Reviews of Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davenport 1 stars

2425 Frontage Road, Davenport, FL 33837, USA

#13 of 34 hotels in Davenport

Happy with the service
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only concern that I have is my room has roaches but I told.to housekeeping the next day and they worked because I didn't see it anymore.

They have a good service and the breakfast is really good.

It was good location staff very friendly for the money it’s...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got there and the pool was out of order and the baseball kids were annoying running everywhere and the whole 4 days we were there they kelp the laundry room the whole time thought they owned it need to have more respect for others

It was good location staff very friendly for the money it’s not bad at all was expecting it to be bad by all the reviews but have booked a lot worse for lots more money ... over all it wasn’t that bad

It was clean and close to a lot of restaurants.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had a kind of musty smell, housekeepers barely came to clean and give towels. Some guest were outside smoking marijuana.

Bed was soft, and room was clean

Not bad, good for a night
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I know I wasn’t staying at a 5 star resort, but I did expect the bedding to be clean. When we got in after a night of watching fireworks, we laid down on the bed and smelled a strong smell of urine. It was late and we wanted to sleep so we just pulled them off and slept. I did inform the front desk staff in the morning at check out and they did apologize. The A/C and door locks are also in great need of updates. The A/C kept us cool, but rattled very loudly throughout the night. The electronic lock didn’t seem to work correctly and door got stuck very easily.

This hotel was very convenient to the highway and a short drive to the various theme parks. The room was clean and bathroom stocked. The staff was also very friendly.

Disappointed.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small Beds, electricity was low voltage unable to charge phones, and dropping constantly. Bathroom are small, made for a day-care, no elevator for wheelchair accessible.

Location,near Disney world and other parks

Booked the property for 2 nights and the staff tried to kick...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked the property for 2 nights and the staff tried to kick me out a day early. They blamed Booking.com for their incorrect reservation dates. The property charged my credit card for an extra day without my consent and does not want to cooperate in returning my funds. They told me that me and my children had to wait to eat breakfast because a baseball team had a game. I thought it was first come first serve. Never stay here!

So so
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They were so worried about my kids making noise but had a baseball team there that kept us all up till 2 am they were rude and aloud pushed kids out of pool and scared them by coming out of their room in all black and beating on the pool fence with a bat. The lady in the morning was the sweetest and Lisa head house keeper was amazing not sure if I would go back here or not after the baseball team but great location 30 minutes from legoland o and our bathtub floor was broken

When I got there, the lady of front desk gave me a room...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Little roaches in the room, room was dusty, We was 4 people in the room and only had 2 towels, when I ask for towels next day, the room service supervisor said was going to bring them and never did, when I called to front desk to ask for the lady of front desk interrupt me and said that they gave me towels already and did not want to give me nothing, then I ask for towels for the pool and then she gave me 3, then I explain her well and then she bring me the towels, but they make me feel like a garbage

When I got there, the lady of front desk gave me a room close to the pool and close to the parking because my mom is disable

Close to I4
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air con was very noisy and old Bed clothes felt damp People shouting and singing throughout the night and police arrived at one point

Close to I4 Very pleasant staff Large car park Pool very clean and empty

Horrible.

The room was very outdated and smelled bad. Walking up to the room, there were kids smoking weed at the pool area. This is not a family friendly place. Very shady here. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Staff very friendly

Room smelled like mold probably from air conditioner that was not functioning too well there was no high or low fan speed just nearly low on all settings . Very old looking sheets blanket etc . This hotel could stand a visit from “Hotel Impossible “ to redo rooms .

Staff very friendly

It honestly wasnt terrible for the price we paid. Just wish the hot tub was working!

The spa was out of order. And the landscaping was pretty terrible. But otherwise a good visit. Would have liked some breakfast sandwiches for the continental breakfast, rather than the cheap frozen omelettes.

Bed was nice, room was clean, waffles were good.

The pillows were nice.
    • Quadruple Room

We were given a smoking room and we don't smoke at all.The breakfast could have had a little more choices. The room smelled of mildew as soon as we walked in. I had to continuously spray perfume in the room while we were there to get rid of the smell. We could hear the water in the ac unit while we stood outside. It never drained from the outside,but the neighboring rooms did. The beds were very small and very hard.there was a lot of hair in the shower before we used it.

The pillows were nice. They put us right next to

Horrible with the staff
    • Quadruple Room

The lady at the counter was rude (gennie)..we got lock out the room had to change rooms and had to call off work for that day and didn't get any discounts.

That you are pet friendly

Nice
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had a room with a connecting door and neighbor blared his TV all night for two nights straight. Barely got any sleep and staff took my call and tried calling but nothing else was done.

Location and cost

Cozy.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Outside could have been a little cleaner but I believe it was more so trashy customers as opposed to the staff. Walked passed a room that had cigarette butts in the mulch.

Cozy. Kids loved it.

Not a 5 Star hotel but gives you what you need.
    • Quadruple Room

My husband did not like the hot tub at the hotel, but in all honesty, we did not utilize those amenities so I cannot comment completely on how well they are are or are not. We did see patrons at the pool and they seemed to enjoy it.

We were attending a wedding in the Orlando area but the bride (a friend) lives in Davenport so we chose to stay near her in case she needed us to help with last minute wedding stuff. The hotel was easy to find and very close to I-4. The pillows and beds were very comfortable. It has flat screen TVs with Dish Network TV stations. Parking is plentiful. Multiple stair cases to get to the second floor of the hotel so you are able to park near your room if it is on the second floor. The breakfast exceeded my expectations. My daughter ate a huge waffle both mornings we were there and my husband enjoyed hot oatmeal with plenty of toppings. I ate yogurt and raisin bran. Hot coffee was plentiful. Juices provided were Apple and Orange. Milk was kept in containers in the small refrigerator for cereal and coffee. Staff was attentive and accommodating. Our second night at the hotel, we had to be moved to a different room because the TV was not working. Staff made it a quick and simple move for us. We were allowed to view the room and verified the TV worked prior to moving to the new room. Staff really does go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable there. Restaurants were within walking distance (Bob Evans; Chik-Fil-A; and a Chinese Buffet). Wawa is also within walking distance (it's between Bob Evans and Chik-Fil-A). Publix (grocery store) is about a 5 minute drive south on US 27. There are several places to eat and shop at along US 27 within a 10 minute driving radius of the hotel. I-4 is right across the street. This highway will take you to Disney World, Orlando and Tampa. The hotel is great that you are not in the constant traffic near Disney World or Orlando but you're still close enough to those areas to utilize them during your stay. The rate we obtained through Booking.com was great, but keep in mind, this is not a Four Season's hotel.

Great location for the purpose of my trip
    • Quadruple Room

I made the reservation with two months in advance for a double bed non smoking room , at the moment of my arrival I needed a first floor due to a knee injury of one of my family members , the person at front desk told me that they didn’t have anything available on the first floor and at that moment I said , well it is ok I’ll manage to get to second floor . Half an hour later one of my friends ( we had 6 rooms reserved on my party) got a first floor double bed room , and I finished with a hard to reach smoking smelly room , I complained about it and all I got was “ there is nothing I can do about it “ ..... very disappointed

Great location for the purpose of my trip

You get what you pay for, I guess.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The AC was making some seriously loud noise. The rooms were old and needed updating. And the hot tub near the poor was moldy w a turkey bone in it.

The thing I like about the property was the cost.

ok stay
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bed was clean and comfy, they registered a work crew all over the place instead of putting them together so they were visiting each other outside their rooms and my room was between them, so a lot of traffic but they stuck to themselves. whirlpool was dirty and not working, pool was cold.

Stay away, go to Ramada next door!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Apart from the two persons mentioned nothing at all!! I did not get a quiet room on the upper floor as requested by written mail. It already started there... The room I got smelled terribly!! I could hardly breath. The A/C sounded like a truck. I would have walked out but it was already late and I had unfortunately paid in cash. The hotel seems to accommodate a lot of workers which loitered before the crowded rooms and made a lot of noise. Pool hours until 10 pm and pool filled with screaming kids. When I checked out, the receptionist kept talking on the phone and just handed me my receipt.

Derek who checked me in was polite and efficient. The lady who was in charge of the breakfast was a sweetheart.

A good value for a one night stay

Room was not ready by 3:45 (it was supposed to ready by 4 p.m.). There was no open bathroom in the lobby area.

Location was close to my meeting and there were places to have dinner and breakfast within walking distance. The continental breakfast was decent. Also, close to the highways.

Adequate at best.

The first night was awful, we had already unpacked and were exhausted from driving all day. The bed was in horrible shape. We both just rolled to the middle, the next morning we were quick to change rooms. Better, but not great.

Not a vacation type of stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had hair in different places from a previous stay. The beds were hard and the room felt dirty. We had our kids with us and they wouldn’t lift the sheets. If you’re really tired and need to sleep for a few hours this is good enough for the cost.

Staff was great! The hotel was good enough to rest for a short stay although uncomfortable.

Nice Location
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nice room..huge bath..breakfast was crowed , the hotel had all the needed stuff to enjoy a waffle,toast or fruit for your cereal was available in large supply.EVERYTHING WAS FREE n fresh.Staff was very polite n helpful with info about area!

We wouldn’t stay here again due to smoke and noise.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Asked for non-smoking room, someone in neighboring room smoking and sept into our room, also noisy from 12p-4am. Couldn’t sleep. Tried calling desk but phone on bedside table had broken cord, cord wasn’t even connected to phone base. Rooms not quiet. We were on first floor. Would recommend second floor if you want to stay here.

We needed a place to stay for one night and they had availability.

Better than expeted.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

Towel were ruff and need downey to make normal.

Large breakfast comparable to comfort hotel. TV, frig, microwave hair dryer, iron in room. Staff was helpful.

Disappointing with overall visit!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was disappointing, table too large for room, wall covers missing on outlets, air conditioner sounded like aircraft ready for takeoff, hair dryer broken, one bed so soft you rolled to middle every time you moved, key card didn’t work, had to pull dresser away from wall to plug in coffee maker - I would be embarrassed to let anyone know I was affiliated with Wyndham properties!!

Convenience of location

I wouldn’t go back.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Blankets were dirty, bathtub was dirty, the lady at the front desk was very rude when we told her that we didn’t get wash clothes. She did manage to get us some.

Bed was comfortable

Comfortable room, many items for breakfast, convenient to highway.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room could have used some maintenance. For the price it was an OK room.

The front desk receptionist was friendly and welcoming. The room was comfortable and clean.

came to see my family it had been two years and I'm glad I got to see them
    • Quadruple Room

I had called here twice and they said they where booked but online it showed they had rooms available so I had to reserve a room online and then go in and pay cash

The breakfast wasn't all that bad and the beds felt good

We went for low cost, got low standards.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

Noticed peeling paint in the room, it smelled musty, observed a couple bugs come in through the corner of the wall. Toilet seemed to be leaking some water onto the floor. We could only locate a couple outlets, shared with the lamps, not enough for all 4 of us to charge up our phones, iPads, etc while we slept. Breakfast was terrible. It would have been better if it hadn't even been offered, so we would not have planned to eat there. Oranges looked moldy, yogurt had expiration dates 4-5 days prior. My daughter tried a bagel and said it did not taste good. I suspect everything was old.

The cost was low. Location was right off the highway, which we wanted. Front desk staff were pleasant. We didn't use the pool/hot tub but they actually looked decent.

Great stay!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet in the room is too bad.. i used it once in the lobby and it was working fine..

It was 3 mins to the location where I was visiting.. nice clean rooms.. worth staying for the price offered..

Would never stay there again.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Desk clerk was less than pleasant when we arrived early....."4, 4 in check in....come back then." No hello, no your room is not available yet. Room smelled terrible. We went out and bought Lysol which marginally helped. Had an asthma attack from the mold and smell about 2am. Had to be damp carpet or drapes.

The location was convenient. The sheets were clean. The bathroom was clean.

A great hotel that knows how to make guests feel welcome!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing was one chair at poolside was broken and should be replaced but that was just a minor detail.

It was a very clean facility. Breakfast was a vast selection that should make even grumpy visitors happy. Lennie was a very friendly and outgoing staff member. My husband and I enjoyed sitting poolside which was also very clean.

Very good for work.
    • Quadruple Room

I would say it wasn't anything i didnt like about the property.

I thank the property is very nice,it is very conveniently located,right off of I-4 where i do a lot of my shopping.

The refrigerator didn't work properly.

The refrigerator didn't work properly. The TV is very low quality and the picture was fuzzy. The king size mattress has a huge sunken spot and needs to be replaced.

Horrible would never stay here ever!!
    • Quadruple Room

I didnt like anything, reserved my room online , when i got to my room was not able to check in was waiting for a room with my 3 children waiting in the car for hours worse hotel experience ever!!! Staff didnt help told me i had to pay cash or no room !!!

Scary

This hotel was awful. German roaches in the first sticky room at the dark back of the hotel. 2nd room was musty with stains on the bedspreads and floor. They tried to give us a third room but while walking to it got creeped out by the other guests and just gave up.

Location was good. Staff tried really hard to make us happy

Location,,, it was good for what we went for our Christmas...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was good special the house keeping and the breakfast lady (excuse me I forgot her name ) But she is the nicer and sweet person thank you

Location,,, it was good for what we went for our Christmas vacation

had a great start overall. kitchen lady was a little overbearing and gruff but not rude at least
    • Quadruple Room

Waffle makers.. need more. Can't offer something that yummy that takes 3 minutes to make with only 1 machine lol or at least pre make a few

Breakfast was great room was great price was excellent

it was o.k.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the floors were so dirty- it left my feet black. They never mopped the floor in the rooms And I stayed there a whole week for my vacation.

easy access to the roads.

Good for the price

The bathrooms need a little work but nothing major. Also, the breakfast end at 9:30am which is early compared to other hotels that end at 10am or 11am depending on the day of the week.

Good for the price, the free breakfast was good and the staff was nice.

Overall it was a good stay however i just feel there could be room for improvement.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast couldve been better with a more variety. The cleaning services did not clean our room and the wi fi was extremely slow.

The beds were comfy

Staff was very friendly.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wasn’t up to date, new and fresh. But if was clean and safe and great value.

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and free of smoke smell. Great value.

It was a fair stay , but disappointing

I didn’t like finding a roach inside the microwave that was very disturbing.

I liked the location and staffs. I wasn’t happy with my room , because I asked for a king size bed on my reservation and I got a double bed and I was told that because I had a pet that was the reason of the double bed and that didn’t make any sense to me and that wasn’t stated on the pet policy or hotel policy either .

My stay was impressive and memorable.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

If i take my bath in the night,i won't have to wait till the next day for the housekeepers to come and clean the water that splashed on the floor. There is need to keep small floor mops in the rooms. The pool seems to be abandoned. There's no activity to make the environment lively.

Nice and clean environment,good breakfast,prompt helpful and friendly staff.I complained about the telephone and the shower, i was delighted how swiftly the issues were attended to.

It was great we enjoyed it just needed a place to rest for the night and it was a great choice
    • Quadruple Room

Nothing was wrong there it was nice and clean

My boyfriend loved the pillows he said they were super comfortable and the bed was soft. He’s a truck driver so he knocked out ASAP he slept like a baby.

nothing.
    • Quadruple Room

did not like the price or my bathroom toliet overflowing and no help from staff not offered another room no where to go to the bathroom during the night due to this event. the attitude of the staff was horrible. i was treated like I was not worth the dirt on there shoe. it needs an elevator also.

nothing.

Easy access!

The noise of people talking late at night in front of the rooms on the first floor. The breakfast is not bad, but they should have fresh fruits like bananas, have pancakes because there were waffles. Additional to the orange juice and apple that have another variety of sodas or water.

Easy access to the road, restaurants, shops. Easy parking. Great staff. The employees are very kind.

I would go back there again.
    • Quadruple Room

I cant remember anything that I didn't like.

nice place to stay. Good breakfast, coffee on all day. friendly staff, good clean rooms. I would stay there again with no hesitation. I did not encounter any problems with room or staff. A lot of the front desk people around Orlando and Kissimmee are bad but this place was OK.

Worst hotel experience ever
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

The rudest older woman running the front I have ever encountered at a hotel and trust me we stay at hotels monthly as my husband is a truck driver. She was even rude to other children during breakfast. I will never stay there again. And our room lost power (only one) still had AC and bathroom light but couldn't watch tv or use the microwave and fridge not even charge our electronics.

Up close and personal

3 of the electrical outlets in the room were non-functioning. Even though we requested a ground floor room, we were initially assigned a 2nd floor room, until I made it clear that my 86 year old mother-in-law was not able to climb a flight of stairs for 3 days. My mistake was assuming that they would realize that a handicap accessable room was needed. Cramped bathrooms.

We were assigned adjoining rooms.

2 days @ Days Inn

The free breakfast , besides the make your own waffles wasn't very good. During our stay there was a baseball team staying there as well and they were in the parking lot running many times when we wanted to go some where and it made it a little difficult . Also the bath room was pretty small.

The pool was very nice. Much deeper than i thought it'd be. It was clean too. The bathtub was nice for soaking in. There is a Bobs Evans right next door, you could walk to if you want. We ate there twice and it was good both times. The room was pretty nice and we enjoyed our stay.

Worse hotel experience ever! Do not stay here unless you want flies bites everywhere
    • Quadruple Room

My room was full of flies and bugs!!! Cleaning staff knocking on my door at 8:30am in the morning, just to get my dirty towels? Is that really necessary? And then to come back when my son is taking a nap pounding on my door, told them we were busy, and was yelled at saying, well I have your towels, I mean you really need to do that for 1 towel? Only one outlet worked! I had to unplug the refrigerator to charge my phone The refrigerator was so nasty and dirty along with anything I put in was frozen in 1hr When checking out, I let desk know about how terrible it was and the bugs, they never offered to try and make a difference to make me as a customer happy. She said "Well you booked it on Booking.com so you need to take up your complaints with them" really????? So I don't even know if I want to use booking.com if the hotel doesn't care about guest satisfaction when you use booking.com, and the hotel will not accommodate to your needs if you use booking.com worse hotel every! Worst customer service! Worst experience every! Should have just saved my money and slept in the car, if I did my 3yr old son and I would not have flies bites all over, my phone wouldn't have been dead mostly the whole trip because of no outlets working, and I can't express again how bad the customer service was!!! Very upset and disappointed

Nothing, worse hotel experience ever!!!!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Cheap and comfortable
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Apart from a lick of paint and the fridge and microwave nothing has changed. It is probably due for refurbishment.

Good accommodation at a very reasonable price. Have stayed here several times before over the last 15 years and find it convenient for the Orlando parks without the huge price tag. Thiis visit a fridge and microwave had been added to the room which was perfect for us.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

full to capacity on the first night we were there but the service did't suffer
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there was a strange smell coming from the air con we reported it in the morning are it was sorted when we returned.

the room was clean and tidy , it was quiet the breakfast was good and better than expected for a " Continental breakfast "

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Look out for the roaches
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

At the booking time I requested a room for 2 adults and 4 kids. They offer a room to fit our family. By the time we got there they only had two beds, when I requested the other bed they charged for it. The room walls were all patched with different paint shades. The minute we woke up the roaches were walking all over the room. When I went to the front desk to complain they didn't put any attention they just said that the exterminator had been there the day before so the roaches were more active than usual. Sorry but that is awful . I will not rate this place a 1

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Good for a weekend trip

Beds were not made. The trash was not taken out. The carpet smelled funny. The mattress was too soft.

Breakfast was good. A lot of options for a continental breakfast. The juices tastes good. Staff was polite, friendly and helpful. The location is close to everything.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Out of budget Hotels I stayed at on this trip, this was the...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Out of budget Hotels I stayed at on this trip, this was the cleanest and best value for the money. Comparing to Red Roof, Motel6. Thank you for making my stay very good.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

You get what you pay for...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I killed a roach as soon as I walked into the room. The neighborhood was shady, the beds were very old and uncomfortable, the room smelled of prior pet accidents not being cleaned well, Thank God we were only there for 1 night

The room was cheap, especially because we were traveling with our 80 pound dog so options are limited. We went hot air ballooning and this motel was 1/2 a mile from that location. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

double check if you have pets
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I am not a smoker, but my adult daughter is and I feel like the manager singled her out an harassed her about being 25 ft from her room. She always smoked outside, like she does at home. Any way others smoked right outside their rooms. When she was walking and talking with another employee, the employee was smoking near the rooms.

Like the fact that they were pet friendly, however they only had a few rooms that were actually for pets (tile floors). Advise: Call hotel after booking to make sure. Because we evacuated east coast due to Hurricane, they made an acception, but would only allow 2 of the 4 rooms we reserved to keep the pets.

This place is fine for a night or two if you need a cheap place to stay. I wont return though

Mildew smell in both rooms, fridge didn't get cold, broken pool, hard bed

Friendly staff, waffles at breakfast, location

Visited the area for Legoland
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The pool was out of order.

The bed was older, however it was big, clean and comfortable.

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

Great price, perfect fit for us
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great price for what we needed - roll into town late, sleep, and move on. It was relatively clean and nice size for our family of six

Bugs around microwave and refrigerator.

Bugs around microwave and refrigerator. Walls had black greasy handprints in bathroom

Clean and nice

Clean and nice

Work
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Excelente and nice place I recommend x all

Its was ok I guess

No were like that

The staff was helpful and friendly

The staff was helpful and friendly

Clean, very friendly staff

Clean, very friendly staff

Review
    • Quadruple Room

The bathrooms need updating. The price was too high for that particular motel.

Staff is VERY friendly and helpful

The room smelled old but overall it was okay.

The room smelled old but overall it was okay.

the room smelled musty and between the bath towels there was...
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

the room smelled musty and between the bath towels there was a dirty stained and the water closet in the tub did not work