Reviews of Sleep Inn Atlanta Airport College Park 2 stars

1911 Sullivan Road, Atlanta, GA 30337, USA

#164 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

Didn't get responses to emails before arrival, wanted clarity on how to get from shuttle to hotel.

Handy to airport, and the shuttle driver taking us to airport couldn't do enough for us!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle never showed up at the airport. We had a 20, 19 and 17-year-old left outside for 45minutes in Atlanta a strange city by themselves. And your staff kept saying they're on their way and they never showed. Poos safet. Then a cockroach made its way into my daughters bag while staying in your hotel.

The shuttle in the morning was on time

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely dirty. There was still food in the refrigerator from a previous guest, no towels, trash in the trash can, and sheets were dirty (didn't find that until the next morning). I was very surprised by the lack of upkeep to this hotel.

The staff was courteous.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very old, ran down and not well maintained. Elevator has a huge step up when getting in & tripped caring my 9month old. Room was scary and other guess were very loud and yelling all night to other guess staying near by. Staff didn’t monitor building to enforce any type of noise control. Next room to us had a wake up alarm going off for 1hr from 1-2am. Didn’t appear to be a guess in that room. We had a 6am flight promting us to leave by 4am. My 5 yr old saw that the lobby was getting set up for breakfast at 6am but wanted some juice only. We were told no, it wasn’t open yet. Would have rathered stayed at home and drove down from TN day of flight. We just needed a hotel for a few hours. I have placed frowny faces for almost all answers & this system rated my faces as 3.8-4.2 rating. I wouldn’t give this place a 1 rating.

Close to airport.

The hotel is a little older and isn’t 5 star, but for the value it’s great.

Location was perfect for an overnight stay. The shuttle was quick and easy. The hotel is conveniently located next door to Ruby Tuesday. The quality of the room was above average and great for the price. The bed was super comfortable. The staff is superb. We booked for the wrong day (time zone change) and they were more than willing to correct it for the day of, thankfully.

The TV only picked up one channel. No changing it with the remote or directly. WiFi did not work in room at all. Worked in lobby fine. Noisy.

Good location. Friendly staff

The tv didn’t work, the entrance had a dirty rag on the floor as I opened the door, the bed and bathroom were filled with hair, a/c smelt awful.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not care for their breakfast selection but there was a Ruby Tuesday that you can walk to.

The rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly and I enjoyed my time there.

Poor language skills of front desk personnel at night over phone. Breakfast was fair but ran out of some hot entrees.

Shuttle was on time. Bed OK. Close to airport.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast? Lack Luster. Front desk staff not the friendliest. Shuttle system needs improvement. Ice machine on floor did not work. Pop machine...water was $2 and pop was $1, would not take another dollar bill.

How close it was to the airport.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very small and bathroom shower door leaked water all over the floor. We thought we could leave our car there while we traveled but they made us pay $7/day.

Shuttle driver was great! Breakfast was good.

WiFi was very intermittent, room had a coffee maker but not a kettle, which was a minor inconvenience for making baby bottles

Very comfy bed, quick to get to from airport (with free shuttle), morning staff were very helpful especially as we were dealing with our baby.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is extremely dated; wasn't clean; lighting was terrible! Transportation to airport was terrible in a dirty van, where smells were covered up with Lysol spray. The van was extremely old, as it had a worn step up (I almost fell)

Location; close to airport; transportation to airport.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The guests they had were HORRIBLE!! Kids running up and down the halls banging on walls late at night.....LOUD rap music and sex noises coming out of rooms. Walls are PAPER thin!

Beds were nice. Everything in my room worked unlike other reviewers experiences.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are well cleaned, but this hotel is old and it shows. The hall on the second floor was smelly. There was a lot of hall noise throughout the night during our most recent stay. That was augmented by parking lot, laundry, and airplane noise. The breakfast has lots of options but all steam table or packaged. What do you expect at these prices?

The staff here are great. Betty who worked the breakfast was a pleasure to talk to. The woman at the counter when we stayed on our return a week later convinced us to return our rental car the night before and use the free shuttles for an early departure. That was really helpful. The staff here was generally great throughout two stays. The price was right.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was so small, and old, and not very clean. I had a difficult time sleeping because of what I feared I was sleeping on (or in).

The location to the airport was perfect and the staff were so very nice!

Limited parking

Everything was nice to customer service was on point the room was nice and clean nothing out of place I will recommend this place to someone

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

How advertisement on booking said free parking & shuttle to & from airport but no mention of you must pay parking for days not staying in hotel. Just needs to say free parking for night of stay so people are aware fees will start any day u are not staying. Carpets need to be cleaned & bedding had some stains,

Location, price, shuttle driver very friendly

Very small, outdated. Smelled odd in the rooms and we got nonsmoking. Super small bathroom and ugly room colors. It was a quick over night stay before catching a flight next morning. No bugs and it was clean but very worn out looking.

Only awesome thing about it is the airport was across the street. Which we only stayed for a night to catch a flight next morning.

The airport shuttle was not running anymore when I got off my flight , a naboring hotel shuttle lifted me n my husband to are scheduled destination , very grateful to that man , cuz it was very cold that night....

Breakfast awesome and the staff helpful and friendly ...

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It really wasn't anything I didn't like about it

I did not make it to breakfast but the bed was wonderful really soft & Iloved it and the pillows as well

The bed pillows are not comfortable at all and are square pillows with hardly any stuffing inside them. You only have 5 also. And the bottom of our shower was starting to peel off. The window had a small crack in it too.

The location in regards to the airport and airport rental car was excellent. The room was comfortable. Customer service was excellent as well.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel seemed pasted over. Walls we're painted but you could tell it was to cover things on the walls. Bed sham had dry white substance on it (not sure what that was bud did not appear clean. Hair in shower from previous guest. Eggs were powder and turned my stomach as well as my 12 year olds. Biscuits we're stiff and floury. Space under all the doors allowed to hear what was going on in other rooms. Picures we're crooked and only decorated on one wall. If you have a choice, go to one on the surrounding hotels.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel does not respond to emails sent before the stay via Booking.com. The procedure to get the shuttle at the airport is described nowhere.

An excellent quality-price ratio. An excellent place for people in transit at ATL. Very convenient and quick airport shuttle (you need to call).

I go to Atlanta every year for a big tournament and this was my first time at this hotel and it was great. The customer service was A+++! I want to give a great thank you to the Sleep Inn staff especially Ms.Judy and Mr.Marcus(driver and I both share the same first name) they were fantastic. This is now my new hotel for All my Atlanta trips.

At around 11 AM I was in the shower with the door latched. For about 10 minutes straight, I showered and listened to them do everything in their power to open my door despite the latch, and despite me telling them 20 minutes prior that I was preparing to check out. Never again.

The room smelled like essential oils which I’m sure it was from a prior person. It’s very hard to get rid of that smell.

They were very friendly and helpful and I was so happy that they had a shuttle service to the airport.

The quality ofcthe facility has wentvdown since my last stay 4 years ago. There there was mold on the ceiling. The closet doorcwas hanging. The shower knob was dirty. The sink handle had some dirty black gook build-up. The breakfast was displeasing as well. I was highly displeased with my stay.

The location was close to the venue where my class was located.

Had to change room 3 times bc various reasons including smell of room door random things in room broken including the toilet in one of the rooms

Toilet didn’t work

Located 7 minutes by car from the airport, the hotel has very helpful staff, clean rooms and is perfect for one night stay if you have a long layover.

I needed a information about shuttle service is available only a domestic terminal. So international flight guests have to take a free shuttle between international and domestic.

Shower is hot.

Nitpick 101 - green painted bathroom. Room lamps need softer lightbulbs. Earlier breakfast access.

The room was modern, clean & comfortable. Thought was put into the room's detailing. the entire staff was great. Food delivery options are available. Transport was prompt & courteous & great for airport access. I'd definitely return.

Airport Shuttle requires prior calling, which I didn’t know and couldn’t have done anyway. Minor annoyance: the takeaway coffee cups at the buffet are so terrible that I burned my hands and stained my shirt. But that’s really tiny

The bed was comfortable, the staff was very nice, especially the early morning shuttle driver and receptionist. The WiFi worked great and the shower cabin was nice and futuristic

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel cleaness wasn't up to par. The bathroom could use a bit of TLC when it's cleaned out.The bathroom door wouldn't completely close. The remote control was not set up to the Directv so I had to walk to the box every time I wanted to change the channel. The ice machine was broke on the 4th floor I had to go to another floor to get ice.

All the staff I came in contact with was nice and polite.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All the staff I came in contact with was nice and polite.

Lack of organization; poor breakfast; bedclothes did not look fresh and the smell was not good, like someone else had used it before. Bathroom reasonable. I have been in other hotels for the same price U$99.00 not counting taxes, and I was completely satisfied. There were a restaurant near by... at least with reasonable food but with the most terrible Margarita that I had in my life, but this is not the case. I will not come back!

They told me that I did not have reservation... I showed the paper but did not work. Fortunately they had bedroom available, if not... who knows.

You will always find something not to like which was the so called "gym" but exercise trail made up for that.

As I had already stayed here I knew what to expect...close to airport, exercise trail and a short hop to Ruby Tuesday. Also I had some noisy neighbors and Melissa moved me without fuss. Great staff! Friendliness wins over luxury every time.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room allotted for a gym needs upgrading and the so called equipment. Also the shower in the bathroom needs upgrading.

Walking trail directly behind the prooerty. Kim at front desk was pleasant and accommodating as their Shuttle service had finished but due to delays I arrived close to 1 Am. She arranged another Shuttle and offered late check out. Excellent!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled musty and old and the sir conditioner made a lot of noise. Didn't get much sleep. When I left I canceled my return stay and they told me I did not have s reservation and then charged me for it. Not a happy camper.

Staff was friendly

It was hard to find!! The sign was hidden so we had to turn around. The elevator had a step to get into, very unsafe for a person using a walker and hard to get the baggage cart onto it.

the friendliness of the staff, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The front desk clerk was very helpful, she even gave us directions to a shopping mall that was near by. We will definitely be returning back to this property anytime that we are in Atlanta!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception staff on arrival - she was not helpful in anyway, snappy and unwelcome. No airport shuttle bus at airport - waited over 40mins when a different hotel bus kindly offered us a lift - Reception told us we should have called the hotel.

Good large size room. Clean.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Upon arrival, both the receptionist and another member of staff were not welcoming at all. They watched me struggle with my bags in a rainstorm and refused to give assistance. I explained they never sent a shuttle despite knowing I was arriving, they didn't seem bothered. Luckily a kind man from another hotel gave me a ride. They refused to help me take my bags to the room, I used a trolley which couldn't get into the elevator. The room smelt and was in fact mouldy. This triggered my asthma so I had a terrible night's sleep.

Fortunately the next morning, there was a different lady on reception who was wonderful. She was friendly and helpful and was the only positive I got from staying at the Sleep Inn.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Lady at desk was a little full of herself. She told us there were no pain relievers in the vending machine because of liability but then literally around the corner from the desk was the vending machine with Advil....this is just one example.

easy airport shuttle

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was not what I was expecting. There was a lot of patch work all over the hotel which made it look extremely tacky. I went to Atlanta on vacation but the room wasn't relaxing at all so we spent the majority of our time exploring the city. We returned to the room for sleep only.

The staff was nice and hospitable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The receptionist could have been more compassionate and helpful with trying to handle the refund. After a while of going back and forth she became even more rude and mouthy.

I checked out a day early due to bed bugs was infested in the bed i was sleeping in.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that it wasn't up to date

The property was a bit outdated and needs to be updated. The first room they gave me, the window seal was broken which allowed air in the room. They switched me to another room and it was much smaller than the first. Breakfast could have been better and bigger cups than 1.5 oz for coffee. The hotel looks like a hotel from the 80's with 2000's decorations.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Due to a delay of my flight, I only arrived at the airport around 2 am. I called the hotel to ask for a shuttle service, but there was only a waiting loop and nobody picked up the phone. I even called their central reservation number, but the lady there only forwarded me to the hotel number again, where I ended up in the waiting loop again. After 1/2 hour I used a taxi, which cost me $28 for a 5 minutes ride. The room was OK, but quite aged.

Location close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner would keep cutting off because you could keep the curtain from blocking it with it closed. TV would only work on cinamax. Could not get any other channel to work

Room was clean great great location for airport travel

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not all room sizes are created equally. If you have a larger family, request the larger room on the floor.

Breakfast was great, clean rooms, convenience and great prices

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Would have loved it if breakfast would have opened a little earlier. Many flights leave out early in the morning and a hot breakfast would have been a good start.

The room was sufficient and I was exhausted from a long day so I wasn't very observant, just wanted to sleep. The bed was comfortable and there were enough pillows to choose what I wanted.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Bit noisy due to proximity to airport. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

Great location just minutes to the aiport. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The shower was not the best, but it was also not a big problem to me.

Bedroom is comfortable and good enough for a short stay near the airport. Simple yet nice breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Iron didn't work properly. Could have a better choice on breakfast as far as meat and have fresh pastery and fresh biscuits n gravy. Also

Beds are very cozy.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

our room was across from elevator and close to open stairway to lobby. Noisy. The door on the bathroom was broken and a maintenance person came to fix it just as we got into our room. After a day of travel,we were anxious to retire but needed to wait for him to finish. Maybe they could have given us a different room.

Convenience to airport. complementary breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Everything else. We were charged twice for the room. All the staff would say was it was not her fault and to wait 7-10 days and it is not returned call back.

That it was close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

*I sometimes heard the sound of planes (not a serious level though).

*The location is good (close to the airport). *Ruby Tuesday is just next to the hotel! *The room is clean and the bed is very cozy.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet at our door was wet for some reason and was a bit smelly when first entering the room

Staff were helpful and friendly and loved the breakfast each morning

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

All was good. Very nice rooms, very helpful staff.

The manager as very helpful when it came down to a problem getting back from rental care problem. People there very nice & helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The facility is an older property, parking is rather cramped.

The staff was very pleasant, I really liked Ron the shuttle driver very pleasant individual for conversation. Pop

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The kitchen attendant was not friendly.

Food (sausage biscuit) was good, food was fresh and hot. Sarah, the kitchen attendant, was not friendly at all. The rest of the staff was very friendly, professional and the housekeeping staff asked if we needed anything, very nice! Very close to many of the attractions...including Ruby Tuesday!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

No remote control for the TV in my room, had to call down to the front desk for one. Very inconvenient. No working Ice Machine on my floor, had to go to the 2nd floor for Ice! They didn't let you know what time Breakfast will be serving when I checked in and I missed Breakfast the first day! Not enough PARKING spaces! Very expensive for what I got!

Rooms was very clean and the bed was very comfortable! Shower was good! Overall a good stay!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is overpriced and very tired. Carpets were disgusting and room smelt poor. On check out we left a pair of kids trainers in the room, when we contacted the hotel to collect them they denied that they had been found. Staff are clearly dishonest. Choose a different hotel if you need to stay near Atlanta airport.

Nothing redeeming about this hotel

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Corridor carpets need to be replaced as looked a little stained in places.

Room was clean and beds were very comfortable. Wifi was reliable. Breakfast was good. The lady in reception when we arrived was excellent...she was great when I called to request the shuttle from the airport and directed us very clearly as to its location.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking definitely was a hit or miss. Breakfast was good but would like to see them refill the hot item more often.

Very friendly staff that accommodated our late check in. Beds were very comfortable.Breakfast was great for a quick bite before going out. Definitely was a great overall experience.

The bathroom wasn't clean including the shower. I had to clean it before I used it.

The staff was friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need to clean the rooms better and update a lot

Close to the airport

Bathroom floors wasn't clean

Bed was comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom floors were old looking

Beds were comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door was a pocket door and was off track. Wouldn’t open/close right.

Location was super. Right by airport

Very comfortable and convenient. Breakfast was great as well. We actually booked another night 😊

There was nothing I was displeased with. Comfortable and

Courtney of staff and shuttle availability/convenience. There

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door did not work properly and was very noisy. Not enough seating in the breakfast area.

Location was close to the airport

Location was perfect!

Breakfast was awful.

Proximity to airport, free shuttle service, friendly reception staff