View vacation packages to

2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. San Francisco hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of InterContinental San Francisco

Reviews of InterContinental San Francisco This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

888 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States of America

#69 of 270 hotels in San Francisco

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 28, 2019

Very very NOISY Hotel
    • Standard King Room

The hotel is so noisy the doors of the rooms are so noisy when they close them, I couldn’t sleep all night from the doors slamming, that was one of the worst hotels I stayed in, and the price is very high, I wouldn’t recommend it

המקום

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Overall my stay was good.
    • Standard Room

My reservation was not in the system when I had gone to check in. The front desk told me that they would upgrade me for the troubles but the room I got was exactly what I had reserved so I didn’t understand what was the upgrade. My breakfast was pretty bland it had like no salt and bacon was to greasy. I wasn’t able to finish it so I did not enjoy it.

I liked the staff they were all really friendly and the beds were really comfortable. The bathroom was

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: April 3, 2019

DONT GET ON ELEVATOR 1 UNLESS YOU WANT TONGET STUCK!
    • Standard Room

Requested to be away from noise and busy areas...got tue complete opposite was placed first room near the elevator right next to a bunch of rowdy people. On top of that was stuck in an elevator for about an hour. Come to find out this isnt the first time this happened from the 911 SFFD that responded to the call

The room was very clean

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

The location was very good, walking distant to many great...
    • Standard Room

Overall the hotel was very nice, clean and quiet. The restaurant was a bit pricey but unfortunately the food was not very good. A $25 hamburger should be pretty decent but just wasn't.

The location was very good, walking distant to many great places. Mel's diner around the corner and a huge Target across the street from that as well. The is bowling and Ice Skating a block down too. Very little traffic.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

The hotel was within walking distance of union square and...
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

The hotel was within walking distance of union square and with accessible public transport links. The room was clean and comfortable. Leigh -Ann at the front desk was especially helpful and kind on giving useful tips about the highlights of San Francisco.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Not really a great experience
    • King Room with View

Bathroom is not exactly clean. Bathtub looks gray/black and the outside of the trash can looks extremely dirty. In room dining service guy was rude. I meant to call the front desk (pressed the button on the telephone screen but got there anyway) and he acted nice and said he will transfer for me. Instead he put me on hold for five minutes and told me that the front desk is extremely busy and I should call them in five to ten minutes. I sensed something weird and called the front desk immediately. They picked up within a second. Turned out front desk wasn’t busy at all and he wanted to get his “revenge” by making me wait ten minutes. Not professional at all.

Great location. Spacious room. Large TV.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Relaxing
    • Superior King Room

The spa jets didnt seem to be working, bummer, they dont mention price for parking until you get here, very very expensive for what you pay for room that should be included (70 bucks) wow. Guess if you got lots of money that's not much to you.

The bed oh my gosh sooo comfortable, view of the city at night was pretty cool. The gym was really nice had a variety of machines. The staff were very nice and helpful. The surprised us with a card an bottle of sparkling wine for our anniversary. That was so thoughtful! Rooms were roomy, TV was big, and bath room had window looking out to city too.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

It was nice but expensive
    • King Room with View

Everything was just a way to make a little extra money. You walk in and you're wowed by the decor and the front staff is friendly, and then you go to your room where water is $8. Maybe I'm not the target audience, but when I'm spending that much a night on the room, I'd like to feel as if I'm not just a walking ATM. I wouldn't have expected breakfast to be free here, but I thought breakfast was beyond average for it totally $65 for 2 people before tip. A $62 valet a day (plus tax) for your car is also required which is something to note. Everything has a (large) price tag so account on spending $150+ more just for a single night spent. It definitely felt like there were a lot more expensive hidden fees than other hotels I've stayed at. But if you go into it knowing that, your experience will be fine.

The hotel was very large, modern, and nice. Most of the staff I spoke to was friendly. I felt safe and it was clean so my biggest requirements were met. They did give us a complimentary room upgrade because ours wasn't ready. It was just on a higher floor, but I appreciated the gesture nonetheless.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

Proximity to the shopping district.
    • Deluxe Room

The toilet is a disaster. Will not go back to again even if that is the last hotel with vacancy. Horrible.

Proximity to the shopping district. Lovely location. And Luce. One amazing restaurant.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

poor service - not even live up to a 3-star hotel
    • Standard Room

We have been staying at Intercontinental in different cities and countries, and had good experience and received quality service until this time in SF. Example - at check-in, the lady imposed me to accept the room number which is banned in our culture without giving any understanding of culture diversity. the concierge lady answered my question regards to restaurant recommendation with no patience. after all, we were charged at another higher rate against the confirmed rate when booking. Poor service with no quality - impressive stay in a very bad way.

location is okay but not too convenient if you would like to be connecting to the shopping and restaurant area. on the contrary - this location is very nearby the neighborhoods where there are many homeless. so we ended up having to change to Hyatt regency which is a lot better in location- and service- wise.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Pleasant hotel, nice friendly staff. Probably more suited to business than leisure
    • King Room with View

Lots of homeless with mental health/drug/drink issues wandering the streets which was quite confronting and uncomfortable at times. Wandered into an area couple of blocks away which was very intimidating and turns out someone was murdered in the street only a couple of days ago. No fault of the hotel, its simply the location and reality of San Fran streets Only food choice in restaurant was Michelin starred menu. Limited choice and expensive, although very tasty. Would have been nice to have a less formal choice too

Central location. Comfortable bed but awful pillows. We had a renovated room with view over the bay which was nice.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Staying at the Intercontinental in San Francisco was very...
    • Standard King Room

The valet parking was quite expensive and was the most expensive out of the six countries we’ve travelled. $65 for overnight parking is far too expensive and the most expensive in America that we’ve experienced.

Staying at the Intercontinental in San Francisco was very relaxing. The room was huge, bathroom also a great size, the King bed was super comfortable and the staff were very accommodating. We tried the room service and in-house Resturant which were both very appetizing and served great food.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Great stay in San Francisco!
    • Standard Room

Towels in bathroom were very old! Everything else was good!

Very Accommodating staff! Beautiful decor and views in rooms. Close to many attractions as well. Rooms are well insulated... very comfortable beds!

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Good Hotel.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was not included...not at least some coffee on the Lobby. Location is good but still a 7 minute walk towards Union Square.

Nice Hotel, seems renovated. Good Wifi no charge. Service was very good. Concierge were dedicated in explaining what to do in SFO.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Very convenient to food and the Westfield Mall within...
    • King Room with View

Very convenient to food and the Westfield Mall within walking distance and affordable lyft or Uber rides! Very comfortable with a wonderful view! Staff was friendly and welcoming!

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Comfortable room which we look forward to each night after a long day out
    • King Room with View

Clean and spacious rooms Extra comfortable beds Quiet but safe central location, just a few min walk to Powell station Staff with excellent service and hospitable Indoor pool and spa

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

They gave us a room without views even if we booked a room...
    • King Room with View

They gave us a room without views even if we booked a room with views. I had to come down to the reception twice to get it. The pool access was closed during our stay and they did not inform us before our arrival. The pictures are misleading.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

I had a very nice relaxing stay, it was close to shopping and everything I needed.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

the maids , although very nice ignored the do not disturb signs and knocked on the door every morning. was not that big of a deal barely worth mentioning. i cant think of anything that i didnt like about my stay.

the whole hotel was very clean ,the staff was professional and friendly, and the view was awsome. I recomend getting access to the vip lounge , the food is tasty and the happy hour is nice. I felt very pampered there. I also used the drycleaning service while i was there and was very satisfied.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Hotel centrally located near to amenities
    • Classic Double Room

Had to move rooms due to no internet connection even after 3 attempts to problem solve with their IT

Convenient for local restaurants, shops and train station

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

The corner room is AMAZING and the views are unparalleled in...
    • King Room - Club Level

The corner room is AMAZING and the views are unparalleled in the City. While there’s great food anywhere in SF, the Club Level feeds you like you’re on a cruise and there’s really no need to go anywhere else. The Bellman and Concierge desk were great, but I got exceptional service from Leigh Anne who not only recommended a better and closer location for a mani-p di, but cancelled my previous appointment for me.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

The comfortable rooms and friendly staff
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

Waking up to the noise of the current renovations. We came a long way from South Africa And spent a lot of money to be there so that was disappointing. We should have been warned and fares should be reduced when under renovationS

The comfortable rooms and friendly staff

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Love this hotel and I will stay there again!
    • King Room with View

Crazy expensive drinks in the bar - the mark up on a glass of wine was ridiculous, and they served the wine in the wrong glass; the bed was a little on the firm side

The view was astounding; the in and out parking was very handy and easy; the location was perfect for our needs; the hotel was very quiet and restful. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Good value, reliable service
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bar in the back of the lobby is not inviting; House currently under construction, so facilities are limited; we had to wait a while to get checked in; concierge was not very helpful/flexible

Central location, friendly staff, good value for the money, good beds, nice view, big room, very clean

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Great value
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The facilities were looking a little worn and dated, however it appears that renovations are under way. Perhaps the most significant thing to mention is that the doors were loud when opening and especially when closing. We heard every door on our floor opening and closing. I tried to be as quiet as possible when leaving for an early morning run, but closing the door quietly was impossible.

Antonio at the bistro was great. He was very entertaining and made an evening in the lounge more welcoming and fun than I expected.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Wonderful ! Will recommend.
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

We would have appreciated free coffee in the a.m.

The bed & down comforter were extremely comfortable. The hot tub & pool area were extremely clean and private. The bar in the lobby was beautiful and had delicious cucumber martini. The concierge and bellmen were extremely courteous and always had a welcoming greeting as we entered and exited.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Fair for the discounted price
    • Classic Double Room

Cleaning crew missed us one day and showed up at 8am the next Walls were too thin: neighbors complained about my friends and I at night and we could hear them in the morning Pool wasn't that nice but hopefully that is getting renovated soon

Location, location, location Staff service was impeccable on multiple occasions Souvenir store offered stamps which was very convenient for post cards Liked the fact that it had a bar on site although we didn't try it

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

You can't beat the location and friendly staff
    • King Room with View

Finish construction. I hope u r beautifying the 4th floor outside space.

Great location..It's only a few blocks away from the heart of downtown . It does have construction going on so it's a little hard to see the entrance but that's so minor. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Good breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a bad smell in the lobby. Like a gas smell. Maybe it is temporarily because of some reconstruction

Good breakfast. Modern and cleanliness rooms

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Valet parking nice people
    • Classic Double Room

Cleanliness awful only makes the beds not clean the bathroom smells bad the carpet , in the morning construction noises, no cream for coffee, remote control broken.

Valet parking nice people

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Be aware the hotel is under renovation!!
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

They start drilling and hammering around 7:00 AM! The gave us 100$ discount which is ridiculous considering. Also, the shower isn’t that good, the tv wasn’t working and the mini bar was stuck (we had to call them 3 times till they got it fixed).

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Will be a nice hotel when renovations are finished, not now
    • Standard King Room

They are renovating the hotel. Noise! No business center; the new rooms are not soundproof - you can hear the conversations and movements of the people next door

Pool; Staff, new comfortable room

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Central location , good for shopping
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was refurbishment work taking place which we were not told about. The smell of burnt metal was overpowering in the lifts and in the lobby

The breakfast choice was good but was expensive

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Beautiful modern building with breathtaking views in the heart of the city.
    • Superior King Room

Downtown San Francisco can be a little rough and tumble. It was not easy to find the parking for the location at first, but the valet parking was convenient.

The room was huge with a beautiful view of the city. The bed was extra comfy. There were several restaurants in the area to choose from. The staff was extra helpful, the front desk in particular made checking in a breeze.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Great hotel if it wasn't for the missing breakfast
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking confirmation stated room rate including breakfast. But we only got 2 free breakfasts for our family of 4. Somewhere in the small print you will find this and the hotel would insist on it. No other hotel on our trip has done this. What a shame, it would have otherwise been a great stay.

Great hotel, spacious room, good swimming pool, good location for sightseeing

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Nice hotel - currently being renovated, expect to improve
    • Standard Queen Room

Currently construction ongoing- there was a strange persistent smell in the lobby, which refrained me from having breakfast in the restaurant. SPA closed Hotel close to rather unsafe area.

Friendly staff, perfectly ok rooms. Got upgraded to a late check out which was very convenient.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Clean hotel, good location.
    • Classic Double Room

I called prior to arrival and requested the two rooms I booked be next to each other, and received confirmation that at least they would be on the same floor. When I arrived, they told me I had only one room reserved so I had to show them my email confirmation. Then they gave me my second room on another floor. Didn't appreciate the disorganization, but just took the rooms. When we checked out, they double charged me for the incredibly expensive valet parking. Had to go get that fixed as well.

Clean hotel, good location.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

The customer service of the staff we met was wonderful. Made up for the issues we started with.
    • Executive King Room

The windows on one side were dirty. 27 floors up I guess that is difficult to keep up with. Tried to cancel first night due to price, they would not do it. I spoke with booking.com and the hotel. Really not sure who really said no. It was a back and forth to who could help me. I finally gave up, was very upset. I did not even get a really good answer or a phone call back to explain it to me. It was less than 24 hours after I booked. There was construction going on, was not informed before hand. Was up high which I loved, so did not disturb me with any noise. The construction however from what I was told caused the higher lounge to be moved to the lobby area with no views. The lounge up stairs was not open to us. There was ice , but no vending at all. The refrigerator was filled with alcohol and drinks, but a bit pricey. The items in the fridge only left like a 3x3 square for personal use items to keep cool, or any leftovers.

The room had many big windows. The bathroom was nice. The room comfortable. The staff was very helpful when we needed anything. Quick and friendly service. The room attendant kept the room clean and stocked with coffee and towels. She communicated with us about our schedule, so she could clean around our schedule. The front desk was very friendly. Gave us a couple of freebie gifts for our anniversary. The conceirge we spoke with was helpful and friendly. Did room service one night...tasty food and nice presentation.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

As expected for an Intercontinental, prepare for the room upsell.
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

Upsell: we turned up early, off an international flight, arriving about 10:30am. All 4 of us were told our room was not ready but for either $30 or $50 we could get into a room straight away! My recommendation, expect the upsell, book the cheapest room possible and then pay the difference for an early check in!

Clean and well presented as expected.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Recommend

The fact they renovating the window and there is noise due to this fact, even when on 30th floor.

Bell staff & breakfast staff are AMAZING ! Bar tenders are friendly but still professional. Big room, maintenance service 24 hours, house keeping is good, great breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Nice stay in San Fransisco
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

A Hotel with high standard, comfortable rooms and a friendly staff with high skills. The breakfast was really nice, however something expensive if not included in the total price for the room.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Great room, disappointing pool.
    • Deluxe Room

If offered the city or bay view, the bay isn't all that great. Not a bad thing, but wish I had picked differently! About the room, it has a sliding bathroom door. Better than most (seemed visually private and kept noise in), but it has a semi-transparent main section that lets a lot of light out into the main room. If traveling with a group, the light could be bothersome if you need to use the bathroom in the night or get up early to shower while others are still trying to sleep. Also, the pool looks nicer in the pictures than it really is. There is not a lot of space around the pool to sit, so if there are families with children, you have trouble getting around. Also, it's really a small lap pool--great if you want to get up early and get some exercise in, not as good if you want o just paddle around and cool off with friends. Also, not very clean in terms of the sides had a green tint (needed a vacuum).

The lobby and rooms were very nicely decorated. Great shower. Beds where very comfortable. Room was quite, and the elevators worked well. Has a button to ask for privacy or having room cleaned, which I like. Also, an energy efficient building. There is a nice restaurant and grappa bar on site, so if you are a foodie or into grappa, then this is a good location for you. Within a few blocks of a mall and Market street. Not the most centrally located, but a good location for my purposes.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Generally speaking, the hotel was wonderful, however the...
    • Deluxe Room

Generally speaking, the hotel was wonderful, however the only issue I ran into was that there was a sewing needle found in one of my towels, which was a definite surprise. The staff did respond promptly about this, but didn't really offer any compensation which I think would have been appropriate.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Perfect place to see the best of San Francisco.
    • Standard Room

The beds were SOOOOO comfortable. Hotel is located just far enough away from Union Square to be able to get there easy but not right in the middle of it. Staff were great compared to most city hotels we have stayed in.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

San Fran for a single traveller
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nosiey floors. I could hear every dpor slam and rattle.

Everything else! The location is great. Right in the heart of the city and close to transport and shopping. Safe location

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Bed was very comfortable, one of the best I've been in...
    • Classic Double Room

No complimentary water which seems absurd for a hotel of this caliber. I checked in at 1:30 pm and my room wasnt ready. Their only soultion was to make me pay $40 more to switch to a different room. Seems like they should have just waived that fee as a gesture of common decency, especially since customers are already paying top dollar. I was unable to sign on to the internet the entire time. It showed up as connected but I could never actually get on to a site - not sure if it had to do with the amount of people on it already or not. Shower had low water pressure. Elevators take a while and usually multiple stops. Would be great if they had a set specifically for floors 1- 15 and a second set for 16 - top.

Bed was very comfortable, one of the best I've been in at a hotel. Gym was big so even when busy it was easy to get a machine. I didnt go into the pool but pool area looked beautiful from the outside. Overall, very quiet and easy to sleep. View from room was fantastic.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Location!
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

Didn’t have a coffee shop in the hotel but there is a Starbucks 2-3 blocks away.

Location!!! It is close to everything - highways, Union Square, the Moscone convention center, Yerba Buena Gardens and lots of good restaurants.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Bad room service
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room service was terrible. Beds were not properly arranged in the morning by the staff. We were 4 in the room and we got 1 shower gel per day. Never seen something like that, especially in a intercontinental hotel

Good breakfast for a 4 stars, quiet room, free internet, star Michelin restaurant

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

If you’re going to see a game at ATT Park, this hotel is in...
    • Standard Queen Room

If you’re going to see a game at ATT Park, this hotel is in a great location- walking distance. The hotel also offers an airport shuttle that you can book in advance. The bar downstairs is great and offers delicious food and wines.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Location was good, staff were polite and friendly, concierge...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were small, limited condiments for tea/coffee (we stayed for 4 nights and were only given one condiment packet the whole duration of our stay, not refilled). Not clear what breakfast was included and we ended up having to pay extra, this resulted in us purchasing breakfast elsewhere the last two mornings as it was cheaper. Junior breakfast was $21, teeb only ate a small amount of fruit and a tiny muffin! On the first morning asked for soy milk 5 times - never received, teen did not want to come to breakfast after that and ate elsewhere later!

Location was good, staff were polite and friendly, concierge and bar staff were excellent, room very clean and the lady who cleaned extremely nice.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Corner room city view is amazing
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for extra sauce for my burger from room service and they told me it’s a 20 minute wait. I declined as by then I was finished eating. Unfortunately the $20 burger was dry. ;(

Corner room city view is amazing

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Housekeeping did not clean the room.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping did not clean the room. On-screen checkout was not available. I am missing some jewelry. None of it is exceedingly valuable, but this is nonetheless, extremely upsetting. Per the listing on Booking.com, there was supposed to be complementary breakfast. There was not.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Comfy, efficient hotel with fine but pricey buffet breakfast.
    • Classic Queen Room with City View

Thin toilet paper, and weak water volume. Tv guide could have given more program info

Great bed linens, pillows, lots of plugs for electronics Fast elevators Excellent staff

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Overall, good experience.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some basic amenities like electric kettle, teacups, instant coffee/tea were not automatically provided. Room service took 40mins (and 2 reminders) to deliver the kettle when requested for.

Big and comfy beds, housekeeper placed postcards and chocolates on our beds.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

I would stay here again, even with the minor issues.
    • Classic Double Room

Couldn't locate my reservation on check-in, didn't seem very concerned that they couldn't find it. Had to call my wife to get the confirmation number and then they searched a little more and finally found it. Key didn't work for the room, had to get it re-keyed before it worked.

Nice atmosphere, great lobby, great restaurant in the hotel. Great bell service!

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Clean, respectful, welled attendant, security, pool and spa,...
    • Standard King Room

Nice area surrounded by local places to go. Parking expensive

Clean, respectful, welled attendant, security, pool and spa, food and drinks was great, customer service great

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

We stayed at a high floor corner suit with an amazing view...
    • Standard Room

Nothing! Everything was perfect.

We stayed at a high floor corner suit with an amazing view of San Francisco. The room was spacious and beautiful. The bed was super comfy. Excellent stay!

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

10 out of 10 place to stay in San Fran!!

I loved it all!!

There was not one thing I didn't love about this place/stay. The staff was extremely nice and helpful!! 10 out of 10 hands down! I completely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to or through San Francisco!!!! Thank you so much for all of your time and effort.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Great location and comfortable
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The decor and fittings within the rooms/bathrooms are very dated. The cost of the bar fridge items is above reasonable and only a very small space exists for personal items The bellman arranged the airport Transfer vehicle for $85 plus tip which we declined as 2 Ubers would be cheaper, however on departure we found the airport transfer vehicle is only $50 plus tip so it seems there is an integrity issue with some staff

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Expensive stay in San Fran for what we received, hotel clean and more business orientated.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Add on costs, parking $65 per night, tea coffee facilities for max 2 people if they don't like milk, location was not ideal with small children as many homeless people in that area. It was $20 dollars for two beers in total.

Both conceirge extremely helpful, very obiliging. They help us out with a few issues, changed one room with a bath, however our family were on separate floors. Also I like the secure, room key, lift use.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

Comfort and convenience

I have no complaints

This is my second visit to the hotel. Check-in was swift and was able to receive a late check-out for no additional charge. The room was lovely and the breakfast which was included in my rate delicious

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Internet should be included in the price but this was the only downside.

Easily reachable from the airport by BART, beautiful big room with the biggest TV screen I have ever seen in any hotel before, spacious bathroom with bathroom toiletries, delicious cheeseburgers, professional and friendly hotel staff

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Location was perfect, staff as nice and helpful.
    • Standard King Room

Pool Area - needs a facelift. Looked much better on the photos.

Location was perfect, staff as nice and helpful. Got an upgrade to a higher floor room which had an awesome view. Room was spacious, clean and had a big TV.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Disappointing,Not 5 star hotel at all.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The dust in rooms, on tables, on lamps, from air conditioner. The water in pool was really dirty and cold. No light working above jacuzzi area and shower. In 2018 wifi must be free in hotel when you pay 2000$ for weekend, and spa entrance or at least sauna should be included. Valet parking is over priced. Really for guest it should be bonus or normal price.

The breakfast was awesome, full of choice and good coffee

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

very dissapointing; does not worth the price and the intercontinental brand is oversold
    • Standard Room

1. the room is not as we expected. it is old- condition of the mattress is bad.. the housekeeping does not keep the bedsheet neat tucked in. one day they left the roll over bed as half neat... the blanket was left unfold 2. moreover the receptionist ladies were not friendly. we checked in 5 rooms at different arrival time. the last one to check in was at 10.30pm with 70year old parents and kids below 5yo; the receptionist told us all the double bed are sold out- which we have requested from the beginning and refused to give solution- and even worse she asked us to wait for another line because she closed her shift. Her name is Melody... i think this is worst treatment to the customers who she has been handled half way. there r another lady at that time didnt have customer in front of her and yet didnt extend her hand to help. so during our whole stayinf of 4 days 5 rooms total- we are very dissapointed with the service. i dont see happy faces in their staffs. we definitely not coming back..

nothing i like about the hotel

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Below average for expectation of a nice hotel
    • King Room with View

Shower was terrible just a trickle of water. Tv remote was out of batteries and the room service phone barely worked as there was lots of interference and could barely hear through it

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

$300 a night in SF during New Year's is not a high price, but this hotel room still wasn't worth it.
    • Standard Room

It was our honeymoon. We requested a high floor. They gave us a room on the 12th floor (disappointing), but said that for an additional $20, they'd give us a higher floor. We agreed. They gave us the 16th (still disappointing): it smelled like body odor. We mentioned it and they gave us a new room on the 28th floor (much better), a free bottle of sparkling wine and waived the $20 fee. It still smelled (not as intensely) and could have been cleaner, but I didn't mention it-too much trouble.

The view was great and the location was as expected.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

According to my husband the aesthetics of the lobby were...
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel stay was intended to be a getaway for my husband and me, as well as our starting location for his swanky company party in the city as well as for our touristy efforts in and around San Fran. As noted above, I was unable to travel to San Francisco due to the fires, and was very disappointed - but was even more frustrated with the feedback my husband had for the room considering the significant cost associated with the property. I was upset to hear the following regarding the room, the room was small, there was no bathtub, the bed was uncomfortable (compared to a previous week's stay at a Homestead Marriott hotel in San Mateo) and the location was not in a safe area for my husband to walk to the venue, the Regency room -he had to call an Uber for 1.5 mile walk. I would assume this is not a convenient location to walk to the touristy destinations due to the "shady" location. My husband also attempted to recoup the 2nd night of our stay (since he was flying back early due to the fires), and the front desk gave him the run around as well, "doesn't seem to be a problem, let me get our manager", and then the manager refused. My experiences with this particular location of Intercontinental were absolutely not in line with prior stays in DC and Chicago of this brand associated with service, luxury, comfort. Also, the interactions with the front office stay and manager were exceptionally offputting considering the circumstances of the situation. In our next trip to the city, we will most definitely not stay at this location and since my husband works remote to the Bay Area we visit regularly.

According to my husband the aesthetics of the lobby were nice. Unfortunately, I could not travel to the hotel due to the Southern California fires (literally could not drive to the airport-Santa Barbara that my flight was out of) - I contacted the property on Wednesday, December 6th in an effort to have a reimbursement for the second night of our stay (my husband was traveling back to our family to ensure our safety with the fires) and I was given the run around, "we might be able to help you, please contact Booking.com since you paid with them (despite my credit card being charged by the hotel on the statement". Upon contacting Booking.com, they refused them as well.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

Covenient quiet location.
    • Standard King Room

Covenient quiet location. Larger room size. Complimentary slippers, robes, magnifying mirrors in bathroom, hair dryer. Prompt response from staff. Availability of 24 hour room service - hotels should list this in their descriptions. It was one of the deciding factors for us.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Antonio at Bar 888 was superb!
    • Deluxe Room

Antonio at Bar 888 was superb! With a city full of options we still chose to eat there and to be pampered by Antonio. His suggestions for food and wine were amazing. We couldn’t have asked for better. It was the best part of our whole stay!

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Very comfortable room with spectacular views.

There are a lot of conferences held nearby and the hotel can be rather overrun by attendees at certain times making the lift service quite slow.

Very comfortable room with spectacular views. Helpful and efficient staff. The Club Lounge is excellent - a lovely room with good food and service.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Great central location, great staff. Need a less firm mattress.
    • King Room with View

The king mattress in my room was VERY firm, so I was not able to get comfortable and spent a very restless evening.

Great location, close to Moscone Center, SF MOMA, and the Metreon/Yerba Buena center, so lots to do and good restaurants nearby. Very friendly and attentive staff..

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

There was congee for breakfast.

The worst hotel that I have stayed in. Regret giving a second try, regret booking it. 1. Booked room with City view, given a room with view of a building across the street, called concierge, they say looking into another building is considered city view. 2. Room's phone broke down 3. Asked for kettle to be delivered 3 times and took over 40 minutes to be delivered. Hotel's ventilation was bad and stuffy (no windows can be opened) 4. Asked for room change and the bell man came up after I've already moved my stuff - cos he took that long 5. New room had no wifi (btw the wifi costs unless you sign up to their membership) 6. Phoned up their technicians for over an hour to get it fixed (super hungry by this time, hadn't had anything to eat, and wanted to avoid the hassle of changing rooms again) 7. Asked for room service - never came (apparently they left a message, but the message can't be read from the phone in the new room) 8. Asked for salt to be deliver in the morning, took them over 40 minutes to deliver soap instead of salt and I had to leave by that time 9. After one sleep, face swollen - red and itchy (I have no idea if the allergy reaction is because of the stuffy/dry air or they just don't wash their linen properly) 10. Second day evening wifi still doesnt work 11. Came back and surprised to find the take away I got the other day (since room service never came), was not cleaned away. Plus, they did not replace the vanity kit that I had used up earlier. 12. Took 30 minutes for them to come up and clean away the boxes 13. Room change again - complaint made to hotel, manager reassured me everything is not going to happen again and she will send me some complimentary fruit and water immediately (yes, water in the room is not free either). 14. Well the water did not arrive on that day, neither did the fruit. Yes I don't bother making complain to managers anymore. 15. The fruit and water arrived next day.

There was congee for breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Very disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

There were a woman who asked for my key card ( I was the only one when there were much more white people ) who asked for a proof of staying at this hotel. Because my wife and I are latin people doesn't mean we cannot pay for a hotel. It seems that there are some peopke who cares much better about others. I am very disappointed!

Nice bathroom and great air conditioning and nice view.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Excellent guest service from the Front desk to the bellman .
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent guest service from the Front desk to the bellman ...great location ...save the trouble of looking and book now....floor to ceiling views of the bay, room service outstanding Luce burger...yum yum. We will stay again and again ...thank you!

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

I liked the soap.
    • Deluxe Room

$54.00 for parking.... Initially not offered to us. Told parking 15 dollars an hour. I had to point it out that there was daily parking for guest....

I liked the soap. I know that sounds unusual. Very pricey. Been in several hotels. It is quite average

We Price Match