Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Jackson 2 stars

2035 Bondsteel Drive, Jackson, MI 49202, USA

#6 of 9 hotels in Jackson

Our room had a lot of set backs :(. The bathroom sink drain did not drain well and the drain ring was rusty, the suitcase holder was all rusted, the bathroom door had veneer chipped off 16" up, the dust ruffle on one of the beds had a huge spot of catsup and catsup was on the floor. For the $100 a night we paid for the room I do not think it was worth that. It is a shame because the staff was very sweet and accommodating and helpful :( I do have pictures and I was in the process of sending them to headquarters :(

The staff was amazing, the beds were great, the woman that cleaned and kept up the eating area did a great job, it was clean in the hallways and front desk area

I had hoped to check-in early at 1:30pm. There was a women in a back office who popped her head out and asked how she could help - we wanted to check-in - check-in is at 3:00pm - and then she went right back into her office and that was that. It was very short and matter of fact. Not very customer service oriented. When I did ultimately check-in at 8:30pm, there were only 5 cars in the parking lot. No reason why there could not have been an early check-in, especially when that is a typical perk for using Booking.com. There were also stains on the carpet - older facility.

The bed was comfortable. I slept very well - through the night.

Really stupid policy that under no circumstances will they let you check in early. A policy designed for the hotel and NOT the customer. Rooms are ready, but they can't check you in until 3 PM.

Clean. Good breakfast

We use to say at Baymount a lot. This hotel has really went down in the frinley ness of the staff they all hate there job and it shows. They were very rude and the place is filthy. The walls the dressers the head board don't get cleaned regularly. Any kind of fix that needed to be done is done sloppy have way or not at all. The carpets were beonyed gross they were not even vacuumed there was left over food still in the room on the floor. There was still tooth past on the sink Fossett. We only stayed because there were no other rooms available Else where because we got in late. If you have kids DONT stay there. It's not worth what it cost. The breakfast was cereal, stale bread and old hard muffins and old re headed gravy. This please use to be the best deal in Jackson but not any more:(:(

The breakfast could have been a bit better. The offerings were slim, would have like to seen eggs serve and maybe bacon as well. Sausage patties, biscuits & gravy, and waffles.

Bed was comfy. Parking was easy. Staff was friendly.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Juice machine was broken my entire 10 day visit. Thought pitchers of juice could have been put out on breakfast bar.

My room had all the amenities. Microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV, iron & ironing board, coffee pot, hair dryer. Bath room large with nice shower. Bed was very comfortable, lots of nice pillows.

This is an older property and it shows. If you are looking for a more modern property this may not be for you. The bathroom is small even for two. The outside noises and over head noise is very distinct and can be irritating.

The Baymount Inn and Suites is an older motel in Jackson MI. The staff was very helpful and nice. The rooms where warn but clean. The breakfast was good and the lady working the breakfast bar kept it stocked. This was not an easy job due to the hotel being full of race fan trying to get food and coffee then on their way to Michigan International Race way. The location was very good for what my husband and I needed. Close to the Michigan international race track and close to multiple dining options. The Hotel had a grassy area off the parking lot and allowed Race fans to sit out and kinda tailgate mingle and talk about their favorite driver. This really added to the enjoyment of a race trip. My husband and I are from Knoxville, Tn and this was our first trip to Michigan and the hospitality really made the trip.

The second day our room was made up, they stop cleaning rooms by 12 even though check out is at 12. They ran out of towels when I went to get some on the 3rd morning. They had to go around to rooms collecting towels so they could wash them to make up rooms.

The bed was comfortable.

I think we may have been assigned the last room left. There was a big, dark splat on the carpet, looked like oil. The drains in the sink and tub ran VERY slow. Yuk. The room had this odd smell. The bathroom door was peeling at the bottom, and it was decorated with holes that could have been made by someone with pointy shoes kicking the door. There were so many things plugged into one outlet, I wonder what the fire department would have said. The topper was looking at the bill to realize that our last night, 6/15/17 cost us 199.00, the first night 109.00 We paid 90.00 more the second night, presumably pricing for the tourist or summer season. Frankly, we were surprised by the dilapidated look of this property. Baymont Suites and Wyndham properties are usually good value and good quality.

Needs to be updated looked old . Housekeeping left some cleaning supplies in the room. But your front staff were friendly.

We did not eat the free food . I'm sure it was fine.

The shower drain ran slow and water backed up to my ankles. Yuk... This hotel is in desperate need of an update. There is a new hotel going up within eyesight of this property, competition is breathing down their neck.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

On the down side I had to get my hotel key rekeyed twice. To unlock my room it was acting up. You might want to check the door on room #125.

Breakfast was great

The bath tub and the sink had mold in it. Also the hallway smelt likeep someone was smoking in one of the rooms close to us and It was supposed to be a smoke free hotel. The outside of the building could also use a little updating.

We liked the bed and the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Front desk reception was excellent.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Potholes in parking lot..Bed was not that comfortable.. Furniture needs updating.

Good staff..clean..Breakfast was good..Shower was great..Nice and hot

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When I woke up the next morning I saw a big bug crawling on the wall,so I killed it and showed the front desk and by surprise Mr.Travis told me they get them all the time.Wow is what I said.Did not sleep after that.😡😡😡👎👎

The room was nice. The staff was great also.

They told us we could get a discount when we booked the rooms and they said we couldn't when we arrived. Also, we booked 5 rooms with 2 queen beds each. The lady at the front counter told us that we booked 5 rooms with 1 queen bed. I looked at the confirmation email and we had booked it correctly with 2 beds. She charged us extra because we had to "upgrade" to 2 beds.

I like how clean the room was when I walked in

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The bathroom was awful. We couldn't get the shower to work & needed the desk clerk to come & help us. Fix the faucet!!! I had to use 2 hands & pull really hard to turn on the water!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The appearance of the facility was nothing like was I actually saw. Upon going in to my room, I realized the door was no closed due to the frame of the door being damaged, causing me to have to slam the door to close it. My sons and I were killing bugs (no idea what type) all weekend. Room was either too hot or too cold... no happy medium. The worst hotel stay ever!!!!

The location to Ann Arbor was fair for the trip.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

We signed a nonsmoking form yet, multiple employees hovered at the back with the door propped open and made the lobby/breakfast area reek of smoke. General outdated feel to property.

Staff checking in and daily housekeeping very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The only negative (and it was sort of a good-bad thing) is that it was RIGHT on the freeway. We could hear traffic all night. On the other hand, it was a very easy on-off access enroute to our destination.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Wouldn't give me my AARP discount, coffee pot did not work, musty smelling room, toilet leaked and bathroom tile was moldy! Also we were told 'no yogurt on weekend's... really??

Fridge & microwave

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Everything at breakfast was way too sweet. All the untensils were single-use disposable plastic. The coffee was poor. There was nothing cooked available. The location was such that the only place within walking distance was a Chinese restaurant. There were no 'walks' local to the hotel at all.

The bed was comfortable, the wifi was generally good and fresh fruit was always available.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

No HD.....my word Motel6 has HD.. 2 large dogs who were left unattend in the room down the hall barked the 2 hours while the irresponcible owner was gone...Front desk girl who was the afternoon shift was rude/worthless when these issues were brought to her attention.. Not only would I never stay at this Baymont in Jackson MI again..but I will avoid the Wyndham brand totally.. Trying to contact a Wyndham Customer Rep to report these issues has been a run around....pass the "Problem Buck" is the norm at this company...

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The hotel was very hard to get to off of I 94. We made a lot a missed turns but finally did there. The signage wasn't good at all ...couldn't see the hotel sign from the interstate....we made several missed turns. if one did not have a GPS, it may be really hard to find in the evening let alone in the day hours. Also the GPS did not show it being in Jackson, but in another named place that I cannot remember at this point.

Very quiet and the beds were excellent!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Tub did not drain very well and frig did not get cold even when turned all the way up - had to throw food away. Very expensive.

Staff is very helpful and friendly. Always had ice in machine. Clean rooms.

Breakfast was very poor. The room was just OK but over priced.

Bed was comfortable.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

They were in the process of remodeling and things we’re a little bit in disarray

I’d liked the size of the room and the hot tub

some worn items like faucet that showed corrosion

comfy bed, super-friendly staff!

The bed and pillows were amazing. It was quiet in the room.

The breakfast was enjoyable, hot and convenient.

There isn’t a pool, no hot tub, no game room and the highway noise is ridiculous!

No bugs

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Tv didn’t work, someone trying to come into the room that had a key to our room. If Staff did not notify it before trying to enter.

Three of my children and family stayed at this hotel. They were all very happy with the comfort, location and the service.

Softer mattress

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Housekeeping knocking on the door at 10am and then again at 11:20 when check out is at 12:00.

Jacuzzi tub and closet space

Bathtub desperately needed a good scrub

Front desk staff was super friendly!

Higher toilets for older people

The bathroom was really small

It looked like they were remodolung.but the room was clean and comfortable

Room smelled like smoke. Carpet had stains and was filfthy inside the room and in the hallways. Bath tub backed up and did not drain.

Bed was fine

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Quality/age of the facility is not worth the money. Not competitive with other hotel brands in the area. Would not return.

Could not turn on the water for a shower in the morning. Not very happy about that.

The receptionist was very nice.

No pool or spa

Comfortable bed

Place needs to be updated,arms on chair in room were dirty,

King size bed was great

Bed

Soft bed

It was dirty! The carpet had a musty smell and the corners of the lobby were all dirty. My wife wept!

Need a bigger and better selection of breakfast items.

Room was fine.

Good

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

There was mold around shower. No pool which I thought they had. No wash clothes or hand towels in room. Overpriced for what we had.

Room microwave not working

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Parking lot is from a war zone. Pricey for a budget motel.

Great staff

The loud party that was in the lobby till 1230am and later

Waffles!

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The whole hotel & staff .

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was ok. Price is high for what you get.

Not looking for anything special. Room had everything we needed. Clean & quiet.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The girl who checked us in was very friendly and informative of restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Friendly staff and the rooms were very clean

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The free breakfast was nice! It was very quiet at night also.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Very good offering of food for breakfast. Hotel is in a quiet area and the room was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The beds were comfy and clean.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

whole wheat bread, ww bagels, healthier breakfast options.

Location, breakfast, friendly front desk staff

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Need scrambled eggs

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

better tasting coffee

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

There was barley anything to eat. It was kinda dirty. Way too expensive for the quality of hotel.

There was lots of stores near bye .

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Shower was a disaster,

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Bed was hard and the towels were dirty.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

the decor is quite dated.

The place was very clean.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Elevators fat and pregnant carrying young child and stroller upstairs

It was pretty good and staff was nice food was cool

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Bathroom was a little on the small side but adequate for our needs

King size bed was very comfy. Room was good size.

The pillows were way too soft

Clean

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

wish they would of had scrambled eggs but they didn't couldn't complain to much

bed was very comfortable and very big room wasn't to bad

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Over priced. Toilet seat loose. Carpet needs cleaning. Chair needs cleaning. Towels were not soft. King size bed short.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location, tv, easy getting into the hotel, process of getting in and out of the hotel were all great .

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bath tub did not drain the water Flour of the waffles was ugly

The room and the bed okay Very nice people

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

Staff was a little grumpy. They can work On Being more friendly.

Functional & cozy room

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

6 day stay - housekeeping was nonexistent after day three... We survived though.

Nice, comfortable, good location.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

I thought the cost was a little high for the length of my stay.

The room and service was very nice. The continental breakfast was average but sufficient.

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.