Reviews of Inn at Wilmington 2 stars

300 Rocky Run Parkway, Talleyville, DE 19803, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Talleyville

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great value with an even better staff!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our stay started off a little shaky because of a mix up in booking the correct room....however... the staff quickly fixed the problem and upgraded us to an even better room! The room was clean and nicely appointmented. Got a great night's sleep after an 8 hour drive and woke up to a nice breakfast. The staff though...they made the stay!

Comfy, Clean, and Friendly in a convenient location.

Wonderful. They renovated - we stayed in a brand new room! Beds were exceptionally comfy. Air conditioning was quiet, didn't disturb sleep. Breakfast was very good. Food was hot, area clean and well attended to. All Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. A+ for front desk staff and food area. Also, Location is great with restuarants in walking distance and near lots of shopping. They did a great job in upgrading this hotel. I would love to stay here again.

It was ok, could be better like the last time I stayed.

I had to kill to many flys in that room, and the bathroom could be a little better. The room just needs to be updated in general.

The bed was nice and comfortable, As many times i stayed here because of the location is great and very nice.

The room overall was nice, the staff was pretty attentive

The bed was alright, could not get connected to the WiFi for the longest time and when I did, it wouldn’t stay connected for too long. The toilet stopped working for one day. The air conditioning was extremely loud.

The room overall was nice, the staff was pretty attentive

My stay was excellent.

I can’t think of anything.My

It was great experience. The staff was Very friendly and polite. I could not believe how nice everyone was to my Dog as well.

My husband and I needed to bring our dog and this location...

We didn’t care for the coffee at breakfast.

My husband and I needed to bring our dog and this location accommodated us. Our room was quiet even on the first floor.

The Inn provided an affordable rate in the area and was certainly satisfactory.

The air system sounded like a siren most of the night. More space in the bathroom would have been great.

The bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast was a nice perk.

It was a trade off for the location.

I did not pack mouthwash or lotion because usually it's offered at the hotel, but there wasn't any in the room. The shower did not have hardly any water pressure and the towels were like sandpaper.

The location. The staff was very friendly.

The lady at the front desk (I think her name is Blessing)...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk (I think her name is Blessing) saved my butt by lending me her personal iPhone charger - I forgot mine. Thank you Blessing!!

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone planning to visit the area.

Breakfast was a little disappointing.

The front desk person was Blessing and she lived up to her name. Every front desk person was so friendly. The housekeeper sang while she worked. All the staff were wonderful. Great safe location. Convenient to restaurants.

the stay was fair ,they really need the update. Perfect location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast starts too late for people that stays there for work. The place overall needs to be updated. I have pet allergies so a little more concern need to be taken for people like myself and not have pets just walk through the main entrance,maybe have a separate entrance for that. room furnituree was very worn.

Great hotel convenient to everything you would need while away from home.

More breakfast items, eggs and a meat choice, maybe yogurt. Even if just severed on weekends to cut down food cost if revenue isn't high during the week. parking was alittle bit different than our first stay. However at checkout I was inform that the hotel was in the process of doing some upgrades to the 4th floor so, with that being saidwe completly understood. :)

Hotel staff make myself and family fell very welcomed with this being our second time staying at this location in the area. Rooms were were clean and lite up very well. Housekeeping did an excellent job on the 3rd floor. Everything was cleaned stocked and ready for up to be comfortable in for our short get away weekend. Breakfast area was nice and cozy. Nothing too special but still great for fresh food and the breakfast attendant made sure to keep everything nice and clean and stocked up.

Just a wonderful place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff as very friendly. All needs, no matter how big or small were addressed immediately. Room as lean and fees and extremely comfortable. Even the complimentary breakfast was above expectations. .

The hotel was clean both outside and inside.

There were young children in the room next to ours. They were very loud and constantly making banging sounds at 10:30 PM....I called the front desk, they said they would take care of it. The noise did decrease but was still present until well after midnight. Parents that are more considerate is the best solution. Hotel walls that are better insulated is the next best solution.

The hotel was clean both outside and inside. Shower was hot, room was comfortable and the staff was pleasant.

Will come again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room next door had a yappy dog when we checked in. I considered asking to switch rooms, but we had to go out right away, and luckily when we got back I guess the people were back in their room because we never heard another peep.

I appreciate having a Keurig in the room. Not that Keurig is amazing coffee but it helps with cleanliness concerns. The wifi was fast as advertised, the breakfast was excellent by most hotel standards, and the desk clerk was super-friendly. The hotel is well located across from two malls and dozens of restaurants, so I was quite pleased overall.

the breakfast was ok---the staff was friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

we stayed in this hotel a couple of years ago--it seems to be run down alot since----there were no extras in the bathroom such as a shampoo, body lotion and a hairdryer, which we are accustom of finding in hotels

the breakfast was ok---the staff was friendly

Rooms were clean, double beds.

I booked two King beds which were not available when we checked in. So lack of transparency on booking.com. Was also double charged for rooms on my card and fathers card without notice, and had to call twice for clarification. When you book on website, book with the card you want to use.

Rooms were clean, double beds. Staff was friendly. Good location.

It was very nice and all the staff was very pleasant and happy to help in any way.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just that the sink was clogging but they fixed it right away and even asked if we preferred another room. We were fine to stay in that room as long as the sink was fixed and they fixed it.

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn at Wilmington. The staff was very helpful and polite!! We had a problem with our sink and they got it fixed right away. We had a very nice stay there.

Wouldn't book there again

Had worn and broken down furniture in room, one room had terrible smell and they moved us to another room. I think they had mole and that's why I had trouble breathing.

Very nice people at front desk

I usually have a great stay but this time was different (King bed rm)

There was a used wash rag hanging in the bathroom that I didn’t use and the heater to the room kept making this weird loud sound all night. Also I didn’t like how I was charged more than what I was suppose to.

The staff was welcoming and very polite

Overall it is located central to a lot of shops and restaurants.I would definitely stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When booking on booking.com this facility does not tell you they charge an extra $25 per each day of stay. They will reimburse you within 24 hours of your departure, but I think that would be something to inform all customers of. I am not from Delaware so I was unaware of that actually being a rule that all hotels in Delware chose to use.

The beds felt great.

Exceptional

The bed was not pillow top mattress.

Everything was wonderful. The staff An the room was nice An friendly. They treated you with a warm smile. This was the second time staying An got the exact rm we gd before.

I would highly recommend it!

Slow elevator

The set up of the room was excellent. The seating area was beyond what I expected and I loved it!!! I didn't drink the coffee, but it smelled wonderful! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom set up was perfect!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Needs upgrading

Filthy carpet. Put us in queen room when king ordered. We changed rooms. Very dated and dirty. Bed was better then most at this price. Look elsewhere until upgrades and cleanliness is better.

Nice service.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast. I felt the breakfast could have been more fulfilling. Example: No meat bacon sausage. No scrambled eggs. The breakfast could have been better with the amount that was charged.

Hospitality

Concerned at how one person can be given a room that was already in use by another person.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed here last year and had no issues, but this year didn't go well. After checking in, I went up to our room, using the key to enter the room. There was someone staying in the room - sleeping in the bed. Thankfully, the person had the extra door lock on so I couldn't open the door all the way. I returned to the front desk. They apologized, but took awhile for them to find another room and verify there was no one in the room. I had booked a king room with a pull out bed but ended up with 2 smaller beds. Although someone checked the room before sending us up, we were short towels and the hairdryer was missing. I requested hand towels and washcloths and was given floor mats and washcloths. The hairdryer was supplied immediately. There was no rate reduction supplied for the inconvenience.

Breakfast was good. The woman who worked breakfast did a good job and was friendly. The room was clean

Generally satisfactory, but nothing exceptional.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My second night was a little noisy, with someone apparently walking/banging something very early morning in a room above mine. I did not eat a free breakfast at the hotel because it looked very unappetizing. I asked to store a small valise in the hotel safe but was told that it was too large because it was significantly bigger than a passport.

The first of my two nights were very quiet.

Wonderful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That the hotel charged my friend's credit card instead of mine.

Beds we're amazing!!!! I also liked that when I originally booked I was planning to stay alone so I reserved a king bed room w/ a pullout sofa. A friend was able to come along after all and I was just thinking that one of us could sleep on the pullout sofa.In the end the hotel took the initiative to change our room to 2 queen beds so we both got a comfortable night's rest in a real bed. I was beyond thrilled!

Quaint,good for pet traveling,and wonderful staff aiming to please!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Halls unclean, first room had food on floor all around beds. Air conditioner made loud,unusual noise all night long, like airplane taking off

Area Staff Free breakfast Pet allowed Easy access

I would stay at Inn of Wilmington again. We had a great experience and I look forward to next trip.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't qualify for free breakfast but that's ok. The hotel itself was worth every penny.

I have had two hotels bust in comparison of what they claim to be advertising. I would definitely book through booking.com again. Thanks for your honesty.

We'll not be back.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Even the hard-boiled eggs were inedible, and to many of the offerings were loaded with sugar, thus rendered inedible.

The bed was so soft it gave my wife a back-ache when she got up in the morning.

Great place to stay. Great value and great location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet in our room needed to be shampooed (#220). There were several stains, that looked like they would come out if it was shampooed.

Facility is in good shape. Everything was in order. Breakfast was better than average with fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs.

Stress added to a long day of driving
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower plumbing was cobbled and caulked together so when shower was turned on it protruded out from wall and was unable to turn off. Certain areas very dirty

Fabulous Staff and Location!

Elevator on four story building is ETERNAL.

Typical Best Western feel with the formaldehyde breakfasts from some frozen location in Alaska. But the rooms are decent. The staff is lovely and warm and they truly make the stay more than the place. Location awesome. Shower and toiletries what you’d expect at this price point. But perfect place from which to tour the Brandywine

Good stay except for a sink that was clogged, would consider staying there again

the only sink in our room wouldn't drain and wasn't fixed in the two nights we spent there.

staff was nice, room and hotel were clean, breakfast good

A place to lay our heads for one night, but not very comfortable or inviting.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was tired and in desperate need of an update. Mattress was soft and the fitted bottom sheet would not stay on at the top corners. Furniture was worn and flimsy. Desk chair was very low and could not be raised due to being broken. Desk chair also leaned severely to one side. Complimentary breakfast was very limited, with no fruit available.

Location was excellent, close to restaurants and event we were attending. Staff was pleasant and accommodating.

I will stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sheets weren't clean on one of the beds.

I have been staying here for the past 5 yrs when I travel to DE. It is so convenient to everywhere I need to go.

Sucked

The Carpets in the hallways were really dirty, one bed in our room appeared to have not been changed had to switch rooms at almost 10 at night was not a happy camper

Terrible stay and Bad service
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was awful smelling, it smelled like cat urine. We alerted the staff and we're handed fabreeze. We complained at the desk and to management. I sent an email when we got home and have been brushed off. Bad Stay!! I believe they handled the situation terribly!!

The continental breakfast was good

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee maker in room did not work; TV picture was poor; fixtures in bath were loose; breakfast was the same every morning biscuits and gravy, no bacon or eggs. No newspapers, not even to look at.

Aging property.

Property shows age and lacks routine room maintenance in some areas. Example, loose shower handle (room 204), dead bug on wallpaper, dirty elevator, etc. OK if you like bread for breakfast. No bananas! No smoking facility, yet I smelled smoke.

Okay for an overnight.

The building is obviously older but our room was clean.

The front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast crew did a wonderful job. The food is typical hotel breakfast but it was fresh, the area was clean and they did their job well.

It could have been better.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Placed in a room that had many issues (hole in closet door & interior wall), shabby interior (poor condition of furniture). Told later it shouldn't have been rented. No adjustment made for their error.

I really liked the breakfast that was provided.

It was comfortable. Friendly staff but USD 100 per night is too much for the property.

Too pricey for the accommodation. I paid around USD 100. This would be an excellent option at around USD 60 per night. The shower fountain was not good. Couple of lights in the room were not working. Inspire of that there was ample light because of other lights. Not much choice in the breakfast.

Clean room and bath room. Decent space for family of 4

Would not go back or recommend.

Gave our reserved room away then gave us a handicap room which we had to switch. The halls, doors, etc are very beat up. Room lighting was dim..i suppose so you don't see the dirty rugs. Would not use this hotel brand again.

The desk clerk tried very hard to put a smile on my face. I did not blame her for anything that went wrong.

Nice and comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff is wonderful - helpful and thoughtful. The room is aging and very comfortable. All was clean. Bed was comfortable. We did not have breakfast and there were many restaurants nearby. We liked being on the outskirts of Wilmington and found it the perfect place for a stop-over.

Wonderful place to stay!

Can't think of anything.

This was such a nice place to stay. Very clean, nice furnishings. Had a Kuerig coffee maker in the room. The bed and pillows were a dream. Staff was friendly. Restaurants very close by.

Faded hotel sorely in need of renovation

This hotel is deeply faded and maybe 20 years in need of renovation. Plus, its service leaves much to be desired. We arrived at 5 pm and waited 15 .minutes for them to determine if the room was ready. I suggested they upgrade us but we were already in a junior suite. The rugs in the hallway are filthy and paint has peeled from walls and doors, leaving obvious patches. The bathrooms are small and outdated. The bottom of the bath tub was slippery and it felt like it was dangerous to take a shower. The outdated air conditioner under the window went off and on all night. Some of the outlets didn't work. When the room was cleaned they removed the soap and never replenished it so we had to call for soap at night. The breakfast is high in carbohydrates and had no fruit. The hotel should be cheaper for what it offers, but it is adequate if you don't expect much.

Location was good. Beds were comfortable. Easy parking.

Nothing special, wouldn't reccomend for a long stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Carpets in the hallways were extremely stained, couch in the room was dirty annd stained. Nothing special besides location to be honest

Great location with plenty of parking

Can't say here what I think. There are 4 star reviews of this hotel. Ignore them.

In my opinion, the place is filthy. Run down. Beds appeared to just be made not changed. Bed had feces and or blood on it. Ice machine was so dirty it was scary. Rooms poorly kept. They tried to make amends but you can't fix bad.

There was not really much to like. Normally, as I am a seasoned business traveler, I would have walked out.

Not the worst place that I've stayed but will likely not stay here again.

The breakfast was definitely below acceptable. The hours of breakfast on the week day is 7 am to 10 am and on the weekends its 7:30 am to 10:30 am. We arrived for breakfast on Sunday morning around 10 am. There were no cups available to make a waffle. I had to take one from the juice station. The trays designated for eggs and bacon were empty. We told the breakfast staff who seemed surprised and said "thanks for letting me know." It took about 10 minutes for more to be brought out. The bacon was tasteless and the eggs were round and pre-made which also was tasteless. There was no flavored coffee creamer. I was disappointed that the breakfast hours on a workday didn't start until 7 am. People do like breakfast before needing to commute to work and no other options were offered. Other places that I have stayed offered a bagged breakfast (muffin, energy bar, apple, and a bottle of water). The hotel is very outdated and needs to be refreshed. My suite had stained carpet and fixtures in the bathroom that were worn with age.

The size of the suite was very nice. The suite had two televisions, a refrigerator, a couch, and two queen beds. The lobby is nicely decorated. The Inn is convenient to tax-free shopping, restaurants and places of interest.

The lady that checked us in that day was an absolute Joy she was really very nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Check in time is too late the bathroom wasn't clean my towels were just thrown up there there was only 3 pillows for 2 people no xtra blanket or pillow and there was a blow dryer bag but no blow dryer. Thank god I always pack all my own stuff otherwise I would have had to constantly go down and complain the tv and coach and bed were great but like I said the bathroom wasn't clean. Also the breakfast was not kept up with there was nothing left when I went down at 8:00am and was told I would have to wait 15 to 20 mins which I could not do so I left for my travel on an empty stomach. Oh and the ac and heating unit sucked . Room 419

The room was nice the location it was perfect for where I wanted to be. I loved the Tv the coach and bed comfortable .

Low price but still too much for a poor experience

Almost everything

From the front to the room the place is worn out. The furniture in the room is totally worn out. Carpet wet and moldy. Rooms are poorly insulated.

Great staff. Nice and clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the price paid the room could be bigger. Gym is kind of cramp. Lighting was pretty dim at night. You have to turn on all of the lights around the room just to light the room up.

The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Check in and check out was very fast. Awesome that you can use cash as well. Air quality was great and wifi actually did work well.

Overall the accomodations were adequate and met our needs.

Did not like the carpet was not clean in the hallways and the room was not as updated as shown on the website. The eating area needs to be expanded and another waffle maker is needed.

The breakfast was adequate, the beds were comfortable and the location was fantastic. Easy access to and from the property with many shopping areas as well as restaurants to visit.

The location to absolutely everything was great.

The cleaning staff overlooked dirty towels that had been left hanging on the back of the bathroom door. A used K cup was left in the coffee maker, so we requested a different room. That room was better. The hotel is in need of a face lift. Doors and cabinets are dinged up.

The location to absolutely everything was great. The breakfast offerings were very good. We liked the waffle maker and eggs.

The bed was comfy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the side doors were unlocked late at night. You could get in without using the key card. I could also smell marijuana in the hallway every night. Other than that it was a great experience.

The bed was comfy.

Convent and comfortable.

No remote. Then we got one taped together, never replaced as promised. We reported, we could not get the radio to work, no response. The floor did not appear to be vacuumed as there were items left from the previous client. The breakfast was not set up right as people could not fix their waffles. Personnel scrambled to remedy the situation. No clean glasses or toilet supplied for the second day. Also,our reservation was lost. A six hour drive and we waited and waited for this to be remedied. One person at the desk answering phones and check in, not enough personnel. However, she seemed well trained and very friendly. The inn needs more personnel.

Bed was very comfortable.

The room was so nice and the breakfast was excellent!

They didn't have a pool, I wanted to go in a pool

The room was so nice and the breakfast was excellent! The beds were so comfortable. They have a computer area and fitness center also!

Despite a reservation mess up with Booking.com the Hotel made things right.

When we got to the hotel they did not have our room, they stated that they did not have a reservation for us. (This also happened to the people that were registering in front of us) Both of our reservations were made on booking.com

It was a pretty clean hotel. The staff was nice. Rooms were fairly nice. Although they did not have our room/reservation from booking.com they made things right and found us a room that would work for the amount of people we had and for the same rate

A dirty nasty place to stay in Delaware.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very outdated and handle knobs with missing with only screws . The carpet was very very filthy. The worst place/room I've ever stayed in. Computer problems at front desk coming and leaving.

Nothing at all, would never come back to this location.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

A good place to rest your head.

There wasn't very much parking available. The free breakfast did not have many options.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. There were plenty of places to eat very close to the hotel. The front desk staff was very courteous.

Reasonably priced hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The furnishings were tired and the carpet was badly stained.

the price was very reasonable for a nice room, with free breakfast and convenient location for all our needs. I enjoyed the Paul Mitchell toiletries.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Nice location but needs sprucing up
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I noticed the carpet on the 2nd floor was worn and spotted. Also lots of banged up railing and walls near the elevators. A hole was in the closet door. The closet was hard to open and close so did not use. A used wash cloth was still hanging on the shower, the tub appeared to be stopped up as the water took several minutes to drain.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

there was nothing, nothing, nothing I could say good about...

The room stunk of smokers or vapor smoke. It had got into the towels etc in the bathroom. I was not happy at all. It was so poor I expect a refund out of this one. things were dusty and dirty.... see photos.

there was nothing, nothing, nothing I could say good about this place ... could not wait to get out of there.. Smokers smell.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Size of the room

The heater for the room didn't work properly I didn't like the sink right by the door Internet was unreliable The shower head had to be fixed before we could use it. The tub stopper needed to be fixed. The interior of the building is tired.

Size of the room

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Breakfast late start, so I had to go elsewhere before start of my business day.

Breakfast was not served until 7AM. This is not acceptable. I had to be at a nearby business at 7AM, so I had to wake up extra early and go to a local diner. Someone was working on the breakfast setup at 6AM, so why couldn't breakfast be available at 6:30? This is silly. Every hotel serving business travelers has breakfast at 6:30AM.. it's pretty standard. Also, the wifi was iffy. I did manage to connect for a while, but it was inconsistent. There was an instruction sheet at the front desk about how to connect apple devices, but I found it a bit clunky.

It was comfortable, clean and affordable

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Everyone working there made you feel good about being there

The same food everyday and coffee was awful. The room was dusty and you knew that it was a quick clean of room because items, lint and dirt were found around bed area. The printer never work the whole 4 days.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

I love this place!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing is, I wish the non-sheer curtains would close for privacy. They were made so that they won't close. However, I was on the 2ND floor and the parking lot wasn't too close, so it wasn't too bad. There was no building behind, where people could see in, so it wasn't really a problem, but I'm just funny about things like that. Probably nobody would see in the room. I wonder if sheer curtains in hotels are a trend lately? Because my next hotel I went to, only had sheer curtains.

Excellent place!I loved it! Cozy, clean, comfortable, attractive, friendly, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Friendliness of the front desk clerk makes me willing to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room had odor of either too much deodorizer, or mustiness. Had to turn ac up high to help alleviate the odor. I did not mention it to front desk staff, so I'm hoping someone will actually read this review. Thank you

Friendliness of the front desk clerk makes me willing to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Will never stay here again

Large Stains on the carpet. Broken drain in the shower and no hot water. Found a bed bug crawling on the bed. Fridge didn't get cold.

The stuff were very friendly. The breakfest was good.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Friendly staff, good location but room design and cleanliness disappointing

Could not find my reservation even though I had confirmation # from Booking. Com; did not honor request for ground floor room ; carpet both in room and in corridors soiled; bathroom tiny; no room; sink outside of BR is horrible-hate it and would never return and never book a room with this design; sink and faucet oddly shaped which allowed very little space to fit hands under faucet; spigots hard to use and did not identify hot & cold-safety concern; never given any info re WiFi or TV; TV had very poor reception/quality and was small, recessed into wall, hard to view

Location easy access to many attractions & shopping; size of room except bathroom and sink, was good

Breakfast was good

Breakfast was good

Staff were extremely courteous and genuinely friendly.

Shower was slightly clogged, but we forgot to report it!

Staff were extremely courteous and genuinely friendly. Bed covers were white and clean.

Hotel staff was exceptional and friendly.

Great hotel people were excellent.

Hotel staff was exceptional and friendly. You feel welcomed