Reviews of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront 3 stars

1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#24 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Not enough staff. Breakfast bad. Coffee was so strong you cut it into squares. Filled my cup with half water and cream to e able to drink it.😢

No T.V service 3days we where there. Called disk he said he could not help me. Because he was only one there. Hotel to big for just one person to handle problems.

• Standard Room

Parking not very good as I had to kind of squeeze my car into the parking lot on the lower level. Not that close to good restaurants.

Very nice bar and restaurant and the staff there extremely nice and friendly. Great actress to the beach.

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

horrible room- over looked the parking lot- cars were parked in the porch- the gate for the garage was right next to the room- the door was being slammed all hours of the night- cars driving back and forth to park- didn't sleep the whole time we were there. we were told the room was going to be an ocean view family suite and it was far from it- will never return there again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

The only bad thing is it’s a little far from the boardwalk. Every thing else is great though!

Loved the food in the restaurant...it was amazing! We ate there every day and tried something new every day, and was never disappointed!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

Although we were there just out of season, I can imagine it could be very busy in full season. With larger numbers of people involved no doubt a noisier environment.

The staff were very helpful and the food served in the bar was good, but there was not much to chose from the menu

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

People working in the restaurant were not friendly at all. Didn't even say Good Morning. Motel was too far away from restaurants.We drove to everything. The beach could of used a sweep of the seaweed, just looked dirty. Would of been nice since you pay a resort fee if lounge chairs and umbrellas were included for the beach area.

• Standard Room

The parking lot was full and some people had to park across the street.

Loved the kid pool and the beachfront. We really made use of the fridge and microwave that was good to have in the room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

We booked through booking .com on a rate of circa 99 dollars for a partial sea view room, the room was ground floor on the side of the hotel so we decided to upgrade to at sea front at an extra cost of 30 dollars so far so good. At the time of upgrade we asked for a room that we could keep on for an extra night. When we got down in the morning and confirmed that we wanted to stay an extra night the rate that we were quoted was 249 dollars. We also noted that a couple asked the same question and told that the previous rate was through a third party and this new rate was their own. We decided to move on and found a lovely hotel down the road for 109 dollars sea front per night. Sorry holiday inn staff we won’t be booking with you again.

The hotel was ok , the beach was good but the general area around the hotel lacked any stores or restaurants .

Nothing comes to mind.

The proximity to the beach, the view from our patio, the size & amenities in the room, the restaurant food, the pool, the steel drum in the pool area. We loved our stay and hope to come back.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

The rooms the hotel cleanliness after the lobby sucked I wasn’t expecting to have a motel room and then the common area of the resort be 5 star it was like 2 different places in the same place. The area is run down and old definitely wouldn’t return...

Pool area was nice

A ring and pocket knife came up missing from the room. Not blaming the staff or the hotel, but after a very through search, they were not found.

Staff greeted you every time you passed by.

• Standard Room

Did not like that you had to go to the beach VIA hallway then out instead of going from your sliding door that was facing ocean , and not one chamber maid check to see if we needed anything till the day before we left AND she made me sign a paper that she was there . Did not find that amusing

THE POOL AND HOT TUB , AND THE RESTURANT WAS GOOD

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The layout of the room was weird. The kitchen had no dishes in them (we had to get a Tupperware bin of dishes at the front desk). Our bedroom had a funny smell to it as well.

• Standard Room

I located the room online and reserved an ocean front room at a price guaranteed so I through. When I reached the hotel the room was the worst I"ve seen for the money to be spent. It was an ocean view room more view then ocean. A cause this is a ploy to get a increase for a better room. Then I asked for the total price including taxes for the remainder of our stay. They said it would be one price, but at checkout time it was inflated by $72.00. The markup mentioned but not in the quote giving to me at the desk. Always be prepaid with a second chose you could get a better hotel at the same price. Lesson learned, at the end of the day. The hotel is fine but the business at that location is shady.

The food was delicious and the bed slept very well. The kitchen was nice for the room style.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

The properties says Oceanview and that is not correct when you get there it’s a partial Oceanview and you have to pay to upgrade to get an ocean view. If it’s partial it should say partial.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

The hallway in which our room was located was a little dark. Felt a little uneasy at times. Elevator slow, but used stairs with no problem.

Loved the beach front pool area and dining area. Very well kept. Pool very nice. The fire pits at night were a nice touch. We came back from dinner and we found the fire pits going and a movie being projected. Also thanks for the complimentary drink.

The weather was rainy the weekend I went. I also don’t like that they don’t tell you about the $25/ a night hold they out on your account.

The beds in the rooms were very comfortable, and the restaurant food was amazing.

Staff were amazing and friendly,breakfast was good , had a ocean view/pool view amazing! No complaints except the elevator was out if service for 3 days other than that my family loved our stay and will stay again!

• Standard Room

Good bed, Good view, Good eats and drinks. Only problem was the WiFi. The signal from the hotel next door was stronger than the signal from anywhere in this hotel. I will stay here again because it is an excelant beach front value on a great streach of beach.

• Standard Room

I didnt like the way the building itself is, we had our room on the first floor, and there were metal bars instead of a wall, looking right into the street. Our front door faced the bars.

I liked the view. It was beautiful. Our room came with a full kitchen, even a stove and full sized refrigerator.

• Standard Room

Handicap beach ramp should be more centrally located. Handicap means lack of Mobility. So the long walk is disheartening.

Nice room. Pretty lobby. Good amenities. Liked the patio restaurant and pool area. Pleasant staff.

• Premium Quadruple Room

Resturant was terrible, food was bad and the service was like none. Also I paid for 4 adults in our room and they give you 1 free drink per room , so I guest the other 3 adults should request straws to share our one free drink, when you pay for 4 people you should get one per person so why bother giving only 1 per room, kinda stupid I think

Rooms were very nice needs a little updating , location was great

• Standard Room

Your website was not corect about breakfast included.

I paid more for breakfast and when I got there they said I didn't your web site said it was included but they said it wasn't so I had to pay out of pocket not cool and that was my problem.

• Premium Quadruple Room

Everything was just perfect.Room was clean,breakfast delicious,pool also was warm.Everybody were super friendly,especially activity room director Jessica-AWESOME!Thank you everyone.

The parking lot view

Over all it was nice but I was upset that I paid for oceanfront and I got the view of the parking lot which was right when I walked out onto the balcony

• Premium Quadruple Room

Was on second floor so parking lot was right below us. My room had smashed pretzels under the bed which didn’t seem like room was properly cleaned The outside of the building could use some maintenance

The view was beautiful——was able to see ocean from room Price for the room was decent

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

Hotel was very expensive and was not very well taken care of. Mold in bathroom shower. Dust & dirt in corners. Loose outlets and things that were broken or had been glued to fix. It was ok. I would rate it as a 2.5 star only. Beds were clean & comfortable. Staff in hotel were friendly but restaurant was short staff and waiters did not come check on you or bring tab.

• Standard Room

the room above us was loud and we had to ask the front desk 4 time in 12 hours to address the issue . Then when we ask for a change of room they wanted to charge us more

close to beach and restaurant was friendly

• Standard Room

Hallway near room was a bit dark and had a dip in floor that seemed hazardous and not marked well. Large gate to some rooms was heavy and made a very loud bang if not held onto. Had trouble with lock on patio door. (Referred it to front desk).

Staff was very nice and attentive. Good view of ocean and pool area from restaurant/lounge. Rate not bad for a ocean front property. Refurbished rooms with big frig and large stand up shower.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

The room next to us was full of loud spring breakers. Playing loud music at all hours, we called the front desk to let them know (2am, rap music blaring) and they got them to be quiet IMMEDIATELY. That was pretty awesome.

The view, the location. Very nice.

• Standard Room

The shower would be better if updated. The deck could have also been updated with a little paint.

The view was beautiful even though we were on the South side rather than oceanfront. The pool, hot tub and fire pits made for a great atmosphere along with the games on the deck. The staff was friendly and helpful. Beds and pillows comfortable. Good location!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds with Bunk Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

No problems.

Staff was great. We appreciated the security you hired for bike week. The security woman was very nice and helpful! Thanks for a wonderful trip!

• Premium Quadruple Room

It was a great stay no real complaints

Everything about the trip was great the people and the location was great. We had alot of fun on the beach and in our room and the staff was great. I would go again in a heart beat and am very sad that I had to go.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

the hallway on the building

the bedwas nice and comfortable, the maintenance guy was available when needed ,we have an elevator incident onetime , hope will renovate the building

The parking lot was a bit small. One way in one way out of the second floor parking lot. This might be a bit odd but, the toilet paper roll is on the wall in the back when seated.

The oceanview is amazing, 4 minute drive to the center where there are restaurants and bars. Free parking a plus because most of the restaurants and bars are paid parking or valet only. I liked that we were able to park on the second floor by our room. We were given a voucher for 2 free drinks at the hotel's bar. Good value for the price.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

Only thing out of place was the bathroom door for the pool was broken. I also wish the pool was warmer, but that’s my own taste. It wasn’t actually cold.

The ocean front room views are amazing. It’s a little down the road from the main boardwalk so it’s not as busy. We enjoy going between the Daytona 500 and Bike week. The weather is warm, and no crowds. Very relaxing.

• Standard Room

The staff was amazing. Jose in the cafe went above and beyond for us. The receptionists were very pleasant and accommodating. Bartender made drinks upon special request with ease. My family and I will certainly be back.

• Premium Quadruple Room

When I booked I requested 2 beds since I was traveling with family and later found out beds would be assigned upon arriving at the hotel. We didn’t get the 2nd bed and had to use the pullout couch. Parking for this hotel was great but and I thought it was free. Once st the hotel I learned that it was about $12 per night, good thing I was only spending a night at the hotel.

Proximity to Washington D.C., the pool, and cleanliness of the room. Breakfast was also great at this location.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

Very pricey at during race weekend.

Pleasant staff, beach and pool were perfect. Having a restaurant and bar were nice amenities. Very close to Daytona speedway a plus.

• Premium Quadruple Room

The fan on the air conditioner couldn't be turned down and made sleeping by it tough. I also have a personal pet peeve with the hotel industry- a $100 room turns into a $500 room during an event. If we grocers charged double for bread and milk when it snowed someone would hang us.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

Booked a rate with breakfast thru booking. Com. Some how booking. Com did not put that thru so no breakfast. Also no points because I used a service. As well I could have gotten a better price on the hotel web site. Not happy with booking. Com nor the hotel as they treated me like leper because I used a service

Good fresh food

• Standard Room

The outside of the building is run down.

The room was immaculate, with towel swans and comfortable beds. The outside of the building makes you think the place is run down, but once you get inside, it is exactly opposite.

• Standard Room

My bed sheets were nasty and there was dried toothpaste all over sink. Also the mouthwash in bathroom was opened and used when we got there.

It was on the beach and had fire pits and heated pool.

• Standard Room

It's not well maintained. Trash in parking lots, the restaurant was horrible. Don't waste your money on breakfast there. No buffet its just 2 eggs a slice of bacon and one piece of toast in the restaurant. One cup of coffee, no refill. Ended up being over 160 after fees. Way to high for a substandard "resort". It was no different than any motel for half the price.

It was on the beacb

• Standard Room

Both days we were there the housekeeper tried to enter the room mid morning without even knocking. I reported this at front desk and the clerk immediately notified the Manager of Housekeeping. We would have been more satisfied if the hotel was located closer to the boardwalk / entertainment area. Otherwise, everything was very satisfactory.

• Premium Quadruple Room

The security guard telling my wife she couldn’t smoke in the parking lot. And unsupervised junior football team having a game in the room above us, had to call security.

The beach

That I had to leave o e day earlier then I planned. Othi g to do with the property

The service were great. The staff was courteous. I love the pool area

• Standard Room

The shower was extremely small and it looked like they wadded up paper towel to fill holes in the ceiling.

I liked the location right on the beach and the pool area with a fire pit and hot tub was very nice. I don't remember her name but the woman with short hair in the restaurant did a great job!!

• Standard Room

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean, comfortable and very attractively decorated. The food at the on site restaurant is very good and reasonably price, There is also a lot of value in the room prices - you get more than you paid for. I will most definitely be back.

• Standard Room

Two things .... Not getting my IHG points of 5 nights stay. If you're a tea drinking they only have Kerrigan machines in the room, no regular tea and the water from those always taste like coffee!

The staff were friendly and helpful.

The only thing that was bad had nothing to do with the Resort it was the winds and the seaweed.

All the employers were very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was very good. We had a waiter name Yvri on Wednesday and Thursday evening he was great. We have stayed at this Holiday inn the last three times we have been in Daytona and we have never had a problem. This time the weather was not the best and the beach had a lot of seaweed but we still had walks on the beach and got a little sun. Thanks for a great time!

The staff were very friendly, H20 food was awesome, the pool was well kept as was the entire property and Lelay who works at the H20 treated us as if we were her family, she even gave us her number to stay in touch. We can't wait to come back.

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

My husband and I went there on Sunday and was suppose to stay until Wednesday. We were celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. First when we got there our key cards didn't work. We couldn't get through the gate to our room. I went back down to the front desk and they said it should be fixed. Went back up to the gate and the cards still didn't work. It was raining. They said they would send someone to help us. We waited in the rain. My husband went down to see if someone was coming. Someone finally let us through the gate who just happened to be walking by. The key cards opened the door to the room so I started to take our things to the room. My husband waited in the rain at the gate for the person the front desk was suppose to be sending. When maintenance arrived they gave us new cards that worked. The king suite looked nice, but once being in there. I noticed it was dirty....granted I am a neat freak....but the counters were sticky. That's just gross. We went to dinner and when we came back, our room door was open. Someone had been in our room....that freaked me out....nothing was taken.....at least that I know of.....then we tried to put the air on....the thermostat didn't work....My husband called the front desk.....as we were waiting for someone to come to the room, my husband fixed it.....then in our bedroom the TV wouldn't turn on....not with the remote or just turning the power button on the tv....had to call the front desk again.....finally he got it to work.....then we were trying to watch game of thrones and every 5 minutes the TV went black for 6 seconds through the whole show.....I was sick of the black outs on the tv so I decided to go to sleep.....when I turned down the sheets....there were hairs on the pillow cases and sheets.....that's gross.....I'm now afraid I'm going to have scabies or some sort of disease....

The location....the ocean was beautiful.

The room was very nice but a little rundown. Room Renovations would be good. Very clean.

Cozy bed and a beautiful ocean view ! What more could we ask for ?

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The price was a little high.

I was most impressed with the cleanliness. The housekeeping staff does a superb job. I also very much appreciated that the room was exactly as the pictures on the internet showed it to be. That almost never happens.

• Standard Room

The air conditioner was all or nothing. I couldn't get it set properly to keep room at good temp. I would turn it off and then when room heated turn it back on. Also the elevators were quite slow. Had to wait and then sometimes you rode all the way to top before it took you back down.

I liked the location of hotel. The room wasn't large but had everything neatly placed. It had a balcony so you sit outside and enjoy the ocean sound in the evening. It also had beach towels you could use at the pool so you didn't need to pack as many to bring with you.

No air or fan in extremely slow elevator, seemed like every door handle was broken or loose, and water from kitchen sink was disgusting (brown with large particles of something, maybe rust)

Pool area, beach, activities

• Premium Quadruple Room

Parking was a little tight.

The staff and the food at this resort was excellent. The pool was nice and the beach was amazing. Very family friendly. The fire pits by the pool area are a nice touch.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

many customers look dodgy.. people in wet bathing suits running through lobby bar and restairant

Great location and nearby beach, good facilities in room

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

We loved the hotel atmosphere and friendly staff. The one bedroom suites were beautiful and roomy. Due to our special diets, the staff provided to cooking and eating utensils. We enjoyed the access to the beach and watching the sun rise & set everyday. We had a wonderful experience at this facility.

• King Suite with One King Bed - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Parking was a little cramped. Brought along our compact car. If we had van would have been difficult.

Great oceanfront view. Breakfast was pretty good too.

Old mattresses, worn out towels, and saw a roach on one of the towels. Suppose to be non smoking but every balcony near us had smokers. Our balcony even had ashes on it from previous tenants

Staff was pleasant

room service for cleaning, had to request it twice in four nights, once they were cleaning at 8:30 pm after we returned from dinner.... that's way too late! if you need to hire more people then do so!

• Standard Room

I didn't like that we weren't staying longer

Extremely friendly staff. Zack, a host, was wonderful with our children and learned their names very quickly which made us feel very welcome

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

Room was very nice...very comfy bed! Hotel gave free drinks when we checked in and at happy hour, which was awesome! Also our room was ready for us when we arrived around 10am! The food in the hotel restaurant was amazing!

• Standard Room

The only thing I can say that I didn't like was that my grandkids we're with me and they didn't have Disney Jr on the tv but this place us great

The fenced in kids pool is so great!!!

The only thing we did not like was the girls at the pool wearing thong bathing suits not good for children to see and not good for a hotel that promotes there selves as familyf-riendly priorities.

We had a excellent time there staff was friendly and helpful good food and the rooms were very clean.

Hidden fees galore! Very hard bed! Who charges a 5 dollar bed fee??? And a SURPRISE of a non-smoking balcony. I would have never booked it had I known. I do NOT see it on their web site. And yet you could smell weed several times a day, everyday and they are worried about a cigarette. Pffft!!!! Parking is God awful! I have many new dings on my car which has less than 17,000 miles on it. Miserable stay!!!

The ocean view.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanview - Non-Smoking

The elevator was very hot and slow!!! Parking spaces were very tight under the awning. The balcony was super small.

Room size and Bathroom size were good. Very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The restaurant food and staff were awesome.

• Standard Room

The staff was friendly and efficient, there were pool toys for my young grandson, the water with fruit in the lobby, the proximity to the beach, having a frig and micro in room, the pool was large with a deep end, and the flowers everywhere were a nice addition. Maid service was excellent.

The exterior of the hotel needs some renovating. Parking in the 1st floor of the parking deck is horrendous! I would not recommend parking there unless you drive a small vehicle. There are barely enough parking spaces to fit all of the cars. Another thing that I did not like was the restaurant in the hotel. Service is very slow and the food is way overpriced for the quality. Prices range anywhere from $8 to $12, which doesn't sound pricey but the food we were served was not worth anywhere near that. The food was cold and it tasted like it had been the freezer for a very long time. I'm pretty sure the food is pre-made and heat up in a microwave.

I like that the room felt freshly cleaned upon arrival. It looked clean and it overall felt comfortable. We stayed in the 5th floor and the view was GREAT! I also really liked the staff at the front desk. They are very friendly and approachable.

• Standard Room

There was really nothing to not like. The only thing that may could have been better is parking garage space.

Great view and location. Hotel restaurant was amazing..

• Standard Room

I did not like booking.com misleading me with my room and never getting back to the hotel on our special request ,we ended having to pay even more money .fir $300 a night we should have been looking at more the a black parking lot.we will never use booking.com again 👎

• Standard Room

It was a bit too far away from al the action at the pier. No other "bad" things to report.

The hotel had a very nice pool area with a nice eating/drinking facility. Be sure to try one of the bucket cocktails at the bar :-) Very nice modern rooms with a really nice bathroom. The beach is just a few steps of the property itself. Excellent!

• Standard Room

Elevator small. Didn't understand the difference in ocean view & ocean front, when the whole entire property is facing ocean. I had to pay a up charge for nothing.

Everything good. Would stay there again & yes I would recommend hotel.