Reviews of Comfort Inn Edison 2 stars

831 Route US 1, Edison, NJ 08817, USA

#6 of 12 hotels in Edison

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Under our circumstances it was good except noted above.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub was very slippery, almost fell. And the room had a moldy smell and feel to it. Our clothes always felt damp.

The staff was very friendly, the rooms clean. The coffee was good

Comfort with a capital C.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Comfort Inn Edison is just that - Comfort with a capital C. I've stayed in Comfort Inn in Rutland before, and I loved it, so I chose Comfort Inn in Edison too. It's situated 10 minutes ride away from both Metuchen and Edison train stations, which is great if you're travelling to/from NYC. There's a big supermarket just outside the Inn, as well as a Dunkin Donuts and 7/Eleven shop. A bit futher along the Old Post Rd there are a lot of cafes, stores and a big pharmacy+supermarket. I arrived earlier than the check in time, but they still checked me in without extra charge. The room itself was very very clean and well lit and spacious. The bed was extremely comfy (almost didn't want to leave it in the mornings, haha), with the bed sheets cryspy clean and fresh. The fridge and a desk are quite useful if you have to work while staying in the hotel. The room also had all the necessities - hair dryer, bathroom stuff, even an alarm clock. Plenty of parking space and a smoking area outside the inn. The breakfast was standard and tasty - toasts, wafles, scrambled eggs etc. The 24/7 coffee zone and ice machine was a pleasant suprise. Will definiely stay here again if I travel to Edison, it's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

Ok place if you need to be in Edison
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Not in a very pedestrian friendly part of town. Asides from Bishoy, most front desk staff didn’t seem that Interested in helping/providing local tips or information (one guy was always in his phone when I went to the front desk). Free breakfast was below average, baked goods never seemed fresh fresh and fruit seemed old.

Room was a good size but did have a slight musty smell. It’s quite close to a few shops and a 7Eleven. Bishoy at the front desk was amazingly helpful! I would have been lost without him.

Location was great.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

I’ve stayed at this hotel every other Thursday and Friday nights for two years. But this trip was the worst I’ve ever had. I always ask a room with refrigerator but the first room didn’t have it. So I asked to change room. The second room was on the first floor. It was so nasty and dirty. It stinks a lot. Also people on lobby made too much noise even at night.

Location was great.

OVER CHARGED, DIRTY FLOORS, ROOM SMELL, DIDN'T MEET MY EXPECTATIONS.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the SMELL of the room,FLOORS were dirty, WAS CHARGED MORE THAN THE PRICE BOOKING. COM GAVE ME :(

The breakfast was ok.,coffee was good and there was enough food.

We found comfort in the Comfort Inn!
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Not much in the negative sense other than the smokers would be just outside the main entrance and the smell was bad but at least they're not inside!

Breakfast was really good with a lot to choose from. There is a new Starbucks near the Comfort Inn and a Sam's for great gas prices! (Don't need to be a member) A Top Golf facility is also right by there for you Golfers! Overall, there's lots of great things around there within a few miles!

Beds were very comfortable, location was good, breakfast was...
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

On arrival front desk staff wasn't very welcoming. The lady just kind of ignored us... Once I said excuse me, I would like to check in she made herself available but not one smile nor the words "enjoy your stay". Also the tub in room seemed to be clogged. As we would shower the water wouldn't drain properly.

Beds were very comfortable, location was good, breakfast was decent, and the front desk staff that was on for my check out day were AWESOME!!

Staff was the great differential.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I felt like the breakfast could be better, at least in regarding more options. Every day the same few options. I believe they could provide more options and vary them from one day to another.

Staff was the great differential. Receptionist very nice when I arrived, helping me out with an early check in that I didn't ask for. (amazing) Everybody act like they care. I had purchased items coming into the hotel and they delivered immediately to me. Last but not least, all doubts and questions were properly answered. (in a friendly way - that's the differential!)

The breakfast was good and hot.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the satellite tv service, some channels were cloudy. No pool for the kids. Workout room was small. The exercise bike was not working. There also was an unpleasant odor in the elevator.

The breakfast was good and hot. Staff was friendly. Room was clean.

Although the room was small, it had everything we needed.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only one chair at the tiny table, so no way for us to play cards. Location on U.S. 1 was hard to get to from the south, had to take round-about turns to get into it. Coming in from the north a week later was much easier.

The desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful - recommended places to eat within walking distance as rush hour traffic was happening. Breakfast was very good, many things to choose from.

I liked the cleanliness of the room.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

I didn’t like how some of the maids try to come in even with the Do not disturb sign on the door. One knocked but came in before I could answer the other one just simply try to walk in.

I liked the cleanliness of the room. I also like how I contacted them about giving me a room with a refrigerator and there wasn’t any hestitation on their part, they got back to me quickly and gave me what I asked for. I also decided to extend my stay another day and I just went downstairs and they quickly took care of it. Front desk employees were GREAT!

As a business traveler, I normally don't sleep well in...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was an exercise room, but a pool would have been nice. Also, there wasn't enough light in my room at night to work.

As a business traveler, I normally don't sleep well in hotels; however, the bed and pillows were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Also, the breakfast was fresh, plentiful and included a wide variety of items.

Very good value for money. I enjoyed my stay in Comfort Inn!!
    • Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

The smoking place should be away from the lobby. There should be little more variety in the breakfast. The room conditioner were bit noisy and needs more attention to get sound sleep in the night.

I think the hotel ambiance was good. Rooms were comfortable and everything was just right for the money they charged. WIFI facility was excellent.

Good stay , worth coming again
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No Microwave and coffee maker in room. Room size for two double bed for 4 person is small. Bath room need to be little bigger. It will be good if hotel provide free shuttle to train station and neatest shopping mall.

Staff was good. Rooms are clean.

The location of this facility is really good.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast time is from 6:30AM. I think they need to reconsider this and start from 6AM. It’s only my and my wife opinion. As we had to leave hotel early in the morning.

The location of this facility is really good. Very neat and clean. Parking is available for all days. Stuffs are friendly.

staff was pleasant
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

for me, it was difficult to sleep. The chair at the desk was malfunctioning so if it was raised up and you leaned back, the seat would lower.

staff was pleasant

It was good
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Tv didn't work properly. Also phone system did not work at all. They wanted to give us a different room We didn't take it.

Everything was good.

No good
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The management was very rude and Un professional he didn't give me back my cash deposit of $100 he said the room smelled like cigarettes I don't smoke I have asthma I showed him my pump add medication he bullied me for 20 minutes he wanted to call the cops on me he was speaking to be like I was a child like I didn't understand English I told him I was born in the United States he doesn't have to use sign language on me overall a very bad establishment avoid this place spend your money elsewhere you don't have to get A attitude for your hard earned money

Pleasant and disappointing at the same time
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Overcharged my credit card 3 times and was very disappointed. Credited back only once but very rude guest rep. Treated like not wanted there and stare at you like we stole something from them.

Room was clean and tidy

Everything we needed for a great price.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We were in a room close to the housekeeping supply room and it was a little loud in the with staff going in and out early in the morning.

Everything we needed for a great price.

The toilet and bathroom floor were dirty and there was a...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet and bathroom floor were dirty and there was a stain on the comforter. The noise level was also unbearable from neighbors going in and out of their room until 2AM, slamming doors.

It was ok ... People were awesome as staff helpful to us when things went wrong
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Sorry ...wrote all complaints in first box..lol

Breakfast was not good. Eggs dry and choppy no bacon ..we ate out every morning ..the air conditioning didnt work in our 1st room had to move to different room after unpacking everything...a watet leaked in second room from the pipes upstairs all over my clothes hanging in the closet..people were always helpful and curtious as staff loved all if them ...

The place was neat and clean from parking to the hotel room.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

The air from the air conditioning vents smelled really bad when it was turned on. It smelled like old wet clothing left for a while. The bathroom was a bit slippery when we took our first bath. We were surprised at the size of the room. It was small even though it did fit a king size bed.

The place was neat and clean from parking to the hotel room.

Never going back
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Nothing............ No hand towels, only wash clothes Room smelled when you walked in. I had to go out and buy febreeze Only 2 tissues left in the tissue box No extra bath soap or toilet paper. The kitchen buffet is a cluster mess. Staff was so lazy to take out the Buffett area trash that was spilling onto the floors. Absolutely Gross

Comfortable but not the best.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

The room was carpeted so it should have been kept clean and it wasn't. There was still hair from the last person's stay on the bathroom floor and white chalky stuff all over the carpet. The carpet was very dirty. The sink was also dirty with some kind of stains in it.

The bed was extra fluffly. :)

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I willl never return because of the smelly room
    • Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

The room smells of mold. It is realy bad. Rooms were not renovated in many years. After you leave the hotel - the cloth in the suitcase smell like mold.

My friend forgot her bag in the table.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My friend forgot her bag in the table. One staff found it and call many rooms to find my friend,then my friend got her bag very quickly....thank you this staff very much!!

Comfort In my choice of Hotel
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't feel improvement is necessary.

The Staff pleasantly welcomed you on arrival. Made sure you were satisfied and asked if you had any special needs. Rooms were extremely clean, beds comfortable. The price for the stay was very reasonable. I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Woodbridge prior to this and will never ever stay there again. The rooms were so broken down. The walls could use a good painting. The rug made you dizzy looking at it. And they charged way to much. Comfort Inn will always be my choice.

Standard Hotel with friendly staff
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was a bit dated. Could use a deep clean (esp. of the bathroom/toilet areas - also room, as there were bright pink nail polish smears on the bedside table, etc.). Breakfast could be served a bit longer (stops at 9:30). Just a heads up: The manager will send people a Starbucks gift certificate if they give a review of 9/10 points - not sure how I feel about this. I travel a lot for business & rely on honest reviews of hotels when making a decision about booking. So I prefer to forego the bonus & give an honest review from my perspective.

The staff were very friendly & helpful! Beds were comfortable & had an array of pillows to choose from - nice touch. Coffee in room & in the breakfast area. Conveniently located, lots of stores/restaurants in the immediate area, easy access to GSP/NJT.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Good place with clean room.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish the hotel can change to heating sting instead. Breakfast can be improved with more varieties.

Great location at Edison! Closed to a Chinese supermarket and several restaurants. Nearly everything is good except noisy aircon. Clean hotel with nice receptionists!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Fair ... wouldn't go back.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Room design. A bit small for price paid. Hated that the sink was right there when you opened door. Breakfast wasn't great. Poorly organized and not much selection. One employee there didn't speak much English and wasnt very helpful (same for the 2 days i was there). Took 15 min for them to get computer working so i could print boarding pass.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Really comfortable
    • Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Comfort location rooms Have stayed in this property 4 times so far and everytime it's been very comfortable..very nice staff ..mainly vivian, she is very cooperative and helpful in the front desk

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good Hotel with Super Value for Money
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

the gate to the hotel is not easy to access and you can not do a full round in the area parking to go out from the hotel

Value for Money, Room Size and Comfort

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

service was great, all employees we interacted with were...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

service was great, all employees we interacted with were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great and was more then what we expected. we had a great stay and would definetly stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Over all service is good

Over all service is good

Great breakfast
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

I don’t sheets on bed are not changed daily. It had hairs and dirty on it when I came into the room.

Great breakfast

Air condition is noisy

Nice staff ,good breakfast

The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is good

The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is good

A great place to stay on route to NY.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A great place to stay on route to NY. Clean and great staff

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

5.6
    would probably stay again
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

room to tight. carpet not vacuumed well. also people, mostly men hanging outside the entrance door. saw

breakfast good, staff very pleasant.

Very clean and nice hotel!
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Very clean and nice hotel!

Hotel was terrible

Breakfast was good

Will NEVER recommend a comfort inn hotel!
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My room wasn’t clean. There was blood, hair & crumbs on the sheets.

Very quiet!

Very quiet!!

The price was great and free breakfast

Walls kinds then

The price was great and free breakfast

Great location; great price!

Had no dislikes

The free breakfast & conveniently located near my family!

Rutgers visit

Awkward location

Hard working staff and physically improving.

Granted that it was a holiday weekend, the price was high for a 1 night stay at a 2 star property.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Expected a better breakfast.Limited selection of bread, bagels and muffins.waffles were good.

Very pleasant
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Not enough machines in gym

Semi- Satisfied
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They charge you double as a security deposit and don't tell you.

Breakfast was good.

Great stay for the purpose of the stay.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Way too many big trucks for a very small parking lot.

Staff is friendly abd receptive

Great stay for what you pay!

Not going back
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Things didn’t work in the room also u can’t sleep late there y have ppl at 8am at ur door talking about housekeeping

Bugs in food

I would recommend it to my friends and return if I was in the area. Thank you

Noise of the AC

Cleanliness and availability of extra towels without requesting.

nice place. we'd come back.
    • Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Room could have been cleaner.

Great location - close to the convention center

Very quiet, no traffic noise,

Very quiet, no traffic noise,

Overall it was good

Small breakfast

Very clean

Bed and pillows very comfy.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Bed and pillows very comfy.. food is great, staff is helpful and friendly.

Clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable.. breakfast was fantastic

The location of the hotel was amazing , the shopping areas...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The location of the hotel was amazing , the shopping areas where are booming.

The sink was outside the bathroom

The sink was outside the bathroom

A good value all things considered. The staff were all very friendly and accomodating.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little to soft for my preference.

Anytime I can get fresh waffles it's a good thing!

It was just alright

Old - a bit run down

It was ok

Other than the choice of breakfast being only pork the stay was excellent.
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

The breakfast only served pork. Not everyone eat pork. Turkey bacon or beef should have been included as a choice.

Tub was dirty

One night near New Brunswick

The hotel is clean

My 4 days with Comfort Inn
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Lack of access to drinking water after 6pm.

The friendliness of the staff

It was a good overall experience.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast has good enough options.

wonderful stay! i would recommend coming here again for a nice weekend getaway!
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

I loved the continental breakfast options and the room itself! very spacious and accommodating.

Relaxation
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved everything about comfort inn , whats there not to like

Quiet , great location , clean , morning breakfast

Bed was comfy

Bed was comfy

Perfect location to everything!
    • Non-Smoking Single King Room

Breakfast could have been a little better, but it was free so not bad!

Perfect location to everything!