Reviews of Hyatt Regency Chicago 4 stars

151 East Wacker, Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL 60601, USA

#65 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Good location to explore Chicago
    • Queen Room

Not the hotel's problem - it was HOT!

The check-in staff was excellent. Rooms were spacious and we were upgraded to "a room with a view", Very nice! Location is very good - near Millennium Park, Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, good restaurants (including the hotel's). Concierge was helpful.

An enjoyable stay at the Hyatt Regency and a hotel I would definitely recommend!

The $75 per night security deposit was excessive.

The hotel is situated in an excellent location and was within walking distance of several of the main attractions in Chicago. The room was extremely comfortable, spacious and clean and offered a nice view of the city. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. The only criticism I would have is that guests should be warned in advance of the $75 per night security deposit as I felt this rate was excessive.

• Junior River View Suite

First Class Service and Amazing Property and Location. Can't be beat !!! This is one of the absolutely best run hotels I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The staff is extremely friendly, attentive, and genuinely care about making sure each guest is tended to 100percent. They go way above and beyond to make sure your stay is excellent. I stayed in a King Suite with River View and could not be happier. The views were AMAZING, and the room was clean and well appointed. The only caution is beware of the honor bar and snacks available for purchase in the room -- they are way overpriced. Drastically. But I asked to have a fridge brought up to my room and they sent one up immediately. That worked great for me. CAN'T BEAT THE LOCATION. CAN'T BEAT THE STAFF. FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE ALL THE WAY. This is the only place I will stay now when I visit Chicago.

Hyatt Hotels are always worth coming back to
    • Queen Room with Bath - Disability Access

Watch out for parking....69 $ Overnight is was too much....find one of the public garage....

Everyone friendly accommodating., room great....beautiful view to the river..try to get 23nd floor or above....amazing

Not good room were not available wated probably 5 hours of our trip standing in lobby they didntcare
    • King Room - High Floor

I need some compensation back from you or Hyatt- they didn't have our rooms ready didn't get to check in until 9:30 at night - also the gave us room keys and we entered room at it was occuoied then waited 1 1/2 to get our room was awful im an amputee was very bad

Outstanding.
    • Queen Room

You have to request fresh towels and sheets or they will only be provided after an extended stay. Make sure you read the card in the bath area. Also no counter space in the bath to place toiletries. Very minor inconveniences.

Great location. Excellent service. Beautiful views. Market in the lobby has fruit and snacks and is open 24 hours. Grocery store behind the hotel and Starbucks and Walgreens are a block away. Great restaurants and bars nearby. Easy access to subway and Michigan Ave. and Navy Pier within walking distance. River tours and other river activities accessible right below the hotel. Excellent value at the rate we booked which was under $200. Will definitely stay again. Have stayed at the Sheraton on the river in the past, the Hyatt is a much better choice.

Really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt! I would definitely stay there again.

Transporting roller bags over carpeting on the connectingbridge between the east and west towers. Very difficult. The hotel apparently tacks on a $75 per day charge to cover incidentals. I was not aware of that until I received a call from my credit card company inquiring about the unexpected charge on my card. I could explain the anticipated 3 day hotel stay charge, but the extra amount was baffling. So I called the front desk and the extra amount was explained.

Great accommodations and excellent, helpful staff

Too pricey for what you get
    • King Room with View

It's a nice hotel but your definately paying for the location not comfort, bed was hard. Pillows tiny I wouldn't stay there again unless I got a real good deal

My stay was satisfactory.

The room had a faint stench...not sure where it emanated from...perhaps sink hole or bathroom hole.

The breakfast was decent....not a lot of variety but what was available was decent. The guatemalan chef was very friendly and made delicious omelettes. The bed was amply comfortable and the TV had a variety of channels.

nothing special
    • King Room with View

We ordered the room with the view. but instead had a wall of windows of a next building infront of us. And my husband got bitten ... looks like with a bed bug...

The staff was super nice...

Awesome Experience!

Everything was perfect. No complains!!

The location of this hotel is perfect if you want to experience Downtown Chicago at best. Right by the Chicago River our room had a perfect view of the city. We will stay here every time we visit Chicago!

The stay was mediocre. Was hoping it would be amazing for what we paid. ;-(

When we checked in for my daughters 16th Birthday. They gave us the wrong room number. Went all the way to our room (in which we needed to use the restroom. And was not able to get in. Also, the soap was used in the bathroom. (Housekeeping came and cleaned it after we got into our room. Windows were very dirty. The window was wide open, sun shining in and you could barely see out from all the gunk on the window. I paid a lot of money to make my daughters 16th birthday extra special and I was more than disappointed with the room. ;-(

Staff was pleasant. Location was great.

Perfect choice during stay in Chicago

Waiters in restaurant too pushy during breakfast for paid menu.

Perfect location for Chicago sightseeing or business trip. Good hotel with all necessary services and details. Good breakfast. I recommend

Perfect spot in Chicago!

Very comfortable room, bed, and pillows. Staff was friendly and attentive although the guy at the bag check booth didn't seem completely happy to be there. Overall a wonderful experience.

It was just okay, nothing special at all.

The bar was closed when we got back from a show at 10:30. Bell staff was rude to us when we were checking luggage. Bathroom had hair on the floor (not ours). The bed was not at all comfortable--you rolled together in the middle. I was charged an extra $25 per day for a city view.

The location was wonderful! in the middle of everything

We will definitely consider staying at this hotel in the future.
    • Queen Room

Found nothing to dislike.

The lounge areas where huge so there are many places to set and enjoy the surroundings. The location to shopping on the Magnificent Mile and within walking distance to the theater district.

I was disappointed in my experience.

Shower was broken. Double booked my room and a couple tried getting into my room. They were in the room before it was assigned to me. When I checked out the card wasn’t working for my company due to a glitch in their system. Paid way too much money for all this drama.

The restaurant downstairs was good. Staff was pleasant.

Nice hotel, but watch out for the extra costs!

I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that valet parking was $69 for one day. Also the refrigerator in the room was full with ridiculously priced mini-bar items and had no room for our things. $8.50 + 22% "convenience fee" + tax for a bottle of water? No thanks. Also, the bathroom wall next to the sink had some dried stuff on it, which was a little gross.

The view was gorgeous! We could walk to Millennium Park, so the location was great for us. The beds were very comfy and the air conditioning worked great.

Our visit to Chicago was great, had a fun time making wonderful memories.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

I did not that I booked the reservation a month in advance for my 30th birthday. When I arrived check in was fine until we got to the room and had one bed. I booked 2 queen size beds with a view. When I returned to the front desk I was informed that a big convention was going on and the room I booked and paid for wouldn't be ready until tomorrow. I just felt that the convention was more important to the hotel then my family.

I loved the location! Close to navy pier, the river board walk magnificent mile and 2 blocks from the bean! We had our 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter and did a lot of walking. The staff was very helpful with helping us navigate the city when we had to drive, which was once up to Wrigley Field.

Perfectly located.
    • Grand Two Queens

Perfectly located. Easy to walk to key areas of Chicago. The staff was very helpful. The water in the lobby was something we looked forward to when we came in after a walk in the city.

I had fun there and I enjoyed Chicago.

I receive nothing complementary. The smallest thing cost to much. It would have been nice to at least have some free water in my room.

I loved The cleanliness and comfort of my room.

Close to attractions and able to walk to them without having...
    • Queen Room

The room staff who kept bothering us in the morning of our checkout. Checkout is noon, but we had 2 times of them wanting to clean the room or restock the refrigerator. 2nd time I was so frustrated with being bothered 2 hours before checkout that I told them to go ahead and stock the refrig even though I wasn't even dressed. If noon checkout is too late to get the room ready for 3pm checkin, then perhaps they should change the check out time to an earlier time.

Close to attractions and able to walk to them without having to keep paying for parking.

Staff were very friendly and attentive.
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access

Staff were very friendly and attentive. Room facilities as advertised. Bag store service so we didn’t have to lug our bags around after check out on the last day.

Location excellent for our sightseeing Architectual Boat Tour.. Rooms clean, stylish and comfortable
    • King Room with View

Reservation made considerably in advance for two similar rooms. Person doing the checkin could have asked if we wanted adjoining rooms, which we did, but she did not. Outside of data on the TV, there was little sightseeing data.

Breakfast was varied and exceptionally good.

Love the locacation and I will stay there again.
    • King Room - High Floor

Not a good view from my floor(26).I was looking at the building next door.Had a problem getting in my room one night.Had to go down to the desk twice.

Great location.Comfortable room.

Pretty nice!
    • Queen Room

Housekeeping time is around 10am, which might be early for some customer like me...

Beds, pillows and sofas are comfortable. Minibar and snacks are provided, pretty convenient. Location is excellent! Other facilities are also very convenient, as described on the main page.

Disappointing services
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

For my experience, I can't recommend this hotel. The room supposed to be ready until 3 pm. However, when I arrived near 3 pm, I had to wait one and half hours to get my room. They didn't do any actions except just saying sorry. They failed to guess time to ready or didn't give any information. They made My last trip to Chicago go wrong. If you have enough time to wait, you can book a room now!

Amazing, per usual.
    • Queen Room

The staff is really quick and approachable. Check-in was a really smooth process, and checkout is as simple as leaving your room keys in a drop box. As an individual that lived in Chicago for 3 years, the location doesn't get much better than this; right around the corner from Giordano's, Nutella Cafe, Millennium Park, and just a couple of blocks from the Mag Mile. This hotel is my go-to when visiting Chicago.

Good breakfast, but I’m walking out side.

Room, every facility, people on front desk specially China young workers but no body help with you luggage . When arrive the people at the parking lot doing so good,

Liked

The price for the room I was assigned was too high.

The price for the room I was assigned was too high. Ive stayed at this location before but in much nicer rooms. I don't know if my room assignment was due to my booking with booking.com

Very good, but cost more than what I had booked it for.
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

No hand towels after 1st day. Needed more coffee and cups (and stirrers). Phone was unplugged from wall.....had to track it and connect it.

Staff was excellent with service....except housekeeping.

Couldn't fault the location - and had a cocktail bar as well!
    • King Room with View

A bit surprised it didn't have a swimming pool - would have been absolutely perfect, then.

An excellent room with one of the biggest, most comfortable beds I've ever found in a hotel. Excellent amenities, brilliant location and I'd definitely go back given the chance! Brilliant breakfast as well. Top notch hotel!

Great stay but eat somewhere else.

Service at the Restaurant is terrible. Asked for a well done cheeseburger and the guy argued with me, telling me they cook it med well at one temp. My thought is, don't care what temp you cook it at, just leave it on the grill longer. Oh which that is what I told the gentleman. He gave me some BS answer, went back to my room, and the GD burger was RAW and I mean Raw, red, blood. So they even F'd up on the whole med well comment they were trying to tell me. Just frustrating when you pay a lot of money and they can't fulfill a simple request.

Valet parking, bringing your vehicle to ya up front was nice. Holding bags after we checked out for free was great.

Staff was very courteous and professional.
    • Queen Room with Bath - Disability Access

Room was small for the money. The A/C didnt work very well. No fan in the bathroom

Staff was very courteous and professional. Service was excellent, too.

Our stay was very nice. Very friendly and helpful staff!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The cost of the breakfast buffet

The room was very nice. View was wonderful! Bed was very comfy!! I would recommend this hotel. Only thing I was surprised with was the cost of breakfast. Breakfast should never cost $50.00! and we had the buffet!

Poor customer service
    • Queen Room with Bath - Disability Access

I waited 6 hours to get a room. The desk clerks and their supervisor told me repeatedly to come back in 45 minutes and the room will be ready. Finally at 9 pm I stood at the desk and would not leave until they gave me a key.

They charge a handling fee for packages arriving to the...
    • Queen Room with Bath - Disability Access

They charge a handling fee for packages arriving to the hotel. This should be a service for guests with no additional cost, unless they had to store the items for many days, but mine arrived less than a day before I did.

Great location and friendly staff!!

Bed was not very impressive and it was a little loose and noisy.

Excellent location!!! Easy access to most of the places you would like to visit. They are all in walking distance from this hotel. Nice bar and good breakfast - breakfast is not included though and you have to pay if you choose to have it at the hotel’s restaurrant. Our room was pretty quiet. Overall, it was a good experience.

The location is amazing!
    • Queen Room

I thought the pricing of the rooms was okay, but in my opinion the $69 Valet only parking is too expensive. They do provide hotel guests with 24/7 In & Out privileges which is useful, but still felt high compared to several other hotels in the area.

The location is amazing! Right at the beginning of the Magnificent Mile, therefore close to Millenium Park & The Chicago Art Institute. Navy Pier is 20 minute walk one way while the Theatre district is 15 minutes the opposite way.

We had 4 first night and 3 for last 3 nights. Only provided 2 coffees, 2 paper cups, 2 towels and 2 washcloths! Room with 2 queen beds! As a hotel (economy) owner myself, I found the room inadequately supplied. The room was overpriced for what we received.

good place to stay
    • King Room - High Floor

I think that 100 CND par day for parking is crazy.

good location almost on Michigan Ave, good collection of restaurants, wonderful view of the downtown, boat tours are next to the hotel (recommended) and very nice people.

It was an exciting trip

There was what appeared to be facial hair as if someone shaved in sink when we arrived. We had been up all night so only wanted to nap - & this didn’t give chance to fix because didn’t call. The cost of the hotel for its amenities was far higher than I get in my normal travels but it may just be the area,

Room service was great- such friendly staff. Room was comfortable.

amazing view
    • King Room - High Floor

the hotel is too big and therefore makes the service not good/attentive enough, it could account for some renovations

the best thing about the room is the view, the room was big and confortable and the hotel is very well located

Good location.
    • King Room - High Floor

Long line for check in, No slipper, no glass cup for brushing teeth, small wash stand, even drinking water is not free, inconvenient battery socket, bad view from the window. Overall, it was the worst experience I have ever had in terms of all the Hyatt hotels I have ever been.

Good location.

Good!

I wished for self parking garage for this hotel. That's all!

I like the location and feeling of security strolling around. We only had to walk to the park, great places to eat, shopping and trying the deep dish pizza at Gino's.

It was a fantastic spot to enjoy many things Chicago had to offer!!
    • King Room with View

The staff was very friendly, the linens and room was really clean, location was convenient and many onsite amenities such as a restaurant, coffee shop and gift shop.

Great location but poor room service
    • Queen Room

When we checked in, our coffee machine was left dirty. We called to come and clean it. After 3 hours, nothing happened. We called again and after another hour they bring a clean one and the dirty one was there all three days! Some of the stuff were changed during the room service but some not. We had to call and ask for room service several times to bring stuff.

Great location, and comfort.

They gave me a single double bed room even after I reminded...

They gave me a single double bed room even after I reminded them I have booked a double queen room. It made me going back and forth the front desk and the room at midnight with all the luggage. No one came to clean up the room after we were out for a day. I called for two bath towels and there were holes on one of the towels. Should these be the service of a 4-star hotel? We stayed there for two nights.

Good but could be better!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

I think the cleaning ladies didn't change the sheets. Didn't give us extra toiletries even if we indicated that 2 pax will be staying. Rate during event is extremely high. Trump is more cheaper.

Proximity and convenience since event is at Hyatt.

Would highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Chicago to all. Superb location!

None.

The location is great! We could walk to the Millennium Park, Navy Pier and the Magnificent Mile and enjoy the great attractions and food that Chicago offers. The hotel is a large conference hotel but the reception is very friendly and helpful.

Did not meet my expectations

The mattresses were so old they had no support left in them the first night we got absolutely no sleep, we changed rooms although it was a little better I expected more. Quality was of a Motel 8. not to mention the TV was not working and we were told just to unplug the electric cord so it would reset instead of sending repair. Totally disappointed

The room was very nice.

It was very difficult to find the hotel. My GPS was no help either. Also, the magnifying mirror in the bathroom would not stay up, I could not use it.

The room was very nice. I like that the bathroom has a magnifying mirror :)

Mission accomplished. Very happy.
    • King Room with View

accommodating. Husband and I own customer service businesses and "yes, let me check for you" is a more welcoming responses than a crooked lip and "um, we dont have that in our computer" For whatever it is. I'm the client and I had my email to support my request. It all worked out.

Food throughout is excellent quality and made to my special health diet. Staff was all accomodating.

Not the best Hyatt I have stayed, not for a family to stay, more for business!
    • King Room - High Floor

The room was a mess. The trim was falling off of the walls, there was painters tape on the walls, the lamp shade was stained pretty bad, there was a broken outlet, and the carpet was peeling back.

Friendly staff and the location.

Average not very impressed at all!

First room I was assigned obviously had someone who smoked a cigar and it smelled. I had them change my room and the next one smelled musty but I stayed there. The rooms are dark and not appealing at all. It’s a typical huge corporate/convention transient hotel. Had dinner at Stetsons which was very good and the full service Starbucks Cafe Bakery was a plus in the morning.

Bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean.

We had an awesome time and since it was a perfect location, I'm sure we will come back.

The reserve now, pay later option wasn't explained properly so it was confusing they were holding so much money for the stay.

The fact that we could check in super early and check out was even better so we could leave our bags at the hotel still site see a bit more before catching our flight back to Florida

Great Location

For some reason I thought they had a pool but sadly they didn't have one not even a hot tub to relax in after walking all day.

The location was perfect, within walking distance of a lot of stuff, the river view was amazing. The room was good nothing too special about them besides the river view which we all loved. I would recommend it to anyone who is there for business.

A great location, centrally located to attractions, shopping...

A great location, centrally located to attractions, shopping and restaurants. We are already planning our next trip because there is so much to see and do.

I loved the view and the TV was great

The bed was indented, like if people that would sleep in the same spot.I kept sliding towards the deep spot of the bed. Beds need to be flip.

I loved the view and the TV was great

Excellent hotel for the Chicago Downtown - great value for money!
    • Queen Room

The hotel is great with perfect location right at the heart of the Chicago Downtown along with lovely views, great overall ambiance, and more importantly the hotel staff / rooms are just perfect. I was upgraded to the king size room with a lakeview which I absolutely loved.

Room was clean and spacious, wi-fi worked.

In-house info system is tied to the TV, which did not work. Could not do easy check-out or use in-room dining menu. Pillows were flat (uncomfortable for neck) Noise. Loud groups in the halls at night, including running children.

Room was clean and spacious, wi-fi worked. The in-house main restaurant was good for lunch, though a little pricey, particularly for a glass of wine.

Good place to stay one night, would not recommend stay longer.

The receptionist lady didn’t tell where the breakfast is, what time.. Also didn’t tell about the house, where is gym, sauna or other possible things. Usually the hotel staff will tell you that kind of things right? In the morning I realized the receptionist had sneaked the check to the room under the door, if that is a American style then..... face to face is more polite to do things like that.

The staff was polite in the breakfast room!

Great Location

The location was great. Right in the center of everything. The staff was a little flexible with check in and check out time. The beds felt like heaven and the pillows were amazing. Overall, we had a great stay and I would stay here again.

The hotel was huge with tons of restraunts in it.
    • King Room - High Floor

It's across the river from most of the restraunts, which isn't too far of a walk until the bridges kept being closed for maintenance at different times while I was there.

The hotel was huge with tons of restraunts in it.

Beautiful hotel but rooms could be noisy.

Noises from the hallway and rooms above and beside ours could be heard easily. The bathtub didn’t drain well. No restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. Parking was expensive.

Beautiful hotel. Large lobby was impressive. The rooms were clean, spacious, with comfortable beds.

• Junior River View Suite

Everything great room great views and the deposit they only charge $75 not that expensive for a beautiful place although parking is expensive it's valet so it's worth it!

Centrally located hotel with great accommodations. Will definitely stay there again.
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access

Just wish the weather would have been better so that we could have extended our weekend. Many thanks for a very nice time.

The room was nice and quiet and had a great night's sleep because of that as well as how very comfortable the bed was. The bed linens were quite nice as well.

The stay was nice
    • Queen Room

The only problem we had with this hotel was that the blanket had to be replaced due to brown residue that was on it

the hotel restaurant was very good housekeeping came everyday.

The beds were comfortable.

My room wasn't cleaned when I arrived at 7pm. But they sent a housekeeper up right away and it was fine from then on

The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was a good size. Good hair dryer provided.

Perfect location but mind the parking
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

The parking is terrible, but that's a given in Chicago. You definitely going to have to park and walk a bit.

This hotel is in the perfect spot. You can walk to pretty much all of the major sites in Chicago. It's really all around anything you would want from a nice hotel.

Good location to downtown Chicago.
    • Queen Room

For a hotel of that reputation I would have expected the bathrooms to be in a better condition than they were - I hate when there is residue on the shower heads for example and the shower curtains did look a bit rundown. Those could be replaced.

Good location to downtown Chicago. The hotel has a few restaurants located on the property and a food market. The rooms are very spacious. Bathrooms are clean and have everything that is needed. Pick Up services could easily pull into the hotel reception area for pick up. Convenient and close to the riverwalk. About a 15 minutes walk to most locations. Good restaurants located close by. Easy walk to Navy Pier.

Great location and friendly staff but deceitful pricing and bad hotel restaurant service/food
    • Junior River View Suite

The American Grill service was a 2/10. People were waiting on the server just to get a drink order. I ordered a full rack of ribs. The ribs made me sick to my stomach later that night. The website for booking is also deceiving. There's no mention of the daily parking charge (there is a mention of guests parking @ $69/day) and it states breakfast rates are for two. This is seemingly implying breakfast is included in the rate. However, upon ordering breakfast, I had to pay $80. So, breakfast was not included.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities were nice and well kept.

Good location to downtown and Navy Pier

Rooms could use updating and bathroom needs shelves for personal items

Nice eating areas and places to lounge. Indoor market for snacks and Starbucks!!

Food service was polite and prompt
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

Customer service overall was poor I felt like I would have been happier at la quinta. We paid for the hyatt name not service.

Food service was polite and prompt

Awesome city but I would not stay at Hyatt regency next time.
    • Queen Room

Extremely expensive parking lot. Minibar got restricted for no clear reason. Room too small.

Excelent location. Close to all interest points in Chicago.