Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Indianapolis West 2.5 stars

3850 Eagle View Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46254, USA

#88 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

Typical older hotel needing maintenance.

The Wifi in the room did not work at all. The Wifi in the lobby worked great. Our door was very hard to open/close due to it binding with the frame. The bathroom lock did not function. We had five people, and the cot they provided did not really fit in the room. We had to block the pathway to the bathroom. There are only three small pillows per queen bed. That's tough for pillow lovers.

The rooms were quiet.

The nice get away to Indianapolis

The first room was on the 1st floor and not a good location, the 2nd floor was being remodeled.

The attendant Sid,did a excellent job in getting a room on the second floor ready and it was great, clean and quiet. I appreciate his services.

I like the location, it was near my weekend activities
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

The phone in the room didn't work, when asked for a cleaning of the hot tub before use they wouldn't do it. I had to buy bleach and clean it myself

I like the location, it was near my weekend activities

Decent price!

There was a little spot of blood in the sheets on our bed, but everything else seemed clean.

Breakfast was ok. But when we stayed there in the past it seemed like there was more to choose from before compared to this time.

I will not recommend this hotel.

First room was dirty. We were moved to another. Second room did not smell clean. Sheets had burn holes in them. Eggs were over cooked and hard. The eggs were in the warmer too long.

The worst ever from booking.com

The bed was like a rock, one room door was painted shut, the other smelled like dirty socks and dirty diapers. The breakfast was cold and stale, the entrance lock only worked part of the time, the windows were filthy, the toilets were still high flow, the carpets left my feet and socks filthy over all this was one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever stayed in and also one of the most expensive I have ever booked on Booking.com.

The desk clerk was nice....... the only positive thing I can say.....

Excellent staff but rooms need renovated

Room was showing its age, lots of carpet stains,and the top door lock opened into a wall so the door gets stuck a lot. That was pretty annoying

Staff was very friendly and it's in a good location

We stopped here because our son was in a nearby hospital.

The stairway door was locked. Fire hazard. The pool was outside. The breakfast was disappointing —low quality and few choices. No oatmeal either.

Location is close to the rehab hospital

wont be going back
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

the toilet was loose. the shower nozzle was falling off the wall. No kleenex. the curtain sun barrier was torn so the light showed through. the bed was way too hard. had to switch beds.

clean

Questionable

Location was a little scary I'm pretty sure there were two prostitutes in the lobby around midnight when I stepped outside to smoke. Very uncomfortable .

Room and lobby were clean. Staff was very friendly.

It was fine.

The bothtub/shower was not cleaned. There was hair and stuff on the wall and shower curtain. They did address it right away. Also, you could hear people in other rooms....

Location was great, staff was very nice. Room was nice. Problems were resolved right away.

not very happy
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

1st nite ok 2nd nite ask for more coffee/tea that was their day b4, 1 coffee, 3rd day could not get shower adjust 2 hot 2 cold. I went 2 desk & asked 4 toilet paper, man at desk call lady, she could not find, about 10 minutes later she knocked on door & handed me 2 1/2 rolls of TP, I accepted threw them in trash & left day early. Never again

Easy, least, lemon squeezy
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Only issue was staff woke us up the first morning. They were trying to catch someone smoking in their room. Like Shaggy said, It wasn't me.

Clean and quiet with easy access yo restaurants and shopping. Pleasant staff. The beds were very comfy.

We didn't eat.

Toilet got backed up

We didn't eat. The suite thing is a little confusing. You can go to any hotel and it a room with 2 queen beds. They don't consider them suites

Ok for short visits

Beds were not queen size. Hot breakfast was very poor (only hard biscuits and gravy). Very few choices. Good thing thing Cracker Barrel was in walking distance. Covers to receptacles were falling off of walls. Exposed screws from other items not secured to walls.

Close to Lucas Oil Stadium and access to highways

SAD! They also told me the manger would call me but he never did
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

First of all I booked my room online it was 80.73 that was all taxes included they took 93.83 off my card Second of all we get all the way to our room get settled we were in the room about 20 maybe 30 minutes I notice something crawling out the microwave it's roaches go in the bathroom the tub is filthy I called the office he says well I can move you guys room now we have pack back up and move rooms to get the same results in the bathroom dirty tub so as far as the bed being comfortable or anything else I don't know we never got comfortable!! We have been to rooms and seen a spider and they accommodated us way better not only moved our room but also offered us half off if we wanted to stay another night it just depends on the situation we have also been given a free night so with that being said it was just unacceptable

I don't know what happened because I have stayed at the baymont In the pass but I can't really say I liked anything about my stay this time!! Sorry

A few problems but I would stay here again-overall clean & safe

Room had 4 lights out-found a dirty cleaning towel on the floor by the chair as soon as I entered the room-coffee machine was not cleaned-was coffee left in it-shower was hardly no pressure to get wet for a shower. Also breakfast was being taken down at 9:15 instead of 9:30.

Friendlyness-safe feel of being by myself

Great.
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

My partner had found a slug in our bed, when the front desk auditor was told about it, he mad it seem like he didn't believe her and she was the one who put it in there. Other than that everything was great.

We loved the Jacuzzi in the room.

Could have stayed somewhere else for same price.

No eggs on breakfast buffet. Had to wake up front desk guy in order to check out. Checked into room and it wasn't cleaned. There were used towels on the floor, bed not made, etc. exchanged for second room and the SAME THING. Had to check into a third room.

Indianapolis sold out due to Gen Con.

Indianapolis sold out due to Gen Con. This property had room for us to stay one night. Plus, they had laundry facilities which we desperately needed. The Cracker Barrel next store was a nice diversion too.

See above

I will never book through Booking.com again ~ this is 2nd occasion we arrived at location with confirmation in hand and hotel was not notified of all of our accommodations. I booked in good advanced time (couple mos) and had confirmation for 3 rooms, however, hotel was only notified of reservation for 1 room. I don't hold hotel accountable they did find another 2 rooms for us. We were in the area for a wedding and didn't have time to run around looking for another hotel. I will never make reservations through booking.com again and I will tell others of our problems with them and not to use them either, I was very upset that this occurred a 2nd time when using that website. There are too many others sites to be used to be treated like this over and over. Booking.com can't be trusted!!!!

Breakfast was ok, some members of our party would have liked to have had eggs on menu. The staff was very helpful

It was very relaxing and restful.

Unfortunately, the shower was broken and we couldn't use it. We told the desk clerk the next morning. He was unaware of this problem.

It was very quiet and peaceful. You got a good night's rest.

Fair, needs updating and cleaning for the money they charge. Never stayed in a aymont Inn this bad

Very old, carpet filthy and not accommodating. Asked for late check out and was told no as housekeeping had to leave. Hotel was barely booked and they only allowed me 30 minutes.

Overall, not horrible, but not thrilling.

The room was very outdated. The bathroom had several maintenance issues, and the room door was sticky (had to apply a lot of force to close).

The location was perfect. The parking lot was freshly sealed and redone. The staff was very nice.

Third world vibe and dated decor

People were working on their cars in front of the lobby. They had an extension cord running from the lobby through the main entrance to their car to run a saw that they were using to cut their muffler off. Very strange. 50ft from the main entrance someone else was replacing their rear brakes. These cars were being worked on when we checked in and were still being worked on when we checked out. It gave the place a quaint third-world feel. As did the strong smell of ethnic food in the halls. Cobwebs in room. Water smelled old and stale. To sum up, I would stay someplace else. The bedding seemed clean though.

Pool was nice.

The eggs and sausage were lukewarm but dried out. Room smelled musty,afraid to take off shoes and walk on the carpet. Vents in hallway not attached properly. Majority of pool furniture cracked. Manager offended when I asked it the room had previously been a smoking room.

Pool was nice.

The assistant manager attitude when I told him that I was...

The assistant manager attitude when I told him that I was never informed by him nor any staff member notified me that the water would be turned off temporarely before i had a business meeting.

Close to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Not everyone likes biscuits and gravy, which was served for the three days I was there. There were no towels for the pool at 8 pm on Saturday night. Fortunately, some were found for me. Someone had used a door stop to keep the door open to the pool. I knew what the original purpose of that door stop. My son and I were not invited to the lowered car convention held in the side lot. Wish it had ended at 10 pm instead of midnight.

The receptionist, Nathan, was a joy to work with. Very personable. I liked being able to help an older couple use their key cards. It was very convenient to have laundry equipment available. The Baymont was in a great location for me to get to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Not again!

One time both coffee machines were out of order. The pool was outside, and dirty. In the bathroom, the peeling wallpaper was STAPLED to the wall. The sausage I had for breakfast on the first morning did not taste right.

Close to restaurants

Pool not ready. Coffee not made continental not the best. Water pressure terrible! Access cards had to be remade. Surrounding restaurants dirty poor service and employees seemed not to care.

when the room next to me had the shower on it was so loud I...

when the room next to me had the shower on it was so loud I could not here my TV. I called the front desk to come & explain how the TV works, said they would be right down. 2 hours late I went to front desk, they had excuses why they had not come down. Need to hire people that speaks English that you can understand.

Not what expected

Bed was horrible, sank in the middle. Pillows were really small. Gentleman at front desk was difficult to understand. Seemed clean, but rundown in appearance. Towels were like sand paper!!

Location was good

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Horrible place to stay. Stained carpet and blankets. They will over charge you.
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms was terrible, beds were hard, no real comforters, they ran out out of blankets and the hotel wasnt even full with people,carpet was stained,pool wasnt opened, Over charged me $10 extra dollars cause booking.com didnt state that the room onlt required 4 people. So got charged extra for the fifth person, the cart to carry your luguage on was stained. Overall it was a big disappointment never again will i book a room at this place. O yeah the juice in the juicw machine wasnt changed out so there wasnt any juice to drink just water came out the machine.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The beds were clean but the overall facilities were not what...

They insisted on making a copy of my drivers license .

The beds were clean but the overall facilities were not what we had hoped for . The man at the front desk was efficient and friendly .

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

The best hotel to stay at
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was nothing I disliked

The staff was so nice and friendly the rooms was spacious and clean. The bed was so nice and comfortable.when I come to Indy this is where I will be staying.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

First Stop on an 18 Day Adventure
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that upon check-in, my credit card was copied. That didn't happen at any other locations in the 18 days we were traveling.

All was adequate.

Great location. Very bad mold smell in room and mold falling out of shower insert.

hard bed, very bad mold smell, shower insert not sealed and when shower water sprayed against it then black mold came falling out, room always had moldy smell, doors for rooms did not fit right because people were having to slam doors to get them to close which woke me every morning, American flag on pole in front of hotel was extremely old and torn in multiple places

location only

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Be careful of this Hotel,,Reviews are inaccurate!!!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rooms were not clean. There large stains in the carpet, most of the rooms had a odor , I asked the stain to be cleaned up they didn't do ,,it another guest had bed bugs thre overall stay was not something expected

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Cozy and comfortable
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Lady at the front desk maybe it was to bust of a day for her or something but my drivers license wasn't returned and she act like she couldn't understand me very dry attitude

affordable and comfortable clean, and neat

Almost perfect

The front staff is very unfriendly. The lady that was there when I checked in would look irritated everytime I asked her a question.

close to highway, easy on and off and there were plenty of stores and restaurants around it. I was able to just walk over to Cracker Barrel and get take out

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Ok
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Heat was not appropriate. Only half blowers worked on heater

Our room was freezing upon arrival. So cold we turned heat on high and LEFT FOR AN HR OR MORE. Came back still almost to cold to stay. By morning it was warm enough to shower.

Great staff and management - willing to go way out of their way to make sure the stay was great.

I have no negative comments.

I made a major faux pas by accidentally going in the wrong room - the door I tried was not latched. Later when the rightfully reserved person surprised me, the staff did a marvelous job in accommodating him and me.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

clean, but cold and cramped suite
    • King Suite- Non-Smoking

Reserved a "suite" for a few extra bucks since that usually means there's a little more space in the room with a sofa to sit on, etc. In this particular location, it means the same size room with a jacuzzi tub out in the room where one of the beds would normally be. This wasn't mentioned in the listing. Might consider it a bonus if you're into using that, but for us it just meant that the usable room space was even smaller and so was a disappointment. Asked at the front desk, but they couldn't offer anything different. The heating system in the room was off when we checked in. Since it was a cold winter night, the room was quite cold. We turned it on easily enough, but it took several hours for the heater to bring it up to the upper 60s.... probably because it had to compete with a window that was leaking alot of cold air into the room around the edges.

Facility and room were clean, staff was friendly enough, bed was comfortable, plenty of food and shopping options nearby. Room better lit than most hotel rooms with plenty of lights to turn on if you need them.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

A comfortable night's stay.

Instructions on how to activate the TV would have saved a trip to the front desk. A large sign is needed to point out the driveway to the Baymont Inn Parking lot.

The orange juice needs to be improved.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

would i stay again?? Yes!

i think the quality of some of the provisions needs to be just a little better.

i liked the freedom the hotel allowed the guests, they had breakfast ready on time every morning an kept it well stocked. checking in and out was very easy

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very nice

Tub needs to be replaced. Quite stained, gave a feeling of "get a quick shower and get out".

Room was nice. Breakfast was good but not great. Biscuits & gravy were very good.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Nice place to stay if you get a deal on price, otherwise better locales a little farther north.

Strange odor in the rooms, like smoke and cleanser mixed? HVAC units have no fan only mode for those of us that like some "white noise" while we sleep. Access drives have several very deep potholes to navigate to get to the property. Beds squawk when you move on them, but still comfy.

Very quiet despite I465 right next door. Cracker Barrel right next door.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

not a good place to stay

Run down. Poor maintained, not very clean, poor repairs. Air only worked for a few minutes and had to turn back on. Covered in mold so we just left it off. Shower was peeling paint.(yes painted tub and shower)

Convenient

Permanently broken coffe maker, state of disrepair

The coffee maker was broken after the hype about free breakfast. The "Out of Order" message had been typed and taped there...telling me there was no great effort to fix it. The Door to our room needed to be fixed and the hotel was in disrepair. The impression was that the owners were not investing in the property, nor their clients.

The room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Conference travelers

They didn't clean our room and no one even came to replace the dirty towels we left on on the floor.

The front desk personnel are friendly and the breakfast is good. Location is great surrounded with gas station, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Right hotel right where we needed it.
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Went out of their way to accomodate us with our pet. Very friendly and helpful. Very comfortable beds. Good ammenities. Cracker Barrel across the parking lot was convenient!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Very. Disappointed

The first room they put us in smelled like death warmed over room 113. The second room had no light bulbs The shower curtain was dirty the floors were dirty. I was soo disappointed, we've stayed there before..

The staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Good sleep is found here.

I needed some cheese on the buffet to make a breakfast sandwich. And maybe some fruit.

Bed like whoa, this is illegal in 27 states to feel so relaxed. Staff polite and well mannered. Breakfast was tasty. Only stayed one night, but it was a great one.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The table lamp didn't work.

The table lamp didn't work. The beds were not very comfortable, and one of them made a lot on noise. The shower was very hard to regulate. I made the reservation for four people, but there were only three towels. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Best staff!

Could've been cleaner. It wasn't bad, just a little dated. Carpets were stained, no water or bug mattress covers,& tub was peeling.

The best thing about this hotel was the staff! Best service I've ever had & we usually do ihg properties but they were booked bc of a convention. Exceptional customer service!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Convenient Location.

Not enough signs pointing to parking lot from the main highway. Breakfast was just OK.

Room seemed very large and clean. Just across street from CrackerBarrel and McDonald's. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Breakfast was good but wish they served water

Room 117 had large HVAC noise. Moved us to 115 which smelled moldy. Finally got room 111 which was satisfactory

Breakfast was good but wish they served water

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The room we booked wasn't available, the sheets were...
    • King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

The room we booked wasn't available, the sheets were stained, the room smelled musty, the tv didn't change channels, there were no extra pillows or towels. I wouldn't recommend either booking.com or this hotel to anyone.

Pleasure

Everything was good, have stayed here before.

Convient to location needed

No cold air in room. Dirty pool

Convient to location needed

We would definitely stay again!

We loved the pool, the staff was awesome, great location only a 10 minute drive to the track. Extremely clean facility!

• King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

The man at the time of check in wasn't very friendly.

The man at the time of check in wasn't very friendly.

It was a good stay

The bed was hard

Bed was a little hard

Ok

Very noisy hotel

Fantastic hotel for the price!

Checkin hours were too strict. The towels were scratchy.

The location was fantastic. The room was so comfortable! I got a wonderful nights sleep.

IHSAA

There was a dirty band aid in the tub, the toilet had not been cleaned, and the breakfast was disappointing!

Bed was dirty and had hair.

Bed was dirty and had hair. Got moved and there was trash on floor. Halls smelled my marijuana smoke. Will never stay again.

Decent breakfast
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Unable to regulate temperature in shower.

Decent breakfast

everything

everything

It was okay for what we booked it for. A place to sleep after attending a football game.

Heat did not work in the room.

Staff was friendly especially housekeeping.

Good for the price and location

The room really needs a sprucing. Nice hotel but it’s time to renovate.

The bed was comfortable and the cable was great.

Would not stay there again

Keys did not work. tv complicated to turn on. Tub stained. Carpet lumpy.

Water pressure in shower , really poor, that's all.

Water pressure in shower , really poor, that's all.

Satisfied trip