Reviews of Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel 3 stars

4 West University Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA

#42 of 78 hotels in Baltimore

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was particularly spacious and comfortable. There was ample hanging space and storage for clothes and we appreciated having an ironing board and iron. Everything was very clean and the staff were attentive and helpful. As we were visiting our son at Johns Hopkins University this was an ideal location for us.

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I wish Booking.com would have given me a less expensive room option. I didn’t really need a king size suite with a whirlpool tub. Didn’t even use the sofa area.

the Hotel gave us a room at 7 am after we flew in from a red eye flight for $17 until noon because our room wasn’t ready. We had to move room at noon but that’s ok.

The rooms need sound proofing. You could hear the conversations going on in the hallway and the next room. Considering my stay was for an emergency snow day stay since i needed to be in the hospital nearby, you'd think a discount for the stay would be given or even free parking but no. Still had to pay $24 for parking.

Since it was for an emergency snowday stay it was close to the work place i had to be in.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. The room was sparkling clean, spacious and beautifully designed. The food was fantastic, both breakfast and dinner. I had the larger king size room that came with a whirlpool bathtub. The experience exceeded my expectations.

Very very noisy Furnace.it was so noisy that we preferred to be cold than turning it on.Toilet noisy after flushing for long time until intervention.no safe or small refrigerator

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We didn't want to have to journey far for dinner so we opted for the restaurant in the hotel. Big mistake. There was one waiter, and he was responsible for ALL the tables. It took us 2 1/2 hrs to finish a meal. We couldn't get his attention many times. I wouldn't eat there gain.

I was glad to have a down pillow, and a down duvet, but due to the noise of the traffic outside during the night, I didn't get much sleep. The staff was great.

Sometime the fruits tasted as onion. probably the same knife that was used for other dishes has been used.

The breakfast had a rich bowl of freshly cut fruits. Really tasty

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There were no hooks or towel rails in the bathroom, which meant we were unable to hang up our towels to indicate they didn't need replacing each day. Trying to contact the hotel ahead of our arrival proved difficult as they seemed to have different numbers- none of which actually connected!!

The staff were friendly and helpful; and having the small café on site gave us a good breakfast option.

The morning of the 31st the front desk tried to call me, I was busy, and I had to drop what I was doing on New Year’s Eve to come back to the hotel and sort what follows out. The experience was far from ok, especially because of the quality one would expect from a hotel like this. The hotel proceeded to check us out from our room without us asking for it. The only reason why they bothered to call me was because they tried to charge my credit card for early departure fees and it didn’t go through because I have an European credit card. All this happened and the staff didn’t even check the room where all our belongings still were. When we asked for an explanation, the response was superficial and they treated the issue like a banality that could happen everyday. After they checked us in the second time, we had no longer access to the Wi-Fi.

The room were comfortable, and the manager of the front desk were very nice with us after all the problems we had.

Pay to park, parking garage is a little concerning (dark dungeon looking). Otherwise everything was great.

price, location was great service was awesome.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room got chilly prior to bringing temp back to set point on T-stat. TV remote batteries weak. Restaurant service was a bit slow and inattentive to detail. Breakfast.....waited for coffee, got my own ketchup and butter from buffet after asking for it twice, etc. Difficulty getting out of the garage after check-out. No response upon pushing attendant button, had to re-park, return to front desk. Front desk employee had kept my room key at check out, which was apparently needed to exit garage. She kindly called garage attendant to meet & let us out...all this causing stress in keeping an appointment for which we were late. Felt that self-parking was a bit expensive at $20/day.

Convenient location. King room, overall cleanliness, bed firmness & warm covers/bathroom/shower water pressure/towels/closet space/hangers, etc. flat-screen TV all very good. Restaurant clean.....omelettes and toast were excellent.....offered choice of teas. Friendly personnel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The door slam shut, very noisy.

The room was spotless, temperature comfortable, check-in seamless, a misplaced photo id found. Real smiles, solid staff from front desk to housekeeping.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at a number of Hilton properties: they need to sort out their Wi-Fi, which was flakey to say the least. It would also help if they separately identified vegetarian (and, gluten-free on their menus). They also need to sort out their booking systems (my sister and I both had problems with getting our rooms as booked - which were paid for in advance).

The room and staff were excellent.

I arrived at 9 pm. The shower was broken -- when reported, I was told it could be fixed in the morning. (I was leaving at 6 am.) This is, obviously, concerning, and led to washing my hair in the sink, which is 100% unacceptable when I paid over $150 for a room. Additionally, the sheets were stained with something that looked like chocolate.

The staff were nice and the location is incredibly convenient for John Hopkins.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some staff are nice, but the others are not. The price is too high while not receiving good service and the room is not very clean. Also they never changed the sheet and pillow, I found some blood on it, which should belong to a former customer and didn't seem they have washed it

Helped us changed a larger room.

The service in the restaurant was extremely slow. There was just one waiter serving the Friday evening dinner crowd. The food wasn't very good--it didn't live up to the quality of the food at Johns Hopkins. The contrast was very noticeable.

I like the location. It's close to my son's dorm at Johns Hopkins. The bedd were comfortable, and the room was clean. Our room was quiet even though we were facing the street. The front desk staff are friendly and informative.

The restaurant food and service needs improvement. I've stayed here several times and you never know if your food will arrive promptly or if they'll get the order right. My son order a flatbread with BBQ and instead got a pizza.

We were visiting Johns Hopkins so the location was perfect.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

You should pay 20$ to have a refrigerator in your room.

Nice environment. Close to Johns Hopkins. Good for those who want to visit Johns Hopkins University.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room could have done with a main light source (as opposed to only lamps) and there is a desperate need for more power outlets — there were only two at one side of the bed which were used by the lamp and alarm and none at the other side. It is impossible to close doors quietly so the noise from the corridor is a bit of an issue. The WiFi was unreliable. Bottles of water in the room would be handy and would save guests having to go to reception to ask for some.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Frei at reception was very friendly and welcoming. I was at a conference in Johns Hopkins Uni so the location was fine for that.

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The bed and the sofa bed were horrendous to sleep on, my family got little to no sleep through the night, which was the whole purpose of staying here. We were thirsty after a long hot day only to find out food and drinks are ridiculously expensive, even the vending machines are crazy. And $15 for a breakfast buffet, the least they could have done was keep food filled I got tired of waiting so I left only eating a piece of sausage, a spoonful of potatoes, an egg and a English muffin... A little expensive for a cold egg sandwich. High end prices low end comfort. 😞😞

The hotel is higher end, but so are the prices of the extras, like food and drinks. The front desk lady asked us how our stay was, after she heard, she comped our parking fee of around $20. Very kind of her and well appreciated, but again a little much for tight underground parking. If it wasn't for her efforts I would have given worse ratings.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

House keeping staff does not put bottled water in room even when you give generous tips everyday. Had to ask front desk for it.

The staff at front desk is very accomadating. They even give you cookies when you check in. Feel hospitality.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

I thought the room was really dated, the bed was massively uncomfortable and it was quite noisy at night in the corridor. Room service only from 4-10.30pm isn't ideal

The staff are great. Super helpful, every single one. Cookies were great. Parking availability was good.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The restaurant booked a wedding which closed the restaurant and bar. Guests had to eat at 3 tables in the lobby which was over run all day by the wedding.

It's close to Loyola University Baltimore

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The internet connection was slow for my husband's computer. OK for mine. The bathroom did not have a bidet. The bathroom did not have a bath tub.

Bed was comfortable. They receive you with a warm chocolate chip cookie. There is a coffee maker in the room.I It's across the street from Johns Hopkins campus. Whenever we called Uber or Lyft a car arrived within 2-3 minutes. Front desk people were wonderful. They even spot me with flowers and gave me a vase to hold them.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The kiddies menu was MORE expensive than the adult menu. When we pointed this out we were told the chef made the prices and it was up to him. Kiddies margarita was 15cms and 10 dollars while full size adult margarita was 9 dollars. Absurd. Strange anomalies in the billing on my credit card which adjusted after I questioned it but did not add up.

Warm baked cookies at arrival

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

The sound-proofing between rooms was non-existent. I could hear every word of the conversation of the folks in the next room. (And they wanted to watch TV until 3 AM....)

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The pricing went from an avg of $89 in 2015 to an avg of $169 this year. The property was updated, but doesn't warrant that level of pricing.

Staff is always friendly; however, as a Hilton Honors Member, they would not put me on the Hilton Honors floor because I booked through a 3rd party.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the money spent. The bed was uncomfortable. Was asked to pay extra for parking. And no complimentary breakfast

The place looks great and was clean.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Feather pillows and duvet--ah-choo! We also couldn't seem to adjust the temperature of our room.

Very convenient to the Baltimore Museum of Art. Parking under the hotel was convenient, though I was surprised that there was a charge for it. Lobby staff were exceptional--pleasant, helpful and well-informed, every one.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

While this location was very central for everywhere I needed to go in the region, it was also not very convenient to get to a highway.

Beds and room were very comfortable. Bar & restaurant on premises were nice. Can't beat the fresh cookies! Valet parking was very convenient.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shower too low and the handle was partially broke. Also to cold the thermostat was set at 69 when you got to the 3rd floor. Needs to be more electrical outlets.

Location and the bed

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Staff seemed incompetent. We had to returm 4 times to the lobby in checking in. Wrong room assigned, keys not activated, staff busy on his personal cell phone unavailable to help, no engagement when questions asked regarding hotel grounds and local places to eat. We will not revisit.

Great location for event we attended

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

They messed up our booking and didn't have the original room with two queen beds - so instead we got placed in a "suite" using that term very loosely. Apparently this "suite" was more expensive than our original room... We had a queen bed and sofa bed for 4 of us. the queen bed was comfortable but the sofa bed was the worst thing I have ever slept on. it was literally a bed of nothing on springs- there were springs poking up on us all night, some staples inside the mattress that we could feel and overall just such a dated old sofa bed that could not comfortably sleep a child or an adult, let alone 2 adults. We had the worst night of sleep we have ever had on this bed. The hotel overall was dated, rooms need sprucing, and the sofa bed situation needs an update. This hotel was very expensive for the quality and I would not recommend it

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Quite strange that the coffee shop downstairs didn't have eggs or bread to make a breakfast sandwich in the morning.

Conveniently located near JHU, Good size rooms, basic and adequate.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was not comforable!

Wonderful staff and location as we were visiting Hopkins University. Great restaurants nearby. Room was large and clean but heard street noise from 3rd floor that was a little disruptive.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Tiny bathrooms, no microwave and fridge. Iron board old stained and too big for lack of space, iron steamer was broken, worn on the bottom which left steaks on my clothes, cheap looking furniture, parking fee of $24. For $230 per night total, they definately need better amenities, and free breakfast. The holiday inn express was nicer than this, which had a suite better amenities for only $136 total.

Delicous cookies at arrival. Beds are very comfortable. Recent improvements: flooring, linens, wall finish, bathroom shower and sink are nice.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The AC was Poor with a Very Loud Fan! Could not sleep w it. Would not adjust lower then 65; room temp never below 75 even when maintence man lowered it to 62. Windows opened thankfully for night sleeping. Toilet ran and produced brown brackish water. Room service did not answer. Hair dryer cord was 1' long requiring gymnastics to dry all of hair. Restaurant food poor.

Nice to look at: interior property areas: lobby, halls etc Towels and bedding nice. Comfortable bed. Take out cafe in lobby has good food for decent prices.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The whirlpool tub was not working but was still a nice oversized tub...just no working jets. The ice machine never had ice but room service brought us a huge bowl when we called down!

Our room was always cleaned perfectly and ready when we needed it! They also were quick to bring us anything we needed!

Bathroom walls were dirty

Beds were nicely made.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning too loud, shower leaked, coffee pot missing part

Staff pleasant, convenient, easy parking, bed comfortable

Think the rate should have included breakfast . I opted not to buy breakfast there on site

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Lighting a little bit dark.

Very spacious.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

$24.00 parking that I was not told about until I checked out.

Private balcony

It was just a mediocre experience.

Price

no fridge in the room

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

have to keep relogging into wifi

friendly front desk

everything

• King Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My stay was extremely expensive for a below average to average experience.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Poor room service, unfriendly bar tender, noisy air conditioning

The room was luxurious

Beds were comfortable and the room/bath were clean.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is very costly to stay at this hotel at $20 per night in addition to room rate.

Room was comfortable and the bed was huge

• Queen Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The small whirlpool

The bed

The heating/air conditioning unit is very loud

Great staff, friendly, cordial, professional

The service in the restaurant is really spotty.

The rooms are large and clean.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nice location to the University of John Hopkins.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom facilities are a bit old. Specifically, it was hard to adjust the tap for desired water temperature

The cookie

Wifi

Location to JHU

Hamburger night was fabulous. A late night dinner at the bar had awful service. Breakfast service was fabulous; food not very good.

Very pleasant staff.

Breakfast a little bit price. For what is offered.

Close to the school. Some staff extremely friendly Parking on the street. Valet to expensive.

Location to johns hopkins university baseball field

The non-smoking rooms smelled like smoke and the staff begrudgingly and belatedly offered new rooms.

Excellent team!! People was super nice and always ready to help......

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Staff seemed very short handed so service was very slow in restaurants and for room service.

Beds a little firmer than would expect in hotel

Convenient to JHU

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Cheap design but the room was $$

Showerwas mediocre

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly courteous staff;comfortable bed; very clean; good food; excellent facility all-around.☆☆☆☆☆

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Poor towel management if hangers. Very loud, heard all sounds from Hallway

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Didn't eat there but coffee shop opened early and I was very grateful!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows and mattress not comfy.

Friendly reception. Cleanliness.