Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Oklahoma City 3 stars

400 South Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73108 , USA

#57 of 130 hotels in Oklahoma City

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Property is clean and staff is friendly.

Property is clean and staff is friendly. Room is comfortable with good beds. We have stayed at the property before and plan to stay again for our next show.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Great for the price. Especially if passing through.

Kind of desolate. Bad parking if you are driving a 20 ft U-Haul or similar. Key cards did not work well.

Quiet. Comfortable room. Great price. Very convenient to I-40. Pet friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Our stay was very uneventful and we got a comfortable quiet nights sleep.

Had a little trouble with the key cards. One would only work on the outside door. One worked on the inside door. But it wasn't really an issue.

The man at the desk was so friendly and nice. He was worried about getting to cold so he told me to get in the car and he would get my tag information for me. He was great!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Great place to stay friendly staff
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were super clean and comfy. Very homey. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and price per night was super reasonable. Will definitely stay again when going through Oklahoma city.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Overall ,I enjoyed my stay and I will stay again,and I will recommend staying here to everyone .
    • King Room - Smoking

The breakfast was okay ,but could have more variety and the breakfast was cold.

I liked the great price I got for my stay ,I ended up saving lots of money, and the bed was amazingly comfortable and it was so peaceful,I was able to get some much needed rest.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Old and bad smelling

The hotel smelt of damp, the rooms were dark and also smelt terrible. They had been partially renovated but there was still a horrid smell throughout the rooms. The check in girl at reception seemed uninterested and was not friendly or welcoming

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Convenient location, fair price, nice staff
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Convenient location not far from OKC (Will Rogers Airport) but not noisy. Pretty clean; nice room for the price. Parking lot well lit. Several entrances so you don't have to walk too far after parking.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Pigsty

Filthy, smelly and dilapidated! The counter person was completely rude. Ist room smelled of urine. Desk person argued with me, even though 2 random guests agreed with me. The front desk person begrudgingly have me the room next door, which smelled strongly of smoke! I ordered a non smoking room. He yelled at me and finally screamed "I have 1 more room upstairs, just take it! I advised him that I was exhausted and unable to physically move rooms again after driving a loaded 16ft truck, 12 hours. I have fibromyalgia and brain tumor, couldn't do it. He was rude and said, then ...it's not my problem. Not all lights worked , bathroom was filthy, carpet was sticky. Disgusting!! No one bucket or garbage bags. Pool was cracked and yellow with algae. While checking in he was rude and almost combative, like he doesn't like his job or customers. When my friend went to go get her things out of her car, she noticed a vagrant looming around and looking in vehicles. She called the desk to inform him, he stated rudely that he couldn't help , that there was no security and that she should call police.

Nothing. Horrible service and worse conditions. A prison cell might have been better!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Deposit

They didnt let us know on booking.com that there was a 100 deposit. So instead of paying the 184.97 it was actually 284.97. that really upset us because it took 100 dollars out of our playing money.

The bed was good and it was close to alot of things

the staff kept knocking if we ere gonna leave, and i had to argue with the front desk girl about reservation.

The bed was good and it was close to alot of things

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Front desk staff was great and very helpful

It's a little out dated for me and the cleanliness was okay but not great. I had to ask for new sheets because they didn't appear to be changed and our trash cans didn't have any bags put in them

Front desk staff was great and very helpful

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

A great value for the money.

There wasn't anything to not like.

The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was great -- eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, etc. It was close to shopping and gas stations.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Had outdoor pool, a decent breakfast, good egress to highway.

We were next to parking lot which was a bit loud esp when someone hit their car emergency button.

Had outdoor pool, a decent breakfast, good egress to highway. Staff was good

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Couldn't sleep a wink. That place was the worst.
    • Business Queen Room - Smoking

People going in and out all night. Upstairs sounded like they were having party all night. Neighbor hood was rough. I would not walk out there at night. I feared for my car.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Howard Johnson
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Service was excellent, they try to make you feel right at home from the moment you came through the door. Ill definitely be booking another stay here in the future.

good prices

See above

The rooms are very comfortable and always clean. They did a remodel last year so everything is updated. Breakfast, not so good. The "scrambled eggs" seem to be baked or something. Their definstely not scrambled and the sausage could have been cooked a little longer.

frequent traveler

the comforter n sheets smelled like smoke. Vending machines were not working.

Easy access to restaurants and to I40 highway. Price was reasonable for the stay which was a last minute decision and the hot breakfast was pretty good. Front desk attendant was very friendly which made it an easy transaction.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

We always like to stay at this hotel when we come to the OKC area.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been good to have something other than sausage for the breakfast meat. Bacon should have been included.

Breakfast was very good. The room was comfortable, had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Overall it was a very comfortable stay
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All of the pillows were the same. It would be nice to have a couple different thickness to choose from. Most places don't though. Very nice place.

The accommodations were very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Best value for your buck

Stayed 3 nights, always came back to a clean room, bed made fresh towels clean bathroom. Breakfast had a wide variety. The pool was clean and maintained. Would highly recommend.

Comfortable bed, great breakfast, lovely room, nice pool,...

We asked for a wakeup call at 6 and it did not happen 😐

Comfortable bed, great breakfast, lovely room, nice pool, good lighting. We would stay here again😉

I really enjoyed my stay
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No bacon for my toddler 😀. I just wish they had elevators.

The breakfast was good. I was going that they would have bacon (I have a toddler who only eats bacon, pizza, and fries). They informed me of why they didn't while I was paying which was fine. I always pack spare bacon just incase. The bed was so comfy. The showers were clean. Plenty of towels.

We enjoyed our stay there and we will definitely use this hotel again.

The television in the room we checked into firsts didn't work so we moved to another room. Our desk clerk was very kind and made things happen quickly so not a big deal. One thing that surprised us after all the good we were seeing, one of the cups in the bathroom was stacked with the others but had been used (ugh). A small oversight.

The rooms were delightfully decorated...we loved that. Our room was clean and very comfortable with plenty of outlets for our various electronic devices (phone chargers, laptop). The breakfast was very good, eggs were good (yes, and fluffy) and the sausages were tasty, good coffee too. Towels were large and luxuriant. We will stay here again

the price fit my budget after a long vacation.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Another luggage rack would have been helpful.

the price fit my budget after a long vacation. Very nice place to lay your head down for a few hours rest before continuing trip home

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

No bad but could be a bit better
    • King Room - Smoking

There was a massive issue with the Wi-Fi on the room, basically there wasn't any. We had to sit in the lobby to get a half decent signal.

Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast good and location was good too.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

It was affordable but in need of an upgrade.
    • King Room - Smoking

The bread I had was hard and the gravy was thin. The apple juice was too sweet and orange juice was watered down. I tried the breakfast once and didn't go back. I hope that it was just a bad day for them, but that morning was pretty bad. The help was visible, busy and friendly.

Eggs were ok.

A Great Night's Rest

There was nothing we disliked.

We liked the comfortable bed, especially after a long day of travel. Breakfast was good; we liked that it was included as well. The staff was friendly and helpful when we asked for something like extra towels and hair conditioner. The location was perfect; it was right by the highway we were traveling on.

Fun weekend getaway

We were in OKC for a weekend of fun with our teens at Frontier City and Whitewater Bay. This hotel was easy to get to and accomodated us arriving early so our bags didn't sit in our car all day at the amusement park. It was a nice place to rest after our busy days. Having a personal space outside our room to sit was a nice bonus.

Great BED!!!!! Quiet...CLEAN...GOOD VALUE

That it was an "extended stay" hotel...meaning alot of questionable people hanging around that apparently pay by the week.....I did not feel safe taking my 7 year old Daughter swimming at dusk.

The BED!!! Amazingly soft and comfortable and the room and ammentities were so clean....the pool sparkling!

The pool was very clean and spacious.

You can literally hear every door open and close and every sound made outside. We were so close to the highway that I heard every car drive by. I barely got any sleep.

The pool was very clean and spacious. Loved it.

Good breakfast and comfy bed and very accommodating staff

That the non smoking room did have an odor of old stall smoke but just not all the time it would come and go

Had issue with another hotel and called this one right after setting it up through booking and they were more then willing to let us check in at 1130 in the morning we will stay here again very friendly staff and nice and clean hotel thank you to the staff

Exceptional
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Nothing, everything was great

Amazing experience during a trip for spinal surgery. I has traveled the week before for all my pre surgery testing and stayed at a Days inn that was beyond horrible. So grateful I found this hotel

Quiet and agreable place

Perfect stay for horse shows held at the Oklahoma State Fair park. Central located and near to State Fair, quiet even while just nearby ramp to Interstate I-40. Some of the horse trainers had made the same choice. Reasonable price. Many restaurants and stores nearby. Loking forward to come back :-)

Perfect minus the homeless ppl begging!

The homeless people.in the empty lot asked for our juice as we were going to our rooms. Made me a bit nervous leaving my vehicle out there over night. The do have security cameras on the parking lot. Everything was fine.

Clean and modern rooms. Loved the sliding door to the outdoor balcony in our room♡

Great deal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hall looked a little dated, but it was a nice room.

I loved the room, the size was great and it stayed cold just like I like it. It had a good sized pool that was well maintained. What I loved about my stay most was the breakfast. They provide a delicious variety from your basic waffle, bagels and cereal to the full menu of scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, and biscuits an gravy. I would definitely stay here again.

Comfortable.

It’s in a little bit of a more low-income area, you do see homeless people around the area. However no one ever bothered us or came directly around the hotel.

Comfortable. Good breakfast options. Cheap. Nice service. Good A/C unit for Summer. Overall great experience.

Wonderfully clean and comfortable

Breakfast was a little week. The potatoes were dry and the eggs came in a bucket. Not very appetizing but overall for a free breakfast it was great. Wish they had had yogurt or more fruit than just apples.

I was very nervous to stay at a Howard Johnson. We have had scary experiences in the past, but the reviews were great and it was right off the freeway. We were driving across the country and just needed a quick easy place to stay. We took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. The place was clean and decorated nicely. The beds were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a bonus. The food was good but nothing to right Home about. Wonderful surprise in the middle of our 2000 mile journey.

This was my first time staying in OK City and it blew my...

This was my first time staying in OK City and it blew my expectations out of the water! Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable on ADA laws. We were traveling with two service dogs and did not run into any access issues at all. Very happy with the experience here and would stay again.

The hotel looks small from the outside however the room was...

There was a leak under our sink

The hotel looks small from the outside however the room was huge. Very spacious with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were great.

It was a clean, secure property with a nice staff.

breakfast hours and not allowing the food to be taken to your room

It was a nice safe place. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful even near the end end of the serving hours. We would stay here again.

Over all this was a good place to stay
    • King Room - Smoking

The staff for the most part was good at helping us get what we needed, but there were a couple that were very rude when asked any extra questions.

The room was very nice. It smelled good when we walked in even though it was a smoking room. We were right in front of the pool which was great for the kids

I love everything here the Balcony where I can just step out...
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I love everything here the Balcony where I can just step out of my room and have a cigarette and be able to see my kids in the room, love the color it like chic looking ! Denny's is right across the street and easy access to places. I eventually love to walk around good carido exercises. Pool is very nice I like the lounges. I will definitely come back and stay longer!

It so clean and nice!

It so clean and nice! Not so old or smelly like Biltmore hotel. Thank god because I am concerned for my daughter.. it has to be safe, clean, and near by where I can step out for cigarettes and this hotel has balcony! I can just stand outside a step away from my room where I can still see my baby. Much easier for me! I am deaf and hearing impaired and I do make sure I know what best for us to stay in hotel instead crappy one as Biltmore hotel. Howard Johnson inn is my top hotel and I will come back again for sure!

The food was real good.

The only thing was the pillows. Need king pillows for the bed, & need to be med- firm.

The food was real good. But need more fruit choices. It was easy to get there also.

Very clean

The only bad thing was that we weren't able to use the pool. It wasnt the hotels fault. Mother nature didn't allow us.

We stayed here 2 years ago and it was a great place we had to stay again. Absolutely love the breakfast choices. Great service and great rooms

Very Affordable...clean and quiet...but not likely to stay again. Not my regular motel.
    • King Room - Smoking

Toilet seal need to be replaced and i didnt care for the back side of the hotel. Our room had a sliding glass door. It had 2 locks and a metal bar to hold it closed but I still didnt feel as safe as I would have if the doors had been replaced with a regular door. This is not the best of neighborhoods but the more unfortunate people hanging around just want a smoke or a quarter. They are, for the most part , harmless.

Very clean...bed was awesome and there were plenty, plenty of towels...bathroom sparkled and I didnt see any bugs of any kind. Breakfast was hot and there was enough for good portions for everyone. It was fresh and as tasty as any hotel where I've stayed.

Great access for dog walks to the dog location in corner of...

A little outdated compared to the entryway and office areas - but it was nice for the price.

Great access for dog walks to the dog location in corner of property. Quiet. Will definitely come back again. Also liked the 12 noon checkout.

Comfortable and will and will stay there again.

Breakfast was not that good, it was just ok.

Breakfast was ok, eggs too salty, stayed 2 nights went out for breakfast 2nd morning. Room large and clean, bathroom a little small but clean. Rain kept us out of pool, but it was a very nice pool and we enjoyed the sitting area outside our room. Good value, will stay again.

Comfortable bed, good breakfast

wish staff were more knowledgeable about roads and hiways. Interstate 40 ramp from 44 closed and no way to get to exit # given on phone that evening. Took extra hour to get too

Comfortable bed, good breakfast

It was a large room that was comfortable and clean.

I didn’t like the location. It is very close to the freeway on/off ramp and we observed several homeless people sleeping under the freeway ramp.

It was a large room that was comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable.

When I booked the room I did not realize it was a smoking...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

When I booked the room I did not realize it was a smoking room. Upon arriving I was feeling very disappointed to learn I had booked a smoking room. The desk receptionist was very understanding and found me a upgrade for a very reasonable price. So pleased with her service.

I enjoyed my stay tremendously!
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that I had to pay for an extra night. It was difficult in trying to make the changes .

The room and service was great. However, I had to pay for an 3xtra day even though I arrived at 1: 00am 6/19/18.

Overall, our stay was enjoyable and comfortable.

Having to lug all the heavy luggage up the staircase was no fun - fix the elevator!!!!

The room was clean, quiet and had a comfy bed. Some minor maintenance would have resulted in a higher score.

Value for money!
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were not very comfortable.

Good value for money.The hotel was located close to Oklahoma City (around 10 min by car).The breakfast was quite good.

Even-numbered rooms face the pool. The rooms closest to the pool gates are 108, 110, 142, 144.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We did not like waiting anxiously while the receptionist hunted for our reservation, in a hotel nearly booked to capacity. Next time we book through Booking.com we will call the hotel to confirm. We were put in a great room, but weren't able to park near the room because of all the handicapped spaces, and because a truck and trailer took up 4-5 spaces.

Soundproof walls? We were astonished to find the breakfast room full of people, because our room was so quiet it sounded like we were the only guests in the building. No traffic noise either. Also, the clerk on duty managed to find us a room, even though the reservation did not go through to the hotel from Booking.com, and they were not expecting us.

Wifi worked well.

Room had weird smell. Breakfast had small choices. The door key stopped working,they said it supposed to be away from bankcards,carkeys and cellphone which is kinda impossible in the 21st centuty.

Wifi worked well. Fridge and micro in the room. Enough parking space.

It served its purpose and was not overly expensive for what you get.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Weak water pressure and air conditioner was LOUD as hell.

location was close to the convention center and easy enough to find.....lots of tv channels to chose from.

somewere to sleep for night and get washed
    • Business Queen Room - Smoking

the carpets and the corrodors were a little untidy could do with tidy up or eithen just shampooing and the air con unit was very noisy .

the hotel was basic not the best we stayed in on route but not the worst beds were clean and comfy it was just a bit tatty in places carpets and things but staff were helpful and gave us info for places to go

Great value. Enjoyed the breakfast. Would stay again

The mattress was a little too firm. The area was a little sketchy but was fine

The bedding was awesome. Staff was friendly. Pool was very clean. Enjoyed our stay

No non dairy creamer or butter like every other hotel I have...
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No non dairy creamer or butter like every other hotel I have stayed at so far on my road trip (8 nights). I am vegan so could not have my morning coffee. Also toast with jam and no butter is yuk. As I can’t eat anything else breakfast was not a hit for me, or non existent. Couldn’t find a lift and had large suitcases to try and get to 2nd floor. ☹️

Would never stay here again.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facility was filthy. The room was nasty. There was mouse feces in the sheets of the bed. The website makes it look like a good location, but it is in a bad part of town. I did not feel safe.

The front desk clerk was nice, and I was given a full refund for my room.

Great value, great breakfast and easy access to I-40.

Location was a bit sketchy. Looked to me located near a commercial area. A few run down building. Just bring in or hide valueables. I did have my motorcycle in the bed of my pick-up and nothing happened to it. Interior has a few dated items but recently had some updates.

Location was right off I-40 for quick access. Good breakfast with a nice variety. It was clean and had a comfy bed.

Ideal overnight stay, will book again.

A not so pleasant check-in representative and a defective microwave oven in the unit.

Best feature was our encounter with Leena at check-out. She was pleasant, courteous and demonstrated professionalism and unusual kindness. Thanks Leena. Here's hoping your organization recognizes your worth. Unit was also clean, comfortable and functional.

Quiet, comfortable, good price
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door did not close properly, bedsheets left white lint all over my clothes

Room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and got me checked in and out quickly, nice and quiet

Stayed for one night going to Tennessee and one night coming back
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator made getting a cooler up to the second floor difficult so we paid more to get king size on the first floor.

I loved how comfortable the bed and pillows were. I also loved the waffles in the morning with such a fresh easy way to cook them :)

Wonderful.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were only stairs to get to our room on the second floor. With luggage it was just a bit inconvenient.

We really loved our little balcony. The room and the bed were both a little smaller than i expected, but the balcony made up for it, and also the pool- 9 feet deep! I wasn’t sure if our room would have a fridge from the description online, but it did. Over all, it was a great place to stay. Super close to the fairgrounds, lots of restaurants nearby, and even room service. I suggest king size for couples though, and next time, id ask for a pool view room.

The room itself wasn't horrible.

The location was less than desirable - seemed like a very depressed area of town (near the airport).

The room itself wasn't horrible. There was a musty smell in the room - though this might have been due to the dampness of the city itself.

The staff at the hotel were fabulous.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No airport shuttle even though it was advertised as having one.

The staff at the hotel were fabulous. The room was clean and comfortable for one night.

Great value!
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not the greatest area.. but I didnt have any major issues

I have stayed here several times over the last few weeks... always been a good stay with no pro blems

Friendly staff!

Sliding glass door to parking lot was difficult to open.

Had an issue with our cable connection to our tv. Notified front desk and within minutes they were there to fix it. Friendly and helpful. Very courteous.

Very helpful staff.

We were on the ground floor with french doors that had 3 sets of locks on them. Made me feel place wasnt safe.

Very helpful staff. Good restaurant nearby

Slept well, felt comfortable, would book again.

Upholstery on chairs had solid spots and showed signs of wear as did toilet seat.

Pillows were just right. Seemed freshly painted, room & bathroom felt clean.

Will stay again IF the mattress in 219 is changed to new.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed.....mattress needs replacing-it scooped out where everyone slept-bedding was clean but the mattress was awful.

Location-Breakfast-Killer coffee!!

Great value!
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had no major concerns.. will stay here again.

Very good value.. was concerned about the location.. but had no issues at all. Other hotels in the area have bad reviews based on vagrants, but this place I saw none hanging around. Breakfast was decent, staff was great.. room was cleaned every day and looked good.

Good motel close to main route.

Nothing. All as expected.

Very nice King Suit room on ground floor. Very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast the next day lacked some variety bit was fine. Good coffee and fresh breakfast comestibles.

Browse Howard Johnson by Wyndham Oklahoma City traveller photo gallery