Reviews of Hometown Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd./Southpoint 2 stars

#98 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

5.9

5.9

• Queen Room

Housekeeping talking loudly to each other in the halls. Work being done in the room next to me one day, like dilling and stuff being moved around. The breakfast was only bagels, muffins, oatmeal, coffee and juice.

The price and the staff was fairly friendly.

Couldn't get a good night's due to the noise in another room, when you enter property, smelly lobby and hall. Small t.v. in room couldn't take shower dirty old bathtub in room. Bed covers old and worned out. There's no hot breakfast as advertised instead broken coffee & tea water dispenser, couldn't get a cup of hot coffee or tea. Coffee also ran out or the dispenser broken. Disfunctional only one- 2 slice toaster!for everyone to use. Limited Continental style breakfast only! No Hot Breakfast as advertised! Limited poor selection;snack size pakaged muffin/plain bagel, Large dead roach on floor near trash by the breakfast snack food area! Negative experience will not return! Don't recommend this property!

• Queen Room

Price and quality ratio was ridiculous and everything is about the cleanliness, because hotel is kind of renovated and the things that are disastrous can be fixed with management. -You step in the hotels lobby and the strong smell of smoke greets you; -smell in the room was mouldy, stuffy.. -I don’t think anyone cleaned the bathroom prior our arrival, it was full of shaving hair everywhere. Also I was shocked how they put pillows, I uploaded picture.. -lady who checked us out was extremely unfriendly. But I am not surprised- who can work in such an environment!?! - breakfast was a joke. Not even 1 item there I could call breakfast. And I don’t need much usually 2 bananas or an apple and I would be happy. So you can imagine a what junk they put there.. I would not bother writing here if we would have paid $30, however we paid $73 with taxes and so far it’s the worst hotel we stayed in while travelling in USA.

Free parking, good location.

• Queen Room

Tub/shower looked old and worn...rust on fixtures...chair in the room was cloth and it was nasty, had to put towels on it to sit on. And the place smelled bad walking into the room, never going back...ever!!

The rooms need to be updated. There’s a door on the side of the building where the keypad is taped up and the window is broken, therefore it seems quite unsafe.

Ms Tanya (front desk) was absolutely amazing. She ensured that we were as comfortable as can be. She went above and beyond to find a room that met my expectations, and she did it with a smile! She made the whole experience better.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Rooms stink of cigarette smoke as well as stairwells and hallways! Room was horribly dirty including previous tenants food and dirty socks! Had to have front desk re issue new room for fear that whoever was using the room would show up and it was nearly as bad!

when I first got into my room I immediately noticed the carpet hadn’t been vacuumed trash was all over the carpet,refrigerator had previouse items leftover inside, and room could use an update.

Loved the location, bed was nice and firm, room had microwave and refrigerator, housekeeping came in the next day with fresh towels.

• Queen Room

I think the place is mainly for extended stays or people from out of town working with a company. We didn't get any sleep bc there were people outside our window loud talking. The man next to us was drinking and cursing all night. We had to keep the a.c. running constantly all night just to tune the surrounding noice out. Not family oriented

The value was not bad and the outside of the building looked ok

Breakfast is terrible. No milk or fruit. Just bagel

20 dollars a day for pet fee. A DAY! Nothing on your website states the amnt just that there is a fee. Our ‘less expensive’ room ended up costing us an addition 100 NONREFUNDABLE

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything-very dirty, bullet shot through a window, very sticky bathroom floor & a horrible Oder in the bathroom. We were in fear staying there so we left after 1 night although I paid for 2 nights. I have had zero reply to my email to the hotel manager

The rep @ the desk was very friendly

• Queen Room

need better breakfast. No fruit, eggs,better variety of pastries. Toast,and cold cereal, instant oatmeal, not much flavor variety. very very cheap breakfast. Looks as if could been set up days ago, and just added to it.

• Queen Room

Room cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Bathroom was dirty with hair in tub and counter was not cleaned well. Two dresser draws were full of junk from clothes to vitamins, papers , etc. I have stayed at Hometown Suites before and was always satisfied, but this one was disappointing..

Bed was good, TV selection was good. Front desk staff were pleasant.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Broken tv, phone, sofabed. Dirty room. Rude and disrespectful staff. Waste of money. Smelled like cigarettes and pot even in non-smoking rooms. The most disgusting bathroom, you can't even talk a shower in there it's so bad. No public bathroom and ice and vending is only on the main floor. Lights didn't work right. Everything was dirty.

Pet friendly, good restaurants.

• Queen Room

Staff wasnt helpful and the hotel had so many drug addict living there.. 2 people knocked on my door two different times looking for drugs and my child was with there. Toilet stopped up and they gave my boyfriend a plunger to unstop it ourselves so not cool

Hotel description says Sound Proof Rooms- NOT EVEN CLOSE- the large family must have stayed above us and they liked to run... heard every conversation outside our door and down the hall.

Ladies at the front desk were very professional!!

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Bathroom was half clean, you could see hair in the shower and on the towels. Thankfully, I had my own. Bathroom was very outdated. Do not touch the floor without shoes

• Queen Room

It was dirty we were here for a week and a half never got a housekeeper come in to clean or room or even give us clean sheets i cleaned the room myself.hows that for room service?as soon as we came in (checked in) there was stains on the sheets we slept on top of the bedspread i know they said housekeeping was only once aweek but it was nasty when we got here and housekeeping was supose to come mon (our cleaning day ) she never came.

Very little

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was filthy and nasty.

At checkout. I started the horrible room that I was placed in and the front desk lady understood and refunded my money back.

• Queen Room

Type of people who stayed there, they were very loud. The walls are thin, could hear the entire conversation from the people next to me. The people above me sounded like a herd of animals- woke me up at 3:00 am!! Opened my door to leave & there was a used condom on the floor across from my room.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

People hanging outside the property with bags of clothes and other items at entry. Breakfast area has 2 tables. It smells of urine and body odor. Toilet needs several flushes and the tub drips.

The property is close to the interstate

• Queen Room

The room, the bathroom was not thoroughly clean, it was disgusting. When I got to our room I was checking everything from the bed to the tables, shower, toilet and the bathroom was just filthy I did not even want to take a shower, it got me so paranoid with it because I saw hairs on the tub, I had to go to a store to get some bleach and disinfectant wipes to wipe down everything. The bed smells like a dog, I mean I do understand that they allow pets to be there but atleast they could have clean thoroughly and not make it smell. The price is a little expensive for how it is, and oh the a/c unit is super dusty, i checked on it to adjust the temperature of the room and saw that it was really, really dusty.

The place was close to everything that I wanted to go in Jacksonville, the staff that was there they were nice.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Coffee machine in the room was very dirty and hadn't been cleaned in a while and no coffee(singles), in the room. There was no hot water when we took a shower. And it is posted that check out time is 11am, but maid service tried to enter the room at 9am without knocking first(had deadbolt locked). Also had a dog barking all night in the room next to our room.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was filthy. The tub had some sort of red/orange colored stains. When we attempted to make coffee in the morning, the seals on the coffee packs had been opened (both coffee packs) and there were no cups. Of course, after seeing packets opened, we didnt need the cups. Also there was no coffee available anywhere else in the hotel. When we asked the front desk for fresh coffee packets and cups, she was unable to provide them. Also the carpet had several rips and tears that were tripping hazzards. Additionally, the room smelled horrid. It was as though someone had waaay over sprayed air freshner that did not cover the odor of uncleanliness. The bed cover had burn holes in it and appeared dirty.

• Queen Room

Room slightly smaller than expected but very conveniently distributed.

Front desk people, and cleaning staff had the best attitude ever. Extremely friendly and respectable.

• Queen Room

Our room was near an exit door so heard all the open/shut during the night.

Staff was pleasant and attentive. Room as clean and ample. Breakfast was minimal but adequate (instant oatmeal, bagels and cream cheese, blueberry muffins). Well worth the price. Thank you!

• Queen Room

When I first arrived I was told I would have to pay an early arrival penalty for the last 4 days of my stay. I had increased my stay by reserving two more days before the first reservation. I was to be punished because of adding two more days to my total reservation. I therefore checked out after the first two days and then checked back in about 5 hours later for my last 4 days to avoid the penalty. Also the rooms were musty smelling and the plumbing fixtures were in need of replacement (very worn and cracked). The breakfast was very substandard. It was packages of oatmeal, bagels and buns.

The bed was comfortable and linens in good shape.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Property was dated, it could use a update. Room layout was very crowded. Furniture was old and uncomfortable. Coffee maker in room, but no coffee. Needed more seating in breakfast area.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was convenient. It was very quiet.

• Queen Room

Room very dated and smelled old. Bathroom could use some updating and a good dusting of the room would be nice.

Great front desk employee! Arrived really late and he was pleasant and accomdating due to room changes.

• Queen Room

The cleanliness of the room was horrible. The 1st room had hair on the bed and all over the tub. I requested to switch rooms. At first it felt the front desk attendant was not willing. She asked me was it my first time in my room? And that after 30 minutes they do not allow room changes. I explained that I checked in, went to get dinner so I could rest for the night. I drove 5 hours and it was 9pm. She allowed me to switch rooms. The 2nd room had popcorn kernels spread throughout the room on the carpet. The shower curtain smelled horrible. I decided to keep the room because it was only for 2 days. I actually purchased a shower curtain and changed it out for the duration of my stay.

The area was nice.

Shower head was a single stream of water, room didn't appear to have been vacuumed, TV remote iffy, terrible orange wall color in room which was small, fridge froze items.

Staff was friendly, room had a window that opened and heat/ac worked.

The building could of had a little more maintenances. Bed covering were old and one had a small tear in it.

The room was large and clean,bathroom was clean needed to be maintained a little. Beds were nice and comfy. Rooms were inside the building which made it feel safer.

Staff was loud, laundry room wide open with a party going on in there while we were trying to rest for our trip. There was an upcharge for 2 beds vs 1 bed due to an online mix up.

Close to JaxPort

• Queen Room

Hard to push luggage cart through 2 sets of non-automatic lobby doors at right angles to each other, no refrigerator, microwave or coffee maker in room, no spigot in bathtub, bathroom light would not come on.

Clean room with good parking.

• Queen Room

Didn't like the room service knock in the morning it could of waited after we weren't in the room not that early in the morning

Mrs. Tonya was a big help and very sweet prior to me walking in. Really good customer service

• Queen Room

Their wasn't a hot breakfast, no fridge or microwave. Had to keep going to lobby to warm food.

The bed was super comfortable, the night time staff and housekeeper was great

See above

Had a very hard time getting things in order due to my daddy paying my cost as this was a medical trip to Mayo.. Do not want to use booking.com again. Also was surprised by an 11.30$ fee for two beds.. Facility was awesome .. The booking was hard.. We paid when we booked but that wasn't good enough..going back to hotwire pay once done

• Queen Room

Rooms smelled old and musty, stairwell smelled of cigarettes.

Check in was no problem, cameras were posted in the parking lot and situated near the highway with a variety of dining options.

• Queen Room

Very small rooms. Not much breakfast choice. No half and half for coffee or milk available. No fruit ! Staff failed to restock all towels as needed. Didn't leave bath mat to step on when leaving shower. Didn't empty water container or restock cups. No coffee pot in room. Tea bags weren't available for making tea later in the day.

Desk staff was friendly!

• Queen Room

The only thing that stuck out was the bathroom. It was clean, but the tub had tough stains on the floor part. It wasn't disgusting or to the point where I was scared to shower lol, but it wasn't perfectly white as if the tub was brand new. The toilet also had brownish looking stains inside near the hole as if the paint or whatever was scraped way, but it wasn't horrible.

The room I was in was small and cute. It reminded me of a room on a cruise ship how it was set-up. The location of the property is nice. It is surrounded by plenty of restaurants and other hotels. It's near the highway as well so that's good. Overall, my stay went well. For what I paid, it was worth it.

• Queen Room

when it said breakfast you would think that it would be more then muffins and bagels. breakfast to me is eggs, bacon, sausage, and stuff like that. I don't eat stuff like muffins and bagels.

Dirty entry doors ,very poor breakfast, no fresh Milk(,we had to buy our own)Chech in very slow even with 2 staff,very noisy on a night and workmen in the next room so unable to rest after a 7:hour drive. No pool for swimming. Not returning.no way.

Not much

This is family owned.... the entire family lived in property and as we used elevator the overwhelming smell of marijuana filled the cabin every single time we went to our room. Child had broken leg and was forced to use elevator and was extremely disgusted how my children were forced to smell and inhale illegal substances. Room we booked, 2 queens was given away, we were given queen and pull out couch, the frame on that bed was broke, no other rooms available. We were forced to lay mattress on floor and sleep on ground- absolutely unacceptable and disgusting way to run a business.

nothing Except the geese at nearby pond we could feed .

The room smelled of smoke, mildew, and mold. Water was leaking from the bathroom pipes and hair was all over the floor.

The parking and the attendant was nice

The lady at the front desk wasn't very pleasant and I was told they needed to hold $20 until check that I wasn't aware of. This place can use a few updates. Otherwise it was an ok stay.

I liked the area which was close access to interstate for my traveling for business while there.

It was very dirty. I even changed rooms. The new room wasnt much better. Bathroom had peeling wallpaper, dirt in the corners, broken shower curtain rod. i didn't even shower there. so gross

• Queen Room

The room walls are rather thin. I didn't miss one audio session from the lovers next door. Very distracting and worked against my jet lag. Shower water could've been just a little warmer.

The staff was very helpful and courteous, and housekeeping was consistent and did a great job providing all that I asked.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

surly staff; placed in furthest room from elevator; staff more interested in completing personal email to daughter than doing job; stuffy smell in room; burn hole in blanket

There were no eggs

• Queen Room

The South side of Jacksonville is a mess with a 20 year construction project underway. The hotel is dilapidated. Avoid as you would the Mexican cartel.

• Queen Room

The stairs were dirty and smelt bad. You could smell the smoking part very strong on the first floor too.

The price through booking was great, and for that price i expexted worse. Overall was quite nice. Any issues and House keeping handled it all great!

Loud music late at night. Bathroom not as clean as it should be. Smell of marijuana when we entered the hotel.

The convenience of finding a place to stay at last minute

The fact that the did locksv stop working and I was not satisfied with their solution.

The time are clean and roomy and most of the time the staff are nice and friendly.

We had a non-smoking room as were all the rooms in our hallway, however the smell of smoke in the hallway was overwhelming. Beds and room set up were pretty nice, although outdated. The bathroom was in definite need of remodel, the sink was cracked and while clean had a very dirty look to it.

It was supposed to be a smoke free facility and as soon as you walked in there it reaped of cigarettes. So did the elevator, stairwell and hallway to get ice. The carpets and walls could use a good scrubbing. Nothing like pictures. The breakfast consisted of coffee,juice and muffins. Not like the picture either.

The clerk was friendly

• Queen Room

After booking online, at check in, they only charged us for 1 night and it wasn't caught until we came back to stay our second night and found out they gave our room away. Our cards didn't work so he reactivated them and let us in someone else's room.

• Queen Room

Super dirty. Smelled like weed in the room. Cigarette burns in bathroom. Carpet was stained with something that left an oily residue and had to wear shoes when in the room. Water pressure was awful.

50 bucks got me what I paid for I guess.

Smelled like drugs and cigarettes. Outside doors didn't lock. Bathrooms and floors were really dirty. Breakfast had almost nothing to eat. Homeless and drunk people walk around the parking lot at night.

The only thing good was the bed

• Queen Room

Although the hotel was in a convenient location, I was displeased with the hotel. When first walking in, I was hit with a nicotine smell. After checking in the room, it smelled as if there had been a water leak and the carpet hadn't been changed, so I decided to open the windows to alleviate the smell. The next thing I noticed was, there was no ironing board or iron in the room. Thank goodness I had a friend that lives in Jacksonville and was able to use her iron. When wanting to take a shower, I felt very uncomfortable. You could tell there was little to none cleaning maintenance on this room. For example, the wall paper had been rotted out, the knobs in the tub and sink were gritty and had excessive wear on them. The first day I had house keeping they forgot to leave rags and towels. When calling the front desk to ask for some they said they would bring some right away to the room. I waited for two hours for towels and rags and towels. After calling again, I was asked to come get the rags and towels myself. I was highly disappointed in this hotel. Wouldn't stay here again.

The hotel was located in a convenient location.

The only thing I liked was the low price. However, I would (and will in the future) pay more for a place that was in better shape

hotel was dirty,smelly and rundown. Carpets in hall were stained and worn. When entering an locker room smell overpowered your noise.

• Queen Room

Online it gives you the option of smoking or non-smoking but when you get to the property it doesn't give you that option then they charge more money than what's posted online is definitely not worth the money

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Rude staff, charged my card twice for one night stay (still no refund a week later), passed out guest in lobby that the staff just let stay there- high and passed out.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Queen Room

The Continental breakfast was terrible Had to go three times to the front desk to get the right room one with a microwave and refrigerator No security lock on the side door anybody could've walked in there was no handle on the door no coffee pot in the room it just wasn't a very good experience I will never stay at that hotel again

Not much

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Cleanliness, mold removed, room properly cared for and customer service.

Hotel is dirty throughout, mold in bathrooms, manager was adamant my service dog was not a service dog, he was rude, trying to pick a fight with my friend, even with check-out would not allow her to remain in room until I am done working. It is a terrible place and should not be on this site, Had to have them spray for cockroaches, clean fan and bring towels consistently and clean under microwave.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Queen Room

Hotel room was filthy, stains on sheets, hairs all over bathroom sink, tub, floor, carpet was dirty with hair and trash, furniture was broken and dirty, and room smelled like smoke and B.O.

Nothing. Location in relation to Mayo Clinic wasn't bad.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Queen Room

I could have remembered to turn on the light inside the door so all the other lights would work! Duh

Associates were all courteous and professional. Room was perfect, bed was comfy, nothing wrong. (Left too early each morning to say anything about breakfast nook). Access to food was exceptional. Nothing wrong with this place, I WILL go back if I have another stay in JAX.

The room was very small, and the bathroom was tiny, and rather gross. The shower curtain smelled of mildew.

The staff was very very friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Attendant didn't put how many days in the system and my guest locked out calling me and texting my dog was locked in the room and it was hard for my guest to get him out bad stay fire alarm hanging from ceiling wires showing to much money for stay and the halls smelled bad

Nice big room

• Queen Room

I was satisfied with everything.

The staff was awesome...very helpful & friendly! The room was clean and comfortable and the area was quiet & relaxing.

There were no pillows on the beds. Had to call front desk and they only had 3 left. Usually at other hotels you get 4 to 6

Value for money. Staff friendly!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room

The hotel smells as soon as you walk in the door. The rooms had cigarette burns on the cabinets and the cabinets was peeling on corners and edges. My room was supposed to be a non smoking room.

The staff was nice.

very nosiy, could not sleep because of all the racket going on above us. we called the front dest to complain, they said they would take care of it, and five min. later it was the same thing. This went on till after 11:00 pm

• Queen Room

The first room had a smoke like smell, the second room bathroom tub and sink was old and rusted. And the bed had hairs in it. Glad it was only a few hours sleep, we brung our on sheets, and we showered at a friend's house.

Honestly nothing about the hotel but it's location

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room

Upon check in the receptionist took at $20.00 security deposit. I checked in with my daughter and my little puppy. All staff was rude and made almost unheard of comments such as: "You actin' like a bit#&). We spent the night, got up the next morning and there was no breakfast, no mini frig, no microwave in room. Kept my $20. security deposit because I checked into the hotel with a pet.

There was not a thing that I enjoyed or was pleasant about this hotel. The entire experience from start to finish was horrible. The worst manager and staff that I have ever encountered.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Shower was very very bad. No hardly hot water. No water pressure. I reported it but it seems it was not fix. Dirty bathroom everything looks very worn out. Can't even use the tub coz there is no shower faucet. Breakfast was lame. Hallway carpet was dirty and smells. Backdoor entrance is not even secured. One of the worst hotel I stayed. Don't stay here. Honestly I should get a refund at least for one night for not having hot water for 3 nights I stayed there. Arghggg

Just location.

• Queen Room

The noise all night long. (Room above us.) The bathroom was not very clean. Not enough towels for 2 people.

Was able to change the room from Queen to Double. Bed was comfortable.

There was a lot of cob webs under the window seat and the window was unlocked when we got there. It was a good thing we noticed because we was on the 1st floor and someone could have opened it and came in. There was no screen even. At about 3 am there was fight in the hallway. 2 women hitting walls and doors..screaming and yelling.

The beds were comfy.

Browse Hometown Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd./Southpoint traveller photo gallery