Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Indianapolis South 2 stars

4402 East Creek View Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46237, USA

#62 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

My experience here

My first room wasn't cleaned. My second room was hot. The front was notified of the previous issues and we were compensated. The third room was ok but was but was never vacuumed. We didn't report that, we just lived with it. We didn't care for the breakfast. The eggs tasted like it was boiled in water. I didn't eat there the rest if the week.

The front desk staff was awesome. The location was awesome. We were near a lot eating places and other stores.

Easy access from interstate;

I was only there overnight, so everything was perfect!

Easy access from interstate; Cracker Barrel within walking distance; quiet; clean; friendly staff.

The place was dirty. The sheets looked dirty and used, but turned out to be just worn thin in some places. Offered another room but it was was worse. Bugs in the window sills and found in the ragged curtains. Stains on he carpet. No hot water one morning of the 4, and like warm one other. Refrigerator not working and not so for a while because there was mold in it from being closed. Room not refreshed very well. Found hair (not mine) in the bathroom on the first night. Found hair in the bathtub (mine) on the second night. Had difficulty getting an answer from the front desk before the trip. After arrival I saw why. Staff spent more time outside smoking and socializing than at the desk. When they were present they were helpful. received a discounted stay for the issues, but wouldn’t have rather had a nicer place.

The price was cheap so you get what you lay for. Will not stay here again.

Hotel is older and needs updated. Sheets were stained. Shower had hair in it. Hot water didnt work on first morning. Ice machine always out of ice.

Location was decent for going to the Indy 500.

Not clean. Not staffed well. I would not stay here again.

Room carpet was very stained. Cloth chair was stained. We wore shoes the entire time we were in the room due to carpet. Bathtub drained very slowly. Dirty finger prints on the doors. Only 2 towels in the room, one was stained. Waffle iron inoperable at breakfast. Consumer complaining when we checked in. Staff member was saying "there's a bad smell in the hallway and I can't find it" when we were checking in. I went to talk to front desk person about issues and the desk was unmanned. Front desk staff member was out front smoking and talking to another staff member. (I have photos if requested.)

Location was convenient. Price was good for the area.

Was okay. Would stay there again if it is close to whatever else we need.

Bed was way too hard for me and bath tub mat had mildew or crud where the sticky back of the mat had pulled up around the edges of it. Would recommend but only by telling them about the hard bed-some people prefer them, and the mildew/sticky stuff.

Sign in was so easy. Our room was quiet! Easy to get around the city where we needed to go.

It was OK but not worth the price.

The draining of the sink and toilet (#112) are slow and the tub has a big hole that is covered with an adhesive mat that looks dirty. The breakfast was horrible and there was no sugar. Staff needs more help.

The room size was nice and enough for two people.

Location is good

Toilet hardly flushed. Had to wait two hours for hot water. Stayed a total of four nights and two of the nights kids ran up and down the hall yelling and knocking on people doors and called front desk several times.

Location is good

Hmmmm?!

Bad signage from the roadway. The light bulbs were not working, difficult to see from highway. Our bed had spiders in it. The room was covered in spiderwebs when we first walked in. The toilet was clogged which we had to get a plunger. Room was horribly loud with roadway noise. Breakfast left A LOT to be desired. Overall I was surprised that it was a Baymont.

The location was good. The price for a two day stay was good.

Property was excellent all the way around.

Property was excellent all the way around. Desk personnel were extra cooperative as they let us stay after check out time, because of an event we could not attend until three pm. We were from out of town, and had no where else to stay.

Everything was excellent

Checked out on Monday and was charged for Monday. Called the hotel and the guy answering phone didn’t seem to pleased but that was their mistake that they charged me for a night I was not there and over withdrew my bank account due to their mistake.

Everything was excellent

Good Stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I thought the breakfast would have more options, although the biscuits and gravy were good.

Property was okay. Nothing fancy but served it's purpose

Stay over night

The sheet had black stains on them, no ice bucket and they couldn't give me one because they had low inventory.

Location, comfy beds. Clean room minus the sheet

Noisy Interstate.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noisy Interstate. Heat in room kept flipping off and on to air conditioning. Confused why it would do this at 15 below zero outside. Didn’t use the pool.

I would recommend this Baymont Inn to others who are looking for a nice hotel for the money spent.

The bed was too hard for my preferences.

We liked that the room was nice and warm when we arrived (we've walked into some pretty chilly rooms before). With the severe cold weather it was very welcoming to walk into a warm room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave recommendations on places to eat that were right on.

Ripped off in Indiana
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

No desk clerk, no final receipt at 730am check out. Mysterious extra charges on my c/c with no explanation. Never answers phone. Has not responded to booking . com either. Considering involving the police at this point. Total fraud.

good

could have a LITTLE BETTER LIGHTING to help find the place. sign by the interstate has NO lite and no light on the front of motel.

breakfast was great, room clean

The check-in receptionist was very polite and accommodating...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The check-in receptionist was very polite and accommodating the check-out didn’t crack a smile and was clearly inconvenienced when I asked for a printed receipt. Would have gave this hotel a perfect 10 had that not happened.

Comfortable, quiet would stay again

breakfast was cereal and milk, biscuit and gravy, hard boiled eggs, breads, bagels, juice and coffee and not much else, could of been better

Bed was firm and comfortable, room was clean, Cracker Barrel right next door..

Thanksgiving week

Did not have maid or Maintenance service during Thanksgiving and biggest dislike was sheets were never changed for 5 days. I had a finger that was bleeding and didn't know it, which got blood on sheets. Left exposed for maid to see. All they did was make bed like nothing wrong.

It was convienent, location great. Staff very friendly, breakfast was good.

Comfortable, quiet and great breakfast selection.

The receptionist at the front desk was especially helpful. She understood my fear of dogs. As requested, my room was on the first floor. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. I did not hear any noise from the outside or the indoor hallway. I've have enjoyed my stays at Baymont Inn. I would recommend Baymont to friends and family.

the staff. was. very attentive and very professtional
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The carpets. Needed some attention. They need to be cleaned a little more. Often

The breakfast. Was good. But ran out of eggs at. 7 didnt make more. While o. Was their.

I will not stay there again and would not recommend this place.

I stayed with my three young grandchildren at the Baymont Indy South over Labor Day Weekend. I am from out of state and chose that hotel after looking online because there was a pool for the kids, and it was close to the Children’s Museum. When we checked in I asked where the pool was located, and the manager said that they were closing the pool because it was too cold. The daily temperatures during our stay were 76, 83 and 89 degrees. I explained that we had chosen that hotel because of the pool and there was nothing posted on the website to advise guests that the pool would not be open. This was a great disappointment for the children. If I had been made aware in advance, I would have chosen a different hotel. The manager said he would check the neighboring hotels to find one that would allow us to use their pool, and we never heard another word from him. It was late in the day when we checked in and there was very little toilet tissue left on the roll and no kleenex at all in the room. I called the desk to request supplies, and they told me I could pick some up at the desk rather than delivering them to our room. There were two bath towels in our room for four people. I asked for more towels and said we needed enough linens for all four of us for the weekend because we would not be asking for our room to be cleaned during our stay. I was given only two more towels. When checking out, I explained to the person at the front desk that I was not satisfied with our stay and asked for a discount since there was no pool. She said the manager was not there but was on his way, and he would have to approve the discount. I asked her to call him, and he would not answer his phone. I waited a long time in the lobby with my grandchildren, but he never showed up. She said she would explain everything to him when he got there. I gave her my phone number and asked that she have him call me, so that I could talk with him about the concerns I had.

Staff beating on my door more than once.
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Staff beating on my door more than once. I spoke to the front desk and ask if We could have a few more minutes and She said yes still I had someone beating on the door and called my room saying I had to get out now. When checking out the man said they had me mixed up with the room next door. Seriously????

Good price for an average room.

Room looked worn. Sheer curtains on the window were missing hooks and there were stains on carpet just as you entered the room. Made a bad first impression. Room on outside of building, so plenty of highway noise.

Bed hardish, but surprisingly comfortable. Staff courteous on phone and in person. In reality, the room seemed to be clean and had all amenities promised.

Nice enough to recommend but will check other options in area next time.

A lot of noise through window. We were at Back of hotel which had interstate not far. Could hear people talking in parking lot. Sounded as if window was open some but it was not. Slept we but had major back pain in mornings.

Location was great. Breakfast was better than other places we've stayed. Clean.

Location and outdoor pool.

The pool was closed middle of afternoon for cleaning. Wondering why the pool couldn't be maintained before the pool opened?

Location and outdoor pool. Plenty of places to eat with a walk or short drive. Friendly staff.

Nice place for the money!

Inexperienced front desk person couldn't accommodate our request to mail a letter for us. Didn't know if their policy on this.

Nice place.. enjoyed the outdoor pool but water temp was too cold.

Ok for the money but nothing above average

For a location that had high ratings I was disappointed. The breakfast was very limited, scramble eggs and sausage ( and one day no sausage) few other things but no variaty like fresh fruit, cheese, meats etc. Fitness centre consisted of a couple of treadmills stationanary bikes and a chin up bar. Air conditioner was very noisy, even mini fridge was quite loud ended up unplugging it. Room was clean enough but everything looking pretty worn.

It was ok but there was nothing that stood out to actually like

If you have back problems don't stay here

The bed was very uncomfortable. I have back problems and I got up in the middle of night and my back was so bad I couldn't sleep in it anymore. I had to put pillows up against my back and sleep sitting up

The room was nicely decorated and clean. And I like that fact they had refrigerator in microwave

The breakfast and the pool, friendly staff
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Baseball tournament guests were up late and noisy. I am concerned about the number of power cord extensions used in our room (2) both had at least 3 outlets full.

The breakfast and the pool, friendly staff

Outdated Overpriced Uncomfortable Smelled

It is outdated, stains on carpet, very old mattresses that are uncomfortable,overpriced vending machines,poor breakfast, toilet was broke as well as toilet lid and smelled musty

The receptionist that checked us out

Compared to others, you get a lot for the price!

The room had the perpetual odor of a smoking room (some customers have no respect).

Enjoyed having plenty of places to eat, reasonable proximity to downtown events; better than typical continental breakfast.

Overpriced, would not stay again, unless priced at $75-90 a night

Dated property. Room had a stale smell. Checked in with 4 people room only had two towels. I expected much nicer facilities based on the price.

Friendly staff.

Primerica Convention Trip 2017 - Overall we got what we had to have - a place to rest each evening.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They had "breakfast" but it was small, cramped and the variety left a little to be desired. Also they were not able to handle the amount of people there for the week from Primerica at our convention downtown!!!

The ease onto the I-65 expressway to travel Downtown near Lucas Oil Stadium each day!!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Ok stay but not great
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Bed wasn't comfortable. The room smelled wet and mildew. The breakfast wasn't expressive, no waffle mix or coffee by 8am so make sure u get there quick, even thou they stop breakfast at 9am.

Housekeeper was very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Good for the price

Cleaning staff left a dirty towel on floor near the bed. And didnt fully make the bed or clean our bathroom. Only had 2 towels, when we had 2 kids with us.

It was quiet and a convienent location. Staff was nice.

Good location but in need of some work

The room was stuffy and humid no matter how low you set the thermostat. The vent in the bathroom was covered in cobwebs. You could hear doors closing during the evening and nighttime hours. Not very soundproof. It felt like hotel needed an update.

The locarion. The staff was griendly.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Very comfy roost!

Sorry the robberies are bad in that neighborhood and we had to secure fishing rods fRom the roof to our hotel room.

The bed was sooo comfortable and the breakfast options fantastic and tasty.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

All things were ok nothing outstanding

The room was dark, light bulbs burn out in bath. Air conditioner did not cool.carpet could be cleaned or replaced.

All things were ok nothing outstanding

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nice place to stay slow to check in

The waiting on the staff to check in on a pre book reservation and the fact that the general manager won't return phone calls

The cleanliness of the room the location of the hotel

Very clean motel, friendly staff, convenient location (close...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Right next to I-65 so there was some traffic noise during the night. Not bad, and would not have been a factor if we were on the other side of the hall.

Very clean motel, friendly staff, convenient location (close to my relatives)

Best Baymont we have ever stayed in
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Due to proximity to highway you heard a bit more traffic noise than usual.

Beautiful hotel, lobby hallways and especially rooms were all clean and well appointed. The location was easy on and off the highway.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Disgusting Experience

We booked this hotel from the high ratings it received. However, we had a very poor and disgusting experience. We were just about to lay down for bed after a long day on the road with our kids, when I found at least four pubic hairs on the what was suppose to be clean sheets. I went up to the front desk and they provided us with new sheets with a casual "sorry about that". No let me get someone to come and change them, or let me move you to another room. Also, the shower was disgusting as well.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

We'd stay here again.

Mini fridge grumbled all night. Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about.

Easy access from the interstate, straight shot to downtown Indianapolis, restaurants nearby (Cracker Barrel, Carrabba Italian Grill, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, TX Roadhouse), and best of all, rooms were super clean.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great value at a little bit above the necessities!

General manager saw that I was struggling with the printer and stated that it had been broken or awhile now. If it was broken, I wish there had been a sign posted warning users. I really appreciate that he was nice enough to let me email him and have him print it out on an office printer. Maybe if he didn't see me struggle, I wouldn't have had his help!

The bed was soft, facilities clean, liked that the side entrances to the hotel could only be opened using a card key, we could hardly hear neighbors or people in the hall, and although our room was facing the freeway, we couldn't hear it at all! The in-wall air conditioning unit was the quietest I've ever encountered and the microwave, fridge, tv, and iron worked just right! Always had hot water for showers & plumbing was good too. Love that it is just 5 steps aware from Cracker Barrel. Housekeeping kept our privacy by not going in with the do not disturb sign. I didn't get to try the breakfast food there, pool, or gym so I don't know what those were like.

Great staff and value. Would likely stay there again.

Carpets needed to be cleaned. Appreciated having, fridge but it was very noisy!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of food choices close by, including Cracker Barrel right next door. Good parking. not fancy but clean and felt safe. As a woman traveling alone safety is an important factor for me. Right of interstate, so travel to different areas was easy.

good location, restaurants and gas station around.
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

outdated decoration. The room is a bit smelly, I guess it's the old carpet. No kettle in room, but hot water and coffee is always available in lobby.

good location, restaurants and gas station around. comfortable bed and shower. good breakfast. Microwave oven in room.

Great price&very clean, good Sat breakfast.

There was no breakfast on Sunday morning😣 , they have cereal but no bowls the only had coffee but I'm not a coffee drinker. The staff at front desk were not nice actually rude but the housekeeping lady were helpful n nice.if the fix or replace the mini fridge that will be great, b/c that lil thing was so, so loud

Breakfast was very good on Saturday morning, the room was very clean, there was ni people noise only from the highway and the mini fridge in the room,lol, that lil thing was loud, I really like how the the sink is outside the bathroom. The room was pretty big side ver comfy for a family of 4. I will definitely stay here again.

The breakfast area was congested, you might consider a...

The breakfast area was congested, you might consider a better layout and add another waffle maker for weekends. However, the food selection was excellent!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The room was a good size for our family of 3.

What appeared to be dried puke beside the toilet and ants all over the bathroom sink area.

The room was a good size for our family of 3. WIFI was definitely a plus.

Very pleasant stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room we were given had not been cleaned yet when we opened the door. The staff quickly gave us another room when we brought it to their attention and we had a pleasant stay.

Great place for the money and location

We didn't have any problems.

Room was clean, staff was friendly, and location is great, only 9 miles from Lucas oil stadium which is why we came to watch the AMA supercross.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Decent stay, Lukewarm welcome
    • King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk ignored me when I walked in. He was doing other things behind the counter including having a conversation with a co-worker and leisurely taking a drink before even addressing me.

The room was clean and spacious. Coffee was nice and hot in the morning.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Nothing special.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was dark and unwelcoming. Could hear the next room's TV, doors slamming made our whole room shake. We also had to get rid of a large 8 legged friend before we could go to sleep. We were just passing through and needed somewhere to sleep (with an infant and a toddler) and we couldn't get out of there fast enough in the morning. It just felt dirty.

It was convenient and right off the interstate

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

First Christmas Holiday away from home. Outstanding!

Enjoyed having hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate throughout the day or night. Easy access to my vehicle from the side entrance that was secured. Breakfast was hot and good.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Short trip

Was kind of hard to find. The noise was loud during night due to traffic outside. Staff only gave us one room to start when we had booked two. Had to ask for other room. When came in for night staff on phone. We needed to know breakfast and checkout time. Staff asked us to wait and would have probably been awhile cause key did not work and was still on phone when we came back to get it fixed.

It was clean and fairly nice room. Morning staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Good location with reasonable price.

House keeping needs to improve. They did not replenish the toiletries, coffee, and completely forgot to remove the garbage from my room while I was there.

good location with easy access to the Freeway.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice stay.. clean & comfy

Could hear other guests in neighboring rooms and hall.

Great location right off highway. Staff was very helpful. Clean and comfortable. Good value, will stay again next time we're in town. A bit noisy at night, walls a bit thin.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Everyone was nice.

The whole place needs an upgrade. The shower leaked but was fixed quickly. The toilet was trying to stop up when we got there, and they did send someone up quickly. Cost way too much for what we had. They were having computer problems was well. Still haven't been emailed my receipt.

Everyone was nice. When I had a problem, it was taken care of quickly.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Would not recommend.

Staff for starters. They were very rude and didn't seem to be interested in helping at all. They charged my card three times, meaning I overpaid $600 and then acted like I inconvenienced them when I asked them to reconcile the situation. I was also charged another $111 that I was told was like a security deposit that I have yet to see returned and no explanation as to why. I was hoping for a smooth weekend to and base point for my wedding and the events beforehand and they started it off on an extremely bad foot.

The only redeeming quality of this specific hotel was the location. It was right off the interstate and a reasonable drive to my wedding venue.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good place for a short stay.

Heating/AC unit was a little noisy (we reported it the next morning and they were receptive); hard to find the restaurant the desk clerk recommended (actually, we never did).

Friendly desk clerk. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Pokemon Go !
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff is either out front on smoke breaks or in the back room playing on their phones. They get really annoyed when you interrupt this routine with say wanting to check in, check out, or have a simple question.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Sleep with one eye open
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Security - week I was there several vehicles were broken into overnight...several ! ...Oh, the sign posted in the parking lot clearly states "not responsible for vehicle damage or theft"...it's like an invitation for thieves, or is such a huge problem here that Baymont just wants nothing to do with providing a secure parking area.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The room was very convenient;

I meant to tell the front desk this at check-out .... we killed 4 spiders (separate locations, different days) in our room. Probably something that needs to be looked in to.

The room was very convenient; first floor with back hall access. Very quiet. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Very fast stay in Indianapolis...only one night!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The city center was not so easy to reach, but fortunately it was not the main objective of our stay. It was not possible to pay separately the bill also if we asked for this at the check-in

Very clean room and bathroom, easy to reach from the interstate 65. Simple breakfast, but complete, included in the cost of the room.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Stayed for 7 nights.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Stayed for 7 nights. After being gone all day, returned one evening to find my room not cleaned. Inquired at front desk, was told I must of had the "Do Not Disturb" sign posted. Uh no, it's still on the INSIDE of the door where it's been all week. Can I get my room cleaned now? ....No, the entire cleaning staff went home for the day....seriously ?

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Rocky Start at First

I was treated very poorly when I first arrived at the hotel to check-in. The manager, Kim, acted like we had bothered her by even coming in the front door. Granted, it was quite a bit earlier than their regular check-in time, but my husband and I should have been treated respectfully, professionally, and greeted by someone with a smile on their face rather than a scowl. I spoke to the GM, Reed, about the matter and he promised to take care of the situation for future guests. I can only assume that he will live up to his word. Other than Kim, the other staff members, Krista, Amber, and Assistant GM, Rachel, were great!

The hotel was in close proximity to many restaurants and stores. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Family friendly

Not enough parking in front

The hotel was a little older, but clean and well maintained. Good for family on a budget - rooms equipped with microwave and fridge. Right off of the interstate, close to a strip mall, lots of eateries. Staff was the BEST!!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Our stay in Indi!

The room seemed dark (maybe the small window and tree cover outside window) and had musty smell, but was clean. The Wifi access should be more secure.

The access to Interstate and amenities. Staff were pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Pool closed on 93 degree day! On a busy weekend
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We booked the room at the hotel for the main reason to be able to swim and the pool was closed! And we should of been able to cancel our reservation for free due to them not having the pool open and weren't able to! 😡

Location was great!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Baymont was a great place to stay for the money. Easy access to the highway & 23 min from Indy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the room was not as clean as we would have liked and the eggs were a little runny.

for the money this was a great place to stay. It was not as clean as some other places that we've stayed but the staff and free breakfast made up for it.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The staff was not helpful.

The staff was not helpful. We requested early checkin at booking (arrival between 12 pm and 1 pm). We arrived close to 1 pm, but was told that we could not check in until 3 pm. The staff informed us that they do not look at 3rd party emails/requests if we wanted early checkin we would have to call the hotel directly. We explained that we had a funeral at 3 pm and needed to change. I had my 89 year old mother with me. The staff didn't even check to see if a room was ready or could be ready early. We went to Hampton Inn across the street and they let us change in a meeting room. That's where I will be staying from not on.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Good Stay at a great location

I would have liked to have had eggs or sausage for breakfast but it is ok. I ate some waffle and went to Chick Fil A. Not that it is a big deal, but the reception on the TV was not very good. Nothing major in the dislikes column.

The bed was very nice and I liked that it had a cover over the entire mattress! The location was great and the stay was good.

tub floor was cracked and patched.

tub floor was cracked and patched....felt very weak