Reviews of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston 3 stars

#71 of 73 hotels in Charleston

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Affordable but uninspiring.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The sitting area with sofa and chairs is windowless and extremely dark. Brown furniture and carpet with yellow walls add to the dreariness. The next time I'd choose a room without that dark "living room" . I'd rather hang out in a hotel room that has a couple of chairs and natural light because there are windows.

Comfortable bed, good location. Staff were exceptionally friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The room was nice
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast- advertised ended at 9am but most food was put away by 8:45- Pool should open earlier- we could use it in the morning- very disappointed.

The room was nice

I never ever go back and do not recommend to any body
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

room smelled mold. coffee machine broken, facet knob broken, closet door out of rails, no enough towel in the bathroom I forgot to through empty bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotions away, they did not put the new ones. when my husband called to complain front desk asked him to go downstairs. after a while suddenly I saw one of the employees on the room before knocking the door he opened the door.

Totally I did not satisfied.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

My bed had dirty sheets and that upset me for real.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

My bed had dirty sheets and that upset me for real. Other than that everything was fantastic, but the dirty sheets (with blood) was just nasty and unsanitary.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The location was convenient.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Location was noisy. Hotel was on a busy highway and a bar(?) was next door on the other side of a wall playing loud music near my room until late hours during my weekend stay.

The location was convenient. The staff was thoughtful. Breakfast was very good.

the size of the room was nice
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

It was filthy. The office chair looked like someone had used the bathroom in it! When I complained they came up and cleaned it with upholstery cleaner then it was wet and the guy just kept saying it is fine. Just because he says that does not make it true. The maids can't see the room is dirty. The other furniture was very dirty and the guy said he would make a note of that. I thought the idea of me staying there was that the room was clean and ready for us to stay!

the size of the room was nice

Good price, lots of privacy, if you don't mind wrapping up and disposing of your own trash.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

No one came to clean the room or collect trash after the first day I was there. Bed never made. Internet worst in any motel/hotel I've stayed in and didnt work at all the last two days I was there both in the room and in the lobby. The last day of my stay, someone opened the door and dumped five or six assorted and folded towels on the chair by the door. That was the extent of the housekeeping.

Comfortable bed, good airconditioning, roomy suite. Easy parking. Very nice bath area. Full size, very cold refrigerator and small sink. Large microwave that worked well. No dishes or utensils of any kind in the cabinets, though.

It was okay but not perfect
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The breakfast was awful, the view from my room was terrible it wasn’t on ground level as I asked the staff was kinda rude in a way

I like the privacy that me and my boyfriend had and everything.

The room itself, was very open and roomy compared to other...
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Suite, Non-Smoking

Location apparently was not in the best of neighborhoods because each night there the door between the hotel and pool was always propped open to allow those without a card key to enter. Couple of evenings there were some guys that appeared to be high entering through that entrance after the door was propped open. Also, on one particular night the "guest" in the room next to us were arguing so loud we could hear them.

The room itself, was very open and roomy compared to other hotels that we have stayed at in the past.

This hotel was not worth the price for all the hassel we dealt with.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The breakfast had very little for what you'd expect when paying over a hundred dollars a night. The hotel said nobody could use the pool and the days were extremely hot! I have asthma and the building was cleaned with strong cleaning supplies. On booking.com the description of the room had flat floor bathroom and other things and we didn't get it after we chose that room. The staff dragged their feet on moving us to another room after having us remove our things from the room. The furniture in the hotel room had chips all over the furniture, front door has a big gap at the top, kitchenet light was burned out. The front desk said you'll never get anything that you pick at their hotel online. We're low income and saved a long time for this two days vacation. I definitely won't be back here nor will my husband. He was very unhappy.

The two women who works there was nice.

Didn't get the room I thought I was going to get after...
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

Didn't get the room I thought I was going to get after picking it out on booking.com . The staff stalled on giving me a new room. There's marks on the walls and nasty chairs. Marked up furniture. We couldn't use the pool due to a dog jumping in and that didn't set well.

This hotel is not suitable for vacationers; it's worth it to spend a little more.
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

The room was in need of updating and maintenance - we stayed two nights and had no service on the second day of our stay. We noticed that many of the guests were skilled laborers in need of temporary housing. It appears the staff focused on keeping them comfortable.

The suite was large and the bed was comfortable.

It was awful!! The room was never cleaned and had to go down to get clean towels several times. I
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The rooms were never cleaned. My sheets on my bed had never been changed when I turned it down the first night I was there and I had to get clean ones and change the bed myself!

Crap. Plain and simple.

Everything.

All I’m going to say is there was no shower cap, the room was broken down looking, and the lady suggested me to use a trash bag as my shower cap .

Missing that extra step for customer service
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Average room but could not accommodate an early check in for me at 1 pm & did not offer to store my luggage. The luggage had to stay in my hot vehicle while I toured the city all day.

A bit off the beaten path but if you have a vehicle & need to try to see all of Charleston in a day & a half...it will do I guess. An average 3 out of 5 star rating for me... but calculated above somehow it's 6.7 Good enough selection for breakfast. Biggest bonus that I didn't realize is that the hotel is 2 minutes from the Alamo car rental ( Alamo is not located at the airport but runs a shuttle).

Our stay was comfortable and convenient, and we would not hesitate to use this location again.

No complaints

The bed was super comfy. I’m not a good sleeper, but I slept really well here! The breakfast was very good. The hot food was hot, and there was plenty of variety.

Stayed 3 nights for my 40th birthday. Overall was a nice hotel, staff was friendly and attentive.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The syrofoam cups for coffee were a bit flimsy. The french toast was hard. The elevator needed to be mopped daily after people visit the pool.

The size of the room, living area kitchenette, and bedroom were all nice sizes. The bed was comfortable.

Definitely not worth $140/night! Lots of room, but overall disappointed.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Found a pill in bed first night, luckily just a tylenol. Not enough towels left after 1st cleaning. We had hung towels up and did not expect them to be taken. Room not cleaned on 2nd day, bed not made and trash not removed, but someone had been in the room and the door of room was left open!!! Luckily we did not find anything missing.

The room was clean when we arrived. Breakfast was good and the dining and front counter staff was nice.

The sitting area
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The side of the bathtub was too high and I could not take a shower I could not get into it I have disability problems the pool was not functioning and it could not be used

The sitting area

The room that we requested is not the room that we were...
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

The person making breakfast was not expedient with replenishing the selections after they ran out.

The room that we requested is not the room that we were given.

My stay was pleasant. Will book again on my next trip.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The ice machine on my floor was out of order and the phone in the bedroom did not work.

The check-in process was very quick. I was in a rush for a meeting and was able to get checked in, changed, and to my meeting on time. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Would not stay there again
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

King Room dirty bathroom wasn’t clean. Very Small flat pillows for king bed. Room had 3 towels for 2 guest

Broken ice maker. Bathroom was dirty stained tub toilet from previous use. Elevator very loud and slow. I was worried using it.

Room had a oder of smokeing

NOTHING

We had to be moved from the first room. Bathroom was dirty. The next room wasn't must better toenails in the floor. Lady's room next to us had hair on her pillow.

full size refrigerator in room
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

It was the worst selection for breakfast I've seen at a hotel-nothing healthy except an apple! Never cleaned our room-no towels at all in the room and the ones given to us at the desk had holes in them.

full size refrigerator in room

I made a mistake and the reservation for two rooms was for...
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

I made a mistake and the reservation for two rooms was for the wrong night. The manager accept the reservation and the amount that I had prepaid, but charged us an additional $83.37 per room. I think that the original amount could have been accepted and not been charged anymore. I would like a refund for all or part of the extra charge. Stanley Stein

Listed our room with a hot tub, assumed this would be a jet...
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Suite, Non-Smoking

Listed our room with a hot tub, assumed this would be a jet tub since only offered in room. There are no jet tubs or hot tubs in this hotel. We were over charged, booking.com offered for $133 and we were charged $143 shower was freezing, no hot water only room temp in sinks.

Will avoid Hawthorn in future.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t very clean. It wasn’t terrible but I could tell someone had to clean it that didn’t like their job. TV screens were smeared with something, the desk drawer wouldn’t stay shut, not many outlets available to recharge electronics and the ones available were in hard to reach places. There was no little store inside to purchase needed toiletries, snacks, magazines, etc

Not much.

Good stay
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Suite, Non-Smoking

Was very dated. Definitely needs updated carpet & furniture. Furniture had alot of stains. Room needed to be vacuumed much better. Could have used better lighting in kitchen area too.

Adequte
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Night desk clerk's attitude. I wanted to put a cash deposit down on my stay at the property and he made it clear he didn't really want to take it. More lighting needed in parking areas. Drywall had significant damage in the room and the vents in the room either needed cleaned or secured to the wall.

Desk clerk who checked me in and checked me out during my stay was very nice and pleasant. New carpet in room.

Will never stay again
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

Pool was cold,roach in bathroom ,exterior door key lock was broken entire time,room door had no strike plate on door,breakfast ran out of food early and worked the worker to death

The room was just not ckean and ready for guests for a $200 room with tax
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Trashcan hadn’t been empty. We had no shampoo no hand soap. Mirror in bathroom was dirty. Kinda unkempt and rather dirty.

Staff was helpful and nice. Pretty building and landscaping

The room was clean but a few adjustments could be made to benefit overall stay.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The air was did not circulate well in the room. It was cold in the living section & did not equally carry to the bed. You could hear people moving around upstairs. The pool was colder than expected. My dirty clothes was taken out with the trash & the staff did not seen concerned.

The room was nice, clean, & very comfortable. The breakfast was very good with a large array of choices.

The stay was terrible and I will neve stay at another Hawthorn Suites by Wydham again
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

Everything about the place was horrible.

Nothing the facility was horrible. We had to switch rooms . Our first room had hair in the bed which indicated that the sheets had not been changed. So they moved us to a second room and we had the same issue had the first room. We had to go down and ask for clean sheets and make the beds ourselves.

Terrible hotel will never stay again!!!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had no shower curtain in our room. Waited 20 min. they never brought it. Had to go front desk to pick 1 up. They had no blankets for the pull out sofa or extra pillows. Had to go front desk to get sheets & extra towels. We were told by front desk breakfast went til 10 A.M. when it actually ended at 9. 1 of the beds had metal rods sticking out at the bottom which was very dangerous.

NOTHING!!!!

Overall, I would not recommend staying here. Pay an extra buck for a different hotel.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Immediate odor when you walked in the hotel lobby. The room was grimy and also had an odor to it. The sheets and towels had stains which I can only imagine for what. The room would never cool down no matter how low we put the thermostat on. Breakfast was horrific to say the least. The only safe thing I felt like I could eat was a bagel. The eggs were questionable as well as the sauasage they offered.

Staff were friendly

We where disappointed
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The pillows not comfortable the pillow cases dinge the room not properly clean trash not pulled in room tub not clean. They pulled hair from clogged tub and put it in the toilet and left it. No coffee maker but had coffee. We have pictures but we don't want to put it out like that. We asked for a manager they said not on the weekend there are none.

The staff was helpful and friendly

Terrible experience not to be repeated.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Grubby hotel with DNA stained sheets and smelly room. I'll be checking out as soon as I can as I think I'll be needing some tropical vaccination after staying here. Rooms are ruff and wouldn't look out of place in a crime scene, carpet was designed by your granddad and I doubt the walls have seen any paint since the Stone age. The breakfast, ok let's call it breakfast although it's a selection of stuff you put on to syrofome plates. Hot selection is the grits (slop) eggs (sloppy) and the sausage rounds (hard as nails). The toaster only works on one side and needs bread being placed numerous times. Orange juice, well it's got a sign saying it's orange juice but it's mango, orange baby puree at best. There is nothing to like about this hotel, other than checking out. Stay elsewhere, mostly in a cardboard box.

Checking out

Not overly impressed, wouldn't stay there again.
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

Not worth the money. The hotel was old and outdated. Location and entrance was small and congested, literally right on the highway. Food was crap. Overall looked like a motel or a Days Inn, etc.

The bed was probably the only decent and money worthy, product.

Ok place to stay - clean it up and it would be a great place to stay
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Sheets and bead spread were dirty. Had to change rooms because the 1st room I was assigned had an unmade bed. Sheets and bedspread were still dirty.

Th breakfast was good and the staff was friendly

Do not stay here!
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Suite, Non-Smoking

Facility is falling apart. Black mold on ceiling of bathroom. Lamps in room did not work. Room was not ready until 3:45 but had been guaranteed ready by 3:00. When we got into the room it was dirty and they didn't even have a shower curtain in it. Once they put one in we found out that the curtain rod was broken as it fell on me during my shower. We had to change rooms at midnight because people across the hall were smoking weed and the entire first floor filled with weed smoke. We were moved to a less expensive room. When I asked about getting refunded for the difference in rooms, I was told that I would have to call back Tuesday to get a manager. We will never stay here again.

It was pretty close to downtown without being right in the middle of the congested traffic

Breakfast was not good at all.
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Suite, Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not good at all. The room I got said it had a hot tub and it didnt. Was suppose to have a stove, plates, and forks it didn't. I didn't like the room when I first walked in so I went back down stairs to ask for a refund and the lady at the desk wouldn't give me one back. I call customer services and all. Had to ask for extra towels for the next day. Ironing board wasn't in the room like it was suppose to be. I wouldn't recommend staying here for the price. For two nights I paid $438 and it soooooo wasn't worth it.

Was a good value for the price and met my needs.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

During check in had trouble entering credit card account, but was resolved. The door lock did not work and after several card exchanges they had to change out the door lock. This was done promptly . During the first night the fire alarm was set off . There was no fire and cause unknown to me. The alarm went off for approximately 20 min. and was very disturbing. The rest of the stay was uneventful.

The Location and price was very good for my purpose of visiting family nearby. We where allowed to check in early. The suite set up was great (private bedroom and 2 TV's) and the bathroom was clean had enough counter space. Staff was very friendly .

Great except...
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

My 2nd night stay the fire alarm went off woke me up out of my sleep kept going off nobody explained to us what was actually going on but it lasted for about 45 minutes had a horrible headache as the outcome. Older lady at front desk was sweet! Young girl has a nasty attitude other than that everything was good.

Breakfast was amazing. The indoor pool.

Bed was comfortatable
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

Shower water pressure was low. Minimum hot water. Reserved disability room, given regular room. Ran out of items at breakfast. lackluster, slow desk personnel.

Bed was comfortatable

Great value. We would stay again.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

There was only one elevator that moved slowly. The floor we stayed on had a bit of an odor but nothing too over whelming.

Location was great and we enjoyed the indoor pool. The staff was nice and helpful if needed. Breakfast was also included.

Breakfast was good.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The first night of our stay the air conditioner was broke and it was 76 degrees all night in room. Very stuffy. The desk staff said it couldn't be fixed till next day. They didn't try to switch our room. Eventually the staff gave us a small fan which helped somewhat. The next day we were moved to another room. The cable was not working either the first night. Maintenance leaves a lot to be desired. We asked for a discount and got 10% off the first night.

Breakfast was good. The pool was great.

not so great
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

As mentioned before, french fries behind the night stand and t.v. had no reception.

I would look elsewhere if you want a clean room with T.V. If you want a nice size room with friendly front desk, this may be the place for you-

Horrible, we want our money back
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Suite, Non-Smoking

No hot water when I try to take a bath in the jacuzzi tub, and the jacuzzi tub did not work. Who was freezing it is not a truly heated pool it is heated from the outside air and if the outside air is cold then the pool is cold. Pull out couch was insanely uncomfortable and had urine stains all over the mattress. Will be calling for a refund, one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. And to top it off the room above us had kids running around and jumping off the beds all night long which made it very difficult to sleep.

Breakfast wasn't bad

HORRIBLE
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The appearance of the hotel was not up to par. It looked old and outdated. The cable,hot water, and toilet was not working. There was an ironing board but no iron. The shower curtain was stained and torn. Apparently the cable was not working since that morning, I checked in at 3pm and was not told about the cable at check in. My husband and I left as the maintenance man was attempting to fix the hot water. When a guest complained that her toilet was broken, she was told that she would have to continue to stay in the room because there was no other room to move her to. Broken toilets can pose a health issue, as it is not sanitary. When i told the front desk the issues, i was offered no apology, just the general manager's phone number. It was a horrible experience.

I did not like anything about the hotel

The bathroom was not cleaned before my arrival.
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not cleaned before my arrival. Second night, found a roch in the same dirty bathroom. Bed was extremely uncomfortable, and the showerhead leaked the whole time.

Overall, the stay was nice and convenient. I would stay again.
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

The rooms were a bit raggedy. Some of the paint was chipping and the mirrored closet was beautiful but it was hard to open. The bed was comfy but the pillows were small.

The indoor pool was great because it was a raining when we arrived. The kids enjoyed themselves. The breakfast was good. The location of the hotel was close enough to everything we needed but also allowed us to explore the area.

This is my first review on any hotel I have stayed at and...
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This is my first review on any hotel I have stayed at and hopefully will be my last. My goal is 100% to discredit the two employees (Paul and Katrina) who have not only failed to hold a professional manner but also lied to loyal customers in order to save themselves. This place is beyond terrible. We had a situation occur where a employee was trying to break into our room at 8:30am on a Sunday. Apparently they didn’t get the correct debit card information and they were worried about paying for our stay themselves. Opposed to calling our room and knocking we were woken up to them disassembling the door knob. When confronted about the incident, their response? “I don’t have $200 to be paying for your room”... Excuse me what ? As you can imagine we were livid to find out this is how they handle something like this. When talking to the front desk lady we were told we would be refunded a night for the trouble and it would show up in 3-7 business days. 2 weeks go by and no refund was in my account. After calling multiple times and being told “to wait for more information” I was finally able to reach Paul, the General Manager. He had no recollection of the incident and we were told he would call us back. After a few days went by with no call back (shocker) he said no refund will be given back for a night. His response to me writing a review about my experience? “I’ll make sure to respond” So Paul, if you’re reading this please explain why you think you’re in the right for 1. Allowing employees to break into rooms 3 hours prior to checkout 2. Going against your word on a refund for a night 3. Not once apologizing for what happened.

My wife and I enjoyed our stay and our dog was treated well.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Breakfast was adequate especially for the cold selections but the eggs and sausage were subpar.

Friendly and informative staff. Direct route to downtown Charleston - 15 to 20 minutes.

Suite was cozy, and surprising roomy.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The breakfast sucked and was not filled during hours stated. They ran out of most of items and did not replace because he said they were out of it . kind of disappointing as far as breakfast , and the rooms were cost , but desperately in need of an update soon.

Suite was cozy, and surprising roomy. Walk in and there is a living room with tv, couch , and chair . walk in further and there's a kitchen with full size fridge, counter , and sink . keep moving forward and you reach the bed/beds sleep area with another tv, closet and dresser. Pretty awesome layout .

This was my worse stay, as a reward member very disappointed.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The shower in the room was broke and view from the room was poor. The other guests was very loud in the hallway late hours and kids, teenagers and some adults was running back and forward in the hotel.

The room was very spacious.

Don't waste your money...cause you'll have to clean your own room!

Everything exceot breakfast

Breakfast great, housekeeping non existent, Manager rude and unprofessional. Wouldn't even extend the courtesy of speaking to us about not having any housekeeping services, etc. Hid in the back & had his front desk clerk make excuses for him. Also told her to tell me if I was dissatisfied, I shoukd take it up with booking.com, as thats how I made my reservation. Thankfully, booking.com interceded on my behalf & secured a refund of 1 nites stay for not having housekeeping except for 1 day.

HORRIBLE Experience
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The hallways and the room.

The hallways had a chemical odor that was so strong it permeated the rooms. Friends had to ask to be moved to another floor. Worse hotel ever! We'll think twice about using Booking.com in the future.

All together other then that it was a great stay
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Remodel put a buffet charge a little more people will and would enjoy a nice hot fresh breakfast

The breakfast was bad I mean really badi understand it was free but come on the eggs were like plastic and we're already cooked out of the freezer made eggs then I don't eat cheese they all had cheese the microwave able predone sausage was cold no juices except orange juice which looked like grapefruit juice no toast or toaster a grits we're cold and gritty shuch a nice hotel wouldn't mind paying for a nice breakfast buffet about 9.99 other then that everything was really good nice reception very friendly I even left the house per a nice tip

Poor quality for 180$
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Not very clean at all. Had to move to another room becaise our shower didnt work. Dirty upholstery on chairs and couches.

Staff was nice and the breakfast was satisfactory.

Never would stay again
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Very dirty hotel. Sketchy people partying in the parking lot both nights we stayed. Shower didnt work in the first room so they moved us across the hall. The toilet ran continuously. More expensive than a really clean Marriot in columbia SC.

Just the staff

Adequate but not quite as described; don't treat it as an extended stay hotel and all will be well.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The suite was not quite as alluded to: the "kitchenette" was really more of a wet bar - other than a full size fridge and a small bar sink, it wasn't so different than any regular room with a fridge and microwave. Even the coffee pot was "less than" - it was just a single cup maker (not k-cup type). And when I read "kitchenette", I came expecting some dishes and silverware - there was NOTHING! There's a note that says to ask at the desk for "dishware", and what they give you is the plasticware and styrofoam plates from the breakfast area. That was a big disappointment as we had come expecting more.

Staff was polite, professional, and helpful. Room was a true suite with bedroom totally separate from living area. Breakfast bar had enough options and the hot food choices were different both mornings.

we had a great time. enjoyed our stay in Charleston.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

the inside pool. toooooooo hot to even go inside the pool building.

very nice, clean room. great king bed. breakfast was wonderful. staff was very friendly and helpful.

It was an overnight on the way home for us but would have been okay for a longer stay.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The bedroom TV needed repair but the other one was very good.

Bed was really comfortable and the location was perfect for us. easy access to highway but not noisy.

Comfortable bed
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

spa tub did not work faulty handrail on Spa faulty faucet in kitchen sink reported these items to front desk upon checkout

Comfortable bed front desk staff very friendly

I had a great stay
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

I did not like to be accused of something I didn't do. Then to be asked "are you sure it wasn't u", I answered the manager with "no it wasn't me" and to be told are you sure. That was just rude to be accusing me, and then not accepting my answer. Was also told that security was going to looking out for me and if went into the pool after hours he would call the police and taken to jail. The manager should next time take time to find out what is really going on before he starts making accusations things he has no idea about!!!!

The rooms were great and so was the breakfast

Definitely staying there again!
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Have to get up early to catch breakfast because it ends at 9. Pool closes at 10.

Loved that it's located minutes from Charleston & Folly Beach. Felt safe secure. Love that it's pet friendly & has a nice indoor pool & free breakfast. Love that there's a kitchenette & separate den area in every room & two TV's with a great variety of channels. Lots of parking.

Unprofessional service
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Someone we did not know walked into our room without knocking while I was taking a bath. When I tried to call down to the front desk to ask if they had given another guest a key to our room by mistake, the phone did not work. After walking down to speak with someone, we were informed that the person who had walked in unannounced was the general manager. We spoke to him and although he apologized, he told us there wasn't anything else he could do for us. He handed us his card and told us to call corporate if we had a problem. It was a really uncomfortable and disappointing experience.

The hotel was available last minute for a holiday change of plans.

“Really a bad experience. Don't book this hotel.”
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

Once arrived they gave us room 311. After two minutes they called us to give us the room 121 (they say there were work in progress on the floor of the room 311). Once in the room we had a shock and I wrote to the management this email: "We are occupying the room 121. The ceiling light was broken and we had to ask to change the bulb. The same for one of the lamp in the living area. Now finally I have some light to work. The ceiling is cracked in several areas. The vent of the bathroom is very noisy. The room is poorly cleaned and bad vacuumed. In one word: this room is dirty! The wi-fi for does not work with my laptop and now I had to solve using my mobile as router. Honestly this Hotel is not a 3 stars place. Or at least not this room. Just to let you know that we are pretty unhappy with our choice. Best regards" Nobody replied or offered any assistance. The reply actually was... broken air conditioning the day after in the breakfast room and no daily cleanings provided in our room the second day of our stay. We remained just because we were too tired to go elsewhere. All of this and paying $151 per night! AVOID THIS HOTEL. IT IS REALLY A BAD PLACE!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The bed was relatively comfortable.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Very loud, ants in the kitchen. You can tell it's an older hotel and it's time for an update. The breakfast was sparse.

The bed was relatively comfortable. And there were two tvs in my room. Only one remote worked though.

While on my trip...
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

The indoor pool was freezing. Coldest one ever!!! And their isn't a designated smoking area or place to put cigarettes when done. I'm not a smoker so it was frustrating to walk from car between pool and hotel through line of smokers. There should be an area where smokers feel comfortable and throwing "butts" in landscaping (pine needles) is actually a fire hazard.

The young woman that checked us in was everything that an employer would want.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Not Happy with my visit
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

The bathroom was in terrible condition...I reported it to the management and was mad to feel like I needed to go through and check off what was wrong with the room. Which I feel like that all should've been done before the room was rented out.

Don't Recommend
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Bad odor in the hall way outside the room smelled like cat urine. No hot water the first day the next day it was a hit or miss. The shower had leaking faucet. The refrigerator was rusted. The curtains were dirty/stained.

bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

will pick a different hotel if in the area again.
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Wi Fi that did not work, Swimming pool that was not working. Came back to room after a day of site seeing and room door was open and room was not completely cleaned trash at the door

Location, free morning meal

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

To be near the Eye Surgery Center on Charlie Hall Blvd.
    • 1 King Bed, Deluxe Accessible Suite, Non-Smoking

We had to ask for clean towels, which the maid gave me 2 face clothes in the hallway. I had to ask her to empty the trash, ask to have the bed made, and she didn't clean the bathroom.The dirty towels were not removed from the bathroom on Monday. My husband had eye surgery, when we got back to the hotel none of these things were done. Very disappointed in the maid service.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Never again
    • 1 King Bed, Suite, Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't what it should have been. No towels in the room. Room smelled like smoke. Roaches in the bathroom. Guests above me were loud all night.