Reviews of Inn at Lincoln Park 2 stars

601 West Diversey Parkway, Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL 60614, USA

#145 of 154 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nice staff but hotel needs renovating, updating would be an understatement.

I had to change rooms the first night because the one I had was probably the maids quarters back in the day. The toilet in the first room was next to steam pipe. I could have burned my legs. Showers and floors need updating, and patchwork. The elevator had a sign that it has not been inspected since March 2015. And that inspection was temporary. I was scared every time my wife and I went on it.

The maid and front desk clerk were nice. Parking is convenient for that area.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

A bargain property in a great location with rooms that are a bit shabby!

the room was pretty shabby -- peeling paint -- very worn upholstery I didn't want to sit on -- bed skirt was dingy -- better if they mounted bed on a solid base -- shower curtain falling down -- not sure if all the bed linens were laundered after each guest -- pillows pretty hard and mattress pretty soft

the location is excellent -staff very nice and personable - very accessible to buses and the L -- lots of options for dining, shopping etc in the neighborhood - close to downtown so inexpensive Lyft or Uber -- generally given the cost of rooms in Chicago this is definitely a bargain -- however ............see below

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

A classic and well kept hotel

Most basic modern facilities are not readily provided. I had to ask for a fridge, hair dryer, iron etc. After all, front desk handled the request quite speedily.

The room is big and beds comfortable. Everything works well and staff are willing to offer advices and information. It is surrounded by shops and restaurants so eating and shopping is very convenient. There are also several bus routes just outside.

A basic hotel, but clean and comfy with a great staff.

No fridge in room. I had to put the coffee maker on the floor to plug it in. There was no plug where I could set it on a table.

Second time I’ve stayed here. It’s not glamorous, or fancy or even new. But it’s always been clean and comfortable with a very reasonable rate. The best part - the staff. Incredibly friendly and helpful. The overall feel is more like a B and B than a hotel. And the location is great!! Close to tons of restaurants and shops - and a Trader Joe’s!!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great location. Overall it was a ok stay and served its purpose.
    • Economy Room

Our mini fridge did not work in our room. The bathroom sink was dirty. (The knob to turn on the sink had little hairs inside from the previously person possibly shaving)

The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

I make the mistake of booking and confirming time and time again.
    • Economy Room

The room, ‘318, is horrible hotel room. Bathroom, decor and comfort is that of the 50’s and look like it could be a bathroom scene in a Bettie Davis flick b

I found the location great as it’s just feet away from the busy traffic areas of the affluent Lincoln Park. Great bars, eateries, dancing, etc Public transportation centrally located with options btgeb

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was a total waste of time.
    • Economy Room

The lack of understanding and empathy after it was obvious my wallet was stolen, I felt it was insensitive that my information did not meet their expectations.

Location very accommodating and convenient.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Would stay again for 1/2 the price
    • Economy Room

Would stay again for 1/2 the price. The price was crazy high. Gouging for a concert in town. Stale donuts for breakfast

Staff was helpful. Room was cozy and quaint.

Ask about onsite parking when you book.
    • Economy Room

Ask about onsite parking when you book. They use a parking garage around the corner if you didn’t reserve parking before hand. It’s a close walk, but onsite would be ideal.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for everyone. But if you only need a place to sleep......
    • Economy Room

The building is old, has a stale smell. Although quaint it needs renovation. The cable was spotty. The furniture was old and falling apart. Standard and economy rooms are as small as they look on the pictures.

Location - you can walk down to the beaches at Michigan lake and enjoy the fun activities there. Several restaurants to choose from in walking distance.

It had a room at last minute.

No water pressure. Place feeling very old and tired. Noisy air con.

It had a room at last minute. More affordable than alternatives but not cheap. Clean, and comfortable bed.

This place is nice, I give it 3.5 stars.
    • Queen Room

The bathtub is ugly. Showering was a challenge. No free parking.

The bed was comfy. Nice area to walk around. Plenty of places to eat. Stores galore!

Too expensive compared to the facilities.
    • Economy Room

The hotel is not worth the price. I paid nearly 200 dollars for such a tiny room, which is also very old. The breakfast is just donuts. It's ridiculous.

The location.

Nothing wouldn’t even enter it
    • Economy Room

This place was so run down when you pulled in...air conditioners had boards in the windows..people hanging outside like it was an hourly rate spot...I didn’t even go in...there was only one other car in the parking lot..

Nothing wouldn’t even enter it

Great location, surprisingly quiet hotel, in need of update/reno, but everything works fine.

It's clearly a dated building, the patches/repairs are visible here and there, though everything seemed to work fine to my satisfaction. There is a kind of a pervasive musty aroma in the hallways and stairwells. They really shouldn't even bother with their morning offering of mediocre donuts and mediocre coffee, I think either expend a little more effort/expense or just don't bother.

Surprisingly quiet considering location. The bed was comfortable and in spite of the general aged-ness of the hotel, the TV was a nice widescreen up-to-date model with excellent picture quality. The location is terrific.

It was a big mistake and was not pleasant.
    • Queen Room

The ancient window unit was very loud and appeared to be in danger of falling out the window. Every time it’s compressor cycled on, the tv shut off for a second. The tv had a scrambled picture for the first 2 hours it was on then cleared up to an acceptable level. The bathroom needs many repairs, the most urgent of which is to replace the tub. The bottom of the ceramic or cast iron tub ‘squished’ even when there was no water in the tub itself. The room is tiny with very old (not quality) furniture that barely served as surfaces upon which to set things.

Can’t beat the location for walk ability.

Unless you strictly just need a bed to sleep in and don't want to go to a hostile, go elsewhere!
    • Economy Room

The closet was half the size of the room(way to big) and the room was too small, the regular size bed took up 80% of the main room. The bathroom door wouldn't close and there were separate spigots entirely for hot and cold, hard to wash your hands when you either get scalding or frozen water as a choice. We decided just to wash our hands in the shower to get a consistent temp. The room was hard to find, we stayed in room 411. Went to the 4th floor and the rooms went from 410 right to 412, we had to go back downstairs and ask to find out we had to go through the stairwell to find the randomly placed room. The front desk said the ice machine was broken, but perhaps it was non-existent, I never saw one anywhere. The cable was on the fritz and cutting out constantly.

Great location, and very friendly and helpful staff. We checked in rather late and the woman at the front desk was still very cheerful to see us. It was cheaper than any other hotel in the area, but to be honest I would have rather paid the extra for an actual hotel. The staff was the one saving grace!

Super cute, great location, staff was super friendly and helpful. Cleaning lady was so sweet!!! :)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our TV kept getting distorted.... I think it is on the verge of being replaced. But we did have it on all night because we fell asleep with it on so maybe it was getting warm? Or the bulbs are buring out? I dont know much about TV's (lol" but it looks like it could be close to being replaced. It wasn't unwatchable but the picture was getting funky. lol However that is my only complaint and its not even really a complaint (lol).

CUTE HOTEL! It has a very historic feel but very clean! Super cute! My room was a double bed room so it had 2 very large closets and 2 bathrooms!!! Very roomy and comfy! Beds were comfy as well!

We had used an alternate location to park and when that fell...
    • Economy Room

The shower was hard to figure out. The water temperature ranged from scalding water to ice cold in seconds. We weren’t sure if someone else was showering at the same time as us. We gave it about 10 minutes and it evened itself out. But we haven’t had issues like that with a shower anywhere else.

We had used an alternate location to park and when that fell thru they were very accommodating to let us park in the lot even after checking in!

Excellent value fantastic hotel close to eveything needed in Chicago

Great size room and bed. Good tv facilities, excellent bathroom and décor. Very helpful staff, great atmosphere and vibe to hotel. Great area for exploring uptown Chicago and close to Wrigley Field

Excellent place.
    • Economy Room

Staff was very helpful asking them about anything and they just print the tour for me in a paper. also last day they kept my luggage till my flight. I would like to thank all of them. by the way, don't smoke cause my college didn't read the instructions and they charged her 200 pounds at the checkout which was a bit surprising for us.. overall experience was really good.

Very old, no water pressure.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very old, no water pressure. Would have thought it was a hostel with how old and run down it was. Paid $900+ for 5 nights during the week and was not worth it!

DO NOT STAY HERE! CONSTRUCTION GOING ON ACROSS THE STREET AND THEY WON'T TELL YOU!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I have it in writing, as per my initial contact with the inn through booking. com that I specified that I needed a quiet room: I have been sick since January. I was told both in writing, and in several conversations over the phone with the staff, that they would be able to provide that service for me. When I arrived, I found that there were not one, but 2 construction sites right across the street, and that construction would begin at 8 am in the morning! I had to change hotels, and they still charged me. This is unethical. I did not get the service I paid for.

The staff was very, very nice and accommodating. Price and location was worth the stay. That's all.

The shower was horrible. The hot water came out as a little trickle so you had to turn on the cold to get it to come out a little better, but then you had to take a cold shower. The worst shower we have ever experienced in a hotel. And the room was so hot all the time with no way to adjust a thermostat. Didn't see one. Don't know how it would be in the summer because there did not appear to be an air conditioner in the room. Also, there was no security. We were out every night, 3 nights, until 11:00-11:30 and not once were we asked to show a key or id when we came in. Different people working each night.

Price and location.

great neighborhood, easy access to EL, staff very helpful...
    • Queen Room

website noted "continental breakfast" but was actually just coffee and donuts (which were fine but not what was expected); walls are not particularly soundproof.

great neighborhood, easy access to EL, staff very helpful (got me a mini fridge/microwave as i was staying 15 days); restaurants and groceries available nearby, great variety.

Dated hotel but in a great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dated rooms - bathrooms were a bit shoddy.

Location - near to 'blues alley' and some nice restaurants. Out of town - but that's a good thing!

Great location and price but the property is in a very bad state.

My fourth time at this location and the condition of the place is going down with each visit. The place is falling apart. Shower faucets not functioning. Burly no heat and this is Chicago

Very good location for what I needed. Price is definitely good

Good value. I would definitely stay here again.
    • Queen Room

This is not a luxury hotel--not expected in this price range--but it's clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the parking accommodations are very convenient.

Meh.

THIS hotel is literally just a room with a bed and a shower. If you want anything else, ANYTHING ELSE, from a hotel when you stay there, this is NOT the place for you. The clientle is questionable , the people on my floor blazed up to the high heavens every night so the floor was flooded with weed smell. The beds are blah and I would suggest bring your own bed sheets and things to put in top of the bed. The breakfast offered is just stall old donuts from Stan' s across the street, so just go to Stan's. If part of your vacation is you just relaxing in your room, pick a different hotel. But if you're literally only looking for a bed in a room to put stuff in then this place is perfect but if you want anything else! Working elevator, no floor wide weed smell, a room that when you open the door you don't immediately hit your bed, ANYTHING else, do not stay here.

The staff was cool and the neighborhood is nice. It's safe to walk around, even at night, and there's so good food around if you don't mind walking.

Will be back to this property when I travel there again, No need to look elsewhere.
    • Queen Room

The attentiveness to our questions and friendliness with information direction and room comfort was outstanding. Also, the location and value for our dollar was excellent. would highly recommend.

The bedroom was very nice and the location of the hotel was...

The staff was very rude and nasty to us. They were unaccommodating and the general manager was extremely rude when we complained about a tv stand that fell on my partner. We had booked the hotel for 3 days, however, after the horrible way we were treated by the staff, we decided to leave after the first night,

The bedroom was very nice and the location of the hotel was very convenient.

Great place and I will stay there again.

This is the second time I’ve stayed here. The hot water did not work either time but the location is so great I was willing to overlook that.

Fantastic location and great parking. Friendly staff too.

Very nice place for the money spent.
    • Economy Room

Great location, Great staff, Clean room Old hotel (100 yrs.) reminds me of some of my European Vacation stays,lots of character . Booked for 2 nights due to Chicago snow storm. 10 minute walk to job rather than 3-4 hour commute! Would visit again !

Not sure if we'd go back.
    • Queen Room

Parking fee of $35 was not disclosed until arrival. We booked a queen size bed, but it was not, even though the clerk the next morning, insisted that it was.

Great location and service, but the property has problems
    • Economy Room

There are some serious issues with infrastructure. In one room, nothing came out of the hot water faucets and the AC/heater unit didn't work. At one point, the elevator didn't work. My advice, as soon as you get into your room, check everything to make sure it works.

The staff was very courteous, the hotel is clean, and the location can't be beat. Hotel staff did everything possible to work with us through problems.

Perfect for a night out in the city!

Nothing! Everything was great!

From the reviews I read before going I was little worried...but I don't know what people are talking about! This place was great! There is a parking lot at the hotel for $32 or a nearby one for $23, the staff was very friendly and helpful, multiple options within walking distance for food and fun (we went to the laugh factory-10 min walk), the room was clean, bed was comfy... no complaints at all. Yes, the hotel is old so you can't judge the décor... for the price it was amazing! Will definitely be coming back.

Ok
    • Queen Room

Was told at booking that it was breakfast found out that it was only donut and coffee. Shower and bathtub barely had any water pressure. $35 to park was ridiculous

The bed was great the location was good the room was quaint

We would stay again
    • Queen Room

The room didn't have a good place to read; the bedside lamp was too low and dim to light a book, and there was nothing else but overhead lighting. The shower water pressure was not very strong, but this was kind of expected in this old building. Dated decor, but that's okay if you aren't doing much but sleeping there.

Convenient, with no-hassle come-and-go parking, fairly close to buses and trains. Staff was very pleasant. Room was clean. Free coffee and donuts are nice, plus a Keurig in the room! Room was comfortable. Reasonably priced for Chicago, with a discount for a 3+ night stay.

B
    • Economy Room

Everything. From incredibly low shower pressure, to furnace Overheating, to Noisy area because of construction, to 35 dollar charge for parking or risk tow, to coming out to almosT 110 for that. Worst hotel experience ever. Last time I ever set foot in that halfway house. I conversed with the manager and her solution was 10 percent off the original price. I want money back.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great stay at Inn at Lincoln Park!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff went out of their way to accomodate us! We needed to print a few pages (using the hotel computer), and the staff offered to print the pages for us at no charge! We are looking forward to our next stay at the Inn at Lincoln Park!

I will come back !
    • Economy Room

Bath tub faucet did not work very well and should be changed.

Location was great, the Value for money was good.Staff were friendly. Overally better than my expectation.

Homely and kindly place to be in Chicago

I don't like the way How to arrive at the hotel from the Airport. Perhaps I didn't take the right way. I suggest using google maps prior taking the train.

The most I like is the breakfast. Great donuts and baking food. Juices and Yogurt great!

Cute, quaint little inn.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The water pressure in my bathroom was a little low, and the window ac unit was a little noisey for my taste. During our stay there was construction of a building right outside our window that was a little loud, but not too bad. Over all, a wet pleasant stay.

The hotel was very clean - check in was fast and easy and accommodations weren’t that far away. Our double room had two VERY clean bathrooms and the beds were clean. It’s a quiet, cute little inn and I will definitely come back to stay here whenever I go to Chicago.

The receptionist were friendly and helped point us to where...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hot water in the sink turned yellow so I had to use cold

The receptionist were friendly and helped point us to where we needed to go and even helped us with bus details

Good for cost and location
    • Economy Room

The room was so hot. It was like 30 degrees outside but 90 in our room and the temp controls weren't in room.

The rooms were great for the price considering the location. The hotel is old and a bit run down but still nice.

We would stay again. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Street noise, particularly the emergency vehicles was relentless, especially at night.

Location was convenient. Super clean. Accommodating staff. Free breakfast.

Comfy clean rooms.

Breakfast wasn’t that great. Not a lot of options and Sunday morning there weee quite a few items gone by 8:30 and not replaced.

Comfy clean rooms. Staff very helpful and friendly

Nice place to stay for a night if you are passing through
    • Economy Room

The room I got wasn't that satisfactory don't know about other rooms, the toilet seat was so close to the radiator a person with average hight might find it hard to sit properly. The wifi wasn't good as well had issues when it come to stability, the TV to had issues.

The staff was nice and welcoming asked for early checkin and they were fine with it. They also let you keep store luggage for free. The place is easy to find and close to good hotels, pubs and attractions. Also easily accessible by busses, a uber ride to downtown will cost you only 8$ from there. The place had vending machines and ice, and is easily noticeable from the street. Room had a good coffee machine as well.

Cozy budget stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The equipment is VERY dated. Wifi access is cumbersome, but signal and speed are good. Water pressure in the shower was very low.

The room we had was big and clean. The hotel was quiet, and has cozy feeling of family-run business. Great location within the neighborhood. Very competitive price!

Lousy

I had to park over a block away the fee was ridiculous & when I left lot I found out if paid myself would have been cheaper if would have know about parking I would have Never booked at this hotel room had no phone in room and be ready to take a nice ice cold shower as room had no hot water pressure and light bulbs in bathroom were burned out if there’s a problem good luck understaffed you had to walk to lobby to report problems then you have to wait because only person they have is front desk person and you had to wait for front desk person to close up before they can fix problems how can you run a hotel like that I wouldn’t stay there again was a big disappointment and a total rip off

I would come back.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast wasn't the greatest.

Nice old place, clean, nothing fancy, but a good value for the $. Nice location, lots of restaurants & shops near by and easy driving to any place in city.

The only thing good about this hotel is the location
    • Economy Room

The room was cramped, bathroom tiny, & water temp in shower extremely difficult to regulate—I nearly got scalded when my husband flushed the toilet. The whole place had a musty odor, & the a/c unit was excessively noisy. Unfortunately there are few options available in the Lincoln Park area

The location was close to our son’s apartment. The towels were absorbent

When you can’t get someplace closer to Wrigley, it’ll do.
    • Queen Room

The electrical any plumbing systems need updating. Not enough plugins and water temperature fluctuates with use by others. The ancient mini-fridge only had one setting: FREEZE. There’s tons of construction and therefore noise in the area.

Sheets and towels are clean. The room overall is clean.

The staff were nice.
    • Queen Room

Very few outlets in room. Curtains had to be open to run AC. Only one chair in room and only one nightstand. No services other than low level breakfast items. The room was clean but furniture is worn out. I don't think the value was there for the money.

The staff were nice. The location is outstanding.

Reception staff exceptionally friendly and helpful with...

Shower could have been better but was adequate.

Reception staff exceptionally friendly and helpful with getting around. Hotel ticks all the boxes and is a good value no frills break. Room was much bigger than expected. Would definitely recommend.

Good spot to sleep in a great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wallpaper peeling in room. Bathroom extremely tiny as was the elevator. TV not plugged in and cord would not reach an outlet. Furniture old and worn. If you like luxury and will spend a lot of time.e in your room., don't stay here.

Older no frills property. It's clean but definitely in need of some upgrades. You can t beat the location though.

The stay was just fine, because it was about family. The hotel I will pass on in the future.

No eggs. Overpriced for what you get--a good $75 room any day--$200, not so much. I read reviews prior to booking. In my opinion, someone is paying for the reviews.

Pleasant staff at the front desk.

location was great!

the breakfast they offered. very simple. Could of added eggs or something a little more hearty. also the elevator broke when my son, baby and wife were in it, got them out in 10 min but it was traumatic for them when its start to accelerate and drop... and then getting stuck. At the minimum they should of comp'd us a room or a night .... other than that, we did really enjoy hotel and location and would stay there again.

location was great!

Not a good value for the money.
    • Queen Room

Very small rooms. Uncomfortable beds. Fluctuating water temps in shower. No good seating in room.

The location was convenient to dining and public transportation

Met minimum basic requirements. Nothing more than that.
    • Queen Room

Room was small and oddly configured. Bed was uncomfortable. No curtain in bathroom window allowing alarming bright light in very early.

Staff was friendly and efficient.

Served a purpose. Not sure would stay there again.

Pillows and outdated worn look of room

Small flat pillows, very old looking but all we could find. The staff, Heddie?, was super nice and the breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Could look much nicer with a bit of elbow grease!

I would guess inmates have better facilities. Paying nearly $300 a night with parking is a rip off.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wall paper was falling off the walls, mold was growing around the windows. The air conditioner did not work and the room never got below 90 degrees. The bed was as hard as a rock and the pillows smelled funny and were flat. The room was fairly disgusting outside of being swept and dusted nothing else was maintained.

Nothing. The entire experience sucked.

About 10-12 minutes to metro station.

Breakfast could be better, but actually it was typical for two star hotels in the USA. Internet connection could be much better too

About 10-12 minutes to metro station. Nice neighborhood

location good breakfast ok why would you have syrup but...
    • Economy Room

breakfast limited no pancakes No safe or mini fridge in room the price jacked up to almost $200 a nite then offered the day before for $ 150 with a huge canc fee for first rate quote

location good breakfast ok why would you have syrup but offer no pancakes????? Bed was nice no room safe mini fridge or microwave

Very good except for the showers.

I have had many different rooms here and the showers all seem to be messed up. Weak water pressure from them or the showers turn very hot or cold on their own and you have to keep adjusting them or jumping back to keep from being scalded. Some of the water streams in the sinks have been very weak also. The parking should also be free or a lot cheaper since we are guests. It's still a pretty good place to stay but if they'd get these thing cleared up I'd give it a 10.

The location, staff, and room were all fine and are every time I stay here (which is quite a bit).

Glad it was only one night.

I know this is in Chicago, but the cost for our small dog was an additional $75 and the building/room/elevator are very old and small. Window A/C took a few hours to cool down the very small room. Plus an additional $30 to park on their property. Overall it was almost $370 for one night. I do not recommend this hotel.

We chose this location for two reasons; 1 mile from Wrigley Field, and they take pets.

The room served its purpose, simple but comfortable.
    • Economy Room

Bathtub did not have a stopper,something I have observed during other stays at this hotel.

Continental breakfast and assortment of juices. Casual atmosphere of the dining area, no hassles, just efficient self-service.

Staff was friendly and location was good.
    • Queen Room

The bathroom was not clean and I'm not sure the towels were fresh either. Breakfast consisted of bread items and hard boiled eggs. Coffee was not good.

I like that they have parking on site and that you can come and go as you p!ease. (It does cost twice as much as the parking garage but, worth it for the conveience.)

Location was about it
    • Economy Room

Coffee spilled on carpet in room from previous guest not cleaned. Breakfast was only pastry. Room was the smallest I have ever seen. Water pressure was non existent. Was told parking would be available on site but never was. Way too pricey for what is offered.

Location was about it

You don't want to stay here.
    • Economy Room

My room wasn't cleaned. No explanation. Staff said there was a tag on the door indicating the room didn't need to be cleaned. They lied. Also, on-site parking quite limited. I would not stay here again.

Location only, and there are other nearby choices.

Great historic neighborhood hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small bathroom. TV didn't work during period of bad weather (which is the only time we needed it to work). No outlet for phone charger near bed.

Facility very clean. Bed supportive and comfortable. Excellent location in a safe neighborhood with an active night life. Easy access to Wrigley Field as well as bus and trains.

Location was great.
    • Queen Room

Wifi was sketchy at best. Though a continental breakfast was included there could have been a bit more options. Even a waffle maker would have made a big difference.

Location was great. Walking distance to everything we needed including a nice walk to wrigley field

Good location and clean, but not comfortable because the air conditioning and plumbing insufficient.
    • Queen Room

Hallways are dark and stuffy, and the old-fashioned window air conditioner never got the room cool enough to be comfortable. Bathroom was awkward since the door hit the commode. And drains ran ridiculously slow.

Room was clean and as pictured. Bed was comfortable.

Great value and location.

The front entry to the hotel is dreadful, and the temporary construction noise next door will be a problem

The bed and bath were great, and the location was near perfect.

we have stayed here several times over the years - always...
    • Economy Room

we're not staying here again - just not worth it to us unless the they lower the rates - the rooms and bathrooms are small and w/ AirBNB options available for less and for a few dollars more hotels where we can get so much better - this place has outlived its usefulness to us - unless the rates are lowered were passing

we have stayed here several times over the years - always for our Cubs weekends and i like that we can walk to the Cubs games from the hotel and we liked the surrounding neighborhood - its close to the lakefront and surrounding shops and restaurants