Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocala FL 1 stars

3951 Northwest Blitchton Road, Ocala, FL 34482, USA

#11 of 21 hotels in Ocala

we liked everything

Breakfast was great but simple the floors were clean it didnt smell like a dog we are not amnial lover and dont like to stay in hotels where dogs have rub there ass on the floors beds were clean towels were clean, the place was awasome clean,staff were nice felt safe would recommend it to anyone and would stay again

Not really a reflection on the motel, but there aren't any decent restaurants or bars nearby. The hotel does offer some simple fair, and room service.

The hotel is a great bargain. It is close to the interstate, clean, and although older - well maintained.

Had too many kids at pool. Couldn't enjoy the pool or Jacuzzi. Disappointed in the amount of uncontrolled people there.

Room was spacious and clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For this price, it can't be beat! The breakfast is not worth waking up for, but the room was nice, bed was great, everything we needed was there. I'm not a big fan of staying at roadside locations like this, but that's my personal opinion. Bit hard to find, an extra sign pointing towards the entrance (from the road) would be nice. Excellent staff!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As we were getting ready to fall asleep we spotted a palmetto roach inside the room (huge roach) we tried to kill it but it kept on flying everywhere. We called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy to kill the roach, he was not very friendly and did not even apologize for the incident. Once he killed it, we were not offered another room. We could barely sleep thinking that there might be other roaches. Upon waking up my friend had a roach on her head and there was another live roach on the pillow. We were disgusted of the whole situation, spoke to the lady of the front desk and she was kind and told me that a manager will call me. The manager did not call me until 6 in the afternoon. Were he said he was not able to refund my stay because I had done it through a third party and asked what I would like. I first asked him to exterminate the rooms because they were infested and whatever he could do for me. He offered to send a coupon for future stay but I do not know if that will be true.

I love the friendliness if the staff. I had booked a smoking room by mistake and the person in the front desk was kind enough to change it without a charge. Also the location was close to the activity we were going to do that day. The breakfast was limited but they had enough for everyone. Also the look of the hotel was nice. Parking was close to the room. Also after the roach incident the manager of the hotel called me and promised to send me a coupon for a next stay.

I decided to eat at the restaurant but the service was less than desirable, so I left and ate some where else

The staff was great,the room was clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Update items in room. Rusty locks on doors. Mildew on ironing board and base boards. No extra blankets. Thin blankets on bed with cigarette wholes in them. Toliets not flushing properly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was almost none exstistant. The absolute bare minimum that you would expect for continental breakfast.

Nice clean updated rooms with very comfortable bed.

Very outdated hotel. No bathroom/shower vents other than opening window. Couch in room was disgusting and should be thrown away immediately. Don’t stay in a room under a staircase. It rattles the whole building every time someone walks up or down them.

Man at front desk was friendly. Bed was comfortable. Lots of premium cable channels.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish the breakfast had more of a variety of food to choose from like bacon, sausage, grits, more of food people want it really wasn’t interesting when I went to see it I kind of felt I got up for no reason so I just drove to McDonald’s down the street. Also the hotel didn’t have and wash cloths or towels then after I called it took 30mins still no one came after 2 phone calls 15 mins apart wondering where they were then I had to tell my son go down there and get them.

It was clean I been going to Howard Johnson to stay for many years since I live in Georgia but my family is in Ocala it’s my Go2 hotel to stay at and as I could tell it’s constantly being updated each time I come which makes it better.

• King Room with Mobility Access - Smoking

Old, needs maintenance. Someone stuck paper towel in where peep hole in door used to be, because it was missing. Carpeting, paint sealant around tub cracked and mildewed. Bed was a full, used to at least a queen. Just not my kind of place.

Needed to iron a shirt for an event. Went to use room iron and it was broken. Called front desk and they said they would send replacement. Waited well over an hour and then gave up and packed up and left to attend event.

The only thing we did not like was that the bathroom did not have an air extraction.

We were very happy with the hypoallergenic room we got! As soon as we walked inside the room there was no bad smells and it was very clean and comfortable. We liked it so much we reserved the same room or a similar one for this coming weekend for two nights. Thank you very much for taking great care of us.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything else. Sketchy people hanging around. Cold rooms. Literally right next to the highway. No conditioner in bathroom. Broken screen in bathroom window. Supposed “Queen beds” were not Queen size beds. If I had this knowledge prior to booking, I wouldn’t have booked.

Staff was nice.

• King Room with Mobility Access - Smoking

Nothing! My husband said more items for breakfast would have been nice but we liked the breakfast they offered.

The bed was comfortable and the room was extremely clean and the employees we're so helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Initially we got room for smokers but after we complained we got adequate room. The hotel is very close to major road and there is lot of traffic noise.

The pool was nice. Hotel room was clean and spacious.

There was a dirty towel in he bathroom with stains, other than that it was a great experience

I enjoyed he waffles that were given at breakfast, it certainly surprised me.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Much like my last stay there a few months back: Convenient location, good prices, clean room & lobby and pleasant staff. I really enjoyed Kera during breakfast in the morning. She was full of energy, funny & very attentive! She made our day & our stay even more enjoyable then the last time. I look forward to my next stay.

There is no hot breakfast as advertised. Only sliced bread, muffins and bagels- not even butter or cream cheese for them. For the amount of money they charge per night , they should at least be at level with Comfort Inn or similar establishments.

• King Room with Mobility Access - Smoking

Location a bit out of the way. Advertised had a gift shop but not really.

Continental breakfast, availability of room service, availability of laundry facilities, staff.

Room was small, but we were there just one night and it had what we needed. It was clean and inviting. The 9 year old loved the pool. I loved have the free breakfast before starting the trip.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The decor was like the ghetto, the beds were worn out and small. My grandbaby was bitten by bed bugs. Outside the room, it was dirty and a pair of panties was on the sidewalk that was outside the rooms. There are bars on the bathroom window, the hotel is outdated and looks like a slum.

The kitchen food was convenient and the staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The food selection was not par to the HJ ive stayed in. the rooms were cheap motel rooms for a high price. will look else were when i stay in ocala.

People at the desk and food service were awesome! very friendly

Odor in the room, when lights were turned on bugs were on the wall, used own blankets and pillows, pubic hair on sink and in bathroom area. Dirty floors had to wear socks. Was only for a few hours to get some sleep, wouldn't stay past that.

Comfortable bed.

Managment openly admitted tp throwing away a "empty bag" found in the room safe after we checked out. We reported the money missing. Managment did nothing to try to correct the problem.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast we ordered we really didn’t need. It was bacon and eggs; the eggs were over cooked and it took a while for the food to arrive. The buffet was fine we could have stuck to that and been perfectly happy.

We lost a piece of jewelry down the sink and we asked a maintenance man to help us. He got a buddy and helped us rescue a pendant with a special diamond in it. Thanks man!!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was on the large front car park and some guests were quite noisy when arriving late Need to drive to get to alternate restaurants

Comfy, spacious, clean room with microwave and fridge. One of the better breakfasts and dinners, even though there were no gluten free or vegetarian options.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sheets were to thin, the comforter was ripped, the hot water for showers was luke warm. The pictures on line were bettter then in person.😫 Coffee was horrible!!!

air conditioner worked, loved the big chair outside!

• Standard King Room - Smoking

MY ROOM WAS OVER BOOKED DIDNT GET THE KINGSIZE BED/ ROOM I WANTED HAD TO WAIT FOR AWHILE GOT A QUEEN SIZE ROOM INSTEAD STILL CHARGED ME THE SAME. ORDERED FOOD FISH WAS OVERCOOKED COULDNT SEE IT NOR TASTE IT FOOD COLD AND GREASY!

STAFF WAS FRIENDLY VERY HELPFUL!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I realize rooms are a supply and demand commodity but as clean as this place was it was not worth the money we paid. 2 double beds, queens would have been much more comfortable.

The front desk staff was very friendly! The room was average but clean!

Low toilet and weather could have cooperated.

the room clean the staff very helpful couldnt be better. Great bed, rest needed updating but clean. Everybody asked what they could do to make our stay more pleasant. We were well taken care of!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

50 count frayed sheets! Sketchy types milling around. Every smoker within 50 miles were here smoking around my NS room. A pet fee for a room with burned bedspreads. Employees not empowered had to wait for third person for any resolution. Marginal beds. I booked this based on the rating, where was this motel?

Room clean, friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very old fashioned, clean, comfortable room. We booked it last minute on a very busy night, so I understand the price is going to be high. But, it was a bit too high. We had no choice, hough

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very average . The Wifi would not stay connected. The price says location is the key as I paid way more than I would have expected for the quality of the facility.

Bathroom and vanity very clean. Beds average comfort. Parking convenient.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible Continental breakfast and coffee. It was not possible to take a bath only shower due to issue with the faucet. Lots of highway noise

It was clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only thing that I didnt like was that we dont have something of that value and quality in Gainesville, Fl. Wish we didnt have to leave so soon.

Everything.... dont be fooled by the outside appearance of the building. The staff went out of their way to help us out. The kids loved the pool and hot tub. They didnt want to leave.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked everything about it!!! The rooms were clean, a great shower and the water was really hot, the staff was excellent, and the breakfast was extensive. A really great place to stay!!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was constant noise from the interstate. Seemed like cars & trucks were right outside my window. Goes on all day & night.

The room was clean and nice. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

not really a complaint because they are just doing their job, but ground-keepers would blow sidewalks and ground every evening around 5pm or so. Only loud for about 2 or 3 minutes when you are in your room.

Staff is very helpful and friendly in person. Even Housekeeping is Friendly & Helpful. Entire Facility is updated and welcoming and clean inside and out. Extremely Excellent for Price. 2nd time we've stayed there for business. Not fancy but very comfortable. Smells Clean. Big refrigerators for lengthy stays. We stayed 5 nights (2 rooms) & no complaints. Great TVs. Really like this place will continue to stay there when in Ocala.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Road noise from highway. Smelled of chlorine.

Relatively clean, well managed, fairly priced, comfortable room, TV better than average, includes fridge and microwave

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shampoo and soap were the only extras. There was no lotion or hair rinse. The breakfast, even though advertised as contenential, was light, in comparison to other places we’ve stayed on this vacation.

The decor was nice and fit the Howard Johnson color theme.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we checked in, the guests in the room next to us was very noisy all night long. They did not go to sleep. They talked very loud, screamed, banged etc. Me and my husband were traveling all day and did not which to change rooms so late at night. We called the front desk twice and she did nothing to quiet the guest. The morning supervisor on duty was unfriendly and had no power to make any adjustments or refunds. Had to wait to talk to the owner. She informed us that the police should of been called by the front desk agent on duty. Aside from all of that, the refrigerator leaked and the carpets had dirty areas.

The property is nice overall. The rooms are nice and updated and mostly clean. The restroom and shower was clean. Slow water flow though. The beds had no hair on them and were very clean. The manager is very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cedric was a welcoming face at the front desk...He was very friendly & accommodating to a stressed out Mom! He made it easy to check in & offered to help with anything...Also, he gave me extra towels before I even asked...Well done! In the morning, Kera was great at making sure all the guests had everything they needed...She was alone, but served breakfast with such a pleasantly fun attitude! She didn’t let anything take away her smile!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pizza wasn’t all that great, and it’s right on the interstate.

The rooms are very clean, look as though they were recently painted. Furniture was new.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevators, no help with the suitcases. Lots of pillows but not many options, all pillows are extremely high.

The staff was super nice. The complementary breakfast meet my expectations.

• King Room with Mobility Access - Non - Smoking

As a solo woman, staying on ground floor, with an outside entrance door was a little daunting. But it was fine.

I was more than surprised when this room turned out to be as nice as it was. The staff was incredible. The room clean. Breakfast a deal. Being somewhat of a hotel snob that tends to only stay at 3 star and up hotels, I wasn’t sure what I was going to get. But the experience at this hotel was wonderful and the staff, just fantastic.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Lots of activity in the parking lot. Food at the restaurant was soso

We liked everything about this Howard Johnsons. The staff was great. The room was very comfortable.

Probably because of the new floor, there were no base boards (see picture). Also the paint in the bathroom door was peeling. Probably the most inconvenient thing was that there were no restaurants nearby other than the hotel's. The breakfast included cereals, toast, waffles, fruits (so far so good) and hard boiled eggs (2 and floating peeled in a bowl of water with pieces of hard boiled eggs).

The bed was very comfortable and the floor had been recently renovated.The decor of the room was very nice and above expectations for this price range. Despite other reviews I had read, the room was very quiet. You had to really strain to vaguely hear a little of the highway traffic. And a good thing was that it was easily accessible form the highway.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pricing are different than booking.com confirm at the time of booking, and the hotel staff keep on argued, she does not know booking.com , she charge their standard rate .. later morning while talking to manager , he revised the charge but again was higher price the booking app confirm me.

Clean and no bed bugs

Only one thing was kind of awkward, yet not a deal breaker for my future trips. The toilets are to low to the ground.

Very friendly & accommodating. Modern interior with an upgraded environment.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room, overall was not to a good standard. Very shabby. If you have a pet, check the small print as its $25 per night extra. Lots of highway traffic noise (faces on to I75)

Comfortable bed and the young waitress in the restaurant was very friendly and polite. Location with easy access to I75

• King Room with Mobility Access - Non - Smoking

As soon as we walked in the room we noticed that it smelled of cigarette smoke. Granted, it was clearly marked as an non-smoking room. The room was pretty dated. I woke up early and found several small roaches in the bathroom.

We were late arrivals around midnight, it was nice that someone was at the front desk and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I requested accessible room on 1st floor, got 1st floor but not bathroom so unable to use shower. Also the door was hard to open I think due to fresh paint, so it was stuck and had to really crash into door to open. Room # 301

Loved all the pillows on bed-did not have to request more. Room was clean and in order-colors in room were happy. Staff friendly,close to everything and right off off 75. I would stay again and recommend as good for value paid. Handicapped couple and was given room on 1st floor as requested.

• King Room with Mobility Access - Non - Smoking

This time the fridge smelled like trash. It was very noisy outside with other people staying. I keep getting charged for the safe which i tell them i never use. .

I stay there frequently. Fast check in. The rooms are usually clean and comfotable. There is a nice little place to eat.

Nothing. Had a wonderful stay as usual. Will come back.😀

I stay here everytime i come to Ocala. It is a very nice place. Room comfort, clean rooms bathrooms and great staff. Love staying here.

I like softer sheets and bed , I have a bad back and form beds hurt my back , But I really don't have anything bad to say I love it there

I just love the comfort and the room is decorated very nice and a flat screen TV great

• King Room with Mobility Access - Non - Smoking

nothing other than a woman brought a dog into the area when breakfast was being furnished.

Facility and room were very good. Room was kept up to date and not run-down.

THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY ACCOMMODATING. THE RESTAURANT IN THE HOTEL LOOKED VERY NICE AND CLEAN, ALTHOUGH I DID NOT EAT THERE DUE TO MY WORK SCHEDULE. IT WAS VERY BUSY AND THE PATRONS APPEARED TO BE ENJOYING THEIR MEALS AND I DID SEE ALOT OF PATRONS CARRYING TAKEOUT CONTAINERS WITH THEM. THE AMENITIES LOOK GREAT AND THE PATRONS WERE ENJOYING THEM.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No complaints everything was perfect

The rooms are always super clean very nice updated hotel with super soft beds and very modern decor I highly recommend it and the staff are always friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking gets crowded with work trucks and moving vans

Being it hot and humid in Ocala I searched for a hotel with a pool near the highway. I found it along with newly renovated comfortable room. Beds were great and I like the fact that I did not have to go off property for food. The mamagement staff were friendly and accommodating, and I will be here this winter because of reduced rates for more nights stayed. This is truly my place to check into while I am working in Ocala.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very noisy at night.

The rooms were very clean. The staff was super nice and that was very appreciated. They had a beautiful pool and hot tub. We loved having breakfast onsite.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's near a very noisy & busy highway, so it can be hard to sleep well. We brought some earplugs and were okay.

Room was clean and spacious with a small fridge. The bed was comfy. The place seemed well taken care of. The room smelled nice and clean (unlike other places we've stayed).

The only thing that can improve is the front men’s restroom can use a air freshener. The waterless urinal smells as normal.

The choice for breakfast was fine. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was very pleasant stay for me.

We stayed there for one night and woke up the next day with bites all over us. I called to inform them of the possibility of bug bites and they waited almost a week to inspect the room we stayed in and told us they “thoroughly” inspected the room and “our sheets” and there were no bug bites. I was unaware they kept sheets for a week with our names on them. Never ever would I recommend this place!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Picture of hotel shown on booking.com indicated that it was a multi story with indoor hallways. This is an old fashioned style motel with every door open to outdoor hallway. Breakfast was minimal.

Room was clean.

• King Room with Mobility Access - Non - Smoking

The appearance from the outside needs work and the windows were plexiglass and the refrigerator was unplugged so water was in it upon arrival!

The rooms were nice!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't like the fact that we had to go up the stairs to get to our second floor room late at night with suitcases. It's been a long time since we stayed at a hotel that didn't have an elevator either inside or out.

The staff was particularly friendly both at check-in late at night and the following morning. A member of the cleaning staff, katoya, greeted us as we left our room with, "Good morning! I hope you enjoyed your stay with us". We have traveled all over the world and this is the first time we have ever heard that, or anything really friendly and positive from anyone on the cleaning staff. It made our day.

Noise from loud guests partying in the parking lot late at night after a nearby football game...but that wasn't the hotel's fault.

It is an older hotel but has be refurbished and updated. All facilities seem to work great, rooms are clean and comfortable, and the price is right.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Just an old style motel, albeit apparently re painted and with updated furnishings. Just the motel layout not to my style or liking

It was just a one night stop to escape the hurricane Irma and whilst it is not the type of hotel I would normally use, it was clean and tidy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They needed a stain remover for the toilet. There was a dark pooped colored stain that settled like dirt in the toilet. It made an other wise clean bathroom seem SUPER UNclean!

I liked that the waffle mix had some flavor. The huge orange chair was a very nice photo op for our dog.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

The valves in the bathtub were filthy there fore we didn't use the fancy jacuzzi tub. The baby lizards were awful,one got in our room.there was a gap at the bottom of the door, weather stripping will prevent this in the future.

The pool and spa was fantastic. The complmentary breakfast bar was good.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

I was surprised it had a restaurant with room service the food was excellent. The front desk staff Crystal was amazing ! I would definitely recommend this property and I will stay here again when iam in the area..

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the breakfast it was awful. Service desk worker wasn't very friendly didn't seem to be concern how long you waited in line to checkout due to them just have a chatty conversation with someone else that wasn't checking in or out. Was disappointed that I wasn't informed I had to pay a deposit before I could check in. Didn't have enough was cloth or towels in the room. Don't believe I will be staying here again..

Bed was comfortable.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

The food at the restaurant was deplorable. Ordered the clam and flounder plate and everything came out cold. Our drinks were served 20 minutes after we ordered and came with no ice.

Location was great. Staff was friendly. Pool was very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Lack of higiene, in addition the star rating did not match at all the description of the hotel or rooms, the breakfast was poor not including an omelette I paid for and was full of grease thus I left untouched

Bugs in bed, carpet stained

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nicely renovated property with basic amenties and nice pool. Seems to have a lot of working people in area temporarily who like to sit outside their rooms. A bit unnerving, but everyone was very friendly

Browse Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocala FL traveller photo gallery