Reviews of Inn of Chicago 3 stars

162 East Ohio Street, Streeterville, Chicago, IL 60611, USA

#133 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Not the greatest
    • Queen Room

The air conditioning wasn't very good. The room never got totally cold, there was a lot of moisture in the room, and the bed was not comfortable whatsoever.

The location was great

The location and service was exceptional.
    • Queen Room

This hotel is going through a transformation stage. They are remodeling rooms and training new staff. If you get on the wrong side of the remodeling project, it could impact your stay.

The location and service was exceptional. From our room you could see lake Michigan and the magnificent mile. They also have a roof top terrace that is unique.

Ideal location. Good value for money

Couldn’t find my booking when we arrived which took a while to sort out. Bathroom a little small, no fridge in room

Great location, very comfortable beds. Good aircon

Lobby was nice but that was about it.

Cleanliness. The area after the sun went down. Tiny elevators. Hotel just looks old. Renovation was only to the lobby (deception) I know it's in Chicago but over $400 for 2 nights....Come on man!!

Lobby was nice but that was about it. The lobby was upgraded but the rest of the hotel was straight out of the 40s. If you have luggage make sure you bring one bag at a time because the elevators are hella small. The rest of the hotel was not very well kept. It was dirty. Our room was ok but not very clean. In fact while I was showering, i looked up and there was a band aid stuck to the vent. Just gross. $400 for two night, you're better off parking at a parking structure and sleeping in your car.

I always enjoy my stay there.

The weekends are too expensive.

I love the location. Also the coffee shop connected. Check in and out is very easy. It is my first choice every time I come to Chicago.

It was close to everything.
    • Queen Room

Expected more given the area that it was in. Pay to park everywhere. Hotel didn’t have free parking for guests. Bathroom could have been cleaner there was mold or mildew on the ceiling, tile and shower head.

It was close to everything.

Disappointed

Old, shabby, musty property needs refurbishing. Bathroom appearance circa 1950’s and Amenities not stocked upon arrival. Had to ask for them and also a second washcloth (for 2 people). No info provided in room for TV, phone, hotel services (essentially there were none, I suppose) or the city. No food available on site. Concierge service was mixed from OK to unhelpful depending on who was on duty if we could find anyone.

Comfy bed.

I enjoyed my stay
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The air conditioner was loud. Their elevators are really small.

Everything was good. The building is beautiful and considering it’s old, it’s well maintained. The staff are lovely and helpful-they allowed me to print of a few different documents during the stay. The location is great! It’s near Navy Pier, The Magnificent Mile and a lot of really good restaurants. The rooms were clean and always smelled good. I would stay again.

The place is a dump.

Their is so much to say here. The rooms are a dump. DO NOT STAY HERE. I tried to cancel upon seeing the room but neither booking.com nor Inn of Chicago would help. It ruined my weekend.

Reasonable economy accommodations.

The room was small and the bath very small and in need of updating. Very little shelf space in bath, no fan, mirror backing deteriorating. Everything was clean, but on the edge of shabby. Not up to expectations from web site photos or Best Western name.

It is in a very convenient location, staff is friendly and helpful, beds were very good. OK value on balance.

Only liked the location!
    • Queen Room

You can say they gave us the suckiest room they could find. Room very small. Really outdated, this was suppose to be a memorable night well let me tell yall it was but for all the wrong reasons. Next time ill just pay $20+ more to stay at a nice updated hotel. Oh our view was a......wall!

Only liked the location!!!

Terrible...

This Hotel sold my 3 rooms for 4 night, because they sad they haven't received my payment, while my credit card ( OCBC NISP ) already charged the payment !! This was a terrible experience, I will never comeback to this Hotel !!

We were only there for one night, but we enjoyed our stay. Nice room & staff.

A little pricey, but I guess that is because of the location, very near Magnificent mile and Navy Pier, which was our main destination.

The lobby was very cozy, we sat there for awhile just talking, enjoying the light music & watching the people go by. Our room temp was comfortable (which is a big plus) and the bed was very comfortable.

Would not recommend

They had no hot water. The room smelled of dog and the front desk staff was rude. The manager was pleasant however when I asked for him.

Good location.

The building ia quite old.

I dont like the room and also the reception which is not giving any tolerance at all.

The building ia quite old. Plus point abt inn of chicago just the location.

It was an okay pick for our stay- will not stay here again.
    • Queen Room

The bathrooms were dirty and small. There was no bathtub plug. When turning the water on, it came out black the first time. The mirror in the bathroom had mold on it. Housekeeping did not come until the last day we were there.

The location was the best for a quick trip. The staff did give a free upgrade to give us two beds. The beds were comfortable.

• Queen Room

The customer service sucks! I requested a refrigerator prior to check in, but there was no refrigerator in the room. Called the front desk and they said they would check and get back to me but no one got back to me. I called back in 2 hrs and another person said she would find out what was going on and get back to me, but didn't. So around 10 pm, I went downstairs and talked to a receptionist. He apologized and said someone should have let me know that there were no available refridgerators. He said he would leave a note for the manager to reach out to me the next morning, and that someone would let me know when a refrigerator becomes available. I was there for 6 days and no one called me. Really terrible customer service.

The best thing about Inn of Chicago is the location. It is very strategically located in the Magnificent mile and is a short walk to a large variety of shopping outlets and stores around, close to public transportation, several restaurants and about 10 mins from the Navy pier. The lobby at the hotel is very nice and up to date. However, once you go upstairs to the rooms, you notice how outdated they are - The toilet seat was even peeling off. The rooms are kept clean, though. The porter was very helpful with my luggage. The WiFi was free and worked pretty well. The Gym was simple but efficient - It had a treadmill and an elliptical as well as free weights and a weight machine. The good thing was they provided clean towels for the workout as well as water. Breakfast is not provided, however there is a cafe on the first floor. Another good thing about this place is they have a green program for water conservation and rewarding clients who decide to skip a day or two of room service. I used my reward voucher at Innbar to get a drink. Last but not the least, the view from the rooftop was awesome. Would have gladly gone back but for the service I received.

I really not recommend this hotel , just days ago I have my...

I really not recommend this hotel , just days ago I have my airpds stolen inside my room. No solutions from board or manger was done just excuses and some “ dinners from free” . I am really disappointed with how they treat their guests . To complete , rooms need maintenance and there is not in accordance with ok lobby style .

Great location. Reasonable rates.
    • Queen Room

Not that I didn’t like, but a bar on the rooftop deck would have been fantastic.

The location was fantastic. It’s an older property, but I need a place to crash, not a luxury room at luxury prices. A few blocks from the red line, which was a definite bonus.

We had a short stay but it was overall good and convenient
    • Queen Room

I booked a queen and we were in a double bed which is fine it was just for a few hours stay for business. The rooms were a little dated with wall paper falling off by the air conditioner.

I liked the terrace. The faculty was dealing with a difficult customer in the bar and handled the situation very well. The bed was soft and comfortable.

Pics online is very photoshopped

Tiny tiny bathroom. Outdated faded mirrors. Advice @homestore has them for only $40. Tub needs work too. Views are not the best if that’s your interest.

Location. Location is what matters if you plan to stay a night. It’s a great spot. Staff is very helpful and concern of your needs. Lobby very crisp, clean and refreshing aroma.

Never again would I stay at the Inn of Chicago.
    • Queen Room

Our room (925) was so small you could barely get from one side to the other. The main problem was a huge heat exchange unit protruding from a window. Usually these types of units are built into the wall. Ours, however, was mounted in a window. The unit made so much noise it was very difficult to sleep. The bathroom was so small that there could be only one toiletry bag in it at a time.

Roof top
    • Queen Room

No shower curtain after asking for them over and over. Left with out ever receiving a shower curtain. Not the cleanest bathroom. Long lines to check in and out.

Roof top Welcome package

very very enjoyable. thank you

Yes , i wanted to extend my stay, they did not accept cash. this is not very nice.

Location is very nice. The beds were very comfortable. The Staff were very friendly . I got value for my money . Thank you guys

Nice little place in city. Close to downtown and transportation.
    • Queen Room

Bathroom is too small in my room. Otherwise, not bad for price. I would stay again.

Close to downtown. Lots if restaurants nearby. Clean, safe. Nice little bar. Rooftop view to see city

Enjoyed my stay. Would stay again
    • Queen Room

Really enjoyed the stay just some small things. Stayed in room 1022 the halls on that floor could do with a regular vacuum clean. The room was very clean the AC was very noisy when on, bathroom was clean could use an update tap in shower had mold on the inside of it the mirror needs replacing.

Location & staff awesome

I persona liked that the hotel is placed right in the middle...

The first day there I went in the restroom to shower and it was not clea it was as if the last guest had just left and then they just put us in i don’t know but with the amount of money I payed I was expecting much more

I persona liked that the hotel is placed right in the middle where most of everything is located which is why we stayed there in the first place is was the closest to almost everything you need on your first visit there and not get lost

No room service

Clean tidy rooms, friendly staff, good location. If you stayed green you were rewarded with a $5 drink voucher. Free WiFi was great. Small bar fridge available.

It was acceptable and very conveniently located.

No instructions/guide for TV. Room smelled bad when I walked in. Bathroom mirror old, black, and gross-can't see well thru it(I changed rooms after the first day). Workout room- had no ventilation and smelled bad also. Hand weighs not less than 15#. No leg press.

Clean, air/heat worked. Bed comfy. TV ok. I like the green card that you hang on door to waive housekeeping(they give $5. Voucher for bar each night)

A fantastic location and excellent service.
    • Queen Room

The room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable! This location is a great one since it's on the Magnificent Mile. It's near a variety of restaurants and shops just walking distance from the hotel. This is a great place to stay if you're planning on doing a lot of walking in Chicago downtown area.

Old building, ideal location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was nothing special about the room, or the facilities. There were some weird chips in the wall, but for the most part, everything was clean and acceptable. Nothing to complain about. The location is close to unbeatable. Just 100 yards off the main drag, with everything you could want within walking distance. The room was small, and the view wasn't good, but who goes to downtown chicago to stay in their room and look out the window?

I had fun because it was close to the event venue. The porter a talk white man was so helpful and a
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

No breakfast,beds are small and how it's easy for just about anybody including strangers to access the facility

Staff were nice and helpful especially the porters.however they should make effort to add breakfast to their rental

The first room which they gave me at my arrival the internet...
    • Queen Room

The first room which they gave me at my arrival the internet had no signal enough to communicate. When living I need a printer for my flight check in and it is not available.

Perfect location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I have booked Deluxe room with Queen bed instead did recieve standard and has been advised on reception that there is no any available room at this moment and they can change only next day. This is not acceptable at all! Staff is not friendly, rooms are durty and old. Hair dryer didnt work. Hotel with not reasonable prices.

Perfect location.

Location location location, also rooftop area was lovely
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

It needed a bit of updating bathroom and carpet especially. A mini fridge would have been nice.

Location location location, also rooftop area was lovely

Would we stay here again? Since we were desperate, it wasn't so bad. But not if I had a choice.
    • Queen Room

For paying this much money, we were put in a matchbox of a room, and our view was of another building's roof. Absolutely no natural light. It felt claustrophobic, and did not have room to fit 2 people, a bed and 2 carry ons. They need to convert that room into a closet and not rent it out.

Location of this hotel was great. It was the cheapest hotel (at $250) because there were a few conventions in town. Front desk staff was very friendly and the downstairs lobby was very cute with plenty of power plugs and space to sit and work if you needed to. It also had a coffee shop right next door which was very convenient.

The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and...
    • Queen Room

The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our air conditioning in the room wasn't working and they sent a maintenance person right up and he fixed the issue right away!

Great location at the MagMile, quite at the same time.
    • Queen Room

- very unpleasant lady at the front desk when we arrived, - one day they forget to clean the room, - the cleanning staffs usually knock at the doors between 8:00am - 9:00am, even on weekend days to check if you are in. During our stay they woke we up a few times - the shower is horrible. The water stream is veeeeery weak. Sometimes you will have to wait in order to have enough water to shower. Beware that the (warm) water may run out while you are showering and you will have to go on with freezingly cold water

Great location at the MagMile, quite at the same time. Cleanness is also a plus

great value perfect location.
    • Queen Room

no microwave, should have one at least. Door knob almost broke and difficult to open.

great value perfect location. No fridge but was offered to bring one to our room which is great.

Good Location, Poor Room
    • Queen Room

Room was awful. Whole place was dirty beyond what any cleaning staff could take care of on a daily basis - i.e., stains on the carpet and the ceiling, all furniture had tons of nicks and scratches. Furniture looked like they had pulled random dorm room furniture off of Craigslist. Bed was broken, so that it sagged about a foot in the middle, couldn't get a good night sleep and actually cut my stay short and went somewhere else because of this. Good location, but no room should look and function like this.

The staff were friendly, nice terrace on the top floor was great in the warm weather.

Really great location within magnificent mile and all downtown sights. The downside was the noise.
    • Queen Room

Really loud fan when A/C unit wasn't even on. Also the toilets were not clean well in the room.

Location was great. Close walking distance to lots of great food and sights.

front desk appeared over worked, tired, rushed... set a wake up call but never got it. Stayed last year and the concierge was much more helpful with suggestions how to get around Chicago, sites to see, etc.

Lousy internet connection. Had to wait 3 hrs every night to clear the network.

George night manager very rude. Not helpful. Unhospitable. Argue with customer. He shd not work in the hospitality business.

Clean sheets. Room smells clean. Allergic to cigarette smoke.

Completely Terrible
    • Queen Room

The facility, the cleanliness, the water stopped working for an hour, then the water came out a black color for 30 minutes. The television did not work and there were numerous stains in sheets.

Great location. Room a bit dated but had everything I needed.
    • Queen Room

No soundproofing, I could hear every word my neighbours spoke! Coffee machine was confusing but I got there eventually.

Bed comfortable, location perfect.

Awful
    • Queen Room

Checked in for only an hour before checking out and not being able to get money back... bed was broken in room... room was nothing like the pictures... and it was not clean at all... staff was rude!

Very clean comfortable beds, room and toiler.
    • Queen Room

Hotel is a bit dated. They wanted to charge me US$75 just to check out slightly later at 2pm. Some goodwill (if room available) doesn’t harm. It’s only an additional 2hrs of my 6night stay!

Very clean comfortable beds, room and toiler. Excellent location and good value compared to surrounding hotels in the area.

not the best - room ok but there are lots of places to stay in Chicago

there was a $50 deductible charged to my card for incidentals ... to be refunded if none were incurred. Fine, I get that. However they charged this A WEEK AFTER I stayed there. For the first time. This makes no sense. Also, no one replied to an email I sent to their customer support about this. So , be warned.

decent price for a good location

Wish I could afford to stay longer.

Can’t think of any

The bed was comfy I slept hard on it and didn’t want to get up. So far this is my favorite hotel that I’ve stayed at so far and me second time staying here too! Will definitely be doing it again in a couple months! I also enjoyed the inside bar as well! Really enjoyed the drinks and the bar tender!

Cheap hotel, great location, don’t expect the Ritz if you don’t want to pay for it.
    • Queen Room

Old, needs updating, but worth the money for its location. You get what you pay for. TV didn’t work.

Great lobby upkeep, staff very professional and friendly.

Can I get my money back?
    • Queen Room

The staff are rude, and the room furniture is literally falling apart. They don’t accept cash. The front desk is understaffed while the concierge just stands around all day. One employee called me early in the morning and sounded like a prostitute.

The location is great.

I liked the location.

The room was out of date. The bathroom needed some TLC. There was no fridge or microwave in the room. No USB ports in the room. Very few outlets. It needed updated.

I liked the location. The staff was easy to work with.

Wouldn’t stay here again would rather pay a little extra instead for different hotel
    • Queen Room

Room was smaller than expected. Not as nice as I thought as well. Concert was going on that weekend so the whole floor was extremely loud all through both nights we stayed had to call security twice on them.

Location was pretty good

Good location, most of the rooms are not renovated so be aware of it!
    • Queen Room

The nice rooms you see in main of the pictures are only few, considering all the hotel floors. The not renovated rooms look very old. Be prepared to stay in one of them or ask to be located on the 16th/17th/18th floor. In my case they didn't have any room left on those floors.

Good location, very central and close to many attractions, shops and subway stations

Not worth the money for what you get.
    • Queen Room

The pictures are deceiving. The rooms are much smaller than expected and every room has a tired, dirty and outdated feel to it. For how much you pay you can get a much nicer room down the street at a competitor’s hotel.

Location is pretty good if you are looking to stay in that area.

Room was cozy.
    • Queen Room

Room was cozy..location was excellent just one block west of michigan street. Staff was extremely courteous. Altogether it made my trip a pleasant experience. thanks Inn of Chicago.

Uncomfortable
    • Queen Room

The room was very outdated and the mirror in the bathroom was covered in rust. The mattress was so worn that it sloped into the middle of the bed and was just generally uncomfortable, we had a very bad nights sleep.

2 positives are the hotels location and the roof terrace with views of the city.

Cheap room and good location but the quality def lacks.

The walls are paper thin and we heard everything that went on a few rooms down, and also the wall paper was ripping and the room looked dingy overall.

I will definitely stay again in the hotel!

the wifi facility was poor..the room that was given to us initially has a funny and awful smell but they manage to change and upgraded our room!thanks to the friendly staff.

the location was excellent!!everything was in the area!

Great location for a good price
    • Queen Room

I would describe this hotel as "servicable" - it served its purpose. Great price, great location. The room was tiny as was the bathroom. Comfortable and clean bed which is all I really needed for this trip.

The location is great.
    • Queen Room

The location is great. Our conference is held in Sheraton Grand Chicago, and this hotel is only 10 mins walk away. There is a whole food market and numerous great restaurants around the hotel. Really really convenient. And it's really cheap compared to the other hotels in the center of the city.

Short and sweet!
    • Queen Room

The bed was super uncomfortable and the room looked a little out of touch.

The view from up top and the fact that they had vallet parking. The lobby was really modern and the price was also pretty good.

At the price they charge, they definitely come through. I will definitely go back and stay here.
    • Queen Room

The rooms were a little old and needs updating. The elevator is small/slow/old but expected since it is an old building. Also, my room was facing the street so it was noisy. Likewise, opening the window was not an option. The heating was central so even though I was feeling cold, I could not regulate the temperature.

First of all, it is one of the cheapest hotel to stay in downtown Chicago. I had work right around the corner so I booked this hotel but it is a convenient place to go anywhere from this hotel. Hotel: The lobby was fancy and has a nice cafe. However, the rooms are a little old I had all the amenities I needed: shower gel, shampoo, soap, dryer, coffee machine etc. I asked for extra toothpaste and brush which they were happy to provide. Staff:The staff were warm and amazing. The doorman was really friendly and helped me navigating.

I hated it because I have to pay for the parking and the room was outdated
    • Queen Room

Parking is $50 per overnight and it was not mentioned by booking websites which adds to the amount you will pay if you drive there. The room was outdated and also smelled weird. The pictures don't match what it looks like.

The location that is it

Simply disappointing.
    • Queen Room

Photos in ad were deceptive. Rooms and beds appeared much larger. The room was claustrophobic and my feet hung off the bed...and I'm only 5'10". Ice was only available on even numbered floors; not convenient, at all. The non-smoking room smelled of smoke and oddly, probably, illegally, the windows were screwed shut, so I couldnt even open the window to attempt to get in fresh air. The heating system waa either hell or Antarctica. Lastly, they claimed I had to make a deposit, but the deposit was supposed to be taken...lol...it's been charged. Terrible.

Good place X Bad hotel's policy and bad attention!
    • Queen Room

Much noise at the corridors and close to the lift, because of the idiot drunkers of the bar! It's a very bad idea hotel with bar thinking the guests need sleeping at night. I didn't get to sleep two nights! Hotel's policy very bad! They've charged me US$ 50 of my credit card like guarantee and I've only had my money back today, one month after my check-in. It's an absurd! If the hotel have to charge the guest something, it must be done at check-out time and not before. I've have been in more than 300 hotels around the world and I've never seen this before. Before my arrival, I've get an email informing about the my booking's cancelation. I've send an email and no any answer and many others emails about the value improperly charged as described above and no any answer too.

Location is fantastic! Very beautiful place in a amazing city! Room very comfortable and clean.

Wish id never went there. I just needed a place to reset for the week. Terrible. Would not recommend
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

I hated the fact that staff felt it was ok to barge into my room. If the chain wasn't on my door I'd been caught in the nude more then once. The front desk manager was rude and Curt has no respect for me.

I thought the lobby looked like a nice new modern hotel.

I thought the lobby looked like a nice new modern hotel. The rooms and upper floors looked like the opposite. The room was small, dated, and the bathroom was so tiny.

Inn of Chicago

We stayed for St. Patrick's Day weekend. It was conveniently located within walking distance of many sites of interest. Check-in was smooth and painless. Great staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Very reasonably priced and easy to work with. We needed to shorten our stay due to unforeseen family events and George made sure our changes to our stay were taken care of. Cleaning staff was extremely friendly. Would definitely stay again.

We had a great stay.

Some updating - wall paint, brighter lighting for reading in the room.

As usual, our stay was excellent. Staff particularly courteous. Love the location.

It was a home away from home .

I liked everything

The room was very home like it made us feel really comfortable the bed was very nice as well . The view was beautiful and the restaurant and stores were so convenient it was right next to us . Walking distance everywhere.

I think it’s ridiculous to have to pay to park.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

I think it’s ridiculous to have to pay to park. When I called ahead and asked about parking, whomever answered the phone assured me parking in the hotel ramp was th closest and cheapest...LIE, that’s horrible customer service in my eyes

Perfect spot.
    • Queen Room

I did not like that I requested a later check out time months before arrival,due to my flight time. Which they did not accommodate.

Loved the location. It was right in the middle If everything. The lobby is beautiful. Rooftop terrace is beautiful. Staff was friendly and nice.

The location was perfect, not too far from sight seeing.

The rooms practically looked like you were in a motel.

The location was perfect, not too far from sight seeing. We were able to check in at a earlier time which was SO convenient for us. They allowed us to leave our bags with front desk while we shopped since we had to check out.

I am very happy with my stay and plan to return
    • Queen Room

All the Vendingm achines were out of order

The staff was very helpful! The building is beautiful and modern!!! And in walking distance from pretty much anywhere we needed to go!!!