Reviews of Hudson River Hotel 3 stars

#392 of 420 hotels in New York

6.2

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

nice to be in a small hotel

absolutely now view - brickwall in front of window. staff not responsive to request different room in the front of building! I used to book this hotel for friends. now with a new construction right behind this building it only works for blind business people. I don't book this hotel anymore.

nice to be in a small hotel

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Good for a last minute booking.

The staff are not so friendly. The guy at check in gave me a room at the second floor, which is actually the ground level of this hotel. The check-in is actually at a basement level. Despite my continuous request to get a higher floor, the person at the front desk blamed it on booking.com reservation and said that the hotel has already assigned which room goes to who! My room at night kept having a beeping noise and I guess its the alarm device on the ceiling of my room - it was so annoying! I asked a guy what is it and he didn't care to know. I booked the next day at a four stars hotel that was at the same price. Its a very very outdated hotel. I have not been informed on check-out time and apparently its at 11. I really did not enjoy my stay there at all. Although i read many reviews on the site but it was not all true at all as I have experienced it myself. Its said on the site that it is a 3 stars but it is more like 2 stars - and I never book in a 2 stars ever!

The room and bathroom was clean and well maintained despite it being very outdated. Towels on point, bathroom well equipped and room has a big safe box. Location is ok and safe.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The guy at the front desk seem cool

It was cozy, also when I first arrived there was a slight odor of cleaning it smells like Dirty mop. Other from these overall it was okay

The guy at the front desk seem cool

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Coffee and pastries provided in lobby in the morning.

The rooms were tiny and outdated, the whole place felt completely tatty and run down. My first room hadn’t been cleaned to a good standard at all - I found toenails on my carpet, ink stains on my bedding. The coffee machine leaked and the desk chair was broken. Really disappointed for the price of the room per night.

Coffee and pastries provided in lobby in the morning. The staff were pretty helpful and considerate.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

You will have a very hard time finding something for this price/quality.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

However, the hotel is a bit old and beat up (rugs and pillows are particularly bad). The location is a bit on the sketchy side.

The staff is very friendly and the location is very close to major attractions like the Empire States, Madison Square Garden and Times Square.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Just what we were looking for and needed for a girly stay in the centre of New York.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Carpets were very tied looking and the décor was a bit dated.

All the staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful. With clean and comfortable beds. A good hot shower as well.

Not worth

The chinese receptionist was extremely rude and annoying. But the guy from night shift was much better, friendly and helpful. Facilities are old but clean enough. Overall not worth the price.

Location is good if you need to access bus terminal. Metro is a bit further

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Fantastic central location and comfy hotel

The room is quite small so feels very stuffy if turn aircon off and not able to open windows so we found a bit difficult at night. The decor needs a little investment in the room such as re-paint and a new carpet where it is worn through. Although a great location, watch out when everyone puts their trash out at night for collection, we saw so many rats - horrible to see even though you know they must be not too far away in such a big city. Pastries and coffee were good in the morning but the disposable cups and plates surely could be replaced by real crockery and help the environment a bit, felt so wasteful.

Great central location! Walking distance to loads of tourist places. Bed was very comfy and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

NYC cramped
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Way way way too small, my bedroom at home was much bigger than this hotel room which was booked for 4 adults. The primary complaint was just the size, secondly things were pretty old and beat up

The staff was great especially the night shift manager, we visited with him android got recommendations every night.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Overall, I had no issues. For the price & location, it served it's purpose, which is all I needed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's a bit worn down, paint chipping and the elevator made scary noises so I tended to take the stairs. Also, the room with two beds, the beds were practically on top of each other.

It's a good, clean room for the price and location in New York City. The room is small, but if you're on the go and need a place to sleep, it was great.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Budget hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small space. No spectacular view, just old buildings from our room.

Clean. 2 blocks away from restaurants/stores. Approx 10-15 minute walk from NY Penn Station.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Will be back shorty ! thank you so much for everything

the pillows in the room were a little uncomfortable but other than that everything was perfect

great staff , great location, made the staff aware we were travelling from Toronto and they were super nice with letting us know around the city for restaurants and even for our way home back to the airport ! great service

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Clean , with a very good condition of bathroom, good a/c. A very comfortable bed.

The entrance from the street, and lobby without any style, could be designed in a modern way with light colors.

A very friendly staff in the lobby, coffee in the room,a comfortable bed. Good air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

All in all the sheets were clean, the water hot and I slept fine.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was a bit sketchy and there was no coffee shop or food near by except for the BP/DD which is near the Lincoln Tunnel. I did not see any security cameras in the stairwell or the hall ways and you needed to ask for a portable smoke detector for your room, which I did not realize until the next morning. It's a 2 star hotel, and I was there during the UN invasion...so what should have cost, AT MOST $200 was a $400 stay ...... Oh well.

The desk clerk was the only person available but was quite pleasant. There was no other staff available.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Not great

First of all the price wasn’t great, you can find better options for much less at the same location if you book ahead. I booked here due to last minute cancellation somewhere else and couldn’t find anything better close to where I was, but $300 is quite a lot for what you get. It’s an old hotel, feels like going back to the 80s, slow elevator, the room was small but not too small as many claim, it was perfect size for what you need and the bathroom was big with a tub but you just get soap and nothing else. The bed was comfortable, so you get to sleep well which is the most important thing, but I will not be coming back unless everything else in NY is booked. Checkout is at 11 and that ain’t great either, staff was friendly and I hate to give a bad review but I feel I paid way too much for this. The room has no view it faced a wall and I think they should be more realistic about their infrastructure and go for lower prices in which case it would be an ok place to stay, but to be honest the only good thing is the bed.

Great location, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location was great.

Noise from hallway was loud. Price advertised didn’t include 15% tax so the final price was more than expected.

Location was great. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Not recommended
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place looks like an SRO hotel. The lobby a Rec room for the housekeeping staff. The hotel is really beaten up and desperately needs new (clean) carpets and paint. This said the check in staff were nice and I felt safe. It was egregiously overpriced because of the time of my visit. (The annual meeting of the UN General Assembly filled every room.) I knew this. The hotel did the job but I couldn’t really recommend it until Quality Inns puts some money into some cleaning.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Amazing

Nothing everything was amazing

Location was amazing you can walk from time square/empire to the hotel in 10.mins , price of the hotel for the location was amazing.

The location is pretty good, bathroom is spacious and clean,...

Place isn’t well maintained and the room window cannot be opened.

The location is pretty good, bathroom is spacious and clean, on the cheap side of the scale.

Disappointed!

The rooms don't look like the pictures on the website! Small, very tired looking and worn. If you have more than one suitcase you'll struggle for room. Tiny single wardrobe! Noisy air-conditioning. The "Express" elevator was quite the opposite! Very slow! We enjoyed our trip but the accommodation was very disappointing!

The only good thing about this hotel is the staff who were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Location is good, very near to the High Line and Chelsea community.

The lamp inside the room did not work. However, I didn't complain about it to the hotel because it was not really an issue.

Location, and staff were approachable and helpful. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Its literally a 15min walk to times square.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room are small but its not something I would really dislike.

Its literally a 15min walk to times square. 10 min to a subway. Everything is really nearby. I had an awesome stay.

Rooms seemed pretty clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lobby bathroom out of service. We were meeting friends in the city and they weren’t allowed up in our room. If I’m paying $300 for a two bed room I should be able to bring a friend. They told me if I wanted a fifth person in the room I’d have to pay $100. I told the front desk lady she lives in the city and wasn’t staying the night and she said it was a fire hazard...... but I could pay $100 to bring her up. Horrible customer service.

Rooms seemed pretty clean.

Conveniently placed for eateries and catching a taxi.

The air conditioning in the room we stayed in was really noisy, meaning we couldn't turn it on at night. This meant we had little ventilation.

Conveniently placed for eateries and catching a taxi. Staff were friendly and helpful when asking for assistance (had issue with safe but was quickly sorted).

Not much

Location Too expensive for what the hotel really was The room was too small Really noisy Not the most clean room in the world Poor facilities Definitely not even close to a three star hotel

Not much

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

My Experience

The floor was worn out and so was the bathroom, there was rust in some spots and part of the rug was broken. Kind of sharp rough edges when stepping on it.

The bed felt good.

The property was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was old and run down and down 8 step stairs with your luggage to the reception. The room was tiny with no room to open your case. Our internet service did not work .not quite as pictured on Booking.com. But very clean.

The property was very clean.

Only the location.

The room smelled like “ Comet” upon arrival. Actually it was probably a moldy air conditioning filter. The carpet was shabby and torn in places, the chair at the desk looked something from a rummage sale, the headboard of the bed had dings in it and the walls looked shabby as some of the previous paint or dry wall repaired were visible. I should have just swallowed the cost and moved to another location.

Only the location.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good value for money but a little dated

Nothing special and the hotel was a little dated and old. Needs some work. Lobby restroom was out of order for our entire stay. Keep your whits about you in the area around hotel. Lots of homeless and dodgy characters.

Staff were okay and helpful. Great location, 10mins away from Empire state building, circle line ferry and times sq. Good place to be

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very good hotel

A bit expensive...

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 7 nights. The staff was soo friendly and helpful! The location is perfect, near the times square, empire state b., and the pier for boat cruises. It was very calm at night, no traffic noises. The rooms were clean, and not too small in my opinion. The shower worked very good.

It was great.

It's a smaller hotel, but everything in NYC is.

They were friendly, kind and it was a nice hotel. We LOVED the air conditioning after long hot/humid days. Staff was super happy and friendly. Everything was nice and clean and I would stay there again. Even though it was smaller in general, the bed was huge and ac was nice, showers were good, and I was on the 9th floor. No breakfast but they had coffee, tea and vending machine next to their ice and water machine.

The concierge was super friendly, helpful, and nice.

Room was not all that spacious but did the job.

The concierge was super friendly, helpful, and nice. Great location, not a super busy place like Times Square (also not very far from Times Square which was great) but has a lot of hidden gems. On checkout day, I liked that we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel so that we could continue to sightsee until our bus arrived. Not to mention they did not charge us for keeping our luggage which a lot of hotels in NYC like to do.

This hotel was in a great location, close to Broadway and...

This hotel was in a great location, close to Broadway and lots of restaurants. The room was nice and cool (ac), very clean and quiet. The staff were friendly and polite. The Wi-Fi worked well and the room had everything we needed. I especially liked the comfy bed and pillows. We were happy with our stay here.

Not value for money

Almost everything.

This hotel is ok if you are just staying one night and just sleeping. There were no facilities. The hotel was run down and old. We would not stay there again if we returned. The only good thing was the the location

Will never come back to this hotel

Checking in only 3 pm and after although you see many guests checking out and that’s mean there are available rooms, but you will not be allowed to check in before 3 no matter what!! They are not flexible at all Also, they are knocking guests doors if you don’t check out at 11 a.m. how awful is that! Towels are dirty and smelly and they seem were used for many years. Don’t expect much!

The only positive thing in this hotel in the location.

Good location for reasonable price

We didn't like the fact that the walls were paper thin and we could hear the other people on our floor, everything from conversation to kids crying to hair dryer, toilet flushing. Room was pretty much the size of the king bed, which was actually comfortable. The view was of the building next door.

The location was great to walk to Times Square, convenient location for accessing citi bike system and some restaurants.

Nice place on Manhattan

Safe did't wok. Small rooms,but maybe it's NYC style :) Lighting was only above the door and near left side of bed. It would be great to have the lamp at the right side too

Great location. Easy walking distance to Empire State building, Times Square, Grand Central Terminal (appriximately 30min). Two subway stations and Penn Station 5-10min on foot. Looked like cleaning was performed each day. There is a coffee machine in the room and they provided two packs f coffee for brewing each day. Not new,but clean rooms

pleasant staff

This accommodation is more like a single room backpackers (without the kitchen facilities)than a Hotel The bathroom tap leaked constantly and was noisy. I was warned about it on my arrival, it was not fixed during my 3 day stay. This also means a lot of water went down the drain. The Aircon unit is very noisy too. The lift is extremely slow and on a number of occasions my door key card stopped working. Annoying on the 6th floor of a building with a tediously slow elevator at the end of a long day. This place is close to Time Square and Penn Station but not close enough to walk alone at night as a female.

This accommodation's staff are its biggest asset. They were all helpful and pleasent..thank you. This accommodation is clean and looks like it is starting to be done up. The room had aircon.

Awful

WORST TRIP EVER WOTH BOOKING.com! The hotel was awful. The curtains didn’t even close so I was woken at sunrise and did not have a lot of privacy. I was also given DIRTY TOWELS! Yes dirty towels which was avail vile.

Honestly there was nothing I liked about this hotel. Maybe just that it was about a 10minute walk from Penn Station but honestly that’s as far as it goes!

Great location, comfy beds!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet paper roll holder was literally falling out of a hole in the wall. This wasn't a hindrance, but it was noticeable. I'd still book there again, though.

10min walk to Times Square, 10mins walk to the convention center. Definitely the best location!

Good location and comfortable at an affordable price.

No food available, though we knew this before booking and it wasn't a problem as there are cafes nearby.

Good air con, clean, coffee machine, TV. Free coffee and tea in reception area in mornings. Microwave and ice machine in reception area. Convenient location.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Very dated. Holes in carpet, toilet paper holder falling out of wall, had to call maintenance because door wouldn’t latch closed (but friendly maintenance man who came right away)

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable and clean Good value for what we paid for a hotel in NYC

The carpeting throughout was ripped and dirty.

The carpeting throughout was ripped and dirty. The room was tiny with a tiny cabinet for a closet. The bed was clean and the staff was very friendly but that’s the only positive we found in this hotel.

Staff was warm and welcoming.

Did not like the steps down into the hotel....I have a hip problem and that made it difficult with luggage and no one at the front to help. Location was difficult to get taxis.

Staff was warm and welcoming. Room was Quiet and clean

All in all ok but not more

Noise insulation was very poor, we not only could hear the noise from outside but even internally we could hear the other rooms flushing toilette. Expensive for the level offered but if you want to stay in Manhattan you don't really have a choice.

King size bed very comfy. Good size bathroom, coffee always available in the lobby. Location fine but a little bit far from Time Square.

Great location for people who want to explore the city and...

Small room, thin walls - so if you have noisy neighbours - you’ll hear them quite too well.

Great location for people who want to explore the city and love to eat as there are many bars and restaurants in the neighbourhood. Good choice if you just need a fine place to sleep. Great room service is also a plus.

Worth the price! Would definitely stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were great. There was fresh towels everyday and the room was made everyday. The bed was comfy and pillows were good. The location is great, walking distance to everything.

The room was clean and comfortable, the location and staff were excellent;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The t.v. didn’t work, and the tiny closet didn’t allow for long garments, nor did it have enough hangers.

The staff was wonderful and the location very convenient. The room was quiet and we slept well.

The inside of the building, and staff were fine.

Once inside the hotel, things were fine, except for the stuffiness of the room(a window that opened would have been perfect), but the entry foyer and exterior of the building were either piled with trash, leaves, or debris. Room was a bit stuffy. A window that opened would have helped with the stuffiness.

The inside of the building, and staff were fine. Bed was good.

Hudson River Hotel

The room was too small. The carpet was dingy and was missing spots. The thing that holds the toilet paper was falling off the wall in the bathroom. It was way over priced for the quality of the room. The location was terrible. Thought I’d be able to walk around and find some fun. No. And there is no parking at the hotel. A couple outdoor garage that want to charge $70 for parking. And if u leave and come back, it’s another $70.... crazy. I will NOT be coming back to this location.

It had a modern feel inside the room. The bed was comfortable.

Room was clean and the shower was good.

Was a bit far on foot from some tourist sites (eg. Times Square, Top of the Rock, Central Park) TV had a promo sign on the screen that wouldn't go away... Walls were thin - could hear other guests when they were noisy.

Room was clean and the shower was good. Room served it's purpose!

Location to the train station

The room, felt small and dirty, snd the AC would turn on and turn off , would not last more thsn 10 minutes on until the morning when we were leaving

Location to the train station

good location value for money not recommended for ppl who need Internet access

Internet connections in room was almost not working. I complained 1st night, they promised to fix or change the room but never delivered.

locàtiin and value for money

You get what you pay for

Room was too small, there was no space for anything. Anyway it's new York you just need a hot shower and a bed and you do have that.

Nice location, good staff, cheap price, the Dont charge extra for sending packages

Meh
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived I was told I was booked in for one night despite having a confirmation for two nights and I was told they couldn’t help me with the second night. After booking a second night on Bookings.com myself, I went back to the front desk to find I now had two bookings for the second night (they clearly hadn’t checked the second night). Not very impressed overall. I wouldn’t stay here again unless I had no other option.

After my flight was cancelled I was grateful for a place to stay two extra days

Great bed, shower and staff – poor wifi.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi hardly worked at all in our room on the eighth floor. To get online we needed to sit in the groundfloor lobby area, where it worked fine. The surrounding area is probably among Manhattan's dullest.

Comfortable beds, excellent shower (easy to adjust temperature and pressure). Best of all was Vlad at the reception – a really nice and friendly guy.

not so clean, some issues,but what would you expect on manhattan for that price :/ Nice location tho

- not so clean room - disgusting (ragged, unclean...) towels (!!!) - stairs (more that few) from the street (not good accessibility) - poor wi-fi connection - very small room, not so comfortable - safe was not working, broken closet - issues with hot water in the bathroom

- nice, comfortable and very wide double bed - great location - coffee machine in the room, shower gel, lotion ect. in the room.

Nice hotel. Will come back.

AC sound is noisy and elevator is slow but all the rest was perfect. Small room but comfortable.

Location, cleaness, staff, great value for money. Just a step from restaurants, delis, downtown and Javits Center.

good for this money for NY of course:)

The air conditioning works with problems.

a soft bed and clean bed linen. not too far from all sights. courteous staff. near the wonderful café Friedman's. where very tasty and good choice of dishes.

Affordable, yet comfortable.

I had to get my own water. Other than that it was a pretty good experience.

The property was at a great location. Also had many affordable places to eat and to hang out as well.

Appalling

The room was disgusting, bed was covered in stains so I slept on top of my coat, no heating in the room while it was snowing outside, customer service was appalling as we requested help with the room on numerous occasions and kept being told the manager would contact us but she never did. We asked for a refund for the remaining night so we could go somewhere else and we were refused. This hotel completely ruined our trip to New York. Do not stay here!!!

Nice price for Manhattan!

We could hear some noises from the hallway through the door(maybe it was not well insulated) but It was not really bothering as another guests were pretty quiet during our stay. The heat was very loud but not bothering that much either. If not, everything was fine for short stay.

Good location(walking distance to TS & Penn Station), Friendly staff, cheaper than other hotels, comfy & large bed, clean, free coffee & tea & water at the lobby. The heating system worked vey good and strong. We were pretty worried when we booked this hotel and after reading some of bad reviews. But personally, this hotel was mostly good and better than expecting.

Location only
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pictures showed on advertise are not real pictures of the rooms. My room was worse that a cheap motel. Very small, unclean, and old rooms. The coffee maker had and old coffee bag with green mold in it. My reservation was paid in full 3 months in advanced , however, at check in they not only needed a credit card, something I can understand, but they needed that credit card used to pay for the reservation. Other wise your reservation was canceled and you have to pay with a new card. Nothing was mentioned about that little detail at the time the reservation was made. Maybe this is a booking issue and not the hotels.

Location only

My stay at the Hudson River Hotel was Horrible

Same as the top didn’t like nothing won’t ever go to that hotel again horrible place

My boyfriend was taken a shower and there was white stuff falling from the ceiling and one of the nightstand lamps wasn’t working in our room and when I called the front desk they said they would be right up no one came upon going out that night I went down to the front desk and the gentleman behind the desk said no one but a complaint in for my room I explain to him the problem and he did go and check it out but ask me when I got back in about 3am in the morning did I want to change my room I told him no because I would be checking out soon and I was too tired to pack and move my things I wouldn’t ever go back to that hotel again there was a lot of chipped paint on the walls and look like the did a rush job on painting the shower walls

Distance to the subways is good. Hotel itself is not that great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Street is not pretty. Hotel looks dingy and tired. Room is extremely small. No room to move around and to put your luggage.... especially if you have 4 people in a room. The hotel has no kitchen. So NO BREAKFAST in this hotel eventhough booking.com advertised otherwise. I had a dispute with booking.com with this issue and they are willing to reimburse our breakfast up to $160 USD for 4 of us for 4 nights stay. Of course I need to provide them with the receipts. I rate this hotel a 2 star. Its not that cheap. With a little more money, You can get a better hotel.

Hotel is closed to the subway stations- 34th Hudson yard and 34th Penn station. A short walk to a delightful skylight Diner.... good food and reasonable price. Staffs are nice.

The staff were very helpful and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was extremely small. There were holes in the wall, the pillows were half size and quite flat. Cleaners often left only 3 towels, and there were four of us.

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Would never stay there again.

Room was far smaller than advertised, smelled of smoke, and did not feel clean. Bathroom was not clean. Elevators did not work well. Would never stay there again. Have stayed at far nicer hotels in the city for far less.

Our trip was (thankfully) short.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Broken lamps, dirty old mattresses with no bed bug covers, the folks outside rummaging through a stolen purse made us feel less than safe. Almost an okay hotel...

Man at front desk was very nice.

Great trip, poor hotel with poor staff.

Room was very dated and looked different to photos on booking.com, had a bit of a musty smell and was freezing cold due to a draft from the single glazed window. Was expecting a clean basic room didn’t want anything special as we wouldn’t be spending any time in the room. Good job as we couldn’t wait to leave in the morning. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was good but 5 nights costing me almost $1000 was not good value for money at all. I also had a disagreement with the person on the front desk who spoke limited English. I ended up paying more for my room as there was a mix up with my debit card (after I had paid the full amount)

Bathroom was clean. Location for tourism is perfect.

Front desk was very helpful, coffee was not bad, what more...

The room is not big enough to open my hard case suit case.

Front desk was very helpful, coffee was not bad, what more do you want in a cold winter night?

Highly recommend this place

Only problem was and air conditioning system. It was very cold on that night. When we turned the heat on, it hit too hot that even couldn’t breath. No mmatter what degree the temperature was set to, it was the same. When I turned the heat off, then room got too cold. We kept turning it on and off through the night.

Staff was very friendly, locations was very convenient. Great location for the low cost. And very clean and cozy.

The location was killer.

The room was small and the biggest issue I had was that when I opened the window there was absolutely no view. Not even of a parking lot. There was scaffolding and plywood

The location was killer. The staff was friendly

Great value, nice staff, clean, and warm in December room

TV didn't change channels and had to be turned off and on manually, but hey we werent there to watch tv and neither should you be.

Awesome value. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was nice with good hot water, heat in room was great. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Easy walk less than 10 min to Penn Station and to Times Square less than 15. For a little over a 100 bucks, don't think you can beat it especially considering to be 3 blocks to the east you'd probably be paying double.

One of the cheaper hotels in Manhattan for a reason.

Rooms were in poor condition. A screw as a cupboard handle, wallpaper loose. Elevator extremely slow, no service elevator. I had a parcel delivered before I arrived. It was misplaced and was only found after checking with the courier and asking at the front desk numerous times

Location. Hotel was within walking distance of Times Square.

Everything, the room was small , the barhroom was not cleaned 9the 2nd day we were there, even the small coffee pot was not cleaned. The hotel was a 3 star rated but it was more like a 1 & a 1/2 star at the most also the heater on the room didn't work correctly

Browse Hudson River Hotel traveller photo gallery