Reviews of Jacksonville Plaza Hotel and Suites 2 stars

14585 Duval Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218, USA

#71 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

The room was just what we needed at that moment
    • Coastal Queen Room

The seems to be a smell permeating the entire hotel, only to be made worst once we turned on the air conditioning.

The room was just what we needed at that moment

Front desk printing out an emergency piece of paper we needed
    • Coastal Queen Room

Check-in was beyond awful. We were obviously escaping hurricane Florence and they wanted a $28 early check-in fee because we arrived about an hour and a half before normal check in time totally unacceptable the room was clean but extremely small for the price we paid. Breakfast very minimal

Front desk printing out an emergency piece of paper we needed

Overpriced
    • Coastal Queen Room

For the amount I paid I was very dissatisfied. The room was dirty, the fan in the bathroom was loud. The carpet and walls needed cleaning. It was chip crumbs from the last guest on the area by the air conditioner. Went up to the desk to try and change rooms one one was there.

The location was good. However couldn't find with GPS.

We've stayed there in the past and were happy with it.
    • Coastal Queen Room

We've stayed there in the past and were happy with it. This time, we arrived 2 hours early and were told there would be a $25.00 early check in fee although the room was ready. That's off-putting to say the least. We'll stay elsewhere in the future.

Not staying here again...absolutely not worth the money!
    • Seaport Double Room

Breakfast was a joke!!! Cold cereal, cold muffins, cold yogurt...yuck! By the time my family got down there at 8am hardy anything was left😡 Super noisey children running all over the room next door and the hall way on the 2nd floor while we were trying to sleep!!! Where’s the parents?? Where’s the manager?

The room was clean and beds were queen size!! Very nice! Microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker too was handy.

Never again!
    • Coastal Queen Room

We left for a flight before the breakfast was available. No coffee available other than the coffee maker in the room. Previously we stayed there and parked our car there FREE while on a trip. Now there is a $5 fee per day, which was a surprise! And, we arrived an hour earlier than check in time and were charged an extra $25 for early check in. We will not use this hotel again, despite the room being o.k.!

average, just stayed the one night
    • Seaport Double Room

I didn't have the same credit card on me that I use with Booking. The man told me that I needed the same card. He eventually figured it out. I thought it was odd as I use the app often and have never heard that from anyone else. We were told at check in that breakfast was continental. Booking just says breakfast included. If I knew ahead of time I would have booked somewhere else. I had three children with me. Breakfast is important.

Clean, right off the highway

Very pleased guest.

Wasn't my 1st choice.

Very clean, renovated room, plenty big enough for me and my 3 year old and 3 month old. Friendly staff. Will stay here if we ever return to Florida.

I loved how close it was to shops and restaurants!
    • Seaport Double Room

Strange smell in the bathroom on our first day. Other than that it was fine.

I loved how close it was to shops and restaurants! It was also only 15 minutes away from the music festival we were attending

Not bad, but nothing to write home about.
    • Coastal Queen Room

I'd been up since 4 and at the airport since 5. My flight was canceled and the airline wouldn't pay for a hotel. As I'm not from Jacksonville, I just found the least expensive option. Check-in is at 3. I booked at around noon-ish. I'd asked for an early check-in (I've done this before with Hyatt's and Courtyards and ALofts...) and was told that I could def check in early -- for $28. I did explain my situation, but it didn't seem to bear any weight. So I slept in the "lobby" of the hotel until I could check-in. The location doesn't have much to eat around. You'll def need to Uber or order, but careful of from where. There were three restaurants from which to order. After waiting an hour for the one I chose, I called. "Oh. We don't have drivers." This isn't the hotel's fault AT ALL, but as there are limited food options around the hotel -- there IS a Waffle House -- be sure to invest your time in one that'll actually deliver.

There is a shuttle that comes directly to/from the airport to the property if you don't want to wait for an Uber. For a last-minute booking, the rate was fairly reasonable. I didn't indulge but there is a complementary breakfast and there is 24-hour coffee (which I don't drink.) A fridge and a microwave was in my room. Generally, quiet. The staff was warm.

Unlikely to go back. Should have taken photos!
    • Coastal Queen Room

The young man who welcomed was v pleasant and helpful but the young lady in the mornings was so unwelcoming and hardly acknowledged you. The breakfast was basic to say the least. The room was clean but basic again. Holes in the curtains and ac very noisy. Poor hanging space and no drawer space.

The location was the only plus side

Have contacted Health Department and DBPR
    • Seaport Double Room

Staff not returning my calls and then denying any problem. That would be Abraham and Darshana.

I now am covered in bed bug bites, Had to go to the emergency room for treatment and can not work for two days. Not very happy.

The staff were not friendly or courteous.
    • Seaport Double Room

The staff were not friendly or courteous. We have stayed there many times due to the location to airport and there was never a charge for leaving our car there until we returned. Not so this time. The website says free parking, but not so. The staff as unsure when the policy changed and offered no apology for the misunderstanding. We will not stay there any more.

Needs a little work
    • Coastal Queen Room

Room very small. Decor. Very dull. Stains on wall. Towels dark spots. Over priced for what I received. Breakfast was limited. Outside walls need pressure washed. No ice machine first floor.

Location. Right off interstate. Outside landscape was good. Bed was comfortable.

Probably not going to choose this hotel again
    • Coastal Queen Room

Rooms were not clean - spiders in one one the rooms (bed) - breakfast was not as expected but did give us a little something to eat - all our coffee cups leaked

Shuttle from airport was as expected - had a late flight and were able to walk to nearby restaurants

I will not stay at this facility again.
    • Seaport Double Room

The facility was in need of updating. We had to kill two roaches in our room as soon as we arrived. The shower curtain did not fit properly so privacy was non-existent and water puddles all over floor.

Location to highway and shopping/restaurants was perfect.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The rooms are extremely small. The free breakfast was lacking in products and variety. The walls are fairly thin. You can hear other guests in neighboring rooms and hallways. The "fitness center" has a few cardio machines that are not of the highest quality.

Location to highway and shopping/restaurants was perfect. The maid staff were very friendly and accommodating to our room needs. Plenty of parking was available even at full capacity. Lobby staff were courteous. If you just need to crash for the night without spending a fortune this should meet your needs.

Inexpensive hotel. You get what you pay for! Customer service is the best attribute of this hotel.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Rooms extremely small. Bed old and uncomfortable. Shower sprayed water everywhere so entire bathroom was wet after shower. I didn’t like having to wipe down the entire bathroom after showering.

Location. Easy to find from Interstate. Front desk workers very friendly.

We chose this hotel to save a few dollars, it wasn't worth it!
    • Coastal Queen Room

Our room was supposed to have a queen size bed, but it was only a double. The room was extremely small. The outside of the building is in desperate need of cleaning.

Horrors of Jacksonville Plaza Hotel Suites
    • Coastal Queen Room

Misrepresentation of everything, COST, room amenities, location and false advertisements. Makes MOTEL 6 look like a palace. Room COST was totally inflated for the type of room and condition, as compared to a very BRAND SPANKING NEW Holiday Inn Express Hotel, a few miles south of your hotel's location with a King Suite room, with full breakfast, compared to your queen musty room, no breakfast, for the same cost. Go Figure!

Bedroom is great. Bathroom need an upgrade. Staff is always a joy.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The tub would work for a bath. The hair dryer quit on me, and the ironing board is squashed into the bathroom.

I love the window seat and corner desk. Really comfy beds.

Do not book this hotel

The whole stay

First there was only 1 ice machine for the whole hotel which was broken,sink stopped up and hearing the person next door talking I can tell you the whole conversation.

Would choose a different hotel instead next time.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Toilet broke and wouldn’t stop running, no maintenance on site at night. Had to fix it myself rather than listen to it all night. No food on site or nearby. Delivery services end around 9 pm.

Comfy, clean bed.

Location was close to the airport and the room was clean
    • Coastal Queen Room

Bed was very uncomfortable and the room was very small . The bed had a dip in the middle and was so uncomfortable

Location was close to the airport and the room was clean

It was an OK hotel for the price.

Larger rooms would have been a plus. Also, additional seating furniture would help.

Reasonably priced hotel for a short stay. All rooms were inside the building.

Always great
    • Coastal Queen Room

Sometimes it's a tad bit noisy.. but hint choose top floor

I've been there at least 5 times and I love it. The beds are so soft and comfy and it's always clean.

Was ok
    • Coastal Queen Room

The people from the other rooms was making to much noise. I can't get to rest how I supouse to be. I did choise the hotel because was near to the airport and has breakfast, but the breakfast was only a cookie with coffe and banana, I dont know what they call continental breakfast, wasn't what i spected.

The room was very nice, nice room service, clean, and cosi.

This was my best hotel experience in Jacksonville in my life.
    • Seaport Double Room

I thought They would charge my card 1 time. They charged half my rate 4 says before I arrived and the balance the day I arrived.

I liked everything about this property ... I will definitely stay here again.

Would stay here again
    • Coastal Queen Room

Remodeling that we didn’t know about, other than that excellent stay

Stay was great booked a hotel thru this website and was horrible booked again and this time was great. Great stay, quite, friendly staff, would stay agaon

Worst $180.00 spent for a hotel room for one night stay!!!
    • Seaport Double Room

It's under renovation, the place was freshly painted and fumes were very strong, I ended with a bad allergy reaction, the a.c. would turn on for a minute and was hot and sweaty all night. The continental breakfast, a joke!! there were only bagels, bananas, cereal and watery coffee. I do not recommend this hotel, the staff was not professional nor friendly.

Location was convenient.

Stinky, dingy, and over priced. Wouldn't stay here again.
    • Seaport Double Room

Room was very humid. Smelled like stinky wet dog mixed with a bit of mold and mildew. Carpet was worn, toilet seat was close to falling off, mirrors and doors were very worn. Breakfast was disappointing. Unripe bananas and store bought muffins. Would've had orange juice, but there was none in the dispenser. Thought we were getting a good deal when we booked the room, but considering the poor quality it turns out we overpaid. Stayed in a much better room in a holiday inn last night at a cheaper rate.

Excellent value for your dollar.
    • Coastal Queen Room

My only complaint would be the lack of towels and washcloths issued but with a trip to the front desk they replenished the supply.

The stay we had was great, a friendly staff, clean rooms and grounds, no highway noise. just a very nice stay for the price.

Would recommend if someone iooking for just overnight sleeping. Wouldn’t recommend it for a getaway
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room and television were small and no movie selection only basic cable was available. Couldn’t access WiFi no code was given and I couldn’t use it This was the smallest hotel room I’ve seen. I thought it would have 2 beds

The continental breakfast was fdecent. The coffee was rather weak

JPH is a great place if you are just looking for an overnight stay.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The bath towels were not accommodating for two people and the rooms were very small.

I was pleased with the overall service from the front desk. Everything was handled professionally upon my arrival.

Enjoyed it and would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in JAX.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The breakfast offered only one kind of fresh fruit. The food wasn't replinshed, it was first come, first serve...or you don't eat.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I liked the convenient shampoo and bodywash dispensers in the shower.

Good for one night by airport.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Very minimal breakfast. No protein. At least they should have hard boiled eggs. The coffee pot in the room was covered in dust. Looked like it hadn’t been used in months.

Airport shuttle was pretty prompt. Close to airport.

Very nice, clean hotel for the price.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Most uncomfortable, lumpy, Euro-sized pillows I have ever encountered in all of my years of travel.

Room and bathroom were very clean and well stocked. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle to the airport was reliable.

The hotel is great but the shuttle service has gone downhill.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Shuttling to and from the airport was a disaster. The departing shuttle was so late the clerk called a cab for us. When we returned the first shuttle went right by us. It took 30 minutes for a shuttle to pick us up. We were about to get a cab since we still had to drive to Tallahassee. We’ve been parking and flying with you for years but I’m not sure I will next time.

Location is good, not far from a large shopping center.
    • Seaport Double Room

No pool. I didn’t realize upon booking but that wasn’t a huge deal.

Location is good, not far from a large shopping center. Cleanly rooms and facility, I would stay again!

This is not a stop for someone unless they want to party all night.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Noise level between rooms too high. People partying outside until late at night, no security to control this problem. Every time neighbors would open or close their doors it was too loud and it even sounded like they were entering my room. Did not stay for breakfast. Did not want to push my luck, which was bad already.

Blahhhhhh :(
    • Seaport Double Room

There was no dresser to put your clothes in, you had to live out of your suitcase. The bed was not comfortable at all.

The only thing I liked was that the location was close to my mother's home.

Good short stay in a good location, which turned out to be great value for money.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The breakfast. I expected a real breakfast and planned my morning according to that. But it was terrible and in fact uneatable and it was too late to make another arrangement.

A really good place for a short stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. The service was swift and responsive. Great value for money. The wireless connection was both fast and reliable.

Misrepresenting your hotel by pictures on web site
    • Coastal Queen Room

Property not maintain, facility has several issues doors, walls, shower, smoke detector loose from ceiling very much in need of repairs over priced

Okay except for the noticed dirty places. Liked that it was near the airport.
    • Seaport Double Room

THey need to work with their cleaning crew. There was dirt in the corners, along the floor boards and all around the toliet holders. It was nice enough but the cleaning needs to be worked on in 203 for sure.

There were no eggs. just rolls and coffee, juice and cereal if desired.

At least the second stay the room was cleaner and safer and staff nicer.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Did not like the fact that the rate went up over $20. from a week prior stay, that stay had a broken vanity and was poorly cleaned. Both stays, different rooms, AC units needed to be sanitized.

Not much.

I would stay there again or recommend it.
    • Coastal Queen Room

I didn't realize it was near the airport or I would have realized I wasn't getting much for the money. Room was not clean to my standards. I tried to clean the desk top and the paint came off. There were ants. I didn't sleep well.

If room did not smell awful and breakfast would be just a little bit better, price would be ok.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room smelled terrible but we arrived very late and although it was disturbing, we were too tired to argue about it. Breakfast was poor, no eggs, fruit (few bananas) only for early birds.

Worst hotel experience.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Room was small and smelled like urine. You can hear your neighbors and bed was horrible. I desire never to stay here again nor do I recommend this location.

Friendly front desk associates.

Great location that's about it
    • Coastal Queen Room

It was not clean my room had a mildew smell to it and the ottoman they had in there was filthy and it smelled , I had one clean towel and the other was dirty hanging up in the bathroom the dirty one looks like it had dried up blood on it! Totally disgust me out.

Close to a lot of things

Horrible.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The hotel wasn't as clean. The towels had makeup stains . I was highly disappointed in my stay. No one was at the front desk when I went to switch rooms.

Everything was wonderful.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The desk agent could have been a little more friendly, but she was training another employee so maybe she was preoccupied with that. Even so, she did her job effectively.

Everything was wonderful. Very comfortable room, extremely quiet and very clean.

The staff was friendly.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The bath towels were dingy. The non-smoking room and hallway had a fowl smell. The breakfast could have been way better. The bed was a little hard.

The staff was friendly. It was close to the cruise terminal.

Enjoyed everything. Would stay there again.
    • Seaport Double Room

Bed slept very nicely, pillows fluffy, ac worked well, shower was easy to operate. Staff very nice. Allowed us to leave our car there while riding with family to the cruise port.

• Coastal Queen Room

The first room we had, had roaches and the towels were dirty. We were moved immediately after I spoke with the fromt desk. The next room smelled old, like old cigarettes. It was fairley clean. The area around the a.c. looked like it had not been vacuumed in months. The next night we were locked out of the room because the "system" had inadvertently checked us out. We ended up checking out a day early and received a refund for the last day.

The location to the airport was great

I would not stay at this hotel again
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room was slightly dirty, and it looked tired. The breakfast was poor, and there was limited space for guests to eat it.

There was nothing particularly to like it was an hotel with a bed

Not so great, but okay in a pinch.
    • Seaport Double Room

The room was not clean. It smelled funny and a part of the door fell off. It was so late we just went to bed and we checked out early. No one asked about our stay. No one told us they would make 4 stops on the way to the airport. Crazy!! The coffee was dreadful and while there was food out they refused to allow us to touch it till the TIME! Well we left before the TIME!

Location to mall and airport great.

Don't let the other reviews fool you.
    • Coastal Queen Room

I don't agree with the 4.8 rating above.I feel a 2 or 3 is more correct. There was a huge cobweb hanging from the ceiling in our room. The bed was too soft. Additionally, there was visable water damage on the bottom of the room door. The bathroom floor was uneven due to apparent water issues, evident from the stale water oder in the bathroom. The bathroom of room 333 needs to gutted down to the studs and rebuilt.

The hotel was convenient to the interstate. The staff asked if we had a floor preference.

Nice place and good value
    • Coastal Queen Room

Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. Quiet, we'll kept property. Will definitely stay here when I am back in Jacksonville. Recommend this hotel to everyone!

You get less than what you pay for.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room had a musty urine smell. The shower pressure was horrible. The commode wouldn't flush and water was standing in the shower.There was an inch of dust and dirt beside the mini fridge

close to the shipping terminal (we where headed on a cruise)
    • Seaport Double Room

They should have offered free shuttle to shipping terminal and free parking during our cruise

close to the shipping terminal (we where headed on a cruise)

Worked out for our purpose of being near the airport.
    • Seaport Double Room

I'm not sure how old the property is. Could be cleaner.

Close to airport and could keep our car in the hotel parking lot. They provide a shuttle to the airport and back.

Decent hotel with no pool
    • Coastal Queen Room

Not enough items for breakfast; coffee was very weak, no meat or protein to choose from; no pool

The staff was very pleasant, informative and delightful

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

It was ok for 2 nights
    • Coastal Queen Room

Shuttle was almost an hour late, no disinfecting sign paper on toilet, ended with feet all dirty for no wearing shoes in room.

Breakfast and wifi, but breakfast was only until 9am, missed it once

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

It was ok.
    • Seaport Double Room

We stayed on the 1st floor and were able to hear SO MUCH noise coming from the people that stayed above us. Not insulated enough? Luckily, we were so tired, that it didn't affect our sleeping. We were told about a shuttle (It was explained to us that they were not affiliated with the hotel.) that would be round trip to Jaxport, for a little over $ 22 a person. The desk clerk then explained we would have to pay $ 5 a day, per car, to leave our vehicles in their front lot (across from the office; vehicles could be seen from the front desk). When we declined, because combined, it would cost more than parking at Jaxport, all of a sudden the desk clerk could waive the $ 5 a day parking fee, per car. It seemed shady, especially since with the parking waiver, the hotel would not make any money, but the non-affiliated shuttle company, would still make money. We were more comfortable parking at Jaxport.

Great stay but the drafting from my card before arrival caused an issue
    • Coastal Queen Room

I really didn't like the fact that money was pulled from my card while reserving the room. We we're told the card is just for holding and I can pay in cash upon arrival. That was a lie! Therefore it inconvienced me a great deal. This was my second money issue at a Florida hotel due to misinformation. I luv this state and chose to bring my wife here for vacation. Lodging problems isn't something one looks forward to especially when you're hundreds of miles away from home! I hope to hear from someone very soon. I'm the nice one. My wife is the one you don't want involved! No matter what anyone says, she doesn't stop until she gets to the top!

Love the bed. Air condition and appliances were great!

JACKSONVILLE PLAZA HOTEL - LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room was extremely small. The microwave in the room malfunctioned (caugt fire). I reported the incident twice. I am not sure what was done. I asked for a credit and I was told it wasn't possible because I booked through a third party.

The location was convenient. The hotel is near restaurants, shopping, and downtown.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Adequate accommodation
    • Coastal Queen Room

Room floors are wooden. I was on the 1st floor and at 6am the people in room above me were making enough noise that they woke me up, even though I had a CPAP, white noise sleep machine and the room's a/c unit going.

Variety for bfast was sufficient.

Low expectations weren't even met!
    • Coastal Queen Room

Dirty room, disheveled condition. Smelled bad... Bed was adequate. Shower barely worked. We were looking for a nice stop, on our way... A real disappointment! This site says 4.6... I say... how?

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Very unhappy.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room was tiny, musty and we could hear conversations in the room next to us. Breakfast was prepackaged foods and there were only 2 small tables for the whole place. We paid the same price that we paid for a much nicer hotel the night before. I would never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Gross
    • Coastal Queen Room

Just overall gross. Hallways are a shade of yellow that will make you feel like you are in an asylum. You are asked to sign a strict no smoking policy when you check in but my room still smelled like stale cigarettes. I will never stay here again. The staff was nice and the shuttle to the airport was convenient.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Awful staff, unclean bathroom!
    • Coastal Queen Room

Front desk stayed on a personal call on her personal cell phone while checking me in. She then made a room key for 118. When I went to 118 there was a large man already in the room who became upset with me. We both walked back to the front desk and she wouldn't admit she was wrong in front of the man from 118 (who's key no longer worked) she just gave him my key card. After he walked away she admitted to me it was her mistake. My room was 218. The shower head didn't work and there was hair all over the bathroom.

Morning breakfast was nice

The place is in a great location and staff are so friendly.
    • Coastal Queen Room

The room had broken a chair in it and we had a connecting room which I could hear everything next door.

The place is in a great location and staff are so friendly. The bathroom and room were clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Staff was good, pleasant.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Room was ok except for the bed. Very uncomfortable. Light outside building made it hard to sleep.

Staff was good, pleasant. Bathroom was recently renovated.

Stay here only if your flight is cancelled.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Horribly dark room. Air conditioning system is noisy. No where to eat so I had to cross to other hotel to find something to eat in the evening. Breakfast not so great, better to eat at airport.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Good price, close to airport but nothing too special.
    • Coastal Queen Room

Small cramped room with loud a/c unit and thin walls- I could hear the tv next door. I had some issues with the shuttle service to the airport running late due to misinformation from front desk staff. Thankfully I didn't miss my flight.

Very close to the airport. Good price.