Reviews of Inn & Spa at Loretto 4 stars

211 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA

#23 of 46 hotels in Santa Fe

We highly recommend this resort as we would consider it first upon any return to SF.
    • Terraza King

We were not permitted a late check out to accommodate our travel schedule. We could have stayed in the pool area but there was no guest suite to get cleaned up afterwards. This is a missed opportunity for the resort.

We really enjoyed everything about our stay here: proximity to the plaza area, the chapel is right next door (!), the patio of the restaurant, the pool was a good size, and the staff were friendly and focussed on service. Even though it is a good sized hotel, it felt comfortable and quiet.

Absolutely lovely, a definite first choice.
    • Terraza King

More info at beginning about resort fee amenities, use of partner hotels etc. also a jacuzzi would have been nice.

Everything was superb! Helpful, friendly staff, delicious food in fabulous setting and couldn’t beat the location!

Great location—a bit too expensive.

We had issues with the shower drain working, the room’s carpet was badly stained and old, the mattress was rock hard, and the heat light bulb in the bathroom wouldn’t ever turn off so we had to unscrew it. Many things were broken or in disrepair. It didn’t seem to be quite worth the money paid, even with the lower rate on Booking.

Beautiful building, great location, view from our balcony, fabulous on-site restaurant, and polite staff.

Lovely retreat
    • Pueblo King

The building is a beautiful Pueblo revival style, with lovely decor. The staff was so helpful. Our accommodations were gorgeous and very functional. We couldn’t have asked for more.

I’ve stayed in larger suites that were well maintened.
    • Pueblo Double

Black mold on the bedroom ceiling. Bath HVAC ceiling filter in desperate need of cleaning, cob webs hanging from sconces. Tub drain did not function close.

The room and patio were beautiful.
    • Terraza King

Would liked to have more of personal touch to recommendations... Seemed impersonal. .. and found it hard to find a snack after some sight seeing.. disappointed in the quality of the bar food.. and how little was offered!! ..

The room and patio were beautiful.. The location of our room may have been darker than some others.. but it was lovely and comfortable..and we loved sitting on the patio.. and looking at the mountains. the location was perfect.. easy to walk to town, or drive in and out of town. Desk and valet staff were great. And we enjoyed our breakfasts..

Excellent service, comfortable and nice
    • Pueblo King

Shower drain would not drain. Nevertheless, I told the staff upon leaving and they seemed attentive to fix for next guest.

Bed was amazingly comfortable.

Wouldn’t recommend the hotel
    • Terraza Double

The rooms looked nicer on website. Spa was not impressive. The Tanqueray gin was either very watered down or it wasn’t really Tanqueray

Comfy beds. Great staff at front desk and concierge.

The Inn made my family and I feel right at home.
    • Pueblo King

The Inn made my family and I feel right at home. They went out of their way to ensure everything was perfect for our visit. We ate at the restaurant the first day and our last meal because it was so good. Everything is in walking distance!

We would stay there again and have told our friends about it!
    • Pueblo King

We loved everything about the place.

The staff was over the top nice. Even got a text asking when we might be arriving. We were arriving early and they assured us our room was ready for us. Beautiful hotel and location was great. Restaurant was also very good. Great steak.

Perfect!
    • Vista King

Frankly, this is the one time I cannot come up with a “didn’t like” response.

The staff was exceptional! The room immaculate. The location accessible to major attractions in Santa Fe.

Happy in Santa Fe
    • Grande King

The bathrooms are small and dark and the closet is located within. We have stayed at Loretto several times and the bathrooms seem to all be the same setup. Really the only negative part of the stay.

Hotel is in a great location off the plaza and a very short walk to everything. Off street valet parking. Valets are very efficient and friendly. Nice lounge with fireplace on the first floor. Also Luminaria Restaurant on site and a few small shops.

The location, of course.
    • Pueblo Double

It would have been really nice to have tea and coffee available in the afternoon in the lobby, especially on a cold, windy day.

The location, of course. Valet parking.

Felt like an overpriced tourist trap
    • Pueblo Double

Room was small corner room with view of parking lot Room needed work. Paint was peeling. The windows were sealed shut .. the bathroom was clean but old. The carpet had stains . It was supposed to be a luxury package

Great location Friendly staff Nice common area with fireplace I got an early check in

We will not be returning to this property.
    • Terraza Double

Size of first room for three people was ridiculous. Inadequate heating and a plumbing malfunction resulted in moving to a new room. This room also needed the addition of a room heater. It took the staff 48 hours to find an electric toothbrush, that was left in the first room!

Location, restaurant and the valet parking attendants were all terrific.

Would have liked to have stayed longer to use the amenities I paid for with the $30 resort fee.
    • Pueblo Double

Price, for a small room and we didn't check in until 11pm and were still charged the resort fee even though there was nothing open that late! valet parking was not disclosed in description.

Close to shopping. Comfortable bed. Near the square. I pulled up the restaurants breakfast menu and knew what I wanted, they had pulled it from menu and would not serve it even though they still had the items separately /instead of the sampler.

The location was great.
    • Pueblo King

Not good value for the money. We were charged 30$ for valet, wifi and coffee/tea at reception. The restaurant (including room service) opens only at 7am for breakfast. You cant even get coffee before that. Even the free coffee/tea is only between 7am-9am. It is quite expensive for what it has to offer.

The location was great. Walking distance to the plaza where everything is. The restaurant on the property is good. The staff were helpful.

Everything!
    • Pueblo Double

Everything! Spa, Luminaria restaurant, local restaurants, location, shopping, local things to do. Exceptionally friendly staff, valet, waiters/waitresses

Excellent staff.
    • Terraza King

Excellent staff...comfy bed...nice SW flair throughout the property...easy walk to shops...nice balcony...excellent restaurant on property w/15% off if staying there!

Marcella , our bartender in the living room was the best we...
    • Pueblo King

The wi-fi internet connection was awful. I was unable to do any business emails The maintainence of the rooms was average. The bathroom fan was broken and the carpet was worn.

Marcella , our bartender in the living room was the best we have had in a long time. She was pleasant, fun and made really great drinks.

Still a very nice hotel on The Plaza, but no longer my favorite
    • Vista King

It was the only hotel out of all my reservations on Booking.com in which the reservation somehow mysteriously got "cancelled". I went to check in at 9:00 pm on my check-in night at a "resort" where I would be charged $399 for cancelling on the same day, but my reservation "was cancelled" with some mysterious phone call on the day I made my reservations (09/15/17). They were able to reinstate me, and had not given away my room so I was lucky, but that was very upsetting. The pedestal sink was not truly functional as there's no place to put your toiletries - that may sound pretty, but it's important when there are two of you staying for any length of time. I got a huge bruise on my thigh from the foot board. It's very pretty, but it sticks out way too far - again, it may be pretty, but the welt on my leg says otherwise (a week later). I realize parking is at a premium, but Valet parking is a pain when you want to go somewhere "not" on The Plaza. I know a lot of people love it, but to me, I'd rather save the $30 per day. Don't get me wrong, we didn't hate our stay at The Inn at Loretto. It was very nice. For the price, I don't know that it was as good a value as the other hotel we stayed in while we were in Santa Fe. Yes, it is right on the Plaza, but I believe I had a very "romanticized" version of it in my head from our first stay.

It is literally right on The Plaza in Santa Fe and that is one of the reasons we chose to stay there again after 23 years. The bed and pillows were heavenly. The Valets were wonderful. We were so close to shopping and restaurants and it was great to be able to just walk out the door and pick a direction to go for a new type of breakfast or dinner.

COMFORTABLE, DID NOT LIKE THE UPCHARGE. YOU SHOULD BE MORE UPFRONT
    • Terraza King

I BOOKED ON LINE FOR A SET AMOUNT FOR EACH NIGHT AND LATER FOUND THAT I WAS CHARGED AN EXTRA HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY EACH NIGHT. NOT HAPPY WITH THAT. WE MAY STAY AT THE COMFORT INN NEXT VISITS.

LOCATION

Dated and overpriced, but a great location
    • Pueblo King

The hotel rooms are extremely dated. Bathroom tile is old and looks dirty all the time, the rooms are poorly accommodated in terms outlets where they need to be, reliable WiFi access and natural lighting. Windows are small and poorly placed such that they are really not functional, especially with the heavy, thick curtains that disallow one to actually open the windows. Additionally, I was told that the hotel was nearly sold out and was only offering 3-night stays, instead of the TWO that I actually wanted. The excuse was that it was the annual "Indian Market Week". And because of that, rates were a premium ($425/night). When we arrived, not only was the hotel not sold out, but NO INDIAN MARKET WEEK EITHER! I kinda feel like we fleeced, not only on price, but also on the number of days that we had to purchase in order to secure the two days that we actually wanted.

The location really can't be beat. A block away from the main plaza is very convenient, but far enough away that you don't get the noise of whatever activities may be going on there.

Comfortable, central inn in Santa Fe
    • Pueblo King

Bathroom needed more hooks or a bar to hang wet towels.

This is a great hotel. Right in the heart of the plaza in Santa Fe. The bed is very comfortable, the heated pool is a great way to take a couple hours off from exploring, and the service is really good. The rate is lower during the week than during the weekend- but that's the best time to go to Santa Fe to avoid tourist density.

The rooms are pretty, decorated in traditional Santa Fe...
    • Pueblo King

First night we arrived late, but the bar was open for snacks and we were hungry. We ordered chips and guac and sliders. The chips were stale and there was one slider on the plate. Also, the pom martini tasted like old fashioned cough syrup.

The rooms are pretty, decorated in traditional Santa Fe style - ours had a balcony. Our 18 year old daughter decided to join us at the last minute and they were able to put her in the room next door. The spa is wonderful - I stayed for 4 hours and loved every minute. Also appreciate the private spa-only elevator. The outside patio for breakfast is a perfect way to begin the day - elegant and tranquil with good food and excellent service.

Quaint low key hotel
    • Terraza Double

Service from Staff was mixed. No bell boy when we arrived after 9 pm.in rain... had to lug all our luggage ourselves inside. the front desk " found " him eventually after we were checking in.

Location is excellent

Air Conditioner Ruined Our Stay
    • Grande King

A noisy air conditioner that woke us several times with a shrill screaming alarm. The engineer was called and all he said was, "That's normal!" A bellman privately confirmed to us that "yeah, our air conditioners are all old and we get a lot of complaints."

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Loretto, Inn and Spa is in the center of of the Santa Fe adventure!
    • Vista King

lighting in room poor due to location of door/window which went out onto a covered patio. Quality of food poor in the restaurant. The servings were very generous and there was no option for a smalled size serving. Regular cup of Coffee priced very high in the restaurant, (complimentary if did not go in)??? Tried to get specialty coffee in coffee shop but sometimes it did not open untill 11 am.

Room well appointed, roomy, both the room and bed were very comfortable! Enjoyed the complimentary coffee early in morning and it was very good coffee. The staff at the desk and Parking staff were extending, kind and helpful!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Great location in the middle of the plaza and an easy walk...
    • Grande King

The beds were way too soft. That is about the only bad experience of the whole trip

Great location in the middle of the plaza and an easy walk to the Canyon to look at all the amazing art.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Nice place but WAY OVERPRICED and not as upscale as advertised.
    • Grande King

Way, way way overpriced. Rooms were small to moderate in size. Hotel overall was dated and common space area carpets were not clean. We had an issue with one elevator not working. Some staff were great, others were cold and not very professional.

The beds were very comfortable and rooms were quiet. The hotel has a noble feel, although a bit dated. It was easy to walk to most of the things we wanted to see. Live music was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Great locale, wonderful time
    • Pueblo Double

The room was starting to show its age. Not critical, but the baseboards in the bathroom were FILTHY! and hadn't been cleaned for a very long time.

The staff were very well trained - especially the valets.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Quiet, commodious, elegant
    • Terraza King

On-line ads offer a complementary breakfast, which was not available. Coffee make in the room did not work after the first morning.

I loved the balcony, and proximity to the elevator was most convenient since I walk with a cane. Public areas are convivial.

Stayed for one night while traveling to Telluride. Room and bed was comfortable.

Close to everything

• Vista King

Great location. Everything walkable. Restaurant is just gorgeous!! A must do.

• Terraza King

Nothing needed to be changed

Terrible inedible breakfast at Luminaria.Otherwise excellent. Santa Fe has a very high tax

Location. Excellent lounge and bar. Texting concierge

Excellent Valet Parking

A wonderful stay.
    • Pueblo King

The bed was wonderful. The staff was attentive & professional, especially Emelio, valet,

We truly had an enjoyable time.
    • Pueblo Double

Hard to find the Fitness facility

Gorgeous Inn, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff,...
    • Terraza Double

Gorgeous Inn, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, excellent food and cozy, beautiful room, outstanding spa I can’t wsit to return!

$35 addon feed per day.

$35 addon feed per day. Valet parking only

Hotel met my extensions.
    • Pueblo Double

Shower water temp not quite hot enough for me.

Bed comfortable.

This is my second stay at the Inn and Spa at Loretta and look forward to returning again in the near
    • Grande Double

Poor lighting and not enough clothing storage in room.

Nice ambience - quiet and comfortable lounge

I was very impressed with the level of hospitality.

Nothing comes to mind.

Very accommodating staff, good food and nicely appointed rooms.

Very nice!

A little dated

Wonderful place the staff is very friendly and we enjoyed...
    • Grande King

Wonderful place the staff is very friendly and we enjoyed the food.

It was ok, but for a family of four staying in a rented home would be better next time.
    • Terraza Double

Rooms are small. Beds were full size not queen. Not much drawer, shelf and closet space.

Great location. Convenient to downtown shops and restaurants.

Air conditioning/heater is quite noisy

Air conditioning/heater is quite noisy

Lovely time as always! Love the art everywhere
    • Pueblo King

Would have liked flavored cream for the coffee

Bed and room was wonderful

Loved every minute of our short stay in Santa Fe. Hope to spend more than one night in the future.
    • Pueblo King

Loved being near the plaza. The welcome was like nothing is experienced at a hotel. Really appreciated the list of restaurant recommendations.

Nice get away.
    • Terraza King

Did not use the pool. Was beautiful with new snow.

Good hotel in a great location.
    • Terraza King

For the money spent, I was expecting more. The heater was loud and the mattress was lumpy.

The beauty products are made in China.
    • Vista King

The beauty products are made in China. The pictures of the room are very different from the real thing.

Relaxing

Bed was too soft.

Service was excellent. Very easy access to the plaza.

Everything.
    • Pueblo King

Everything. This was my second visit to this property and will not be my last!

Just everything was perfection!
    • Vista King

Just everything was perfection!!

Great place over all

Internet is incredible slow

The spa is amazing

Nice but expensive.
    • Pueblo Double

Awfully expensive for the use I made of the hotel, mostly sleeping.

Linens were nice.

Great location and nice property
    • Vista King

Time coffee was put out in the mornings. . .elevator call time. . .absence of clothing storage space in room.

Location. . Off street parking. . .

spa

spa

Santa Fe is an expensive place.

Too expensive.

Short distance to the historic center of Santa Fe.

Terrific!

Great service staff!!!

Lovely!
    • Vista King

Having to leave after only one night.

Restaurant staff very helpful, as bees arrived at our outdoor dining, they helped us immediately move inside.

Fabulous
    • Terraza Double

Bed was comfy. View from balcony was great. Restaurant and bar were perfect loved the location

Nice stay. Near plaza. Comfortable jazzy bar and secluded outdoor dining area,
    • Grande King

Free coffee plus Keurig in room

Best place to stay in Santa Fe

There was nothing

I loved everything.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Second stay at the Inn at Loretto
    • Pueblo King

Restaurant somewhat overpriced for value.

Atmosphere and excellent service. Dinner in the beautiful courtyard was a highlight of our visit.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff

Very friendly and helpful staff

To many added on charges.
    • Pueblo Double

To many added on charges.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Nice get away.
    • Pueblo Double

"surprise" charges------fairly costly; slow front desk.

Atmosphere. Very close to "downtown"

A girlfriend's get away!
    • Terraza Double

The rooms were great. The food at Luminarias was delicious! Perfect place to stay in Santa Fe!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Enchanting

Wonderful restaurant!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Good location and very kindly staff

A little bit expensive

Good location and very kindly staff

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Concerned about the over billing
    • Grande King

My credit card was hit for a much higher amount than the bill showed when I checked out

Great place to stay

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

A very nice treat
    • Terraza Double

Mattress too soft. Very expensive, but I thought of it as a treat.

Location. Art,sculptures on property very nice.