels then they want to charge $50 if u broke something when u don't get a good a nice room , Stayed 3 hrs and left . I hope they returned my money soon . why I have to wait four days ?

The actual room was very clean and recently updated.

The property on the outside looks rundown. However there are renovations going ton to the rooms. I didnt like the bags of garbage i saw just laying around. The grass was not cut and the parking lot neeeds redone. On first glance I was going to cancel my reservation on arrival and stay elesewhere. However, when I got to my room it was clean Fresh and modern. I didnt like they authorized a hold charge of $122 dollars on my card after I gave a $50 deposit. Lastly the breakfast for me was terrible only high carb foods. I probally wont stay again. They charged a resort fee and this PLACE IS FAR FROM A RESORT. I wont stay there again. But its great for people with alot of kids trying to bring their kids to Disney on a budget. The rooms are clean and its a place to shower and sleep do not exoect anything more.

The actual room was very clean and recently updated. Jean at check in and out was very nice and honest. He removed an additional charge that was placed on my card. Also he was honest and gave me back my deposit when I forgot it just laying on the counter. He had it for me when I returned to retrieve it.. Jean provided Eccellent customer service.

Can do better if they work on cleaning.

Carpet was very dirty and walking over for just 10 mnts made my feet black. Cleaning team has to do some deep cleaning of the carpet. Also rooms at back of the hotel get no wifi signal. Would be nice if they extend the breakfast time till 10.00 am.

Facilities were fine.

Loved how clean the rooms were everyday & the beds were...

Some neighbors were loud very early in the morning but that's not the places fault just other customers without common courtesy of others.

Loved how clean the rooms were everyday & the beds were always made. Awesome room service

Loved the room itself

The outside of the hotel does not match the rooms. The rooms are nice, clean, and updated. The outside and parking lot need to match the rooms

The room was clean and bed was comfortable

A decent place to stay with comfy beds.

The bathtubs are extremely slippery as is the concrete around the property. The AC units leak onto the ground making it and the stairs wet. No elevator, breakfast was mediocre, the location was at the opposite end of where we ended up doing activities at, but it has good places near it also.

Cara and Carl were helpful, Frances is very nice too. Beds are comfortable, touch light mirrors are an added touch, and the pool is nice. We enjoyed the tv, microwave, and fridge in the room too. Another bonus is the power outlets on the lamp.

I would not be staying here again.

The pool was disgusting, the fitness center was outdated and dirty. The outside looked creepy and dirty. Granted I think the hotel is still in the middle of remodel but it makes the hotel and the surrounding area scary and unsafe.

The remodeled room was the ONLY decent thing i liked about this hotel & the fact that it was close to mostly everything. I was originally supposed to stay here 5 nights, we left early and only stayed 2 and switched hotels.

Definitely not the Ritz, but was OK. Should have been better considering it was $90.

We arrived early evening, the hotel looked very run down on the outside and the parking lot was poorly lit. The Lobby was strangely set up with the front desk being all the way in the left corner as you came in the front door and the decor was old and outdated. Strange retro seating just seemed very odd and out of place. Room numbers were barely visible from ground level making it difficult to locate our room. Garbage (chicken bones) and cigarette butts strewn on stairway and sidewalk to room.

front desk clerk was VERY friendly and pleasant. Beds were comfortable, room appeared

Great rooms and location, bad breakfast - eat elsewhere.

The breakfast buffet was included. If it was me I would not offer this because of the following: deserts were expired, you may get sick from eating that. The warm food pans (2) were empty most of the time. One thing we did appreciate was milk and cereals. The hotel is good, clean and it has a pool and it's a convenient location, but the breakfast has ruined our experience.

We loved the room itself. It was recently renovated and very clean.

Not disappointed at all

The adjourning room door did not feel secure to me; even though they sealed it. The door did not look to be closed.

The staff was very friendly. The room was updated and clean: and all for a good price.

Welcome to the bates motel and Norman is my name. This what I would say about it.

Lots of construction not family friendly it be close until construction is completed. You never told me that a security deposit is required it was the worst stay ever on the sign it say suite it’s not it just a regular hotel nothing nice. False advertising don’t got to this hotel. They are totally un concern you are a number there it don’t give you a feeling of welcome she never smiled. It reminds me of a movie like the bates motel very creepy.

The room was clean

I didn’t stay at all not with kids in those conditions

Hotel súper dirty cigarettes floating on the pool and room dirty hair on the floor and lights didn’t work .. front desk guy super rude and not helpful at all . Even the lobby was dirty

would not recommend this hotel to any one that is handicap,

very noisy air conditioner, every time the fan turned on it woke us up. i requested a handicap accessible room . i guess there wasn't any left. a lot of people there the first night. the second day there was 3 to 4 cars at the whole place. i asked if we could switch to a handicap room, she said there wasn't any available.my husband could not take a shower. there wasn't even a grab bar.

. staff was pleasant.

Great facility

Breakfast was sad, no water on the premises for drinking, rough towels.

Bed was comfortable, everything in the room was new, looked sophisticated. Mini fridge and microwave in the room

Excellent stay. Definitely recommend.

First time at this hotel it was a nice experience, the rooms were very clean, employees were very helpful and friendly. The location was excellent near a lot of shoppings and restaurants. 15 minutes to Walt Disney parks. Will definitely be staying here next time we visit.

Horrible experience

3 days in a row had to go get clean towels and toilet paper because they never service room. Floors in room dirty upon checking in. Very noisy facility. Outside area debris everywhere. Pool dirty hot tub broken

Wait until the dust settles. Not quite there yet.

It was in thw process of renovation. Old furniture was every where. Standing water in the walk ways. Room looked new with furniture but towel rack came off the wall. Fridge and Microwave were holdovers from old rooms. Were dirty and fridge had mold spots and smelled from being stored. The microwave was unplugged and could not reach the wall socket .There were unused rooms fenced off with stacks of room items inside you could see since curtains were wide open so I am sure these items were located at one time. There was not any visual signage for the hotel.

Location to Disney was great

I am glad we found it

Never judge a book by its cover. If you are looking for new, clean rooms with vet comfortable beds, and are doing parks, this is an inexpensive, place to sleep with a friendly staff.

One night was enough. Once completely remodeled it should be a really nice stay.

The shower curtain and walls were not clean. Broken lamp in the room made it dimmer than it could have been. The fact the hotel is being remodeled should be mentioned in the description when you book. The area of the hotel being updated is fenced off and makes it feel less inviting as a whole property.

Wonderful room for the most part. Very updated touches. Weighted comforters and a touch feature mirror with LED lighting. Really lovely lobby area and the staff is super attentive.

Great hotel.

Great hotel. Ended up staying a extra day longer. Hotel is all newly renovated, breakfast was good, hot tub/pool were great. Close to plenty of stuff. I would absolutely stay here again. Read many reviews and even cancelled one hotel before goin diwn and i was very happy with the service.

Great stay at a great price! We will definitely stay here again.

Breakfast could of had healthier choices but it was okay.

Remodeled room was very nice and extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly and promptly handled all of our questions:)

Do not book this place until it’s fully remodeled.

They’re in process of remodeling from a Howard Johnson into a Clarion and there was a lot going on. Every morning people would be hammering and moving things around and destroying stuff. We were barely able to sleep in because of all the noise. Also the pool was very dirty and had green spots.

the bed was pretty good.

The room was clean.

Everything around was a mess ,but I understand that the hotel is under renovation process. The pillows are too hard(for me). The room need a trash can. The maintenance guy knocked the door too early and opened the door even when I said NO and we were still on bed.

The room was clean.

Ok but not Great!

They could clean the tubs a little more better because there was a ring around the tub in the room we were in. The Iron didn't work so good in the room and the coffee pot was dirty I didn't drink from it.

I went to the hotel ahead a time to check it and the staff were ok. They can do a little better at welcoming. My room however was ready in a timely manner.I like that the beds were made and the inside of the room was clean. The AC was good it blew cold.

You get what you paid for.

The hotel was under construction during our stay. The room that we were initially in didn't have a working television, a table to place our meal on so we had to eat on the bed nor any hangers, towels were dirty with brown specks on them, and the phone wasn't working so I couldn't even notify the front desk.

No one informed me that there was a restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Price

The floors were filthy had to wear sox and they turned black. Had milipeeds in the room.

Price

Good for the price

Towels were dirty and did not leave enough

Beds were very comfortable

Uncomfortable
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty rooms no amenities like basic cups and towels

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great place that's why I have visited 4 times in the last month.

Everything was great.

Everything from the check in process to the check out process was great. The staff are very friendly and professional.

Location to Disney

Location to Disney

Local e piscina.

Local e piscina.

Never stay there again.

Area is garbage. No WiFi at all.

Rooms were recently redone and nice looking

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The price was affordable and room comfortable .

Bed was great.Everyone was very friendly .

What I expected for 400 a week

Coffee machine was broken, chips and scrapes missing from all over the wall, microwave was still dirty

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Air conditioner was not working correctly

Pool, cleanest and facility

Air conditioner was not working correctly

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Pool was ok.

Breakfast..nasty and always the same..the hotel room awfull never clean..we had to buy lysol to disinfect everything..it was nasty..

Pool was ok..

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

The rooms are renewed, very comfortable and great.

The cleaning of the room floor wasn’t so good.

The rooms are renewed, very comfortable and great.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Worst stay in Orlando

My room and sheets were dirty (blood stain). The room smelled of mildew and smoke.

It was incredible

You being nosey

My man

The location, good value for money, big room

A little out dated

The location, good value for money, big room

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Pretty basic, but ok for an overnight stay.

Multiple Air con systems leaking water into the corridor walkways.

Beds were comfortable.

Old, and cheap room.

Cleaning lady only made the beds. Never cleaned, didn’t replace towels. Breakfast was not good.

Room was remodeled

Everything was great.

Everything was great. The staff was very friendly, always smiling. The atmosphere was pleasant. Looking forward to staying there again.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The stuff were very helpful and nice

Wifi is bad sometimes

The stuff were very helpful and nice

The property was very clean and the pool area was clean.

The property was very clean and the pool area was clean. Everything was perfect

My stay was amazing

I really enjoyed everything

As soon as u open the door to your room it smells so fresh and clean. And the pool is always open never closed

Clean and conveniently located.

The fridge was loud at night and the WiFi was dis functional . That was disappointing.

Clean and conveniently located. Breakfast was great.

Hospitality

Staff

My whole experience from the min I checked in was inconvenient and handled with poor customer service.

Hotel is a dump

They remodeled the property.

I didnt like that the rooms were outside. The bath was stopped up and the face bowl.

They remodeled the property.

New clean rooms

Terrible breakfast, ac broke, outside of hotel was trashed which was not shown in pictures

New clean rooms

Will be real nice when place is fully updated.

Shower/tub did not have any grab bars or anything on the bottom of the tub - very slippery!

This property needs to update the facilities and the staff was extremely rude.

The property is extremely run down. It was ok for a quick stay but we will never book here again.

Great location for one night

Horrible breakfast

I like the clean rooms

Wonderful and enjoyed the later checkout time!

The outside could be cleanlier by the pool area.

The breakfast had a wide variety to choose from.

changed hotels

cleaning needs to be better

the pool was very green very dirty and our frigid was dirty