Reviews of The Inn On The River 3 stars

2492 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA

#6 of 116 hotels in Pigeon Forge

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Accessible

Breakfast was good. Enjoyed the rocking chairs on the patio. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were very well insulated and did not hear noise in hallway.

Would liked more selection of meat on breakfast bar. Specify I wanted bacon

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Activities were there if you wanted to do. Would definitely stay again but longer.

Loved the fruit available 24/7. Sweet tea and coffee available late. And fresh popcorn from 7 to 10 was awesome. Pools were nice and it had toys for kids. My kids loves it.

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Queen Mini Suite

Staff was great had a problem with the air conditioning someone was there in minutes and got it fixed. Breakfast was very good. You can walk to many places to eat and sitting by the river in a rocking chair was so relaxing. Thanks to all who work there our 32 wedding anniversary was wonderful

no concerns

We made a last minute decision to book a room and stay overnight...it was an excellent place to stay! Very friendly staff, nice breakfast, and we enjoyed sitting around the outdoor fire next to the water.

• Parkside Queen Accessible

The mattress sunk in toward the middle of the bed so that me and my husband kept rolling into each other.

The breakfast was excellent especially compared with other hotels that I have had breakfast at. The fire pit is nice to sit around and meet new people night. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Queen Mini Suite

The shower head was not so hot check it out room 220 And never got to use internet without It being unsecured glad I wasn’t having to work while I was there

Breakfast was good enjoyed it but we did not expect so many people and the line Took forever but it was spring break Have never been to PF in April Will stick to my fall days

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Around 9:15 pm sounded like a herd of horses in hallway, lots of children making lots of noise.

Great selection for breakfast, very clean room. Good location, several restaurants within walking distance.

The ground floor was loud from other guests, nothing that the management had control over, just inconsiderate other guests...Staff was great!

The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was good...I liked the 24 hour coffee bar!

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Queen Mini Suite

There isn’t anything I could complain about. We truly enjoyed everything about our stay . We can’t wait to come back and stay agin.

They went beyond to make the inn so enjoyable that if the weather is bad there is stilll some sort of enjoyment . From the free popcorn or the outstanding breakfast . Where you can enjoy on the heated patio while watching the river.

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Queen Mini Suite

Cost too much for what we got. Not happy with pool/hot tub but due to lack of availability/access. Each time I checked, the pool was full of little girls. Full, like a girl scout troop. Even little girls in the hot tub with life-jackets on. Life-jackets! No one else could use the pool or hot tub. Some places have adult swim only, the first & last hours of the pool day. My suggestion is adopt this policy. It is more important to keep paying adults happy! And, I use the hot tub for pain, which I couldn't do.

Liked the room & balcony. I got a suite & had plenty of room for 3. Liked the breakfast. Beds were great. Places to walk outside on hotel grounds. We encountered guineas.

This is a beautiful property with more elegant appearance than what you expect from usual motel rooms. The breakfast was very good and the staff friendly and warm.

• Parkside Queen Accessible

My husband and I did not care for the eggs.....we have had tastier eggs at other motels. Also, there were many varieties of herbal or fruit teas, but no plain black tea. When I commented to the lady on duty, she offered to check upstairs. However, I declined her nice offer. Also, my husband said the bed was too soft, but that is just his personal preference.

Most of the breakfast offerings were above average. The grits and oatmeal were excellent, and I appreciated the yogurt and fruit varieties. Our room was clean and I appreciated the large bathroom.

The room could have used a table and a chair so my wife had somewhere to put in her makeup.

The staff was great and even called our room to make sure the room met our expectations. The room was comfortable and was a great value.

• Parkside Queen Accessible

It would be better if more comfortable chairs were available.

Staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. Rooms were very clean.

• Parkside Queen Accessible

I loved everything about the property

Everything.. We even had a snowfall.. It was the cleanest place I ever stayed..The staff was wonderful.. They were always cleaning.. I loved this place

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Queen Jacuzzi

Missed microwave in room!

Location is great. Lobby is warm and inviting. Rooms are comfortable. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. We have stayed several times with our granddaughters. They enjoy the river and eating breakfast outside.

What a great location! Everything Pigeon Forge has to offer is minutes away. The breakfast was so delicious. One day we were lucky and got some huge cinnamon buns those sweet things were amazing. The staff is beyond helpful and friendly. The rooms are super comfy. I'm in love with Inn on the River.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Seating for breakfast was not sufficient. Chlorine from indoor pool too strong for me as asthma sufferer.

We do not drink coffee, but breakfast was good. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

It would have been nice to have a desk in our room as we like to shop and surf the internet often.

The breakfast was very nice and the staff members did a great job taking care of everything and keeping things looking nice. We also loved the coffee/ hot chocolate station and the fresh popcorn each evening. Very professional staff!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That the elevator malfunctioned and caused a hard jolt. Elevator was out of order so we had to change rooms so we would not have to carry our luggage up the stairs.

There’s nothing I didn’t like

From the attitude of the staff, to the accommodations, to the atmosphere, it was all about making the stay as pleasant as possible.

The room we were in was down the hall from the indoor pool. Lots of kids running the halls and the hall smelled of Chlorine. I asked for a quiet room I’m a light sleeper so I didn’t sleep well.

It was a nice hotel close to lots of amenities.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking spaces over all we enjoyed are stay. The rest was very comfortable.

Yes eggs were fluffy. And the bed was very comfortable.The parking needs more handicap spaces. My husband has knee problems and we had to park in lower lot as all handicap and close parking spaces would be taken up when we would go to a show and come back in.

Would like to see a higher thread count on pillow cases.

Room smelled good when entering, very clean. Staff very friendly, breakfast had good choices and plentiful. Love the popcorn in the evening, wish it started a little earlier.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

As with all properties along this portion of the parkway, exiting the parking lot can be a challenge during high traffic periods, which are frequent in Pigeon Forge. If the neighboring business would allow a connection through their parking lot, guests would have access to a traffic light, making entry to the parkway much easier.

The breakfast was excellent. The hotel is within walking distance of many of our favorite destinations. The room was clean when we arrived and well maintained throughout our stay. The hotel maintains a short walking path and several small seating areas overlooking the river, which is surprisingly picturesque given the busy setting.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

breakfast was great , great service , cleaniness and beautiful. We love being on the river and eating breakfast every morning outside on the open breakfast bar. Loved the new fire pit by the river

• Parkside King Fireplace

For the price of the room, I expected wonderful accommodations. Left a little to be desired. Bathroom way too small, sink too tall, kind of like it was made from something that was already there, no door on it. TV could have been larger, bed not the best. No desk, only one chair to sit in.

Breakfast was awesome, staff super friendly, quickly fixed a problem we had with refrigerator, good location.

slow elevator but stairs well lit and need to skip elevator anyway

good selection of food (no bacon lol) older employees that provided excellent service with a smile Good coffee (a MUST for me) This property very quiet no noises in the hallways no commodes making unpleasant night noises

• Deluxe Riverside Queen Queen Jacuzzi

The stay was wonderful the staff was fabulous parked our car Android public transportation for the whole visit was great location is in the middle of everything on a river we had a wonderful time

The traffic was so much more than when we were there many years ago. But Dollywood was great and we spent all day their and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Just to explain the coffee question...I don't drink it so I don't know but I'm sure it was as good as everything else. But the breakfast was a great start of each day. The staff was wonderful as we when we arrived it was dark and we couldn't find it at first. I called them 3 times to zero me into their place. They were so kind and understanding as we are older people. Our trip to Pigeon Forge was wonderful!

Everything! Friendly staff, great location within walking distance to shopping and dining. Facility has lots to offer with great outdoor area.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was a little soft but hopefully they will replace the mattress before we go back.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great! There is a variety so everyone can find something they like. The food staff is super nice as well. The room was clean. The cleaning staff was great! It's located right by The Christmas Place so it's easy to find. Just down the street from the Tanger Outlet.

First floor room too near breakfast area. We could here and smell the food quite early. Also the beds need updated.

Our room was very nice and on first floor. We could walk outside to view the river. We could also walk next door to restaurants.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not their fault, but there was noisy construction going on across the river. Lots of big equipment messing up the scenery. Also, parking was difficult at times. Maybe at least ONE space should be numbered for the rooms closest to the room. We were by the lobby, but I had to let mom out at the lobby and park in the back of the building.

Everyone was friendly & helpful! Stayed with my mother in Rm#100 right by the lobby. Close to the breakfast buffet & coffee. The staff allowed me to "borrow" a rocking chair from their porch and put it on our porch for my mom to sit in & enjoy the river view.

location was great for walking to stores and restaurants, nice room, clean great breakfast except for the people who could not read to not feed the ducks more signs maybe would help especially near the eating areas, I also thought maybe staff could tell them the reasons not to feed them if they saw it instead of ignoring the problem.

We booked during an event weekend without knowing; which added 1000s of extra people to the area and the traffic and noise were extreme. The event along with most hotels being sold out, may have caused room prices to increase some too.

beautiful location by the water, excellent amenities and little "extras", great staff-friendly and professional, very, very clean in all areas of hotel and rooms

didn't get the room I expected very small no desk small love seat bathroom very small not worth the price could have stayed at mictroel for a third of the price and just as good as inn on the river

For the first time ever in a review I do not have any negative comments because they did it right the first time!

This hotel deserves the highest score in every category! It is very very clean. I am one to always check the mattress upon check in for cleanliness as well as the rest of the room. This hotel made me feel very at ease. There is no second guessing if you are in a clean room. You can tell the whole room has been scrubbed properly which is so hard to find these days. It makes me believe like there is still good in the world and knowing someone worked hard so I wouldn't have to worry. The staff here actually care about you and your trip. The breakfast is amazing as well with so many options. I can't say enough great things about this property and I have already scheduled my return to them.

I liked everything about this place! The fire pit on the patio by the river was a nice touch. The staff was very polite and helpful. I enjoyed the sweet tea available in the lobby. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable.

I didn't care for the herbal teas for breakfast. A English breakfast tea would have been better. In fact I went out and bought my own. The syrup was not hot for my waffle, though it said hot syrup.

The food was good and the bed restful.

The only thing that could have made it better was to have a comfortable chair in the room.

'I would rate The Inn On The River a 10. It was very clean and the breakfast was as good as it gets! I will return there when visiting again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were friendly and very welcoming. And helpful with all our questions. There were a number lovely touches in our room that made it seem like home. Very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was huge and had so many choices. There was a lovely patio with a long bar/table so you could eat outside with a view of the river. The beds were very comfy. We didn't use it but the outdoor pool looked like fun. People of all ages were hanging out there. It had a nice vibe.

Breakfast, tea and water in the afternoon, and evening popcorn were lovely. Nice river view from the porch/outside eating area. Wonderful hospitality and great location!

Simply excellent. The place is located near almost all intetesting places. The room, bed, bathroom were spotless. The breakfast, the pool, the staff, outstanding.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room seemed a little on the small side, but with a family of five that's normal. We filled it up with luggage and a playpen.

The beds were comfortable. I loved the bath & body products that were provided in the room. The kids enjoyed the popcorn at night, and it was nice having coffee, hot chocolate, and hot tea available at all times. Breakfast is wonderful for a hotel, and Ms Ruth went above and beyond making sure dining was a pleasure. Every staff member we came in contact with was amazing!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds were a bit old. Room lights were dim.

This was one of the top hot breakfasts I've had at a hotel. Getting to feed the ducks was a delight. WONDERFUL staff!

We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi. The adjoining room had one as well. The room echos so badly into both rooms it was annoying after hours (11pm) to the point we thought about calling front desk.

Bed was comfortable, bathroom was nice, view was nice of the river. Staff was wonderful to speak and deal with.

Started off a little disappointing as had asked the hotel to acknowledge my friends big birthday but the request was totally ignored and not even addressed on check in. The hotel is slightly dated. breakfast was terrible and the pool was disappointing.

Access to mountains and mini golf nearby. The outdoor patio was lovely and the fridge in the room was useful. Bed was very comfortable and rooms were very clean.

One of the staff when I checked in was not very nice, seemed, rude just a bad experience and wasn't pleased with how they did not honor my coupon.

The breakfast and rooms were clean!

Parking but not that big of an issue

Very friendly staff! Toilet broke while we were there and the maintenance crew had It fixed before we could eat breakfast. Excellent place to stay. Clean rooms

The room rates!

Very nice hotel , a bit pricy so not sure I would pay 170.00 again. If the price was more reasonable we would def come back. We only stayed last minute 1 night as a stop over. Great location near all attractions.

The lighting in the bathroom was awful...way too dim. Need some LED bulbs for brightness and money saver in the long run.

The food was okay....the room was excellent, television was good. Patio was excellent with the river below and watching fowl and beaver, and the fire pit. Appreciated the complimentary fruit and popcorn. All very nice. The staff was outstanding. Would choose this place first.

There was a misunderstanding about putting a $100 on my card and then paying in cash at check out- when I checked out they had charged the full amount to my card then advised me it would be 5-7 days for it to return to my card they needed to explain themselves better

Like the complementary popcorn and the all night coffee

Entrance to street but better than most places in Pigeon Forge as there is a light to stop oncoming traffic, would be great if a back entrance allowing access to a back street, water pressure in shower

The breakfast, the patio, rockers, fire pit, spacious foyer area, location next to the river, cleanliness, friendliness of employees, willingness of staff to be helpful, 24/7 coffee which included tea, popcorn at night,

The breakfast was great. The beds were very comfortable. The staff handed my children goodie bags when we arrived. My kids loved that. The staff treated us very nicely, helped us with locations we needed and helped us when making dinner reservations. When we arrived the staff welcomed us with a smile. The hotel had popcorn for the kids in the evening, and sweet tea in the afternoon for adults. The pools were fine and we had a pleasant stay. I will stay here again for sure. thanks !

Great breakfast! Friendly staff. There were a lot of guests but did not hear any of them through the walls! Will definitely stay here again. My wife and I enjoyed sitting on the patio looking out over the river.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Swift river with easy access but you know this before booking so it didn't bother us

Indoor outdoor pool balcony river view free breakfast wifi fire pit at night with free popcorn it has everything I've stayed here multiple times.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I loved the breakfast and the choices that you have for the breakfast are very good. The fire pit and the rocking chairs are a nice place to sit and relax. The grounds and landscaping were nice and kept up very well.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I can't think of anything that would have made our stay better.

This was our first time staying at this facility. It was very comfortable, the staff was great, the room was very clean, and great value for the money. We would definitely stay here again in the future!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I had asked for a river view room. Had parking lot view on check-in. Staff changed us to a river view room for an EXTRA 50.00! Disappointed at this, but I paid it only because I wanted my 85 year old dad to have something to enjoy if sitting on the balcony.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I liked that the sink in the bathroom was higher than other places. the beds were comfortable. it was easy getting into the parking lot. very nice place. will stay there again.

The biggest thing that we don't like about this hotel and it's big for us is that the table and the two chairs in the room is in a very tight space and the chairs are extremely uncomfortable. No big deal if you like to crash immediately when you get back to your room however we like to snack at night and watch TV. Probably not a big deal for most people. Just wish they would have got nicer chairs to sit in but like I said the tight space probably makes it impossible to get decent chairs. The other thing that we don't like is the parking. Daytime is no problem, but we don't get in at night until around 930 or 10 and it's always completely packed in the closest spaces to the rooms, so we have to park in the rear down near the creek. If you were in the last section of the hotel it's fine but this time we were in the very first section near the lobby so when we got in at night we had to walk at least a 100 yards to get to our room. Next time I will probably request the room in the last section and that should take care of that.

The rooms have everything that you would want, even an iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wide screen TV, four pillows for each bed. Location is excellent because you're in the middle of everything, easy to get to from either side of the parkway.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The visit wasn't long enough.

Every single thing!! We love that area. The Inn on the River totally rocks! We will be staying here any and every time we go back to Pigeon Forge.

We have no negative comments regarding this property.

Beautiful decor..very welcoming . Our. Room was clean and very comfortable. Bed and bedding very restful. Breakfast had hot and cold choices. Staff most helpful and courteous.

The mattress could have been a bit softer and more comfortable.

Towels were very nice. Pillows were extra fluffy and soft. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. Wonderful staff. The room was very nice and we loved the view from our balcony onto the Little Pigeon forge river. It's also very centrally located to everything. Highly recommend this spot.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed wasn't all that comfortable but it didn't change or disappoint my stay at this property.

The pools and hot tub and the fire pit outside. Also really enjoy the popcorn and tea from 7-10 pm every evening!

Refergeriator didn't work. Very little hot water. Asked for balcony and didn't get one but they finally moved us.

Eggs were fluffy. Bed was like a pillow.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Bathroom shower head- low water pressure. Entrance at door 3 had 2 doors to go to, making it hard to maneuver luggage rack etc.

Cleanliness, friendly staff

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Still a little cold in the morning and seating inside was full at breakfast time. Need better quality toilet paper and toiletries.

Staff was very welcoming. Housekeeping did a great job and were very friendly. View of the river from our room was beautiful and relaxing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Really nothing, it has become a favorite place to stay

The beds were very comfy and we liked our walk out patio and the view. The people that work there are some of the best

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Both Pools closed at 10pm. It was Spring Break and kids were disappointed!!! The other area hotel pools closed much later. The bathroom was small and shower lacked pressure. The beds were too soft for some guests. I would recommended medium firm.

Loved the outdoor patio area!!! It was the best thing about the Inn.It even had an outdoor TV, rocking chairs overlooking the river,nice outdoor fire too! The best sweet tea was available for all guests and it was complimentary!Will stay again but will ask for room with patio.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Everything was great. The staff were all kind and helpful, the special toys for the kids were so sweet, the pool and hot tub were great, the rooms were very clean, the Bath and Body Works, free popcorn and tea at night, the continental breakfast was good and staff were great, I could go on. Best hotel I've stayed at, will come back!

The hot tub was too shallow. Indoor swimming pool was not big enough to accommodate all the people. The breakfast was not that great.

The view over the river was very nice. Beds were very comfortable. The staff was excellent, very informative about the area.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Setting was fabulous. Enjoyed watching the river babble serenely as I sat on the deck. Loved watching the ducks and squirrels scramble for food on the river bank. Accommodations were everything I wanted and more. Loved eating popcorn in front of the fire. Breakfast was delicious and coffee was the best. Pool was enjoyed thoroughly by our 8 year old grandson.