Reviews of Best Western the Inn at the Fairgrounds 3 stars

670 State Fair Boulevard, Syracuse, NY 13209, USA

#16 of 26 hotels in Syracuse

Upon arrival we were in a room with an adjoining room. The children in the other room were unruly. We called the desk and the staff was very kind and found us another room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

We stayed there because we were going to an event at the new amphitheater. It was a bit of a walk but we were able to walk to the event and back. We did not have time but there is a steak house on the property and it was packed. We peaked in and it looked and smelled delicious. Fairgrounds are even a closer walk. I would definitely stay there again. We had a boat and they were able to accommodate parking for the boat.

Wi-Fi signal isn't the strongest, and neither is the shower pressure but it's all things that aren't a major factor in hotels for me.

I loved the clean room, the bed was absolutely amazing! And the building was very quiet.

Air-conditioner was very noisy, so we shut it off. Fortunately, the weather was cool so we really didn't need it.

The facility was clean, comfortable, good value.

The bathroom sink took forever to drain and the bathtub itself was stained so it made it look dirty.

It was very clean and extremely easy to get to. Though it was not where I personally would have liked it for the reason I stayed there. However I would absolutely recommend staying here

Not much food selection when I went down, prob just the time. The door by the stairs was not locked at any time I was there. We got back to our room at 11:30 pm-so security was a concern.

the room was very clean, bed was comfy. Have stayed before and was not disappointed.

It was misleading in the shuttle availability and I ended up having to go out of my way and pay extra for a taxi to the airport. I specifically searched for a hotel with a shuttle and was denied any assistance or financial compensation. There wasn’t even any kind of discount for a future visit offered.

• King Room - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

No pool (knew that going in), but when it's hot and sunny, you really long for that. Beds need to be replaced. Not enough counter space in the bathroom! Also, the handicapped bathroom was really only "handicapped" because you could fit a wheelchair in it, but anyone in a wheelchair would never be able to get in and out of that bathtub - very deep tub and NO handrails.

This is just a nice, straight-up hotel/motel. Nothing fancy. Towels and linens were great. Morning breakfast was very good and always kept extremely clean. It is close to the State Fairgrounds, but far away from everything else. There is a little diner up the road but it is not open all day - check the hours. Food was very good there - Suzie's DIner. This hotel is attached to Daniella's Steakhouse and it was phenomenal! They also have outdoor seating when it's nice out, but you are looking at the parking lot.

Cleanliness was awful ants in bathroom. Clog toilets seem to be a problem not only in my room but others as well.

Nice fitness equipment and the adjoining restaurant was nice.

I was kind of surprised I was told they didn’t have milk that i needed for my son and there was a restaurant in hotel . Didn’t see a convenience store near by .

Close to highway and was able to get to Syracuse University in about 15 min .

The staff & Daniella’s restaurant attached although we know it is not a BW property but is the main reason we stop in Syracuse on our way to Boston 2-3 times/year.

Toilet was loose...mattress was less comfortable than expected. Breakfast choices for a hotel at this price point were inadequate. The main complaint was that I booked through booking.com and was given a total price and then the hotel tried to charge MORE!! We came back on Saturday to find our key cards didn’t work and “somehow” our room had been cancelled. Shady explanation by staff. I doubt I will ever use booking.com or stay at this Best Western again.

The location was fantastic. The room was quiet.

The beds were very stiff and uncomfortable. We had loud neighbors in the middle of the night and when we notified the front desk, they did nothing.

The room was clean.

no complaints!

The beds were comfortable and the room was spotless. Great little breakfast with excellent coffee and I am a coffee snob! Stayed overnight to celebrate my husbands birthday at Daniella's Steakhouse which adjoins the hotel. Would highly recommend both.

Beds too hard, water pressure too intense, too much outside noise heard in room, front desk staff untrained, while the food was good restaurant was very expensive.

Excellent food in the restaurant. Location is very close to NYS Fairgrounds.

The bed was uncomfortable. The toilet was messed up and ended up over flowing, the morning we left. There was nobody staffed overnight, when the toilet first started to over flow. My boyfriend was not a fan of the coffee. I understand it’s a hotel, but the soap smelled like clay, and I think better soap still needs to be provided. When we got there, we had about half of a roll of toilet paper, and were only provided with one more roll. I didn’t realize we only had one other roll, until later on when there was no staff to ask for more. Hence why you should always have staff on. There is no smoking area. I had to try to hide myself somewhere, so that I didn’t upset other guests, by smoking on the property. And I didn’t feel all that safe. The location is fine. I’m not sure if the front door stays open, but the side door sure does, and anyone can come in and out. I was also asked online, how I wanted to pay, and I chose cash. I payed cash, when I checked in. Shortly after I checked out, I got a call saying my card wasn’t working. For one, thank god ive gotten a new card, since I booked the hotel ((I was hacked on iTunes and needed a new one)), otherwise I would have been charged twice. Second of all, how can you take someone’s cash, and not mark that it’s been taken? I had to explain all of this to the girl over the phone. She went on to say that it was their MANAGER that took the cash and that it “SAYS RIGHT HERE” that I wanted to pay cash. I wouldn’t stay here again, unless it was the absolute last resort. I paid $112.99 for ONE night, and I wasn’t satisfied at all.

My only complaint is the heater was so loud that it kept us up all night as it clicked on and off.

The room was clean and the staff pleasant. It was close to the Fairgrounds where we were conducting business. The price was fair.

there was very poor lighting in our room. we had to open the curtains to let light in. (we were on the first floor which meant no privacy from the people walking around outside) we also had someone come in to our room within half an hour after checking in. we left to get lunch (gone 20-30 min) when we came back there were items moved in the room and our soap was gone. this made us feel uncomfortable.

Breakfast was delicious, host/receptionist was friendly and helpful

The complimentary breakfast had both hot and cold items from which to choose including scrambled eggs, sausages and make-your-own waffles! We asked for four rooms (we were four families) near each other and they had no problems accommodating us.

Our room was pretty dusty like it hadn't been used in a while. The chamber maid didn't leave us new cups & coffee for 4 days

It is close to the location of the show we were doing. There is a restaurant in the hotel

Hotel didn't have automatic doors which made it very difficult to get in with large suitcases and full hands. Our room smelled like cigarettes, even the elevator smelled and didn't work half the time. I will not return to this hotel.

Breakfast was good.

Outdated, uncomfortable beds, dark rooms, toilet overflowed, we switched rooms, toilet overflowed again, we left early and went to another hotel.

Staff was helpful, restaurant was great

On several days the room was not cleaned. We had to let the staff know, and even after that, it happened again. The bed were not made appropriately. The tub was old and had scratches on the bottom. There were mold spots on the shower curtain.

The room was big and the restaurant inside the structure was good.

The coffee seemed a bit bitter but that is completely okay because the breakfast was excellent,the room was nice & very clean & the customer service was excellent.

The breakfast was great & the young woman who was working when we arrived & throughout the night was extremely courteous,pleasant & accommodating.She also seemed like she was a very hard worker who kept busy all night. I walked outside to smoke 3 times & she was always at the front desk cleaning or organizing. She even made sure we got to make a waffle a couple minutes after breakfast was completed. I stay at hotels often & will definitely come back to this hotel when visiting my family in Syracuse because of this excellent service.

While this hotel is a tad on the older side of many properties, it is clean, comfortable and priced right! The breakfast is good and plenty to choose from and more importantly, the coffee was good! We will be returning again next year should the prices remain the same!

Location. Chose because the map showed it close to the interstate; however, to get to the hotel was not a "straight shot," but a complex route that was made more difficult to navigate because we were traveling two hours after darkness's arrival.

Breakfast is average for the hotel's classification.

The waffles were great! We were in town for a rabbit show at the fairgrounds and staying at the BW was very comfortable and convenient to where we had to be. We will definitely stay there again

Sink is clogged. Bed is hard as a rock. The person that we talked to when we got there was about as exciting as a rock. Very cold and not welcoming. Now when we left the guy that checked us out was very nice and accommodating nice and talked to us nicely. The tiny bottle of all in one shampoo and conditioner was not enough for someone with longer hair. We didn't pack it because it was one night and knew the hotel had some. Guess I could have asked for more. I think for 135 bucks it would have been better.

I liked that the Fairgrounds were right there down the road which is where we went for Grand Finals Rabbit show. That was about it.

The mattress needed to be changed and there are no eateries within walking distance especially for dinner , had to drive downtown. The Steakhouse downstairs was good but a little pricey.

Parking and breakfast was good and the room was clean.

The beds were horrible. Felt all the springs in the bed- when yo moved it sounded like the springs were resting on a board in the bed. Room had two full size beds. One was better than the other, but still not very comfortable. On check out, I complained about it and was told that they would be upgrading all the beds next year sometime.

Overall room cleanliness was good, staff was very good. facilities overall were good.

More veggie options at breakfast

Great service, prices, friendly, accommodating staff , clean, quiet , comfy beds , easy access to most of Syracuse activities... just a 10 min drive to downtown Including sporting events at SU, walking distance to the State Fair.

Bed mattress was hard. Air conditioner noisy. Room carpet could have used a good cleaning. Otherwise clean & comfortable.

Great front desk staff. Included breakfast.

Room could have been cleaner. Dust/dirt on Telephone. Toilet needed more cleaning around rim. I reported to housekeeping and they cleaned toilet rim. Room needed more light, only 2 lamps.

I liked the stay overall, my only complaint was when the housekeeping remade the room for us, they did not vacuum and stuff was all on the carpet.

I liked how close it was to the Fairgrounds, made it handy for the horse show! Also I liked the size of the room, and the beds were quite comfy.

Most of the staff was helpful & friendly. The cleaning lady knocked several times and woke us up even with our do not disturb tag on the door.

Front desk employees were helpful and polite. The TV in our room was very nice.

The man at the desk had no idea what he was doing. Put me down as a no show and charged my credit card twice. The manager has still not taken care of the problem.

The room was very clean and it was nice to have the restaurant right there.

Now the breakfast the next morning supplied by the hotel isn't anything to write home about.

The bar at the onsite restaurant Daniella's is always fantastic! Bar tender Brian always takes care of our group, along with everyone else at the bar. Makes you feel welcomed like a "regular" Our group has stopped in/ stayed at this location just a handful of times and Brian remembers us every time, that kind of service is hard to find. The location is great if you're attending an event at the amphitheater or your going to the fairgrounds. The shuttles to and from the events are a plus too, a little bit of a walk but do-able.

The room was pretty expensive at 206 per night considering the room quality.

Daniela's steak house attached to the hotel was amazing! One of the best steakhouses in the country! I only eat seafood and the tuna was excellent!

Breakfast included but it ended at 9 am. Early after a concert the night before for some.

Comfortable beds. Very close - walk to the Fairgrounds and Lakeview Amphitheater by shuttle to fairground parking.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be. The tub was a bit dirty and the toilet paper holder looked like it had never been cleaned

The bed was very comfortable

Front desk was the worst experience that I've ever had. My reservation was "lost" even with a booking number. The young man seemed half asleep and mumbled through my 15 minute attempt at checking in. Key cards did not work--twice! Will not stay here again.

Room was clean and breakfast was typical but fine.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The manager Dave was horrible After we checked in at 1:30 am our room key would not open so all our stuff was locked in the room and they were not able to get another key until the next day. We were not able to have our belongings including medicines The manager was not diligent in coming to the hotel to solve the problem. And he did not care. Insolidaridad not give my business to them anymore. I wish the best western chain could do something.

Very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Didn't like the mold on the bottom of the shower curtain, and the first room they put us in was not cleaned after the guest before we arrived witch was around 5 pm. Also had to park in the snow in the yard due to lack of parking spaces, due to the lack of proper snow removal.

The breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Room - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good at all. The sausage was cold. Could use some different food options for low carb or sugar feee diets.

I likes how quiet it was and the front desk guy was really helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

First room the bathroom sink didn't work. Second room smelled like smoke despite being non-smoking. Dirty towel in first room. No breakfast or even coffee in lobby.

Clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The location is in the middle of no where, nothing in walking distance from the hotel, hotel and Bathroom looks old. Breakfast is very basic No Pool just a tiny Gem

just about 5 min. far from Destiny mall, Room size is good Nice staff

Lied about airport shuttle, front desk was poorly manned, staff was disinterested in assisting with any issues

Adequate comfort and cleanliness, edible complimentary breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

The staff were pleasant and friendly. The room and entire facility was clean. The breakfast was excellent. Very happy with the hotel will definitely be using it again and recommending it to friends,

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The lighting in the room.

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent! I'd go back there just for the restaurant alone.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Only restaurant on site was quite pricy - and we had to travel a bit to find a more reasonable alternative. Generally staff were fine, but not particularly helpful.

Hotel was reasonably easy to get to, a bit out of the town. Hotel itself was comfortable - certainly for our one night stay.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

I could not find glasses for water until the morning, when we were about to leave. There were none in the bathroom.

Bed was comfortable; my friend thought that the bed was hard. We got up too late for breakfast. Nice clean room.

Places to eat. I found Danielle's to be rude to people who were not locals. wait time for the food was over 1 1/2 hours for just a cheesesteak.

I like the hotel overall.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The air in the common areas of the hotel did not smell fresh. The room we stayed in, specifically room 106, was not well ventilated and the smell was a combination of mold and sweat. Luckily we didn't spend much time in it as we merely just went to the hotel to sleep. But sleeping was not better either as the bed was uncomfortable to sleep in because the sheets were damped and sticky due to poor ventilation in the room. All in all, it was like sleeping in a poorly ventilated basement.

I liked the coffee, the waffle machine, and the free parking.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Location was conveniently close to Destiny USA mall and the fair grounds.The free breakfast was nice on the first day but after day 2 and 3 of the same kind of food it got a bit tiring.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Bathtub/shower does not have any grab bars. Have to step into tub for shower. As mature person this is difficult and unsafe.

Very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Room Selected at Checkin

When we first arrived there was a sign on the front desk saying someone would be back in 20 minutes. That was a bit unnerving since we had a concert to attend and time was a factor. However, the girl showed up after I hit the bell and was very helpful and kind. Maybe just change the note to, "Please ring for service."

I have been to many Best Westerns and yours had the best breakfast buffet. The area was spotless and the woman in charge kept everything fresh and was extremely polite.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

There was a bell at the desk to ring when we arrived; it was answered quickly but no staff in office when we arrived.

That there was a good restaurant on premises; rooms were large & comfortable, included breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

complaining about booking with booking.com, unfriendly personel, talking on the phone (most likely privately, seemed to be not very interested in the job she's doing) She mixed up our bookings and then said we were at fault. In an instant she then found our other booking. Cleaning team forget to put an TV remote in the room, we had to go to the main desk and ask for one. On the backside of the motel there are railways and the interstate, disturbing at night

Steak House in the Motel, friendly waiter, good food, would eat there anytime again.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

The location is remote from Syracuse,next to high way.It is very dark at night and easy to get lost when driving.

The room is quite clean,and receptionists are enthusiastic and warm-hearted.Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The location: part of the instructions I was given were 'take exit (x), then drive up 'largely abandoned, rust belt epoch buildings' for about a mile, ... you'll see it under the bridge." Under the bridge. No joke. And that's after you take a nail-biting tour through the edge of the city (mumbling to yourself 'this can't be right, can it'?), the buildings to the left of the road look turn of the century, huge and probably mostly abandoned." Googlemaps had sent me on a tour through downtown 'recovery' locations (which seem to be working - providing renovation/revitilization of the old city center) but was the wrong side of town for the hotel.) The building itself was well maintained but poorly built. The decor was 'mid 70s Brady Bunch'... various permutations of brown and orange... and appeared to have never been renovated since the building's construction. The walls were thin, the stairs actually bowing in the middle of each step. But the staff really are helpful and I can appreciate that they're doing the best with what they have. The bed was fine. The TVs were good, 47" or something. There was no hot tub. I found this site while looking for 3 stars or more on booking.com. There is no way this place is 3 stars. It is 1 with a tailwind.

Concierge was helpful and obliging. She 'talked me in' as I negotiated the labyrinth to get to the hotel.

The steak house on property is excellent!

Hotel looks like it’s been upgraded some. Nice surprise.

The breakfast was not very good. Cold eggs,sausage not cooked enough, bacon raw. Left a lot to be desired

Nobody was at desk when we checked out, a sign said be back in 5 minutes. We waited 30 minutes and just left the key at the counter.

Hotel was clean, nice restaurant attached.

I arrived after 3 PM and the room wasn't ready but I didn't have to wait long.

I just needed a place to sleep and it fit the bill.

No nearby restaurants. The one at the hotel was way too expensive for families.

Comfortable and clean rooms.

The choice of eggs and there was no bacon.

The waffles were good

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Priced high

Jacuzzi suite was very relaxing

Nit chsnging the bedings and trash can

free wifi

B-fast was good

Everything was just fine

Noisy heater

Convenient location, clean

The staff were really friendlly! Thank you girls!!

U