Reviews of Best Western Center Inn 3 stars

5718 Northampton Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23455, USA

#74 of 105 hotels in Virginia Beach

Excellent, friendly service in the breakfast room every day!

Housekeeping was not great. one we were gone all day, returning at 10 pm to find nothing had been done in our room. The stocking of soap, coffee, etc needs better attention.

Excellent, friendly service in the breakfast room every day! Jessica is professional, friendly and attententive to making sure everything is out and ready.

Don't bother!

My room was filthy! Front desk clerk was not helpful and had an attitude. Breakfast was supposed to be served at 6:30 but was not and dining area was dirty anyway. People smoking pot on balcony!

Leaving to go somewhere else

Wouldn't recommend based on my experience

Room wasn't cleaned well at all. Excessive dust, spilled candle wax on outlet, and dirty sheets (hair and ??). Guy outside smoking weed at night, which personally I don't care but it still stinks. Breakfast wasn't out before 6:45 so we went elsewhere.

Location was nice, quiet. The Pop's restaurant next door has AWESOME food and great staff! Pool looked nice but didn't get in.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I would stay here again if I had to but it would not be my first choice.

I was very disappointed when I got into my room only to realize that it had no deadbolt and the latch that should have been there to hold the deadbolt was just loose screws. How could they did not know that a deadbolt lock was missing is beyond me

The place was clean

Staff is really nice and helpful.

Only had one issue during our short stay. On the 2nd day we asked to have housekeeping come and remove our dirty towels and give us new ones. We were told "absolutely no problem " when we returned to our room 9hrs later the old towels were still there. My husband had to go down to the front desk and get some new towels.

Staff is really nice and helpful. I had some questions about billing /payment and both staff members I dealt with were polite, nice a bvb d helpful. The kitchen bar staff was very friendly, they even make your waffles for you in the mornings.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Do yourself a favor run from this place

The hotel had two rooms air conditioning break down on us both of those room or queen-size beds doubles. All they could finish it was a king-size that's all that was left for three people two of us had to leave and they still charge you full price would not give us a refund. Worst service I've ever had

made the best of it

the lack of help to get my work done other than being stuck in the lobby of the best western

had lots of business to take care of and their was no wifi would have stayed else were but was not notified of the wifi being down for the entire trip, lost out on a lot do to this problem

I stayed 2 days and was very happy with the hotel and pool area. The breakfast was good also.

The force of the shower was a little hard.

The bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was good and the ladies at the desk and kitchen area were nice and helpful. 😃

Staff is friendly, place clean, breaksfast excellent.

We really enjoyed the stayed.nothing bad to say about the place..

Staff is friendly, place clean, breaksfast excellent.. The kids enjoyed the pool they make new friends

Terrible and would never recommend.

The breakfast was terrible I even got sick from it. The electricity went out which ruin our Saturday night. We couldn’t see anything to get ready and I even fell over stuff and got hurt on my leg. When we went to go see what was going on the front desk woman was very short and rude and said “there was nothing she could do” when all we wanted to know what happened. Curious to me why your hotel doesn’t have a generator in the first place because clearly it’s something that happens often as business around you had lost power and only half of he hotel had Power which is absolutely b*******. I have been trying to contact your hotel to get refunded for at least Saturday night since it was completely Ruined but cannot find a way to contact the head of hotels. Clearly a very sketchy hotel as some of the guest were lookers.

When we first got there the front desk clerk was really nice and same checking out. Everything else was horrible.

Worst hotel ever because they had bugs and leaves in pool,so you Kno that the chlorine levels were l

They charged me for a pillow that we never stole after we left hotel ,and refused to refund me my money back to my bank card. First when I called hotel about it the man on phone said they charged me for something ,but reversed the charge. Later that day and the next morning I checked my banking online account and the charge was still there. I called back to hotel and talked to a girl this time and she said they charged me for 1 or 2 pillows that was missing from the room. I told her that we didn't take anything with us from the room,so she told me to call back the next day to speak with the manager. The next day I spoke with manager and she told me to ask my other guest if she took a pillow because the charge was for only one pillow that was missing from room and that she had to talk with the person that cleaned my room because they report if anything is missing and she said she would return my call the next day by noon. The next day came and she didn't call back until around 3 or 4 on, but I was at work. When I got off work I called hotel again because my money wasn't refunded to my account, then a girl answered and said manager wasn't there so call back Monday between 7am and 2 pm. Now we at a week later and Monday came and I forgot to call because I was celebrating my daughter's birthday so, I called on Tuesday June 26,2018 and the girl answered and said that she wasn't there and would be in tomorrow at 7am. Soon as I hang up the phone the customer complaint line called and said that the manager is standing by what was said about us taking a pillow from the room. I told them that I have a picture on Facebook of the bed and there was only four white pillows and one green pillow on the bed. I don't remember the complaint person even giving an apology because I was highly pissed at this point and gave her a few choice words.

The simple ammenties were not consistent (internet, parking, Breakfast).

bathroom was not cleaned properly, The parking lot was a disaster, Not enough parking, Breakfast was an hour late the first day, internet was sketchy at best... like would not stay connected

Breakfast was decent (when is was finally served), Staff was nice and helpful, Did not smell bad like most best westerns I have stayed at

Friendly staff made us feel at home

The location is a bit tricky to get into because of a lane that merged right before the entrance to the hotel. We found it best to drive a few blocks behind the hotel and circle around the block, seemed to be the safest way to enter.

The staff was amazing during our stay. They were so hard working and friendly!

The property was at a good location, driving distance from...

Housekeeping was not up to par. Upon arrival the door to my room was open and the television was on. There was a left over bar of soap in the shower from the previous occupants and there was also a wad of hair folded into the clean towels. When I contacted the front desk to voice my concerns the receptionist appeared annoyed and advised I should have checked my belongings before calling to see if anything was taken. I clarified that my items had not been in the room when it was left open rather when we arrived with our things the door to the room was already open. Receptionist appeared to care more after this clarification and stated she would contact me back after speaking with housekeeping. She also said the director of housekeeping would be in the next morning and would address this with me however I was never contacted back by reception or the director. Overall the room was comfortable but the cleaning needs to be improved.

The property was at a good location, driving distance from the Boardwalk. Cost was a good price for a last minute booking and pool was a plus.

if you book online you may catch hell like I did

I made my reservation online but paid it before Checkin time b.c they tried to run my card. I took the cash there the 1st shift lady was very nice and did everything before she got off. The 2nd lady act like she didn't kno what was goin on about my info reminding you I already paid. I stood in lobby for 15 min until she thought 2 look in another pile 2 get my paper.

the room was nice

It’s somewhere to sleep for the night..

The sink, floor and shower were disgusting. Property is outdated. Hair and dirt was in the sink. I had to put a towel in the tub because I didn’t want my feet to touch it.

The bed was very comfortable. The lady that checked me out had very good customer service skills.

It might be nice when they’re finished...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Construction dust inside & out, workers using our assigned handicap parking space. Free breakfast was dry danishes, but who wanted to eat with all the dust around!

Can’t say I really liked anything about this property.

Very unpleasant for the exception of the dining attendant

The front desk clerk instead of fully completing our booking when we got there around 4 P.M. After a 12hr.drive called our room after 10 P.M. Then decided to come up to our room when she said we didn't answer the phone. Umm we were asleep. We were not dressed and off the security lock hadn't been placed on the door before we went to sleep she would have wanted on my husband and I on the nude. Highly unprofessional! Will not stay here again.

The young lady I believe was the attending during breakfast was very pleasant

The woman that checked me in was nice and helpful.

There was not enough parking and not enough lighting in the parking lot. We had to walk down a dimly lit road to get to our room.

The woman that checked me in was nice and helpful.

My stay was great, would stay there again and recommend to anybody I know.

Everything was good.

The room itself was very nice, comfortable beds wish I could have afford to stay another night. Breakfast was fine didn't like the sausage or eggs much but everything else was good. The rooms were clean.

My stay was overall perfect
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

This property is wonderful i have stayed here twice and both times i really enjoyed my stay your front desk staff are so polite and professional your housekeeping staff keep the rooms looking nice and smelling fresh keep up the good work i most defiantly will be staying here again

Great Place, Great location. Great deal

Outside steps and carpets were really dirty and grungy looking. It detracted from the overall clean look of the place. There was no elevator. It's only 2 floors, so not a huge deal but not good if you have trouble walking.

It was a nice room, nice breakfast, nice pool. Could have stayed there longer. The one staff member running the breakfast managed access to the waffle makers so that was more efficient then normal. It was a nice place.

I like that room service came by every day and cleaned our...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was never enough breakfast available. By the time my husband and I would get to breakfast, there were only two or three things available.

I like that room service came by every day and cleaned our room and they were very friendly to us whenever we were in our room.

Front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming

The room had obviously been cleaned, but there was food on the floor that the vacuum had missed and someone had used just the shower... there was unwrapped, used soap and opened shampoo in the tub... even though it was clean and shower curtain was neat. Also hand soap at sink was opened, used. Was just strange.

Front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Don't think I would stay again dispointed for a beat western.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The night front office lady was very rude and did not a comdate us well ,we were lied to us about have joining rooms . if had know this I would not have book there .rude rude rude! This not how I expect to treat when travel mile to stay at a best western . Was ready to find a diffent hotel !

The cook was very sweet and always had a wounderfull breakfast .and very friendly 😀I think I just go back because of her 👍👍👍👍👍 the am manger at the front desk sure tried to make things right .

Not close to Virginia Beach at all!

Everything!

So dirty worst area not close to the beach and dirty looking men all over the place. Room was disgusting breakfast I did not want because motel was dirty. Pool nasty I wouldn't recommend at all never will stay there again!

Ok for a couple nights, but not the most comfortable.

Breakfast was not readily available. A few mornings they ran out of food and did not replenish. Room service always came late and did not follow through on certain requests.

The swimming pool.

Clean comfortable and close to the beach

We had absolutely no complaints .

Our stay was a very pleasant change the rooms were awesome with hot water and great pressure shower working pool great peaceful rest at night our beds were made daily with fresh towels the people were friendly and it was an enjoyable stay

Needs update and to clean floors better and nicer staff. Had more pics bathroom but only one allowed

The bathroom floor had lot's of hairs on it and things had dust on then so I used Clorox wipes to clean. I told clerk that they should clean before someone checked in, she said they should and said sorry then they charged my ae more then booking.com quoted of 335.00 for 3 nights They charged me 110.00 then 256.00 i asked night clerk if I could get better rate military she said yes so she charged me for 3 nights When I told day clerk I was charged she said sorry that the night clerk charged me military rate too.I would be charged 335.00 but not happen yet. night clerk wasn't to friendly.

Convenient location and pool looked nice the bed comfortable and had plenty of pillows

The bed was very comfy and the room was clean.

The lady that checked us in was kinda rude. The other lady was super friendly.

The bed was very comfy and the room was clean. The breakfast was pretty good also.

15yr Anniversary Trip 2017

Didn't have a washer and dryer, had to go off the property to wash clothes & no fitness area that was advertised online.

It was convenient for our visit close to family.. We stayed July 20th to the 22nd & The ladies that was working in the dinning area was awesome made sure we had what we need (Made our waffles just right) & made sure everything stayed stocked up on the breakfast bar & the receptionist that checked me in did well also!! Wish they could be recognized in some way.Bed was comfortable and room was clean,pool was nice & surroundings was quite.

Hidden Gem at an affordable price!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The nighttime check in person did not seem very knowledgeable about the rewards program, how to change rates (I had a confirmed price and she couldn't get her system to accept it even after she made me book online and I had to come back after 30 minutes), she was too busy on the phone (personal use) to try to accommodate the check in process.

Breakfast was wonderful. Daytime staff was very friendly and quick to meet needs. This is a very nice hotel that exceeded all expectations. Rooms were clean.

Great experience except the girl that worked at the front desk.

The girl that worked at the front desk. The pool needed to be maintained better.

Great place for the price and very clean. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Not a bad place.

From the directions off highway you had to make a u-turn to get there. Bed seemed to have worn out middle, you always rolled to the center.

Friendly staff, good breakfast.

It was okay for a night. There was a shooting down the road though.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We had a smoking room and hoped that we wouldn't actually be ablessed to smell smoke from previous tenants. However there was a very strong smell of smoke in the room the whole time we were there.

The muffins at breakfast were good.

Sad Hotel and Employees!!!

We arrived went to our room the a/c was warm I called front desk the girl there told her she said nothing we can do no maintenance here now I ask her other room she sayed none available then later that evening after get back from beach there was another different person on over night shift she said she could move us to different room so we did and a/c was fine also notice stains on the side beds and floor the place needs some serious cleaning done out side steps so dirty with stains my wife and I wanted go swimming in pool so very dirty my wife actually got skimmer net start cleaning it for awhile then man showed up took from my wife and used it like 5 min that's all he did pool was still very dirty so we just set by table awhile very noisy people outside when try sleep All honest I have stayed in few best western this one was worst ever stayed in don't know if individual owned or company but this hotel needs be serious rentavated and employees that want work to keep place nice I will never stay in best western again.

Close to restaurant

It was great and convenient

One of the plugs in the room did not work. Had to unplug the clock to make the lamp work.

The breakfast was great and the young lady that made it was extra nice. The room was neat and clean

Good last minute choice, inexpensive, would consider again with the right circumstances

Staff kind of rough, a couple of occupant public spectacles, (screaming and profanity), TV didn't work

Modern clean room, free breakfast, good parking, close to work

The staff was nice and very helpful.

A lot of the food that was served at breakfast was either hard, stale, or reheated.

The staff was nice and very helpful. The rooms were comfortable and pleasant to stay in.

IT WAS HORRIBLE

Just about everything. Staff had taken our grill and other items outside of our room. We were presented pictures and such thinking we were staying beach front, NOT 20 minutes from the beach. The pool was not very clean when my child went swimming. Our room had never been cleaned the entire time we were there. It was just a disaster and when I told management that my room was neglected to be cleaned she offered 15% off my next stay. NEXT STAY?! I never want to go back there. I should have recieved 15% off my CURRENT stay but I'm not one to huss and buss. Figured my review would be good enough to let the folks know what their staff is REALLY about.

No more than 20 minutes from the beach

Overall it was pretty good :)
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The breakfast ran from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. - way too early.... We didn't get the free breakfast at all.... It was over by the time we got ready to go to get it.... Looks like it's geared towards working people instead of people on vacation.

The cleaning people were really nice and kind and helpful... Great southern hospitality

There wasn't no parking space after about 9pm my family...

There wasn't no parking space after about 9pm my family and I went out to get food . came back and there wasn't no more parking spaces. The worker was rude.we had got into a argument because I couldn't park. I went in office and ask clerk where I'm going to park. She states she doesn't know. So I had to parking lot and walk to my room. Horrible experience.

Good for staying 1 night.

Old hotel. Noisy from the trucks .

Free parking, free breakfast. The sink outside the bathroom. Water shower is strong. Korean restaurant is right at the corner.

Lovely stay

One downside.. they put us in a room next to the housekeepers quarters (ROOM 130) so each and every morning we were awoken by housekeepers talking and walking back and forth to the small room where their supplies are held. A bit uncomfortable as some would look through our window as they passed.. a bit noisy and an eyesore. We came to relax.. not watch people work all morning long. DO NOT ACCEPT ROOM 130.. All else, perfect :)

Best Western Center Inn was a great stay for the money. The mister and I planned a last minute vacation to VA Beach and this was the perfect location for 3 nights.. worth the money. The service was great, they even allowed early check in. The shower was awesome, bed was comfy and the microwave and small fridge was a nice touch. The parking lot was quiet and secluded with plenty spots available. I didn't get a chance to swim but it was small, clean and cute with seating chairs, tables and umbrellas, perfect for the location. Theres a liquor store, Bojangles, Krispy Kreme, Diner, Dunkin Donuts, Waffle House and Taco Bell all within walking distance! Pretty decent surroundings. About 25mins away from the boardwalk and festivities but id definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

This place sucked. I wouldnt recomend it to one.
    • King Room - Smoking

1)I didn't like receiving a key to another customers room when I checked inn. (Luckily they had the safety lock on or it would have been even more horrible) 2) I didn't like that the 2nd room they sent me too Tv volume didn't work 3) I didn't like that I booked a king size bed and was put into a queen size bedroom 4) And I did not like not having soap in my room, I didn't like finding the maids cleaning supplies in my room. 5) I don't like that the manager said she would apply a discount to my room but it hasn't been applied yet.

I liked the fact that it has smoking rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Worst hotel stay ever

We had to switch rooms a couple times because the a.c. would work, our neighbor had bed bugs so they left, and there was a huge pile of poo two doors down from us we almost stepped on.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Would highly recommend a stay here!

Can't think of anything we didn't like.

The staff was so friendly. We received a call from the front desk to see if we liked our room. Fabulous! Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

A good overnight stay

There was some noise going on I assume in the back of the hotel during the 2a hour.

Good weekend price. A little better than I expected. Staff was friendly. Even got a courtesy call about 2 hours to make sure I needed anything. Nice touch.

The bed was soft.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Location. All around view of the place. And the money I paid it could be better.

The bed was soft. But for the money i paid it could have been a little better. .....

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

This Best Western experience was the Worst Ever!

The pictures, online, show beautiful images of the outside of the: building, pool, rooms, and breakfast. The pictures of the property looked crisp and clean and the food delicious! The price was right, so I booked a room on booking.com. When my Wife and I arrived, I truly thought we were at the wrong place! The property looked run down and depressed! I don't typically leave negatives, but the pictures are not a true depiction of this hotel and our stay was not enjoyable! We felt dirty the whole time. First, upon arriving, there was trash piled at the office entrance and boxes stacked at different spots around the building. Second, there was no elevator and the staircase was the only way to access our room. It was very dirty with sticky black and brown grime and there was a sticky wet liquid spilled everywhere. It was like the stairs have never been scrubbed and washed clean. Our room was carpeted, and all we could think is what has been tracked from those stairs into our room and onto the carpet over time. Our feet never touched the floor! The rooms were made up, but they were not clean. There is no telling what was on the carpet as it dark in color. Also, there was dirt and number of pubic hairs in the corners of the bathroom. I noticed a lot because most of my time was spent on the toilet. Third, the breakfast does not appear anything like what shows in the pictures online and the milk containers had dried up milk flakes all around the pouring spout and the containers themselves had many smudge marks from being held, as if they haven't been cleaned regularly. Both my Wife and I had upset stomachs all day and night and spent most of our time in the bathroom. What a way to enjoy your stay somewhere. We felt so bad throughout the day and night, we decided to forego the next mornings breakfast as we were afraid of another day of sickness.

The bed was fairly comfortable; however, our overall satisfaction was horrible.

Ok

Housekeeping never even asked us for clean towels or trash or nothing

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Sink draining and toilet draining a bit slow, may need work

Sink draining and toilet draining a bit slow, may need work Mattresses stored next to our room outside awaiting pick up by Good Will

Comfortable but for the price I paid, we expected the place to be more clean friendly..

Bathroom was filthy, tub was dirty and with hair inside.. overall cleanliness was a fail..

The hotel was a place to stay staff was curtious

On second day housekeeping did not come and make up beds or clean our room

good

Nothing good would stay again

Nice updated decor, comfortable bed

Towel was clean on the folded outside but dirty on the inside.check it before you dry off.

Nice updated decor, comfortable bed

Cleaness in room, confortable beds, excellent breakfast and...

Cleaness in room, confortable beds, excellent breakfast and friendly staff.

We all enjoyed ourselves I will stay at a Best Western again

Housekeeping did not come or leave fresh towels until we called to request

Staff were extremely friendly, nice selections to choose from for breakfast

Loved everything enjoyed my stay very much

Everything the staff and all

Would stay again coming back in a few weeks great stay for the price

The best for the price. And away from the beach craziness.

One day we came back to find our door open.

One day we came back to find our door open. Another day our room wasn’t cleaned or towels replenished

Had a great time

Cleaning rooms great staff good breakfast There are a lot of businesses and restaurants nearby shopping and everything

Everything is goodbye

Nono

Everything is goodbye

Never trust them, they will charge your card twice

Worse costumer service, and double charge my credit card

The room was clean

Been nice to have more parking

The room was clean

Great !
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Great value and super location a mile from the new mall!

Would have liked bacon, ham or sausage at breakfast.

Room was modern and well decorated. Everything was clean.

Comfortable bed

Internet speeds were abysmal

Comfortable bed

Wonderful and friendly staff.

It smelled bad when we walked in the room.

Breakfast was good.

Morning staff at breakfast was very friendly

Tight parking for a pickup truck

Morning staff at breakfast was very friendly

The beds where comfortable!

That they do a pre-authorization!!

The beds where comfortable!!

Clean rooms and food, bathrooms, the people.

Clean rooms and food, bathrooms, the people.

Value for your money.

The lobby was in excellent condition. The room was very clean and well kept, everything worked in the room, and the TV had lots of channels.

A++++ Facility . Staff were superb!!! Very clean

Courteous staff

as first time to be in virginea it was good

one of the reception staff was agressive dealing with the our kids

the Cafeteria staff was so good