Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Albuquerque Northeast 2 stars

7630 Pan American Freeway Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87109, USA

#87 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

Probably wouldn’t stay again

Checked in with my husband and 12 yr old and they couldn’t find my reservation even though I had a confirmation # took about 45 min to finally figure it out and was givin 1 king bed for all 3 of us. Tv in room did not work so finally got room switched the next day. Rooms are ok for the price but super old furnishings

Pool was ok

Nasty
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Had to beg management for towels linens no remote for tv.room smelled like fish breakfast of biscuit gravy sausage tasted fishy hotel hot.carpets nasty vomit in carpet by elevator.

This time not good. I dont appreciate being treated so hatefully by people whose salaries i pay.

I have stayed here so many times since the middle of 2017 and have paid these people lots of money for all my stays without them honoring any of the perk programs I have. I have paid their salaties essentially and they are really being hostile and vicious for no reason except maybe i have stayed with them too many times. This is about rhe fourth time in a row when they were hateful for no reason - sticking me for higher rates every time they could; not honoring the billboard rate of $49.00 and changing the rate on me minutes after it was already given to me by Mike the night manager as it was this morning at 0700; and it is always Vangie and the owner who treat me this way. Their billboard rate always flashes $49.00 and they wont allow me to have the posted rate even though ive stayed with so many times for several nights in a row. I thought that anytime a merchant will not honor his posted rate that it is false advertising and that it is against the law. Not only that, Vangie was present when I had the discussuon with the night manager/auditor at 0700 this morning; and minutes after his shift ended and he left Vangie called me on the phone in my room to tell me she was not going to give me the posted rate on the billboard which they both agreed to allow me to have of $49.00 that Mike the night auditor approved. She lied and said she was giving the rate to me for a penny more for $50.00 (not the billboard rate of $49.00 because she wanted to see if I would challenge her so she could pick a fight and become threatening to order me to leave as though i am some kind of vagrant after i have paid these roaches so much money. The first night i was here the a/c didnt work. It,was hot,and miserable in the room. The phone didnt work and the bathtub has a slow drain. The second day here tgere was a giant cockroach on the bed. At least Mike the night manager tried to make things rightt by discounting the room.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The hotel was a pleasure to stay in - the young man who did...
    • King Room -Smoking

The hotel was a pleasure to stay in - the young man who did the late day and night shift was extremely friendly and very helpful- we were sincerely impressed by him.....I believe he was even new according to the morning front desk woman. The room was clean, we did have to ask for some items they forgot to leave in room - but it was very comfortable and the price was excellent! We often make trips down to Albuquerque to visit family, so I am sure we will book it there. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Overall it was average but great when on a budget
    • King Room - Smoking

The motel needs some sort of air freshener. It didn't have a welcoming smell. Pillows are in desperate need of getting replaced. Motel had no extra pillows or blankets to make our stay more comfortable. Bath tub was dirty and fridge was not working properly.. with a few upgrades this place would be amazing especially because of such wonderful staff.

Customer service was great. Breakfast and breakfast staff was great. The price was great.

I will never stay at another Howard Johnson!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was not comfortable, the pillows were very lumpy, the ottoman had a big stain on it, the TV was very snowy (I asked the front desk the next morning & her response was “Well mine isn’t like that!”) I had a handicap room, so the next morning I took a shower. When I was done, I opened up the curtain & there was a big puddle of water by the toilet. I almost slipped on the wet floor. Also the light in the bathroom was so dim. I asked the woman at the front desk & she said “Yeah, they are all like that.” I have never stayed in such a horrible hotel. On booking.com it stated that the hotel was rated around in the 7 point system & that it was good. I don’t know what kind of person would rate a good score for this particular hotel, but all that it was missing were the roaches!! Seriously 🤬

It had a fridge & coffee pot in the room, but no creamer or sugar.

The staff was very good the hotel was very clean the only...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was very good the hotel was very clean the only thing I didn’t like the bed but I have a bad back so it’s hard for me to get the right bed. thank YouTube qq

Pool was open in beginning of May, which is a good thing for...
    • King Room - Smoking

No microwave in room, several pending charges on my card that did NOT come off after checkout; 2 days ago.

Pool was open in beginning of May, which is a good thing for a person from cold climates in New Mexico :)

My trip to the wedding was a good

A little bit hard to get to freeway ext was closed and there was no hot water in bathroom or may it just took a long time to work.

Bed are comfortable there was a refrigerator

I would go back mainly for the use of the pool and to eat their breakfast.

Needed better cleaning like the floor looked like it wasn't vaccummed and the tub had gross spots.Smells in the halls and elevator were unpleasant.

I liked the pool. The pool was very clean.

Uncomfortable

The first room we were in was threadbare. New furniture is needed. Their was something banging in the vent fan that was very loud and we could not sleep. We called the manager and he tried to tell us that it was a natural occurrence because the wind was making the noise. We insisted on another room which he gave us and the fan in the air conditioner in the new room was very loud. We had to turn it way down and pull the covers over our heads to get to sleep. We will not stay here again.

Wont use this hotel on my next visit

They questioned me why did i needed extra towels and extra blankets 1 it was could outside reason why the extra blanketsts 2 there was only 3 towels in the room we checked in as a party of 5!

Probably wouldn't stay again due to the noisy water pipes, or if I did, maybe stay on the top floor.

When someone turned the water on, the pipes were very loud! Heard someone showering at night and then heard the pipes again early in the morning!

The beds were comfortable and for the price, the facilities were what was expected.

It was comfortable

The lady at the desk when I checked in was on a personal phone call and seemed to be irritated because she had to stop to help me. There were no stores or restaurants close to the hotel.

Comfortable and convenient.

The bathtub did not hold water very well. Very few breakfast options for those who cannot have starches or sugars.

The hotel is convenient to my business and very affordable.

Great location, Good pricing and very comfortable stay!

The property probably is due for a renovation upgrade at some time but don’t let that scare you? It was still a good experience! I will visit again!

The location and parking were excellent even for someone driving a large truck like me could park around the back no problem! My room was clean and had a comfortable upmarket feel. Breakfast was awesome!

As I said my damage car was at da stay ! During that time

My car got hit outside,da staff didn't take time to see da damage on my car diring da stay so I think I should have a another free stay due to damage on my car!

Great Location!

I wished that the pillows would have been more comfortable and additional outlets were available for guests' electrical devices; I had to unplug some cords for my plug-ins. Lastly, because I had made reservations for two nights, I thought my key card would allow me access for my entire stay; no, I had to go twice to the front office while carrying several items; an inconvenience.

I was impressed to see an armchair with an ottoman to relax on after a long business day! Friendly staff...

The last place we would stay again.

The place hasn't had an upgrade since the 70s and is sorely in need of a facelift. The walls are paper-thin and as much as we think that people should enjoy themselves, hearing our neighbors frolicking as if they were in our room was a little disconcerting . We were just tired from 24 hours of straight travel and needed to sleep. This is not the place for that. We slept a few hours and got out of there as soon as possible.

That there was a bed to sleep in.

Stay was enjoyable!

The staff picked up all breakfast items on the dot ,should waited ten to fifteen minutes at least!people still coming in wanted food!

Breakfast! Was alsome and staff was friendly.

Just a short overnight stay, but was sufficient for that.

Shower curtain was broken and sagging down badly.

Breakfast was good. The sausage gravy was very good on biscuits for me and scrambled eggs for my wife.

Wonderful place to stay. Very helpful front desk people. Decent breakfast with waffles, eggs.

The smoking everywhere around the hotel. Leaked in even in middle of night. But pillows did not smell smoky.

This is soooo close to the balloons on field. So lucky to get to stay here with many pilots if the balloons too. Staff were super nice. Pool was great - cold was what I liked! Beautiful pool sunshine :)

The staff was FANTASTIC, friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The breakfast was fine but by the time we got there on the first morning it was very picked over. The sausage and gravy was cold as were the biscuits. The hotel is old but clean. The carpets need to be replaced as do the chair seats. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.

I would stay here again because it was convenient, clean and friendly.

Breakfast was good, but it could have been better if we had a little bacon or sausage to go with eggs, waffles, biscuits and tortillas.

The location of our hotels was easy to get in and out of off of the freeway and to get to local restaurants. the staff where great answering all my travel questions.

The hotel served it's purpose, poorly, but it did and I won't stay here again.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Manager said, "I think we have accommodated you enough" when we asked for a rollaway bed at no charge. The hotel claims that the room sleeps 5 people but where was the 5th person going to sleep? Each bed only sleeps two people and there were only 2 beds. The while hotel was hot and the a.c. in the room had a hard time cooling the room. The fridge didn't work. The room was TINY!!!!!

The soft sheets and big toilet and bathtub.

I was able to book with a fairly good rate and on the same...

The only thing about the room was that it did not have a microwave. I was thinking that once I got into the room, I was going to warm up what I had with me. Also, in the morning I was somewhat insulted by your attendant on duty. He thought I wasn't a paying customer and being Native American didn't help either. I was stereotyped by him thinking that just because I was getting my morning continental breakfast and going out with it and putting it in my transportation van (because I had to drive early that morning), he said to me that I'm not suppose to do that and asked me where I worked. The way he approached me with the subject on the subject, just did not sit with me well. He found out that I was a paying customer until I gave him my room keys.

I was able to book with a fairly good rate and on the same evening.

Not too happy with my stay.

The bed was hard and there was cockroach running around on the carpet. Got bit by a bug/insect the 2nd night causing numbness and irritation around my right ear and head.

Bed too hard

sucks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

everything all the way around

found a hair in the eggs first night,nothing for the baby,they were telling us baby was to loud ...and can not take nothing to your rooms

The only thing good about the hotel was the rooms were big...
    • Double Room - Smoking

rooms were damaged. Broken furniture and the air conditioner didn't work that good. sheets were stained

The only thing good about the hotel was the rooms were big and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Did not get bothered during my, that was my purpose of my stay .to get away

The couches in the rooms are disgusting as well as the carpet, and the smell of them both is really unbarring.

The bed was comfortable there was no bed bugs. Thank god! Thank u.friendly staff that's a plus.

Best Value in Albuquerque
    • King Room -Smoking

This hotel is the best value for price in Albuquerque. Safe, clean, nice staff, shout out to Teresa at the breakfast buffet and Margarita for keeping the room nice and clean. Vangie at the front desk is very helpful and knowledgeable. All for much less than half of the usual hotel prices.

No comment
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room they gave me was for handicap and no tub. The air conditioner knobs were broken and when I arrived to turn the TV on, the remote would not work because their was no battery in it. Not enough towels for my family and when I called to request more towels, they said to come down to the office and get it and on top of it the staff were not friendly.

No comment

The manager knew that people were smoking marijuana and...

The manager knew that people were smoking marijuana and allowed us to go into the elevator and up to the second floor without telling us and made us very sick. Then switches to a room that was not what we originally booked due to the smell. Breakfast was not the best not a lot of variety to choose from. There was mold on the bathroom walls toilet seat was broken or off the hinge the AC did not work well as were hot and stuffy. Will never stay here again

The price

Old motel needs updating and a little bit more cleaning in the rooms. The cars had stains all over and there was dirt in the bathroom floors.

The price

The room was very comfortable for a person with disabilities.

I was unsure whether the sheets had actually been changed before I arrived. They appeared to have been slept in.

The room was very comfortable for a person with disabilities. The room was a bargain which I appreciated .

My stay was overall not a good experience and I would not stay there again

The air conditioner did not work all that well and made it uncomfortable at nights sleeping. The walls in the bathroom were falling apart. Breakfast was not all that great, maybe add some fruit and yogurts or other egg choices like egg and cheese omlets.

The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good.

The carpet had a black spot in front of sink & if we accidently stepped on it it was sticky. Our feet were black on the bottom within 5 min after getting out of the shower because the carpet was dirty & gross.

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good. Beds comfortable

we stayed here for almost 2 months due to issues with a home...
    • King Room - Smoking

we stayed here for almost 2 months due to issues with a home we were going to buy, we never were offered any rewards when I asked they told me the system was down, the beds are ok tubs are nice but walls are filthy and bathroom walls had mold so wont be staying here again - we didn't have a choice in the past as it was all we could afford but now we will be looking elsewhere if we need a hotel in town

Nice place for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They serve a good breakfast, with scrambled eggs and biscuits-and-gravy. The place is not fancy, but the rooms are comfortable. It's location just off I-25 is just right for me.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The food was good.

We were miserable. The A/C was barely working. You could only feel it when you stood right above it. We couldn't sleep. Had to open the window, but it wasn't cool enough outside to cool us down. It turns out the knob was cracked so you couldn't turn the blower up or down. I reported it to the front desk clerk when we checked out. The sink around the faucet was gross. Stained there & the air holes in the sink were stained. Needs a better cleaner & a good scrubbing.

The food was good. The gravy for the biscuits had good flavor. We didn't notice noise out in the hallway or next to us, which was nice.

DONT PLAN ON GETTING YOUR WYNDHAM REWARDS WE STAYED HERE...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

DONT PLAN ON GETTING YOUR WYNDHAM REWARDS WE STAYED HERE FOR A MONTH AND WERE NEVER GIVEN OUR REWARDS ALWAYS GIVEN A DIFFERENT EXCUSE SUCH AS THE COMPUTER WAS HAVING ISSUES OR THE PREVIOUS REP DIDNT DO IT FOR US- SO WE MISSED OUT ON THOUSANDS OF POINTS-REWARDS FROM THIS - NEVER AGAIN THATS FOR SURE BUT THE PLACE WAS OK AND STAFF WAS NICE-

Don't stay here
    • King Room - Smoking

My car was vandalized in the parking lot. Wi-fi shut off after day 1 so I had to call some company to re-enable it. Pool was filthy and not heated. Rude night clerk. Dead bugs in the hall and a huge spider in my room. What a horrible experience.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Smoking room...
    • King Room -Smoking

Had smoking room but smelled pretty clean (I usually go outside if I want to smoke) king bed was awesome. It was the same price as rooms with a smaller less comfortable bed. Good job 😀

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

It was close to every thing and every I needed to go and do.
    • King Room - Smoking

Had no light bulbs in the lamps. I had to ask the front desk for some. Then put them in myself.

It was close to every thing and every I needed to go and do.

The bed was so comfortable, air conditioner worked really...

The bed was so comfortable, air conditioner worked really good, and clean restrooms! No one knocked on our doors we had total privacy or trying to kick us out before check out time. LOVED THIS HOTEL WILL COME BACK AGAIN!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Sadly we have been here a month and haven't received any...

No discount for long stays

Sadly we have been here a month and haven't received any kind of deals very shocking that we have paid already almost 1300 and no rewards to discount or anything

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Everything perfect the man that works in morning and gets...

Nothing it was great

Everything perfect the man that works in morning and gets breakfast ready is awesome not sure his name but he's there every morning great employee! !!!

Pleasant stay. Value for money

Parking lots of it but had to park so far away from the main door. Not really a problem, just had to make a couple of trips. Not so much fun for us older folk.

Very happy with the size and comfort of the room. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was good and had someone keeping up the supply of food and drink etc. Would recommend it for the price alone.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

The location was fine.

The bed was like sleeping on a board. The room was dirty; there was hair in the tub, and the floor and carpet were dirty. The knobs on the a/c and heating unit were removed so we couldn't adjust the temperature to our liking.

The location was fine. It was nice to have a mini-fridge.

Place is nice, beds are very comfortable and close to my doctor appointments.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Place is nice, beds are very comfortable and close to my doctor appointments. Will recommend to other to stay here and my husband and I will definitely stay again!! Thank You :)

Greattach hotel, we would recommend it.
    • King Room -Smoking

Under furniture could be cleaned more often, found staws and some typical carpet crumbs.

It was definitely a home away from home. Staff and housekeepers were friendly. We will definitely come back. 😀

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Never stay here!!!

Gross rooms. Another guest got robbed. A housekeeper let a stranger in another person's room without permission. The owner didn't even care. He said it happens!

By freeway

Would have stayed elsewhere if prices weren't so high

1st room, the smoke detector was chirping due to weak battery. 2nd room, floor not vacuumed; tv remote didn't work and in room coffee tasted terrible.

The breakfast was good. Room was quiet.

Other Howard Johnson full, so picked this one.

Bed not comfortable. And too low. Lobby too crowded with furniture. Need more lights for parking. Need security cameras for parking in the back.

Price.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The front desk service was great as was the worker in the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The shower rod had broken away from the wall and the shower curtain leaked.

The front desk service was great as was the worker in the morning breakfast area.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

All the staff were very friendly, room large,quite...

Only one large window facing the Sandia Mountains

All the staff were very friendly, room large,quite,breakfasts were filling enjoyed the tortillas and salsa,bisquets sausage and gravy tasted homage.service dog enjoyed room to sleep away from our bed,also street on side was at least 3 blocks of sidewalk long very good fordog

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Miserable stay

Everything you could think of the staff are rude the place is dirty you could hear the people next to you the breakfast is nasty and cold I could go on and on.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Over all it was confortable.

Shower Curtin rod was loose and the Curtin kept falling to the middle and the water would run out the sides.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Fast easy check in
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast had only soft apples for fruit choice. Everything else was not appetizing.

Fast easy check in

Comfortable

Smelled a little musty

Stinky bed sheets ☹

Bed sheets needed changing☹

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Taking brakefest too our room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was cleaned and I love hot breakfast friendly staffs
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

People parking at night on the other side at midnight teenagers

It was cleaned and I love hot breakfast friendly staffs

Bugs attack
    • King Room - Smoking

There were bugs coming in from sink drain.

Proximity to freeways

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Repoff

Cozy

Yes very good

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

There was a lot of road noise, the pool was broken most of...

There was a lot of road noise, the pool was broken most of the time & there was a cockroach in my room.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Breakfast was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dirty carpets. Pool was closed all 3 days. Hard mattresses.

Breakfast was good.

Perfect
    • King Room - Smoking

Nice quiet we really rested and felt comfortable. The staffcwas great! Price was incredible!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Was worth the price I paid

The gym room was a joke

The room was cozy and the hotel was only a short drive to downtown. Breakfast was ok and the staff was beyond nice

Excelent service attitude

swimming pool outside building

Excelent service attitude

Clean
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No USB ports to charge fones

Clean

Kids enjoyed every minute

AC didnt work in our room, very hot

pool