Reviews of The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609, United States of America

#45 of 120 hotels in Tampa

5.1

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Excellent location, nice lobby, nice room.
    • Superior King Room

The rooms need some renovations: bathrooms need some update and remove carpets in the bedroom. Those keep to much dust. From I got to the room I started to sneeze.

Excellent location, nice lobby, nice room. Very convenient parking

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Tampa's Vacation
    • Superior Room with Two Double Beds

At night the motorcyclist was racing up.and down the street. Very loud at night we you are trying to sleep.

The staff was very nice and energetic. Lobby and the outside fountains are nice places to go and enjoy the veiw.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

This is a hotel for singles and business travelers.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived late in the evening for check in with two small children both asleep. Assistance was slow in coming. Felt like we were inconveniencing the valet. The interior facing rooms have a large floor to ceiling glass wall. I did not see this in the hotel description. I am afraid of heights and was afraid of my kids banging on that glass so we kept the blinds closed. The hotel faces an office building so you can see right into the offices and they can see right into the room.

Location was close to restaurants. Valet service was fast with call ahead option.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Valet parking was reasonable and great guys.
    • Traditional King Room

the windows view is an office that shares the building... Didnt like the fact of the window being closed all day

Valet parking was reasonable and great guys.. Bed was super comfy..

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Got overcharged Not happy at all that they never return my...
    • Traditional Single Room

Got overcharged Not happy at all that they never return my expensive deposit for incidentals. I have been a regular customer there for many years but this will be my last for staying. Especially knowing that I am getting wriped off for the second time. Sucks really. Now I have Rodney earl with credit card company to get my money back

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

We loved the cleanliness of the entire hotel, the location,...
    • Traditional King Room

The only complaint we had was the housekeeping staff was quite noisy in the morning. Slamming doors and talking to each other way too loud.

We loved the cleanliness of the entire hotel, the location, and all of the amenities that’s included. The bed was like sleeping on clouds.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Beware of room 1001
    • Traditional King Room

The room was by the elevator and the air conditioning had a defect making noise all night. The hotel was aware of this stating most people don't complain about the noise. They made no effort to make things better .

Beautiful water fountain

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

We enjoyed the amenities &everyone
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

A bit pricey to dine at the restaurants on the property.

Staff were professional & friendly.the Hotel room & common areas were imaculet, glad to see you had two bins trash/recyle grateful to see the accessible every one,close to shopping,downtown,& Airport

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Hotel could do much better
    • King Room - Disability Access

Even though the rooms are non-smoking, the room assigned to us had a very strong smell of smoke, so much that we asked for a different room; the new room was ok, although the closet doors required maintenance as they would not open entirely. Also, I think it is very unpleasant that an hotel of this category still charges for wifi access - at least, if they continue to do so, they should provide a better quality access; ours was not great.

I was attending a reunion at the Westshore Plaza, therefore the location was superb. The room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Love it
    • Traditional King Room

Room heat was cold I cut the unit off t stat Seems be just a wall ornament Would love a corporate rate Sometimes rates 170 to 350 a night We have office in the facility and really like been there but sometimes 350 is way out of range

Very good staff at desk and lounge and gift shop

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

It was ama
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I stayed here during times that don’t occur too often, so there’s a little miscommunication happening towards end because I stayed here during the passing of Hurricane Irma. So I understand as to why they had this little problem. It got a little bit confusing hearing different communication from different sources. I did appreciate the sources that told me the truth, rather than the ones who were like nothing is going on and trying to keep calm.

The bed was amazing as comfortable as could be. The staff were great I would recommend this hotel to all I know. I would certainly without any doubt would visit again in the future. I just love a place with great staff and that’s what I received. I loved the view of the pool, had a beautiful sunset the time I went. #Mesmerizing.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Room was nice.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The parking situation is not ideal. No good instructions on where to park and how to get into the hotel from the parking garage that is in the back.

Room was nice. Lighting in the bathroom was EVERYTHING. Nice pool area. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Amy and Sean behind the bar were great.
    • Traditional King Room

Could not connect to wifi. Rang tech and she could not connect either of our phones. Said she will get her superior to ring and help. Did not happen !!

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Good
    • King Room with Disability Access

When we checked in we were told breakfast was from 6 to 10:30. We went down to eat and got a bill for $42.50 for breakfast. I talked to the lady at the counter and all she said was, I'm sorry about the Misunderstanding. That may not be a lot of money to them but it was to us.

Other than the breakfast Experience it was really nice.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Luxury accommodation, which is clean, modern and staffed by polite, professional staff.
    • Traditional King Room

The indoor parking is oversubscribed.

Staff were amazing, we were assisted by Kimberly and she made our stay exceptional! We were staying as part of our honeymoon and this member of staff went above and beyond to make our stay fantastic.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Will definitely stay again upon arriving at TPA.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing detrimental on our short stay.

The staff was extra friendly and helpful., especially Senetia, our check-in hostess. She gave us special attention and made our short stay memorable. Hope to have the opportunity to stay again, Was on a girl's trip beginning with our first night here and it started our nine day trip off to a wonderful beginning.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Very clean great hotel staff outside of maid service. I come to Florida just about every other week
    • Superior King Room

Every time I showered the person that cleaned the rooms would put the water stopper down in the shower in case someone wants to take a bath. Here's a tip. No one bathes in these showers and if the maid comes in every day and sees the water stopper up then why would he or she put it down daily. Very frustrating especially for people that have back issues and can't easily bend. Lastly prices at cafe are very high

The beds were very comfortable. The staff at front desk great

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

Nice ambiance

Better signs to direct you to the parking garage. Also better lightning because the garage is so excluded

I love the location to the airport the friendly staff at check in . The facilities were beautiful

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Loved the steakhouse in the hotel and the rooftop pool.
    • Traditional King Room

I left my romper in the room after I checked out and staff was not helpful when I asked if they found it.

Loved the steakhouse in the hotel and the rooftop pool.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Luxurious hotel in a great location for a good price.
    • Traditional King Room

The windows in our room overlooked a beautiful courtyard with an office building across the way, so we had to keep the shades drawn for privacy. Next time I'll request a room on the exterior wall to avoid this.

Everything was absolutely excellent. The common spaces and the rooms are brand new and clean. Really beautiful! The bed was so comfortable I took a photo of the mattress brand. The rooms are sound proof as well. Walked to Starbucks for coffee, Walgreens for a card I forgot. Everything is close by (take a walk on the neighboring blocks, it's a gorgeous area of homes) and the airport is literally 5 minutes away. We were very happy with our stay, and this will be our go-to Tampa hotel. The hotel bar is large and very inviting. You can buy anything you may need in the complex or a short walk away.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Lack of compassion hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

An error in our booking resulted in an early arrival, which the hotel was not able to accommodate. The staff was rude and unsympathetic to our situation. Thus we had to sleep on the couches in the lobby (it was 230am ). After two hours they found us a room and then they charged us an additional $50 for an early check in, which they said it was a policy, but failed to provide the specific language in policy.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

The best hotel I have ever stayed in!
    • Traditional King Room

That we didn't have time to stay more than one night.

The staff treated us like royalty. Room was exceptional, including bathroom (could not find one flaw about the place). Bed was like a cloud, it was quiet and no smell of smoke anywhere! Toiletries were plentiful.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

The staff took the time to meet and even exceeded my...
    • King Room - Disability Access

The fact that there were three mosquitoes in the bathroom. I am not fond of mosquitoes at all

The staff took the time to meet and even exceeded my expectations

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I was charged more than the price that supostly have to pay for my room, I am trying to call to the accounting office to fix it but nobody answered me, and the front desk manager don’t have any answer also, I am very disappointed

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR OR AT HOME. UNTRUSTWORTHY CLEANING STAFF.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping stole items out of our room. I asked the front desk staff to investigate the issue, and they refused to inquiry into the issue other than to state to me that nothing was informed by them from the cleaning staff that items were missing. Filed a BBB complaint and upper-management ignored our request to further inquiry about the issue or question staff members. Also, internet is not free or provided. For the price internet should be included. This hotel chain is terrible in addition to stealing your money, they steal your belongings. I also had to call the front desk to request towels be delivered to the pool. Lazy and dishonest cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

GOOD... but would take very little to make it excellent.
    • Traditional King Room

CONS: Poor lighting in room - atmospheric, but not good for working in evenings. Our room was next to the noisy lift, but not too much use after mid-night. Had to pay for WiFi... so didn't! Some rooms look internally straight towards office workers at their desks. Could be off-putting - for them as much as us!

PROS: Free self parking in rear multi-storey car park. Large clean room with large comfy bed. Located opposite mall with good restaurants outside - Mitchells was excellent.

Great Hotel and Staff!!
    • Traditional Single Room

Staff was very friendly, Schula's Steak House on site, excellent food and service. Shuttle to the airport, would definitely stay at this location again!!!

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Would return without question.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Parking spaces are a little tight.

Exceeded expectations, beautifully modern with a great bed and TV. Also a spacious room and bathroom. The price was right.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

A great place to find in a sold out city!!
    • Traditional King Room

There was an odd smell in the room. Kind of like it used to a smoking room back in the day.

The hotel was modern and clean. Beds are very comfy. Gym was nice too.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Terrible Staff
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I had extenuating circumstance happen. I spoke with a lady that told me she was communicating with booking.com and the gm. She even said she was holding my room until next day atleast. We call the next day and no her goofy self cancelled it. And the rest of the staff shows no record of my call. Now I am requested to send screenshots of my 4 calls. So keep a good log of who you speak to and screenshot everything. Also,two ladies I spoke to one in reservations and one at front desk were so rude. And because of their incompetence I have to fight for my money back. I was so looking forward to my vacation, but things happen. However, they did not help the stress I was/am going through!

The deal at the time. Nothing else.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Do not stay there!!! Horrible staff and moldy rooms.
    • Superior Room with Two Double Beds

I liked NOTHING!

Do not go there!!! Web Picture does not represent the hotel, but the office center, that is attached to hotel. You will be better off going to the cheapest hotel on the side of the road. Horrible, rude, not helpful management staff. Moldy rooms. Horrible dirty pool. Stinky. 2 out of 3 elevators did not work. 9th floor flooded. Air conditioner in the room did not cool below 77*F, hot even in the hallway. That is not a Portofolio Hotel. Misrepresentation galore.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Beds.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Everything went wrong. Carpets were being pulled out on floor on top of us so there was scrapping and constant noises early in morning which didn't allow us to get any proper rest. They had water leaking throughout hotel. At one point only 1 elevator out of 3 worked. Management really didn't do much to make it better other than apologize. Worst get away away ever.

Beds.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Awesome getaway!
    • Traditional King Room

The self park was a little confusing, not many signs to tell us where to go or where we get into the hotel from the parking deck.

I love that I could call guest service and they would pick up right away! Also the plush bathrobes were a nice touch!

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

It was ok
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Lighting was kinda dim so for double occupancy made getting ready. There was no view and the roof top pool was small and not enough seating. By the second night two of the three elevators were broken. So there was either a very long wait or walking up the stairs. Staff was not knowledgeable about other things to do in the area especially food to try. Only suggested very generic places.

The room was great and very clean. It had amazing hot water and pressure for the shower. Beds were very comfortable. Most of the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Great location! Great room! Great food!
    • Traditional King Room

The service to get a drink at the pool took forever. I had to ask the server twice for my drink and it took 30 mins. Then no one ever came back so we could order anything else. Seems like a loss of money for the hotel.

The bunk beds were a nice surprise for my son. I loved the pool and the rooms were excellent.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

It great
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

There's not one thing I can say Bad about the hotel staff and where the hotel was located is a very beautiful hotel

The coziness of the room in the nice linens they had on the bed

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Very clean

This property used to be an InterContinental. While the hotel is still very nice, the service level is not quite the same and the staff does not seem to be trained in the same manner.

Very clean

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Dishonest and disrespectful staff but clean rooms
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

We checked into our room around 7:45pm with our toddler in tow. My husband ran out to bring our rental car to the airport since we had an early flight and planned on using the shuttle. Right after he left I received a knock on the door, it was a male maintenance worker who said he had a project to finish in the bathroom he had been working on before we checked in. I was wary but had noticed the missing tiles in the bathroom (as well as the black mold along the base of the wall by the shower) He said it would be quick so I told him to go ahead and finish. He left without saying anything, then as I'm trying to get my daughter ready for bed he came back not once but 2 more times because he kept bringing the wrong size tile. It made me very uncomfortable, and I couldn't believe this was happening after 8pm, why couldn't this have been done before we checked into our room! Even after disrupting us 3 times he still didn't finish his project. Had I not had a little one with me who needed to go to sleep I would have requested to switch rooms but it's a lot of work moving all our belongings especially that late at night. My husband also forgot his expensive Ray-ban sunglasses in the room which we realized as soon as we were on the shuttle and he called immediately, yet we had to try and contact a manager for 2 days before they finally "found them" and said someone could come pick them up.

The hotel was nice and clean, beds were comfy and we got a good price booking our room last minute

• Reviewed: April 29, 2017

Good quality hotel. Food and location excellent.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Bookings rates were prepaid and higher than direct booking

I liked the dowstairs lobby and restaurant. Also have morning breakfast option. Great price and quality.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

Poor service in Tampa
    • Superior King Room

Food pricey and not very special. Staff conspicuous by absence. Coffee bar shut during day. Used main bar for lunch post checkout but they did not have chip and pin for credit cards so staff attempts to swipe shut down credit card and debit card on first day of holiday; had to phone UK on mobile phone to reinstate. Pathetic in both service and technology terms for a 4-star hotel!

Served it's purpose for one night evening arrival from UK.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Not good for privacy.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

You couldn't open the curtains without being seen from the adjoining property. The room did not have net curtains/sheers so you always felt someone could see in the room so you had to keep the curtains closed for privacy.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Location to airport.
    • Traditional King Room

Our window overlooked a bank where if your drapes were open they could see right in. Had to keep them closed.

Location to airport. cleanliness of room

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Great place to stay for a quick trip to Tampa
    • King Room - Disability Access

Hair dryer was broken and took 20 minutes to get a new one which made us a bit late but no big deal

The bed was wonderful and comfortable. The location was ideal to both the Westshore area and a quick drive to Hyde Park or to Channelside. Parking garage was very convenient.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2017

Fun

The man at registration desk was unfriendly and questioned our reservation until I showed him my online confirmation. Not a good intro to hotel.

Beds were comfy. Nice bar with friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Was like going to work
    • Suite

Room was not as advertised. Suite was a meeting room with a board room table and chairs , King Bed was a . Queen. Staff seemed practiced at saying - we're so sorry

• Reviewed: January 12, 2017

Wonderful top floor room overlooking down down tampa, with a...
    • Superior King Room

Lack of vending machines after the snack shop closed

Wonderful top floor room overlooking down down tampa, with a fireworks show in the distance.... A stunning end to our gulf Coast trip.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2016

Decent hotel, but no longer an Intercontinental.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Big problem was finding the place, as it's now called the Westshore Grand, not the Intercontinental. Arrived in Tampa from London, and after a long flight, driving an unfamiliar rental car, in the dark, on a busy Saturday night, it was a very annoying and frustrating experience! Very disappointed that we weren't informed, Booking.com!

Comfy bed, good sized room, nicely decorated and furnished . Excellent burgers in Shula's restaurant on ground floor.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2016

Comfortable with good facilities - happy customer!
    • Standard Room

As mentioned previous, gym should be better air conditioned. Staff at the check-in desk weren't that friendly, a smile after an exhausting journey would have been nice! Bathroom - shower pressure was ok but the shower head was a bit too small. Now I wish I had taken a picture of the bathroom too. The restaurant attached is a bit of gimmick - unless you are into football or are there for a special occasion.

I liked the gym facilities, well equipped, not top busy - although I did use it early morning. The location was good, with a mall being 5 mins walking distance. Within the hotel, there were good facilities. Staff at the door were friendly and welcoming. Facilities were clean, room service was efficient and warm. Also, I am stickler for a clean bathroom and although I wasn't too keen on a shower in a bath tub but ease of use more than made it up - I even ended up using the bathtub. I liked exploring the hotel, it has banks and offices within the building.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2016

Disappointing!

Walls thin, could hear guests next door talking and across the hall; slow service in bar area restaurant especially given how few people were there; did not like the fact that room faced an office building and they could see in to our room; pool area fair

Comfortable bed and linens, nice shower, very good location, rates ok

• Reviewed: October 14, 2016

Great location, horrible staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The system was down and the receptionist was very rude to us, he couldn't check us in nor did he gave us any solution.We waited over an hour until we walked up to desk again to cancel it and only then different receptionist checked us in manually. I would not use this hotel again due to their very poor customer service. Very bad management.

Location was very nice, close to everything.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

Not happy with booking.com
    • Standard Room

The agreement that booking.com has with the hotel. That the type of room I booked with booking.com was not the room they gave me. I was highly upset. I don't know if I will be using booking.com anymore.

Every thing was great!

• Reviewed: August 13, 2016

There was no mini bar/fridge in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

There was no mini bar/fridge in the room. There was no vending machine in the hotel. I booked a room for three to include breakfast but the reservation only showed two resulting in paying full price for breakfast for the third guest!

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Very easy check in!

Bathroom was very small

Very easy check in! Front Desk agent was super friendly and answered all of my questions with a good attitude and a smile. The breakfast was amazing and the atmosphere was great.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2016

Nice hotel, adequate location, unsympathetic staff
    • Standard Room

The staff, with few exceptions, acted very unsympathetically and did not attempt to anticipate my questions or concerns. The valet parking, although I can see the value in it, was rather inconvenient. If there ever was an option to self park, I wasn't informed about it.

The room, facilities and breakfast were very good. Very helpful and friendly valet staff.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

So helpful, staff and valet are excellent

So helpful, staff and valet are excellent

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Excellent Hotel and would definitely stay again with a friend or family
    • King Room with Disability Access

Was an inside room facing another building where construction was going on....wasn’t picturesque, but I didn’t stay at that hotel for the “view”....

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Not happy

No tv or internet

Lication

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Great start to holiday

Not applicable

Staff were friendly, bar food and cocktails were delicious

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

• Traditional King Room

Food service and food both extremely poor

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Could include some breakfast

Could include some breakfast

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

We had a great stay and dinner at Shula’s

No complaints

Great bed and pillows

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Great stay
    • Traditional King Room

Everything was perfect. I’ll be staying again.

Very nice hotel. Convenient location. Very nice staff.Food at shula’s was really good.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Excelllent

Onlone

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Excellent Location for Airport/Cruiseport
    • Traditional Queen Room

The "No Name" Lounge (yes that is it's name) was excellent for dinner, very comfortable

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Lack of light in room

Lack of light in room

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

It was pleasant.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The pH water in the room is too expensive. A bottle for $5.00 is too high.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Convenient, Mark front desk aaa+

Convenient, Mark front desk aaa+

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Overall for our one night stay before going on a cruise good ,staff excellent
    • Traditional Single Room

No choice of venue and food

Comfortable bed and. Pillows

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

extra pillows
    • Traditional Queen Room

very very small room, walking around the bed was a problem.

extra pillows

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

I will always choose you guys and I will be back!

I loved it all!

The whole room was absolutely perfect!!

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Good value
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was awesome, valet was quick

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Was not given wake up call even tho requested

Was not given wake up call even tho requested

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

IT WAS AWESOME
    • Traditional King Room

The Microwave is on the ninth floor. It would be nice to have one on each floor.

The hotel is so beautiful and modern. I love the lobby!!!!

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Super good quality/price hotel!
    • Traditional King Room

Super good quality/price hotel!

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Didn't drink coffee, the location was close proximity to...

Didn't drink coffee, the location was close proximity to everything we needed, even a car wash. That was a plus