Reviews of Clarion Inn & Suites at International Drive 3 stars

9956 Hawaiian Court, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

Did not enjoy our stay.

For 2 days we had no internet in own room, on cell phone and tablet. I called the desk and she said she will notify the internet company. D and it never got fixed. The web site said free breakfast when we got there we were informed meals not included in our rate.

It’s a must stay overall u will love the rooms staff n location

The only dislike about this hotel was getting to my room from the lobby it’s a lot of walking not enough elevator to get u where u need to be it’s like a maze but other then that I was very pleased

I liked everything about this hotel the room was very clean the location was perfect and the staff was very friendly n helpful.

Good value for money.

A little dated with room that smelled of cleaning liquid. Breakfast was overprized for what it offered. Bad was not the latest version and a little dated.

Entry level hotel very well situated close to all parks and with lot's of restaurants close by. Good value for money. Free parking with lot's of space.

The stay was ok for my short stay, It was close to the event we was going to.

Did not like the idea that you had to carry your bag up the stairs to your room, Did not like the idea that you had to go down stairs to warm my baby milk are pop popcorn, because there was no Microwave in my room. The pool was alway dirty because people left there clothes behind, did not like stepping over underwear.

The motel was clean. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The security was great.

I had a great stay! Staff was friendly and the facility was clean.

Small TV!!! The tv was probably a 24 inch and it was not close to the bed.

The hotel was recently remodeled and good for the price. Located right at the end of the strip, it was the perfect location.

It was ok.
    • Queen Room with Courtyard View

The breakfast was a little expensive not to have a lot to choose from for 8.00.They need too step their game up on that in order to make awesome sells on breakfast.

It was quiet.

Convenient, comfortable, value for money.
    • King Room with Courtyard View

Easy walking distance to the convention centre (west concourse). Also almost adjacent to Rosen Plaza with covered walkways/bridgelinks (via convention centre) to Hyatt, Hilton & Rosen Central Free hotel parking. Heated swimming pool A 24h Walgreens, MacDonalds, Denny's etc also on the Hawaiian Court plaza.

Worst so called professionals on the clock

Items were damaged during the stay and the staff was rude, did not give straight answers and ultimately did nothing to the parties responsible for damages to my property.

The only perk was how close it was to the attractions.

Perfect location aa we were visiting Sea World.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Fridge in first room smelled like it was burning up. A/C in second room did not work. Some criminal element in area.

Perfect location aa we were visiting Sea World. Excellent staff...Ephney was a true host and gentleman.

The whole experience was horrible .
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything could’ve been better !

The room was very small. There was no microwave. When we woke up in the morning we found a roach crawling on the sink. They offered To move us to a different room on the second floor, but would not offer an updated room or any discount for the inconvenience . Oh and there is. O elevator so we had to drag all of our stuff up the stairs . That night we wanted to go to the hot tub and it was locked even though it was suppose to be open until 10 pm. We spoke to 3 different staff members and they kept saying they sent someone we waited for 20-30 minutes and it was never opened . Worst experience ever. Will not return

The room was dirty and smelled sour. Just not a good experience at all
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

See above answer. Bad bad experience

I was put in a handicap room. I could not shower due to a bench that had pladtic padding that had holes and mildew starting It was not a good experience. I told the front desk. But they didn’t care. So.....

Very convenient to Sea World and there were several...

There wasn't any channel listings in the room or pad and pen. Didn't receive our requested wake up call.

Very convenient to Sea World and there were several restaurants and gas stations nearby.

Very unhappy

I didn’t like that I went to put my child in the bath and the faucet came off the wall and hit her. Had she been sitting down it would of hit her in the face.

Nice room for the money. Coming back again this weekend but will probably stay somewhere else.

We were placed on the side of the hotel (which was slow) near a party next door that kept my husband up which the manager was aware of. Why not place people away from the noise if you know there is a party going on next door? We also had no phone service in our room and bedsheets were stained.

Close to seaworld

Upon checking in, our room’s AC was leaking and a large area...

Upon checking in, our room’s AC was leaking and a large area of the floor was soaking wet. I had to ask the front desk 3 times to take a look at it. They finally gave us a different room the last night of our stay.

2 queen beds room

The only negative I saw was a bit of rust around the bottom outside of tub.

I love that everything was clean and housekeeping cleaned our room. The location was great with public transport and food places nearby. I would stay again.

Pleased.

I don’t think they had an elevator but I don’t mind the steps.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and big. The location was within walking distance to the convention center and IHOP and other restaurants and a Walgreens also. It was an 8 minute drive to SeaWorld and about 20 minutes to the airport. Nice pool.

It was ok
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Most places like this have had a continental breakfast, this one didn’t. We were there for soccer tournament which starts early morn and that is the best way to get some food into the boys b4 going. We didn’t have a microwave in our room either.

The bed was great!

Not worth it

Hard beds, floor was wet from bad refrigerator, needs a fresh paint, do not disturb sign was taken off the door, musty smell.

Pillows, close to Sea World, thats about it

Very enjoyable. Will be staying here again definitely.
    • Queen Room with Courtyard View

The bathroom was the first time in ANY motel that was actually truly handicap accessible. A shower with a seat. Room large enough for wheelchair was so nice.

Great location!!
    • King Room with Courtyard View

No comforters for the bed and there was refrigerator in the room but no microwave..

Location was great, right near the convention center. We only needed to walk a couple of blocks to get to MegaCon.

Book somewhere else!!!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We experienced a flooding leak from the a/c unit which almost caused a serious fall the staff didn't know what they were doing they moved us next door where the tub has seen better days we never could get a manager everyone seemed to be "on the premises but not available" there was no professionalism nor courtesy we had a dead battery when we had to leave a no one would assist us no one owned a car which is a laugh in Florida we would never stay at clarion again nor recommend to worst of enemy it turned what was supposed to be a relaxing night away into a stressful frustrating occurrence and as soon as I call down I am going to write to clarion directly they need to train their staff and actually make sure they know how to find there way around their own hotel the one person who tried to assist my husband to the front desk got lost!

This place exceeded my expectations and will certainty be a place that I will revisit in the future.
    • King Room with Courtyard View

When I went to eat breakfast, there was a roach crawling on my plate. I almost didn't eat but they gave me a clean plate and said they would reemberse me the cost of my breakfast.

I had a room near the pool which was very convenient. My bed was so comfortable, some times it was hard to get up and enjoy my vacation. All I wanted to do was just stay in such a comfortable bed.

Great place to stay!

The location and staff were great! After a very long delay at the airport the front desk and night management went above and beyond to make my stay more comfortable. Thank you for being considerate!

Would have preferred staying elsewhere regardless of great rates

Pool,nothing like indicated in pics, lounge shown was never open ..balcony is not accessible because they are screwed closed with signs on the doors indicating "door do not open"

Location was the only redeeming asset

Sheets were clean.

Shower and tub were rusty. Couldn’t get water in shower to turn on. Room had a musty smell. Having to pay deposit on top of room upon checking in was not acceptable.

Sheets were clean. Price was ok

Horribly

I didn't like anything about this hotel wish I hadn't booked it

The web site for this site looks better than the rooms....its not worth the money only good thing was it was near everything. The hotel is dirty the staff was rude, sketchy people just walking around.

Nice stay clean room....a good deal real fair price!!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

All good except the rain and weather!! 😳

I lost a Very valuable item and left it in the hall way and one of the staff found it and brought it to front desk!!!! All my $$$$ check books credit cards meds etc Made my month Thank You again!!! I’m coming back 😀👍🙏🙏

Great location but could use some work elsewhere.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room smell funky when we entered and could not find a bottle of water anywhere. Vending machines were out of order and bar was also out of bottled water.

Location was close to the airport

Cheap place to lay my head, would not stay there again.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was clean but musky. The hallways were dirty. All drink machines were "Out of Order" therefore I had to walk over to another place to get a drink. Wifi was crappy, not a good choice if traveling for business.

Staff was very helpful when I arrived before the standard check-in time. Location was fine with several places within walking distance.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rooms were clean but needed to keep things better looking like the toilet seat and lid was old and pealing. The hotel only has two microwaves, no snack vending machines, and the pop machines were almost all empty. Their wifi was very poor so be sure to have your data turned on. The hallways needed swept.

What you would expect for $60

I didn’t like that the one vending machine working only had two flavors of soda available.

We liked the extra pillows provided and the price. It was an older hotel but kept up.

Paid an unbeatable rate for a clean room with a bed, small...

A minor quibble: the room lighting had daylight-type CFL bulbs which gave a blueish light which I found harsh. For the amount of time I spent in my room it wasn't really an issue.

Paid an unbeatable rate for a clean room with a bed, small refrigerator and TV. Room was quiet, clean and had the amenities a business traveller might need: hair dryer, iron and ironing board, wardrobe, dresser and desk. Room was cleaned and tidied daily. Plenty of fresh towels. Hotel has a bar, restaurant, pool and hot tub, and on-premises self-serve laundry facilities. It is a 5 minutes walk to the Orange County Convention Center and several other large hotel convention centres. Seaworld is a short distance away and the hotel is located next to the intersection of International Drive and Destination Parkway, public transportation is available. Convenience features of the neighbourhood include Denny's, Walgreens, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts.

Perfect accommodation for short-term business travel. A colleague brought his family and they enjo

Location is great. Overpriced for rooms
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was too cold. Light switches did not work, had to call front desk twice and then go to lobby before I was provided extra blankets and two tv remotes that were not in the room.

Location and happy hour.

The room was clean and comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I asked for a wake-up call when I checked in I never got the wake-up call and I was late to my meeting. I reported this to the clerk in the morning when I checked out and she looked at me like she didn't really care she was indifferent never said a word to me after I told her.

The room was clean and comfortable

Wonderful would stay again staff was friendly and very helpful

Washer did not work properly and i sent 6 dollar drying my clothes cause washer did not spin clothes good water did not spin bit everything else was great

We’re satisfied.

The fitness room was terrible. None of the cardio equipment was maintained and the strength equipment was useless. $8.99 for breakfast is silly, we walked next door to IHOP and ate for less.

The room was very affordable, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the location was convienant.

Check in was a big hassle.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Check in was a big hassle. They couldn’t find my reservation. It took a hour and numerous phone calls with booking.com. Plus they had already taken the full amount of my stay out of my checking account and they said they had no record of taking my money. Had to show my checking account where the money was taken out 4 days after reservation was made which was 2 months ahead of time. So they put a hold for the full amount on my card again. Finally at check out they found my payment and the hold for was released and my card didn’t get charged twice but what a hassle wandering if they would find my money even though I had proof of payment!

It was great an very clean and nice inside an outside great job.

There is nothing I didn't like every thing was nice.

I loved everything about it ,it was really nice my room. The hotel itself was very nice .that is where I will stay all the time now when I stay in Orlando best hotel I stayed in yet in Orlando thanks it was very nice an clean and cozy my whole stay.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noisy room next to motorway, building work ( not advised about), lack of storage space &a lack of/no coat hangers in the extra small wardrobe.

Location, generally friendly staff. Room & bed size.

Not worth 100 dollars a night. 59.00 dollars at best.
    • Queen Room with Courtyard View

Rooms have smoke detectors but no sprinkler system. FIRE TRAP ! Parking spaces very narrow. Opening car doors can possibly leave damage to other vehicles (like what happened to my car). Dead roaches in drawers.

carpet was nice.

Just OK!

The bathroom tub had a permanent dingy stains, there were small ant looking insects crawling on the counter by the coffee machine, & the tv was small

The staff were friendly

I was very disappointed. In my opinion, your staff needs to be taught that a guest's comfort is 1st

The breakfast was repetitive and awful, to the point that although it was free with our booking, we opted to eat elsewhere after a couple of days. Cleanliness was just average to below average on some days. We were there a week and on 2 occasions, when we returned to our room after 5pm, our room had not been cleaned! On a third occasion, the beds had been made but no supplies were left. Hence, there were no fresh towels, soap, shampoo, coffee, etc. on 3 out of 7 days. When we went to the front desk to complain, the personnel there appeared disinterested and stingily handed out a couple of toiletries. When I complained to a supervisor, he too made excuses about a shipment of supplies not having come in. In my view, that is a poor attitude towards guests. A guest is not to blame for the shortage of supplies - every effort should be made to ensure guests are not subjected to internal issues such as supply shortages. A guest who comes in after a long day, either working, or visiting the area, wants clean towels, a made bed, soap, etc., not excuses. Also, the room's A/C was barely working. We requested to be moved to another room and since the hotel had low occupancy, we thought our request would be quickly granted. However, when I asked to see the new room to make sure everything was okay in the new room, the front desk staff would not allow me to see it unless we had removed everything from our old room. We had to lug all of our stuff back to the lobby to get a key for the new room and then back to the new room. Wouldn't it have been simpler to say, here's your new room and key, drop off the key to the old room at the front desk please. Alternately, they could have had one of the staff help us (since they seemed to just be standing around the lobby talking to the girl behind the desk). The other thing we experienced that was irritating was that in order to get to our room, we sometimes had to pass by the cleaners area which was...

Proximity to the events I needed to attend. The pool area was very nice but the water was too cold to enjoy. I liked the quirky look of the hotel as it reminded of old Florida hotels I remember growing up.

It was a comfortable hotel and was 10 minutes away from...

The staff wasn’t very inviting when my husband and I walked in to check in and the breakfast was very expensive. The products were not all stocked in our room when we got in there either.

It was a comfortable hotel and was 10 minutes away from Universal Studios so it made our trips each day very easy.

Great value choice
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to call front desk 3 times before switching rooms because the air conditioning wasn’t working.

Walking distance to Orange County Convention Center and quick bites

I hated it

Horrible time not a clean place and Spanish staff very loud and not willing to clean

Nothing they didn’t clean the rooms they had funny stink smells poor service

Great place to stay!, los of places near by, defenetly comming back!!

The rug on the hall way had a smell. Bathroom needs renovation. Ice machine on my floor not wooking.

Front desk has a great customer service. Lots of places in walking distance. The coca cola machine was trowing water on the floor and in 10 min was fixed.

They take over a month to credit my card back for the hotel...
    • Queen Room with Courtyard View

They take over a month to credit my card back for the hotel charge and I paid in cash. This is the second time that this has happened with Clarion. Not staying with them again.

Great location near the parks

Breakfast staff seemed like they didn't want you there, and were a bit rude if you asked for anything. Wish they would have had more shuttles to/from the parks. One time per day to universal was rather inconvenient, and the 10min drive took an hour with all the stops at different hotels. In the end the shuttle wasn't really worth it, even though it was part of the reason why I booked the hotel. When they say "we have complementary shuttle rides to and from the parks" they mean 2 to disney per day and 1 to universal, so it's not like most shuttle services that just run back and forth every 30mins or so.

Good location, nice size room, pretty clean, and lobby staff was friendly. Plenty of parking on site, which was great. Our safe wasn't working, but they repaired it quickly. Overall, good hotel for the price.

Looks nice in pictures ONLY!!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They had to change us from rooms 3 different times. 1st room A/C was not working and so they sent someone to fix it. They could not so to the next room we go. 2nd room looked fine we started to settle in . Give it a few minutes by the fridge their was a giant leak. Not talking about a small leak , it was dripping all over around 3 ft wide. Almost fell because I didn’t see it at first. 3rd room we got switched to luckily only had that old room smell. Which is better than no a/c or a giant leak.

The location was okay. Have to travel at least a mile to get to tourist location.

Will not stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude when we checked in. Also I requested a balcony and when we checked in were told the balconies were not accessible. I would have chosen another hotel had I known that.

It was clean.

That I had somewhere to fall asleep at the end of the night

When I first arrived there was a discrepancy of my bill. I was told by the time I leave I would had it rectified. That has not happened. I actually called customer service yesterday had to leave a voicemail couldn't get anybody live on the phone. My tub was dirty I told the lady in the hallways. I asked for additional towels never received them.

That I had somewhere to fall asleep at the end of the night

It was still a fair price considering the location.
    • King Room with Courtyard View

The windows were sealed shut so the air became damp and stagnant, making the hallway and room smell like a basement. Our socks also stained dark after walking around in the room, so we put our shoes back on.

Great location and reasonable price! I appreciate the amenities that were provided including a telephone for local calls. Our room was easily accessible and the front desk staff seemed to be friendly, honest people.

friendly staff but not a very clean room and possible bed bugs

The room was not thoroughly cleaned and my partner's skin was irritated by a rash the nxt mrng. We think it was because of bed bugs.

The staff was friendly and tried to be accommodating.

great stay

Nothing we didn't like

The room was comfortable and clean. All staff (front desk, security, housekeeping) were friendly and helpful. Great location, plenty of parking.

not worth the price

the room was warm and humid, musty smell and mattress on bed needs to be replaced my back hurt and bed sank in and stayed concaved

close to convention center

It was fine but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

The front desk employee told me that rooms were $79.99 and I paid $133. When I asked if she could adjust me to the better price she said I would have to pay a cancellation fee that would make it the same price. It would have been better if she wouldn't have offered that information in the first place.

The location was great.

Will not stay again

The toenail clippings on my floor Black hair on white bedspread.....im blonde No channel guide for tv Had to ask about Wi-Fi No information on nearby places to eat

Close to convention center

I will never book with Clarrion again

I rebooked another night, I left a few items in the room and the attendant assured me my things would be safe. I ended up canceling the booking and my stuff was thrown out. I’m most upset about a piece to my daughters Fisher price rock n glide was thrown out. I have called and been up there several times and everyone except security has been cavalier about the situation.

The past 2 times we've stayed we've found roaches in...

The past 2 times we've stayed we've found roaches in our rooms.We've used this hotel several times on our trips to florida. We won't be using it again.

Convient, I needed a place close to the airport to pick up visitors arriving at 5 am.

The condition of the interior was worn and old. Room had poor caulking around the bathroom. A little TLC would go a long way to approving appearances.

Location was close to the airport.

Cheap stay

Carpets in the room are dirty and smell A/C unit is very loud

Close to the convention center Rooms cleaned every day Staff is hard working and nice

It was available
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We were walking down a hallway to our room and you can hear other people in there room!! And also, it took the air conditioner almost 2 hours to get cool.

It was last minute and available.

Excellent, all that was promised, was delivered.

Shuttle service.

The place was overall excellent. The people offering the vacation packages could be a little more informative. Room could stand to have a microwave and be a little bigger. Next time we will book a suite.

Friendly Staff

Sometimes I had WI-FI connection issues in my room. The door to the room got stuck, it was not a big problem, but I always had to push hard.

The staff (reception, cleaning, and security) was really very friendly and helpful at all times. Excellent experience: Once, I left in the morning a gold necklace on the commode without notice it, I realized when I was on my way coming back in the evening (I thought I'd lost it, also because as I did not realize in time I did not call the front desk to tell). To my surprise, I found the necklace in the same place I left it. That made me extremely happy. Many thanks. The check out was very fast!

Check-in was quick. Rooms were clean. Beds were good. Perfect location for shopping or theme parks.

We did not have anything worth to mention.

The location is really excellent if you want to go out for shopping or to themeparks. Also International Drive is a lively place where there is so much to see and do. The rooms were simple but very clean and the service was quick if anything was needed. This hotel offers good rooms with good beds for a good price.

Not great. Won’t go back there.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Check in was awful. Didn’t know what they were doing. Took way too long. Not good when you have three little ones waiting in the car. The pull-out couch mattress was disgusting. Wouldn’t give them a 3.8 rating.

Size of room and location of hotel

Everything was fine
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Called for shuttle to Animal Kingdom for 8:00 a.m. We were there at 7:50 a.m. and told it had left, we would have to take a taxi there and back for $70.00 total. There was a shuttle there but the driver told us it was going to the airport. Asked the lady at the desk front for a tooth brush and tooth paste, was given a toothbrush but told that she had to have someone look for toothpaste in storage area. Said I would come back after I went to MacDonalds. When I went back still no toothpaste. Very disappointed with 4 kids and 2 adults.

Everything was fine

My stay was okay customer service was horrible and I couldn't check in early so I was late for my bu

I specifically explicitly asked for early check-in and I was told yes over the phone and when I got there I couldn't check in until 4 p.m. and I was late for my business meeting

Good location, decent room
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I was under the impression that we were getting a 2 bedroom suite, with a kitchenette that included a small stove - it was a one bedroom with a mini fridge and a microwave. Other than that it was good

It was easy to find and in a great location, close to the parks, dining and shopping. The staff were nice.

Seemed clean

I was told the day before that we would have a balcony, microwave and fridge.. When we arrived... We were told no balcony available due to security issue.. the room we were in had a window that didn't lock.. No microwave (community microwave first floor)

Seemed clean

Great hotel for a family on a budget
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room could have been a little cleaner and pull out bed was in rough shape. The extra deposit due at check in was a surprise but refunded within a couple of days after checkout.

We loved the location of the hotel and the size of our room. Staff was friendly.

Our stay was unimpressive and mostly aggravating.

On our first night, we (my 9 year old and myself) were woken by drunks in the room next door. I know this isn’t the hotels fault. However, security was called three times without any improvement. (They didn’t do much to de-escalate the problem though). I finally asked to be moved. We were moved rooms but, initially, they wanted us to move our things out at 4am. After expressing my dissatisfaction with that, they reluctantly let us move our things by 10am. They did give us an upgrade, which I genuinely appreciated. However, the room cleanliness was about the same - average. One of our electrical sockets didn’t work in the first room and, in the second room, one of the lights kept blinking. We just didn’t use it. I also must have read the fine print incorrectly because I was sure that breakfast was included, but it’s wasn't. It was $9 per person and didn’t even look appetizing. Again, this could have been my fault for not reading correctly but I felt like breakfast should have been included. Overall, the hotel felt cheap. It needs some updating but it’s (mostly) clean. The trash was overflowing outside, at one point, but it could have been neglected by even one shift and that could’ve happened. There was also a roach on the wall in the hallway at one point and some other bug in our new room after we were moved but I understand that it’s spring time in FL so I tried to overlook these critters. Oh, also, the beds don’t have comforters. Neither of our rooms did so I know it wasn’t just “missing” from our first room. Lastly, staff is barely friendly, at best, but at least they were accommodative in moving us in order to get my daughter back to bed. Check in seemed to be a chore or a hassle and, at check out, the girl didn’t even say so much as “thanks for staying” or ask if we enjoyed our stay. I told her I was there to return my keys and her response was simply “ok, you’re all set.” Common curtesy goes a long way.

The pool and the hot tub were nice. Both were clean. However, I don’t know where the 5.4 rating comes from on this review. I wouldn’t rate it above a 3.5/4.

Value hotel - not worth it

The room seemed very worn. It wasn’t as clean as I hoped. The sheets were tough like sandpaper and the rugs seemed so old and dirty that I wouldn’t put my bags on the floor. The gym was very outdated.

Value hotel close to all attractions.