Reviews of Motel 6 LaCrosse 2 stars

#14 of 20 hotels in La Crosse

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

just fine
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

wish they would have had some information on local restaurants and a channel guide in the room or on the TV

we needed just a room to sleep over to continue our trip. for the price it satisfied all our needs

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Never again, they should refund at least a portion of the amount we paid!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had called and talked to Richard who preset our room on the first floor with a fridge and microwave, When we checked in someone had given room to someone else and we were on second floor no fridge or microwave. Room carpet was filthy as was the shower, The rate was double what they normally charge,

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

4.5
    Front desk clerk didn't recognize my booking.

Front desk clerk didn't recognize my booking.com quoted price. Was charged normal rate & didnt realize til checkout the next morning. Was straightened out.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Comfy place to stay short term.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Baseball playoffs were held every day of our 3 day visit; yet none of the provided stations carried the games.

The bed and the bed pillows were comfortable. The motel looked like it was full; yet the noise level was excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Have stayed here the last 4 years and will stay again next year.

The only thing that was a little disturbing, but not the fault of the motel, was the people above, that came in at 2am. It is a little annoying to be woken up to loud talking, things being dropped on floor and much walking back and forth. Going on for at least 1/2 hour.

Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. The amount of time I spent in the room, is was satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I wanted to stay longer but an emergency at home cut our stay short.
    • Standard Room

No breakfast, no information on local activities, big event happening and zero information. Regardless of owners beliefs they should provide information for their guests, they’re the ones paying for the room. Do some updates with a good carpenter.

The staff was very friendly. Location was perfect.

It was quiet and I enjoyed my time there. The price was right.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

More available parking would have been nice. Would also like to see a continental breakfast instead of just coffee. Also, the entrance needs to be more visible.

There was no food available at this location.

Other than the reservation problem and the loud upstairs guests our experience was OK.

We were booked and confirmed in a king room on the 2nd floor. We were given a queen room on the first floor next to a side entrance door. When we questioned this we were told that the reservation was done in error and that they had no king rooms or 2nd floor rooms available. As is usually the case on the first floor, we had a loud room above us. Not sure what was going on upstairs but it sounded like they may fall through the ceiling while they jumped and stomped around until about midnight.

Hotel was acceptable for the low end price point. Friendly and helpful staff.

I got out of there as soon as I could in the morning. Did not feel safe
    • Standard Room

No Wi-fi. Unbelievable. Very seedy area. Seemed like there was some kind of illicit if not illegal activity going on in the Motel 6 parking lot. It was difficult to tell where the entrance was and there was no sidewalk outside the motel. You had to walk in the street to get to one of the two restaurants nearby.

The room was clean and near two restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Okay- but likely wouldn’t stay here again in current condition
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mold in bathroom, wallpaper peeling off walls, bedding appeared dirty. Everything very old and felt dirty. People standing outside side exits smoking weed- felt a little sketchy.

Staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Price
    • Standard Room

Beds were uncomfortable no shampoo for the shower hot and cold knobs came off when turning on the shower no breakfast walls are thin could hear everything the neighbors were talking about

Price

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

probably would not stay again, unless to see if they changed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Did not change bedding until I asked the too. A lot of problems with the tv (losing reception) one channel ha to tune up past 100 , others were at 17.

It was dry inside wet outsiide

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good deal if you don’t mind a less than perfect room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

2 flies in room, direct tv lost some channels during storm, not very soundproof, occasional moldy smell - not sure where it was coming from, mattress not the best

Nice TV, no carpet, good location, price

A good place to stay if the hotel is not the main purpose of your stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioner would cycle off, and then cycle back on very quickly. Perhaps it needs a filter cleaning?

The rooms are a good size if you get a room with two beds. We were lucky because the room had a fridge and a microwave. Very quiet location given how close it is to a major highway.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Outstanding value for the money.
    • Standard Room

Bring your own shampoo. Breakfast is not provided.

Outstanding value for the money. My dog stayed free, and the bed was comfy and television and shower worked well. Couldn't ask for more!

Son booked because of cheap rate....would NEVER stay there again nor recommend.

Questionable looking people loitering/smoking around doors and parking lots. Side entrances looked broken and did not feel safe using. Warning signs stating lock vehicle and ...not responsible for damage or theft. Dead bolt in room did not work. Didn't sleep, worried about door and parking lot.

Just the basic needs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like how dirty the room was. There was so much dust on the carpeting around where the beds and dresser are. We didn't have any tissues in the tissue holder. The bathtub was awful. There was a ton of plastic wrappers in the drain. The bedspreads look really filthy and the sheets are the worst sheets I've ever slept on.

The room had everything we needed except for a blow dryer. For a basic No Frills one night stay it was perfect

Good value for the money.

Not a lot of extras but I found it to be a good value for the money. The staff was friendly and when I accidentally left my iPad behind they called to let me know and then they shipped to me.

Easy access for a night of sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some small fruit fly type bugs seen near sink. No breakfast, no coffee pot, no refrigerator, no microwave. Coffee was available in the lobby in the morning though.

Easy access in and out.

Short and NOT Sweet
    • Standard Room

Got to hotel after 1am. The guy couldn't get his computer or debit card reader to work so I had to go get cash to pay. Very,Very inconvenient. I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep. But ended up not getting in bed til after 3

The water was hot.

Patti
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price, didn't expect much, but no shampoo, hair dryer, or clock. I don't think I've stayed anywhere that didn't have at least shampoo and a clock. VERY dirty/gross behind nightstand when I went to use the plug.

Easy check in, great price, got a good night of sleep

No frills but ok for elevated prices during State Track Meet.

There was No shampoo , no coffee maker in the room and no hair dryers in the room had to get it from front desk. No SHAMPOO! Who doesn’t even have some bottles at the front desk?

The price

Overall, a decent hotel for a great price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were extra pillowcases on the nightstand, an empty (appeared clean) plastic cup laying near a bed, and a slightly damp towel laying on one of the beds.

Great water pressure in the shower. Room air conditioner worked well. The hotel was quite full, but remained quiet enough we weren't disturbed by other guests.

Overall it was OK.. Need to be more Professional and have Professional People
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like the lady at the front desk; she told everyone that was trying to check-in that we had to wait in the lobby until 3 pm; Her boss said; she said; as we wait in the lobby the clerk was back in the room by the desk talking on her phone on facetime/ speakerphone real loud and cursing you can hear her whole conversation. So when 3 pm came all of us stand trying see who’s first so she can check us in. Very unprofessional, there was no coffee in the pot just ice water.

the Price was right, the location was good.

Everything I needed in a motel, a clean bed, shower, plenty of towels, and a tv with working remote
    • Standard Room

No microwave or refrigerator.

Sometimes when I book a room for 2 nights, there is no maid service between nights. This pisses me off, because I pay the same for both nights. But at Motel 6, the room looked as clean when I arrived for the second night as it had for the 1st night. And had trouble finding the motel on the 1st night, due to poor Google map directions, but a call to the front desk resulted in good directions.

Price is right, but make sure you know what amenities are missing that you may expect to be there.

There are basic amenities that one has come to expect while staying in a hotel: hairdryer, iron, coffee maker. This hotel included none of them which would have been fine had I known. I would have simply packed differently, no big deal. I'm just passing along the information so other guests can plan accordingly. There was no breakfast included, but for the price I paid I wasn't shocked by that.

The price was right. I hate spending a lot on a hotel. Surprisingly, there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room.

Comfortable stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The laundry room should have been properly marked. But overall a great experience.

The location was great with easy access to I-90. The room which was given had wooden floor (not carpeted) and therefore it was best suited for me due to Ashtma.The air-conditioning was very good. Pizza Hut was next door for quick bites. It offered ample parking space and felt quite safe.

Friendly helpful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were incredibly uncomfortable, even my 9 year old told me her back felt funny the next day. The AC was held together with masking tape. The location wasn’t great as the hotel let in every little sound from outside. Between the bikers on the highway to the group of people in the parking lot it was too loud for my light sleeper self to get sleep. The bathroom was fine, weird that the sink is outside the bathroom though. Overall we were very unimpressed, but we did only pay $50 for the room- so I guess we maybe got what we paid for. Won’t be staying there again

Friendly helpful staff

OK hotel for the price--it was clean and adequate.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were no toiletries in the room, like shampoo, etc. There was no hairdryer, but one was available when we asked at the desk.

The hotel room was small but clean and adequate. There was free coffee and tea in the morning in the lobby. The staff was helpful when asked.

Very "okay" and that is it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

VERY noisy all night - and when desk person asked about the stay and we mentioned the noise, he didnt even seem inclined to address it and didnt even look up at us with any response.

It was clean and in a mice location, but attitude of staff and extreme noise all night just really made this an "economy" hotel.

The front desk clerk was friendly and kind.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

More lighting in the parking lots!! I felt like my car could get broken in to- because there were hardly any security lights.

The mattress was hard. The TV did have some good channels.

The staff seemed to be nice and in decent spirits. The overall maintenance could use work.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was a little run down. Should've been an easy fix, but seems like management doesn't care. Caulking in bathroom was grotesque. Massive stains in all of the hallways. This could actually be a nice place, but like I stated before, it seems like management doesn't care.

We were very dissatisfied!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No heat, soiled sheets, dirty toilet.... we were asked at night to keep it down the guy was good about it... we were quite after that went to bed.... the lady in the morning called us to threaten us about the complaints they received from the prior night, which she way exaggerated on due to the following night we had the neighbors and they said they never complained in the first place.... she was rude to us. And we never raised hell over are conditions in the room! You say safe secure building... back push or pull anyone can come and go....

Our lady upon CheckIn was great! Clo se to our venue...

Will always come back to Motel 6
    • Standard Room

They didn't have any Kleenex in the room or telephone book for me too locate people that I was looking for in Lacrosse other than that I enjoyed the room in the staff was congenial

It was easy to find centrally located the staff gave me the room that I want it in the cleaning staff provided me with extra towels when I needed them.

A nice place to visit and to stay.
    • Standard Room

I was happy that it had a refrigerator and a microwave and enough towels for me to take care of my personal hygiene other than that the staff was cooperative and I like the location. And I have total number of friends about the place that normally come to La Crosse so I hope they come to your facility because it's worth the price.

You get what you pay for 😊
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Waited a very long time to be checked in. There was a group ahead of me and the clerk was not moving very quickly. There was no shampoo or conditioner in the room. Otherwise I feel we got what we paid for.

We didn’t get to the hotel until midnight so it was nice to have an affordable hotel room in the area as the weather was terrible and it was a last minute booking.

Good for what you pay.
    • Standard Room

You could definitely tell that the bed was an older one because of the quality of it. Secondly, the walls were so thin. We heard our neighbors next to us argue throughout our entire stay, and the ones above us walking and arguing as well.

The room was clean and the housekeepers were very friendly. The room was a bang for the buck too, because it was really clean and overall, very comfortable.

There were literally bugs in the beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were literally bugs in the beds... Sheets were covered with hair. Honestly, it was disgusting. I couldn't make it through the night there, moved on to the next inn.

Pleasant stay for a good price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Motel 6 provides basic accommodation but offered a very pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable and staff was there when needed. The only thing "missing" were amenities like a hair dryer or iron, but I'm assuming you could get this from the desk if needed. Also, there was a small fitness center (treadmill and bike) which was a nice surprise and (pay to use) washer and dryer.

Economical but good

We slept in a first floor room #141 and the room above us was quite noisy with a creaky floor with someone walking to and fro for a long time. So get a second floor room. Otherwise it was clean and very inepensive so excellent value for money.

Overall if I went back to the city I probably would book with some other motel/hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cleanliness of the room was not so good. Their was stains in the carpet, and the shower also wasn't very clean. The bed to me was hard as a rock. Some rooms came with a mini fridge and microwave others did not. Yet you pay the same amount for a room that has that and a room that dont. The windows were covered with spider webs.

Pleasant and acceptable.

This is the third year I have stayed at this motel. The staff is pleasant and helpful. I had a small problem with my toilet Sat. evening and they came to fix it. For the amount of time you spend in a room it is acceptable.

We come to LaCrosse frequently..we won't stay here again.Ever.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

People partying in parking lot, mattresses so thin and worn you could feel each coil, rusty, gross heating vents, dark hallways.'90s-era TV, Would have been understandable if we'd paid $80 a night but we paid $148!!

Friendly staff.

Awesome staff!

Outdated rooms. Air conditioner put out such a bad smell that I had to leave the window open which led to me having only 3 hours of sleep due to the people in the parking lot and my room was on 1st floor so it was like they were right beside me.

Greg was awesome! So friendly and a life saver

We had a bad first night stay in the room, staff refunded us fully.
    • Standard Room

There was mold in the air conditioner in the floor was wet from the humidity and mold, the room smelled like mold.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating once we had a bad room

stayed here because of the proximity to some dining options we like while in La Crosse.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The domestic dispute that police investigated through out the day on Saturday, too many people hanging out at the doors for their cigarette break. I made a few of them jump when they saw my little american eskimoe dog. Shady character parked in the dark area of the parking lot letting his dog roam with no leash. Will not stay again.

Close to good dining options. Will not stay again.

Overall met what we expected

I booked three roms. One king, one queen , and one double. They didn't have the queen available so we ended up with another double instead. Really wanted a queen, since that is what I reserved. The gal at the desk was nice, but said it was due to the communication between the bookings!?? Why bother to choose your room if they are not going to honor what you've chosen. Apparently there were only doubles left!?

This place is good if you are travelling through and need a cheap place to stay.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The wi-fi was slow and difficult and only one of my devices would work with it. There were extensive roadworks taking place just outside which made the place look a bit 'untidy', but when this is complete it will be fine.

For the price this motel was good. The staff were friendly and the room was fine. The location was fine too. The room and bathroom were very clean and the complimentary coffee in the morning was very welcome.

Nice place if all you want is a place to sleep.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room wasn't vacuumed very well by housekeeping prior to my stay. Found crumbs and candy wrappers from the previous guest under the bed.

Easy to find location.

The overall experience was decent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that I had to book two rooms to accommodate a family of 6 (with all four children being ages 6 and under). It was inconvenient as well as obviously twice as expensive.

The value of the rooms are exceptional.

One of the nicer low cost options to stay in LaCrosse.

Well, our room (141) had a leak coming in from the bathroom on the second floor. The bathroom floor was pretty wet after the people using the room upstairs had taken a shower. And, the whole room kind of smelled of mold.

The woman at the front desk was awesome. We came in very late and I was exhausted but she kept making me laugh and was very speedy getting us into the room. Check in and out was super fast. Coffee is decent there for motel coffee. Our room was clean. The bed was soft and comfy and there were plenty of pillows. Even though we were right by the door to the parking lot, I wasn't bothered by too much noise.

For the price, it was ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little hard. No nice places for pets to potty. Strong smell of deodorizer or disinfectant in the entire building

Coffee in the morning and Air conditioning was great!

Been in worse, but it serves its function
    • Standard Room

a/c only worked on low (took over 6 hours to cool room), but every Motel 6 I've been in has some equipment function issue --- no tv channel guide (but that 30 minutes of effort is lacking in every Motel 6 I've been to) --- CRT tv in 2017?

car did not get broken into --- a Taco Bell close by (walking distance) --- reasonably clean --- staff/cleaning crew friendly, etc.

Not pleasant!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The morning staff didn't even greet us....the hotel had a odor of musty shoes..and the road construction to get to the hotel was awful.

The Night staff (manager)was very friendly.

We would not return. Consider a poor value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No continental breakfast. Only coffee and tea. Poor to fair maintenance. Some holes in walls and carpets. Old tv. No clock. Bathroom door sticks.

The matress.

Good place to stay for the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was freezing when we walked in. We turned the AC off and it quickly became more comfortable.

Withing walking distance of a restaurant since the motel did not serve breakfast.

Check elsewhere first.
    • Standard Room

Bathroom and sink are separated. The price was very high for that kind of a room. Room was small. I've paid less for bigger and better beds elsewhere but this time was an emergency.

The air conditioning was easy to control.

I liked it when staff knocked before entering our room.
    • Standard Room

I did not like being kicked out, with no money, a child and no place to go. The managers were judgemental and gave no consideration to all of the extenuating cercomstances surrounding my situation. Just left to sleep in the street. And we did.

I liked it when staff knocked before entering our room.

Low rates, pet friendly, perfect location
    • Queen Room with Jacuzzi - Non-Smoking

Pretty quite. Staff very helpful. Lowest rates in area. Location is amazing. Almost in the middle of anything you'd need. Very pet friendly as well.

Jacuzzi in room was clutch after a long day of moving.

Close to the downtown and a few restaurants.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our tv wasn't working and after 8 hours of driving with 2 kids we really just wanted to relax and unwind. The hotel did not have maintenance on hand and had no other available rooms. They did not offer any discount or anything but "sorry, there isn't anything we can do."

Close to the downtown and a few restaurants. Staff was friendly and gave good suggestion to visit Grandad Bluff!

Okay for the $$$.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Basically, just the setting--more industrial.

The receptionist clerk, Carrie, early evening on 7/29, was very friendly and went out of her way to be helpful with directions in and around the Lacrosse area. She was an A+.

Good value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Wifi is awful- literally does not work at all, ever. I stayed here for about 2 weeks, and was told by the staff that this is pretty typical

The staff is great, overly polite for the most party. And the room is great value for the price they are charging

For the price it was ok...

The impression upon entering was that the place needs a good upgrade/cleaning/updating to the 2000's (from the 1990's). Hallways were very dimly lit, color scheme in the place was outdated and dirty.

The room was adequate for what we needed, although it was a tight fit for my husband's wheelchair. Staff was easy to get along with.

Good, economical accommodations. I'd stay here again.
    • Standard Room

Not the property's fault, but the someone's darn car alarm went off for nearly two hours in the middle of the night. Perhaps if the staff knew whose car it was they could have called them and had the alarm terminated. It cost me and I'm sure a few others a few hours sleep.

Good economical accommodations. I had everything that I needed.

Carl the manager.
    • Standard Room

Loud neighbors.. Woke up to someone knocking on our door at 4 am. Not sure what they wanted but they finally went away after 5 minutes of trying to get in.

Carl the manager. Hes always helpful and nice when I go in there.

People out in the parking lot at 3:30am drinking and what...
    • Standard Room

People out in the parking lot at 3:30am drinking and what ever else they were doing. I felt uncomfortable with my vehicle being outside. It's no fault of the hotel but road construction made it difficult to get into facility. I picked up a daily deal online for the room which made it cheap, I was okay with the small bed for me and my wife but we had no refrigerator or microwave in the room. All in all I'm glad we were just staying the one night.

Nice hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

While we were outside having a cigarette another couple had come out and asked us for drugs my children were with us and had over heard them ask that question we were not happy about that

Great room we really liked that the air conditioner had a remote,the beds were super comfortable the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful

Great place if you just need a comfortable place to sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction close to location. Communication between staff shifts seemed non existent. Maintenance person seemed more concerned with getting "done on time" than helping us with an unusual situation.

Good sized room for the cost. A/C worked well. Sufficient parking. Easy access to highway.

Value at its Best
    • Standard Room

You can only expect what you pay for. There was NOTHING to dislike at the very reasonable price.

This is value at its best....clean, good bed, and reasonably priced. It is exactly what I look for in a motel. This motel is my go-to choice when riding the MC in the La Crosse area. We have stayed here three times and we are coming back.

Shabby not chic
    • Standard Room

No coffeepot or refrigerator. No view. Clean but shabby...not chic.

The room was clean, vinyl flooring, no carpet. Its a no frills place, bring your own shampoo. None provided. Microwave in room, no coffeepot or refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Average

The carpet in room was dirty. Bed had dirt in it between the sheets and didn't look like it was changed. If you're tight on money it did the job. Very minimal.

Cheap and nice staff.

Great price and wonderful stay
    • Standard Room

Motel 6 facilities are sometimes in less than in ideal condition but this site was almost perfect. The staff was warm and very helpful. The room was very nice. The whole experience was wonderful.

One bed and it was very small, I don't think it could...
    • Standard Room

One bed and it was very small, I don't think it could have been a double bed, there is was no clock, no shampoo, or pen (I had a wedding card to sign)

Never again
    • Standard Room

The air conditioner was falling off the wall and one of the two chairs in our room was broken. The bathroom was very tiny and the decor is very old. The rooms desperately need upgrades as far as decor and paint. The lady who checked me out was dressed unprofessionally in ripped jeans and a T- shirt.

The check in lady was very nice and helpful.

I enjoyed it immensely!

not a thing!

For the price I paid, and with the hotel allowing smoking, I was expecting to have the sheets smell like smoke, but I was pleasantly surprised! No smoke smell at all! The room was nice and clean. Very impressed! I would gladly stay there again! Oh, plus it was easy to get to. The hotel was right off I-90, a quick left, and that's it. I was thinking I would eat at Pizza Hut and thought I would have to get directions, but - another surprise - it was right next door!