Reviews of Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal 4 stars

3333 Northeast 32nd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, USA

#26 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel
    • King Suite with Ocean View

Although the valets were very nice, since we were coming and going it was an inconvenience to have to go through the valet to get the car every time. We parked in the lot across the street which was very convenient.

The view from the room, the balcony, the location,the hotel and the room were very clean and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was also quiet, nice breakfast, and comfy beds.

Very comfortable, pleasant & we would return.
    • King Suite with Ocean View

There was no concierge & the staff had minimal knowledge on how to direct the guest. I.e. We wanted to rent a car and asked if there was a rental car place or a way to get one near us and the response was that we would have to go to the airport and spend $45 on a a taxi or Uber. So, we decided to Google and there was a car facilities open within 10 minutes of us… Also, There is only one restaurant on the premises and it was extremely expensive. We ordered dessert one night, had two pieces of cake and three scoops of ice cream & it was $48!! The menu only provided prices for the ice cream, so we had no idea that the cake would be that costlyThat was ridiculous! We will not eat there again👎🏽

The rooms were spacious & comfortable. The location was convienient. The views on the water/canal was gorgeous.

A well located hotel which is efficiently operated with excellent inclusive breakfast.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

being a residency rather than a hotel the property lacked a helpful concierge.

Excellently located and with good views in all rooms the rooms were well laid out with very good facilities for self catering. daily inclusive breakfast was of very good quality and plentiful

It was overall nice, sheets scratchy, however would stay again now I know the area
    • King Suite with Ocean View

The staff could have told us some features close to us like the water taxi, staff at front desk were friendly when asked, but not proactive. Valet staff very nice

The deck, the rest and on the water, pillows good

Over priced.
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Room was tired/shabby. Smell from sink (although they did offer to send someone) at almost £200 per night we want a change of room not workmen.

The view. The bedding was crisp and the bed comfy.

Place was under construction.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Place was under construction. The restaurant and gym were shut down. I wasn't told this before I booked it. If i had known this in advance we wouldn't have stayed there. Payed way too much for what we got.Booking.com in failed us in this situation

A great place to stay to explore the area or to rest before or after a cruise!
    • King Studio with Ocean View

I didn't see the outside pool because of the building works but my children advised me it was a bit dirty because of it. If the pool is important to your stay I would check with the hotel first. If it's not then this is not a factor, we loved staying here!

Breakfast was a help yourself with a wide choice of food available, The facilities in the room were outstanding. Unfortunately some works were going on at the hotel which left the access to the pool and outside river awkward which was frustrating as those pictures had sold the place to me in the first place as a location. We had staying 2 weeks in the USA before we took a cruise from Fort Lauderdale. The cruise ship Allure does not have self washing facilities, so I was able to make sure we had fresh clothes before we boarded. The place is very close to a lovely little wine bar, with live music and super staff. It's also close to a sports bar with more TV screen than I have ever seen before in one place. Friendly and helpful staff made our short stay a perfect one. Thank you!

Apartment was big, nice modern furniture, kitchen.

Small pool area.

Apartment was big, nice modern furniture, kitchen. Very good breakfast. Staff was helpfull and smiling. Nice view to the river. Excellent stay for vacation.

Excellent Hotel and Amazing Staff

Nothing bad to report

Everything at this hotel was exceptional. The entire staff went above and beyond to be courteous and helpful. The intercoastal view from the hotel was amazing. It was my birthday and the front desk supervisors bought me a birthday cake and put it in my room with a card. Will be back to see my sister soon and staying here.

Beautiful but no happy with customer service
    • King Suite with Ocean View

I traveled with my dog. So, I had a huge problem with them cleaning daily. They were afraid to come in was the excuse. The first day I came I told them that the dog is in the cage. How do I make them aware? They told me to put the pet sign on the door and I did. But when I came back to my room. They had not cleaned up. I called and asked why and they said the lady came and there was a sign on the door that said do not disturb and I said no but it is one the says a 4legged is inside. So, they end up sending the lobby lady in to clean because house keeping was gone. She was not happy about it and it showed when she used toilet water to mop our floor. We told the manager and asst manager. The asst was shocked and the manager was not in but will call us the next day. She did not. I had to locate her. Then, she came to the room to talk and inform us that the ladies are scared to come in because of the dog and I stated again that the dog is in the cage like I told the front desk. She asked us how long we were saying and said she will take care of it. So, I assumed that we were getting reimbursed for a day or so but no. She gave us a meal from the restaurant. I was not pleased with that. It was like it was nothing for someone to mop your kitchen floor and restroom with toilet water. Also, we continued to have the problem with house keeping not cleaning the room daily until the last two days.

Everything was great!

Loved our suite and views amazing!
    • King Suite with Ocean View

Front desk manager not sure her name she had blonde hair and accent was snippy with us when asked a question about keys not working. Everyone else super friendly!

Easy to acceess. Good parking possibilities.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Nice and relatively spacious rooms. Nice located to a canal with a nice pool and restaurant area (however the restaurant was under refurbishing at out stay).

Bitter Sweet
    • King Studio with Ocean View

The way the parking setup valet

It's beautiful and the suite was amazing . But The hotel breakfast did unfortunately make and a coworker sick the same morning and rest of the day.

Very comfortable and great views!
    • King Suite with Ocean View

They accommodated us when there was a screw up on reservations but the front desk manager got a little temperamental when another employee did something other than what she would.

All was good. They accommodated us when there was a screw up on reservations

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The Wife and I had a Great Time
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Everything was Great! We arrive early and Ashley at the front desk was wonderful. She showed us a couple of room options, because of our previous stay the year before. Our reservation was for a inter-coastal view. From our room a nice view of both the ocean and the inner coast. Knowing going in that valet parking was better for us $18.00 a day to avoid the hassle of running out to parking meters to avoid ticketing. All the staff there can't say enough on the great jobs their doing! " We'll be BACK"

Loved the hotels and staff
    • King Suite with Ocean View

We did not like that the parking, it was either $18 valet or street parking at $1.85/ 3 hours. Even though you can pay on the app you can imagine how annoying it is to have to set a timer every three hours your entire vocation. It's like that basically anywhere you go in Fort Lauderdale though.

The staff was great. Housekeeping was amazing. :)

Comfortable Stay
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Front Desk not friendly or helpful Kristol and Pat need some customer service training.

Rooms & Resort very clean great complementary breakfast restaurants staff and house keeping friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Hotel is definitely worth the price
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Liked everything nothing to dislike

Everything was great from staff to hotel cleanliness room was spacious and the balcony offered you plenty of room with beautiful views

Motel was nice, just not what I thought I was getting for the price.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

The location didn't have a beach front. It had a canal, where you couldn't swim. There was only one bar/eating place. Not much to offer on the menu. The motel was hard to find and paid for Ocean view and we were high enough up to see the ocean in a distance. I really wanted to be on the beach, thought the ad was pretty misleading.

The rooms were great and clean. The staff was really pleasant and helpful.

The 2nd room I was given was excellent.
    • King Suite with Waterway View

The parking situation was my least favorite. If you didn't valet, there was no adequate parking. Plus the room given to me was a handicap-accessible room, not exactly what I had requested.

The 2nd room I was given was excellent.

Poor Service level
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Service of front desk staff and restaurant staff needs improvement. They seemed not interested and bothered at times. We asked when our room was going to be ready for check in and if they would call us, however they were not able to call an international number, I guess we were not the first international guests they had. Also we forgot something in the room and ask the front desk staff if we could retrieve this, but they had not access to lost and found and the Hsk staff were unavailable, so no. Its unfortunate, as the hardware and location of the hotel is really nice, clean and well looked after.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The lobby was modern and fun and the staff was professional,...
    • King Studio with Ocean View

The lobby was modern and fun and the staff was professional, nice and very helpful. The hotel was full the night before so we had to wait for our room. Michelle comped us a free drink while we waited. Room, view, bed and service was top notch. Many restaurants within walking distance and there is a beach access through a beautiful park two block from the hotel. Can't wait to come back again.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Overall a very nice hotel, upscale level from the regular...
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Breakfast is very basic. The hotel is a more upscaled residence inn, but breakfast isn't matching that status. Using real silverware instead of plastic is one thing that could help. Opening times of restaurant we're confusing, lunch only Friday through Sunday, better to communicate this. Parking info could also be more clear.

Overall a very nice hotel, upscale level from the regular residence inns. Dinner was excellent, service overall great and friendly. Rooms spacy and all emenities available. Location close to water taxi is great.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Modern, stylish and spacious room with beautiful view and big balconies.
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Valet parking expensive: 30 USD per night Breakfast area need to be modernized with new furniture and the plates and cutlery should not be in plastic.

Excellent location right at the Intrastate canal with view to manatees in the water and big boats Great pool area next to the canal Great rooms with good and spacy balconies. Very modern interior. Close vicinity to great beach.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Best beds ever!
    • King Studio

Nice studio with everything included. Great view. Breakfast include. Free overnight street parking and 50 cents an hour daytime so no need for valet parking.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Was definitely disappointed this time
    • King Studio with Ocean View

The staff that should've helped us with our bags were a room had an attitude never came to pick up our bags we had to push her own bags to her room leaving they didn't come we had to go get A cart in and do it ourselves again and they're attitude changed with us the moment I said I was not parking the car with them

Horrible and full of stereotypes.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

The staff treated me like a criminal because my card declined. Then security was the most arrogant individual I ever came across called police on me which led me to go to jail for a whole night of New Year's. Worst place ever.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Don't bother!!!!!!!

Booked 2 beds came and there was one plus a sofa i called to complain they said they would make up the sofa at an extra charge serious???? Horrible Breakfast.The coldest welcome by lady at reception I can keep going but cannot be bothered in wasting my time typing!!!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A lovely place to stay.
    • King Studio

Nothing. Perhaps the plastic knives and girls at breakfast. Not something that I would expect.

The room was very spacious and well equipped. Very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Disappointed at all
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Completely disappointed....it started already at the checkin time. The receptionist was not able of finding our booking and although I showed her the confirmation she persists that there was no booking made for us. My opinion she even doesn't know their booking system. But after 15 mins she found it. Lately we made the checkin we realized that the 3rd bed for my son wasn't ready. We inform the front desk and they told us someone will come and make it ready. At 6 pm after we came from walking it wasn't ready we reported again and the answer was that the housekeeping has already left and we should do everything by our own. 4 Star Service!!! The breakfast was complementary but pretty poor. It is the first time that I see a for stars hotel with cutlery made of plastic. Not Marroit at all! NEVER AGAIN

Only the beer at the bar.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Won't stay here again!
    • King Suite with Waterway View

I am a senior & when I asked for help for reward points she said it was 3rd party & had to do it on my own. I paid 1,258.00 to stay here! The shampoo I provided in room said safe for color treated hair, it's not. When I showed my hair to front desk the girl put her hand on her hip & said I'll let them know. My touch up was $60.00 Since my last visit 2 yrs ago plastic plates are used instead of China. No more omelette station.After having my patio furniture placed in room for storm; no one ever came by to move it out!

Thisi is a beautiful property. Valet very courteous.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Amazing vue !! Would return for sure!
    • King Suite with Waterway View

The place was great! A little far from all the attraction ( las olas boulevard, beach).. The view from the intracostal room was amazing, especially at sundown. Would return for sure! Great outside spa, the breakfast was amazing! And great service from the hotel staff that made sure everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Best stay in FLL near beach

The $18.00 valet parking fee seemed excessive

Excellent property...very clean and super comfortable. Had ocean view one bedroom suite and the space was incredible. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Special thanks to Evelyn at the front desk who was very accommodating and welcoming. You get your money's worth with a very relaxing stay at this hotel. The free hot breakfast was great.

This hotel was perfect in every way.
    • King Suite with Waterway View

This hotel was perfect in every way. The location was great - stunning views of the intercoastal waterway and lots of shops and restaurants very close. The hotel itself was spotless and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We wished we could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

We could receive packages in advance and they were kept till...
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Breakfast is served till 9.30 am ( It is a vacation destination!) Sundays just till 10! We paid extra for 2 ocean view bedrooms ( The hotel is at least 6 blocks from the ocean )so the view is non existent unless they consider a parking lot an ocean view. A shame. The neighbourhood is lonely and quiet. No fun places around. We arrived at 9.50 am after a 12 hour flight and had paid an extra night to have our 2 rooms ready and a good breakfast eaten: we were considered a no show so they told us they had no rooms available. After a while the rooms were ready but the breakfast room has closed. So we needed to get somewhere to get breakfast. The bedrooms were not ready for 3 guests: so we had to ask for someone to prepare the third bed. We booked for two 3 guest bedrooms: they were so cramped we could barely move.

We could receive packages in advance and they were kept till we arrived) The bathroom was big and comfortable ( no windows though)

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

I had a oceanview room and it was pretty nice.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

I had a oceanview room and it was pretty nice. The location was good had a sports bar in walking distance so that was a plus. Overall it is a pretty nice place.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Breakfast was good.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

More amenities. Advertised as s room with an ocean view. I guess if you really looked hard you could see water but not the beach.

Breakfast was good. Staff was extremely helpful and nice. Room was clean and looked like it was recently renovated.

Very enjoyable
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Expensive meeting room rates per hour or day. Would not recommend until they actually drop the prices

Staff and place - Amazing

Comfort

Coffee

Comfort

The beautiful view of the canal and room
    • King Suite with Ocean View

The pool area didn’t look to inviting

The beautiful view of the canal and room

The room was beautiful

The room was beautiful

OMG. this place is amazing.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

OMG. this place is amazing. I highly recommend and will stay there again.

Everything!
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Everything! It's always a pleasure to stay hear when I want to have a staycation.

Employees were not happy

View

Stephanie and Michelle were very helpful in resolving an...
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Stephanie and Michelle were very helpful in resolving an issue I had.

Over all the rooms were very nice the hotel is very quiet and the kitchenette was beauti
    • King Studio with Ocean View

When the doors to the rooms close they are very loud because they are fire doors.

The bed was very comfortable. Not too soft or too hard.

Quiet location
    • King Studio

Price for room was excessive

Quiet location with some good restaurants close by

everything was perfect,great place to stay for holiday.
    • King Studio with Ocean View

everything was perfect,great place to stay for holiday.

Excellent staff, nice facilities

Gym under construction

Excellent staff, nice facilities

Beautiful views and beautiful room!

It was under reconstruction

The room was exceptional! The kitchenette was a plus! The views were amazing!

the room that I thought i was getting - ocean view was not...
    • King Suite with Ocean View

the room that I thought i was getting - ocean view was not available .

Stayed at the property for birth

N/a

The room waa more than big enough for 2 people amd the kitchen was an added benefit

Everything it's always a pleasure every time I stay here.
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Everything it's always a pleasure every time I stay here.

Getaway weekend
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Pool was a little warm and murky and had to walk out by front of building to get there

Spacious rooms and balconies

I liked the breakfast and the water view.
    • King Suite with Waterway View

I liked the breakfast and the water view.

Great place to plan a vacation

Everything was good comadation was great

Great hotel
    • King Suite with Waterway View

Wish it was free parking

Clean and not far from everything staff had good attitudes we really enjoyed it

Spectacular

N/a

Absolutely Everything was incredible. I enjoyed myself. I plan to go back.

A five-star experience loved it
    • King Suite with Waterway View

The hidden 250 dollar room security cost.

The Staff

Everything was perfect!

Everything was perfect!!!

The location was very nice. The view was amazing . The room was clean.
    • King Suite with Ocean View

Everything the staff was friendly and pleasant I can't say there was anything that I didn't like.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Wonderful!!!
    • King Studio with Ocean View

We had a wonderful time. The staff was very nice, we liked the room and loved the view. We wold come again many times!!!

Everything was Excellent , could not have been happier

Everything was Excellent , could not have been happier

nice place
    • King Suite with Waterway View

the fridge was making a lot of noise

the room and the terras were very large and clean

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

That i had to go home

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Satisfied in general.
    • King Suite with Ocean View

Location far from downtown and popular beaches and not good frequencies of buses.

Breakfast, nice suite and confortable bed,view from room.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Awesome weekend stay
    • King Studio

Very clean and upscale rooms, hotel decor. Great views and location for walkability.

Very relaxing place to get away.

Self Parking

The bed and the view was awesome

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

good choices for hot breakfast, helpful staff, close to...
    • King Studio with Ocean View

good choices for hot breakfast, helpful staff, close to beach.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• King Suite with Waterway View

Restaurants and no room service

Paradise

No sun at the pool area

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Everything was great

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

AWESOME hotel but needs a new restaurant
    • King Studio with Ocean View

the food in the restaurant was not very good but the staff was awesome

the staff and room was awesome

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

THE BEST PLACE EVER FOR A RELAXING FEW DAYS

NOTHING

EVERYTHING

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Comfortable but not ostentatious
    • King Studio with Ocean View

Valet and front desk staff were very courteous