Reviews of Inn at East Beach 2 stars

1029 Orilla Del Mar, East Beach, Santa Barbara, CA 93103, USA

#31 of 71 hotels in Santa Barbara

• Superior King Room

We had to unplug the fridge as it was very noisy when the thermostat went on, and the room was very hot. Had to leave the door open until it cooled down.

Lovely staff, nice breakfast and comfy big bed. Room had a ceiling fan and a plug in fan which was good at night.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Outrageously expensive, maybe it’s the area? the sink was in the bedroom! The receptionist was having a very bad day

Property was near to the beach. Nice bed linen and towels

• Superior King Room

The initial room we were given was on the first floor and of a good size, but the air conditioning would not bring the temperature down to a reasonable level. However, the staff were extremely helpful and found us another, much cooler room on the ground floor.

The second room we were given was large, comfortable and cool. This was on the ground floor. nice swimming pool and an adequate continental breakfast.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Make sure you know if you have to pay for parking or not,

Second floor, fireplace room with vaulted ceilings was perfect! Nice remodeled looking room, with comfortable bed and pillows! And just 5 minute walk to the beach. Wonderful location. There was a very nice kind girl who helped us check in.

• Superior King Room

The bed was a disaster. It was so soft and weak that my partner and I couldn't sleep much at all. We had to change our plans and go to another, more expensive hotel for our second night. The staff was very nice, and the motel was no better or worse than I expected, with the exception of the bed, which was terrible.

• King Suite with Kitchen

The bed was bouncy and felt cheap. The rooms felt a bit run-down (paint patches on the walls, and odd flooring in the bathroom- not a luxury accommodation). We also arrived back to the hotel late in the evening, to find that there wasn't any parking remaining in the lot. The front desk staff did not offer us the front parking (although it sounds like this is standard procedure), so we had to find street parking in the middle of the night. The other staff were friendly and helpful, though.

This was an excellent location, and a good value for the area. We had a very private room with a full kitchen suite, which was great for a beach rental for the price. Overall, I'd recommend this unless you are looking for luxury!

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Bed was not comfortable, pool seriously in need of updateing and cleaning, the whole place is situated like an apartment and is very noisy. The coffee is in the lobby not in the room. Would not stay here again.

Everygthing..3 nights at 700.00 and they charge 30.00 for parking

Pooldirty,bathroom floor had as carpet filthy.wallboard peeling.needs a much needed upgrade

• Superior King Room

Couldn't turn on air so opened windows (didn't find a thermostat or anything).

Great location one block from the sea. Ample and free parking in the back. Very clean and quiet. The decor is zen like, with bamboo planted around for privacy. Rooms were spacious and the bathroom was updated. Clean pool. Variety of local coffee at the check in was great!

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Not close enough to the city centre, very thin walls between the rooms - we could clearly hear our neighbours talking, as well as VERY clearly hear them....participating in adult activities. Breakfast was very basic - only some bread and bagels, with butter, jam and cream cheese.

Clean and comfortable room

• Superior King Room

Not enough space for breakfast inside, breakfast is done in the reception. staff explained things with no smile. We are clients in any case.

The room is nice. There is a swimming pool.

• King Suite with Kitchen

Our room was facing the parking area and it was a bit loud during the morning.

The size of the room for 2 people was very good. Extremely well equipped. I was expecting to get a small kitchenette but instead I had a full kitchen with even an oven. Few minutes walk away from the beach. Every employee we met was very friendly and helpful. Complementary tea and coffee 24/7. Secure parking area available behind the property.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool could have been a little bit more clean

Great location, 2 minutes away from the beach. Nice and clean rooms, and very cozy and big. Staff very helpful and nice. They have beach towels, beach chairs and beach toys for kids for the guests to use.

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

Check in lady was a grouch...like Oscar. (See above). Park in back was a bit sketchy......some free-range pit bulls kept us away (they were tied to each other but to nothing else?)

Great location and wonderful building. Morning staff was Super cool. Check in woman was a real grouch.Rude rude rude.rudy rude..... If we had been able we would have cancelled because she was so rude(or fired her) Cool retro building (like my old apartment)and great beach lo-cal made up for it. Good coffee, cute pool, right by the beach.

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

Room a little too dark and NO Air conditioning , little bathroom counter space and no self serve ice machines, kind of expensive for what you get but comparable to other area hotel motels. They did try very hard to make it look nicer.

Beach very close

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Would be nice to add some protein to the breakfasts in the form of hard boiled eggs.

Really liked the fireplaces in each room for heat and firelight. Staff was wonderful.

• Superior King Room

Tv, shower, no jug or coffee in room

Tv didn’t work and needed to be programmed No instructions on shower and how it worked Pic on site look allot better than in real life

• King Suite with Kitchen

We had a big room with kitchenette and it was perfect with a baby (room to put a pack n play and homemade dinner) The fireplace was a great addition as it was winter and it was pretty cold these days in Santa Barbara Close to the beach and the zoo

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It rained all day Saturday there was a huge puddle right in front of the door - it seemed no effort was made to remove it. I called to advise that our TV remote would not work and I didn't feel there was any effort made to fix the issue. When I called the front desk I felt I was bothering them. When I checked in I didn't feel like a welcome guest until the attendant saw that I "knew" someone - then things changed. There are no phone books in the rooms - when I went to the office and asked for one I was given a packet of coupons to use in the city. Why wasn't I provided this packet at check-in? Overall, I would say you need 2 people on site daily and that they need some customer service training. Perhaps a more mature desk clerk would be a positive. Not sure it was worth the extra $$, pretty much up to par with a Motel 6 up the street.

Easy access to the room.

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

I mentioned this to the receptionist and sent an email to the hotel after I checked out but have received no response.

The walls are paper thin. It is not that our neighbours were noisy. The floor above creaked. You can hear the plumbing. Impossible to sleep!

• Superior King Room

The building construction did not allow for sound attenuation. Walls are thin no lightweight concrete on the floor. Neighbors kept us awake during the night, to the point l had to call the front desk hand have them contact our neighbors. Hence the low rating. There are at least 6 flights of stairs and no elevators. Charging $10 per night to park.

Location to the beach, pleasent and courteous staff.

• Superior King Room

More and better Chaise Lounges by the pool. I have very bad knees and almost broke my back getting in and out of the ground level lounges!

The front desk staff during the day were very nice and accommodating! The night staff was new but I feel in time they'll be just fine

• Superior King Room

Everything. Hookers entering and having sex all night... all we could here. Only 2 hours sleep because all we could here was moaning and people having sex

• King Suite with Kitchen

Be aware, trains run through Santa Barbara but if you want to be near the beach, every lodging is affected. It was only one loud one per night and that was relatively early.

We searched for an accommodation with a kitchenette. It was FULLY equipped.

• Superior King Room

Could offer more breakfast choices. Can't think of anything else.

Location was great. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable. Staff gave good recommendations on restaurant choices. Very nice quaint little Inn. Only stayed one night but would definately stay there again if in the area. Nice room and price was good. We were in the area for my sons baseball game and looked "out of the box" for a place to stay. Very pleased with out decision.

All good!

The staff was friendly and welcoming. In-room fireplace was a nice touch! Very convenient to the beach and a short drive to downtown. Rental bikes were a nice surprise and a good way to get around ....

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

Temperature of room. Also, they cancelled my reservation because my card ( which had been charged) “declined.” They also said they called me about it 5 times but my phone never rang.

Bed was great. There was a little complementary something in the lobby in the morning. Juice, coffee, toast.

• Superior King Room

The insulation wasn’t great and others can hear you. No A/C. The TV was 12 years old and had no USB attachments to plug in your Amazon Fire tv if you brought one or gaming console.

The towels were great. The hand soap was way too harsh and dried out hands out. Would suggest an Ivory type soap.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

I gave this motel all excellent scores except for the breakfast, but please read why, because you may be ok with it. I am a nutrition educator and know the importance of a good nutritious & filling meal. I know the importance of eating a clean protein and not just carbs at breakfast. I need both protein & carbs in the morning meal. I would have liked to see a healthy branded yogurt offered and hard boiled eggs. Other than the coffee and the oranges & apples, I did not partake in the muffins, bagels, or toast. I had yogurts in my refrigerator and ordered eggs at the east beach grill. I did like the tables & chairs outside of the lobby to sit at in the morning. My relatives who were also staying at the inn, liked their breakfast. As far as my recommendations for the kitchen in the suite, I would suggest you buy a sharper knife, provide pot holders, a cutting board and scissors. Other than those items, I thought the kitchen was well equipped.

I cannot say enough good things about this motel! I researched a lot of places before deciding on this one. I was so pleased with my decision! I wish I lived in ca, so I could visit again, but sadly I do not. I worked mostly with Maria, at the front desk, who was awesome, but so was everyone else who worked there. Everyone was friendly and helpful! I loved my room/suite: #128, top floor. It was spacious! It had a lot of room for dressing and storing my hygiene items. I loved the full kitchen!!! There were just a few items I felt were missing in the kitchen, but other than that I was pleased and definitely recommend this inn to everyone. It is steps away from the expensive Hyatt, so both are equally close to East Beach. Make sure you have breakfast at the East Beach Grill, and take the 50 cents waterfront & downtown shuttle to go sightseeing. They have excellent pancakes! I ate dinner at the Opal Restaurant on State St and it was excellent! I also walked to the tri- produce market on Milpas, upon my arrival to get groceries to eat & fix for meals in. They have bikes to rent too! I was super sad to leave and go home. Oh, and if you are flying into lax, make a reservation for the Santa Barbara Airbus. It drops you off a block from the Inn. No hassle of renting a car and sitting in traffic for hours. Plus, the scenery along the highway is breathr

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

It is a cramped motel with upgrades, selling at the price of a 4 star hotel in nearby Ventura. The hotel base in Santa Barbara in general is of a very poor value.

It was nice to have a fireplace in the room.

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

No view. Water pressure upstairs is very low. No spa. Breakfast is just bread, toast, bagels and orange juice.

Room & property clean. Comfortable bed and pillow. Location is great, within walking distance to beach. But there are more options closer to wharf for a little bit more. Tv options accommodated our kids: 3 and 12. Stayed for quick one night weekend.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Dated place. Felt car was not really safe. Did not feel safe to ride bike in neighborhood etc.

I had to plan last minute plans for the night...there were other, better quality hotels for the same price as I ended up paying here...they were just filled. This facility is priced too high even for a weekend. It is not very nice...feels all locked up as it is not in a very safe area either. Their Sunday night price if I stayed an extra night would have been half what they took for that Saturday...which made me feel like I had been robbed. The quality of the place should have something to do with the price...not just overall availability in the area. This place would never be worth the $269. I paid for one night for a single king bed. This place should be max $170.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

It was better with the previous manager - more breakfast options, cleaner pool, friendlier staff, no parking fee. The pool was pretty dirty this time, and we were not expecting the $10 parking fee . I also didn't like that the online rates did not show that the Saturday rate was more than twice the Sunday rate -- it just showed the average for the 2 nights (which was a good value compared to other area hotels). We only saw the different prices when we checked in. The online info also did not indicate that there would be a parking fee.

location near beach. convenient. sizable parking lot. quiet.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There room had enough space for our family of 5 to move around. Lots of pool noodles for the kiddos to use. Decent selection at breakfast. My kids loved the blueberry bread! Very friendly, helpful staff.

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

It was ok for the price. I would suggest to have some cereal and yoghurt for breakfast. Nothing to do with the Hotel but just in case: we coordinated our transfers with Warrior Cab Taxi Company but they left us, in spite of that we called twice and they said that they were near. We almost loose our train. It was a very stressful situation and the lady at the reception help us a lot to get a quick one.

Santa Barbara is a very expensive place so this hotel has got an affordable price and it is near to the Beach. The staff is very kind and the rooms are clean. The coffee and tea are great.

• Superior King Room

the rooms were so old, the electricity went out 2x, no AC, dirty, and breakfast was nothing but bread, toast and coffee. The price was ridiculous for this place.

location only

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

No air conditioning at this hotel. I was on the third floor, in a room that was at least 85 degrees when I arrived. Only stayed one day. The lack of air conditioning is something that should definitely been disclosed on your website. Too expensive for what I got.

• Superior King Room

The wi-fi wasn't the best, which normally we wouldn't care too much about, but my husband had to work for part of the day. It's an older building so parts of it can seem tired here and there, but they do a great job of keeping it as fresh as possible.

I love the location and the feel of the place. It's a boutique multi-level motel aesthetically pleasing to the eye. I love that they have bike rentals (though we brought our own). It's just a very pleasant place to stay!

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

better breakfast and the pool looked dirty. the shower facet was hard to work. the carpet looked dirty. Rest room was very small. hard to come in and out. I did not like that we had to paid to rent bikes.

they were no eggs. only bread and coffee & tea. apples. what I did like was the ocean view. that made it. One office staff was very nice and helpful. beach very close. But too far from pier and harbor. Too far from state st.

• Superior King Room

Only a hand full of rooms had AC. Couldn't turn off the heater in room. Staff said it couldn't be handled - it was very warm.

The rooms were quite big, so was the bed and bathroom.

The carpet in the bathroom area was a bit grotty. No air conditioning (which is pretty typical for Santa Barbara, but when it's hot, it's hot!) but one gets used to the funky vibe. The photos are a lot chicer than the reality, but I would stay here again. It's homey.

It is near the beach, and within walking distance of Stearn's wharf. reasonable prices for Santa Barbara. Nice terrace for breakfast.

• Superior King Room

Shower did not work. No air conditioner. Carpet filthy. Noise from room above. Rickety outdoor furniture. Steps to access room, when specifically requested no steps as requirement.Gates everywhere- like being in a zoo. No ice after 10 pm. Lumpy pillows. Trash in waste cans when we first entered room. Enough said?

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

The parking is not free as stated on the booking.com website. However the reception honored the free parking but blamed booking.com for not updating the advert

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The furnitures are a little too old and some stains on the carpet. The smell in the room isn't very good, it smells a little musty.

Great swimming pool, nice view, large space, surprised that the room is with a kitchen which wasn't indicated when booking, convenience location, one hour free bike gives our stay much more fun.

• King Suite with Kitchen

There was no air. The room had mold in the bathroom. It had been remolded but that was done poorly. The online reviews were bogus. They must have paid a company to get good ratings.

The bed was comfortable

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

No air conditioner. Room was small. No privacy from outside noise. No coffee maker. Poor shower and condition of shower doors. Slow internet. Pool was very dirty. Very poor value for the money. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

It was close to the beach and walking trail.

• Superior King Room

The facility is a little older but they have done a good job with upgrades over time. The one issue, the room I had did not have an a/c and the room orientation to the ocean was such that there was no wind moving through the room. Needed two fans, windows open all night to keep the room cool. This would really only be an issue when temperatures are high.

Staff was great. Location relative to the beach was great. It was surprisingly quite. The wifi worked great.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Too much concrete there, no gardens. A hard exterior. I've lived in these before. Somewhat utilitarian. Was really put off by this at the start. Walk around SB and you will see the opposite. But this isn't Spanish Mission Style. Pond green and flat brown paint did work for me at all. I wasn't happy about "The Quality". But hey, it's SB and you have to pay $350++ night for real hotel quality. My room @ $279/$179 night had no AC! Ceiling fan and standing fan were included. Not the best room in the place. No air flow. Had no chair other than desk chair. Other rooms had chairs. SMALLEST, LOWEST TOILET IN THE WORLD. As a gentleman, when you sit down.. your parts touch the toilet. VERY DISPLEASED about that. No mini fridge. It's a fair place with new paint. Not a lot of privacy, it felt less secure than I wanted it to be. 6/10

Although the location is excellent in relation to ocean, just one block from the sand, like MANY other SB rentals, this is an older apt building slightly renovated to an "Inn" but marketed alongside Hotels. Bed was good. Parking very good. Wifi good. Clean. Good TV. Continental breakfast good. Breads and cereals. Good coffee, pool was fair to good but..

The girl at check in was surly and didn't even greet me when I arrived, just said " ID and credit card please", and other staff were fairly disinterested in giving good customer service. The rooms were overpriced, especially when they and most of the hotel need a renovation

Almost directly opposite the beach. The breakfast was the standard variety. Clean rooms. Laundry available onsite

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

You have to pay for parking. The property as a whole needs updating. The furniture is dated and a bit scruffed, the mattress not very firm, but it had an updated bathroom with fluffy towels. Beware: no coffee in room, but there was free bottled water waiting for us. The pool is very small and the courtyard lackluster. For roughly the same price with free parking, we moved to a place at West Beach, which offered superior amenities and ambience.

Our King room was clean and had a partial ocean view and the breezes were just lovely—no need for AC (there is none, but our room did have a nice ceiling fan). Great location across from a lovely beach that allowed for long walks. The staff is super friendly, and the Inn does offer high quality coffee and pastries each morning, included.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior King Room

Bed was awfull, it was completely unsupportive you could feel every spring. The bathroom had a weird spinning shower head and was in need of a remodel.

Staff was excellent!

• King Suite with Kitchen

Was concerned there is no air conditioning, however, it was not an issue due to the mild temperatures in Santa Barbara

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was lovely with wooden ceilings, beams, a fireplace and full kitchen. This hotel is convenient and more affordable than the big names.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Breakfast was very basic and no gluten free or healthy options apart from a couple of fruits.

Proximity to the beach, pool was good to get away from the beach when it was really windy. This was the only affordable and decent place we found in the area.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

This place is basically a motel 6 with a cheap remodel. The bathroom was really gross and smelled like urine. Would never stay here again.

Walking distance to the beach but nothing else. Staff told me the wharf was walkable but it's not.

• Superior King Room

The breakfast selection/area was a bit overwhelmed by the guests.

The location (right off a nice beach in a good neighborhood, and a pleasant 20 minute walk to the top of the pier) might be remote for some, but we thought it was great compromise between the action and the relaxed. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had a mod feel to it. We put the fireplace to use. Also, sitting outside our room was enjoyable. The pool was sizable and clean. Great coffee for breakfast.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a quite noisy area, especially since they did roadwork outside early in the mornings. Also quite a long distance from downtown. There is a bus for only 50 cents to downtown during day time, but it was not easy to use (have to have exact amount of money and a machine that was hard to get a grip of). The breakfast wasn't healthy, only white bread and muffins.

Close to the beach! Nice and helpful staff! Comfortable beds! Many organic varieties of teas available al hours.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

There was a terrible smell in a lot of the rooms-apparently due to the city working on the area sewer. We moved 3 more times after our original suite proved too odorous-once because we were forced to move - and we ended up in a smaller unit than that for which we prepaid (we were compensated for the inconvenience and change of room category, thankfully). The facility is clean but dated. Pillows are hard and towels are worn.

The complimentary continental breakfast and the 24 hour coffee service were good. The 24 hour manned front desk was also helpful. I did not use the pool but it was fun for other family member's kids. Free parking was a plus. The beach was within walking distance and was quite nice.

No air conditioning - but the room was very comfortable with a nice sea breeze.

We liked the manager and staff. Had excellent rooms in an older Santa Barbara Hotel

• Superior King Room

Can't find anything negative.

It was my second stay here. Quiet neighborhood and friendly staff. Room is very clean, comfortable and spacious. I would definitely stay here again.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

The bathroom was a little small.

A great option for staying at East beach, just a short uber ride to the main action of State street or Stearns Wharf. Quieter and close to the peaceful end of the coast. A nice breakfast was offered with a selection of juice, coffee and pastries. Better value for money than some of the hotels in the centre of town.

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

I did think that $209/night, mid-week, off-season was pricey for this hotel. The breakfast was simple and although the coffee was great, I wouldn't place much value on this in the overall rate. Also, I would expect better towels at this rate and they were definitely on the lower end of the quality spectrum, somewhat rough and thin. (We had the same quality towels the night before in a hotel in San Diego's Little Italy, a hotel similar in all ways, but the towels were tolerable because we only paid $109 for the night and the breakfast was fantastic.) But as our 13-year-old said, "great customer service makes up for the things that don't work so well."

This is a sweet little hotel in a great location and neighborhood of Santa Barbara. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with a very hip and functional bathroom. Beds and bedding were very comfortable. This would be a great location in the summer, a short walk to the beach, pool on premises, nice tiered patios.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise from other rooms (bad insulation), not much choice for breakfast

Great staff, good coffe, great muffin for breakfast, free private parking, location

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Overall, facility is tired looking and badly outdated. Very beachy not at all a luxury hotel setting. Pool looked somewhat murky and ininviting. Will not plan a return visit and would not recommend this hotel to friends.

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• King Suite with Kitchen

Indoor seating would have been nice for breakfast as eating outside was a bit chilly in October especially after it had rained!

The junior suite we had contained everything needed

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Backed up to train tracks and it wakes you up. Also had a wedding party that filled (almost) the hotel. You sign a pledge on check-in to recognize QUIET time and are told in will be enforced by on-premise staff. The drunken wedding after-party was a blow-out that went until 3:30 am UNCHECKED, with one couple having sex on their balcony across from me and her screaming on climax so her friends could see her and take pics.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Everything was great, don't expect 5 star but it was very friendly, room was good. Would highly recommend.

We travelled around the West Coast for 4 weeks and Frank was one of the highlights of our trip. Our kids are still talking about him. A very comfortable place to stay and you are made to feel so at home. Room was clean, beds comfy, loved our experience here.

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

For what I paid, I would have expected this hotel to be much better. The bed was very shakey and the mattress rolled you into the middle. You can tell they tried to update an old motel but they left out crucial details in making it nice. They left the original toilet AND seat, which is disgusting, and the old metal on the shower door was clearly painted over. A cheap fix that looks terrible. The floor choice in the bathroom was poor - a plastic like grass cloth. I'm sure it holds so many disgusting germs. Although the furniture was nice, it looked very worn, scratched paint, etc. overall. It impressed with my stay. They would need to make lots of improvements for me to return.

The location can't be beat. Steps away from the beach. Good continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Superior King Room

Bed was a little slice of heaven! Room was cozy and inviting, and the owner was super kind. They safely held my bags for the whole day after I checked out until I could get them again after 9pm

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

The breakfast selection was excellent. Wish I had more time to enjoy the facility, use the pool, and use the available bikes. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Superior King Room

This property has no air con. On the day we were there it was 34 degrees and although they provided fans was an extremely uncomfortable hot night, we even resorted to cold showering in bed clothes. However we were told this was a rarity to be this hot, but just be aware.

Good location near to East Beach but 1.5 miles out of Santa Barbara downtown. Good breakfast. Staff all very nice.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior Two Queen Beds with Fireplace

You can tell that they have invested $ in upgrading this hotel. It's not posh but it has all the basics and is clean and comfortable.

Frank the GM made this place! He has such a great personality and is so friendly. You could tell he truly loves his job and cares for his guests. I'll miss his turtle eggs and hand picked Costco strawberries in the morning!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Superior King Room

Rooms don't have AC so the room can get really muggy. Surprisigly slept comfortably overnight but during the day was a little uncomfortable.

Nice location and priced well relative to it's distance from the beach.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Comfortable room and bed. Loved the fireplace on a cool night. Staff printed out directions whenever needed. Easy onsite parking. The manager, Frank is one of a kind. Looked forward to seeing him each morning for breakfast! A plus for the Inn at East Beach.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior King Room with Fireplace

Very nice accommodations... bed was comfortable. Had upstairs room with view of the ocean and nice breeze during the day. Basic breakfast fair. Convenient to local attractions and downtown and short walk to beach.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Superior King Room

No air conditioning and even though the Santa Barbara evenings and mornings were cool, we could not get enough air circulation to cool the room.

Good breakfast with fresh pastries