Reviews of Red Roof Inn and Suites Newark Delaware 2 stars

1119 South College Avenue, Newark, DE 19713, USA

#17 of 22 hotels in Newark

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

I like it and I will come to red roof first. Befor anything
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There wasn’t nothing to complain about because your customer service was good . Check in was great the directions of the room was giving good feed back

evsruthing was wat I expected . The viewings in-line matched . House keeping was amazing. Not only that check out was at a later time and friendlys was right next to it

The waffles were delicious and the bed was pretty comfy.

I didn’t like that there was no toothpaste in the room. I feel like a little tube would be fine even if it was just enough for two people to brush.

The waffles were delicious and the bed was pretty comfy.

Other than the bed, it was ok

Calling that a mattress would be a grave disservice to all mattresses. It sagged in the middle and tilted toward the bottom of the bed. Seeing as the room was accessible from the outside, one would expect a better lock on the "balcony" (it wasnt really a balcony, just had a sliding door to the sidewalk) than a bar that held the door in place.

The room was clean.

Rundown, noisy and a big dissapointment
    • Deluxe Double Room

This was the most run down, dirty place we have ever stayed in. We were also given a room by an exit and across from the ice machine so we did not get any sleep all night with the constant stream of people coming and going and filling up ice buckets all night. Bugs and mold in the bathroom, holes in walls, stains all over furniture and webs all over the windowsills inside our room.

Stay at Red Roof Inn in Newark, Delaware

Not much.

It's not a five-star hotel, definitely not the Mar-a-Lago :-) Besides that we got all we wanted for a great night sleep - a clean room and a comfortable bed. Plus the continental breakfast!!

You get what you pay for!

Security and surroundings were worrisome, and lots of signs saying that they are not responsible for theft. Nothing got stolen but I kept my valuables with me as much as possible. Room was dubiously clean -- lots of dust in corners, etc. Room was non-smoking but the hallways, etc, definitely were not -- not recommended for anyone sensitive to cigarette smoke. Pillows were tiny. Room across the hall seemed, somehow, to have a hoarder living in it.

Price was good -- came to only about $200 for 3 nights, which was a lot better than the $500+ for other local hotels. Shares a parking lot with a Friendly's, so, great ice cream and mediocre food. Free breakfast. On the DART line, close to I-95 and downtown / train station. Staff were nice and helpful. Free wireless internet worked well. Nice chair and desk in room.

Never again
    • Deluxe Double Room

I stayed here a few times with me an my fiancee an me fiancee an kids this is the 1st time I seen alot of bugs n my room at night. An will be my last time there

I stayed few times I like the ppl dnt bother you

Not a pleasant experience traveling overnight with my 12 year old son. It was dingy and smelled.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This was not a nice place. First, I was given a smoking room as they said that is the deal on Bookings.com. I was travelling with my 12 year old son. This was unacceptable. Next, the hallways smelled like smoke - not just fresh smoke but stale smoke. Overall the hallways were dingy and not pleasant. The rooms themselves were at the barest in terms of making someone feel comfortable. Everything was scratched and really beat up. There were cracks in the walls and ceiling. Rust stains throughout the bathroom. Again there was a smell of smoke throughout the front part of the room - that smell also included the smell of people smoking pot either in the hallway or in one of the neighboring room. This is NOT a place I recommend for families.

There was little to like with the exception that it was a place to sleep and the water worked.

Stay at Candlewood next door instead

Very Dated, building falling apart, inadequate towels in room, staff took over an hour to respond after 2 request made. $1.50 added per day for so called room safe usage, never used it but charged anyways, was told at checkin that would be removed at checkout. Unfortunately did not scrutinize my bill detailed enough when leaving.

Adequate, but dog friendly which is a plus.

Room was small and carrying luggage up stairs was difficult. Stairs are required to get to all rooms so no luggage carts could be used.

Quiet and comfortable and dog friendly

Read before you book!@@

This was definitely false advertisement. The pictures shown were totally different then what the rooms actually looked like. It smelled horrible. People actually in this motel. The hallway reeked of cannibas the entire weekend. The motel is in serious need of an upgrade. The blankets had cigarette burn holes in them. Tge sheets were badly stained. I could go on and on. I would definitely not be returning and would not recommend that any one waste their time.

A pleasant stay

Not applicable

They set the rules of conduct in writing. There were several choices for breakfast. We were greeted with a smile and were helpful at breakfast. The atmosphere was pleasant.

Very dis satisfied
    • King Suite

I didn't like the room it had a leek in the ceiling with rust dripping from the ceiling. Down the middle of the bed. No elevator which made it difficult to relocate to another room. Call booking .com was placed on hold then disconnected

The waffle Iron and juice cheese danish

I didn't like anything about the room. The first room had lights that did not work. Toilet was not working properly. Bed sheets were not changed and the mattress was sunken. Don't be fooled. Rooms too small. Nothing like the pictures you see on the web. Will never stay there again. Made a note to not Use them ever again.

i like the swift customer service.

my room smelled like baby piss,and the preparations for the room could have been better.

i like the swift customer service.along with the easy access rooms.

Disappointing stay!!!!!!!!!!!

I left the do not disturb tag in the door early Friday morning and left to attend a function. I rec’d a call from the hotel asking me if I were coming back to the hotel because they weren’t sure. Upon check in I paid for 3 nights. I was told housekeeping had been in the room and didn’t see any clothing..........So why the call AND WHY DID HOUSE KEEPING GO INTO THE ROOM???????? Nothing was done in the room. Saturday housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:00AM to clean the room. We were still sleeping!!!!!! We went out at 11:00 returned to the room at 4:00. Bed was not made, towels were not changed. Later in the night we ran out of toilet tissue. I called for toilet tissue, it never came!!!!! I was offered 15% off my next visit, I refused!!!!! I would not stay at this location ever again!!!!!!!!

Would not recommend location to others
    • King Suite

Room was okay old furniture in room. Windows dirty with excess dirt and bird poop. bathroom smelled mildew and the floor was sticky. Contacted housekeeping, a person from housekeeping came to the room and did not speak any English ,so it was difficult communicating with her. She proceeded to mop the bathroom floor with a broom and a towel and sprayed Febreze on the floor. After she did that the floor was still sticky and smelled like mildew

Speedy check in and check out and continental breakfast.

The quietness
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the fact that it is suppose to be pet friendly yet they put my husband and I out because my cat has 4 kittens that she is nursing was with us they said it was to many animals in one room the mother cat nor the kittens were destroying anything they were in a travel crate for cats the mother was let out to use her liter pan which I cleaned after each use. They asked us to leave but refused to give us cash back so that we could go to another hotel, I had to call the police who informed us that this hotel is being investigated because this is a common thing that they continue to do to people. I will be contacting the better business bureau.

The quietness

Absolutely nothing!

I didn't like anything. It smelled, not clean and I would never stay there again. The bed had a dent in it. There was no closet. The bar in which I was to hang my clothes didn't have hangers. The safe was at the front door (what an oxymoron). The TV had a line going down the middle. The toilet was not operable. Plus it was rusted. The wall paper was coming off. The light fixtures were broken. The stay was so unpleasant. I had to put a shirt over the pillow to sleep on it.

Absolutely nothing!

Very pleasant stay.

The keys kept needing recoded.

The room was cleaned each day and clean towels and bed made. The cleaning staff were nervous around our dog but no problem.

6.0
    The Disability room access was from a door with a high side...

The Disability room access was from a door with a high side walk and high step into the building. For a person in a wheelchair this is not appropriate.

Now a recommended hotel for UD visits

The only negative was the inflated price due to it being graduation weekend.

I originally stayed here on a UD visit 5 years ago and it was “adequate”. I have since stayed in several other hotels, a nicer combination of value and newer, cleaner rooms. I returned here only after the other places were sold out for graduation weekend. I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised. This place must be under new management- the staff, from the desk, breakfast, and room cleaners could not have been more cheerful and helpful. The rooms were spotless, and ready for us. Our threes rooms were put together without me needing to ask. A very positive experience!

Great value for what you are looking for in a convenient area and location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom which is 1 of the most important things when you stay somewhere was that the tub area had panels that were com ok ng off and the tub spout pulled out of wall.

Facility accepted dogs which made the stay very comfortable.

good value at the right place at the right time!

only hot food was carbs - waffles and oatmeal. so some scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage would have been great. thanks for the hard-boiled eggs - i didn't go away hungry.

Horrible. Will never stay again.
    • King Suite

The mattresses were stained. The room was filthy couldn't even walk bare foot. Requested a crib for my 1 year old. Tried to call a week before buy only an answering machine. When I checked in I asked for one they said by 8pm. 8:30pm I called they said 9pm. 9:30pm I called, finally a different person, they said they don't have cribs. The breakfast was all pre-packaged. Not one fresh pastry or anything. Even other family that stayed that weekend had mold in their shower and their fridge was too filthy to use. The one chair was stained.

The price

Carpet was dirty.

Carpet was dirty. The chair in the room was stained. The pillows were not regular size. The signs directing us to the rooms were hard to decipher. The breakfast was not that great. The bathroom was a little moldy

It wasn’t worth it.
    • King Suite

Well we found a used condom under the bed. The facility is run down and disgusting. Towels had hairs on them from the staff and bedroom had bugs and old food still on the ground.

The big bed and location

Friendliness of the front desk agent.

I found a hairnet from a previous guest in the closet area, dust, on the wall over the headboard picture was missing but the hooks were left on the wall, a rip on the carpet.

Friendliness of the front desk agent.

ok for a stop over hotel needs updating.
    • King Suite

Booked King size bed, received 2 queen size beds. Hotel is in need of updates, A/C was a little noisy the ceiling had water stains, the border on the walls peeling off where the water stains were. Missing /cracked tiles in the the bathroom.

Bed was comfortable. Overall for a stop over room was ok.

Avoid this place at all costs!
    • King Suite

Outdated, dirty, falling apart, water damage, smelly halls, the tub wouldn't drain, the layout of the rooms was strange, damaged windows. This place was a wreck! I cannot believe I paid $100 to stay in that dump!

Not much! Seriously disappointed that Booking gave this place such a high review.

It was nice from outside
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Looks a little out dated, needs some updates in rooms and in hallway. The bed and pillows was uncomfortable. Breakfast was over before 930.

It was nice from outside

Rip off motel
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

When i pull up to office 1st thing i see is how the awning is falling down, go to my room the toilet doesnt flush, sit on the toilet it isnt tight to the floor. What i payed isnt worth my money. See on the signs in the hotel pool. So i look 4 pool no pool, than why is it on the signs??? The maintance guy is dumber than dumb. I only stayed cause it was the only place with a Jacuzzi suite. When i went to book the room it said elevator, there was no elevators when i arrived. This place is junk and needs a makeover quick.

Good price, clean.

Toilet was plugged up upon arrival so it did not flush when used for the first time at night and they couldn't provide a plunger until the morning so we had to go downstairs to use a shared bathroom. Only hot food items at breakfast were waffles and instant oatmeal. Would've been really nice to have eggs and sausage in addition.

Friendly staff, clean, breakfast included, all the needed toiletries in the room as well as a fridge AND a microwave.

The stay was only enjoyable because of the company I had and the staff did a more than adequate job.

Girlfriend was unable to use the supplied hair dryer and the face bowl was real slow draining, like it was cloaked. it took me until morning to be able to logon to the wifi.

The size of the room. The breakfast area and food was satisfactory.

Nice place for short staying.

The worse thing is that this hotel is a little bit far from the town center and university. When you don't have a car it is problematic. Because the nearest bus stop is 2 km away. But this is the answer, why the prices are so good. Another thing is the breakfast was not very manifold.

Very comfortable place. Personal is always friendly and understandable. When I needed to continue staying in this hotel for extra 7 days, the manager took the same price from me, despite the price on a website was higher.

The staff was great.

The first room had a very strong cigarette smell, but they change us for another room immediately. I have nothing to complain.

The staff was great. The room is comfortable and safe.

It served my purposes well and I'd book there again.

Nothing comes to mind. As stated previously,the facility exceeded my expectations.

For the amount I was paying, the facility exceeded my expectations. Didn't expect it to be nearly as nice. It was also clean, spacious and well put together.

Wonderful!

We were greeted at the front desk very quickly by 2 hosts. They asked if we wanted a 1st or 2nd floor room, which I thought was very considerate. We were just staying one night on the way to our destination, arriving a little after 10pm and we would be on the road at 7am. Since the breakfast started at 7am on Saturday, we decided we would wait until after we'd eaten and we were glad we did! We've eaten in other hotels of similiar quality etc., but this place had the best waffle mix. There were 2 hosts in the dining room being very attentive to see that all the food was stocked and fresh. Our room appeared clean, nothing lingering on the sink or shower/bath unit, and we felt comfortable turning the lights out! If we return in that direction again, we'd be a fool not to stay there for the price and convenience, and no highway noise!

Bath linens sparse, room somewhat small no night table on...

It is dated and would benefit from some tlc upgrades. But met basic needs.

Bath linens sparse, room somewhat small no night table on one side of the bed,bed comfy, tv small

Good basic place to stay for a few nights. Not sure I would want to be there more than 3 nights tho

OK. This may sound a bit odd, but I encountered strange hallway smells on a couple occasions. Once, it was very strong ethnic cooking smells, another time a skunky, old marijuana smoke smell. My room itself always smelled clean and fresh.

Inexpensive rate. The free breakfast was pretty good, I also make extensive use of the free Internet access for work (my stay came with this, be sure to double check if you will be needing it as I saw signs in the lobby that seemed to indicate that there was a fee). The room and location were pretty quiet and comfortable overall.

It could have a lot better!

When I walked into the lobby the lady behind the counter ignored me and held a conversation with another guest or friend, not sure which one she was because the lady had given her a treat to eat. She then proceeded to ignore me again and help a male customer that showed up to the counter after me. At this point I did not know what to do, I was so tired I soaked it up and just went along. Well, it is very cold outside and the heater was making a clanking noise and eventually stopped working at 1 AM in the morning. The room was as cold as I don't know what. I was too exhausted to get up and ask for another. I had a early morning ahead of me. In this weather a room that is cold is not healthy. I have stayed at this location at few times and I stay because of convenience and location.

Nothing at this time.

Too Expensive for 1-2 star Hotels when 4&5s have the location luxury and price to match or beat them
    • King Suite

Price is always disproportionately higher per sq ft and the level of luxury is nowhere near what every surrounding destination has to offer. Why stay in a 400sq ft suite for almost $70 with t&fs that has a view of a barren tree line blocking I-95, when can stay in a Suite on any number of 21 floors up or down, that's about 900sq ft, in the heart of Center City, on the parkway, overlooking Franklin Park, with a clear line of the legendary Art museum that is nothing less than astounding, and fluctuates at about the same price, along with just about every other hotel that is much to be desired in center City. It seems HotelTonight always undercuts every other booking platform in Center City, that it's never my 2nd choice for all of my Philadelphia stays. It feels like you stole the most luxurious room in the best place ever in philly and the bookings down here feel like strong arm robbery that they try and hide behind a free breakfast with NO BACON?!

Seclusion

its was nice stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

the washer n dryer was too much money should be cheaper at hotel then outside laundry outside of hotel was cheaper n clean clothes better top load washer is not a good machine for clothes too old

staff very nice n room was comfy

I will never book here again. There are cheaper facilities with nicer accommodations.
    • Deluxe Double Room

-Check-in took too long -Night staff were nonchalant and didn’t seem to care -Room wasn’t clean to perfection (I had to clean chocolate off of the rug) -Room has a funny smell -Wasn’t worth the price

It was quiet.

It's deffinatley a bargain price you can win on; but take photos of room before unloading
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

I got the suite with the hot tub. The tiles on the stairs to get in the tub were covered with a towel to cover up the broken loose tiles. I'm the bathroom the towel rack had a broken hinge. The bathroom fan and heat lamp did not work. The hot tub had broken buttons. It seems they would only fix things unless absolutely necessary.

You get as what you asked for

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was at least a place to sleep and shower.

The first room we were put in, we checked the mattress as we always do and we found evidence of where there once had been bed bugs (black marks in several places along the seam of the mattress) and there was also a large reddish stain near the head of the mattress. The room overall had an "off" smell which might have come from mattress.

The room we ended up moving to smelled fresh and clean.

Inexpensive - Got What I Paid For

The breakfast was so-so. The room was large but under furnished. Nice large sitting area but the tv was in the bedroom portion of the room and couldn’t be seen from the sitting area. Plus there was a rip in the fabric of the couch and the carpet seams around the hotel were fraying. Definitely needs updates.

The price was the best thing about this booking. The room was large and things were clean.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The lady at the front desk was shady and extremely...

The lady at the front desk was shady and extremely unfriendly. She put a bad taste in my mouth the minute I checked in, and I dreaded having to speak to her about anything. If you book through a third party site, they will probably try to tell you that there was an issue with your reservation so that you cancel it and book directly through them. Just a warning.

Found Bedbugs!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We got bit by 3 BEDBUGS!!!!! Found 1 on pillow, and 2 on mattresses!!!!

The room and motel overall wasn’t bad it was a very comfortable room and bed, the view was nice, staff were friendly for the most part it was clean

Clean enough, decent value for money but looked like a “trap” hotel for long term residents

No matter which way you turned, the entire hotel, all of the halls were drenched in the smell of Marijuana and including inside of our room which wasn’t as bad as any of the halls but bad enough that I had to smell all night and all morning. You couldn’t run from it. Also the bathroom ceiling tiles were stained and falling apart, mild around the shower tub.

Easy check in, quiet room

Awesome! We will definitely be staying here again!

Nothing. No complaints here. Everything was great.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was extremely clean, cozy, and comfortable. The comp breakfast was delicious. The property was well kept and clean. And you can't beat the price for what you received.

Clock in room wasn't even set to daylight savings shiws no attention to detail.

Front desk agent should not be in the hospitality industry. Unfriendly, incoming and robotic. Coffee .aker in room did not work. TV had lines going down the screen.

It was a place to sleep for the night

What an experience!

There was no elevator. The ice machine is downstairs in the lobby. Also, when you arrive late at night to check in the doors are locked and the clerk is behind a glass door.

The room was very spacious.

Needs a gut and remodel!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our room was gross. The carpets were stained with big red spots all over, we joked and hoped it wasn’t blood, there were stains on the night table, on the chair, and other colored stains on the carpet. We did NOT have a smoke detector-it was actually taken off the wall with the wires left hanging out, the drawer to the dresser was completely broken and just pushed in sideways to keep it from falling out and the bed was resting on pieces of cut wood because they must have been missing pieces of the legs of the bed. There was also garbage left over under our bed from who knows when. The bathroom toilet kept running and we had to open the top and manually stick our hand in the tank to release the plunger so the toilet could fill up. The smell in the hallway wasn’t pleasant and the carpet in the hallway was stained all down the hallway. This place needs a complete remodel. Oh and the pictures hanging up in the rooms were all chipped and peeling on the frames.

The staff was very pleasant.

Disgusting
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

they did not had eggs bacon just toast waffles and cereal room were dirty I stay in a suit Jacuzzi didn't work bed look like if sheets were used nasty never again would i go there

Decent overnight spot with friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast could have been a little bit better. It was ok and for the price I couldn't complain.

Good price and decent room. Nothing special but a nice place to stay. I liked it for the night.

Great place to stay for the money, and close to everything.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The Wifi -- hooking up to the wifi is easy. But getting it to stay hooked up without going to a "limited" connection is a pain. Every hour or so, it cut out for a couple of hours at a time. Had to use my hotspot because I work online and need the net. The place has a few separate buildings, so it can be confusing to find your room and which door to enter. The keys only work on certain doors, so that if you go in the wrong door, you can't get to your room. No elevators. If you don't like climbing stairs or have a lot of stuff or small kids to carry, make sure to request a disability access room. They're on the first floor.

Pro/con: The Wifi is free - when it turns on it works great and is pretty damned fast when it does. Pro: Other things - the staff is uber friendly. There's plenty of parking. But, the rooms are huge and nicely situated. Easily access pretty much anything from here. Del U, the stadium, and lots of places to eat. Strip mall about two miles down the road. Everything else is awesome. Oh, and they're pet-friendly and have smoking rooms too.

Location was good.

Poor poor quality! Bathroom shower was dingy. Towel rack was hanging off the wall. Ceilings cracking and sink would stop up. Room VERY outdated! Very noisy in the morning. Had planned to sleep in but could not due to noise. Budget friendly but not nice.

Location was good. Close to the highway and lots of restaurants and amenities nearby.

Staff was friendly and courteous.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel and room were musty smelling. Full length mirror that used to be on the bathroom door was gone (glue still there) and there was a hole in the bathroom door. Some mold in tub area. Was in Newark for UD parents weekend. All hotels in area jack up the prices for this weekend.

Staff was friendly and courteous. Bed was comfortable. Good location.

It was completely disgusting! Wouldn’t stay here ever again!

Everything! There was absolutely nothing to like about this room and property! It should be shut down!

Nothing! This was the most disgusting room/hotel I have ever stayed in. I was deceived online to what the accommodations would be like! It was filthy, smelled of pets and smoke and extremely run down!

Staff and location were great but would not stay here again.

The facility is old and needs a lot of renovations. It smells musty, the blinds were torn and there was mold in the shower. The furniture was sticky and the carpet was dirty. As it was parents weekend, the cost of the room was incredibly expensive.

The front desk staff were very friendly. The location was very convenient to the University of Delaware.

Better than sleeping in our car!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not enough towels, parking lot is super bright, curtains do not keep the light out of the area, breakfast is mediocre, building is aging and needs fixing (torn curtains), no tissues in room, no where to plug in usb charger (bring your own adaptors!).

Lots of doors to get jnside from parking area.

Woman at front desk (RJ?) was very nice and accommodating;
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Shower had plumbing problems; beds were very uncomfortable; room was clean but poorly lit, and smelled musty unless we kept the a/c running. Owners seem to be trying to improve the property but they have a long way to go.

Woman at front desk (RJ?) was very nice and accommodating; A/C in room worked well; television seemed to be new and worked well.

desparate

The carpet and chair was stained there was hair in the bed, room looked very run down and dirty. The room key didn't have building number on it and attendant never told us about a building number so we walked around the hole complex confused to where are room was and our room was on the second floor but floors where not labeled clearly.

I will never stay at a red roof inn again unless I looked at it first.

Hotel was really run down and dirty. Was put in a smoking room and asked if they had a non smoking but the hotel was full. Outlet didn't work in the bathroom. The bed was dipped in the middle. Was charging my phone in my car and some creepy guy walked up to my window and started talking to me. Took him a while to go away. Called other hotels in the area but they were all booked too. Got a few hours sleep and got the heck out of there before 5 am.

I did not like anything about this hotel.

Not up to even modest standards.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

When booking, the smoking rooms are not clearly labeled as smoking, so I inadvertently reserved a double queen smoking room. They were pretty booked but they found a non-smoking suite for us. The hotel is a series of different buildings and it is very confusing. The building was old and worn, though some things seemed relatively recently upgraded (like the hall wallpaper). (I'm guessing from other positive reviews that maybe some of the buildings are renovated and nice). Our room was grubby. There was a stickinesss to some of the carpet and the dressers and desks were very scratched up and sticky like old varnish. The couch (which I assume was a sleep sofa) but was not looking very clean so we didn't open it. The windows were old and hazy. They didn't provide much sound barrier to the parking lot that was right outside our window and the road next to it. The air conditioning seemed like it was working but never really cooled the room, despite turning it down to 60 (which for us is REALLY cold). The bathroom was clean enough I guess. Everything was in need of renovation so it seemed dirty. We don't have super high expectations for a modest hotel like this, but this one did not meet our expectations. Also, it seems there are people living in the hotel week-to-week as a home (not business travelers). There were pots and pans or personal effects outside some of the rooms that had sliders to the outside. The hallway noises (i.e. people talking late into the night with much profanity) were clearly heard through our door. We did not attend breakfast so we cannot comment, but the coffee we brewed in the room was mediocre. We did not use the Television (a small wide screen - looked sufficient enough) and the wifi was fine.

The staff was cheerful and helpful at registration. There was a booking misunderstanding and they worked hard to make it right. I was upgraded to a "suite" at no additional charge. The suite was large, had two double beds, a small divider between the sleeping area and the sitting area with a sofa (that was probably a sleep sofa) and desk. It would have been nice for us (traveling with two teens) had it been in better shape. The shower curtain was new and attractive.

I would never stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Limited towels and the amenities were not clean, ants in the rooms, bathroom small and dirty looking. Breakfast was very limited and dogs were all over the place

That the staff was helpful

It was acceptable but wouldn't recommend as a female traveling alone.

Explanation on where all pertinent facilities were would have been very helpful; i.e. fitness room and breakfast area. The room was extremely cold and had several areas with cigarette burns on the counters. Unfortunately I also saw a few bugs in the bathroom.

The female front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful; the gentleman was rather neutral and explained parking, but it left me with the feeling that certain parking spots weren't as safe as others.

Glad it's over!!!!!

I was in a smoking room as I requested, however; I made sure that I notified the front desk about the "HOLES" in the comforter so that I wouldn't be charged. I took my shoes situated and walked to the bathroom, my footies got dirty...the carpet was ragged, worn and dirty.

mainly the location because it was close to the university.....There was a drunk lady lurking around. See other comments below.

Overall good stay for the price

Only one light in our room worked and it was a small desk lamp. While the staff was apologetic and checked the light bulbs after we notified them, you'd expect the room lights to be working when you get there.

The bed was comfortable and the lobby had a computer hooked up to a printer

Horrible
    • King Room - Disability Access

Room was dirty police was in and out the hall way I requested non smoking and the room plus hall way smell like a pack of Newport and i had a 3 month baby

Won't stay there again.

No *cold* water in the tap. Overall stinky place. The breakfast ends early so we couldn't even get there. Were welcomed at 2am check-in through a bullet proof glass as if we were criminals.

Easy motel-like access to the car.

Horrible
    • King Room - Disability Access

The desk person was unprofessional, my bathroom had a leak it ceiling, old furniture, not worth the amount I paid, aside from the fact it housed undesirable people there

Extremely thin walls, neighbors tv kept us up all night,...

Extremely thin walls, neighbors tv kept us up all night, young child screaming in the parking lot very early in the morning, musty awful smell in the room

Just not pleased with the stay at this location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

My room was great,however, my handicapped mother and sister's room was disastrous. There was evidence of a huge water leak in the corner of the room. Not even near the bathroom. There was NO pool, which was advertised and the main reason I chose the place. Hence, traveling with my grandchildren as well.

The size of the rooms. Comfort of the beds. Staff very friendly.