Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North 3 stars

1200 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA

#34 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

It was ok for non-pet customers.

It was a pet friendly hotel without and green space for pets to walk. It was surrounded by construction.

Staff were great, room was clean and comfortable.

I don't think I'd pick LaQuinta again.

There was a foul odor mixed with the scent of marijuana on the floor and the cleanliness was not up to par. There was hair in the shower that clearly was not mine because I had not showered yet, the towels were dingy, and there was no floor towel placed in my bathroom. The USB charging station didn't work and I forgot my plug at home. I was just shocked at how different it was from another location which is why I booked it for my trip.

The staff was pleasant

Rooms great!

They advertise to be close to the airport, but be advised, they mean the national airport, NOT the international. From the international you need to take 2 buses... Both free but you'll be travelling about 45 minutes at least total.

Rooms great! spacious and bed was very comfortable. Friendly staff. Located next to restaurants.

Room was clean.

Hotel room doors don't work properly. Front desk help not helpful and unfriendly. Area was sketchy for a woman traveling solo.

Room was clean. Shuttle driver was polite.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

THERES NOTHING I DIDNT LIKE

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT FROM THE SHUTTLE SERVICE TO THE STAFF THE ROOM EVERYTHING WAS GREAT THIS WAS MY SECOND TIME STAYING HERE AND I WILL BE STAYING AGAIN

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Comfortable, clean hotel that offers easy access to the airport.

Need more comfortable seating in the lobby and at back entrance.

Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Airport transfer. Comfortable beds. Clean room. Fridge and microwave. Easy checkout.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Location to the Amphitheater was great.

The room door only had the one door lock and not the extra bar lock. Also there was no small room safe for like a wallet.

Location to the Amphitheater was great.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good location, comfy bed but too loud if you need to rest.

We stayed in room 601. The room was tidy but the bathroom needed service. The drain in the shower was extremely clogged and did not drain quickly enough so you would be standing in a puddle. Noise from the bar across the street was soooo loud. Not a good sleep even with earplugs.

Staff was nice and helpful. We received a small discount for shower drain problem. Bed was comfy and location to airport was convenient with free shuttles running 2 times per hr. Breakfast was great!

Property was very clean, staff was very very nice especially...

Can’t think of anything I didn’t like

Property was very clean, staff was very very nice especially front desk clerk L’ Oreal she was very very busy and was still very professional. Room was clean and very big

Well worth the money.

Hard to get in contact with guest services via room phone.

I loved everything. No real complaints. Had a king room, 2 guests and 1 pet. Pets stay free. There is a limit though. Lobby was well decorated. Breakfast is free but didn't try it. Room was immaculate. Bed was comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Shower was dope, had 2 heads. One is removable. Airport shuttle available.

Need to read this

Had to wait over an hour to get room because no rooms were available due to computer issues. No offer to discount room for our troubles. Until this is solved I will not recommend this hotel! We love La Quinta but this was very frustrating!!

Location was great and very clean!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Clean, staff was very friendly and helpful.

Clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. Lots of free parking. Modern appearance. Pictures online are accurate. Gym was small but nice.

Amazing staff, no one I met was unfriendly.

The parking honestly sucked. But I’m also not used to the Atlanta area.

Amazing staff, no one I met was unfriendly. The facility was clean and all around nice

Convenient hotel near the airport.

Wish the cost to park for our trip was not $10 per night.

This hotel is close to the airport. They have a good shuttle. There are several restaurants close by. We parked our car there for our trip.

A comfortable and secure place to stay near the airport.

Unlike the statement on booking.com about not being charged until your arrival the card I had used to secure the reservation was charged prior to my checking in. Lessons learned: (1) Don't believe everything you read on the property listings (2) Businesses don't feel bound by what was said on a third party website.

Very clean room and enhanced security at the guest parking so your vehicle slept well too. The location was very convenient to the airport and to the Atlanta Medical Center - South hospital we were visiting.

initial condition of room air condition is disastrous condition - ruined my nights sleep. video i hv

in room 209 - the air conditioner was running like a jet engine - came late at night to check in room - after got in to the room - did not have strength to go to reception or ask to change the room - but the condition of the air conditioner totally not acceptible when giving to a customer - my 5 yr and 3 yr old and me totally could not sleep. the next morning when i talked to the lady at reception - she was indifferent while talking - but gave us another room - did not apologize or worked towards my discomfort - i am also leaving this not so happy review in google maps too. ruined mine and my kids sleep and never even apologized for the inconvenien. i have video of the same if you want to see. i can share.

food - outlook - parking -

Will stay here again!!

It was very warm in the hallways and elevator made it a little uncomfortable when walking in and out of room.

Breakfast was really good! The staff was very nice and professional. Room was very comfortable.

Great location, nice rooms.

The check in staff were not very good. They were more rude than anything. She didn’t tell me my total before she took my card and swiped it, and was not very helpful throughout the stay.

Great location, nice rooms.

Very close to the airport and it has an airport shuttle that...

The wait to check-in was long. There was only one person at the counter and she had to check the guest in and ring up purchases from the snack bar.

Very close to the airport and it has an airport shuttle that runs until 1am.

Comfy and convenient accommodation but disappointed with customer service on arrival.

Arrived at the airport early morning and transport did not arrive as suggested on telephone recorded message. After waiting for 3 buses had to get a taxi. The lady on reception was very unsymathetic and unhelpful. No offer of a refund for taxi. I wanted to pay for the stay by cash but this was not possible and a charge had already been made to the card which I used to make the booking without checking this was a correct one. This needs to be clearer on the booking arrangements.

Secure property, facilities and clean comfy room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

We had an issue with guest on our floor, we called down to...

We had an issue with guest on our floor, we called down to the front desk. It was handled quickly and properly! Staff were EXTREMELY friendly from the time we hit the door! If I’m ever in Atlanta again, I’ll definitely stay here! Very clean! Bed were very comfortable!

Comfortable stay in a very nice room close to ATL airport.

The air conditioning in the was weak, especially considering that the hotel is in Atlanta, GA where the temperature was above 90 degrees even at night.

Check-in was quick and easy and there was plenty of parking onsite. The room well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning was also very nice.

Always Excellent! Clean and so hospitable!

We haven’t found a negative yet. This place is a frequent hub for the business professional, families, and anyone with short dealings in ATL. It’s professional clean and prompt in everything you could need.

Close to airport. For us this is huge! Also the front desk has always been manned by the nicest most efficient staff. Breakfast is delicious and has such a variety of items to select from. Beds are so comfortable as is the standard for La Quinta. We stay at them for their beds and linens! So luxe. Walls are concrete so sound is not an issue. There are jets flying over and you don’t even notice. Close to Ruby Tuesday’s you can walk to a decent dinner. Nothing negative about this place and have stayed her multiple times.

The breakfast was great.

One of the elevators was not working...and the other one was being used by staff and customers. No A/C in hallways...and they vacuumed outside our. Room at 8:45 at night. Front desk had no idea elevator wasent working.

The breakfast was great.

Would not stay there again.

There was a very strong room deodorant smell that caused me to have a severe asthma attack. I was stuck overnight in Atlanta due to weather without my luggage. There was no shampoo for taking a shower. It was very loud with people talking , partying all night.

Well located ab

Well located and comfortable place with a competitive rate. Bre@kfast was good. Room was clean and the air conditioning was great! Important when traveling in the South during the summer.

Poor hotel which was over priced.

The air conditioning unit in my room was very, very noisy. I reported it in the morning and the duty staff could only say sorry about that despite being unable to get very little sleep.

Clean, cheaper than most and close to airport also close to...

No bathtub, but that’s a personal choice and you could hear when the doors were shutting on your floor.

Clean, cheaper than most and close to airport also close to some good restaurants.

A great place to stay if you have a flight or need to get someone to the airport.

I didn't like that the people in the room next to us were nosey after 11. However, when I called the front desk, they had security handle it immediately and it ceased. Getting out the security gate was a little confusing at first. Also, I planned to stay again in two weeks but the price almost doubled for the upcoming weekend.

The location, staff and amenities were what I needed for this overnight stay. The breakfast was good and the free shuttle to the airport was quick and Mike the shuttle driver was the best.

Excellent place to stay

Getting out of the parking lot was a lil difficult. You have to wait for someone to buzz you out.

I enjoyed everything. The staff was friendly. The room was excellent & the location was just right. I thought I was going to hear planes all night but I didn't hear anything. That's a big plus to me.

too expensive for the poor quality

The hotel had various issues we did not like. It seemed to have had a face lift recently, but done very cheaply and without care to details. The towel handle broke while during our stay. The breakfast was average. I just thought we were getting something and in the end we overpaid for the quality of accommodations.

Unlike many hotels, the breakfast area had plenty of room.

Good location. Airport shuttle.

Breakfast was limited.

Airport shuttle was a great help. Bed was very comfortable. Very little noise considering its adjacent to airport. I enjoyed my stay, was a nice resting spot for a tired traveller.

The manager, well I guess he was the manager, was Excellent!

Bathroom needs updating.

The manager, well I guess he was the manager, was Excellent! He’s going to be president of lá quinta hotels before too long. Excellent customer service. Professional. Smartly dressed. Even cleaned up our breakfast dishes as a courtesy.

The attractions surrounding the laquinta were pretty cool. As far as my stay there,I wouldn't return

Cleanness of the hotel.

I can't say much,I had gnats flying around my head the whole time I was in my room. The good thing about my stay was visiting the crab spot across from the hotel.

Overall, a nice hotel for the money.

The staff did not speak much to you when checking you in or out. The owner ( I am guessing ) that was at the front desk was very condescending.

The airport shuttle was a plus. Breakfast was nice. Rooms were clean. Next to the airport but you did not really notice the noise at all.

This property was very nice very clean very convenient being...

I have no complaints everything was great

This property was very nice very clean very convenient being as tho I was only there for 1 night needed to be near airport and they also had shuttle service so I didn’t have to pay an Uber room was nothing but comfy and those beds one of the best sleeps in a while I need to buy me one of those lol

Ok

Didn't like that only 1 tray of welcome cookies were put out per day & once they were gone no more were put out. My grandson's ages 4 & 9 were so disappointed because by the time we checked in that one day's tray was up already empty. If you can only afford to put out one tray I suggest don't put out any at all. Children do not understand this concept.

Loved the breakfast options but time frame is too short.

Nice hotel to stop over between flights or if you have an early start.

All in all - pretty good.

Nice breakfast, good location, excellent airport shuttle (note that South is closed at Atlanta at the moment, so traffic for car users is terrible).

We got there late and left early We slept only 3 hours

Elevator Malfunction

We got there late and left early. Didn't use many features. The elevator malfunctioned. We had to walk up 6 flights of stairs..

Best sleep in years!!!

The customer service was excellent. When that's up to par Ann's beyond everything else goes well. Even my mom said that she hasn't slept so good in years

Great place to stay!

Very clean rooms and very friendly/ helpful staff at an affordable price. Also, the shuttle makes it so convenient if you need to get to the airport... even at 4:30 a.m.

Well situated for access to airport and the destinations for...

Time spent at the front desk as there was only one person there. A minor nuisance getting into and out of the parking lot as the gate could not be actuated with a room key, but required front desk action.

Well situated for access to airport and the destinations for which we made the visit.

My stay was excellent.

I wanted to pay cash at hotel but it was automatically deducted from my card which I used just to hold the booking.this was a business trip and I asked that the receipt be signed and stamped however the clerk refused to do so. I was dissapointed so I decided not to book with this hotel on my return trip. It is unlikely that I will be reimbursed due to her refusal to just stamp or sign the receipt to at least confirm authenticity.

Overall pleasant but rooms were smaller than expected.

There was a strange odor on the floor I stayed on so air freshener would be helpful & hall temperature was warm & air didn't seem to be circulating well in hall. The pool could've been cleaner.

The variety on the breakfast items was good.Hotel was quiet.

Very clean and comfortable, so I would return.

The fake perfume smell they pump into the lobby.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The area had many choices of restaurants you could walk to, which was nice. Very heavy traffic on streets.

Great for an overnight layover

The airport shuttle only runs from the domestic terminal

Free airport shuttle running constantly, good breakfast. Very helpful staff who gave us good recommendations for dinner. Easy WiFi access.

No frills clean accommodation with very good value for money paid.

Would be helpdful If airport shuttle schedule and operation hours were posted on Booking.com and hotel's website.

Proximity to Delta Flight Museum which is only a 10-15 minute walk away, Malone's is just a stone's throw away.

Checked-in tired, Checked-out exhausted...

We arrived from a 12h intercontinental trip and were very tired. They gave us a room from ground floor just across the lobby and dining area. It was so noisy from people talking and laughing all night so that we could not sleep and had to checkout tired. I've never seen such a bad design of room arrangement in my life. They could have put a door to the hallway or something to separate the rooms from the area. Anyway, my advice to you if you happen to book this hotel that do not accept rooms starting with 1XX especially 108. As this is an Airport hotel people come all night long. Do not say I didn't warn you...

The beds where comfortable, breakfast was good, it was close to the airport, car parking available.

I'll be back. I got the re st I needed and staff was always friendly. Loved it there.

I was on vacation and breakfast ending at 9am was a little taxing. I didn't realize there were no kitchenettes at that particular property. I wanted to cook while away from home. I seldom get to because of work.

The staff was very nice. Yannick and the desk staff were pleasant always and Leticia in housekeeping is a gem.

We enjoyed the hotel.

We enjoyed the hotel. Everything was neat and clean. Fun decor and easy to get to from Atlanta. The beds and room were comfy and had everything we needed. No airport noise at all. Breakfast was great, lots of options!

Needed to be near the airport for early flight - this was perfect and there is a shuttle too.

Someone running the vacuum cleaner at 11.30pm in the next room, when I had to get up to catch the airport shuttle at 4am :(

Very clean and well apportioned room for 1-night stay. Airport shuttle but was excellent bonus and I could leave my car at the hotel.

It was okay.

The front desk staff. Upon arrival the the front desk told my boyfriend “motel 6 is down the street.” He arrived before I did and the reservation was in my name. They treated him as though he didn’t belong.

The location.

It was very comfortable and relaxing also everything is in walking or driving distance I love that.

One of the employees had an attitude and her name is (Crystal) I didn’t like her response to one of the guest when they asked her if she can open the door to the rest room and her response was (Don’t you have a key?) when the guest said no, she grabbed the key from the front desk walked over and opened the door in an angry demeanor. I did not like that at all.

The professionalism of the staff and how they greet you with a smile. The staff is also very courteous and helpful in answering any questions you have in regards of places to go and things to do I like that.

Room was comfortable, breakfast was good.

We had two rooms booked, one was a little worn but the other was good. Thought we would have had rooms on the same floor since I booked them together. Waited over 30 minutes for shuttle and it never showed. Another hotel shuttle took the four of us plus two other waiting to go to the Drury Inn.

Room was comfortable, breakfast was good. Manager very pleasant in AM. Lady at desk recommended a taxi in the morning to take us to International terminal. This was a wonderful idea.

Good

That there wasn’t much of a discount for either being military or for being there for a Delta interview. It was definitely a lot of money for one night and I had to check out early.

Friendly staff

Very clean and attractive room.

...but the bed pillows were unbearable and the curtains/shades couldn’t compete with the klieglight that shone from the parking lot into my room (#118) all night making it difficult to sleep. All in all a very sleepless night.

Very clean and attractive room...

Great hotel to stay at near airport

Room was comfy. Bed was comfy. Nice big bathroom. Plenty of food within waking distance. Shuttle service is a bonus. Really surprised at how nice this hotel was.

the bed was very comfortable.

the noise from door closing constantly throughout the night from other rooms kept me up. It was a constant loud slamming of the doors.

the bed was very comfortable. the staff was very friendly and room was really clean.

Nice stay at a reasonable price - will book again when needing a hotel near Hartsfield airport.

The bed was comfortable & not rock hard like so many hotel beds. Usually I feel like I'm sleeping on the floor. The breakfast was good but the breakfast staff seemed overwhelmed by the number of people showing up at one time to eat so they were running out of various items. Seemed the hotel was fully booked. The hotel itself looked remodeled and beautiful. Would stay here again when needing a hotel near the airport.

Great breakfast but ran out of eggs and batter and kept...

A woman walked into our room. The staff had given her a key to our room. It was crazy getting it straight

Great breakfast but ran out of eggs and batter and kept saying they would get it but 30 later we needled to be on our way

Worked for what we needed it for

Cleanliness was a big problem, there was many(dozens) of long black hairs throughout the bathroom entrance area and no they were not mine I have blonde hair

Loved the airport shuttle and breakfast

Clean room, location close to airport

Front desk made a mistake and gave another person our room when we were in it. Guest walked into our room while we were in the room.

Clean room, location close to airport

It was a comfortable, stress free stay for our entire family including our 2 fur babies!

We came to ATL to see our daughter off at the airport on a school trip. Last minute kennel fell thru so we brought our dogs. Everyone was so nice!! My Hubby is handicapped and the room was nice and spacious.

Other than no housekeeping services , everything else was fine .

Housekeeping did not come in our room even though we were gone from 7am to 9pm. Dirty towels still laying on the floor , did not leave clean towels , take out trash , or make the beds. I had to go to front desk to get clean towels at 9:30 pm. They apologized and said they would find out what happened but was never given an explanation.

Beautiful clean and a good layout.

The facilities were really nice...but, it seems that they didn't fix little things like the light switch was crooked...and molding and trim were missing in the bathroom.

Beautiful clean and a good layout. Really updated and modern. Easy to get to using the shuttle from the airport. Shuttle was convenient leaving on the 5 and 35 of every hour. Also, the continental breakfast was hot and had lots of choices.

Clean, comfortable, friendly hotel. Close to everything we wanted to see -Ruby Falls etc.

Nothing, the hotel more than met our needs. The value for the money was great. We loved our stay and would definitely go back.

The room was clean and comfortable. It had everything we needed. Microwave, fridge, pull out sofa in the living room area was comfortable for an adult. The suite saved us money by not needing an additional room. The staff was friendly and professional. The breakfast was good. Plenty of outlets for devices. Close to attractions we wanted to see and close to the highway.

We were flying out of the Atlanta airport so we paid to park...

We were flying out of the Atlanta airport so we paid to park and ride shuttle. It was so much easier! When we flew back, the staff was just as friendly as when we checked-in!!

Good value for so close to airport

Staff were very nice and helpful. Room spacious and clean. Good Wi-Fi. Shuttle service very efficient and punctual. Malone's restaurant just over road - nice beers and good tucker.

This place was a red roof then they go till six and now still has the same terrible elevator

I tried to speak directly to hotel personnel about parking. Was repeatedly directed to national reservation center and they could not answer question. So... if there is a local number to dial.. answer the phone

The staff was awesome especially Donald!

There isn’t an exhaust vent in the bathroom, the cover of the air conditioning/heating unit didn’t stay up and the elevator button was broken/loose at the main floor

The staff was awesome especially Donald!! Best check-in experience EVER and the music playing was awesome! I didn’t partake in the free breakfast but I plan on it next time I visit! The beds were extra comfy!!!

Overall it was good

They would not give me the price for parking that was quoted. I showed her the email & she said since I booked with a third party sometimes their info is not correct. I was charged $10.00 more than what was quoted. Also there was no shampoo only conditioner.

The hotel was excellent!

Great airport hotel

This was one of the better airport hotels that I stayed at. The staff were all very friendly and its location was perfect, being close to a ton of restaurants and two liquor stores.

🔥

I roc wit the location its in a great spot not to far from everything. The hotel is dope, clean, nice look and everything. Me and wifey have stayed there twice.

Disappointing.

My initial room was not made up and I was moved to a smaller room. I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a noisier room anywhere. It sounded as if the kitchen was directly next door but I could also hear the rooms on the other side and above.

Bed was fine as was bathroom.

All in all. Very nice stay. We would definitely stay here again

Wished we could have bought a bottle of wine in the lobby. We had no car and it was too cold to walk. M

Very clean. Close to airport. Great breakfast. Dreamy bed! Good restaurants near by.