Reviews of Inn at Mulberry Grove 3 stars

101 O'Leary Road, Port Wentworth, GA 31407, USA

#7 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth

Couldn't be beaten for the price. Staff was friendly and room was spacious. Access and location were great. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Convenient to everything. Best bang for the buck.

The reason we chose this hotel was due to previous reviews. Unfortunately those reviews cannot be correct. The bed that was supposed to feel like a cloud, was very hard and old. The carpet in the first three rooms we tried were wet, and they claimed they had had the carpets cleaned over a month ago. The shower looks like it was built with kitchen countertops for the backsplash. The breakfast buffet was awful as the only fruit that was on there were black bananas. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The photos on their website including the fountains and the courtyard do not exist.

The sheet on my bed was either still dirty or had a burn on it from an iron--I ended up sleeping on top of the flat sheet. The AC unit smelled like mildew, and it didn't have a cover over the controls so my almost 2 year old was messing with the dials. There is no fan in the bathroom. There were gouges in the wall.

Breakfast was good. Easy location to get to. Also it was nice being able to walk out of my room and go right to my car without the fuss of an elevator.

Cheap flat pillows, first room smelled like weed, toilet leaked,asked for downstairs room at booking but was given upstairs, breakfast nothing like it used to be.

The carpet was stained and dingy looking, the curtains were broken at the top and I had to clip them together so they would stay shut and the hand towel bar by the sink needed a repair.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the stay was affordable.

We experienced racism the whole weekend as we were the only African-Americans (4 of us) there. The manager made it extremely uncomfortable for us for no reason and I certainly did not get what I paid for! All I have to say is to my fellow people, do not even think about staying here or in the city of Port Wentworth as it is not African-American friendly.

Room and facility was old, dingy, with stains, mold, and ungly. We were kind of scared of the bed and linens. No where near the rating shown. At best this place might accommodate field workers with their dirty clothes and muddy boots. And I have to question why my review calculates to a 4.2 as the only things good were location and the front desk employee. I would give this place one star at most.

Everything was perfect. The bed was so comfortable, room was clean and the staff was friendly. Didn't try the breakfast but it looked amazing. I travel in that area quite often and definitely will be staying there again. Very reasonable rates also.

We booked this motel and paid more than we normally would for just a place to sleep because of the promised full, hot breakfast. We were told that the breakfast was served from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. When we needed to leave at 7:20 a.m., everything in the front office was dark and locked up. We were not the only guests who were seeking breakfast, so we are pretty sure we did not misunderstand something. I tried calling the office at 7:30 to say we had checked out and left the key in the room and there was not even an answering service to leave a message. Our hope is that nothing bad happened to the person(s) who should have been on duty, and I did not follow up further after arriving home. We simply did not get the value we paid for.

The accommodations were clean and adequate as a place to sleep. Location along highway near a direct route into Historic Savannah was very convenient.

Our room had a strong smell. We believe the carpets had been cleaned/steamed recently, but not aired out enough to dry.

Both the breakfast and staff was great.

The description online does not match the experience. We arrived at the hotel at 1215 am and the lobby was closed which meant no staff on duty which I was not pleased with. The note on the lobby door was to call a number after hours which we did to find out our key was under the welcome mat in front of our room. We booked the room for two queen beds and arrived to a room with only one king bed. The food for breakfast was very limited and the coffee was terrible. I would not stay here again or recommend it as no staff on duty

Location was good

Housekeeping.They clean the room when I came in looked like someone had taken an nap,so I said something to housekeeping,but they didn’t like it.they also closed the crutian when we left them open.

Front desk staff was awesome,great location,breakfast was hot.people friendly

The breakfast was disappointing. Very little variety or juices and items. The front office was closed when we arrived but at least they did call me and tell me this prior to arrival.

The hotel was clean and easily accessible to the interstate. The beds were soft and the AC worked well.

The security lock had been broken off-looked as though door had been forced open. Not repaired during our 3 day stay. Noise from room above was so loud between 11:30 PM and 2 AM that we had little sleep. The second night we tried to call office several times for help and phone was not answered. That added to safety concern issues.

Price

Everything was cleaned, but a lot of stains, on the floor, bed spread, chair, walls.

Comfortable bed and a convenient stop for my drive from FL up north.

Female employee I spoke to on the phone was very short with me. Carpet by the bed smelled like sour beer. I smelled it all night. Doors open to the outside.

Convenience to the highway. Male front desk clerk was very friendly and professional.

We were expecting breakfast Sunday morning but the area was locked up with no explanation. We wouldn’t have minded if we’d been informed ahead of time. But we’d been led to believe there would be breakfast available by 6:30 am.

Hotel was very convenient from highway, rooms were very comfortable. It was holiday weeekend and they were full, breakfast was adequate. My only concern was no one was avaiable at the front desk until 8 am to answer questions. There was a kind employee attending to the needs of the Breakfast who only worked there 3 weeks but knew nothing of the front desk activities or billing. For a hotel to be full on a holiday weekend I was surprised no one eas attending to the front desk needs. Would deff stay here again.

The room was large clean and modern. The staff was friendly and able to provide reasonably priced dining options. The breakfast was more than I expected. The cost was outstanding especially for the area. Location was ideal for an overnight stop on our way home. Will stay again

There was a couple staying there who got in loud argument at 4:30 In the morning. But that's not the hotels fault.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet.

The walls between the rooms were very thin. We could hear the people in the room adjoining ours and we we woken at 1am by there talking and noise. The entrance door didn't close properly and there was cold air and traffic noise coming in from the space. Our phone was also not working but that issue was not important. The tv was old and the quality was very poor.

The shower worked well.

No pool.

Service with a smile. Sausage biscuits and gravy. Great choices for breakfast and fresh coffee. Rooms clean smelled fresh. View normal for off of I 95.

Only downfall and I don't know if all rooms were like this but room 212 the entrance door has a huge gap at the bottom allowing a lot of noise to come in from the busy street outside as well as the outside air so if it is cold out the cold air will sweep right in, but there is a heater so i was ok. I also put a towel at the bottom of the door to block the air and noise a little.

The staff were very friendly and was a quicj check in and check out process. Plenty of parking. Beds were super comfortable. Overall hotel area was clean as was the interior of the rooms. Breakfast was decent. I liked the location as it was right off the highway and only 1 exit from the major shopping, but had plenty of food and gas right next door.

There was something spilled on the wall by the bed and near vanity that was not cleaned off. The beds weren't very comfortable and it looked like there was not effort to tuck the sheets in. The fan in the bathroom was really noisy. The mirror over the vanity was pretty gaudy and dirty. The check in clerk didn't even know where our room was located. She told us to drive to the other side of the building and it was right near the main entrance.

Convenient location.

The wait to check in, the smell of the room, the condition of the room, furniture and accessories. Stains on bed spread, stains on floor. Broken light bulb with glass on the floor. Bathroom door wouldn't stay open. Channel guide for TV was incorrect. Breakfast was not impressive at all. Wish we would have stayed some where else.

The price

Property is tired, needs paint and some TLC. Construction nearby very messy, making it uncomfortable to use outdoor patio..

Breakfast. General decor. Good heating unit and shower.

For the price we paid, no complaints. It is right off I95, convenient, but a lot of traffic noise during the night and rescue vehicles travel that road frequently. But the breakfast was good, the lady at the front desk was cheerful. The local channels on the TV were not available, and the two lights between the beds didn't work. But we managed fine for one night. They had wifi, plenty of hot water to shower. If you want, 'fancy' this is the not place. But for one night, and the price, couldn't beat it.

Initially the location looked great room smelled clean and they were nice little touches like folder toilet paper

The furniture was in poor condition, and a bit outdated.

I liked the price... before taxes I spent $44 dollars per night through Booking.com. The room was basic, and needed a few updates on furniture in my opinion, but it was clean, well-stocked, and very good value.

Beds not that great, room not that clean. Outside entrances, gaping crack in the door at bottom. Pay a little bit more you get a higher quality room with an indoor entrance and a better breakfast. It would be worth the extra money.

price

The floor could have been vacuumed a little better... found beer caps on the floor by the bed. The toilet was leaking, had to use towels in the middle of the night.

Great breakfast. Very friendly staff.

The water at breakfast was not hot enough for anyone who drinks tea .

Hotel is quiet and staff are awesome. Great convenient to local attractions and nice local restaurants. Wonderful breakfast served by a very cheerful local gentleman. Food was well cooked and presented with real crockery instead of plastic. Food selection changed every day which was a nice surprise. Highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

The noise from others and housekeeping knocking loudly on doors, early.

The price and breakfast were good. The room was decorated nicely. The comfort was okay.

There was only one end table by the bed so that side of the bed was sunk down a little bit while the other side was probably hardly ever used

Good breakfast

A microwave would have been helpful, but was not an absolute necessity. A local TV station list would have also been helpful.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They were knowledgeable of the area and able to direct me to a place to eat. Room was clean. Breakfast simple but good with biscuits and sausage gravy which is one of my favorites.

Not a biggie, but don't expect modern updates like flat screen TV as others have said. Everything was well maintained with the feel of hotels in an era gone by. And if that's the worse people can say, I think they're doing something right.

Good value for needing a quick night's sleep on our way home, reviews were very accurate. It was comfortable and clean with friendly staff. Loved that they had Queen beds rather than doubles and breakfast was included.

We couldn't take breakfast to room but completely understandable

Hospitaity was amazing the breakfast was great and the room was perfect for price.

Can hear next door. Dirty stairwells and the hallway to the unit. Lighting in the room is very low. One bulb missing.

Nice staff. Ok breakfast for the money.

Carpet was weathered/dusty and over powered by carpet refresher scent. Revamping needed in its breakfast options.

Property room has a fair space to move. Property close to the I-95 but not close to any restaurants.

Breakfast was mostly carbs. Need cooked eggs, not boiled ones. AC was old. TV was old and remote control didn't work. Toilet was not bolted tightly to the floor. Bath products were tiny and cheap. Towels were very rough.

Bed was comfortable.

The noise from I95 and the truck stop across the street. Not enough lights in the room and with dark carpeting and furniture, it was very dark Bed was too soft.

Free breakfast was very good. Great waffles. Staff was very efficient. Room was very clean.

My complaints are so few and far between it's as if they don't even exist*grin* , but one thing I would've changed would've been better access to the upper level rooms. I had to pretty much park on the opposite side of the building to get to the staircase that gave me access to the upper level of rooms(which is the level my room was on, obviously)while the location of my room was back around the other side of the building opposite of where the staircase was. Kind of inconvenient. One more thing that I'd have changed if I could would be the length of time breakfast is/was served. It'd have been great if it were extended to at least 10:30am.

I loved just about every aspect of the hotel!! The beds, bedding, attention to detail that went into the fixtures within the room, the cleanliness of the room, and so-on and so-on It was just great!

The breakfast sucked they didn't offer anything that was advertised no eggs, sausage and bacon. There was moldy smell in the room and the room was dusty with a huge red stain on the floor.

The staff were friendly

One room had dirty sheets. The second room was not clean and had 2 total dead roaches. My niece refused to sleep in the room because it was so dirty. She actually went back outside and slept in the van. We all stayed for 4 total hours...just enough to take a little nap (with our clothes still on!!) and then we got the heck out as soon as we could

The staff helped us with after hours checkout

Easy to get to, pretty place to stay, and close to Savannah. Very clean and the staff was very friendly. Great value! Quiet inside, great breakfasts! Beds are very comfortable.

Very thin walls and our next door neighbors started slamming their door at 4:30am and then started arguing outside keeping my partner and I awake. There was unflushed urine in the toilet when we checked in and a soap wrapper; otherwise, things were clean.

The value was amazing and it was decent accommodations along with a very responsive staff.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Bathroom first night had clogged tub, which i had to report. I was given another room. The room I was given for the 2nd night had mold in bathroom, and i had to report also and was given another room.

Right off the highway. Price was reasonable.

The card system (read the good/alright comments). The hot water which I normally love gets hot, but in order to wash my hands without getting burnt I had to turn it on the coldest setting and it was still warm. The only thing cold was the AC and ice machine and fridge. No microwaves in the room to heat up food (we ordered pizza for two days since we were a bit stranded, but it was hot enough to cook them in our car dashboard for about 10-15 minutes, lol) The only microwave I saw was in the breakfast area. Our door security latch as broken, we used the desk chair in the room for extra protection anyway, but I told the lady at the front at check out and she said they knew about it, most rooms had that. There were a few roaches in our shower upon arrival, so we just closed up the shower drain and didn't see one after. The floors should probably get professionally cleaned. I walked barefoot on the carpet for a few hours and my feet were dark brown, upon washing them off, it was like a sticky residue and the towel came out looking like coffee (I'm generally a clean person and wear socks most of the time) Our desk chair had burn holes in them in a non-smoking room. We had room 121 which was right next to the housekeeping door and we think the room was right behind the dryers, cause most of the day we heard them and our bathroom had a vent with no fan, but we heard other fans go on unless it vented our own bathroom. We did have to redo the bed, they did it great, except for the fact, the sheet has halfway on the bed and folded the wrong way so we could grab the sheet at all and the middle blanket wasn't done well, the top blanket covered anything and was very long. It was an easy fix though. I realize that if they update this place the prices will go up, it was nice to find something affordable for a weekend getaway. For being stranded, I did wish this place had a pool.

I came to stay two nights (Saturday check in Monday check out) so we could explore Savannah and Tybee Island on our anniversary, this was the cheapest and best option, even though it is further away. Which would've been great, had my car battery not die on me due to the storm at the Crab Shack (I think lightning traveled and got to my vehicle due to the minor explosion of my battery and battery terminals and leave me stuck until Monday (when I had extra funds come in to help pay for it, so our vacation was mainly at this hotel, we forgot our battery cables and kept calling our insurance for a jump.) The bed was squishy, even though you could tell it was older, the chair older but comfy. The fridge worked, toilet worked, pillows were great, tv worked (however-the channel list above the older tv was not accurate at all and for those wondering HBO is on channel 70 and 71 if you watch Game of Thrones like me). The hot water got HOT. AC works really good. The breakfast was good, it looked like a good amount of stuff, I only wanted the biscuits and gravy though, (they do not want you taking food back to the room, however) The vending machine is a Pepsi Vending Machine, which was near the Ice Machine and outdoor laundry area. The outdoor section where they had a patio and surrounded it with bushes and trees was inviting and seemed very private considering this hotel was right off the road and highway. It was like a private courtyard. When we were checking in the lady was nice, however, I booked a King room and they tried to give me a two queen bed room, I told them I booked a King and she got it fixed, but then my card to the room didn't want to work so I had to come back. The next night, the night lady with blonde hair (sorry I never got names) had to help me again because apparently, my cards went out again to get in our room. I found out their card system only does the card system for one day at a time.

Internet was TERRIBLE. In the mornings it was fine, but after 5pm, it was so slow it was essentially unusable. When I brought this to the attention of the staff, they were unconcerned. Rooms were very dated. Sheets were not soft, and bedspreads were torn. The bed didn't actually have a fitted sheet on it, but a flat sheet tucked in. Towels in the bathroom were small and very thin.

Location was fine, and for the price and area, it was very cost effective. Despite being located on the highway side of the building, noise didn't bother us much.

The breakfast was no good. No meats at all. No scrambled eggs. No muffins. No toast. Only hard-boiled eggs, grits, biscuits, cereal, and waffles. Also you aren't allowed to take the breakfast back to your room. My mother went and got breakfast at the McDonald's across the street due to her dietary restrictions.

The waffles were decent - they were the typical kind where you pour the batter on the waffle iron and cook it yourself. They also had sugar-free syrup available, which was a plus.

I arrived late and used booking.com, the price was good. The room was in poor shape, Old but everything workedBathroom shower was old and cracked and paint was peeling.

I got a good price and right off 95. Location was excellent.

Hotel is extremely dated. Air/Heating unit would constantly trip the breaker. Room has a musty mildew smell from the out dated carpet & furnishings. Refrigerator in room contained a sour odor in it which indicates that it isnt being cleaned out after every guest. The water fountain in the outside patio area covered in green slimey mold which indicates that it hasn't been cleaned or well maintained in a long time.

Extra friendly staff.

The facility is desperately in need of upgrade. Maid service was inconsistent. Though the motel is certainly not dirty, the cleanliness standards could be raised a bit (maids did not always sweep the floors). Rush hour traffic is extremely heavy and noisy.

Front desk staff was very cordial and pleasant. The price was reasonable. The location: is within 10 minutes of Savannah; is across the street from a Pilot station.

Very quaint, even though it was near the interstate. Amazingly clean, and a great value for the money. There is even a washer/dryer on site. Will definitely book again in the future.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

No microwave.

The room was clean but furniture could use a facelift. Staff was extra courteous and friendly. Great location to the interstate and grocery store. Wish they had a microwave in the room but it was ok for one night. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Have variety of breakfast foods until end of breakfast.

It was quiet.Room very clean. Breakfast was good. Everything we needed. Price was awesome! Stayed 3 nights instead of 2.

I didn't like that the hotel was an outside type but it made up for it when I saw the room and saw how safe I felt inside.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and cool. Even though it was an outside hotel type, it felt very luxurious and safe. The bathroom was very clean and new. The staff were very nice and even called me when I left my car keys inside the room! I also liked that there was a historical marker close to the hotel, since our business trip was partly for history.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The furnishings were shabby and very cheap. The wood pieces were all badly scratched up. The old square television cut off the sides of the TV shows. Trash was strewn around the parking lot. Large rusty trailers and other equipment parked in the grass beside the building. Sketchy looking men standing around on the upper level balcony smoking and watching us come and go. The breakfast was not good at all. We left and went to a restaurant instead.

It is a good location. The staff were friendly. The A/C worked well.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The breakfast wasnt good only the pancakes were good the rest it was in very low quality the orange juice tasted rrally bad as well as the lemonade..

Nothing the bathroom sink was not draining the water also the toilet wasn't working properly

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I could hear the highway noise

It was clean and cozy for the money. They had a decent continental breakfast. My room was on the highway side so it was kind of noisy, however, it was very nice for the price I paid and it was convenient to I95

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

See above

Quiet away from the other congested hotel areas but our remote did not work and was put in room that was but in as good of shape of the last one we stayed in with an old tv. No pool area. Breakfast and staff serving was excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Stairs smell like urine. A bath towels was folded along with the clean ones and it was stained with something red and black. Could have been makeup, I don't know. But it was gross

No eggs for breakfast, just cereal and waffles

I discovered bed bugs & the front desk clerk tried to argue with me that it was a spider. Very unprofessional

Nice

Very nice

Non smoking

Rooms were awesome

Value and food

It could be noisy due to the thin walls and proximity to the road. Facilities need renovation.

Friendly staff, good location, clean

lighting, furniture, makes the room gloomy, outdated media(crt tv)

Unable to avail of complimentary breakfast due to schedule.

In was good

Great staff & Good property

A map on line

Quiet

more breakfast choices

Close to the our travel route

Nothing! Everything was great!

The breakfast!

Comfortable beds. Great breakfast. Very nice furnishings in the room.

Very convenient place and nice breakfast.

Browse Inn at Mulberry Grove traveller photo gallery