Reviews of Rodeway Inn Huntington 2 stars

6.1

6.1

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

• Standard King Room

The room was substandard, the carpet was never vacuumed even after request. The WiFi did not work and when it did, it dropped its signal without n 30-seconds. Decided not to have their complimentary breakfast. Thy had a coffee machine rather than brewed coffee. The machine ran out off coffee beans.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The place was awesome for the value..!!! Will be going back again soon.......
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was spacious clean and comfortable!!!! The a/c was ice cold and the bathroom was immaculate and bright!!! Wifi worked as it should. Had a refrigerator, microwave and Jacuzzi!!!!Beautiful flat screen tv and several other amenities. Awesome room for the price!!!

2 stars
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning could have been better the air compressor wouldn't ever kick in..The bed isn't very comfortable , the pillows are flat

I liked the huge tub with sauna

supply them with the materials they need, they don't even have printer paper for receipt
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaning, the cleaning crew needs to be trained on how to clean. For what I saw they only remove the blankets wash them with water only dry them and use them.

It looks like no detergent is used, blankets looked some what yellow, bathroom is all nasty and dirty like they get wiped off not cleaned

Sorry but this was not a $140.00 a night room ; it was maybe a $45.00 a night room
    • King Room - Smoking

There was no dresser to put our clothes away, we had to live out of our suitcases. The windows were filthy, and even though we put the sign out for maid service we had to request it. One morning there was poop all over near the stairs , when I suggested they clean it up I was told that there were no pets allowed and that it was the geese. Poo is poo and it needed to be cleaned up either way, which is was not.

Although there were many things upgraded there were many things like the tub and sink fixtures were not:

We had a suite.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We had a suite. The jacuzzi tub did not work. There was no sign saying it didn’t work either. I filled up tub with shower head because the other part of tub didn’t work as well. Very disappointed since that’s why we book that certain room.

Just okay, nothing special
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:00 each day. I was going to stay in my room until about 11:00. I asked them to come back after noon and they did not return Saturday or Sunday. The hotel needs some sprucing up. I thought that for what we were charged it was just okay. nothing special.

Bed was comfortable. room was clean

acceptable
    • King Room - Smoking

A room should be a bit cleaner, I found an unknown bug on the floor one night. Spiders' nets here and there.

Prices are competitive. Wifi is fine. I was there for a CSHL meeting, and the location was quite distant (no shuttle was operated here this time, and definitely not for a walk) but it's fine if you drive or take a uber ride (~$12) to and from.

So so not overtly bad
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Check in guy didn’t provide excellent customer service. Room had a dank smell Carpet was dirty The place is old and dated Some sketchy people were on the property hanging out

• Standard King Room

Right next door to Matteo's, powerful jacuzzi, very quiet, even on New Year's Eve, good supermarket across the street, comfy bed, nice people.

Comfortable
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We did not have a mini fridge, but did have a microwave.

We had a lot of privacy inside. The town offers a lot of things that one may need. For example, a mall, stores like Target, and restaurants.

Perfect location for us & highly recommended.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

None really. Continental breakfast is the usual cereal, coffee, tea, juices, toast/jam/cheese spread, cake... this is America. Unhealthy. You want hot breakfast I recommend Wendy or IHop.

Staff very friendly & helpful especially, Dannish. Very spacious room & comfortable bed. Unbelieveable big jacuzzi bath though didn't try it out. Room has all the standard facilities i.e safe box, fridge.coffee maker, ironing board etc.. Location is perfect. Opposite is King Mullen supermarket which suited us. Shopping mall two traffic lights away. Liquor shop also same distance. If you want to go to central New York by train it is US$22 return fare. Perfect for us. Will certainly use Rodeway Inn again if we go back to NY.

This place was great.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The internet was ok.Lost it a few times.I could not find any inputs in the tv to hook up my amazon fire tv.Also,this has nothing to do with the hotel.But across the street is a king kullen .Way to expensive.

This place was great.Price was as great.I stayed in motels that were more expensive.The room was clean,quiet and the staff was great.The tv was real good.Parking was excellent.I would recommend this place to people.

price was reason, chose based on that and reviews-will stay elsewhere next time.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Weird feel to room. Bright overhead lights, no lamps. Tile floors so it felt stark plus there was huge wallpaper picture behind the bed. Just odd. The bathroom had a massive deep tub with jets and they added a shower to it. Had a huge deep step to get into the tub for a shower. Would be difficult for some folks to use. This was a newly renovated room according to staff. Told that the property under new ownership since Jan. Renovations continue but be wary.

Good basic lodging in a convenient location.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Internet access was a bit difficult in the rooms. There were some strange people in the courtyard and hallways. Not residents.

Staff were trying very hard to make the place nice.

A place needing a big injection of funds.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

A place needing a big injection of funds...it is very overpriced for the condition in and out of the rooms....probably the worst place we have stayed in on our holiday

Stay well clear of this Rodeway

We simply did not feel safe there. Never slept there. Took a shower and even that was horrible. The water control was impossible and there was no place to put soap or shampoo. Had to put them on the toilet and reach out for them. I lost $200+, but I just couldn't stay there. Stayed in my sister's basement

Good stay for a night or two, beyond that would be difficult if on the first floor.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Off street access to hotel hallways was not secure. Security doors that were to use room keys for access were not working, allowing anyone to come in. Ceiling/floors are very thin and you can hear every step someone above you is taking.

Close to the job site I was working on. Friendly staff that were very responsive to issues as they occurred. A decent breakfast of waffles, bagels, cereal and drinks was included.

Great Value for Your Money@
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The fitted sheet did not fit properly and kept peeling back.

The staff were amazing. the accommodated my special requests when they did not have to. The room was amazing for a budget hotel, brand new carpets, large bathroom, clean, great air conditioning.

HOW TO MAKE A GUEST UNCOMFORTABLE.

Asked about the check time, and if the room was ready, would we be able to leave our belongings, and come back. I wanted to see the room first. Manager was told that I was not happy,I never said that, he was confronting and not nice. I asked about the bird droppings all over the side walk, we had to walk thru, he said I would have to speak to the geese? I was also told that if I was not happy I could go somewhere else. Not nice. I just made the best of it. Not a very comfortable feeling. Breakfast was juice, from machine, coffee, defrosted bagels, toast, and box cereal? Asked for a few extra hangers, had only 3, told not sure if they could give them to us. Never got any.They were wire hangers? Asked for a extra towel, very hard and rough, got 1. I decided not to ask for anything else. If I had the time, and could cancel, I would have left. Not a great area, and the personnel, do not speak English very well, do not understand what you ask, and the condition of the room, was old, needs updating, and not worth the money. Simple things could have made the visit more pleasant, but they were indifferent, maybe because I had booked thru booking.com. Told to pay $1.75 a day for the safe. In this area I had no choice, but that should be included with the room, especially knowing that this was not the safest area. Our friends asked about why we stayed there? Your website makes it look a lot different. We had very little time to start looking for other hotels, we had a wedding and family plans that needed to be attended to. I will be more selective in the future, and more informed from your website as to what you see, is not what you get.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The hotel from hell!

see above

I had a horrible experience at this hotel. The staff, management were terrible, unresponsive to my repeated complaints, room was filthy, remote of TV didn't work, TV didn't work, hair dryer didn't work because of outlet problems in the whole wall, there was no lock on the sliding door ( I was on the ground floor) , they put a piece of wood to close the door, the blanket was filthy, with big yellow stains that looked like urine, there was a musty , foul smell in the room , there were no blankets at all first night, and I was freezing, after I repeatedly asked for blankets they put on the bed the stained disgusting blanket I mentioned above, the worst experience I had with a hotel in many years. I will NEVER stay there again, and I would advise everyone against it! There was NOTHING to like!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

clean but no hot water in sink or working tub or shower
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

room was old and musty. No hot water in bath sink. shower was non existent as it only trickled out 3 inches from wall Had a whirlpool tub and steam shower in room of which neither worked Breakfast was OK with bagels, toast, coffee , tea and juice only. I would not stay again.

location and clean

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Keep looking
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not very clean. The room had no chairs to sit on. Check-in procedures where very questionable. After they charged me for the room upon checking in they made a copy of my ID and credit card. I informed them making a copy of my credentials was not necessary because they had already reviewed them upon arrival.

Location to where I needed to be.

Don't judge a book by it's cover
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I was suprised by the cleanliness and comfort of the room. I assumed as an Inn "you get what you get and you don't get upset". But the room was clean and the staff were super nice and accommodating

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

we were very disappointed
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

non carpeted floors, completed paint jobs, a tub that's easy to step into, hangers in the closet, know one came in to clean the room after the 1st night and a light in the ice room that works.

I loved the picture of central park and new York city on the main wall.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The room was dirty and old, the bathroom also.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty and old, the bathroom also. Nor recommended. Police asked for documents and when we told them that we were Italian they let us go but not a nice situation. Not coming back.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

It wasnt worth the price dont go book later with a different place for same price
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi tub was disgusting the jets did not work well other ppls hair shot out of the one jet workin blood on bathroom door. Rugs very stained

The bed was comfortable but cigarette burns all over it

Hair dryer is not working.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Hair dryer is not working.

Rooms are outdated and overpriced for quality received

Rooms are outdated and overpriced for quality received

It clean and pretty quiet
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

You get what you pay for honestly looks a little out dated but It was okay

It clean and pretty quiet

Very Comfortable
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean room. Good location to food sources. Great Staff. Will stay again on my next visit to Long Island.

Value

Value

Room was spacious

WiFi was terrible

Room was spacious

Perfect. Thank you.
    • Standard King Room

The staff was amazing, they made it feel more like a home then a hotel. The staff is hardworking and professional.

An awful hotel, go elsewhere!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Do not stay here, it is a total dump, it is old, dingy and dirty.

Very quiet
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

There really wasn't blackout shades so sun came through very early in morning.

Very quiet

very good staff and i will stay there again as well
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

i ate all meals at local delis and restaraunts the room was great and the location as well

They were undergoing renovations, which they denied
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom facilities, Hotel appearance, staff manners, facility disrepair

I enjoyed the room overall .
    • King Room - Smoking

Needs cleaning, breakfast was minimal .

The bed and Whirlpool we're the best.

A mess

The guy at the desk

The guy at the desk was rude

The room was clean and bigger then I expected the bathroom...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn’t like

The room was clean and bigger then I expected the bathroom was phenomenal

The worst

COFFEE Machine was not working.Broken glass in parking lot for 10 days

Going home it suck.I would not recommend it anyone

In a world with so much ready to divide you, it is nice to be brought back together with home.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was kind. They were not intrusive and had very good humor.

Enjoy the reunion.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The place. Sign starting legal action and loitering will be arrested nor happy

Reunion Leaving the hotel

Easy check in. Friendly staff. Rooms are dated and need to be upgraded for longer stay.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are a little dated, but they appear to be working on that.

Friendly staff. Free breakfast.

deposit

deposit

Never again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no blankets on the beds, just a bed cover. Really? For $190 per night? Never again.

The facility was run down and the room smelled stale.

Avoid the Rodeway motel in Huntington, NY
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

facility is decrepit, carpets are filthy, bed was old and overused.....

very old facility badly in need of major renovation or total replacement!

Staff was great they get 10/10
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Old hotel cigarette smoke all over

Staff was great they get 10/10

Dirty

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Horrible
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

There was dirt in a the corners of the room. The bathtub had hair in it.Broken furniture.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Not a pleasant experience

Towels were dirty. Front desk staff not efficient

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Never again!

It was filthy.

It was cheap but you get what you pay for

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

The room

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Huntington stay
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I find two roaches in the room one in the bed the other walking across the table

Hot tub cable quietness

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

best hotel stay in usa !
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Really friendly staff . Lovely clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Dont book here

Staff is horrible

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Amazing
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub was amazing with the whirlpool! Everything was clean and nice smelling! No complaints !

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Cockroaches in the room!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Cockroaches in the room!!!!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Rodeo way inn clean quiet & conviene

Checking out there is no drop box for card key

Close to other business & restaurant & mall

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

What I liked was that it was only a short distance to the...

What I didn't like about the hotel was that there were sketchy people living there such as welfare room and board. The bathroom need to be redone and our room door didn't close all the way unless we doubled locked it. The pillows where worn down and the bed was hard as a rock. Overall, do I recommend staying here ? Yes, if only for a one night stop and leave in the morning! However, I have to say the staff was super nice !!

What I liked was that it was only a short distance to the paramount and that there was plenty of restaurants located around the hotel. Not only that you get 2o% off your bill at TGIF's when staying here.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Getting out of this scary Motel.

Run down and dirty. Water stained and cracked walls. Burns in the comforter. Tub was old and paint was peeling. I was worried I'd get bed bugs or have my car broken into.

Getting out of this scary Motel.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2015

We were being harassed by the police. Everytime we left the place we were getting pulled over because we were coming out of a known narcotic place. They were searching or car as well. We were to stay for 2 nights, after the first night and after being harassed more than once we didn't not want to contiune our stay. We did not feel safe nor comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

Loved the shower/bath and whirlpool option.

Did not like the blankets on the bed..definitely old. They had burn holes in them and weren't comfortable to sleep with.

Loved the shower/bath and whirlpool option. Bathroom was clean & tidy as was the room. Loved that the room and bed were spacious.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2015

Seen the effort they put in.

Got bit up really bad by bed bugs, found it gross. Can't enjoy my vacation because of the police in the parking lot, every time I turn my head a undercover is looking at me. On top of that, he pulled me over, saying my "rental car didn't have insurance"

Seen the effort they put in.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

The mattress was comfortable

We were charged 50% more than my confirmed email listed. I was told I would get a refund after I sent an email, with copies of receipt. I did but no refund yet!

The mattress was comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

absolutely nothing

the first room was exceptionally dirty, cracked sink, toilet did not work, had to call reception for the tv, twice they came before it worked. breakfast was in a corner of the reception area with workmen coming in(in clothes that were filthy and covered in paint and debris) and generally sitting about,breakfast was not worth the walk from the room for, we went out for breakfast,

absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

The bed was comfortable

There were no bath linens in my room; when I requested some, I was handed one towel and one face cloth. The furniture in my room and the main light switch were in need of repair.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

aesthetically the room looked welcoming and clean.

Last minute change in price, $20 increase once i reached the location. Also the extra charge associated with the television. Having no ice machines near bye also were a negative.

aesthetically the room looked welcoming and clean.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Excellent customer service from entire staff.

Difficult seeing several people removed from the property by law enforcement officials and ambulance crews.

Excellent customer service from entire staff.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

It said continental breakfast coffee mashing didn't ...

It said continental breakfast coffee mashing didn't work there was nothing to eat and the blowdryer almost burnt my 13 year old it bust into flames there was a roach on the wall and check out is 12 but at 11 the maid is ruching u out

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

The bed was very confortable and the view out the window

When if was time to check-out. An employee unlocked my door and said check out time was at 11. It wasnt necessary for him to open the door. Lack of privacy

The bed was very confortable and the view out the window

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

The room was big.

The shower curtain was too short so water ran out on the floor which made it slippery. The bottom sheet was really a top sheet and not big enough to be tucked in well. The lighting was poor in our room.

The room was big.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Absolutely nothing.

I got overcharged more than $200 by this dumpy hotel. First, they charged me $99 a night, instead of the $79 rate confirmed by Booking.com. Second, they accused me of reserving two rooms and being a "no show" for the second room--even though I was traveling alone and had never booked a second room. When I checked in, they refused to give me a detailed receipt before checkout. When I checked out, a high school-age boy was staffing the desk. He said he couldn't do anything about the problem, and that I'd have to talk to the manager, who wasn't available. When I repeatedly phoned the manager for 3 straight days, my call was directed to a mailbox that was full. There was no way to hold them accountable. More than three weeks later, I am still having to go through Booking.com to get a full refund--emailing them repeatedly to intervene. Today they told me it would take 10-15 more days for my refund to be processed. Never mind that this hotel has probably not been deep-cleaned since the Reagan Administration, that I never received housekeeping service once, and that the staff doesn't have the least amount of concern for the guests. The fact that they ripped me off by more than $200 is enough to avoid the Rodeway Huntington... no matter how attractive it may seem on Booking.com

Absolutely nothing. This hotel is a dump, and the staff couldn't care less about a guest's comfort or satisfaction.

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.