Reviews of Red Carpet 2 stars

5.7

5.5

6.1

5.3

Wouldn't recommend on my worst enemy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I got turned away and wasn't even allowed to enter the property even when I showed them the reservation that they confirmed. It seemed like an illegal operation. Probably lucky for us though since it seemed full of prostitutes and other illegal activity. Place was filthy and looked nothing like the pictures suggested. Also not to mention in the middle of a horrible part of town. Classic bait and switch, wouldn't recommend on my worst enemy.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

It smells of cigarets and also has a strong smell of weed. The staff were very unfriendly and not helpful. After requesting a blanket (twice) because it was cold ..some strange person (who I don't believe was a staff member)...came to the door with a dirty blanket crumpled up in a ball! The ground floor I beleive may be used to accommodate street people. There was a security guard, sitting guarding the floor and two police came to take someone away who it appeared had broke curfew..!

Nothing It is a terrible hotel.

My stay there was horrible

Everything. The room had an odor I was afraid to use the towels which looked as if it was not washed properly. To use the microwave we had to go into the lobby The elevator also had an odor.

Take this location off your site before someone innocent like us gets killed!

This is not a safe part of Queens. There are a lot of drug addicts in the building and the neighborhood is not safe for people at night. There was a very deranged adolescent up all night screaming profanities and pounding on the walls likely from drug induced state. Strange people waking around the hall.

Close to airport and cheap

Good for a short stay.

The place smell of marijuana and cater to families on welfare.

Easy for public transportation and shopping,close to JFK airport and friendly staff,free juices 24 hours and ice machine.

Good :)

I felt the rate was a little high. But, I talked to a staff and she said that it was probably because of the hurricanes in south. All hotel rooms near JFK were sold out when I was booking. So, many people from south stayed in this area to evacuate from the hurricanes

Close to JFK. Two stops away to get AirTrain :)

Maintenance not doing their job
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sockets in bathroom and two also in the bedroom not working. The phone in the bedroom did not work and needed cleaning. The vending machine on the floor I was on (2) was sold out of all cold drinks

Fresh clean towels, bedsheets and bathroom

THE ROOM WAS TERRIBLE.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

THE HOTEL NEEDS REVAMPING AND DEFINITELY A CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT.

THE ROOM WAS TERRIBLE. THERE WAS A SHORT GENTLEMAN , HE WEARS GLASSES, IN HIS IN SIXTIES OR SO IN THE RECEPTION AREA, HE IS FIT TO BE IN A PIG PEN. THIS IS EXTREMELY BAD FOR HOWARD JOHNSON.................

Hotel close to a train station.

The sounds of the passing trains. Non-smoking room smells like smoke. Few choices for breakfast.

The location is just a minute walk from the train station. There' are onvenience stores and restaurants nearby. The hotel is like 30 minutes by train to Manhattan.

Not impressed. Would not come back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived at 7pm and the AC was not on in our room. It was about 100 degrees in there, literally. (91 outside all day) It took about 3 hours for the AC to cool down the room, not great when you have a 4 year old to get to bed. To keep the far side of the room cool, you had to blast the AC, making it cold on the window side. The room was very small for 4 people. There was also a train right behind the hotel, but luckily it wasn't too loud. The neighborhood wasn't the greatest. People were hanging out in the back of the parking lot when we arrived and the entire time we unpacked our car. When we left our room in the morning to check out, the entire hallway on the second floor smelled like poop. The breakfast was very minimal, waffles were pretty gross. As of now (2 days after checkout), I don't see the $1.50 charge removes for the safe, which they said would be removed at checkout.

Room was clean.

Bates Plus motel 😨

The older desk clerk-black rimmed glasses, I think he was bipolar or split personality. From one minute to another, he was either nice or nasty! In an instance,he was giving me bandaids-the next time throwing ME OUT for complaining about the white flakes and chunks in plain Raisin bran. I have pics of EVERYTHING & pictures of him.This is NOT OVER!!!!!

Convenient spot-Bad choice

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Yuck

Thought it would be an easy drive to and from JFK airport but had to take the Van Wyck Pkwy which is a painful crawl to and from. Doesn't matter what time of day. Rooms were dated. Sheets stained. Old bed that sunk in the middle No clear picture on TV channels. Kept shoes on in the room, didn't feel very clean.

it can be better

there was someone sitting outside the room the entire night !!It was very uncomfortable to step out and see some guy just sitting in the hallway

the waffle maker was really cool

Off the Beaten Path

A seeming malfunction in the Hotel's Computer System of Operation. My room was changed because I noticed that it was being serviced and should have been pulled from circulation. Thank You.

Got to ride the LIRR as was the firs time although was still in New York City, as Queens is still located in New York City, as opposed to Long Island although located on the southern tip of the Island called Long Island. Again, Thank you.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I booked wrong hotel due to fact it said it was jfk airport...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked wrong hotel due to fact it said it was jfk airport on website I called to cancel because I took shuttle to airport howard Johnson frim jfk to find out after 23 hrs of travel I was at wrong Howard Johnson i was told I couldnt cancel at such short notice Meedless to say I will never book a Howard Johnson again due to your lack of compassio to exhausted Human Beings

Not bad but room for improvement.

Hallways smelled like weed smoke. So much that the non-smoking room I booked smelled like smoke. Breakfast was extremely limited and finished early, very disappointing. Lastly- there was a fitness center? Where?

It was quite unfortunate that I have to make a last minute...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was quite unfortunate that I have to make a last minute cancellation of my stay in Howard Johnson in Queens Village due to some emergency. Since the reservation cannot be cancelled, it being a special priced deal, I was obligated to pay the whole price even if I did not use the room. This being the case, I requested the Hotel, thru Booking.com, to reduce the amount that I will be paying for the unused room. They considered my request and for this, I am thankful to them for being customer sensitive and to Booking.com for the valuable assistance extended to fix this matter. Thank you again for your service.

Okay place but not very professional manager.

The place should have placed a hold or just taken a deposit, and then let the visitor settle the payment like other places upon check out.

I was disappointed with the night manager Gary. I was told that I had to pay for my full stay on my 1st day of arrival and not just a deposit. I have not encountered that before and the ATM machine did not dispense enough cash, and he would not let me use two different credit cards to pay for my stay. I paid $200 and was told it would be enough for the time being, but was woken up rather rudely by the cleaning staff early in the morning, and was told to come and pay my remaining balance right away or I could check out.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Security in building

The room and hallway smelled like cigarettes, rooms looked old, no microwave in room, towels had stains and only 2 towels available, not enough channels on tv, carpet was dirty and had stains, closet was too small. The place just looks ghetto.

Security in building

Not a nice place very poor running motel

Everything need improvement

It was expensive it like a poor motel not a hotel cheap linens the place have a smell don't like it at all very poor the bed was so uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Unprofessional staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't stay at the hotel after encounter with unprofessional and rude receptionist when I went to check in. Called back to cancel and ask to speak with manager and to my surprise the same rude receptionist said he was the manager. I'm the paying guest and he was even more disrespectful to me on the phone. I worked Marriot chain for years and have stayed at may hotel and I've never encounter this rudeness from a worker more so a manager. I'll never stay or recommend anyone to the HOWARD JOHNSON INN.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The environment was clean
    • King Room -Smoking

You need to change your sheets. The sheet was old and torn. The furniture are old. The hotel cost was too high was not pleased about the room at all

The environment was clean

I probably won't stay at Howard Johnson Queens Village again.

There was no shower curtain when I checked in. I left my room and came back several hours later and still no shower curtain. I tried to call the front desk from the room phone, but the phone didn't work. I went to the front desk and told them there was no shower curtain, they said someone would come and take care of it, no-one ever came. The shower curtain only got installed when I stopped an employee in the hallway who was cleaning the room across from me and told him.

The breakfast was adequate

Run away
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty, rude employees, furniture really needs to be changed. I have called hotel 2 times since my stay because I left my eyeglasses in the room. They said someone would get back to me nobody has called back. All vending machines do not work.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

it was not bad

No fruits at breakfast , no protein, once you check in they should offer you the wifi password on a receipt or some brochure from property, instead you have to call front desk for that.

Location was ok, room was big enough, gentleman at front desk was pleasant, also security guard

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

I wouldn't stay here again at this price.

For the condition of the room and amenities, it was way overpriced. I paid $120 for one night and I've stayed at much nicer places for that amount or less. The room was small, the shower wasn;t especially strong, the coffee in the lobby was often out or cold. It wasn't a very good overall experience.

The bed was pretty comfortable. That's about it.

IT WAS CONVENIENT FOR WHERE WE WERE GOING.

GIRL AT RECEPTION WAS NOT OVERLY FRIENDLY. LOBBY AREA NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP. SMELL OF SMOKE WHEN YOU STEP OFF OF ELEVATOR.

IT WAS CONVENIENT FOR WHERE WE WERE GOING.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Unprofessional and disrespectful

The hotel staff were very unprofessional

I did not book this reservation. My card was stolen and asked repeatedly to have it cancelled and the hotel refused.

Worst Howard Johnson experience I ever had yes it is
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was never anyone at the window downstairs my room smells like cigarettes and the hallways smell like marijuana. At 4:30 in the morning there was a couple arguing in the hallway and nobody from the Hotel came to stop it. It went on for about a half hour.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Horroble experience

The room, the staff and the smell

The room was not ready, the staff was very rude and refuse to refund the money and the room smells really bad. And could not be switch out.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Short trip

First off I'm a non smoker, so I requested a non smoking room. I arrived and the put me in a room that just finished cleaning but the person before me was smoking in the room, I went back down to the front desk and let them know I can't stay in that room. The young lady said to me that all the have right now 😲😲😠😠 so I said to her in requested a non smoking room, she asked me to wait, while heading back another room was being clean so I stop ask the man if anyone was smoking in that room he reply all the rooms are smoking rooms but I can check to see if I can handle the smell, that room was better so I stayed in that room after it finish cleaning. My thing is why sell non smoking room and the whole hotel is a smoking zoom? 😞😞😞

The neighborhood..

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

A hotel should exemplify a certain standard of hospitality, 2 stays left us devoid of it.

Almost everything I fell in the unsafe tub/shower. CSR at front would not write up incident. Paid with cash at check in, CSR refused to give a receipt for cash received. Had to call Book.com for intervention. Finally, after back and forth it was reluctantly issued.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Do Not Stay Here!

Thus hotel was awful! It was dirty. We could not get in the room as the door was jammed and had to get help the first time and then one of us had to be in the room to let the other in. The bed spread was torn and ripped. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable. The blow dryer cord was taped with black electrical tape and then... did not even work. It was run down, dirty and dingy. Not sure why you even offer this hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Don't stay here!!!! It's disgusting, and that's putting it lightly.

Smokey room which was non smoking, room felt stale and dirty...hallways to rooms were hot and damp, noisy, worker sleeping in breakfast when walked down to reception area....

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The room was very clean and so was the facility.

I didn't like the receptionist which was an Indian gentlemen on saturday/Sunday morning. He was unprofessional and rude. I had made reservations and he insisted that they were no rooms. I told him to check because I already made reservations. He was horrible in customer service. As a result , I wouldn't do business with the company or refer people to stay here period.

The room was very clean and so was the facility.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

My stay was not that bad but it could have been better.

The sheets were not changed for the four days we were there. Breakfast was poor and its the same each day. There is sweet small muffins, sweet small donuts, etc. Bagels with no cream cheese. Coffee poor. Main issue ....at check-in we were given a choice of providing our credit card pin number or we have to pay cash. We had to pay cash. This is the first time in my life that someone asked for my credit card pin number. Seems as though something screwy is going on at this hotel with clerks. They took the room we had and give it to someone else and put us in a smoking room saying that their credit card system is not working. They later on moved us to a smoke free room.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Not a disaster if no choices. Certainly not a priority if choices exist

Everything is pretty worn out (except my shower); the blanket initially had a gap in the middle big enough for my fist. Internet is pretty slow comparing to other places. Certainly not what you expect for $150 per night in city outskirts

Staff is responsive.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

No bugs but wouldn't stay again

The hotel had a gloomy feel the atm took $20from memail in which the front desk told me to call the company it's not there atm if you need to rest you hear for a few hours sure stay one night I rather pay money and stay somewhere else no bugs

It was cheap

Must have a good customer service at all times.

No one assisted us to bring in and out of our baggages inside the room. It was done by ourselves.

Clean Bathroom

Horrible

My stay period they did not tell me it was a shelter

Nothing my daughter got bitten by a bed bug

Sheets had Blood on Them

Sheets had Blood on Them

adequate

tv selection way under broadcast access

Never again

Staff dirty room bugs on the carpets the smell

It's proximity to public transport.

It's proximity to public transport.

Room was clean.

Room was clean.....

Pleasure

Clean and bright

Very quiet

I hate this place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff attitude, they scammed us on money

Mothing

It was unpleasant and very uncomfortable

There was absolutely nothing pleasing about the hotel

A/C didn't work, bathroom unfinished, carpet dirty, room service below average

Fair

Staffs need to be more friendly

Wifi service is very unreliable

Wifi service is very unreliable

BELMONT & HO JO PERFECT TOGETHER

Room cleaning, needs a bit more attention.

It was very convenient to the Belmont Track for this Special Event Wekend. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Worse experience ever

Worse experience morning person man should be fired rude no customar service poorly trained

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Staff was rude

Staff was rude

It wasn't what I expected but decent enough for the short notice.
    • King Room -Smoking

Breakfast options,it's limited needs more options and less store bought options. Wifi was slow,really slow.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

I love this place
    • King Room -Smoking

Loiters in front of hotel

I enjoyed the decor and the staff attitude.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Mattress, marijuana smell

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The smell inside

The smell inside

The mattress was bad in the first room,so we changed rooms.

The mattress was bad in the first room,so we changed rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

This hotel is full of bed bugs. Do not waste your money to feed your blood to bed bugs.

Rooms. Full of bed bugs

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

room and the parking lot
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Second floor smells smoke really bad

room and the parking lot

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

price was reasonable but only got what we paid for

stink of cigarette smoke through corridors and in lift. in a rough and poor area of New York

price was reasonable but only got what we paid for

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

There was bed bugs in our room

There was bed bugs in our room

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Fair stay

I asked for non smoking room but was full of cigarette smellighter.

Nice cooperative staff.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Pleasant stay
    • King Room - Disability Access - Smoking

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The staff were pleasant and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were pleasant and helpful. Train station is close by. Quiet neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Smells of tobacco and cannabis smoke
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The entire building smelled like marijuana and tobacco smoke. Including my non smoking room.

Pleasant staff

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Could h as have been better

The room smell like somke

That it was a 5 min walk to were i needed to be

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Pleasant stay

Have no complaints

Very accommodating, Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The smell of the weeds

Nothing.the floor smells weeds and they changed for too much money and they don't give you service for your money

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

It was ok
    • King Room - Disability Access - Smoking

The facility

It was ok

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Vending machines were all empty.

Vending machines were all empty. Entire building smelled of Marijuana.