Reviews of Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki 3 stars

205 Lewers Street, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA

#59 of 210 hotels in Honolulu

• Koa Suite

Wifi only connects to 5 devices which was problematic with many guests in the one apartment. Pillows could be better.

Great location in the heart of Waikiki. Close to the beach and public transport. ABC store below was really convenient. Pool area is great and has lovely views of the ocean. Comfortable beds.

• Palm Suite

I booked a room with a full kitchen and got a room with two mini fridges. I couldn’t fit multiple take out containers from dinner in there. Was not able to store food for our 4 day stay for a family. Parking was not included. Had to pay an extra $35 per day.

Location made it very convenient to go to beach and shopping. Room very clean and comfortable beds.

• Banyan Suite

Dated decor and hotel, but not a dealbreaker

Big rooms for a great price. Great location to the beach, shopping and food. Kitchenette with dishes,fridge and microwave. Rooftop pool.

• Ohia Suite

Because we booked accommodation for two single beds while the pull down bed was made up i had expected the sofa bed to have made up. It was quite a task for an elderly 70 + to pull out the bed and make up.

• Deluxe Palm Suite

The location was perfect. The room was such a great size for 4 of us especially with two bathrooms! The staff were helpful with any questions we had. Highly recommend and looking forward to returning one day soon!

• Ohia Suite

Considering the size o the hotel, I was expecting a nice restaurant and breakfast.

Amazing location. Easy access and near by everything in Waikiki Room with balcony

Using public beach, price in buffet is very expensive

Comfortable, clean, beautifully view from a huge balcony. Entertaining in lobby with local dancers.

• Palm Suite

Perfect location central to everything! Shops, beach, restaurants all within 10min walk

The staff were amazing! They have us an early check in when we arrived at 7am! Just what we needed after a long flight!

• Banyan Suite

Having to pay for early check in, which made our 1 night stay cost 2 days.

With two kids under two we needed two separate sleeping areas, thank goodness our hotel room came with a kitchenette, a sofa bed, a pull out double bed in the living area and a separate closed off bedroom. was very handy as the two kids disturb each other when its bed time, this way we could put the baby to sleep first and my son could watch tv

• Ohia Suite

Staff were very rude, made my friends and I feel unwelcomed. I bought a room and the front desk lady gave us a studio instead when it specifically says a room in the fine print. They looked disgusted to see us every time we went to the lobby to go and run errands to buy food and drinks. I decided my friends and I to extend our night to spend more time and this other lady at front desk during the time seemed very irritable and Didn’t bother explaining much, possibly a language barrier as well since I’m a native Hawaiian who speaks proper English. We did get another room but it was supposed to be the room from the first night we stayed. Waste of my time and money. Front desk guy named Richard was okay however he came off very passive-aggressive about the room prices and he was rushing us while we were trying to ask questions in regards to the misunderstanding of our room. He told us he’d give us a kamaaina discount then mentions that I paid more than the usual price with the discount... so you didn’t give me the discount??? Jesus. Not to mention rushing us to checkout before 11 when it was only 10:30. Disappointing. The only ones that came off welcoming were the housekeeping and maintenance. They always said hi and asked how we were doing, one of them took the time to stop and talk story with us which was very kind of her to do.

I enjoyed the room tempurature, very cool and relaxing. I also enjoyed the extras like the gym, jacuzzi, and sauna.

• Ohia Suite

Stayed on 4th floor on our 2nd visit to hotel (in same week) but view from room was very disappointing compared to our 1st visit (stayed in room located on 21st floor). Probably a good idea to check room outlook if it is important to you.

Super handy location to beach. 😀Had great view from room towards beach on 21st floor. Staff were really friendly & welcoming. Very impressed.

Place is bit outdated.

Definitely location. Although it was valet parking(cost us money), at the end of the day, it was nice they parked for us. I wish we get that at home! I read reviews and noticed they complained about pulldown bed. That is because they paid for the studio, not for one bedroom unit. We had a separate bedroom with a queen size bed, air-conditioning, and a lanai. We will consider this place again when we get back next year.

• Ohia Suite

The wifi wasn’t always reliable

The hotel is handy to the beach and great shops. Lots of great places to eat within walking distance. Room was nice and quiet. Helpful friendly staff

• Palm Suite

The only negative I can think of is parking your car at the Imperial is very expensive at $35 USD a day.

The staff at Imperial Hawaii Resort were very friendly & accommodating. They interact with the guests making you feel very welcome. The rooms we stayed in feels like home away from home, clean, spacious & comfortable. Imperial also provide everything you need to make your stay enjoyable. From kitchenware so you can cook, to hiring a cooler to take to the beach, a car rental if you need to go for a day trip like to the North Shore, 24 hour restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch & dinner, a convenience store that stocks up with everything you need & even a self laundry area for your laundry needs. The location is fantastic! Everything is walking distance or at your fingertips. The beach is around 100 meters from the Imperial, just across from the Imperial is the famous Waikiki Beach Walk with restaurants & boutique stores. Major malls & designer shops are also not far, plus the trolley bus & premium outlet shuttle bus stop is nearby.

• Ohia Suite

Ok, hard to find anything to complain about, but I took time before booking to checkout other reviews on the Heritage.... I did note that The Heritage does NOT supply Coffee , Tea, etc...but that’s fine because we came prepared. The ONLY thing I would say is the Americans don’t supply a Kettle or Jug. To boil water but that’s ok because we just used the microwave to make our Tea and Coffee... No Mini Bar... which to me is a good thing... other than that this place is GREAT 👌

Well, just about to checkout this morning and my wife and I could not be more happy with the service,location,standard of this resort. From our check in Sheryl looked after our every need and gave us some great tips while staying here in Hawaii for the first time. I would highly recommend this hotel for Price, Location, and general overall Service. Will definitely come back .

• Banyan Suite

The bathroom is small and they don’t come change out the towels or sheets but every 4 days!

The room was good for my four family members! The view was amazing. The staff were nice and it was an awesome time!

• Ohia Suite

Great view from balcony/lanai towards beach from 21st floor. Pull down bed which created extra room during day. Very helpful staff & service with a smile. Short &easy walk to beach.

• Banyan Suite

The hot water to our suite on the 25th floor was only just, but the pressure was great. Our only gripe.

The room was wonderful with plenty of views, a neat kitchenette, good bathroom, comfy bed and pillows. Loved the closeness to our venue, shops, beach etc. The welcome from the desk staff when we arrived and with help when needed to get to the airport, venue and directions in general.

• Ohia Suite

Parking is 35 dollars a night so just a heads up. My room was the same price as my friend’s but it was smaller. At check in I was informed my room was ready but the rooms available were bigger but they didn’t have a view. I wonder how much smaller that room could have been! We also didn’t have the utensils and wine opener as my friends did.

Location and price. The bed comes off a closet in the wall, so beware! Haha not beach front but right in Waikiki. The pool area and hot tub were great. The ABC store right at sight was handful.

• Deluxe Ohia Suite

If you have a car parking is very expensive at the hotel.

Hotel is one row back from the beach it a 5 min walk to the beach, plenty restaurants all around and convenients store just outside the entrance. Reception very helpful and friendly. We would most definitely stay there again.

• Banyan Suite

Water was very slow draining from the bathtub after showering. Valet parking was quick and easy but expensive at 35USD per day plus tips.

Great location and helpful staff. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance and very close to the beach.

Read above.

It room was lovely. I was lead to believe that it was right on the water and it was not. No breakfast. It was in an area where it was all sky scraper hotels. That was disappointing. The staff was great.

• Palm Suite

Rooms are a bit outdated which was the only negative

The staff are super friendly! We arrived at 6am and got to the hotel after 7am. We booked 2 Palm Suites and they gave us early check in for both rooms on the same floor! We were so grateful we were able to relax in our room after a 10hr uncomfortable flight! Location is spot on! Close to so many good eateries, a few mins walk to the beach where you can also watch the Friday night fireworks and surrounded by a few shopping strips within 10min walk. Highly recommend this place!

• Banyan Suite

The tv channel guide was very difficult to follow and the remotes don't allow you to even get info on what you are currently watching or when it started or finishes etc. Definitely need better cable tv friendly remotes. Not that we're there to watch tv, but after long days of Activities and Tours, sometimes you just want to watch a movie 😊🌺

We arrived at 7am after a 9 hour flight and the staff, whilst very busy, worked miracles to get us checked in straight away so we didn't have to wait until 4pm - we were so grateful for that!

• Ohia Suite

The staff was rude, the room was small and cramped, the only bed was the Murphy bed which was small and uncomfortable the blankets were horrible. I was disappointed because I had stayed here before and always had a good experience but this time was just horrible. Very disappointed and will not be going back next year.

We liked how close it was to the beach, it was also convent for shopping and dining

• Ohia Suite

Didn’t like the old pull down bed and only just a double bed. The water was cold twice and had to report it. I felt we paid too much for what we had.

Location and staff were very good.

• Banyan Suite

There was a queue for check in, so it took a little while. Wifi was also a little flaky.

Great location, the room was clean and comfortable and the staff were lovely. The hotel also has a good spa on the lower levels which we used.

Bath rooms could do with an update, a little tired in the decor but were clean and working fine :) Better television channels options would be great especially for children.

Great location and all the amenities you need. Perfect if you have children or a family as you can cook in the well equipped kitchen - there is also a large ABC store literally beside the hotel so you can pop down and grab food essential so easily as you need them. This place was recommended to us by friends and we will definitely be back again.

• Banyan Suite

Had a tiny balcony with no view but the price made up for it.

The location for the price could not be beat. It was just a very short walking distance to Waikiki Beach and was adjacent to the strip of new upscale shops open late into the evening. This suite was adequate for a multi night stay with a kitchenette, living room and comfortable environs.

• Koa Suite

Location of it is great. The beach is 1 min. Walk and so many restaurants and everything is walking distance. The staff was great friendly the whole time just overall a good place to stay.

• Koa Suite

I don't like that they weren't able to accommodate early check-in or late check-out. Getting a hotel for this price for less than 24 hours is a real let down.

The location was good. We purposely wanted a location where we could walk over to the beach park by Hale Koa. It was great to have 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen, even though we only booked for a 1-night staycation in town.

• Banyan Suite

The check in is way too late at 4PM in the afternoon. Our family flew from Sydney overnight and was overly tired but cannot we check in.

The location was great. It is right i the centre of the Waikiki

• Palm Suite

My lanai overlooked pipes and buildings! Staff couldn’t or wouldn’t move us. Staff lost my reservation! I’ve stayed there a dozen times but never again. We left after two nights- - moved up to the Sheraton!

Close to beach; Starbucks just down the street

See above

I wish I had been told I’d have to pay 35$ for parking! The room showed a bed ! Not a fold up bed, ocean view? Only if ur on the balcony & crank your neck to see it, plus the last occupants clipped their toenails on the balcony!! No! I didn’t clean it, I was to pissed !! I will NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone BTW have a coffee pot but no coffee!! All hotels have coffee provided especially at this price.

• Banyan Suite

Having to go the 3rd floor exchange our own towels (and the concern that we might get charged for missing towels) and had to get our own extra soap and shampoo even toilet paper. The bathtub would pop when you step on it probably because it's made of plastic... The wifi didn't work the first 2 days we were there. Said the manager wouldcome up to check it but never showed up. Afterwards it worked after asking for a different password like three times.

There was a ABC store right there! Good place to buy snacks and food for breakfast. Like 2 blocks from Waikiki beach.

• Palm Suite

The hotel had bed bugs! 3 people of the 8 were bit by the bed bugs. It was just gross, the manager RJ was extremely rude and mean to us, telling us he would need to confiscate all our belongings to make an insurance claim. He did not follow protocol at all and had horrible customer service. Michelle, Another manager, took over, and helped get things resolved, in the best way possible. She was very helpful, but it was still a horrible and long ordeal.

The location was great, however that's all, it was the worst experience in my life!

• Banyan Suite

The room was very dated. You couldn't have the fan on without having the lights on as well and there was no extra air conditioning. The bed was very small and the furniture was outdated. The shower was small and didn't have very good pressure or heat. When we booked we thought we would have a bath in our room but we didn't get one. On the first night the internet wasn't working and so we had to reset the modem. We also didn't know beforehand that they don't service the room so when we run out of soap etc it wasn't updated.

Large room and two TVs. Plus the pool area at the top of the building was cool.

• Banyan Suite

replacing bath towels - should occur every 2 days (not 4 days). We only stayed 3 days, but had to use the same towels, facewashers, etc for the 3 days

24 hr reception service, close to shops, restaurants, beach.

• Palm Suite

The WiFi was a bit iffy. But once the modem was reset it worked much better.

I enjoyed how knowelable the staff were and when we were booking tours and parasailing they were happy to answer any questions and find out the answers they didn't know. The staff always had a smile on their face and made me not want to leave.

• Ohia Suite

Management could not seem to control guests that tend to get noisy and rowdy especially during midnight. We brought 2 incidents of such nature. Despite such complaints, the guests below us continued to be noisy until 2am. It may not be the hotel’s fault; but the hotel should be able to managed its guests.

• Banyan Suite

price was really expensive and on top of only being there from 2am to 5:30am I had to pay a full days rate and parking which was ridiculous

the front lobby staff who was great

• Banyan Suite

Rooms are small, way too much furniture in a room that was supposed to fit 6 bodies. On cleaning days they didn’t do much cleaning yet they charge you for the service. The location is fantastic but we didn’t have much to do with the staff. It’s a fairly decent hotel but the rooms are tiny.

• Palm Suite

Pool closed for half the time but still charged $10/night for facilities, given our children could not use the Spa or exercise room, seemed a bit rough. Only serviced twice a week, but at least we could get fresh towels at laundry if required.

Great bed lay out, great for large families. Very roomy, great service.

• Koa Suite

if it ain't broken, there's nothing to fix.

my first time was Christmas 1973-4 everything then was excellent, nothing has changed everything was Fantastic. loved the convenience of Denneys 24/7 service.

• Banyan Suite

The shower was very soft underfoot, and very slow draining. The pool was under maintenance for four of our five days - would have been good to know this prior to arrival.

The location of this timeshare was fantastic. One block back from the beach, and right in the hub of the action for shoppers. On the edge of the Beachwalk Centre, minutes away from the Royal Hawaiian Centre and all of the main street shops. Eateries around the area were amazing. Staff all very helpful and happy.

• Palm Suite

The pool area was closed during our stay & on the website stated different dates for this to happen which wasn’t on the dates we booked

The location of the motel was great the staff were very friendly

• Ohia Suite

The beds could have been a little softer.

Very good location & easy to walk to so much in central Waikiki. The convenience store was next door....WINNING!

• Ohia Suite

Only there for one night after finishing our cruise. Very disappointing that we could not get into our room until after 3:30pm. The furnishings etc were a little tired but everything was clean and working. The hot water took ages to heat up and the pressure was non -existant.

The room was probably the cheapest room in an up market area. This being the case we got what we paid for. If you want to stay in this part of Waikiki amongst the fancy hotels but don't have the money then this hotel fits the bill.

• Banyan Suite

Parking was an additional $35, Pool was closed (didnt say that in the booking),check out agent disnt pass on the information to the bell hop/valet to have our car ready downstairs by 6am for our 830am flight! That didnt happen, so we almost missed our flight, because it took him an additional 30 min to find our keys and bring the van down. With 4 little ones, we try to stick to a schedule for a reason.

The check in agent Nahe was simply amazing. Very professional, helpful and very nice, room was fairly decent for $271 clean, needs a little update as far as keeping with the times.

• Banyan Suite

The Wi-Fi did not work and the woman at the front desk was rude. The rest of the staff was a delight and was very helpful.

The air conditioning was perfect due to the mugginess weather outside. The room was spacious and the pool was a great addition.

• Palm Suite

this was booked by me for our daughter and her family, we all had a great holiday with our family, was better suited with 2 teenage children so had plenty of bed space

• Ohia Suite

Difficult to figure out parking, needed to have "valet", when we prefer not to.

Our "little" deck with the ocean view. Walking distance to beach, shopping, & Diamondhead

• Banyan Suite

Room floors not too clean, still had lots of sands from previous.

Near major shopping area and easily walking distance to the beach. ABC store next to hotel entrance. Little cookwares and utensils available in the room including microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker.

• Banyan Suite

Housekeeping was only ONE time for a weeks stay!!! Internet didn't work and front desk personal didn't seem to care Concierge directed me to contact facility directly because his shift was ending in 10 min - wouldn't even take info to follow up in morning

they held our baggage after check out

• Banyan Suite

Couldn't connect to the Wifi, pillows were lumpy & our pre-booked taxi picked up someone else (Bell hop desk was a bit unorganised in the early morning)

Nice room, extra pull down bed was really useful for our toddler, great location, nice roof bar

• Banyan Suite

Apparently, the hotel is not fully booked and yet when we checked in, we were given a room where the balcony faced a wall and the building we faced was doing renovations on the outside with jackhammers going all day. We requested to be moved and were given a similar room but the balcony was lovely and faced the street. My question----- why were we not given that room in the first place????

The location is excellent. Staff are friendly and accommodating.

• Banyan Suite

I booked for a suite but what I got looked like a regular room

I liked the bell and valet part. I felt so cool just getting out of your car and they help with you things and park your car as well.

• Ohia Suite

Murphy bed had a sharp edge. Lanai door was very difficult to close. The room was very cold on check in and took many hours to warm up. Perhaps the AC could be turned off or turned down on the day of arrival.

Staff were very helpful, seemed to go out of their way to explain and expedite things. Friendly and cheerful.

• Palm Suite

We booked a 1 bedroom and for 5 people the space was a bit tight for sleeping with the Murphy bed and sofa bed rolled out but okay. Next time will book a 2 bedroom.

Staff very friendly, pleasant, always happy cater to your needs. The resort is close to the beach and free beach items like boggy boards are provided. Value for your dollar and we will return.

• Banyan Suite

They don’t have shuttle bus from the airport, but a cab charge $40. If you take the shuttle bus will charge $16 per person... from the airport to the hotel. No bad

The price for 4 nights was $992 a very great price for the area because you have a million stores, restaurants and the besch is about 600 to 500 meters from the hotel. It’s a beautiful area full of bunch of tourists from all over the world . The hotel staff are super friendly.. The room they little, but can fit 6 people, 4 in the Double bed and 2 in the sofa bed depends on the height of the person. But I didn’t care much about the hotel because we never there just to go sleep and take a shower. I love the Imperial Hotel and I will come back again without thinking twice.

• Banyan Suite

Our room was serviced every fourth day, it wasn't a problem for us but could be for some, you can change yours towels every day if you choose too.

Fantastic value, friendly staff and perfect location!

• Ohia Suite

The hotel staff was friendly and very efficient. The ABC Store right next to the lobby has hot food prepared as ordered with minimal wait involved, as many of the hotel guests bought meals there and it is a true bargain. The view of the ocean from the room was really nice. This was a true bargain in Waikiki. The Yard House Restaurant across the street has pizza at 50% off during happy hour and that is the best deal in Waikiki.

• Palm Suite

The first time we stayed at the Imperial we were on the 6th floor right next to the air-conditioning units which was very loud.

Loved the location. Booked a 1 bedroom unit which had a queen bed, pull down bed and sofa-bed which was perfect for the four of us. Stayed at the Imperial twice and on the second occasion we were on the 20th floor with ocean views. Loved. Loved. Loved it.

• Palm Suite

There were minor problems with the two jacuzzis: one out of service for half our stay and the other not hot enough. The sauna was adequate.

The Imperial Hawaii was not as luxurious as surrounding hotels but the price was substantially lower. We loved staying there because of the convenience of the location. It is clean well-run, well equipped, comfortable. There were 30 of us celebrating a family birthday. Family members with more money stayed at the luxury hotel rooms but were envious of our being in such a great location while having a suite with a full kitchen!

• Banyan Suite

The room was not what I expected when I booked it based on the photos. Very disappointed. The location was good but no value for money. A bit run down as well. I will not be staying again!!!!

The location was fine. But that was all!!!

• Palm Suite

We passed by reception quiet a bit and no one said aloha when we walked by, well besides check in. Not too sure maybe because we are local they didn't feel the need to say it. We wanted the full experience as we paid for it.

We had a bit of a view of the ocean. The room was clean and I loved that their was enough room for me, my, husband and 3 kids.

• Palm Suite

the room was way to small for 4 adults and 1 child, the beds were extremely uncomfortable, as was the sofa and chairs, and the pool had way to much chlorine, that everyone had sore eyes

staff where friendly and helpful, the location was great and close to most things

• Banyan Suite

Staff was great and very helpful in answering any questions we had. We had six in a suite and it was doable at night but was tight when all Beds we’re down/out for the night

• Palm Suite

We were located on the 6th floor and the room was next door to the air-conditioning fans which made it very noisy. A room on a higher floor would have been nicer.

The room was spacious. The beds were big & comfy. For a family of 4 it was great having two bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again!

• Banyan Suite

I didn’t like the extra bed. When i booked it specifically stated in the website that there will be 2 beds in the bedroom plus a sofa bed in the living room. It was not what we got. Aside from that, we didn’t like The parking fee!

We like that it’s just a walking distance from the beach and the valet people were so friendly.

• Koa Suite

It was very clean and the staff were really friendly. It's so hard to find quality for a bargain. I needed a place for me and students to study and stay together without being separated with something that wasn't going to break the bank. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. I was so worried that this place was going to be a dive but it was not.

• Banyan Suite

The room was a little weird. To open out all the beds took some serious work and then it was hard to get to the bathroom from the main bedroom. Also the lights to the bedroom were located outside of the room.

Staff was very helpful in our time of need. We were there for a funeral and needed to shorten our stay, everyone we talked to was very helpful.

• Palm Suite

Lanai is a bit small. Lifts were very slow to come at times.

Great location. Good to have 2 bathrooms. Lots of space in the room and storage. Parking was good in the way that you can just hand the car over to get valet park.

• Banyan Suite

The staff was terrible and the accuse me of things that was not right

I’m so upset on staff I will never stay there again and trip advisor will be getting a terrible review from me

• Banyan Suite

The wifi unfortunately was non existent in our room on the 7th floor the whole week. It was only accessible from lobby and 2nd floor seating area which was very inconvenient as our families only communication was via wifi and messenger

The location of this hotel was excellent with great access to beach, food, Hilton fireworks and shopping. Abc store is right downstairs so super easy to pop down whenever to get food, drinks or anything you needed. The staff were super friendly and efficient in helping. We surprisingly used the hot tubs, sauna and pool on 27 floor several nights. Room sleeps 6 for families. Did not use kitchen much, only microwave and coffee percolator due to abc store and restaurants close by

Browse Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki traveller photo gallery